[FM17] CFM Skin 2017 - v1.01D | v2.1D | v2.1L

pikawa94

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, walkman said:

I'm sorry, but I can't find it...

That should be it above, You  can follow the guide backwards or forwards depending if you care going badges to kits, or kits to badges.  Any issues, jsut post a question we'll help you out. 

Just a suggestion. I think this skin would look nice with an "overlay" on the background to give it a more glossy/transparent look while making text a little bit easier to read and less of a contrast from the background. I believe this is as simple as adding a grey filter image somewhere in the panels, I know the Vitrex skin has it somewhere. If you don't like the look, maybe add it as an optional panel?

I really love the skin, just think this could make it even easier on the eyes. ;)

@tyler16, there is an overlay like this. Go to /panels/client_object and open client object browser.xml

hcaL1.jpg

Locate a line shown above and change that value to 0/10/20/.../80/90/100.

@vonreichsm, Would You like to change an appearance of that pitch also (to the one from match preview panel)? Give me a call and I will give You a file in the evening.

23 minutes ago, pikawa94 said:

@tyler16, there is an overlay like this. Go to /panels/client_object and open client object browser.xml

hcaL1.jpg

@vonreichsm, Would You like to change an appearance of that pitch also (to the one from match preview panel)? Give me a call and I will give You a file in the evening.

yes. that would be nice from you.

6 hours ago, pikawa94 said:

hcaL1.jpg

Silly me, I guess the one on Vitrex is just on a higher setting.

I should have known you were good enough at this to include an overlay.

:thup:

Anyone here missing the old Evo FM 2016 Skin layout? Don't worry...

t27yGM8.jpg

Massive thanks are going to @bluestillidie00. Just beacuse of him everyone can easily change a look to that old but still looking great Evo FM 2016 Skin layout! Of course with all FM 2017 and CFM Skin 2017 features! Keep an eye on CFM Skin 2017 - massive update is coming...

Bluestilldie00 - thanks again friend. You saved A LOT OF my time. 

On 27-12-2016 at 22:38, wkdsoul said:

That should be it above, You  can follow the guide backwards or forwards depending if you care going badges to kits, or kits to badges.  Any issues, jsut post a question we'll help you out. 

Thanks a lot, it worked!

CFM Skin 2017 is slowly getting better and better. Update will be released for sure this week features a lot of changes to the main panels like club overview panel and player overview panel (screens below), new alternative layouts and much more! Everything (as always) suitable for most of the popular resolutions (lower and higher ones) + zooms!

SYs4JBP.jpg 5ATWKiL.jpg 

DeYUTDB.jpg YOwkNLL.jpg

2 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

@wkdsoul

tactics icon with team info panel

Last line, i.e.    <widget class="team_button" id="team" size="small" colour="faded white" alignment="centre" auto_size="vertical" multiline="false" icon_enabled="false" mode="1"/>

Untitled.png

Cheers.  

We regret to inform you, Star LB was named in team of the week however he wont be available as his will be in "ANOTHER DIMENSION" for saturdays game...... :):) 

I really like the look of this skin. I read over in FM Scout that you are working on getting the skin to work on all resolutions and zoom levels, which is good news as I play on a MacBook pro with retina display so most of the skins that are created are for higher resolutions than a laptop.

On another note, I like the light skins. Are there any plans to create a light skin version of this? I wouldn't mind playing around trying to create a light version if all I have to do is copy the panels to the light base skin and maybe change the xml of the paper.png in the graphics folder.

@Alexpuk2002, yes I'm trying. For now everything should work perfect on all resolutions till 1920x1080px + all zooms. If You are using higher resolution zoom is must have to use CFM Skin properly. Of course everything will work but look of the panels can be... weird.

Yes, I'm planning a light version of CFM Skin. I'm also planning FM Touch version. I've got a lot of plans but... we'll see after the full release of dark CFM Skin. For now there is still a lot of to do and I'm not going to 'rush' to the v1.0.

32 minutes ago, pikawa94 said:

@Alexpuk2002, yes I'm trying. For now everything should work perfect on all resolutions till 1920x1080px + all zooms. If You are using higher resolution zoom is must have to use CFM Skin properly. Of course everything will work but look of the panels can be... weird.

Yes, I'm planning a light version of CFM Skin. I'm also planning FM Touch version. I've got a lot of plans but... we'll see after the full release of dark CFM Skin. For now there is still a lot of to do and I'm not going to 'rush' to the v1.0.

That's great news. I am looking forward to your 0.6 version that you are releasing, and definitely don't rush getting things done. It's better they are done right than rushing to get it out there.

Good news on the light skin, there seems to be a lot of dark skins and not many light skins available.

Keep up the good work

I really enjoy using this skin, and its almost exclusively being used on BusttheNet my YT channel. Nice work with the skin. I don't really nave the skills to make some edits to the skin, but I have noticed that in the tactical widget for the match day panels, the club logo appears over the description of the tactic. Most times that description can be really valuable especially when the AI goes Attacking/Defensive and Overload. Is it possible to move it to the right in the next update. Another suggestion I'd like to make is to add grid lines. Whenever the AI makes a change, these can be minute details, over a black background it's sometimes hard to see. ANd that is the reason why I almost hop back to Michaels mods, I just wish there was a way we could get grid lines to show in your widget.  

!Tactical Widget.jpg KUTGW!

