FM17: Liverpool FC - Heavy Metal Football

cezar.sl

3 minutes ago, Urbanscrumper said:

I find a lot, especially if they have more than two years left on the contract that using the "you've got plenty of time on your current contact so no new contract" usually works they'll come back with "I can't say I'm not disappointed but I do understand where you're coming from" did that 3-4 with Coutinho, Firminho, Lovren and Can ( although last time he did it I had to promise him a contract offer at the end of the season which given how'd he'd performed for the season I didn't have any issue with plus I negotiated him down to 85k a week when he opened up wanting 130k)

Yeah, he wasn't having any of that and there was a mini player revolt with everyone saying he deserved a new contract, even though he was pretty poor throughout. Due to this, let him go, just hope he doesn't tear it up at Arsenal. 

Sometimes you can't win with these things.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

do you actually think i am not aware that there would be interest in our players???

but would you expect the club to have to give Emre Can a new deal in december and then another one in May!! to get him to stay AND have to sell Divok Origi after giving him a new deal in Jan and then have him ask for another in June as he can get higher elsewhere but you have no way to tell him no as he has just signed a new deal?? you either give him the new contract or you are stuck having to sell him even tho you dont want too

Suarez signed a deal with us in Christmas 2013/14 season and was sold in the summer. It's happened before at our club and why do you have to sell Origi? He'll be unhappy for a month or so then back to normal again, if you play FM you'll know team cohesion training fixes things pretty quickly. You don't have to sell every player that gets unhappy

12 minutes ago, ryan045 said:

Suarez signed a deal with us in Christmas 2013/14 season and was sold in the summer. It's happened before at our club and why do you have to sell Origi? He'll be unhappy for a month or so then back to normal again, if you play FM you'll know team cohesion training fixes things pretty quickly. You don't have to sell every player that gets unhappy

To be honest, I have never actually tried Team Cohesion/known it works like that so will definitely do that in future and see if it helps out. :thup:

8 minutes ago, ryan045 said:

suarez signed a new deal with a relese clause inserted to make sure we would get true value in the market. it was a pre made agreemment that we would allow him go to Barca

in the game the players all seem to cause squad disruption once you block their move and refuse a new deal. a month later is a long time in football and the team could lose 2-3 games due to this disruption and then you have more wanting to leave as you go out of cups or a title race!

As i've said i have found it frustrating to the point of it ruining the game for me. I've played the game for 20 years so i'm not a knee jerk reaction type of person when it comes to bugs as SI normally sort anything out quickly. this for me tho ruins the squad building in the game. ive always been able to build a team and keep them together for the most part.

going to make a final attempt at starting a new save with 17.3 now updated. few players PA's have had a bit of a boost and i have also given Harry Wilson a boost up to match Ojo and trent as i feel 24 goals for the U23's this season warrants the matching PA

hopefully my tactic from the previous save can prove to be as good as i managed to get 20 PL goals out of Firmino

Anyone know what fixes if any were implemented with the new update? I'm into my 3rd season as Liverpool, won the league first season and champions league second season although came 2nd in the league. Very happy with my team so would it be worth re-starting just for a few PA and ability boosts?

15 minutes ago, Guerrier_ said:

Anyone know what fixes if any were implemented with the new update? I'm into my 3rd season as Liverpool, won the league first season and champions league second season although came 2nd in the league. Very happy with my team so would it be worth re-starting just for a few PA and ability boosts?

if youre on your 3rd season and happy with how you are doing i wouldnt start again

Just finished my first season with my third attempt managing Liverpool, finished 1st by 7 points and won EFL cup, beating Spurs 2-1. 

I didn't sign anyone in the summer because I wanted to give the existing players a chance to shine. In January I signed Jetro Willems for £11 million, Stefan de Vrij for £30 million and I brought Marco Asensio in on loan for the remainder of the season. I sold Lucas in January to a Chinese team for £10.5 million because he wasn't getting in my team. 

Firmino was my stand out player of the season with 21 goals in the league as well as 6 assists. Mane was good with 8 goals and 12 assists in the league and Mignolet surprisingly kept 20 clean sheets to help me win the league. Couldn't really get the best out of Coutinho, scored 5 and got 6 assists but didnt really bother me as Firmino was in such good form and Origi, Sturridge and Lallana all chipped in with goals and assists.

