FM17: Arsenal

llama3

15 hours ago, Liamgannon said:

Iwobi scored one of the best hatricks i've ever seen in any FM game, unbelievable. Totally smashed Chelsea and now i just have one game remaining, Bayern in the CL final.

Thibaut also scored a lol of an own goal.

If i win it i would have won it all. 

I just loaned Iwobi to Stoke with a £26M potential future fee if they avoid relegation. Think I'm signing Denis Suárez from Barca for £12M, absolute bargain man. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

Whoops, I still have Elneny as well! Thought I think he's out on loan.

my 2 CMs are a DLP(s) & BBM. Seems to work pretty well. I have Ozil as a AMC on a Enganche role

Oh, I can see why Coq isn't in your plan, lol. 

I play with CM/D (Coq) & BBM (Ramsey/Xhaka), so he's important part of the team. 

Ooo, GBP 21m for Payet...he's 30, and would only be rotation. I'm thinking more for a tutor. His contract does expire at the end of the season, but he's wanted by some foreign teams so I'd run the risk of him signing a pre-contract with them if I didn't go now.

Just now, disaccharide said:

Oh, I can see why Coq isn't in your plan, lol. 

I play with CM/D (Coq) & BBM (Ramsey/Xhaka), so he's important part of the team. 

Yeah, I like Coq, I really do...but he just doesn't have enough potential to make me change my tactics currently. I have a regen that's got 4.5* potential that's very similar to him, so I'd probably change my team around a little bit to accommodate him.

48 minutes ago, Liamgannon said:

Thanks man, yeah i'm ready! Looking forward to signing some players finally, thinking about getting malang sarr from nice as back up for kos.

Then i'm hoping to buy ruben neves as replacement for cazorla. 

Not sure i need anyone else. 

I short-listed Neves for 3 years, kept an eye on him, then I give up. There's no place for him really in my mid duo. 

8 hours ago, gholliday87 said:

Yeah, I like Coq, I really do...but he just doesn't have enough potential to make me change my tactics currently. I have a regen that's got 4.5* potential that's very similar to him, so I'd probably change my team around a little bit to accommodate him.

coq got 25 yellow cards for me last season, not a problem as it allows elneny to get some games but there is nothing i can do to stop him getting a booking.

I worked out, based on the games he's played for me so far, there is an 80% chance he'll get booked in any match he plays. 

1 hour ago, WillyBroadband said:

Well done, man! My favourite thing about winning the Champions League is competing in the World Club Cup, I love that competition. 

thanks man, yeah i can't wait for that competition to start, really hope i play someone like Santos in the final...

I noticed that when i won the double in my 1st season (league cup and league) i was still only 3rd favorites to win the league the following season. 

Now i've done a clean sweep i'm wondering if i'll finally be favorites to win the league?? 

5 minutes ago, Liamgannon said:

coq got 25 yellow cards for me last season, not a problem as it allows elneny to get some games but there is nothing i can do to spop him getting a booking.

I worked out, based on the games he's played for me so far, there is an 80% chance he'll get booked in any match he plays. 

I don't think I got 25 yellow cards all season! That's shocking!

2 hours ago, gholliday87 said:

Ooo, GBP 21m for Payet...he's 30, and would only be rotation. I'm thinking more for a tutor. His contract does expire at the end of the season, but he's wanted by some foreign teams so I'd run the risk of him signing a pre-contract with them if I didn't go now.

21m? Sorry mate, got him for £5.5m :p I had problem with AMR (IF/S) last season since I sold Walcott, and didn't have gut to promote Maitland-Niles. He was transfer-listed by request because he wanted to play in the CL, so I got him pretty cheap, he did played in CL like he wanted to, but we got knocked out by Celtic in RO16 :( (His freekick is reliable, and I don't play him as my AML (IF/A) because of yeah Alexis and Iwobi, but I did sub him some time there too though.)

