FM17: Arsenal

llama3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Liamgannon said:

Went to renew paulista contract midway through the 3rd season and he doesn't sign after accepting his new deal, instead i get a message saying his WP has been rejected...

now i assume i missed an important message in my inbox as i holidayed through pre season, and i imagine this has something to do with brexit...

Can anyone clarify this?

Usually in the WP rejection message it will tell you why it's rejected. I got that for Rondon because Venezeula is too low in the country rankings. Guess I'm looking for a new backup striker at the end of the season. Although I have a couple youths in the academy I can start to bleed in. Icardi is still the starter.

disappointing 3rd season for me. Didn't manage to win the league for the 3rd time in a row, went down to the last game of the season away to watford, leading chelsea on GD and i somehow messed it up and drew 2-2. 

Was conceding silly goals in the last minutes of games all season so it eventually came back to bite me in the bum. My defence is getting old so monreal and kos will be replaced, thought i could get away with it until next season but clearly i couldn't.

Knocked out of the FA cup in the 3rd round, lost to spurs in the league cup, my only highlight was winning the european treble, super cup, world club cup and the champions league. 

What annoys me most is that i scored 100 goals in the league, no way i should lose the league with that, but conceding 39 was my undoing. 

Sanchez deserved better too, getting 50 goals for me you'd think that he'd have a league winners medal to show for it. 

Reiss Nelson has been immense for me. In January of Season 2 , I decided I wanted to bring him back from loan. He performed all right in his 11 appearances

Now, midway through season 3, he looks like this:

c28c357ff2.png

He has really stepped it up this season, with 5 goals and 7 assists in 19 competitive appearances, and he's actually grabbed a starting position for himself across from Sanchez, displacing Pulisic.

The wings look set for years, between Nelson, Pulisic, Iwobi, and Reine-Adelaide. It's exciting times!.

21 hours ago, Liamgannon said:

disappointing 3rd season for me. Didn't manage to win the league for the 3rd time in a row, went down to the last game of the season away to watford, leading chelsea on GD and i somehow messed it up and drew 2-2. 

Was conceding silly goals in the last minutes of games all season so it eventually came back to bite me in the bum. My defence is getting old so monreal and kos will be replaced, thought i could get away with it until next season but clearly i couldn't.

Knocked out of the FA cup in the 3rd round, lost to spurs in the league cup, my only highlight was winning the european treble, super cup, world club cup and the champions league. 

What annoys me most is that i scored 100 goals in the league, no way i should lose the league with that, but conceding 39 was my undoing. 

Sanchez deserved better too, getting 50 goals for me you'd think that he'd have a league winners medal to show for it. 

Don't worry, your 4th season will be better!! I failed to win too, 4 seasons in a row, LOL. I think we're pulling the Wenger here; no trophy, no problem.

standings.jpg

1st season - we were champions with 3 games in hand. Also won CL.

2nd season - best attack in the league, but conceded 48 goals, LOL. But won Community Shield, Super Cup, Club World Cup, and the FA Cup.

3rd season - Utd was unreal with only 18 goals conceded! My standing in the league was absolute static. Won Community Shield.

4th season - nightmare. Scored the most, but the defence was still the problem. And Utd again with 17 goals conceded!! Won EFL Cup.

5th season - we were to be champions but then slipped in 36th and 37th match. Won no cups.

On 11/4/2016 at 10:56, lpcinder said:

Also started my Arsenal save. Haven't really sold anyone yet, but managed to sign jorge and Icardi. Icardi was a lucky case because he had a row with Frank De Boer, his coach. He was placed on the transfer list. So far I haven't been too successful. 

This happens in my saves, it seems. I played two Arsenal saves and he was transfer listed both games. 

22 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

Reiss Nelson has been immense for me. In January of Season 2 , I decided I wanted to bring him back from loan. He performed all right in his 11 appearances

Now, midway through season 3, he looks like this:

c28c357ff2.png

He has really stepped it up this season, with 5 goals and 7 assists in 19 competitive appearances, and he's actually grabbed a starting position for himself across from Sanchez, displacing Pulisic.

The wings look set for years, between Nelson, Pulisic, Iwobi, and Reine-Adelaide. It's exciting times!.

Yeah, Nelson is the heir apparent to Alexis this game (and maybe IRL, in addition to The Jeff and Iwobi). Check out Nelson's youtube highlights, though. Dude can ball.

On 1.12.2016 at 18:39, lomekian said:

So First season out the way...and its a quadruple!

Only data updates are one that returns Theo to his FM16 CA rather than the lower FM17 one and one that cancels every team's loans.