Start of the second season I signed Geronimo Rulli for £15 million, Danilo Pereira for £25 million, Federico Bernardeschi for £30 million and my stand out signing, Dele Alli for £85 million, I also signed a coupled of youngsters who could become future stars.  I sold Ings (£10 million), Klavan (£4 million), Markovic (£12 million), Wijnaldum (£14.5 million), Stewart (£7.5 million), Karius (£6.5 million), Ward (£3.2 million), Lovren (£23 million), Brannagan (£1 million) and Wisdom (£6 million)

I've mainly been playing a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino being the focal pint playing as an attacking midfielder, I also have a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1) formation with inside forwards and a false nine or supporting complete forward depending on the player.

I think it has been said before on this forum, but it is so annoying when a team shows interest in a player, they immediately want to leave for that club.

I've had it happen twice within days, and I've found no way of persuading the players to stay, even though we have every good a team as the ones showing interest.

Also no bids have been made, I tried to responed to one by saying I would accept an acceptable bid.  This is for Silva who is an unbelievable player who cost me close to £60m, but when I say I want £80m he gets annoyed and suggests £40m.  Why should I accept a bid lower than what we paid for him (he is still just 24).  There doesn't seem to be a way to tell the players why they are worth so much to the team, and after all that they complain to the team mates who then come out in support of him, I mean really they'd be happy for one of the teams best players to be sold?  I bet if I did sell him they'd complain about that too!

Its very frustrating as now got an unhappy squad

On 06/03/2017 at 18:13, ryan045 said:

On 06/03/2017 at 18:24, oakesypvfc said:

To be honest, I have never actually tried Team Cohesion/known it works like that so will definitely do that in future and see if it helps out. :thup:

Definitely worth a try, in my 3rd season, Mane was showing as wanted by Barcelona, he requested to leave if a bid came in, I told him no, he was very unhappy. So I left him to it and did changed my team training focus to team cohesion and his morale is back to superb and he no longer wants to leave :) I cannot say if it was the Team Cohesion but I would recommend it!

Anyone else want to share their achievments with Liverpool in their FM saves?

My first Season:

EFL Cup: Lost 2-1 in the 3rd round, to Man United :mad:

FA Cup: Lost in the final to Watford, 3-2

Premier League: Winners, by 1 point over Man United! Liverpool are on their way to the Champions League once more!!

58c4bbbfd6db3_Season1prem.thumb.png.4d52b5b8851d88c329bd7c760b0cb665.png

Season 2:

Community Shield: Winners! Liverpool 6-1 Watford, revenge is sweet..

EFL Cup: Winners, only managed a 2-1 win against Brighton

FA Cup: Lost in a replay to Crystal Palace in the 5th round

Premier League: 2nd. Unfortunately Arsenal took an early lead in the league, couldn't catch them

Champions League: Back where we belong, on the world european stage! What could we do?

58c4bd8b68297_Season2prem.thumb.png.5cc266f049ec5f762590cafd31d89a2e.png

So, our Champions League run...no defeats, only 1 draw, 36 goals scored, and a notable 4-0 victory over Atletico Madrid! And yea, we won the thing :D I was in actual shock by the end of the game haha

58c4bd68a5f69_ChampLeaguerun.thumb.png.baab34abd04b948c4d781b88a2477f5d.png

58c4bdb4d585e_RM0-5LFC.thumb.png.91454dbb559285d0651e96b1307fe514.png

I was expecting to get beat, it is Real Madrid after all, Henderson was injured for the final, and had to play Grujic alongside Can. However our guys pulled it out of the bag! Grujic scored 2 goals as well!! Definitely one of my proudest achievements on FM.

Season 3: Currently at the end of September, unbeaten in all comps, and if you hadn't noticed, I managed to snag the France managers position, currently 2 wins from 2 :)

Season 1 review

League:Won

Fa cup:won

League cup:R/u

Could have won tne treble but lost the league cup final to spurs the title went into the last day of the season won it by a pt over Man Utd & in the FA cup beat Everton 1-0 was a own goal already signed Oblak,Laporte & Telles to boost my defence Mane,Lallana,Continho & Firmino a deadly combination in my save & will stuck with that attack in season 2  

What do you do when you are winning by 3 or 4 goals at half time, when the assistant suggests that you praise the players?

I've always found that doing that leads to your team falling apart in the second half!

At the end of the game, I tell them the second half was disappointing after the first half and get bad reactions - Countinho seems to be confused, poor guy not sure what there is to be confused about you played crap in the second half!  Hoedt went from a 7 to a 4.8 that is some capitulation :-)

fulltimeteam.png

Never praise them, even if you are winning by 3 or more goals. When i'm leading by goal or two, i always tell my players not to get complacent. 3 or more goals, i say nothing. Only praise them at the end of the game, if you win ofc. 

