FM17: Liverpool FC - Heavy Metal Football

cezar.sl

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Plastic_Road said:

So I get Matip complaining about lack of 1st team football despite him playing all but the last game, so I ignore him and then I get the following message about some players being unhappy, nothing unusual except for one of my players both supports me and Matip talk about sitting on the fence :-)

matip.png

Why would you not play Matip?

I don't know if it's just my system but for my first 2 seasons Matip has finished with the highest average rating in the league, something ridiculous like 7.6. He's just been incredible for some reason even though his attributes aren't incredible or anything. 

4 hours ago, bar333 said:

Why would you not play Matip?

I don't know if it's just my system but for my first 2 seasons Matip has finished with the highest average rating in the league, something ridiculous like 7.6. He's just been incredible for some reason even though his attributes aren't incredible or anything. 

Because I have better players.  Even when I did play him he was so inconsistent. 

Have started playing my Liverpool save again that I left in November and found a tactic whicjh seems to really get us playing well, especially at home. Unfortunately though, we are struggling a bit more against the better sides in the division and also away from home in general.

Made a couple of signings, not wholesale changes though. Gaya came in from Valencia for £21m and Donnarumma came in from Milan for around the same fee but he was loaned back out for the season. 

We are performing pretty okay, sitting in 5th, 8 points from the top and one point off the top 4 in mid February so we'll see if this run in can grab us the top 4 spot we would like to achieve.

I have been reading this thread and haven't seen much mention of Joe Gomez, I have played him a fair bit, alongside both Sakho and Matip and he is progressing really well for me, anyone else had much luck with him?

5 hours ago, oakesypvfc said:

I have been reading this thread and haven't seen much mention of Joe Gomez, I have played him a fair bit, alongside both Sakho and Matip and he is progressing really well for me, anyone else had much luck with him?

I sent him on loan to Hull in my first season and he developed okay there. Used him as my 3rd choice rotating with Rugani and Sakho in the 2nd season and he did quite well but not huge progress made. Might need more consistent 1st team football to develop more, but in my save at least I don't see him ever being much more than a 3rd choice or rotation option. Coaches only rate him at 2.5/3* but maybe that's because he's got a bit older and not played enough? I've found it slightly hard to balance playing youngsters and doing well, although Ojo, Brannagan and Alexander-Arnold have been developing quite well and playing fairly regularly 

1 minute ago, Rysen said:

I sent him on loan to Hull in my first season and he developed okay there. Used him as my 3rd choice rotating with Rugani and Sakho in the 2nd season and he did quite well but not huge progress made. Might need more consistent 1st team football to develop more, but in my save at least I don't see him ever being much more than a 3rd choice or rotation option. Coaches only rate him at 2.5/3* but maybe that's because he's got a bit older and not played enough? I've found it slightly hard to balance playing youngsters and doing well, although Ojo, Brannagan and Alexander-Arnold have been developing quite well and playing fairly regularly 

That's fair enough. He is rated at 2.5* with potential to maybe reach 4* but he has been performing very well indeed. 

Has anyone managed to get much joy out of Firmino? I play a 4-3-3 with DM and high wingers and he just doesn't lead the line well for me. He might be the first big name out of the door come the summer.

1 minute ago, oakesypvfc said:

That's fair enough. He is rated at 2.5* with potential to maybe reach 4* but he has been performing very well indeed. 

Has anyone managed to get much joy out of Firmino? I play a 4-3-3 with DM and high wingers and he just doesn't lead the line well for me. He might be the first big name out of the door come the summer.

It's a shame his potential isn't a bit higher but he is reliable. Worth sticking with him and I'd be interested to see if he progresses a lot with more football. Tried to tutor him to get his determination up because it was only around 10 and only went up a couple of points.

Firmino was poor in my first season playing the same formation as you with him as a CF-S, only a couple of league goals and average rating around 6.7 maybe? But in season just gone he was phenomenal. Around 25 goals in all competitions and regularly won me games with a couple of goals which was good because Origi decided to turn to rubbish at the end of the season. I like him because he can play in wide positions pretty well too but I think he is definitely one who could be replaced from within or by a better player from outside

joe is a bit hit and miss, his Determination is random so it depends if you get lucky and its over 10-12 then he comes on really well regardless of his PA.

you can also give him games at either fullback position over seasons 1-2 to get him more game time. 

just started a new save this week. was going to wait for the update but want to keep Sahko in the squad.

hope FM sort out where all players seem to ask to leave once any bid is made for them. have a pain in my backside with Emre can looking to leave no matter who bids or how many contracts you give him. literally over 2 seasons he got 3 new deals

other players seem to follow this too. have had a couple of 1 season saves where i had Clyne, lallana, moreno, lovern, firmino all looking for new deals after signing ones just because Spurs or City showed an interest in them.

