PGC: The Spanish Inquisition for FM17

358c582af11e42a9bdeb13ea65169262.jpg

La Liga

Bottled it. No other way of saying it if we're being honest. Last day of the season, bus parade booked, 2 points clear of Real Madrid in 2nd and we failed to convert that into a league victory. On the plus side, it was encouraging to see my side really go for the league, as we are devoid of any real world class talent. We are essentially a team that is better than the sum of its parts, a well-oiled unit geared up to break at pace with a couple of play makers in central midfield. Our team has been improved in terms of personnel this time around, with players bought in who will (in theory) enhance our style of play. On the flip side however, we completely threw the league away after getting a red card inside 13 minutes. Wendell, who has ultimately had his best season at the age of 32, has a history of rash challenges throughout his career and lived up to that reputation with a scything two footer on Atleti's winger. Cue an instant red the team already 1-0 down from a goalkeeper error. The 2nd goal a couple of minutes later, this time from a defensive error, made things almost impossible to claw back. I decided to play even narrower and try to win the midfield battle. It was working and we pulled one back with about half an hour or more to spare. We picked up the pace and started putting Atleti on the back foot, but squandered chance after chance. We ended up the better side, despite the early madness, but like against Sean's Logrones, we failed to make the opposition pay and lost out because of it. It feels strange to say that I'm satisfied with the season overall. Knocked out of both cups with my assistant manager in charge, including Europe, but a somewhat impressive mid 80 points finish in the league. I have high hopes for the next season, with talented youngsters making the step up into the first team squad and two great signings making their way to Huelva, but if previous history is to go by this game year, any team that challenges for the title finds themselves hanging on for 4th the following season. Fingers crossed we buck that particular trend.

Cups & Europe

As mentioned, my assistant manager took charge of all my cup games, due to coincidental absences on my part. Nothing to say here, except that he finished 3rd in the Champions League group and lost to Celta Vigo in the Europa League. I cant remember the Spanish cup, but it wouldn't surprise me if he lost in that as well.

The Other Lads

Stu: Solid season from Stu's Albacete, even though some weaknesses were exposed in his side. Cant be too unhappy with 3rd, but never challenged for the title after Christmas and was looking down rather than up towards the end of the season. A good follow up album to last seasons debut title challenge - an all round solid campaign. 8/10

Gilly: Finished 6th with a side that has finished 4th in previous seasons. Will be disappointed with his teams showing in the league, but moves onto pastures new with Barcelona. Pressure is on for consistent top 4 finishes, and will need to get the best out of his players year in year out. His best signing, Ronaldo Gashi, who lit up the league last season was a shadow of his former self for Ponferradina and Gilly has decided not to splash the cash to bring his former boy wonder with him. Oh, he did win the Spanish cup though. Verdict on Andy's season? 7/10

Sean: Early talk in the skype chat was that, 'this was perhaps the season,' as Logrones looked like early top 4 challengers. However, form dipped a little and they began to drop of the pace. Then, Sabadell came calling and Sean decided now was the time to leave. Sabadell were in a comfortable league position and with some good management, could make a late Champions League qualification bid. Do that they did, and fourth place followed a successful transition for Sean. Verdict? 6.5/10 with Logrones and 8/10 with Sabadell.

Jamie: Llagostera have been turned into a solid La Liga side under Jamie's tutelage, but have yet to really mix it up with the Real Madrids of this world. Then again, who has so far on this game? It's been a good showing from everyone involved, with no one really excelling and no one under-achieving. Jamie will look at his side and drool at his attacking strength. A very good showing in the latter stages of the season prove he has the power to mix it up with the big boys, but can he maintain that going into next season? Verdict: 7/10

Jonas: Lastly, but by no means least, is Jonas. A strong second season in La Liga with a side that look like the can go up against the strongest of AI sides and give them a good game. Against the humans however, it appears to be a different story. An 8-1 defeat to Stu's Albacete was perhaps a blotch on the old copybook, but Jonas is building a good unit here. A 7/10 season.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie - Llagostera

LLago_1.png

This season was always going to be about team building and thats how it went form was sketchy in the first half of the season brilliant in one game poor the next nut one thing we did all season was bang in the goals with my front two hitting 60 goals between them.

Screenshot_39.pngScreenshot_40.png

Junior was a loan and there was no surprise when they refused to loan him back for this season.

Gourzelas was a bargain at 1.3 mill averaging a goal a game and was the leagues top goalscorer.

Screenshot_37.pngScreenshot_38.png

As the season progressed so did the team and in the second half of the season the team hit form winning 15 of last 19 games and only missing out on champions league in the last game against seans in form sabadell.

Summer and once again the board keep the money in their pockets with a measly 3 mill budget which i had to pump into the wage budget to allow loans to come in which is getting silly as the bank balance grows every season.

Screenshot_41.png

Once again i've had to sell just to bring in this time my best left back but hes been looking to go for a year or so and squad was getting upset so it was best for him to leave.

I'm pretty happy with my team needed more money to do what i wanted this summer and its going to be tough to break into the top 4 with Gily and Sean jumping ship to big clubs with big money to spend and Ali and Stu pushing for the title in the last few seasons its going to be the toughest season yet.

567626b1-f4f3-45a2-9511-7957c6a11f36_zps

FANS FAVORITE AKINBIYI GETS THE TOP JOB

Fallen giants Barcelona bravely picked out Ponferrada manager Adebajo Akinbiyi to return the club too the summit of Spanish football. Akinbiyis former side had dominated Barca in the cup final recently and this may have helped the board lean towards him as there new manager. it is obviously a great job to step into but it is no easy task. Underperforming players on huge contracts and the wrong side of 30, a team not in the champions league and want a way superstars are just some of the problems the manager will have to contend with. With  a rumoured transfer budget of just 10 million the manager will have to sell  players and remove some of the massive wages at the club.

Screenshot_12_zpsykrrtvdj.png

dc0567e2-c63c-46db-937c-ac0bd304ea15_zps

Samuel Umtiti was one of the players expected too survive the axe at barca, but after moaning about leaving for man united and questioning the teams ambition the manager immediately placed the player on the transfer list. Removing his 125k a week wage was important and replacing him with Turkish international star Gokan Sezgin might actually be the best piece of business done by barca in this first transfer window.

c2805ba3-6999-40f5-bebc-bbaf37067da8_zps

Marc Andre Ter Stegen looked like retaining his place in goals for Barcelona but his wages of 250k a week were always going to be an issue and with the Spanish international teams 2nd and 3rd choice goalkeepers both on the books at Barca there was going to be plenty of room to manoeuvre in the goalkeeping area off the pitch. It was always going to be a hard choice but it looks so far like 23 year old Jordi Aguada has one the starting jersey.

a3cba73d-1e87-4c18-9e51-76966064f9a2_zps

Wesley Houdt was another surprise departure as he was still regarded as one of the best defenders in the league. His advancing years and huge 325k a week wages were a problem for the manager and he was offered out at a reduced fee just to move the player on.

• 2 weeks later...

La Liga

I mentioned in my last end of season post that I 'hoped to buck the trend' when referring to humans challenging for the title and then falling away in the following season. Despite spending £89m on the first team squad, we went backwards in the league by finishing the season in 4th place. It's still Champions League qualification, but we had to rely on Mike beating Real Madrid on the final day of the season for us to sneak in. That particular event caused a domino effect across the league, but more on that later on.

Spanish Cup

The Spanish Cup was pretty much the same as last year. Reaching the quarter and semi finals, but failing to progress any further. Whilst the board do not consider this important, targeting Cups and Europe is going to be my aim over the next three or four seasons as it will be very difficult to compete with the spending budgets of Stu's R. Madrid and Gilly's Barca.

Champions League

Well, where to start? Perhaps with the words 'CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE'. Yes, despite the less than satisfactory league campaign, we have conquered every team put before us in the biggest competition the game has to offer. We needed to beat Man City, Man Utd and Bayern Munich on our road to glory, but beat them we did, and emphatically so. More to come on this via screenshots later.

The Other Lads

Stu: 9/10. Great season from Stu's boys as they put the 3rd place of last season behind them and stormed to victory with 93 points. Not much to write home about in Europe or in the Spanish Cup, but he will be delighted to take home his first top league title of FM17. The knock on effect mentioned above becomes very relevant now, as Stu has taken over Real Madrid, who sacked their manager for finishing 5th. Madrid have a great side and Stu will need to finish 2nd at the very least to have achieved next season. Prediction? 2nd.

Gilly: 7/10. £120m spent with little return. No trophies and no honours this time around for the Barcelona manager, who ended up being one of three managers not to win anything. Will be disappointed with his season overall, considering the money spent, but will take heart from the fact that he pushed Stu's Albacete all the way and finished on 90 points. Gilly has taken his spending to a total just shy of £300m in two seasons and has the strongest side in the league. To achieve, he will need to have another strong title challenge and a major trophy of some description. Prediction? 1st.

Sean: 8.5/10. First full season with Sabadell sees the 'top dog' of the last two FMs secure the Spanish Cup and a top four position with ease. Not much to say really, except that Sean's side was consistent all the way through the season, never really challenging the top two and rarely having to look over his shoulder. Arguably in a mini league on his own for the most part. Next season, Sean will look to push Stu's R. Madrid and Gilly's Barca, but if truth be told, 3rd place and another trophy would be a solid effort. Prediction? 3rd.

Jamie: 8/10. Europa League win and subsequent Champions League Qualification has saved Jamie's season a little bit. Go back three or four seasons and Jamie was mixing it with Gilly, Stu, Sean and myself. He has slipped down a little bit, having struggled to break into the top four consistently. Will need 5th or 6th next season if he ever wants to push into a top four position. Prediction? 6th.

Jonas: 7/10. A good second season, with his side showing signs of developing and improving in terms of quality. I can't remember where Jonas finished exactly, but it was certainly top half. He'll be delighted with Europa League qualification that comes with a strong second season and will look forward to mixing it up with the big boys. Consistent progression is the aim of the game here, so my prediction is 7th.

Mike: 7/10. Earned Sevilla after managing Toledo consistently well and saved them from relegation. Mike was safe with three of four games to go, taking them over when they sat just one place above the drop zone. He'll look to improve next season and secure Sevilla as a mid-table side before pushing on. Prediction? 12th.

Jamie - Llagostera

LLago_1.png

Strange season overall the goals from last season dried up although our defence was much better with the two new young cb we got in the summer.

In the league we struggled for form especially at home where teams parked the bus and we couldn't break them down but in europe we took on all comers putting 4 past chelsea in the quarter finals and beating Watford in the final with 10 men in extra time to claim our first major trophy and a champions league spot if we can win the qualification round against Ajax.

Screenshot_42.pngScreenshot_43.png

Screenshot_44.png

Summer window has been tough all the players that would improve the squad are unaffordable for this club with a transfer budget of 10 mill we cant bring in the type of player we need to take the next level and challenge the top 4 so our target for this season has to be a top 6 spot and a good champions league run.

Most of our deals this window have been loans on some top european talent and this may be the future of our transfer dealings for the foreseeable future as i really don't want to be a ship jumper thats not really what these games are about for me.  

Screenshot_45.png

Screenshot_46.pngScreenshot_47.png

Nothing special signings wise just decent players with sell on value.

As i write this we did the unthinkable and did a smash and grab raid on Ali's Huelva and won the Euro Super Cup 2-1 to add to our Trophy Cabinet.