2 hours ago, Dokara said:

Never praise them, even if you are winning by 3 or more goals. When i'm leading by goal or two, i always tell my players not to get complacent. 3 or more goals, i say nothing. Only praise them at the end of the game, if you win ofc. 

I think that might be the best option.  How do they react when you say don't get complacent?

40 minutes ago, Plastic_Road said:

I think that might be the best option.  How do they react when you say don't get complacent?

Most of them react well, get more focused. But there may be one or two players that get stressed but they're mostly the ones with weak personality.

8 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Season 1 review

League:Won

Fa cup:won

League cup:R/u

Could have won tne treble but lost the league cup final to spurs the title went into the last day of the season won it by a pt over Man Utd & in the FA cup beat Everton 1-0 was a own goal already signed Oblak,Laporte & Telles to boost my defence Mane,Lallana,Continho & Firmino a deadly combination in my save & will stuck with that attack in season 2  

Nice one on beating Everton!! They're not doing so well on mine, Lukaku and Barkley have both moved on.

My signings so far, Hughes and De Sciglio first season. Dembele (Celtic), Berahino, Donnarumma, Thomas Lemar, Yaya Toure, Leandrinho, Romero and Rugani 2nd season. Dele Alli, Carlos Bacca, Pulisic and Coquelin in 3rd :)

Sold Lovren, Lucas, Mignolet, Sturridge, Firmino, Lallana, Milner and then Toure and Dembele I sold after one season for a profit.

Won the league in first season. Couts top goal scorer, and Mane with most assists (For Liverpool, not the league). Utd have bought Nainggolan (£69M Jan '17) and Kane (£90M Jul '17). I've bought Dybala (£63M rising to £90M Jul '17). Basically now with zero money. Expecting to finish 2nd in season 2, given the amount of money spent by Utd.

3 hours ago, Dokara said:

Most of them react well, get more focused. But there may be one or two players that get stressed but they're mostly the ones with weak personality.

Nice one, will def give it a try.  Gotta get 3 or 4 goals in the first half first

Was gonna sell Sturridge but hes on fire atm Lallana can wait not droping him while hes inform & Can wants a new contract 7 months after signing one might have to sell him in the summer 

EDIT: Chelsea lost Costa & Hazard to PSG for a total of 128 mill didnt stop them from spending 107mill on Icardi Isco 8.5Mill (Bargain) & Lukaku 44 Mill now they are walking the league in my save im 11 pts behind them so have my work cut out 

Started my Liverpool save for FM17 now that the patch is out.

Holiday the first season coz I hate playing first seasons for some reason. In season one, Klopp brought in some average players. But due to difficulties in selling them, I'm keeping Davy Klaassen and Marcel Sabitzer.

This season I brought in Frank Kessie, Marco Asensio, Patrik Schick and Keiran Teirney. Major outs were Wiji for 30M and Sturridge for 35M.

I'm using a plug'n'play tactic from 17.2 so hopefully it still works. Thus far I'm 2 wins from 2 so it's going alright.

Also what happens if you fail FFP for wages, coz I'm predicted to do that

On 3/12/2017 at 11:13, Plastic_Road said:

What do you do when you are winning by 3 or 4 goals at half time, when the assistant suggests that you praise the players?

I've always found that doing that leads to your team falling apart in the second half!

At the end of the game, I tell them the second half was disappointing after the first half and get bad reactions - Countinho seems to be confused, poor guy not sure what there is to be confused about you played crap in the second half!  Hoedt went from a 7 to a 4.8 that is some capitulation :-)

fulltimeteam.png

You should also lower the mentality and maybe add Retain Possesion or shorter Passing

So i can sign Dybala for 55m .....but im happy with Origi and Woodburn upfront, with Countinho, Ojo and Pulisic on the left. 

I have Reiss Nelson and Mane on the right but thinking of selling Mane......so thinking of signing and retraining Dybala for Inside forward on the right.

after finishing season 1 again. did the treble, cruised the PL withing it with 99 points and set new LFC records for wins in a season. Firmino got 26 PL goals and overall a brilliant season

sadly again too many players are having to be convinced to stay. Sahko, Matip, Origi & Gomez all want to move on, Lallana wants 250k a week to sign a new deal. had to give Moreno, Can, Clyne, Firmino, Coutinho, Origi all had to be given new deals during the season to stop them moving on. Grugjic who wants to signa new deal cant as he keeps failing WP and now wants to leave as he cannot get a new deal

just cannot get myself into a save enough to continue into a 2nd season

On 3/16/2017 at 03:41, Siven said:

So i can sign Dybala for 55m .....but im happy with Origi and Woodburn upfront, with Countinho, Ojo and Pulisic on the left. 