9 hours ago, Staf9 said:

just started a new save this week. was going to wait for the update but want to keep Sahko in the squad.

hope FM sort out where all players seem to ask to leave once any bid is made for them. have a pain in my backside with Emre can looking to leave no matter who bids or how many contracts you give him. literally over 2 seasons he got 3 new deals

other players seem to follow this too. have had a couple of 1 season saves where i had Clyne, lallana, moreno, lovern, firmino all looking for new deals after signing ones just because Spurs or City showed an interest in them.

yes, I have this issue too.  Sign a nice new deal and then they want another a few seconds later!!  also I fine for silly amounts, Can as in your example signed a new deal for 100k/week.  4 months later he was back demanding 300k/week.  I lost patience with him in the end and sold him for 80m (all upfront) to Bayern.

Having a similar issue with Clyne at the mo as he wants 325k/week.  No way I'll pay him that and if he doesnt reduce his demands he will be out the door too.

19 hours ago, Staf9 said:

Yeah this is a problem. I think if a player signs a new contract there should be a cooldown period of at least a year before he wants a new contract to stay again.

Like you I gave Can a big contract in January of the first season when PSG came calling, 6 months later he's kicked off again when Barcelona made a bid. He was unhappy for a while and just made life miserable for me, one day he skipped training so I just got rid, he's good but for my tactic he wasn't brilliant anyway since I was just playing him as a CM-D or DM.

The contract demands are also ridiculous, players want you to triple their wages which is nonsensical. Moreno who was a rotation player wanted a new contract, he was on 75k pw and his starting demands were like 230k with Key Player status, noped the **** out and sold him to Marseille, where he signed a 85k pw contract, I mean really? It doesn't make sense.

I am at the stage where I cannot keep my team together.

Everyone wants 300k per week, every player are getting bids from other clubs, the bids are small but they want to leave!

Why am I expected to pay 100mil for XYZ player, but the player I have whom is similar if not better, I can't sell for more than 20mil?

The contracts and selling/buying of players is getting ridiculous, to the point where this might be my last FM.

On 27/02/2017 at 18:04, oakesypvfc said:

Have started playing my Liverpool save again that I left in November and found a tactic whicjh seems to really get us playing well, especially at home. Unfortunately though, we are struggling a bit more against the better sides in the division and also away from home in general.

Made a couple of signings, not wholesale changes though. Gaya came in from Valencia for £21m and Donnarumma came in from Milan for around the same fee but he was loaned back out for the season. 

We are performing pretty okay, sitting in 5th, 8 points from the top and one point off the top 4 in mid February so we'll see if this run in can grab us the top 4 spot we would like to achieve.

Joe Gomez is doing okay for me, just starting my 3rd season and he is one of four firs choice centre backs I rotate regularly in Gomez, Matip, Sakho and Daniele Rugani.

58b74aaa6a670_JoeGomez.thumb.png.7f36d1da94461c42d7517eeb237766f5.png

Just in the process of signing a new DM, capable of playing the following roles; DM-D, BWM-S/D or DLP-D/S (sitting just in front of the defence) and also as a central midfielder as BWM-S/D, BBM-S.

I'm thinking one of the following....Lewis Cook, Francis Coquelin, Thiago Maia or Ruben Neves. Anyone have their own experience of any of these or an opinion for who would be better? Coquelin is a bit of a curve ball but he's transfer listed and only £9m! Bargain haha

10 hours ago, eastley said:

I am at the stage where I cannot keep my team together.

Everyone wants 300k per week, every player are getting bids from other clubs, the bids are small but they want to leave!

Why am I expected to pay 100mil for XYZ player, but the player I have whom is similar if not better, I can't sell for more than 20mil?

The contracts and selling/buying of players is getting ridiculous, to the point where this might be my last FM.

yep same problem, but what i started doing was walking away from the silly demands and going back 2-3 months later and try again.  It actuallyworked, grujic startyed demands at 250k, i laughed didnt even bother negotiating and walked way.