Gotta add this (No More EPL) to his name because he had this one-year extension after 10 apps in the Prem clause to his contract and I'm not gonna use him any more next season since I got Gabriel Barbosa for £55m (after I bought Payet though) because I had so much money I didn't know what to do with this chunk of money, lol. So now he's playing in the cups until his contract runs out.

Dimitri Payet (No More EPL)_ History Career Stats.png

5 hours ago, gholliday87 said:

Coquelin is complaining that I'm not playing him and he feels he needs to leave to further his career...I was planning on getting rid of him in Jan anyway, so I tell him I can't give him the game time he requires and will look to send him on his way when I can, his response "No, that won't be necessary, I don't want to leave. I'll work hard and try to take my chance when it comes"

Mate, I've just told you your chance won't be coming. I've Ramsey, Cozorla, Wilshere, Xhaka & Soler all for 2 CM births...

Le Coq has been really good in my first season alternating between B2B and BWB (s).

18 games, 3 goals, 7 assists, 89% pass, Avr 7.49. - He's probably my first choice to be honest.

3 hours ago, Liamgannon said:

coq got 25 yellow cards for me last season, not a problem as it allows elneny to get some games but there is nothing i can do to spop him getting a booking.

Ha! he's got 2 yellows in 22 games so far for me!

5 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

@gholliday87 what did you end up doing with Ramsey, mate? I'm still undecided about him, he has about 3 months until his contract ends. Torn between getting £115K off the wage bill and keeping a long term solid(ish) player. 

Oddly enough, he's been one of my most consistent performers this season...sacked him off as a playmaker and mainly use him as a BBM, performers pretty well. Scored 3, assisted 2 in 12 games.

3 hours ago, carlowsaint19 said:

Hope this is of some help!

Divock Origi_ Overview Profile.png

It was, Berahino is playing much better than I thought, so Origi is on the back burner for the moment.

1 hour ago, Liamgannon said:

it was worse than i actually remember, Le Coq leading the way with 31 yellows and two reds lol

2zpl5d4.png

Oh my lord, that's shocking!! Nice one on getting Ozil to score 20 goals

7 hours ago, disaccharide said:

21m? Sorry mate, got him for £5.5m :p I had problem with AMR (IF/S) last season since I sold Walcott, and didn't have gut to promote Maitland-Niles. He was transfer-listed by request because he wanted to play in the CL, so I got him pretty cheap, he did played in CL like he wanted to, but we got knocked out by Celtic in RO16 :( (His freekick is reliable, and I don't play him as my AML (IF/A) because of yeah Alexis and Iwobi, but I did sub him some time there too though.)

Gotta add this (No More EPL) to his name because he had this one-year extension after 10 apps in the Prem clause to his contract and I'm not gonna use him any more next season since I got Gabriel Barbosa for £55m (after I bought Payet though) because I had so much money I didn't know what to do with this chunk of money, lol. So now he's playing in the cups until his contract runs out.

Dimitri Payet (No More EPL)_ History Career Stats.png

Mine is only September 17, so I'm probably a season behind when you got him.

8 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

Oddly enough, he's been one of my most consistent performers this season...sacked him off as a playmaker and mainly use him as a BBM, performers pretty well. Scored 3, assisted 2 in 12 games.

Same here, man. He's definitely improved, I rotate him & Barkley to play CM with Özil. 

Looking at the screenshot, his stats in all comps are pretty decent. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 22.30.05.png

12 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

Same here, man. He's definitely improved, I rotate him & Barkley to play CM with Özil. 

Looking at the screenshot, his stats in all comps are pretty decent. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 22.30.05.png

Yeah, he seems to be doing well. One thing I am figuring out is that stability really is more important on this version, especially in defence. I've kept more clean sheets this season already than I did all last season and I'm only in October.

Side note, how did you embed your picture? I've totally forgotten how!

43 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

Yeah, he seems to be doing well. One thing I am figuring out is that stability really is more important on this version, especially in defence. I've kept more clean sheets this season already than I did all last season and I'm only in October.