Stuart - Albacete  33c4sj5.jpg

A long road ends with the league in the bag, What a season it was in the league for me and alba, We had been on top for much of the season and was there to be shot at, Real never made there charge but others did, Sean was there for much of the season but fell away towards there end, but there was one lad who just would go away, Andy's side barca pushed me to the limit this season. Gills side just wouldn't go away and matched many of my resuilts towards the end of the season. 

I remember having a 5 point lead and i drew a silly game against celta that knocked it the gap down the 3, my head to head against Andy was good so that counted as a extra point, the only game left i saw giving me any trouble was Jamie, if i could win all my games before i played him i was in good shape. I was able to do that but only just Cadiz gave me a shock as they went down fighting and a OWN GOAL of all things saw me get the win. Against Jamie i was 2-1 down but scored early in the 2nd half. i knew if i could get a winner then i would only need 1 win from the 2 games i had left so i went for it but was unable to break down Jamie again and a draw saw the gap down to 1 point. The title was still in my hands and 2 home games to come saw me go all out attack, i didn't mess about and flew out the gates in both games wave after wave of attack saw me 2-0 up at Half time against Valladolid 2nd half i shut the game out and and sat on what i have. I did the same in my last game against A'Madrid. This was the side that cost Ali the league on the last day of the season so i was not going to mess about trying to nick this 1-0 i went for it and 2 early goals saw me all but home, a 3rd in the 2nd half put us all into party mode and even a late goal from them was not enough to stop us. We had done it Little Alba were champions of Spain for the 1st time in there history.. 

301efpe.png

5fqetg.png

r1y145.png

REAL IN FOR STU!!

After the party was over and it was back down to business i had a big fall out with my board over money again, 5 million they gave me for the window with a side now starting to age, after winning the league it was a joke that they were only willing to give me that kinda money. The cracks were starting to show in the champions league where we only finished 2nd in the group and then got humped by Manchester United in the 1st round knock out stage, Enough was enough and News broke that Real Madrid had sacked there manager. I said t the guys at the start that Real would be the only side i left alba for and with the board not making me feel wanted i thought it would be a good time to leave. After a good interview with Real it was a bit of a waiting game Ali said he had gone for it the job to but he may or just been trying to make my nerves ago a little more lol. In the end they did Offer me the job, Much the to delight of my good friend Sean who was more than happy to point out that i had jumped ship after calling him out for his jump, all in good fun but the worry in his eyes was there for all to see as he and others knew that if he can win the league with next to nothing with alba whats he gonna do with Everything at real. 

STUART - REAL MADRID 2ldvy8j.png

So here i am back in the big time and into a mess. over paid players,, old players on stupid wages, and players wanting to leave for champions league football. i had no idea what a mess Real were in really they have always been strong. I started by letting deals run out so i could free up funds, the one thing i must do is get some fresh young blood into this side, alot of players here are over the hill so i started looking for key players that would make this side better next season.  Right away i saw the big problem Real had and its nothing something new, at Center half they were really week and the players they did have were coming up for 35, so this summer was all about getting in the right players at center back. 

Summer window 

Busy summer for me looking for the best players at a young age. Center back was the key to the window and i signed 2 players, David for 25 million, a lad from Brazil who is just class and Louis Robinson From spurs who cost me 30 million who is also just sick to look at. another good thing about these 2 are there age, both 22 years old and with my falls back 24 and 25 and the one good center half real did have when i took over also 25 then my 1st problem at real is over I HOPE!.

My 2nd problem and this is a big one is players who want to leave. 1st big headache was Pablo Palomeque, He just flat out said he wants to leave and went missing from soon as they the pre season started.  Munich wanted him but i needed alot of cash from this deal to bring in a replacement. A starting bid of 42m came in, Pablo buy out was 69. so i said to them 69 million they came back with 55 million, i said 67m they came to 62m and i ssaid deal!. 28 years old 62 million for a player who dont wanna be here, ill take that lol. This freed but funds and wages and i was able to bring in Loic Dupont for 33 million and then i blew the doors off the bank with my last signing, Sem Casier. 60Million that will rase to 65 million, only 19 but is just crazy good, this is my last signing of the summer as i wont be seliing or buying anymore players. 

