FM17: Liverpool FC - Heavy Metal Football

cezar.sl

7 hours ago, mninyo said:

How to get the best out of Coutinho ? I struggle with him

I play him as AML

Is he best as a IF or AP?

3 hours ago, DKB said:

I play him as an Shadow Striker in 13(2) games this season he has 10 goals, doesn't have any assists so far, but with him goals I forgive him

I play him AML-Inside Forward on Support duty, but I've set his specific player instructions to Shoot Less Often, Close Down More, Get Further Forward, Roam From Position, Cross Aim Centre and his passing directness is Mixed. He had a really poor first season, but kicked on in the 2nd and 3rd.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the things that is quite frustrating is the number of goals from crosses.  Where the ball is floated into the near post and the attacker gets in front of the defender, now I have this happen for and against me, but it just seems to happen far too often that the defender is just casually walking back and the attacker nips in front and 9 times out of 10 scores a goal.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Coming to the end of my 4th season and you could say that LFC and Spurs are dominating.

We played each other in the League Cup final, LFC won.  We have each other in the FA Cup Final, LFC are 1st and Spurs are 2nd in league, and we are both in the SF of Champions League, and could potentially play each other in the Final of that too :-)

Had to start AGAIN!!

Was 5 seasons in, signed lots of free players and so forth but then realized I was so far over my wages I failed FFP, I could not sell the players I needed to and decided to quit and start over.

INS

Donnarumma
Melegoni
Goldaniga
Bonglovanni
Bernadeschi

No outs.

I signed 4 Italians and a Belgium guy, lol.

Beat Leicester 0-5 in first game, Bernadeschi the star.

Season 2017/2018 competition rundown

EPL: Finished 2nd

League Cup: 2-1 Winners against Man U, reserves to us to the final, first team won the silverware 

FA Cup: Reserves knocked out by Burnley in their first FA cup game :-( they could have used more game time

CL: Reserves knocked out by Atl Madrid in the Qtr finals

Lost the title in the xmas/New year games, went into them 1 point ahead of both Arsenal and Chelsea, came out 7 points after Arsenal, lost 2-1 away to Arsenal, drew 2-2 at home to Man U, and lost 1-0 away to West Ham. And with Giroud hitting hat-tricks in just about every game from the new year to the end of the season, it was impossible to catch up with them 

With us trying to catch Arsenal I really couldn't use my first 11 in the CL, so the reserves got a beating in Madrid, so no real point in trying to reverse the result in the return leg

Only have newgens that are brought in for the future lined up so far in the summer

Just hitting the start of December in season 2. I'm sitting top of the league after 14 games with 34 points, 2 clear of Chelsea and 7 clear of Man Utd and Arsenal. 

Im top of my Euro cup group by 8 points with 5 games played.

Knocked out of the league cup in round 4 by Arsenal.

Looking to hopefully offload some players that have no future with the club when January rolls around.

Vietto has been my standout signing really, getting important goals for me and generally helping my attack look at lot more dangerous than in the previous season. Adam Lallana has been a star performer for me for the majority of both seasons so far as has Mane who is unfortunately now out for 3-4 months with a broken foot. 

Alexander-Arnold and Woodburn have both been developing quite nicely for me and have been getting a decent amount of game time. Woodburn got 8 goals in season 1 and has 2 so far this season. 

Hopefully the rest of the season will go smoothly and my form doesn't drop off. 

April Season 2 in my save. Been neck and neck all season with Spurs for the title. Got Spurs in the Champs League Qtr finals too.

Origi leading the goals, Coutinho leading assists. Shout outs to Sabitzer, Schick and Lallana who have all had good seasons so far though.

Also, already signed Josh Tymon to come in next season. Not sure he'll be first choice but he looks amazing.

Lads, need some advice.

I've just signed this lad from Gremio, but I want him to play as an AMR. I've been re-training him since January but he doesn't seem to have made any progress at all. Has anyone ever seen a position re-training take this long? Is it going to end up being a bit of a lost cause?