I agree, I have very rarely changed from Cech, Monreal, Koscielny, Mustafi, Bellerin* for 3 seasons now and I have a very good defensive record. 

*injured for 3 months and Jenkinson has actually been playing better?! Bonkers. 

17 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

I agree, I have very rarely changed from Cech, Monreal, Koscielny, Mustafi, Bellerin* for 3 seasons now and I have a very good defensive record. 

*injured for 3 months and Jenkinson has actually been playing better?! Bonkers. 

Jenkinson is actually pretty good in this game, he's only rated 2 stars but his pace makes up for some of his poorer attributes. 

58 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

I play ramsey in the AMC position as an AP (a) as cover for ozil, tbh he's a bit of a squad player, i also play him as backup for the MC position, he ended up playing as a DLP in my CL final as cazorla was coming back from injury, he's not quite good enough to nail down a starting position but you know you can trust him to play well when called upon, he doesn't seem to moan either so all in all he's a valuable player to have on the books. 

11 hours ago, gholliday87 said:

Mine is only September 17, so I'm probably a season behind when you got him.

Sorry, my bad. But if you really wanna get him, then go ahead. He's really good versatile player, both in the game and IRL. Plus you can quasi recreate the french connection (Kos - Le Coq - Payet - Giroud). And if you have Lafont, then you have at least one frenchman in every strata. 

Or you might take a risk and wait for another season to see if he's gonna be unhappy with life at West Ham or not. 

15 minutes ago, disaccharide said:

Sorry, my bad. But if you really wanna get him, then go ahead. He's really good versatile player, both in the game and IRL. Plus you can quasi recreate the french connection (Kos - Le Coq - Payet - Giroud). And if you have Lafont, then you have at least one frenchman in every strata. 

Or you might take a risk and wait for another season to see if he's gonna be unhappy with life at West Ham or not. 

I could, but I#ve sold Giroud, Le Coq is leaving in Jan and Kos is riding the pine.

He's leaving at the end of the season apparently. I may wait until then.

3 hours ago, disaccharide said:

"CM with Özil"

You playe 4-1-2-3 DM??

Yeah man, I've played Özil as a CM for 3 seasons now.. 

First, in a middle 3 on the left as an AP/Support in a 4-3-3

Second, in a middle 2 this time as a RP/Support in a 4-1-2-3

Third (& current), in a middle 2 as a CM/Attack in a 4-1-2-3 

Average rating of 7.33, 7.29 & 7.40. Just extended his contract again to 2021 too, on £190K a week. 

I might be crazy but Giroud has been transfer listed at Man City for £2.4M (I sold him to them for £12.5M) and am thinking of re-signing him. He's 32 now but still good stats and that is a bargain. 

Morata has had 2 long term injuries in both seasons I've had him and Tukama Asano isn't good enough back up for André Silva. 

46 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

I might be crazy but Giroud has been transfer listed at Man City for £2.4M (I sold him to them for £12.5M) and am thinking of re-signing him. He's 32 now but still good stats and that is a bargain. 

Morata has had 2 long term injuries in both seasons I've had him and Tukama Asano isn't good enough back up for André Silva. 

Do it! Unless he wants stupid wages.

I'm counting down the days until January when I can have a good old fashioned clear out.

1 hour ago, WillyBroadband said:

Yeah man, I've played Özil as a CM for 3 seasons now.. 

First, in a middle 3 on the left as an AP/Support in a 4-3-3

Second, in a middle 2 this time as a RP/Support in a 4-1-2-3

Third (& current), in a middle 2 as a CM/Attack in a 4-1-2-3 

Average rating of 7.33, 7.29 & 7.40. Just extended his contract again to 2021 too, on £190K a week. 

Seems like CM/A suits him better considering his rating (as of now).

Btw, I have a relatively huge problem with Dybala now. He just keeps getting injured. I don't know why. Plus, PSG is keeping an eye on him, maybe I have to bye-bye him at the end of the season. 

27 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

Do it! Unless he wants stupid wages.

I'm counting down the days until January when I can have a good old fashioned clear out.