2i1kzdg.png

2n7ifkh.png

k865u.png

xfvs0l.png

Season ahead 

Well its top 2 or sacked for me. with no champions league football i will rest key players for the Europa. Andy will be up there with me fighting it out for the league as will sean and Ali who have both done well this window. Jamie is also on a charge after winning the Europa league and has just beaten Ali for the super cup. Jonas side is dangerous going forward but his back 4 let him down this season, hes worked on that over the summer so look out for him and mike somehow kept Sevila up last season and hes spennding big so its not going to be a easy season for me just because i'm now Real, if anything these lot will try even harder to stop me for that reason. Its gonna be a blood bath of a season, someone will miss out and if its me then ill be the laughing stock of the clan once again. 

Well thats you on another season. look out for other post. My screen shots will be up soon as the summer window is over 

SABADELL!! -

After taking the helm at Sabadell and finishing in the top 4 the 5 months I had in the job allowed me time to assess my squad and what needed done and the answer to that question was a lot there was people still there from the ' Pedro ' era and with loads of guys on wage rises each year earning a tidy wage that was not warranted at all the fans continued to chant ' no way Pedro ' from the stands, so we got tore into the window deleting everyone on a high wage that didn't play a part in us reaching the top 4, people who wanted to whinge bitch and moan also got the boot out the door, we made 200+ million of sales which was a hefty clear out by any stretch of the imagination and we begun putting my stamp on things! spending around what we sold like for like changes only younger fresher players in place of the old has-bean's that sat idle milking a big wage.

Onto the season, we where actually flying which for me was surprising I was worried the mass changes was going to hinder our early chances my arse was collapsing not that I let that show as I sauntered into the clan chatroom sporting a Connor McGregor swagger,  our first mission was to qualify for the champions league! and as much as out of the teams we could of got there was only 2 I did not want and as luck would have it I drew one of them! RB Leipzig a team sporting 30-40 mill players for fun and after losing the first leg... id had to nip off for a quick change of undies, but hey ho we qualified after an impressive home win and onto the groups we went.

Our league form continued to be good to decent to very good to decent never really dropping out of the top 4 which was good because after all the changes my aim was top 4, very long story cut down to just long we managed to reach the champions league quarters only be dumped out by an impressive Man United squad with players on their bench who would waltz into my starting line up, and in the league we finished in third place which for me was mission complete and onto the next!

Cup run? yea there was a cup run, we came we saw we wooped their ass SABADELL SPANISH CUP WINNERS!!! Hooray!

What next you ask ? well to be fair my sights where set on challenging for the title that was of course up until  Gilly made his special Barcelona side even more special and Stu hit the panic button and quickly took Madrid before one of the shark's in the water gobbled his Albacente up and made their title success a one time only deal.

My honest aims are to keep my team a top 4 club for the next seasons or two this is going to be hard with Real,Barca,Huelva,Lagostera mounting serious challenges to the positions and also Jonas lurking behind waiting on slip ups! Mike is also Sevilla now which will be interesting in a season or two to come! clubs with good stature and pulling power/history are always easier to build with I say and I think Mike has the perfect club there to rebuild!

Congrats to Ali Stu Jamie on their success, and to the rest for making this season another good close one!

petrovic.thumb.png.ae29966cb3752b4682ebf23c5989af44.png592c5f0d2d823_VERTSECURE.png.2361ef7bddc9db2d1c1ffbfdcd8cfb30.png

Manager performance -

Jonas - 8/10 ( solid performance slowly building UCAM into a top side )

Ali -  (was going to be 6 before he won the CL the bat rastard 9/10)

Stu - 9/10 ( won the league pulled it out the bag eventually cant fault that effort )

Gilly  - 9/10 ( like myself tons of changes but made a great fist of it.)

Mike - to little time at his new club to judge

ucam.jpg

UCAM - The adventure continues... but for how long?