Basically I played a slightly adapted version of my final FM16 tactic, and it proved almost as effective in FM17. The crucial difference was playing Alexis up top as a Defensive forward. Despite less impressive returns from Iwobi and Ozil and Ramsey than in FM16, it was remarkably soild. My back up tactics are a rarely used 41221 and a 433 for overpowering weak opposition.

As ever rotation rotation rotation is the key, not only to keep fitness up, but to avoid serious injuries. Thankfully I only got the odd month here and there and no serious knee injuries or anything.

What is interesting is how you can get a mediocre player to have a great impact if you get their form up. I had the emergency selection of Chuba Akpom get me a hatrick at the Etihad in the ECL off the back of a couple of confidence boosting cup games against lower league oppostion, and he followed that up with a poacher's finish against the same opposition off the bench in the FA CUP final.

For the league season my record was extraordinary. The first half of the season was canter, destroying all opposition, but the second half saw lots of 1 goal victories, with the subs bench bailing me out several times. Giroud 4 or 5 times got winners off the bench in the last 5 mins.

My one big signing was crucial for this too.

Marco Asensio joined from Real Madrid (after a little unsettling work) for £25.5m and was BRILLIANT. 25 starts and 6 sub appearances, 17 goals and 12 assists from behind the front man or on the left wing, averaging 7.61, and because of his youth doesn't even count against squad limits. Can't recommend him enough. Dead ball expert too  - 8 of those goals were direct free kicks.

Asensio.png

tactic.png

tactic ti.png

vs Bayern ECL Final s sml1.png

league s1.png

That is a really impressive season there, well done! Would love to see more detailed stats from your Premiership performance. I'd also like to know more about your tactic, do you use any player instructions? 

I have never bungled a transfer so badly as I just did, losing Rugani to Sp*rs.

I had my contract offer accepted by him, but then I panicked because I saw Tottenham went in for him too. I had given him one pre-contract promise of being a first teamer. Then when I saw Tottenham bid I was worried they'd offer him Key Player status. So I foolishly withdrew my contract offer (couldn't just change the squad status since it was locked from the promise). I forgot though that he wouldn't want to enter back into talks because I withdrew. It was brutal just clicking continue and hoping that by some miracle I'd have enough time to reneogiate. It wasn't to be and he went to tottenham.

The January transfer window of season 3 for me was a mess. Barcelona spent the entirety of November and December doing the Barcelona thing of having all their players talk about how much they wanted to bring Bellerin to Camp Nou. It's at this point I knew there was no way I was going to keep him, especially after he talked to me and said he wanted to go. I told him it would require an acceptable offer, and we got up to 40 Million as the tipping point. I eventually sold him for 42.5 million, which I feel is pretty reasonable, although I wanted a bit more, and I also sold Xhaka to Real Madrid for 27 million. After Bellerin left, Sanchez complained about lack of depth in defense, which felt a bit silly to me, since I have a fantastic defensive record. However, the entire team agreed with him and started to get unhappy, even after my replacement purchase of Pedro Pereira. So I panicked a bit and brought in 3 other players on deadline day, between left back Wendell from Leverkusen, winger Vitolo from Real Madrid, and DM Bakayoko from Monaco. I was hoping to just get by with some of the youth, but I couldn't afford Sanchez to be unhappy and get the entire team unsettled.

Let's hope this works out, I'm pretty unhappy with that panic, but maybe it'll work out.

On 03/12/2016 at 21:44, BlueAnderson said:

Can anyone post a ss of Iwobi's stats in the near future for me? I.e. 3/4 years in the future.

Sorry for the delay dude but here is Alex Iwobi in 4th season. I sold him to Stoke for £26M and just look at the wages they are paying him! Crazy. 

Also, looks like he's been really unlucky with injuries since signing for them. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 13.04.33.png

I'm starting to really struggle for motivation with my Arsenal save. I'm just into my 3rd season, and while I've been really successful so far I'm not entirely happy. I'm not getting the kind of results I'd like from Ozil (or my AM in general) in that I'm not really getting the assists from there. The vast majority of my assists are coming from the wings or the full backs from crosses, which is a style of play I'm not particularly happy with. I'm now torn between starting again with a new tactic and new signings (allowing me to actually give Iwobi, Lucas, etc a proper chance) or just carrying on with what I'm doing at the moment. The reason I'm hesitant to start again is that I'm not great at tactics, at all. I've made one that is working for me and I'm not sure I'll be able to make another one that's half as good!

On 06/12/2016 at 10:13, tkaasa said:

That is a really impressive season there, well done! Would love to see more detailed stats from your Premiership performance. I'd also like to know more about your tactic, do you use any player instructions? 