Done, £2.3M and back to the club at the end of the season. Diego Costa can leave (even though he's been really good) 

With Costa, Ramsey, Theo & possibly Morata leaving thats £515K a week saving off the wage budget. Thats insane! 

Just now, disaccharide said:

Seems like CM/A suits him better considering his rating (as of now).

Btw, I have a relatively huge problem with Dybala now. He just keeps getting injured. I don't know why. Plus, PSG is keeping an eye on him, maybe I have to bye-bye him at the end of the season. 

I would, I have a similar thing with Morata - 2 seasons with me and 2 big injuries (min. 4 months out) and Man City & PSG sniffing about. 

47 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

Done, £2.3M and back to the club at the end of the season. Diego Costa can leave (even though he's been really good) 

With Costa, Ramsey, Theo & possibly Morata leaving thats £515K a week saving off the wage budget. Thats insane! 

That is really good! I'll be getting rid of at least 3 midfielders this Jan window.

Just played Oxford in the EFL Cup and managed to play 5 of my most promising youths, the youngest been 14 & half...happily won and gave some kids some experience.

Then in the previous game i beat utd 2-0 in the charity shield, love getting one over Mourinho, his bitter post game comments make for great reading, must say, they've got his personality spot on in this game.  

That brings my winnings in two and a bit seasons to:

2 x Premiership 

2 x league cups 

1 x charity shield 

1 x FA cup 

1 x super cup 

1 x champions league

Man Utd v Arsenal_ Overview Overview.png

Top of the league after 13 games with Arsenal but have so far been hugely disappointing with Ozil's contribution. I really wanted him to get a good amount of goals and assists, especially the latter but after 8 appearances he only has 1 goal and three assists. Perhaps I am being harsh but I expected more. I do however note he is making almost double the key passes of any other player, suggesting he starts the attacks.

Sanchez has been the stand out performer with 9 goals and 9 assists in 13 appearances whilst Giroud has 9 and 3 in 12 games.

Bit of a dillemma in midfield. Coq is moving to City in January and Elneny kicked up a storm about a lack of game time. What with not really seeing Ramsey either in my plans im in for quite the reshuffle. I currently play a 4-2-3-1 however that will eventually turn into a 4-1-2-2-1 as I transition to my possession orientated system.

Thinking of retraining Ozil into a sort of Xavi-esq player. Anyone tried and had any success?

Also why cant Cech tutor Donnarumma

10 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

14 and a half?! Thats mental. How are they that young? 

I got 3 or 4 regens that were born in 2002 in my first youth intake.

On a side note, Donnarumma has started season 2 on fire...12 clean sheets in 17 games only conceding 6 goals. His only 'con' in the coach reports is that he's one footed.

So Sanchez is ruled out for 3 months at the start of my 3rd season, what shall i do? 

simple, it's time to release the 'Akpom' 

i haven't managed to play him as much as i would have liked in previous seasons so he's definitely behind in his development but hopefully with giroud and lucas too i'll have enough fire power to keep up with the likes of city, who by the way, have been on a mad spending spree, spending over 185m in the pre season transfer window. 

They've bought dembele from dortmund for 65m and then they've also signed koke for a similar fee. 

I made a rookie mistake and forgot to up my training levels in pre season so i incurred about 8 injuries to my 1st team players. Should make for an interesting start to the season, and with coquelin and elneny both suspended for 3 games i'll have to rejig my tactics to compensate for their loss. 

I think this is the best version of FM i've ever played, what do other people think? 

2 minutes ago, Liamgannon said:

I think this is the best version of FM i've ever played, what do other people think? 

I agree, man. Apart from 1 or 2 odd little bugs that I've noticed, they will probably get ironed out in the next update. I am loving this years game. 

Can anyone tell me if things become easier after 3/4 seasons...i know in previous versions of this game after say, season 5, it becomes a bit all too easy where AI teams make ludicrous decisions and don't know how to stay competitive by maintaining their squads. 

Archived