FM2017: Kasper Dolberg - the Great Dane

Meet the latest wonderkid from the Ajax academy - Kasper Dolberg.

Ppa9a03.png

Dolberg is a technically gifted, fast and tall young striker with 5-star potential. Dolberg was spotted by long-term Ajax scout John Steen Olsen, who was also credited for uncovering talents such as Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

At the start of this Football Manager 2017, Dolberg is ready to fill in the gap left after Milik's big money move to Serie A.

Spoiler

Development after 12 months

ugAIpPP.png

After tutoring from Didier Drogba, Dolberg is now one of the few Perfectionists on the game.

Z7gl5lP.png

OLjitp6.png

Dolberg took his first team opportunity with both hands scoring 30 league goals and 54 goals in all competitions as well as providing 19 assists. His team work allowed him to play a False 9 role at the head of a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 spearheading a treble winning campaign and scoring the winner against Real Madrid in the Champions League Final.

Ub549ih.png

Disclaimer: playing as Ajax I have not actually had to sign Dolberg so I can't provide information on a transfer.

He was bought last year from Silkeborg in Denmark, He made 3 appearances for Silkeborg, few in Denmark had ever heard of him before Ajax snapped him up.

Last week IRL,  he was called up to the Danish national team for the first time.

Fun store about Ajax scout John Steen Olsen, Ajax first did not want to buy him, But John Steen Olsen told Ajax, if you dont buy him, you can fire me now.

• 2 weeks later...

so far he is my favourite player on the game, did a quick Ajax season - was going to be my long term save but I just don't watch enough dutch football anymore so don't know enough about the players and opposition. But I liked this guy and he was a goal machine. And with his versatility he is my new must have player.

Incidentally I also buy Drogba with whoever I manage, so he can create perfectionists. He won't reconsider retirement though so I only got one player tutored by him. I have him tutoring Gribbin in my Man Utd save at the moment, will see how that turns out...  Di Natale, Polombo and Jonathan Guzman are good tutors too.

2 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

Incidentally I also buy Drogba with whoever I manage, so he can create perfectionists. He won't reconsider retirement though so I only got one player tutored by him. I have him tutoring Gribbin in my Man Utd save at the moment, will see how that turns out...  Di Natale, Polombo and Jonathan Guzman are good tutors too.

Great minds.. I've brought in Cornelius as an understudy. He's 23 at the start so Drogba can tutor him until Perfectionist, then the following season he can start passing it on to the rest of the squad.

there are some whopping personality omissions in my current save... I have fairly low database. Have you found anyone; iron-willed, model citizen or born leader? Palombo is the only charismatic leader, Drogba the only perfectionist. I think Di Natale and Guzman were 'very professional' or 'model professional'. Good thinking, I should have trained a 23 yr old!! Gribbin won't be able to pass on the perfection until 6/7th season!  

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finishing season 2 with ajax, guy scored 34 goals season 1, and 23 season two (i sold alot of top players ie ziych klasson elghazi Veltman reildwald in favour to play the kids so season 2 was much more of a struggle) his value is now at 8m in game but non of the top top who will pay big bucks clubs are after him, Mid prem clubs want him ect!! recalled zivkoivic first season and the pair work so well together esp with dolberg getting so many assists 

I got him on my first trasfer window with Arsenal. I had him loaned out first season. Secon season he scored alot of goals and had many assists for me as a complete forward support. He was a rotation player. Third season he really shined, then I sold him to Bayern for over 30M pounds, with 15M in future fees

58a86fff3761c_Screenshot2017-02-1816_00_13.thumb.png.f41b4110a5554e75a27f71cf9e6845c6.png58a8706f06fb5_Screenshot2017-02-1816_03_31.thumb.png.dd6be8936cd138937bc6e3284c43e5e6.png

Just started my fifth season with AC Milan and as you can see he's had a weird trajectory thus far, If you can't get over 10 games for West Ham In a season you've got problems. He hasn't exactly set the world alight and with his finishing still 13 that of which he starts the game with I'd be wary. I can remember being offered him for like 15m like a season ago and I did need a third striker at the time, kind of glad I never went through with It. I can also remember his value being at 0ver 30m when he first signed for West Ham which Is plain ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing as Ajax and Jan transfer window 2nd season Liverpool have made a £41m bid for him.  Do I sell or risk upsetting him if I reject. He has been making noises about wanting to leave for a better league. 

He has been below par this season only scoring 5/6 goals but not sure I want rid of him as I would like to see how he develops but on the other hand £41m would be useful to strengthen the squad plus I have dembele arriving in the summer. 

Im 50/50 on this one 😖😖😖

Watford bought him in my game, and in the first season (which i'm still in, 8 games left). He's certainly a quality young talent but not a wonderkid imo. Wonderkids are given that title as they're predicted to become world class players. I remember Leo Messi back in FM 2007 described as a wonderkid and he had loads of attributes in the mid to high teens.

On 14/03/2017 at 04:13, cns180784 said:

Watford bought him in my game, and in the first season (which i'm still in, 8 games left). He's certainly a quality young talent but not a wonderkid imo. Wonderkids are given that title as they're predicted to become world class players. I remember Leo Messi back in FM 2007 described as a wonderkid and he had loads of attributes in the mid to high teens.

Surely you don't have to only be In Messi's class to be considered a wonderkid, I think any player who has way above average stats stats at a young age which Dolberg clearly does has to be considered a wonderkid.

4 hours ago, Kingkestrel said:

Surely you don't have to only be In Messi's class to be considered a wonderkid, I think any player who has way above average stats stats at a young age which Dolberg clearly does has to be considered a wonderkid.

He's got a PA range, too, so he's not going to be excellent every time--in my current save he's a decent mid-table PL striker but no more.  But in my previous save he won the Capocannoniere three times with Inter.  He also has an unfortunate tendency to get bought by teams that then don't play him enough to develop him.

If he is trained right and avoids too many big injuries he is certainly world class. For me, he played in Arsenal as a complete forward and provided alot of assists as well as goals. He actually performed almost as well as Dybala, who is one of the very bests in the game, in that role.

He is the exact definition of complete forward I think. In my save, he has simply rocked the Eredivisie then I have signed him for my side - Manchester City.

p.s. His profile is upgraded after the January transfer update - 17.3.0.

• 3 months later...

I've had fantastic results with Kasper in my latest 'fantasista' experiment. Used as a lone forward in the 'Trequartista' role and initially tutored by Drogba thanks to @Ö-zil to the Arsenal!'s suggestion, here's how he's fared/developed so far

Kasper in 2020

Spoiler

2150a95e0c360f87aa07c984b854198a.jpg

6dc35e172c5a67dab3a9d5585fd8e36e.png

he was injured for more than half of last season so he didn't play as much, but I find his ability fantastic for what I was looking for in that particular role. excellent player.

10 hours ago, jusinho9 said:

@LPQR

Wow, Dolberg has "fairly sporting" as a personality at the beginning, which is a quite bad personality. Did you tutor him with Drogba a couple of times?

happily, just one tutoring spell did the job. determination went through the roof and he adapted 'perfectionist' personality after that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived