Chivas/Athletic-style policy in editor?

IsthmianCorinthian14

Anybody know if it is possible this year to apply transfer policies like Chivas and Athletic have?

I know, that the Athletic Club policy with only players from one region will not be possible, in another country through the editor, as regional nationalities are unique for the basque club - as far as I know and understand.

But what about making a policy more like Chivas, with only national players?

I would love to make an edit for a club, to only be able to sign national players.

I know you can set your scouts to only scout such players, and force yourself to do it in that way.

But would be an interesting thing to make it in editor.

Btw - I have not checked, since like a year ago, if Chivas still got this policy. But I guess they have.

23 minutes ago, SRKI said:

This should do the trick

fmeditor slika.jpg

Thats for the whole league not just one particular club but I guess thats as close as you can get to having that rule

9 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Actually it does work. If you look closely you'll see Ajax on the right.

Genius work round. :)  Gonna give this rule to some canadian teams in my usa database and see if it works with the team based in another country.

8 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Actually it does work. If you look closely you'll see Ajax on the right.

I didn't see that the first time which was my mistake.

1 hour ago, ajj2410 said:

I didn't see that the first time which was my mistake.

I figured so. ;)

I always use these options to create more realism in the game, I always give clubs that give own youth a chance the "home-grown player rule" that way you can force the AI to use their own youth players.

This workaround is brilliant!!

Been trying to do a San Marino save for so long, using only San Marinese players, and this will really help. 

Any side effects to this? 

Do you still get offered the odd 32 year old brazilian?

• 1 month later...

And will it give the possibility to buy a foreign player, if needed?

There are only a few teams that have no-foreigner-policiies and lot's of teams that prefer youth and domestic players, but do sign others, if the youth/domestic players ain't good enough.

10 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

And will it give the possibility to buy a foreign player, if needed?

There are only a few teams that have no-foreigner-policiies and lot's of teams that prefer youth and domestic players, but do sign others, if the youth/domestic players ain't good enough.

Just trying SRKI;s suggestion now, will let you know at the end of the first windows

1 hour ago, IsthmianCorinthian14 said:

I totally forgot all about I started this thread.

I will stay tuned about this.

Might wanna try it out myself, if it works.

It works but you have to  add it to the squad selection rules for each division they could possibly be in (unless i'm an idiot lol).

You can see in the 2 screenshots the rules are there for the club i want (Puerto Rico), but it looks as though.  'Nation count against the numbers in the squad selection, in this case American. (i chose the Same nation option as in the suggestion above) rather than the based nation of the club.

Puerto Rico FC_ Registration Senior Squad.pngRayo Oklahoma City_ Registration Senior Squad.png

I'll keep trying.

Thanks for trying it out.

I am not so advanced with the editor yet, so will try and learn.

Wondering if it is a too big feature suggestion for SI, to suggest making a 'cantera' function in the editor.

Personally i would most likely use it.

They have added this national transfer policy to Gibraltar United this year too.

So we have Athletic Club, Chivas and the above mentioned examples, as far as I am aware..?

15 hours ago, Yespy13 said:

But it wouldn't be possible to do this Athletic style, right? Just with players from a certain local region.

Not set like the above it isnt, you can only specify player from nation, not region.  The game seems to pick the nation based on the one the division the team plays in, rather than the one the team is based in.

Maybe you could try adding a new nation (unlock in database ui files using xml), give the club that new nation and then in that nation edit transfer preferences (-1 for no transfers at all, but only takes first nationality into account), maybe get some work permits going to try to achieve this kind of rules?

• 10 months later...

So for clarity, if I wanted Edinburgh City to only use national players from Scotland, SRKI's workaround would work as it's based on the nation and league played in being the same.

Bu it can't work for say, Toronto FC because they play in the MLS, not exclusively Canadian leagues?

• 1 year later...

It is funny i had this idea of doing this and as soon as you have a little look on the net is always people who have already done it which is great lol this works fine until it has a little problem of the "takes 2nd nationality" at least in england anyway, for example united & city, i am doing this with united, have both got quite a few players who have been in england for enough years and they all take the 2nd nationality and suddenly it's pretty much ruined the whole point of this experiment, eg i have got valencia, rojo, lukaku, pereira, matic, herrera, de gea, sanchez all taken 2nd nationality to help with the no foreign registration, is any way to prevent them from doing this?

21 hours ago, Robbo4891 said:

It is funny i had this idea of doing this and as soon as you have a little look on the net is always people who have already done it which is great lol this works fine until it has a little problem of the "takes 2nd nationality" at least in england anyway, for example united & city, i am doing this with united, have both got quite a few players who have been in england for enough years and they all take the 2nd nationality and suddenly it's pretty much ruined the whole point of this experiment, eg i have got valencia, rojo, lukaku, pereira, matic, herrera, de gea, sanchez all taken 2nd nationality to help with the no foreign registration, is any way to prevent them from doing this?

You could probably set the time needed to become English to 99 years or similar. This is done via the Nation tab in the editor. 

3 hours ago, Fredrik said:

You could probably set the time needed to become English to 99 years or similar. This is done via the Nation tab in the editor. 

Ahhh that could work i will give it a go, but i have found another way of working around it and i have set match day rules so clubs have to have all 18 players in match day squad to be trained in nation for 3 years ages 0-21, it working quite well and making things very interesting .

Archived