6 months later he was more than happy to sign for 67k per week!!

clyne was the same and moreno!!

6 minutes ago, gmulv said:

yep same problem, but what i started doing was walking away from the silly demands and going back 2-3 months later and try again.  It actuallyworked, grujic startyed demands at 250k, i laughed didnt even bother negotiating and walked way.

6 months later he was more than happy to sign for 67k per week!!

clyne was the same and moreno!!

Only player I've had this trouble with is Firmino, Bayern came knocking and he suddenly wanted £235k per week, politely told him where to go and sold him for £50m to Bayern where he signed for £90k per week...???

1 hour ago, Guerrier_ said:

Only player I've had this trouble with is Firmino, Bayern came knocking and he suddenly wanted £235k per week, politely told him where to go and sold him for £50m to Bayern where he signed for £90k per week...???

Hmm, he ws never an issue with me - interesting and at least every game is different :)

my philosophy seems to be working though with contracts.  I only have 3 players on over 100k per week now.  Dybala, Coutinho and Laporte.

Hi all, anyone know if its worth re-starting after the new patch?

Have players been upgraded at all?

I have a good save going but wonder if its worth starting again as only 3 seasons in thus far!!

Also may disable brexit.....

16 hours ago, gmulv said:

Hi all, anyone know if its worth re-starting after the new patch?

Have players been upgraded at all?

I have a good save going but wonder if its worth starting again as only 3 seasons in thus far!!

Also may disable brexit.....

Mane is better Mentally.

I got a very nice version of Woodburn.

14 minutes ago, eastley said:

Mane is better Mentally.

I got a very nice version of Woodburn.

ah good to know - I loaded a save eventually but still not sure.  My current save in I have broken all sorts of records and am 50 games unbeaten in all comps and new stadium on the way  - but I'm worried about brexit!!

I also got an awesome version of woodburn in new save - this alone with disabling brexit presents me with a hard decision.....guess I could try to replicate my past success.. 

2 minutes ago, gmulv said:

ah good to know - I loaded a save eventually but still not sure.  My current save in I have broken all sorts of records and am 50 games unbeaten in all comps and new stadium on the way  - but I'm worried about brexit!!

I also got an awesome version of woodburn in new save - this alone with disabling brexit presents me with a hard decision.....guess I could try to replicate my past success.. 

I started again.

My last save I had an ok Woodburn but a complete manic version of Origi, I am After 30 goals in all comps he had 46 goals I think, he was immense!! And stats were just insane.

1 hour ago, eastley said:

I started again.

My last save I had an ok Woodburn but a complete manic version of Origi, I am After 30 goals in all comps he had 46 goals I think, he was immense!! And stats were just insane.

ah yes, swings and roundabouts I guess.....

I think I'll start again too as I seem to have nice versions of most of the yougsters this time round.  Had no-one that would realsitically make it in last save and I like promoting from within!!

Never managed a barnstorming version of Origi - he has always been good but not great in my saves (stats and performace wise)

Actually, I will start again too.

I screwed up the start, spend to much for too little gain..

I want to be smarter, not use the 48mth bidding trick, which really hurts me for 4 years as every year my Transfer Budget falls..

Alexander-Arnold got a fair boost in PA it seems, not given away secrets as I am just looking to see what has changed, but his PA can be, pretty darn high!

Edit: Ok, Loading up a new final save now. Hope I get good versions of Origi, Alexander and Woodburn, I will not be checking PA's or anything so will have to develop them!!

10 hours ago, eastley said:

Alexander-Arnold got a fair boost in PA it seems, not given away secrets as I am just looking to see what has changed, but his PA can be, pretty darn high!

Edit: Ok, Loading up a new final save now. Hope I get good versions of Origi, Alexander and Woodburn, I will not be checking PA's or anything so will have to develop them!!

It seems he also got a nice boost in attributes too. Joe Gomez also has slightly improved PA. Overall all the players now are rated fairly IMO. I'll be starting a save soon.

39 minutes ago, yonko said:

Who are you going to replace him with?

Get Neymar if you can

Strangely, I don't think I'm going to buy anyone yet. He was keeping Firmino out the side so I expect I'll give him a run and then promote someone from the youth team.