58e7d4dbecacc_TomasCampos_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.a1c346e0f08628a8ccce928e69cfe9af.png

1 hour ago, tomthered said:

Lads, need some advice.

I've just signed this lad from Gremio, but I want him to play as an AMR. I've been re-training him since January but he doesn't seem to have made any progress at all. Has anyone ever seen a position re-training take this long? Is it going to end up being a bit of a lost cause?

58e7d4dbecacc_TomasCampos_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.a1c346e0f08628a8ccce928e69cfe9af.png

Are you training him as AMR Winger or Inside Forward? Might struggle as he is left foot only, maybe train his weaker foot first? Although like ryan045 says, he should make a great AMR-IF

Just now, Guerrier_ said:

Are you training him as AMR Winger or Inside Forward? Might struggle as he is left foot only, maybe train his weaker foot first? Although like ryan045 says, he should make a great AMR-IF

Yeah, going for IF. Rotating him with Riyad Mahrez

TBF he's absolutely killing it at the moment, even though he's (apparently) not very effective in that position.

What do you guys do when a player wants an improved contract just one year after signing a new contract?

I've had it happen a few times quite recently, normally I just say no as they have 3/4 years to run on the current contract.

4 hours ago, Plastic_Road said:

What do you guys do when a player wants an improved contract just one year after signing a new contract?

I've had it happen a few times quite recently, normally I just say no as they have 3/4 years to run on the current contract.

If it's because a team is interested I just say forget about it until an actual offer comes in, seems to work, risky though if an offer does come in. Otherwise I get my captain to speak to the player and that often resolves the issue.

On 4/9/2017 at 14:47, Guerrier_ said:

If it's because a team is interested I just say forget about it until an actual offer comes in, seems to work, risky though if an offer does come in. Otherwise I get my captain to speak to the player and that often resolves the issue.

In this instance no, its due to having played a couple of international games

Hello all, I've been reading this thread throughout the past few months and recently decided to finally bite the bullet and make a Liverpool save.

I'm currently halfway through the season and sitting in 2nd place in the league after 20 matches but was however eliminated from the EFL Cup against Arsenal in the Quarter-Finals. So far I've been utilising a 4-2-3-1 variant which has brought the best out of Coutinho and FIrmino while remaining sound at the back.

Tactic 1.png

I decided to try not to sign too many players due to the comments I've seen about failing FFP but have however signed Marvin Plattenhardt (£9m) and Nemanja Radoja (£8.5m) with Angel Correa (£17.5m) recently arriving at the start of the January transfer window. So far only Adam Bogdan has left the club, moving to Lyon for a fee of £1.5m, Daniel Sturridge was subject to an accepted £30m bid from PSG but the personal terms were never agreed.

Squad.png

The goals so far are very spread out throughout my squad with FIrmino leading the line with 10.

Really enjoying the save so far, I also have a blog I posted about the first-half of the season which you can find here

I'll keep you updated on how things go. :) 

Well finally I had done it, the koppites had gone and won it, with Kingsley Coman clucking all the while...Ruben Neves' tragic injury made us cry...

58ede4724db19_ScreenShot2017-04-12at09_24_49.thumb.png.ad17a664d96f0831987230571c91eea5.png

Premier League Champions 2017/18

FA Cup Winners 2017/18

58ede546c4159_finalleaguetable.thumb.png.bf7d9d827c38d6196bed5a3450106a50.png

Regarding that FA Cup Final against United (see below): It's worth mentioning that I'd also dominated United in the away league match but drew it 2-2 due to Martial's virtuoso performance, on this occasion however only De Gea stood in my way and he single-handedly took this game to extra-time. After that they suffered an injury to Rasford and he was removed from the field, they also had Mallo sent off for a horror tackle too - they should throw the book at him for that, disgrace! It as like watching defence vs' attack in training during extra-time.

58ede7b91da2b_Cupfinalstats.thumb.png.c622b89173d210c264adfda2cb1e9a8d.png

It was came right down the final day with us needing a win at home to Leicester and Arsenal needing to beat Bournemouth away by more than 2 goals (if we lost - which we did not, we won 3-1 capped off by a wonder goal from Milner from at least 30 yards out, arrowed into the opposite top corner, meanwhile all Arsenal could muster was a 2-1 away win).

