[FM17] CFM Skin 2017 - v1.01D | v2.1D | v2.1L

pikawa94

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The player profile looks great. Media-handling would be an essential addition for me and I'd have PPMs in there somewhere too.

Personally I preferred the orientation of the original titlebar, but I also prefer the continue button in it's original spot... decisions, decisions...

This all looks really interesting and I can't wait to see your final vision realised in full.

Good job trying to do something fresh. Personally I prefer the Continue button on the left side like in the first picture. It never made much sense to me why is it on the far right side of the header, when it is far more convenient on the left. 

For the player profile screen try to include somewhere a line where it say if the player is out on loan or contracted to which club (when viewed though the national squad) under the picture.

I enjoyed your Evo Skin on FM16 and made some nice little personal tweaks. Looking forward to newer editions.

Thanks for feedback! I think that I will stick to the "right sided" version beacuse it's much easier to code everything...

Today I want to start working on skin so layout should be available to download this weekend. Every graphic is already done...

If anyone of You likes this layout and want it in FM16 - give me a call. It's almost done!

3 hours ago, pikawa94 said:

Yes and it's already done in FM17... :)

The design of the header/titlebar looks weird with the Continue button on the right. 

Would you please included option for left sided? I understand it will be extra work for you, but I'm sure I won't be the only one who would prefer it that way.

On 10/31/2016 at 18:46, D_LO_ said:

Lol I just can't play with the base skins anymore and the thought of having to 're-skin' was daunting enough for me to delay but the reality isn't too bad...  graphically there doesn't seem to be a big difference in FM17 (not familiar with previous Beta's so not sure how representative they are of the full release? I wouldn't imagine that graphically it would be much different though.. (can anyone confirm?)) The majority of graphics seem to cross over quite easily. From a quick look the team report (which has had a decent make-over) and inbox seem to have changed most in this respect after lack of 'cross-over' from my FM16 skin.

The panel folder has more subsidiaries now (i.e. 'player' for player overview related panels and 'generic' for titlebars, etc.) which will help most and make answering questions on here far easier but for those of us use to just sticking everything in the panel folder it requires some re-organising. Unsurprisingly some panels and coding are totally incompatible and crashes the system, that's happened A LOT lol. It does not like like my background selector (likely related just to my skin as Beta-Andromeda seems fine) I don't have access to everything yet though. 

Re-done the titlebar/action-bar area, nearly completed the player overview. A lot looks fine as it is but it's going to require a bit of work to update but not as daunting as I expected. 

Gonna start mine tomo, hopefully should only take a day or two looking at it. 

17 hours ago, yonko said:

The design of the header/titlebar looks weird with the Continue button on the right. 

Would you please included option for left sided? I understand it will be extra work for you, but I'm sure I won't be the only one who would prefer it that way.

I'll think about it beacuse like I said this one is problematic in coding and right now I haven't got any solutions in my head for that...

zyzoJhR.jpg

Like I said earlier whole layout is already done. It looks exactly like I want. Hope it's nice...

Got a small annoying bug... Maybe anyone of You got a solution for that...

Fn4oTtm.jpg

It happens right after skin reloading or game loading. Everything returns to normal after the entry to another tab...

If anyone is interested I can share my client object browser XML...

Looks good and very smooth in general.
Two things I don't like though:
1) On a player's profile, the only place I can have attribute analysis is instead of the attributes. I always like to have both but that isn't an option. Would like to have at least one of the boxes/panels where I could see it.
2) Match day inbetween-highlights panels are the same as the standard ones you get with the game. I wouldn't mind so much if I could at least customise what match stats are shown. A bonus would be to have an extra panel too, to make it 3 in total.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to criticise here. Always appreciate the work that goes into these things.
But would love to have these two options available.
I think the only skin available so far that has extra match-day panels is the Andromeda one but it is made for a different resolution and so I can't see all the panels properly.
I do much prefer your one.