I'm slightly wary of all the occasions when LFC have sold someone in real life and then basically wasted the entire transfer fee straight away (Carol for Torres, Aquilani for Alonso, etc).

I also HATE spending big money on wages, and anyone you spend £50m+ on is going to ask for £££. Rather save it for a rainy day ;)

1 hour ago, tomthered said:

Strangely, I don't think I'm going to buy anyone yet. He was keeping Firmino out the side so I expect I'll give him a run and then promote someone from the youth team.

I'm slightly wary of all the occasions when LFC have sold someone in real life and then basically wasted the entire transfer fee straight away (Carol for Torres, Aquilani for Alonso, etc).

I also HATE spending big money on wages, and anyone you spend £50m+ on is going to ask for £££. Rather save it for a rainy day ;)

Fair enough. I respect that. But Neymar is one of the best players in terms of attributes, CA/PA and age. Therefore, I think he is one of the few players who is probably worth spending money on (transfer fee and salary).

I wouldn't sell Coutinho, regardless of amount, unless I can get a better player or I have a great prospect to take over (Woodburn/Origi/Pulisic if blessed with high PA or some regen).

19 hours ago, tomthered said:

I bought Dybala for £67m in second season and he finished the year with 45 goals and 21 assists in all competitions.

16 hours ago, eastley said:

Ok, Transfer window thus far, first season, first Window.

In

Gimenez
Donnarumma
Sousa
MBappe

Out

Just some scraps like Ojo and Bogdan..

Nice. How much did you pay for each? Who is Sousa? You didn't go for a left back? Gaya, Grimaldo?

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:09, bar333 said:

Yeah this is a problem. I think if a player signs a new contract there should be a cooldown period of at least a year before he wants a new contract to stay again.

Like you I gave Can a big contract in January of the first season when PSG came calling, 6 months later he's kicked off again when Barcelona made a bid. He was unhappy for a while and just made life miserable for me, one day he skipped training so I just got rid, he's good but for my tactic he wasn't brilliant anyway since I was just playing him as a CM-D or DM.

The contract demands are also ridiculous, players want you to triple their wages which is nonsensical. Moreno who was a rotation player wanted a new contract, he was on 75k pw and his starting demands were like 230k with Key Player status, noped the **** out and sold him to Marseille, where he signed a 85k pw contract, I mean really? It doesn't make sense.

yep. its driving me mental and ruining the game for me. sign a deal then look for a new one as soon as ANY club shows an interest, it doesnt even have to be a bid, just something in the press and they want to leave or else 300k a week.

makes it impossible to play long term as you want to make and keep a squad together

8 hours ago, paddypower said:

Damn how did you get Gimenez? He refused to even talk to me. And how much did you pay for MBappe?

I have started a save probably 6-7 times, I worked out pretty quickly who the good CB's are, so as soon as I started my final save, I bid for all the good ones and see where I get, I usually am able to land Rugani, but couldn't this time,

Gimenez came without issue as I set my season objective to win the league and then promised him that we'll win it.

Doing this also set my transfer budget to like 100mil, and 600k I think for wages, which I didn't need that 600k, so I slid it a little to give me around 130mil in transfers.

Gimenez - 40m
Donnarumma 22.5m (27m)
Afonso Sousa 12.25m (13.5m)
MBappe 55m (66m)

So total of 129.75m with a few million taken of next years budget, there was no 48mth deals in this.

Sold Bogdan, Williams and Ojo for 5.5m all up too.

7 hours ago, yonko said:

Nice. How much did you pay for each? Who is Sousa? You didn't go for a left back? Gaya, Grimaldo?

Gimenez - 40m
Donnarumma 22.5m (27m)
Afonso Sousa 12.25m (13.5m)
MBappe 55m (66m)

Sousa is a 16 year old who usually is a wonder kid, he is a bargain and will dominate midfields later on. I think he is the Son of Ricardo Sousa and the Nephew of António Sousa in real life, so huge footballing background.

I could not sign a left back what so ever, none of them wanted to come at all, I tried all the usual suspect, I did however find a young guy that looks ok, his name is Theo Hernandez, 18 year old Frenchman, joins start of next season though. Scouts rate him very highly.

