Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

Anyone recommends a good BWM? I like Coquelin, but I try to sign a better player. I have Thiago Maia, but he is playing a lot as BBM for me then I need other guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hbsssj said:

Anyone recommends a good BWM? I like Coquelin, but I try to sign a better player. I have Thiago Maia, but he is playing a lot as BBM for me then I need other guy.

In FM16 I signed Wanyama who was great for me although would be very tough now that he's with Sp*rs. Bazoer is a good bet or you could try William Carvalho. I signed Nainggolan before who did pretty well. I also like Kevin Strootman, who while not a true BWM, can play any midfield role basically and can do a job at BWM

Edited by puffascruffowitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to give us more as to what you want this BWM to be as so many players can bring so much to this role...

 

Porto's Ruben Neves  9d157026b9864846a463bfc535412185.png Would bring a different type of play to your BWM role, he isn't the strongest of challenger but would bring passing and creativity to the role if he won the ball. 

Eric Dier Will bring a no-nonsense approach to the role and play a2c15713d30c4d22a1c2155626d4450e.png

Timothy Fosu - Mensah could me moulded into whatever you choose too ... 24a756fb6943415fb231b2b6b97baa9c.png

 

 

You have the old and trusted Fm stalwart ... Taras Stepanenko  221c9296fd6d4d9396d5e9a5196f4580.png

I'm still tempted by Alex Song myself as he has enough about him to fit what I want from that role and can be a good foil to my rotated Coquelin / Fosu Mensah too... b0cdf03c2bb447249d0bdd7fa3033014.png

 

All in all, you need to think about what you want the role to do and to be before we can give you a 100% directed response, I hope above has given you food for thought, all of these would be great signings but it's what you want out of the role that matters the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, thanks for these sugestions. I want a player that can protect my defense and have a good pass too (but most important role is recover the ball).  For example, Wanyama and Dier could be perfect, but unfortunately they are in Spurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After winning the title 2/3 seasons I find myself 6th in the 4th season really struggling with the same tactics that won me the league just hoping I can avoid the sack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2016 at 17:39, lomekian said:

So First season out the way...and its a quadruple!

Only data updates are one that returns Theo to his FM16 CA rather than the lower FM17 one and one that cancels every team's loans.

Basically I played a slightly adapted version of my final FM16 tactic, and it proved almost as effective in FM17. The crucial difference was playing Alexis up top as a Defensive forward. Despite less impressive returns from Iwobi and Ozil and Ramsey than in FM16, it was remarkably soild. My back up tactics are a rarely used 41221 and a 433 for overpowering weak opposition.

As ever rotation rotation rotation is the key, not only to keep fitness up, but to avoid serious injuries. Thankfully I only got the odd month here and there and no serious knee injuries or anything.

What is interesting is how you can get a mediocre player to have a great impact if you get their form up. I had the emergency selection of Chuba Akpom get me a hatrick at the Etihad in the ECL off the back of a couple of confidence boosting cup games against lower league oppostion, and he followed that up with a poacher's finish against the same opposition off the bench in the FA CUP final.

For the league season my record was extraordinary. The first half of the season was canter, destroying all opposition, but the second half saw lots of 1 goal victories, with the subs bench bailing me out several times. Giroud 4 or 5 times got winners off the bench in the last 5 mins.

Hi Lomekian,

I am going to shamelessly copy this tactic - it is precisely what I was trying to create and failing terribly at. It reminds me of the one time one of my own tactics worked a charm (I think it was back in CM11) or similar when my offset DM(lc), MC(rc) & AM(lc) worked amazingly. 

One question, when you called for Giroud - was that in as a TM or does the system need him to try and stick as  DF? I'll be trying myself of course but any help or advice well appreciated!!

Unless of course the latest patch has banjaxed it!

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Hi Lomekian,

I am going to shamelessly copy this tactic - it is precisely what I was trying to create and failing terribly at. It reminds me of the one time one of my own tactics worked a charm (I think it was back in CM11) or similar when my offset DM(lc), MC(rc) & AM(lc) worked amazingly. 

One question, when you called for Giroud - was that in as a TM or does the system need him to try and stick as  DF? I'll be trying myself of course but any help or advice well appreciated!!

Unless of course the latest patch has banjaxed it!

Cheers

 

Giroud can work as a TM (A or S), a CF (again either) or a AF, but when he comes in you need to think about who he combines best with. Ramsey, OX, Jenkinson and GIbbs all work well with him because of their crossing ability and Ramsey's desire to break forward late into the box.