I have Reiss Nelson and Mane on the right but thinking of selling Mane......so thinking of signing and retraining Dybala for Inside forward on the right.

sign him, best striker in the game and for 55m is a steal.  He got 76 goals for me playing as lone striker in his 1st season and abotu 25 assists.  We destroyed everyone and unbeaten in 55 games now......Dybala played a MAJOR part in that.

On 06/03/2017 at 02:33, lemeuresnew said:

you have got one wrong mate. was carroll + SUAREZ for a Torres that took a few years to start playing again after a bad injury. good deal for us!

Well not really. Suarez was going to be bought anyway (he was obviously a good deal). I'm not sure you'd find too many reds arguing that Carroll was worth £35m XD

6 hours ago, tomthered said:

Well not really. Suarez was going to be bought anyway (he was obviously a good deal). I'm not sure you'd find too many reds arguing that Carroll was worth £35m XD

but the money from torres effectively bought both players. if not many of us liked carroll, non of us disliked suarez lol

On 16/03/2017 at 22:15, gmulv said:

sign him, best striker in the game and for 55m is a steal.  He got 76 goals for me playing as lone striker in his 1st season and abotu 25 assists.  We destroyed everyone and unbeaten in 55 games now......Dybala played a MAJOR part in that.

Out of interest, what player role has everyone used Dybala in?

40 minutes ago, Plastic_Road said:

Good example of a good player not taking the **** on contract, very unusual for a player to be happy with such a relatively low weekly wage, (although still plenty enough)

jordanHend.png

Because you're also paying him 25k per game!!

If he plays twice a week, that would be 50k extra in wages to that 120k.

Liverpool 2016-17 season update

Premier League:

In February of my first season with latest patch, currently in the midst of an intense title race:

a787fb890e1593a76d20b69c6b4c7f72.png

Tottenham were top for the majority of the season, while I spent most of my time on 3rd. I was able to leap-frog both Spurs and Man Utd after they played each other to a draw and I beat West Brom. A lot could happen in the next fixture though. Manchester United have a straight-forward home game against Bournemouth while we face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Also, Arsenal may look well behind us, but they have a game in hand and their next opponents are Tottenham in the Emirates. If they win they are definitly back with a shout.

Cups:

Lost in the forth round of the EFL cup against Crystal Palace after a shoot-out, however we are already making amends for that lose after knocking out Tottenham in the forth round of the FA cup 3-1. Next match will be against Watford/QPR, so I fancy my chances on reach the next round.

Players:

Best player so far has been Sadio Mane without competition. Scored 17 and assisted 10 in 23. When he left for the African cup, Daniel Sturridge took his place and is scoring for fun, notching 10 goals and 4 assists in 11 starts. Coutinho is having and injury riden season, but made a solid return of 7 goals and 4 assists in 19 starts. Firmino is also doing well with 8 goals and 7 assists in 26.

Transfers:

Started w/o first season's window, and in January made a solitary signings- Kieran Tierney from Celtic who was loaned back for the rest of the season. Think he will make the LB position is own next season with Moreno as a more attacking deputy. Lucas Leiva and Danny Ings barely kicked a ball for us and left on weird loan deals to PSG and Basel respectively. Kevin Stewart was shipped to Watford for 9 mil, potentially rising to 12.5 and Adam Bogdan to Lyon for 1.7 mil. Kept most of the staff and made two additions- Harry Kewell as an U23 Manager and Bernhard Trares as a coach.

16 hours ago, eastley said:

Because you're also paying him 25k per game!!

If he plays twice a week, that would be 50k extra in wages to that 120k.

True, but some of the players Can for instance is on £185K + £31K appearance fee.

4 hours ago, dan99 said:

He already gets £25k appearance fee at the start of the game, so getting him to stay on the same is decent.

Yea that's what I thought.

How do people use Emre Can to get the best out of him? Slightly confused what role to play him in, and I'd be interested to hear from others who might understand the game better than me.

Currently been swapping him between DLP and CM.

5 minutes ago, TheJanitor said:

PSG offering me £126 for Coutinho after season 1, should I sell?

depends

* is he vital for your team/or one of your IRL players (ei you would loose interest in the game if he was sold)

* are you in desperate need of the money

* are there replacements that are better than him

Archived