Time to finish a season

I was just wondering how much time do you need to finish a season. When I started playing the FM series with Football Manager 2011. It would take me a couple of hours to go through a season. Now it takes me about 5-6 hours and still I don't think I'm following the training of my players.

No, I pour practically all my free time in it, of which I have a lot.

Indeed, I watch the matches on full detail, but can also play for hours just looking at player status pages, training setups and development, staff search screens, the tactics creator, scouting assignments; basically anything.

Wow, getting through a season in 5-6 hours is some going! I take anywhere between a week and 4 weeks. I do get a lot of time to play FM too (due to being able to play at work a lot, plus putting in some time at home). I play on my laptop though not a PC, which isn't as good (I need to buy a new one which I will after Christmas), but I also spend a lot of time watching matches, scouting, watching opposition, etc, etc. I take in a lot of stats, I like to look around the world. I do a lot of this, so even when I had a really good PC a few years ago, seasons still took quite a lot of playing time.

I use an instant result skin, some people like more detail and some like to see more results. I get through a season in about 8 hours without missing training or anything else. I do not partake in any media fluff though, that is all my ass.man. Most would say I may as well play FMT and this season especially, it's true, FMT is not missing much of anything I deem important. Depends on what level of detail you like though.

At full chat I'll get a season done in a week, which is 2-4 hours every evening and practically all weekend. Normally takes 2-3 weeks to a season.

I always play loads the week after it comes out and think  "I could reasonably do 52 seasons on this version" but life always gets in the way

13 hours ago, eriktous said:

Anywhere from 1 to 6 months, as a rough estimate.

so you only play 12-2 seasons per version with one save? 6 months for 1 season ?? I thought my brother was slow in two player when he does all the news conferences and waffle! but we probably do a two player online season in approx. 24 hours playing time. One player I'm a bit faster, I do training and scouting and manage my players.. I skip conferences and play matches in extended... probably 15-20 hours per season.

Archived