Still works ok with the latest patch for sure, though a bit more formation tweaking in games may be required. As is my want, have started again, trying to give more games to the kids and experimenting with other signings (again no superstars - though have unsettled Shaw and Martial who have requested transfers, so if bids come in for either left back or a striker or winger, things may change...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/11/2016 at 12:50, Ragingsheep said:

Which LBs are people looking at?

Ricardo's name is usually mentioned but he's on massive wages and he's also a bit on the slow side.

I picked up Fabio Coentrao from RM for around 9mil, he was great as a first team player and fit the team perfectly in the wingback system I was using. Could most definitely play as a more conventional LB though.

I cheekily resigned Cesc too, he was listed as world class and managed to negotiate a transfer of 18mil in the first transfer window. Great first team player, scored goals and made assists. The best thing was that he contributed to the home grown quota too :):)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 17:39, lomekian said:

So First season out the way...and its a quadruple!

Only data updates are one that returns Theo to his FM16 CA rather than the lower FM17 one and one that cancels every team's loans.

Basically I played a slightly adapted version of my final FM16 tactic, and it proved almost as effective in FM17. The crucial difference was playing Alexis up top as a Defensive forward. Despite less impressive returns from Iwobi and Ozil and Ramsey than in FM16, it was remarkably soild. My back up tactics are a rarely used 41221 and a 433 for overpowering weak opposition.

As ever rotation rotation rotation is the key, not only to keep fitness up, but to avoid serious injuries. Thankfully I only got the odd month here and there and no serious knee injuries or anything.

What is interesting is how you can get a mediocre player to have a great impact if you get their form up. I had the emergency selection of Chuba Akpom get me a hatrick at the Etihad in the ECL off the back of a couple of confidence boosting cup games against lower league oppostion, and he followed that up with a poacher's finish against the same opposition off the bench in the FA CUP final.

For the league season my record was extraordinary. The first half of the season was canter, destroying all opposition, but the second half saw lots of 1 goal victories, with the subs bench bailing me out several times. Giroud 4 or 5 times got winners off the bench in the last 5 mins.

My one big signing was crucial for this too.

 

Marco Asensio joined from Real Madrid (after a little unsettling work) for £25.5m and was BRILLIANT. 25 starts and 6 sub appearances, 17 goals and 12 assists from behind the front man or on the left wing, averaging 7.61, and because of his youth doesn't even count against squad limits. Can't recommend him enough. Dead ball expert too  - 8 of those goals were direct free kicks.

Asensio.png

tactic.png

tactic ti.png

vs Bayern ECL Final s sml1.png

league s1.png

copied this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, brfcboy said:

Can someone post a screenshot of Reiss Nelson 4 or 5 seasons in and how he develops

 

cheers

This is him in the pre-season of the fourth season in my game. I put a lot of work into his development.

b27e6d2ab1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hasdgfas said:

This is him in the pre-season of the fourth season in my game. I put a lot of work into his development.

b27e6d2ab1.jpg

what sort of development did you do with him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arsenalthebest said:

what sort of development did you do with him?

I started off by having Sanchez tutor him, which is how he got his Determination so high, as well as the reason for the personality change to Determined. In the second half of the first season, I sent him on loan to Cardiff. I wasn't sure I wanted to send him on loan that early, but a Championship Club who said they'd give him a few games was enough for me. I don't think I would have sent him out on loan to a lower league than that. Second season, I sent him out on loan to a Championship club again, and while he didn't perform that well there, his attributes were growing so much thanks to the games he was getting and his high determination/good personality, I recalled him in January and started to bleed him into the first team. He didn't perform well that first half-season I was using him, but the game time was clearly important for him. He claimed a first-team place partway into the next season and has been rolling since, with 23 goals and 30 assists over the next two seasons.

Also, I was wrong. It's pre-season of the 5th season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hasdgfas said:

I started off by having Sanchez tutor him, which is how he got his Determination so high, as well as the reason for the personality change to Determined. In the second half of the first season, I sent him on loan to Cardiff. I wasn't sure I wanted to send him on loan that early, but a Championship Club who said they'd give him a few games was enough for me. I don't think I would have sent him out on loan to a lower league than that. Second season, I sent him out on loan to a Championship club again, and while he didn't perform that well there, his attributes were growing so much thanks to the games he was getting and his high determination/good personality, I recalled him in January and started to bleed him into the first team. He didn't perform well that first half-season I was using him, but the game time was clearly important for him. He claimed a first-team place partway into the next season and has been rolling since, with 23 goals and 30 assists over the next two seasons.