Other than getting my Front line to all roam from position and getting my B2B midfielder to shoot and dribble less, I leave things as they are. Obviously, I'm open to change during a match. If I'm overrun in midfield I drop the AMC back to make a 41221 etc.

What other stats do you want to know?

2 hours ago, lomekian said:

Other than getting my Front line to all roam from position and getting my B2B midfielder to shoot and dribble less, I leave things as they are. Obviously, I'm open to change during a match. If I'm overrun in midfield I drop the AMC back to make a 41221 etc.

What other stats do you want to know?

Okay. With those results you had there it is tempting try a similar approach, thats for sure :)

I was thinking of the detailed stats from the league table, like how many goals you have conceded and how many you've scored during the season. Also, your resultsfrom your schedule would be great to see. Thats all, thanks a lot ;) 

Just had my first FM17 rage quit....away at Sunderland...Petr Cech twice in the first half slide tackles his own centre half with no-one within 15 yards to give Defoe two open goal tap ins.

People not marking or failing to play offside I can deal with. Game engine bugs meaning my players start king lumps out of each other when there is no danger? Screw that...

13 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

I had Brexit kick in just before my 4th season, man. As you can see on the screenie below, I've been lucky as no work permit rules are changing. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 11.26.29.png

Omg. At least WP rules stay the same. I'm at the start of my 7th season now, still no sign of Brexit, however Serbia, Montenegro, and Albania all join the EU at the end of 6th season aka 2022.

Btw, about the WP. I'm very frustrated with the rules. I signed Maximiliano Romero (16/17 - GBP 8.5m) and Gonzalo Maroni (17/18 - GBP - 3.4m) and had to set up affiliate for WP, sent them to Den Haag for full 5 years with the hope that they play well and have some caps, so that they can gain WP, but NO. They don't!! Just laid off Romero to Inter for GBP 10m, but no one wants Maroni.

I'm get to the point that I don't sign any player who fail to gain WP. If he fails to gain WP, I just cancel the deal. (But I still keep assigning my scouts to roam the world though.)

After I pull the Mr. Wenger, aka not winning the league for a long long time, I manage to lift the Prem trophy, finally.

prem2122champ.png

United just keeps messing around till the end!! We were tie on point, but had GD advantage. We travelled to Derby, which ended up 0-0. However, I was not get FMed this time, as United also drew Watford at their ground 1-1, i.e. Mourinho's crying.

Premier League_ Overview Stages-10.png

This is the squad that secured 90 pts to lift the trophy. I play with 4-2-3-1 Wide and 4-3-1-2 Narrow, Silva scores for fun. But I'm considering unlearn him the trait 'try to beat offside trap', it's so annoying because many chances we created were just wasted by the offsides.

Arsenal_ Players Players-4.png

I had this spanish DLP wonderkid I bought from Gijón in 19/20 for GBP 16.75m, but during the way to lift the trophy, Real Madrid came knocking the door and kept flirting with him. So he'd gone to Madrid in January for GBP 83m. With that money Madrid gave me, I then brought Lewis Cook to my squad from Bournemouth for GBP 52m, purely for the Home-grown spot in the squad, lol. He just moved to Bournemouth this season IRL.

Rodrigo Caio, I got him for free. He was out of contract with Santos in January. The name poped up in the news when January window starts, so I assigned my scout to keep the eye on him. His attributes are quite okay, and you can have a quality back-up CD for free. At the end of the season, he's worth GBP 24m. I was like, how did Santos not extend his contract!?!?

I finally finished my first season and what a great finale it was. I was first only on gameday 8 and then never ever touched the first spot until the last two games, where City draw a game and lost one so I could overtake em. We did finish in style on last day.

We also got kicked out of the CL in Group Stage in a fairly easy group but then at least won the EL. And in the FA Cup we beat Crystal Palace, who threw out United in the round before.

I feel like I never had such a nerve racking FM like this years.  Best buys I had was Martial in CF and Soler as DM.

Also Klopp, Conte, Koeman and Ranieri were all sacked. 

And I just sold Giroud for 56m € to PSG. 

20161208150638_1.jpg

20161208150844_1.jpg

20161208150909_1.jpg

1 hour ago, gholliday87 said:

Return from with twins, this is my first result...It is wrong that I'm annoyed we didn't get a clean sheet??

Nope! Haha. How has Henrichs been doing for you, dude? I've really struggled signing any Germans from the Bundesliga. 

I just finished my 4th season, a strange one, won the league, World Club Cup, Super Cup & Community Shield but felt like a disappointing one. To top it off José won the CL with Man Utd.

18 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

He's been solid, if unspectacular (avg rating 7.77)...His lack of fitness is a worry though, played 17 from a possible 20 games and I'm already been told to rest him!