After another good season, coming in 14th in our second season in the top league, we now embarked on our third season, and a season where we had to build further on the team and hopefully get a midtable position. My aim has always been to progress 3-5 positions each season, and with a 17th position in our 1st seasion up and 14 in the second, the aim was now to get around 10th... But I knew this was gonna be a tough task, as we were still playing a lot of the players from our promotion season, and we desperately needed more quality.

367940c9d90b4c3c94242e08ccd0325f.png

As you can see, this meant a very busy transfer window. I spent around 3M more than I ever have before, and sold for twice what I had in the previous season. Out went a few of my former stars, who despite some decent performances since getting promoted had to go in order for us to take the next step. This meant that my former top goal scorers Goncalves, van Hout and Rufete. To replace Goncalves and van Hout up top was my Danish striker Lindberg Ottesen, who I signed last season, but who was yet to really shine, Manuel Campos, who I had signed a few seasons earlier and was last seasons big surprise, and Edgar Helland, a Norwegian teenager.

Overall, I was handing the reigns over to a new generation of strikers, and the future was looking bright.

f6980caea1ec4372b8a1b981cd86399f.png

Lindberg Ottesen repaid my faith in him, despite his poor start with only 3 goals in his first half season, and bagged a whopping 30 goals in 33 appearances. Campos had a poor start to the season, but once he got going, he had a nice return of 18 goals and 14 assists, with the 3rd choice Helland coming in with 11 goals...

3a0b71a705c04991887be02df4dd7c3b.png

In fact, Ottesen did so well that he became top scorer in the league. An award he probably wouldn't have won, if Petrovic wasn't injured for a part of the season. Furthermore, as you can see below, he also won the European Golden Shoe award. Of course this meant that a whole bunch of clubs were after him, and I had to give him a major raise to keep him at the club.

3d6efdfac37b4bb482a126cbe7f58e8c.png

Funnily enough, the fans didn't choose him as the player of the season, but they chose Campos.

04aad5f55ccb468f8e3132cf33f4db8a.png

Now onto our actual result... After an impressive season, where we consistently were in the top half, we managed to get an impressive 8th position. A result that meant I got 3rd choice in Manager of the Year behind two major players in the league.

a29affbf8bae48a5b64ac171bafddb53.png

An a result that for the second season in a row won us the award for Most Improved Team of the Year. An award I take pride in, as it really shows how far we progress every single season.

5e6c64cbbf244fac8cda9d320a30dcc0.png

Screenshot_15%202_zpsauixxsrw.png

STRONG START FROM AKINBIYI

This was always going to be a season of transition for Barca and there new manager Akinbiyi, however the manager has set his stall out early and with the team finishing second in his first season Akinbiyi has shown he isn't going to be wasting anytime in his chase for the title. The team performed well considering all the changes and Barca pushed Albacete all the way , it was always going to be tough though especially with Albacete's  superior head to head record thanks too a lucky crash.

Barca did not however perform well in the cups and this is something the manager will have too look at going forwards. its going to be another big summer with the manager looking to make the team his own now that he has removed the big wages from his wage bill. a reported transfer budget of 46 million will be supplemented with a lot of free wages too work with.

BARCELONA ARE BACK ON TOP

A tough season has ended with Barca finally claiming back there crown as the best team in Spain.... serious investment in the summer allowed Akinbiyi the room to manoeuvre with his team selection and tactics. Barca started the season well and almost led from the front the entire season Sabadell ended up pushing hard in the final months of the season but the league was won with 3 games too spare and quite comfortably in the end.

sxdqbm.jpg     2m5gsoz.jpg

The new arrivals at the club really made the difference it has taken 2 years but the manager has reshaped the club from top too bottom. he has moved on all the 30+ players bringing in exciting hungry youngsters. This is also the case in the youth teams with major investment being made in the under 19s squad and the Barca B team and the efforts have reaped immediate rewards, with the under 19s running away with there league racking up over 90 points.