We did have a hell of run in all competitions midway through the season, unbeaten in 13 games, winning 11 of them on the bounce:

58edea1897458_fixturesrun.thumb.png.18d0e88fa251520f2ad2ed11875633b0.png

The obvious superstar player - after he'd taken his time to settle into the new team, new culture and learn the language was of course Kingsley Coman, my £31.5m signing from Juventus. But the player who exceeded all expectations, and was only really brought in to cover for Mane (and then Coman) when they were unavailable, was Serge Gnabry, bought for £17m and now worth £33m:

58ede7210018c_Comancontributions.thumb.png.4d8ad7b666508d93612e06d640fef600.png

58ede734d62cc_Endofseasonclubawards.thumb.png.9e8896b2ff4b2d2a02ae57b83fe6bf35.png

That midfield trio is set to be my engine room for the best part of 10 years, and I have Grujic knocking on the door with his penchant for long-distance screamers.

Another success story is the long-awaited integration into the team of Luciano Vietto, it took him a few months to adapt to the way we play, and his CF-Su role, but once he clicked he was a machine up top with Coman whipping in low crosses for him to convert. Firmino had to settle for a watching brief, but he didn't complain, he probably knew deep down he was a clear 2nd choice for me.

We had limited success at the back due to high pressing game we deploy, but Donnarumma will be in nets for us for the next decade if I have anything to do with it.

For the record: I was knocked out by PSG in the Champions League at the 1st Knockout Round (won 3-0 at Anfield, lost 4-0 away after extra time, but they blew me off the park to be fair)

I have no idea who I intend to bring in during the summer - I have £136m in the bank before the new budgets are announced - but I think I'll invest in some quality English U21 players to bring through, I'm slightly old-school in that I prefer to have a core of English players with 2-3 superstars from faraway lands. Perhaps a better defensive-minded alternative to M'Vila...

58ede98aa61d9_Donnarummacontributions.thumb.png.9949e456185983aa0ed1ee7fdadc4a57.png

Here are a couple of tactical & squad overview screens:

58edea509f76b_squadoverview.thumb.png.391e257e7f90f31826bb2f6d99888269.png

After learning that what we see here is our defensive formation, I moved the 2 wingers back so they could run into the space and provide at least some cover for the full-backs:

58edea5793590_tacticsoverview.thumb.png.23849f012567f2783a6f95599da19f67.png

Team Instructions - I only tweaked this a few times if it was obvious from the first couple of highlights that it wasn't working:

58edea5ca3c39_teaminstructions.thumb.png.eb5a4f6c4398d6567ebc3b42f06fbfcf.png

End of Season player stats for the Prem:

58edea66044bb_playerstats.thumb.png.7557d006e19cff49cd6768c3e20fb6ba.png

Only Clyne & Coman getting into the Team of the Season was a scandal, but I think Neves' 3 month lay off due to a serious leg injury curtailed his chances, and Romagnoli was a January purchase and so didn't really have the games under his belt either.

58edea6a370ad_teamoftheseasonstats.thumb.png.0a418a519b361025005af7009377fdb1.png

A bit random, but does anyone know why we pay Newcastle £1m when we win the league?

58ede8c3cf48d_newcastle1mbonus.thumb.png.1ee8eb3c4e028094451c40aae5f750e9.png

1 hour ago, rich10 said:

Well finally I had done it, the koppites had gone and won it, with Kingsley Coman clucking all the while...Ruben Neves' tragic injury made us cry...

58ede4724db19_ScreenShot2017-04-12at09_24_49.thumb.png.ad17a664d96f0831987230571c91eea5.png

Premier League Champions 2017/18

FA Cup Winners 2017/18

58ede546c4159_finalleaguetable.thumb.png.bf7d9d827c38d6196bed5a3450106a50.png

Regarding that FA Cup Final against United (see below): It's worth mentioning that I'd also dominated United in the away league match but drew it 2-2 due to Martial's virtuoso performance, on this occasion however only De Gea stood in my way and he single-handedly took this game to extra-time. After that they suffered an injury to Rasford and he was removed from the field, they also had Mallo sent off for a horror tackle too - they should throw the book at him for that, disgrace! It as like watching defence vs' attack in training during extra-time.