I would consider that pretty spectacular, actually. I'm generally happy with averages at least 7.0. 7.77 is consistently very good performances.

Just finished season 3. It went ok.

Competitions:

26bf978fbc.png

As it turned out, my only two losses in the League were in Manchester, one to United and one to City. My attack was great, scoring 103 goals for the season. Defense was ok, giving up 33, but Man United only gave up 23. They just couldn't win enough, as it turned out. 

Sadly I went out to Real Madrid in the Champions League after a month-long injury to Sanchez. I snuck by Benfica without him, but couldn't get past Real.

Stats:

f2adea398b.png

Sanchez and Icardi were just on fire this season, with Rondon putting in some great performances as well. Sadly, Venezuela has fallen too far down the rankings, and I can't renew his contract due to Work Permit issues, so I'll have to find a replacement. I may actually play Asano as a backup, after he had a decent performance on loan with Besiktas this year. I also have a youngster who looks fantastic who I'll start to bleed in behind Icardi.

As you may notice, I've started to play Bennacer a bit in the first team. I recalled him from loan after I sold Xhaka, since he developed into a decent backup for both of the midfield positions I'm using. He performed significantly better than panic buy Bakayoko, who I intend to sell in the summer.

Transfers:

f7657a6eb5.jpg

Happy with some of this, not so happy with some of them.

1 hour ago, hasdgfas said:

I would consider that pretty spectacular, actually. I'm generally happy with averages at least 7.0. 7.77 is consistently very good performances.

Oh don't get me wrong, I've very happy with the average rating, I'm just saying unspectacular as he never steals the show, only has one POM in the 18, and that was in the FA cup

Sold André Silva as I think he has progressed as much as he can and didn't have a good 4th season. Stoke bought him for £40M, thats £66M I've had off them now. 

Toying with the idea of getting Roberto Firmino on a free.. IRL I like him. Has anyone had any luck with him? 

Reiss Nelson had a wicked loan at Ajax and is definitely ready for more first team action. 

3 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

How did it go down selling Bellerin?

I mentioned that in an earlier post. Barcelona were slobbering all over him publicly in the press, with all their top players saying how much they wanted him to come to Barcelona. Then he talked to me and said "hey, I want to go" and I said "only if they give a good enough offer". And then they did, sadly. I was hoping they wouldn't. Then I had a near-riot from the rest of the squad, and that's why I bought 3 players on Deadline Day, even after finding a replacement for Bellerin in Pedro Pereira. I didn't want to sell him, but he threatened to make the squad riot if I didn't, so I sold him and there was a riot anyway.

1 minute ago, WillyBroadband said:

Reiss Nelson had a wicked loan at Ajax and is definitely ready for more first team action.

He's definitely worth it, man. I started playing him halfway through my second season, and then you can see how he did in my third just above. Absolutely amazing.

24 minutes ago, hasdgfas said:

I mentioned that in an earlier post.

He's definitely worth it, man. I started playing him halfway through my second season, and then you can see how he did in my third just above. Absolutely amazing.

Of course man, I just realised that. 

On 07/12/2016 at 13:13, WillyBroadband said:

I know Gabriel Barbosa is a really obvious signing but I had never bought him before on any FM save until this year. He is great, I really like him. 

How is he doing? He's unsettled and I'm tempted to swoop in

7 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

As you can see, not the best overall average rating & on reflection I think I might have overpaid a bit. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 12.10.54.png

They say I can get him for around the same amount, but they are interested in Elneny, so I may try and do a deal

26 minutes ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

7 wins from 7 in the league. 19 scored, 0 conceded. Highlights are the 5-1 above vs Barcelona and 4-0 vs Chelsea.

Do you think the second formation plays close to the current Chelsea 3-4-3?? Pedro being Cesc and Hazard being Ozil playing  a bit further forward.

6 minutes ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Hmmm.. It's a similar formation but that's where the similarities end. Xhaka and Ramsey in comparison to Matic and Kante for example! :lol:

I get that :lol:

Meant for in terms of average position as such? Should have made that more clear. 

3 minutes ago, DBurns said:

I get that :lol:

Meant for in terms of average position as such? Should have made that more clear. 

It's a 3-4-3 variant so there are some similarities however I'm playing a very high-block and aggressive pressing. Quick and intense attacking, when we win the ball. Not really seen that from Chelsea.

6 hours ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Playing Cesc and Ozil together is a bit of fun. I've re-structured my entire team around them.

mL79lOU.png

Alternating with..

kojmcNl.png

Cesc's Champions League debut went well..

uVKzo3T.png

:lol:

Would love to read more about these tactics your using, currently using your 3-5-1-1 and 4-1-4-1 formations without Arsenal without good purpose :( 

Archived