@Earnie is God!, CFM Skin is in really early stage right now. My list with upcoming features is long as hell. I just need much more time to sort everything out. That's why it's just a v0.1 beacuse it's like a 10% of my plans (or even not 10...). Be patient my friend - You won't be dissappointed.

1) Noted. Already got a place for that.

2) In next update a lot of match features will be added (new match titlebar for example). My MIBH on lowest resolution should have at least 4+ panels up to 6+ on highest one.

Every feedback is always really appreciated. 

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate it's just the 1st version.
I really like almost everything about the skin. It looks really smooth, doesn't have any garish colours, the letters/fonts used are great, the background is spot on. With other skins I've tried so far, there's always been something about the look of it I didn't like but yours is great.

Looking forward to seeing further developments.

Gorgeous skin so far! I found on FM16, and the few released so far for FM17, that the skins people were making were just too cluttered and 'flashy' with way too many different colours and stuff for my taste.

I prefer a cleaner, simpler look and this skin absolutely nails it. Brilliant work @pikawa94 - can't wait for the updates!

The only thing I'd suggest from using it so far would be to ask if you can make the roles boxes underneath player shirts on the tactic screen a bit bigger? It's only a minor thing but I would personally find it very useful. Cheers.

This has potential to be great skin. Just don't overload it with panels like most of the skins are nowadays. I miss the simplicity and great design of older skins.

Only thing that bothers me so far is that the number of news items are not working, it's blank yellow until I click on it. Other than that it's good.

Still trying out different skins and kits/logo's etc on a test save before I start a monster LLM career - am loving the upgraded ME - very smooth. Your skin is the CHOSEN ONE at the moment @pikawa94 - like others here - clean & stylish - looking forward to that background selector issue being solved otherwise KUTGW :applause:

2 hours ago, pikawa94 said:

@Firehouse, I will try my best!

Yea, it's a known bug for me. I mentioned that before... Still looking for a solution but it looks like a bug caused by a sidebar placement under the titlebar... In FM16 everything works properly but here it won't... 

Would be nice if @michaeltmurrayuk can take a closer look on that! 

No idea we cannot really influence how the unread news number appears, you might be best raising the issue in the bugs forum incase there is an underlying bug with it. The other option is to manually delete your cache files as that can sometimes flush out any graphical errors, but if it is happening to everyone using the skin then it might not help.

On 07/11/2016 at 21:40, pikawa94 said:

2) In next update a lot of match features will be added (new match titlebar for example). My MIBH on lowest resolution should have at least 4+ panels up to 6+ on highest one.

When looking at my FM16 save, yours is the skin I was using actually.
The MIBH panels were simple but great:

378120_20161109113309_1.png

It's exactly what I want in the game, with the wider central panel showing all the info I need, the right side panel allowing plenty of customisation for all the match stats and the split left panel for whatever smaller bits of info I want.

KUTGW:thup:

On 11/9/2016 at 20:30, pikawa94 said:

New "club overview panel"...

7my33r3.jpg

Of course it works perfect on lower resolutions but with less amount of panels...

Updated version should be available probably on Saturday

Love the layout @pikawa94 - will update tonight - any idea how the background selector / crash problem is being resolved - all skins are having this problem I believe?

@pikawa94 The bug you have at the right side of the title bar is nothing to do with your XML structure, the problem is with your boxes/custom/interface/titlebar/paper3 graphic file, hope this helps.  I also have a suggestion for the skin: I believe it may look better if the Overview, Contract, Transfer, etc dropdown menus were centered on the bar. Just a thought.

Keep up the good work.

12 hours ago, pikawa94 said:

@bruntonpasty, still haven't found a fix to background selector...

@Obijon147, What bug You mean at the right side of a titlebar? 

@bluestillidie00, thanks man!

@pikawa94 Oh, sorry I have just realised you were referring to the number not appearing in the inbox icon, I just assumed the thick white line was a bug as it looks bad and out of place, so sorry about that :)

(also I meant left side, not right :/)

Archived