I don't know what they were like before the update, but random determination aside, these two players look absolutely amazing now;

cf2c0f15f772b281f2646e5af210f9a0.png

b91b1bd187d84b1b73a0eec2f6fc8d29.png

Woodburn especially looks like he could become a world class player, and possibly someone to build the future around. 

58 minutes ago, Sabine said:

I don't know what they were like before the update, but random determination aside, these two players look absolutely amazing now;

cf2c0f15f772b281f2646e5af210f9a0.png

b91b1bd187d84b1b73a0eec2f6fc8d29.png

Woodburn especially looks like he could become a world class player, and possibly someone to build the future around. 

I agree Trent is quite a player now.

On 3/3/2017 at 20:21, tomthered said:

you have got one wrong mate. was carroll + SUAREZ for a Torres that took a few years to start playing again after a bad injury. good deal for us!

this game needs to be seriously redone. just finished my first season of a new save, won the PL and LC and lost the Fa Cup final, Day after the final Divok Origi who's had an OK season and also signed a new deal for 70k in December now want to leave as PSG are aparantly interested and can offer more money. no way to change his mind and no option on the talk to player to tell him he is only 6 months into a new contract

game is ****ed if you cannot keep a squad together. 100% believe that i'll have this issue with 4/5 players over every window

literally cannot get into a long term save as this continues to happen every game even with players who have high loyalty

4 hours ago, Staf9 said:

this game needs to be seriously redone. just finished my first season of a new save, won the PL and LC and lost the Fa Cup final, Day after the final Divok Origi who's had an OK season and also signed a new deal for 70k in December now want to leave as PSG are aparantly interested and can offer more money. no way to change his mind and no option on the talk to player to tell him he is only 6 months into a new contract

game is ****ed if you cannot keep a squad together. 100% believe that i'll have this issue with 4/5 players over every window

literally cannot get into a long term save as this continues to happen every game even with players who have high loyalty

Put team training to Team Cohesion - High. It will sort your problems out for the time being and let's be realistic. If Liverpool won the PL in real life there would be interest in nearly all of our players. It's part of the challenge to the game mate.

40 minutes ago, ryan045 said:

Put team training to Team Cohesion - High. It will sort your problems out for the time being and let's be realistic. If Liverpool won the PL in real life there would be interest in nearly all of our players. It's part of the challenge to the game mate.

do you actually think i am not aware that there would be interest in our players???

but would you expect the club to have to give Emre Can a new deal in december and then another one in May!! to get him to stay AND have to sell Divok Origi after giving him a new deal in Jan and then have him ask for another in June as he can get higher elsewhere but you have no way to tell him no as he has just signed a new deal?? you either give him the new contract or you are stuck having to sell him even tho you dont want too

2 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

do you actually think i am not aware that there would be interest in our players???

but would you expect the club to have to give Emre Can a new deal in december and then another one in May!! to get him to stay AND have to sell Divok Origi after giving him a new deal in Jan and then have him ask for another in June as he can get higher elsewhere but you have no way to tell him no as he has just signed a new deal?? you either give him the new contract or you are stuck having to sell him even tho you dont want too

I had a similar thing with Firmino at the end of my first season. He didn't pull up any trees at all and he all of a sudden asks for a new contract, even though he has one till 2020. Guess what? He wants a 150% pay rise up to 250,000 a week, I can't manage to get him under 200,000 and he ends up going to Arsenal for £40m.

Have brought in Lemar and Belotti with the money so we haven't done too badly but I have sold more players than I wanted to in this window just gone by.

27 minutes ago, oakesypvfc said:

I had a similar thing with Firmino at the end of my first season. He didn't pull up any trees at all and he all of a sudden asks for a new contract, even though he has one till 2020. Guess what? He wants a 150% pay rise up to 250,000 a week, I can't manage to get him under 200,000 and he ends up going to Arsenal for £40m.

Have brought in Lemar and Belotti with the money so we haven't done too badly but I have sold more players than I wanted to in this window just gone by.

I find a lot, especially if they have more than two years left on the contract that using the "you've got plenty of time on your current contact so no new contract" usually works they'll come back with "I can't say I'm not disappointed but I do understand where you're coming from" did that 3-4 with Coutinho, Firminho, Lovren and Can ( although last time he did it I had to promise him a contract offer at the end of the season which given how'd he'd performed for the season I didn't have any issue with plus I negotiated him down to 85k a week when he opened up wanting 130k)

Archived