Also, I was wrong. It's pre-season of the 5th season.

ok how do you use him in matches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arsenalthebest said:

ok how do you use him in matches

Inside Forward, generally on the right, across from Sanchez. Not really any player instructions apart from the default Inside Forward ones. Most of his assists are crosses to the feet of the striker who's running down the middle of the pitch towards the near post, or to the other wing player at the far post. These generally come after either a big run down the wing from him from his own half, or after he finds some space in the defense during a bunch of passes back and forth in the middle of the pitch trying to open up the defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, hasdgfas said:

This is him in the pre-season of the fourth season in my game. I put a lot of work into his development.

b27e6d2ab1.jpg

Thanks for the reply I am currently playing as Blackburn in my third season and reckon I can sign him for 15-20 million and have the cash free,  seems like a no brainer to sign him looking at those stats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Tue Jan 03 2017 at 04:19, Bear3006 said:

I picked up Fabio Coentrao from RM for around 9mil, he was great as a first team player and fit the team perfectly in the wingback system I was using. Could most definitely play as a more conventional LB though.

I cheekily resigned Cesc too, he was listed as world class and managed to negotiate a transfer of 18mil in the first transfer window. Great first team player, scored goals and made assists. The best thing was that he contributed to the home grown quota too :):)

Tend to pick up jeorge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked this game up and have just reached Jan in season 1. Things are going fairly well thus far, I'm second in the league (with patchy away form - a lot of draws happening) and through to CL knockout stages.

So far I've signed Luke Shaw (Transfer listed £20M in september) and sold off Monreal to China. Sold Gabriel for £18M to China too. I signed Dembele from Celtic for £9M but loaned him back for the rest of the season as I figured he wouldn't start this Sanchez, Giroud, Theo and Lucas all capable of playing up top. It's a shame really as Giroud started the season on fire and then went 19 hours without scoring a goal. Lucas has done well and scored 10 league goals so far and Ozil has chipped in with a few. Iwobi started slowly but over Christmas put in a string of terrific performances which earned him a new deal.

I kept Cazorla and BFG on for another two years to add some experience to the youngsters I'm signing such as Dayot. I'm going to try and keep the squad together as much as I can and spend as little as possible on new signings unless a really great deal comes along like Shaw who will be my left back for the next 10 years unless he throws a paddy. 

Oh and Sanchez got injured in September for 4 months which has sucked. 

 

dayot .jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Just got to December in my first season and had this message. Is this pretty standard or amazing luck?

Going to have a serious punt at Dybala in January - European cup tie or not!

 

20170107202214_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Hi all,

Just got to December in my first season and had this message. Is this pretty standard or amazing luck?

Going to have a serious punt at Dybala in January - European cup tie or not!

 

20170107202214_1.jpg

got it too, seems standard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first season ended pretty good! 

Transfers in (jan): Joe Gomez

Transfers out: Mertesacker, Debuchy, Gabriel

PL: 3:rd

EFL: winners ( 2-1 against Stoke)

FACup: winners ( 4-0 against Swansea)

CL: winners ( 5-3 against Bayern)

 

Second season is on the way and i have released Cazorla and replaced him with Wilshere. PSG came with crazy money for Lucas so off he went. In comes Penaranda, pretty expansive but he looks good. I've also sold Ospina and bought a cheap Valdes. Ryan Sessegnon looks promising as well and he will replace Monreal in the future.

Liverpool came in with a bid of 60m pounds on Iwobi, but i refused:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using a tactic with no wingers at the moment. Mesut and Cazorla are both out for a long time and I'm using the Ox and he's done pretty well. Do you think he could develop into a natural successor for Ozil and Cazorla at AMC? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time reader. First time poster

Just started my second season

Currently have a settled back line of

Maty Ryan (although bought Donnarumma last night)

Bellerin

Kos

Mustafi

Tierney

 

Centre Midfield rotates between

Wilshire

Santi

Witzel

Xhaka

Eleny

Coq

 

And attack is between

Oscar 

Sanchez

Iturbe (although keeps wanting to go on loan even when in the first team)

Iwobi (not quite ready)

Burke

Lucas Moura

Muinain

 

