What's your long-term FM17 save

On 03/11/2016 at 15:00, Ryuzakku said:

I haven't selected a team, but I'll likely pick a weaker League 1 side and try to win the champions league.

Likely team will be one of the following:

- Northampton Town 

- Oxford United

- Bristol Rovers

- AFC Wimbledon

- Shrewsbury Town

- Chesterfield

- Oldham Athletic

- Swindon Town

Chesterfield Would be good Small Club with not a lot going on then turn into Premier League/Champions League Winners!

My longest saves tend to start in the British & Irish leagues. I wonder if I can break my 18 Month itchy foot and resist a bigger job. I'm currently at Stirling Albion ( I accidentally started on Sunday League level which I never do a it's not a realistic starting level for almost any level of FM leagues). With National A badge. So long as there isn't any massive updates which require a restart. This could be the earliest edition I have started a long save as I cannot see any ''game breaking'' issues yet.

I find the Scottish Leagues an excellent grounding league to start a save. I always start Unemployed to keep the realism as close as possible. But the issue I have now is that once I embark on a new long save I never take that Club on twice in a an FM edition and Stirling Albion look the most enjoyable out of the current vacancies.

The MLS is at to high a level to be offered a First job so do not apply for them & for the life of me I cannot get my head around the Draft transfer allocation  & squad rules.(didn't Ruud Gullit quit because of it's complexities. And will FM introduce a in game guide to it?)

Just started my first save as Sunderland.

I like to have a little 5/6 season run with a premier league team to get used to the "feel" of a new Football Manager before I dive into a Doncaster Rovers or PAE Kerkyra save as my long term game.

17 hours ago, streety said:

I'm loving FM17 just started the Dafuge challange with Kettering Town

My home town!

I started off unemployed - just taken on the role at Royal White Star Bruxelles in the Belgium First Amateur Division.  Running on a shoe string budget!

I stated a usual unemployed manager, waiting to see who offers me a job first. It was Vard from the PostNord-ligaen (2. Divisjon) in Norway. So my goal will be to take them to the top. And eventually do well in Europe. See if I can get the league moved up into the top 12 so the league winner qualifies for the group stage.

• 5 weeks later...

Starting with Wallsend boys club in level 11 of the English tier (downloaded the add on) , to get to the prem is the dream although a fair few promotions will be required.

Currently trying to sign anyone who can run reasonably fast .

11 minutes ago, SWaRFeGa said:

Long-term aim is to take Crawley as far as I can, then maybe go back to Scandinavia for a top job. Fancy a go in Germany at some point too.

Capture.PNG

Very impressive save 

• 2 years later...

I am still playing no 40 season will kick off after a couple months. I manage 2 teams Real and recently appointed a new coach at Barca, it is so much fun to play classicos with all set pieces attacking n defending set to default as I play with same tactic. 3 Classicos CL final Barca won the last one against the odds with 3-1 victory over Real.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently just coming to the end of season 2036 at Kidderminster Harriers.

Rose up to the Championship in no time, took 3 years to get into the Premier League, 4 years of relagation battles, then midtable, Euro Cup and Champions League. Plenty of Domestic and Euro Cup success, but no Premier League as cant compete with Man City who regularly raid my star players.

Success built on signing young future stars. 4-3-3

Nice 30k stadium.

Still playing FMT17 and in the late 2030's.  My avatar looks quite good for my age at that time!!!!  With West Ham and have won 19 PL titles, 11 Champions Leagues, 18 Community Shields, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 10 World Club Cups and 8 Super Cups.  Have lost quite a few finals as well for good measure!!  Have twice done the clean sweep "Septuple" or whatever it's called and had a few years with England with a World Cup win and Euros win.  All with the same 4132 formation.  Hoping to retire if I can beat Man United's Premier League record of 21 wins as the quality players have dwindled and not sure if it was Brexit but I can't bring in youngsters anymore who haven't got a host of National appearances so can't get work permits so probably have my weakest squad in years.

Not sure what to do afterwards.  Might start a save again just trying with British based players or only under a certain value but am tempted to try FMT18 or go for FMT19 as wouldn't mind to find out how far the likes of Declan Rice can go as he isn't in 17.  At the same time I'm not sure if it worth upgrading?  Shame FMT doesn't have an Editor as I would have just added a couple of players and it would have helped considering it gets boring playing in the same kit for 20 years!!!!

Archived