@Rashidi, This widget shouldn't look like this. For sure I unfortunately merged some files and it looks like a panel from match both formations/match preview lineups. Thanks for reporting this! It will looks like that in v0.6:

TWlJTZ3.jpg

I'm glad that You like CFM Skin and You're using it on this channel. I don't know why I've never heard about this earlier - You're doing a great job right there. Already subscribed!

Last two screenshots from v0.6...

N8cPt8t.jpg

yOVpSMp.jpg

8 hours ago, pikawa94 said:

@Rashidi, This widget shouldn't look like this. For sure I unfortunately merged some files and it looks like a panel from match both formations/match preview lineups. Thanks for reporting this! It will looks like that in v0.6:

TWlJTZ3.jpg

I'm glad that You like CFM Skin and You're using it on this channel. I don't know why I've never heard about this earlier - You're doing a great job right there. Already subscribed!

Last two screenshots from v0.6...

N8cPt8t.jpg

yOVpSMp.jpg

I received a message once on Youtube, they said wow, you're using "our" skin. So I assumed it was you. Hmm..next time drop me a comment on any video and I will add you so that I know its you. 

@pikawa94 Really enjoying your skin, clean & sharp, and not cluttered. (I'm still installing your wee fix to hide the mains indicator on my laptop)

I previously had DNKs background pack installed, but have since removed it. Is the pitch background I now see an addition on v6 or was it there previously? I seem to recall v5 had a plain background. Can I remove it?

Also, I have a preferred background picture for the home screen, but old age must be kicking in, I can't remember where that file should be located. Is it modifiable in your skin?

Thanks

20 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

C:\Users\your name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\skins\CFM Skin 2017 v0.6\graphics\backgrounds

Name your preference 'default' for default background pic. for all screens. 

Not sure you're alluding to this also necessarily but just to cover all bases as you mention home, you can have a separate home background pic too which goes: C:\Users\your name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\skins\skin name\graphics\pictures\backgrounds\player. You will also need an associated config (as one is present within the andromeda skin I'd suggest it's easier to just obtain it from that skin, likewise you will need to create the relevant folders if not already present, again obtainable from this skin) If you use this example the picture is named 'none'. When used with a background pack this image replaces the one assigned on the home pages and potentially one or two other screens from memory. I'm not sure how this interacts without the background pack but presumably the principle is the same.

Ignore whatever is irrelevant to your needs. 

edit - it acts as a background for the inbox/news/social pages too.

@D_LO_

Got the default pic, renaming it (or deleting it) just gets me another background, a pitch with a bit of a touchline lower right. I'll go hunt for a skin with a plain background and copy that 'default' pic

By 'home screen' I meant the start screen. The background it currently shows has a stand, pitch and tunnel. The picture 'none' in the CFM folder looks like a 'real' picture of the Amsterdam Arena. Also I don't have a '\graphics\pictures\backgrounds\player' folder, 'Pictures' has kits, players and stadiums folders in it.

@DarklnkCL, have fun!

@wkdsoul, I'm spending a lot of time trying to design a good-looking, functional, useful for everybody (I mean resolution) and clean panel so glad to hear that You like my work! Anyways right now I'm happy with only few current v0.6 panels (player and club overview panel, match preview panel, match overview panel, home panel and fixture panel. The rest will be reworked for sure...). 

11 minutes ago, pikawa94 said:

@DarklnkCL, have fun!

@wkdsoul, I'm spending a lot of time trying to design a good-looking, functional, useful for everybody (I mean resolution) and clean panel so glad to hear that You like my work! Anyways right now I'm happy with only few current v0.6 panels (player and club overview panel, match preview panel, match overview panel, home panel and fixture panel. The rest will be reworked for sure...). 

Tinkering with skin, its trap you fall into and rarely get out off :lol :) 

11 minutes ago, pikawa94 said:

@wkdsoul, for now I enjoy skinning more than playing a career in FM... lol. I didn't even play a single season. Am I weird? ;)

@Boothy0910, have fun friend! If You've got more question ask here or PM me - for sure You will get what You want!

I only started a game yesterday, i had the BETA lol

@JohnShepard, where You unzip those files? You should put the "CFM Skin 2017 v0.6 Alternative" folder from MODS in /skins folder (same destination as the main skin). Alternative version won't work without the main skin so keep them both in /skins. After that You should be able to pick this skin from dropdown menu in preferences. Do not merge that files. Give me a call if that works.

Match titlebar makes a lot of troubles for me this year... I'm still struggling with it beacuse I don't really like the current look and I think that I'm going to change it to this one:

c0Lv3Y3.jpg

7zFqXmp.jpg

Simplier but at least is not that big and fits much more especially on lower resolutions...

16 hours ago, pikawa94 said:

Match titlebar makes a lot of troubles for me this year... I'm still struggling with it beacuse I don't really like the current look and I think that I'm going to change it to this one:

c0Lv3Y3.jpg

7zFqXmp.jpg

Simplier but at least is not that big and fits much more especially on lower resolutions...

Looks good but it may look better if you centre the teams and score instead of having them to the left. And also move the menu that is currently at the right next to Man Utd in your screenshots to maybe the left after the competition logo. Just an idea to make it look a bit neater.

@Alexpuk2002, I gave that scoreboard last chance today. Inspired by LCD Emil Debski and his Vitrex scoreboard I made our CFM Skin 2017 brand new scoreboard which looks... quite nice imo. ;)

rUV.png

rUz.png

Of course it works well on any resolution You guys using. Hope it was worth to spend a god damn 4 or even 5 days on that scoreboard only (I tried almost everything...). :) lol

Archived