With Icardi or Andre Silva leading the line (Giroud signed a new contract then went on loan) with Welbz backing up when required

 

Finding Welbz is better in AML however Sanchez is more consistent. Did have Lukaku but after the first season he said i broke a promise a f***ed off

 

Bought quite a few young guns who are spread out over Europe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Matti1981 said:

Long time reader. First time poster

Just started my second season

Currently have a settled back line of

Maty Ryan (although bought Donnarumma last night)

Bellerin

Kos

Mustafi

Tierney

 

Centre Midfield rotates between

Wilshire

Santi

Witzel

Xhaka

Eleny

Coq

 

And attack is between

Oscar 

Sanchez

Iturbe (although keeps wanting to go on loan even when in the first team)

Iwobi (not quite ready)

Burke

Lucas Moura

Muinain

 

With Icardi or Andre Silva leading the line (Giroud signed a new contract then went on loan) with Welbz backing up when required

 

Finding Welbz is better in AML however Sanchez is more consistent. Did have Lukaku but after the first season he said i broke a promise a f***ed off

 

Bought quite a few young guns who are spread out over Europe

How has Ryan developed? Is he at arsenal's level? Thought maybe mid table at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steady. No guns blazing but had enough confidence to happily rotate with Cech (now Donnarumma). He's only 25 and was listed by Valencia so was worth the punt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in March of my 4th season. I'm on pace to win the league for the 4th year running. Year 3 I had 97 points and 115 goals scored. On pace for an even more dominant league title this year. I spent huge amounts of money the first few windows and now haven't really needed to spend much since my youth teams are stocked and the first team is exactly how I want it. I won the first two titles with a fluid 4-1-2-3, but it wasn't so convincing. We won the league narrowly with it and couldn't get results against the best teams. So I switched to a 4-4-1-1 since I always lost going up against it, especially Man Utd. It has been amazingly successfull. We are literally unstoppable, at the start of the 3rd season we won I think like 22 games in a row across all competitions.

GK - Donnarumma/Sirigu

CD - Laporte, Rugani, Kos, Mertesacker.
DR - Bellerin/Pedro Pereira
DL - Gaya/Gibbs
CM - Coq, Ramsey, Xhaka, Thiago Maia
MR - Embolo/Ox
ML - Sanchez
AM - Ozil/Sigurdsson
CF - Morata/Belotti
Youth:
Boubacar Kamara, Ryan Sessegnon, Francisco Trincao, Reiss Nelson, Jeff Reine-Adelaide, Pinamonti, Facundo Colidio, Filipe Melegoni, Kai Havertz (who looks like he could be the best creative midfielder in the world in a couple years)

Edited by puffascruffowitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Tommo1 said:

What have you guys done with Asano?

Can't say I've done anything with him. Maybe at my WP club (ADO Den Haag) or I've forgotten.

Aiming to start blending in my Loanees next season. Waiting for Jan window to try and get the best ones out to high level clubs. If he's in the list then we'll  see how he's gone but with Icardi and Andre Silva I can't see him getting much time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puffascruffowitz said:

I'm in March of my 4th season. I'm on pace to win the league for the 4th year running. Year 3 I had 97 points and 115 goals scored. On pace for an even more dominant league title this year. I spent huge amounts of money the first few windows and now haven't really needed to spend much since my youth teams are stocked and the first team is exactly how I want it. I won the first two titles with a fluid 4-1-2-3, but it wasn't so convincing. We won the league narrowly with it and couldn't get results against the best teams. So I switched to a 4-4-1-1 since I always lost going up against it, especially Man Utd. It has been amazingly successfull. We are literally unstoppable, at the start of the 3rd season we won I think like 22 games in a row across all competitions.

GK - Donnarumma/Sirigu

CD - Laporte, Rugani, Kos, Mertesacker.
DR - Bellerin/Pedro Pereira
DL - Gaya/Gibbs
CM - Coq, Ramsey, Xhaka, Thiago Maia
MR - Embolo/Ox
ML - Sanchez
AM - Ozil/Sigurdsson
CF - Morata/Belotti
Youth:
Boubacar Kamara, Ryan Sessegnon, Francisco Trincao, Reiss Nelson, Jeff Reine-Adelaide, Pinamonti, Facundo Colidio, Filipe Melegoni, Kai Havertz (who looks like he could be the best creative midfielder in the world in a couple years)

Any chance you would be up for sharing the tactic etc? Sounds monstrous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, arsenalthebest said:

I second that request

I used the Fusstigate one last night. Arsenal 8 Chelski 0

Icardi hatrick within 27 min (4-0)

Andre Silva on at approx 60 min and also got 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Any chance you would be up for sharing the tactic etc? Sounds monstrous!

