FM 2017 pre game editor - new features

KUBI

Pre-Game Editor

One of the most requested features this year in the Pre-Game Editor was a change to how competition boundaries are set. As a result, it’s now possible to use local regions, so you can confine your competitions to regional groups or even limit them to particular cities.

We’ve also included a more detailed explanation of the different editor options and how they’re used, which should make the whole experience of using the editor much easier for new and existing users and allow everyone to benefit fully from the Editor’s full power.

For those who like to create entirely new teams, we’ve added an option to create random kits. It’s even possible to ‘group select’ clubs and randomise all of their kits at once. Doing this ensures that all of the selected clubs will have different coloured kits with different styles.

We’ve also added an ‘undo’ feature, meaning that changes to competition rules can be undone by using a slider to determine how many you’d like to revert, while database changes are now grouped into a single place where they can be removed individually or all at once.

And there are plenty more changes too, including the ability to add non-player future transfers to the editor, add dates/season into the top goalscorer record for competitions, there are new custom filters, you can change domestic competition colours, there are some new basic rules (such as third-place play-off functionality) and the computer can even help fill in a player’s missing stats by being able to choose his role.

That first one is very nice. Will have to see how it works for multiple regions and when there are too many/not enough teams for each regional division, but absolutely happy with that one.

3 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

any features added to make editing advanced rules to continetal comps more user friendly??

No news about that, but as usual, there will be more changes to explore. I like that they added explanations, as this will encourage a lot more people to use the editor.

Just now, pedrosantos said:

My hope is that these new features will allow some editor experts to create pre-season tournements :)

International pre-season tournaments are already possible.

13 minutes ago, rothordegilian said:

Wait!!! How wide is this 'local region'? Could we, for example, use this to create the much talked about and infamous 'Atlantic League'?

I'm guessing local regions would be like what they are in the FM16 editor but it could change for FM17 

27 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I made a pre-season cup for teams in Luxembourg, San Marino and Liechtenstein. You could use it as a template.

Ländle Cup 2016_762A1ED6-A7B9-4D64-968D-DB7EE5806563.fmf

cheers for that

can you elaborate a bit more ? Should I open that file with the pre-editor when its released ? And if so, I just have to follow the settings ?

I think I tried something like this for FM16 because I had near 30 pre-season tournements made by two brazilian guys, so I opened one of the files and tried to replicate it... but, well, it just didn't go well. :lol:

Just now, pedrosantos said:

cheers for that

can you elaborate a bit more ? Should I open that file with the pre-editor when its released ? And if so, I just have to follow the settings ?

I think I tried something like this for FM16 because I had near 30 pre-season tournements made by two brazilian guys, so I opened one of the files and tried to replicate it... but, well, it just didn't go well. :lol:

There are more explanations and descriptions in the new FM2017 editor. I guess that will make it easier for you and a lot more to make their own files.

4 hours ago, KUBI said:

Pre-Game Editor

One of the most requested features this year in the Pre-Game Editor was a change to how competition boundaries are set. As a result, it’s now possible to use local regions, so you can confine your competitions to regional groups or even limit them to particular cities.

We’ve also included a more detailed explanation of the different editor options and how they’re used, which should make the whole experience of using the editor much easier for new and existing users and allow everyone to benefit fully from the Editor’s full power.

For those who like to create entirely new teams, we’ve added an option to create random kits. It’s even possible to ‘group select’ clubs and randomise all of their kits at once. Doing this ensures that all of the selected clubs will have different coloured kits with different styles.

We’ve also added an ‘undo’ feature, meaning that changes to competition rules can be undone by using a slider to determine how many you’d like to revert, while database changes are now grouped into a single place where they can be removed individually or all at once.

And there are plenty more changes too, including the ability to add non-player future transfers to the editor, add dates/season into the top goalscorer record for competitions, there are new custom filters, you can change domestic competition colours, there are some new basic rules (such as third-place play-off functionality) and the computer can even help fill in a player’s missing stats by being able to choose his role.

I'm gald that change to boundries as finally happen. From what you wrote, seems quite promising.

The further explenation is always welcome to further the knowledge of those used to the editor and to easy into new users. The more the merrier. ;)

This can actually be helpful for those that create several fantasy teams to expand the lower leagues or completely full fantasy edits. Can't wait to try it.

The undo button is quite welcome and bonus.

I hope that we get a more detailed list of new changes to the editor. But of this last part i'm glad that the basic editor can now do the third place playoff.

5 minutes ago, Max Clayton-Robb said:

There's a lot of new stuff this year - primarily driven by the Feature Request thread in this forum.

The best way to find them in to experiment and find them as you go! Enjoy editing everyone

Will post the first bug threads tomorrow, as set dates does not work in custom league files. :brock:

1 minute ago, Max Clayton-Robb said:

Go for it. Is that the case on multiple files? We had some in house where it was fine, so that's a weird one

Uploaded KUBI_Swiss.fmt

Early pre-season should be in early June, the game offers August.

18 hours ago, KUBI said:

Pre-Game Editor

Probably missing something obvious but I'm struggling to locate the explanations... help?

Just now, mikelfc8 said:

Probably missing something obvious but I'm struggling to locate the explanations... help?

Just hover tick boxes and select something to get it.

13 hours ago, Max Clayton-Robb said:

There's a lot of new stuff this year - primarily driven by the Feature Request thread in this forum.

The best way to find them in to experiment and find them as you go! Enjoy editing everyone

really love the news, however i don't understand the secrecy about it. if i want to create a file in the editor i'd love to know what editor can do in advance instead of having to find out i could do something much easier just didn't know the feature existed. in other words, editor is not a game where you bump on the feature and are glad and surprised there is some new stuff in the game. editor is a tool although i find myself enjoying it more than the game itself recently :D

14 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

Been using same file for 6 years mate

There is now a tournement in fmscout, The International Champions Cup, it was the file from the fm16 and its working with fm17. The author of the fmscout topic, simply opened the file with the fm17 editor and made a save as to the editor data folder of fm17. Problem is we can't manage to do the same with other files from fm16.

1 hour ago, MBarbaric said:

really love the news, however i don't understand the secrecy about it. if i want to create a file in the editor i'd love to know what editor can do in advance instead of having to find out i could do something much easier just didn't know the feature existed. in other words, editor is not a game where you bump on the feature and are glad and surprised there is some new stuff in the game. editor is a tool although i find myself enjoying it more than the game itself recently :D

This 100 % 

Have a play see what you find

The features should be listed end of story

On 3/11/2016 at 20:19, KUBI said:

Pre-Game Editor

I cannot find where it's located the new boundary feature. Has anyone found it?

On 04/11/2016 at 15:38, grade said:

Did any of you guys try the randomise of kits for completly new teams? Where and how do you exactly do this in the editor?

Select the nation, club or league you want to randomise the kits for, then select Edit>Randomise Kits from the menu bar.

Nice, blocking specific teams from promoting is in. That really helps when creating lower leagues and preventing pro-club's amateur sides from promoting to the profesional leagues.

But Kubi, are the league/club contract types fixed this year? The amateur clubs are spending a lot of their budget on youth players (3K a player per year) and I like to change those league youth contract types into non-contract like irl.

On 8.11.2016 at 12:59, Slabbekoorn said:

But Kubi, are the league/club contract types fixed this year? The amateur clubs are spending a lot of their budget on youth players (3K a player per year) and I like to change those league youth contract types into non-contract like irl.

You can set the contract types for all competitions in the competition itself.

Archived