58ede7b91da2b_Cupfinalstats.thumb.png.c622b89173d210c264adfda2cb1e9a8d.png

It was came right down the final day with us needing a win at home to Leicester and Arsenal needing to beat Bournemouth away by more than 2 goals (if we lost - which we did not, we won 3-1 capped off by a wonder goal from Milner from at least 30 yards out, arrowed into the opposite top corner, meanwhile all Arsenal could muster was a 2-1 away win).

We did have a hell of run in all competitions midway through the season, unbeaten in 13 games, winning 11 of them on the bounce:

58edea1897458_fixturesrun.thumb.png.18d0e88fa251520f2ad2ed11875633b0.png

The obvious superstar player - after he'd taken his time to settle into the new team, new culture and learn the language was of course Kingsley Coman, my £31.5m signing from Juventus. But the player who exceeded all expectations, and was only really brought in to cover for Mane (and then Coman) when they were unavailable, was Serge Gnabry, bought for £17m and now worth £33m:

58ede7210018c_Comancontributions.thumb.png.4d8ad7b666508d93612e06d640fef600.png

58ede734d62cc_Endofseasonclubawards.thumb.png.9e8896b2ff4b2d2a02ae57b83fe6bf35.png

That midfield trio is set to be my engine room for the best part of 10 years, and I have Grujic knocking on the door with his penchant for long-distance screamers.

Another success story is the long-awaited integration into the team of Luciano Vietto, it took him a few months to adapt to the way we play, and his CF-Su role, but once he clicked he was a machine up top with Coman whipping in low crosses for him to convert. Firmino had to settle for a watching brief, but he didn't complain, he probably knew deep down he was a clear 2nd choice for me.

We had limited success at the back due to high pressing game we deploy, but Donnarumma will be in nets for us for the next decade if I have anything to do with it.

For the record: I was knocked out by PSG in the Champions League at the 1st Knockout Round (won 3-0 at Anfield, lost 4-0 away after extra time, but they blew me off the park to be fair)

I have no idea who I intend to bring in during the summer - I have £136m in the bank before the new budgets are announced - but I think I'll invest in some quality English U21 players to bring through, I'm slightly old-school in that I prefer to have a core of English players with 2-3 superstars from faraway lands. Perhaps a better defensive-minded alternative to M'Vila...

58ede98aa61d9_Donnarummacontributions.thumb.png.9949e456185983aa0ed1ee7fdadc4a57.png

Here are a couple of tactical & squad overview screens:

58edea509f76b_squadoverview.thumb.png.391e257e7f90f31826bb2f6d99888269.png

After learning that what we see here is our defensive formation, I moved the 2 wingers back so they could run into the space and provide at least some cover for the full-backs:

58edea5793590_tacticsoverview.thumb.png.23849f012567f2783a6f95599da19f67.png

Team Instructions - I only tweaked this a few times if it was obvious from the first couple of highlights that it wasn't working:

58edea5ca3c39_teaminstructions.thumb.png.eb5a4f6c4398d6567ebc3b42f06fbfcf.png

End of Season player stats for the Prem:

58edea66044bb_playerstats.thumb.png.7557d006e19cff49cd6768c3e20fb6ba.png

Only Clyne & Coman getting into the Team of the Season was a scandal, but I think Neves' 3 month lay off due to a serious leg injury curtailed his chances, and Romagnoli was a January purchase and so didn't really have the games under his belt either.

58edea6a370ad_teamoftheseasonstats.thumb.png.0a418a519b361025005af7009377fdb1.png

A bit random, but does anyone know why we pay Newcastle £1m when we win the league?

58ede8c3cf48d_newcastle1mbonus.thumb.png.1ee8eb3c4e028094451c40aae5f750e9.png

Probably is Wijnie's transfer deal.