Here you go. It's basically O-zil to the Arsenal's Very Fluid tactic. Except I find I get more out of it with shorter passing and wingers instead of Wide Midfielders. Sanchez on the left really ends up like an IF in attack, coming inside a lot with his PPM of "cuts inside from left wing". Between Ox/Alexis/Embolo the wide roles are basically interchangeable. They all do well on either side.

The only changes I make is if a team has a very pacey striker or two strikers I'll switch to 'slightly higher' instead of a high line. But now with Rugani and Laporte being basically the two best defenders in the game I can get away with a high line even against Aguero types.  You can basically ignore possession with this tactic. Sure, most of the time you'll have the majority of it, but I've dominated games with 50%. The only other changes I make in game is I'll go higher tempo sometimes or I'll go to mixed passing if we're not opening up the defense.

Arsenal_  Overview.png    Arsenal_  Overview-2.png

 

Premier League_ History Past Winners.png  Table.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 07:46, hasdgfas said:

This is him in the pre-season of the fourth season in my game. I put a lot of work into his development.

b27e6d2ab1.jpg

Here's how Reiss Nelson is looking in my save. I guess I haven't done as good a job as developing him as you have. It looks like you're not giving him any games? I've given him a handful of games in the 3rd and 4th seasons. His mentals worry me, I don't know that he'll reach the potential I had hoped at this point.

Reiss Nelson_ Overview Profile.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, puffascruffowitz said:

 It looks like you're not giving him any games? 

Screenshot is in July, after the previous season's got scrubbed, but just before we started preseason games. He's getting plenty of games, trust me. He started getting first-team chances as soon as January of season 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hasdgfas said:

Screenshot is in July, after the previous season's got scrubbed, but just before we started preseason games. He's getting plenty of games, trust me. He started getting first-team chances as soon as January of season 2.

Right that makes sense. You've done a fantastic job of developing him, I imagine he'll become an Arsenal legend for you with those stats :applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Spoiler
7 hours ago, puffascruffowitz said:

Here's how Reiss Nelson is looking in my save. I guess I haven't done as good a job as developing him as you have. It looks like you're not giving him any games? I've given him a handful of games in the 3rd and 4th seasons. His mentals worry me, I don't know that he'll reach the potential I had hoped at this point.

Reiss Nelson_ Overview Profile.png

 

What skin is that Puffascruffowitz? It looks really good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, puffascruffowitz said:

Here you go. It's basically O-zil to the Arsenal's Very Fluid tactic. Except I find I get more out of it with shorter passing and wingers instead of Wide Midfielders. Sanchez on the left really ends up like an IF in attack, coming inside a lot with his PPM of "cuts inside from left wing". Between Ox/Alexis/Embolo the wide roles are basically interchangeable. They all do well on either side.

The only changes I make is if a team has a very pacey striker or two strikers I'll switch to 'slightly higher' instead of a high line. But now with Rugani and Laporte being basically the two best defenders in the game I can get away with a high line even against Aguero types.  You can basically ignore possession with this tactic. Sure, most of the time you'll have the majority of it, but I've dominated games with 50%. The only other changes I make in game is I'll go higher tempo sometimes or I'll go to mixed passing if we're not opening up the defense.

Arsenal_  Overview.png    Arsenal_  Overview-2.png

 

Premier League_ History Past Winners.png  Table.png

Hi

 

Thanks very much for sending this through, much appreciated and looks like you've had a stonking few seasons.

I'm also using a tweaking version of Mr Ozils tactic but a flat midfield 3 and AML, AMR AND CF. I saw the flat 4411 but didn't think it would suit the likes of Sanchez. Looks like i was wrong!

I'm in Christmas of first season and just about top so reluctant to change tactics just now but one to consider and possibly implement for season 2 (with a full pre season of training of course).

Cheers!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sp3c said:

 

  Hide contents

 

What skin is that Puffascruffowitz? It looks really good!

It's the Vitrex skin. THe only thing I don't like is it's got the instant result, which I never use. Although I did have a few game crashes where it came in handy to sim the games I'd lost with the crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...