[SUGGESTION] Real agents

Weston

Is there a reason why the agents are not correct in the game? Is it a licensing issue? After how dramatic, say, the Pogba transfer was because of Raiola, it's becoming an increasingly important part of the game to be able to recognize and respond to. Juventini like myself, for example, are now keeping a wary eye on one of our other prospects, Moise Kean, as he is with Raiola as well. With random names providing agency and an inconsistency involved with them (even though Pogba and Kean's agents have different names, they are not even the same different name, so it's not like they just changed the name, it's completely random) it's hard to have any real understanding in this area without taking the time to familiarize oneself with the newgens and also memorize them all...

Wouldn't like the idea of FM giving visibility to someone like raiola even if it was for free. If they had to pay - with customers money, including mine - then I'd absolutely hate it. I'm satisfied with regen agents, I already hate them enough.

Just now, kandersson said:

Wouldn't like the idea of FM giving visibility to someone like raiola even if it was for free. If they had to pay - with customer's money, including mine - then I'd absolutely hate it. I'm satisfied with regen agents, I already hate them enough.

It's not really a question of whether or not we like the agents, though, it's more a question of realism. I don't like Ibrahimovic yet he still exists, unfortunately.

29 minutes ago, ajj2410 said:

I think it would be licensing issues most likely 

I'm curious though as to how FM manages to have the rights to 99.9% of the players' names, but not a single (that I've seen) agent?

1 minute ago, Weston said:

It's not really a question of whether or not we like the agents, though, it's more a question of realism. I don't like Ibrahimovic yet he still exists, unfortunately.

We don't have real journalists or real press officers or all the real people that gravitate around football. I don't think we need all of them, agents already have a role to play in the game with their personalities and relationships with managers. Don't feel the need of paying to have their license, I'd rather pay for real logos of a third tier club in Turkmenistan tbh.

2 minutes ago, kandersson said:

We don't have real journalists or real press officers or all the real people that gravitate around football. I don't think we need all of them, agents already have a role to play in the game with their personalities and relationships with managers. Don't feel the need of paying to have their license, I'd rather pay for real logos of a third tier club in Turkmenistan tbh.

But they could at least make the non-licensed placeholders consistent, you know? Like if Pogba and Kean share an agent it doesn't have to be named Raiola, it could be a fake replacement name à la Mutu > Murgu and Baggio > Lon Barron. But I think there are definitely implications of players sharing agents that are not accurately represented in the game because of these inaccuracies. In any case agents are much more crucial to the experience than journalists are.

45 minutes ago, Weston said:

I'm curious though as to how FM manages to have the rights to 99.9% of the players' names, but not a single (that I've seen) agent?

Maybe because real players names are alot more vital to the game than having the agents real names?

5 hours ago, ajj2410 said:

Maybe because real players names are alot more vital to the game than having the agents real names?

Well clearly but my point is it must not be that difficult to manage, then

2 minutes ago, Weston said:

Well clearly but my point is it must not be that difficult to manage, then

It might not be too difficult but it's probably the licensing costs SI will give the agents. SI most likely would rather invest in a more essential part of the game instead of the agents real names 

My point remains:

6 hours ago, Weston said:

But they could at least make the non-licensed placeholders consistent, you know? Like if Pogba and Kean share an agent it doesn't have to be named Raiola, it could be a fake replacement name à la Mutu > Murgu and Baggio > Lon Barron.

• 1 month later...

Archived