I have to say, I'm not sure I understand why this player is complaining.

He's saying that there is a lack of depth in attack, but if I were to buy other players that could potentially take his place, then he'd be complaining about not playing, talk about wanting your cake and eating it!

I could understand if there was too much competition for places.

silvaunhappy.png

On April 9, 2017 at 02:09, Plastic_Road said:

I tell them they have plenty of time left on their current contract.

On April 7, 2017 at 11:09, tomthered said:

Lads, need some advice.

On April 7, 2017 at 12:34, ryan045 said:

Keep at it, some players take a little longer due to adaptability. Looks like he could be a great left footed inside forward for you

Adaptability is not the important attribute when retraining a player. It's versatility.

The footedness also is irrelevant to the role/position training.

Just train the player as AMR and play him in that position. If he has a decent versatility attribute, he will change. But he has high enough decision attribute to play successfully out of position anyway.

Coming into January of season 2 and I'm on the hunt for a pacey forward that is capable of playing the false 9 role as a backup to Vietto. Good work rate good movement are a massive part of what I'm looking for, preferably someone English or that would meet homegrown status. I've got 30m to spend, possibly more if I can offload Sturridge, Berahino and maybe Markovic. Any suggestions on players that may be worth looking at? 

3 hours ago, RyanEagles92 said:

Coming into January of season 2 and I'm on the hunt for a pacey forward that is capable of playing the false 9 role as a backup to Vietto. Good work rate good movement are a massive part of what I'm looking for, preferably someone English or that would meet homegrown status. I've got 30m to spend, possibly more if I can offload Sturridge, Berahino and maybe Markovic. Any suggestions on players that may be worth looking at? 

Callum Wilson from Bournemouth, the guy scores buckets in my save, just not for me haha.

Season 16/17, 45 games, 27 goals and 12 assists

Season 17/18, 39 games, 16 goals and 11 assists

Season 18/19, 41 games, 25 goals and 9 assists

Season 19/20 up to Feb 2020, 26 games, 14 goals and 8 assists

On 4/10/2017 at 20:09, Werrett said:

Hello all, I've been reading this thread throughout the past few months and recently decided to finally bite the bullet and make a Liverpool save.

I'm currently halfway through the season and sitting in 2nd place in the league after 20 matches but was however eliminated from the EFL Cup against Arsenal in the Quarter-Finals. So far I've been utilising a 4-2-3-1 variant which has brought the best out of Coutinho and FIrmino while remaining sound at the back.

Tactic 1.png

I decided to try not to sign too many players due to the comments I've seen about failing FFP but have however signed Marvin Plattenhardt (£9m) and Nemanja Radoja (£8.5m) with Angel Correa (£17.5m) recently arriving at the start of the January transfer window. So far only Adam Bogdan has left the club, moving to Lyon for a fee of £1.5m, Daniel Sturridge was subject to an accepted £30m bid from PSG but the personal terms were never agreed.

Squad.png

The goals so far are very spread out throughout my squad with FIrmino leading the line with 10.

Really enjoying the save so far, I also have a blog I posted about the first-half of the season which you can find here

I'll keep you updated on how things go. :) 

Good progress! I've seen Leicester use that formation on my saves, always intrigued me and I was tempted to give it a go but my 4231 with wide wingers was serving me well.

Any update on season end?

10 hours ago, Guerrier_ said:

Callum Wilson from Bournemouth, the guy scores buckets in my save, just not for me haha.

Season 16/17, 45 games, 27 goals and 12 assists

Season 17/18, 39 games, 16 goals and 11 assists

Season 18/19, 41 games, 25 goals and 9 assists

Season 19/20 up to Feb 2020, 26 games, 14 goals and 8 assists

That's not a bad idea, don't know why he didn't come to mind for me. He had a pretty poor first season with just 7 goals and 6 assists from 31 games, he has improved massively on that return so far with 10 goals and 7 assists in 19 so far this season so could certainly look at him to do a job for me. 

Ive just stumbled across a regen at Middlesbrough who looks like he could become a serious player with some development, getting my scouts to keep an eye on him.

On a side note, currently playing at home to Palace who are playing a very defensive looking 4-5-1. Decided to go 3 at the back with attacking wing backs, Origi as my striker in a false 9 role with Coutinho and Markovic supporting and have just gone 3-0 up after 20 minutes. 

Just starting my 5th season.  Had quite a successful career so far, going for the Euro super cup and World Club Cup this season.

meawards.thumb.png.31c28068d05f3d762bfddfbed677aca5.png

Transfers so far this season

2021transfers.thumb.png.ba4efc637b9e9562b99db6bf87ddbadb.png

With possibly two more players a regen and Afonso Sousa another Portuguese player.  He will be my 5th. 

Just finished my first season with Liverpool - more successful than I was expecting but we really made it hard for ourselves. Managed to win the Premier League and the FA Cup, knocked out in the semi finals of the EFL Cup by Reading who lost to Man Utd in the final - if we'd beaten Reading I'd have been confident of beating United which we did 3 times all season with an aggregate of 9-1. In the post-season Stoke announced they had been taken over by a Tycoon, so next season could be interesting!

As I mentioned before we managed to win the league but we seemed to try our hardest to throw it away; we were about 11 points clear with 7 games to go and it went down the last game, where we had to rely on Arsenal dropping points against Stoke to hand us the title as we succumbed to a 3-2 defeat to Chelsea.

Xl0rWZn.png

4 draws and 2 defeats in our final 10 PL games almost cost us but we hung on and did just enough to limp over the line. The surprise was a poor season for Chelsea who were stuck in 10th for most of the season until they sacked Conte and brought in Bielsa. Southampton did well to sneak in to the CL. 

Stand out performers were Sturridge (22 goals 7 assists), although after bagging 18 goals in his first 15 games really went off the boil forcing Origi to step up, Firminho (17 goals 15 assists) and Lallana (15 goals 11 assists) although there were goals and assists throughout the squad. 

I didn't massively overhaul the squad first season; brought in Donnarumma for £27m and in January, Michael Keane for £16.75m. Out went Mignolet (£19m - Red Bull Leipzig), Adam Bogdan (£2.1m - Lyon) and in January Lucas Leiva (£15m - Quanjian).

I've spent all season tapping up Dele Alli so expecting to bring him in for ~£90m, already agreed to sell Moreno to PSG for £41m and bring in Theo Hernandez to replace him for £20m. 

Coming to the end of season 2 now. Got a really strong squad all round at this point. Sitting top of the league after 29 games, 9 points clear of Tottenham and with a game in hand. Vietto is joint top scorer in the premier league with 16. Through to 2nd knockout round in the ECC and will be facing Villarreal, so hopefully we should be pushing through that tie. We face Chelsea in the 6th round of the FA Cup, although I have just lost 2-0 to them in the league I think we can beat them and make good progress in the cup. 

I would certainly like to get the league, FA Cup and ECC this season. Had a much better season than I was expecting. Only 3 defeats in all competitions this season which were 4-3 to Arsenal in the EFL Cup, 1-0 in the league to Newcastle and 2-0 in the league to Chelsea.

There are no real areas of concern in terms of the quality in my squad, maybe a back up left back, currently considering Newcastle's Charlie Taylor as an option there. I will probably be looking to sell a few players over the summer, currently Barcelona seem to be interested in Markovic, I doubt anything will come of that but a good offer could see me letting him go. Coutinho is unhappy as we didn't qualify for champions league football, currently considering letting him go if anyone comes in for him as he's been largely inconsistent and drifting in and out of games. Signed Thomas Lemar for 35m in January and he's come into the team ahead of Coutinho, Origi has been in fine form as a winger/inside forward and Mane is just returning from a long spell out with a broken foot, there is also Firminho/Berahino who are more than capable of covering those positions.

I've got 1 more game before the season ends. I'm 1st with Arsenal and West Ham just 1 point behind me and guess who I’m playing in my final game... Arsenal!!! I'm playing away so not sure if I should go for a solid defensive formation because all I need is a draw against them, but if West Ham win their game and I draw, they've won the league... hard decisions but makes the game very exciting! What would you guys do?

Players in: Shaqiri, Iker Muniain
Players out: Milner, Ings (loan)
Best players: Henderson, Sakho, Coutinho 

Next season I'm hoping to sell Sturridge, Karius, Markovic, Klavan. Hope to buy an attacking CM, looking at Alli but is 80/90M worth it for him? Hope to buy Butland also and maybe Keane as Burley have been relegated.

Wow, 120 mil for Coutinho....that's a lot of money. What season and who bought him, @eastley?

I would sell him only when Woodburn is developed and ready to take over.

I'm in the start of my 3rd season and so far from the original squad I still have Mignolet, Karius, Joe Gomez, Moreno, Clyne, Arnold, Emre Can, Hendo, Lallana, Mane, Firmino, Coutinho and Woodburn.

The rest of the squad is: Eric Dier, Romagnoli, Riedewald, Grimaldo, Zakaria, Denis Suarez, Will Hughes, Dele Alli and Sterling 

As a fan, I rarely manage LFC but I've just completed my first season, winning the league with a game to spare.

I set up a 4-3-3 system based on @Ö-zil to the Arsenal!'s Universality thread, as I thought we had the ideal personnel to pull it off and it worked out pretty well.

The only major signing was Donnarumma. Apart from him, it was the existing squad. Correa from Sevilla and Gabigol from Inter, were added at the end of the winter window but were only bit part players.

We lost 3 times in the league. 2-1 away to Stoke in the final day dead rubber, at home to City 4-1 and away to Arsenal 6-1. A rotated side lost 3-1 to Spurs in the EFL Cup and 1-0 to Preston in the FA Cup. Apart from the thumpings against City and Arsenal (both games instant resulted), the defence was very solid.

Phil was on fire with 18 league goals and 12 assists, winning the PoY, PPoY and YPoY.

6 hours ago, yonko said:

Wow, 120 mil for Coutinho....that's a lot of money. What season and who bought him, @eastley?

I would sell him only when Woodburn is developed and ready to take over.

I'm in the start of my 3rd season and so far from the original squad I still have Mignolet, Karius, Joe Gomez, Moreno, Clyne, Arnold, Emre Can, Hendo, Lallana, Mane, Firmino, Coutinho and Woodburn.

The rest of the squad is: Eric Dier, Romagnoli, Riedewald, Grimaldo, Zakaria, Denis Suarez, Will Hughes, Dele Alli and Sterling 

PSG purchased Coutinho, start of second season.

You should always keep hold of Ojo, Wooburn, Grujic and Alexander-Arnold, those 4 can have high potential.

8 hours ago, eastley said:

PSG purchased Coutinho, start of second season.

You should always keep hold of Ojo, Wooburn, Grujic and Alexander-Arnold, those 4 can have high potential.

I figured it could've been PSG. They went for Hazard on my save instead.

Ojo, Woodburn, Arnold and Grujic do have high potential on my save. I've been sending Ojo and Grujic on loan because I can't give them enough playing time, plus the other two are rated slightly higher in terms of potential.

I also managed to snag Reiss Nielson away from Arsenal and he too is on loan. 

Just beat Villarreal 3-1 in the 2nd leg of my ECC 2nd knockout round (5-1) win on aggregate and I've been drawn with Chelsea for the quarter finals! If we get through that tie I think I can go on and win the competition now. 

Also considering a summer move for Dele Alli, could really bolster my midfield if I do go through with it.

On 27/04/2017 at 11:49, ChrisBones1990 said:

lallana wants 250k to resign end of first season and eric dier wants 300k a week to sign thats ridiculous 

I was able to get Lallana to sign a new contract in January first season, £98k, which isn't too bad.

I'm in my 4th season, and my highest paid player is Dybala, who is on £195k. I expect over the next couple of years I expect my wage bill to rocket when I have to renew some of the top players contracts. I've only the 5th salary per annum with £131m.

Whenever a player asks for a new contract I tell them they have plenty of time remaining on their current contract. Only hasn't worked once in 4 years.

Archived