2a5k7ma.jpg

Special mention goes to player of the year winner Manu Portoles who played very well all season especially during the run in where his goals took Barca on to the title while the strikers were struggling to find the net.

Jamie - Llagostera

LLago_1.png

Another solid season after a big clearout of fringe player throughout the season we added to the trophy cabinet with the Euro Super Cup and Spanish cup alongside getting to the knockout stage of the champs league pushing Man Utd all the way and a push for the top 4 that ended after a tough last 6 games run in that included all of the top 6 teams which was disappointing but encouraging for future seasons that we are improving every year.

Screenshot_58.png

Another sign of the progress the club has been making is the announcement of a new ground to be built which will complete in 2 years time finally increasing our capacity from just 15 thousand seats which hopefully we can fill and improve the finances at the club.

Screenshot_57.png

Seasons Results

Screenshot_51.pngScreenshot_52.png

Screenshot_53.png

Great season overall another slow start and really come into form in the second half of the season.

On to the new season and another big clearout with the club only giving me a starting budget of 8 million i needed cash to improve the squad so out went my best cb as Gelsenkirchen matched his release clause for 27 million also out went the clubs record signing Adegboyega for 10 million and also Dohla who came in on a free last summer sold for 18 million and was average all season so couldn't turn down that offer.

Screenshot_54.png

New signings for the season have mainly been players that have a lot of improvement to come as we dont have the budget to spend the money needed for ready made players that will take us to the next level and even that meant breaking the clubs transfer record again for Garai.

Screenshot_55.png

Screenshot_56.png

So this season should be interesting i'm hoping the new young players settle in quickly and we can finally get off the season on a good run if we can then maybe top 4 is achievable this season if not then it has to be the target for next season.

Sabadell - 

Here we go again!! another season down another season I'm not thrilled but I'm easily satisfied, we started the league well in contention for the title and given the fact my aim this year was obviously top 4 finish as afore mentioned I was thrilled with this, as time wore on tho  and we where still challenging I was beginning to think hey? is there a small chance we can sneak this but the answer to that question unfortunately was no we finished a solid second place finishing on our highest points tally yet so as much as we didn't win the league or the cup we actually made stealthy progress and that's good going the league isn't getting easier its quite the opposite actually with Gills now thriving at big boy Barca and Ali spending money like he owns 10 oil rigs its not easy at all to say the least we also have the Welsh wonder Jamie sniffing about just off the pace the likes of Real Madrid Albacete and the improving Jonas coming slowly but surely as those Danish do :p and you never know Mike may make a late surge if he comes off holiday, he's actually been in the water and sand more than tiger woods in the last 5 years. 

Onto my cup form .... well meh.is the honest answer we could of done so much better in the Spanish cup we had an unlucky disconnect which wound up with my assman putting my RB into AML and my CM into CB which completely ruined me if I'm honest and in the champions league as always we breezed through the group like a Celtic Striker walking through a rangers defence at a canter lads at a canter but then as always we got to the quarters and our arses started to collapse, we jittered in the first leg of the last 16 then smashed them at home then we drew Ali, lucky snivelling grammar correcting kids its lunch time 2 shots 2 goals Ali, and no I'm not salty its facts :p  :D nah it was a game I should of won I reckon and I'm sure Ali will admit his team where quite lucky but to be fair to him in this game skill isn't enough sometimes got to grind and got to get a bit lucky and luck is something I do not have in abundance, and given Ali's recent history in the competition and on the game and knowing myself how good he is/can I got over it after a few days of winging of course. 

The future? well it certainly ain't rosy that's for sure whilst all my competition get budgets of 100m my board walked in way a bag of copper feckn coins and said here pal I here u like to work with small budgets take this bag of rusty euro's and go make magic happen so a went bought a hat and pulled a rabbit out of it the absolute mental cases, I always seem to draw the shortest of all the straws when it comes to boards???? why me ??? why always me??? anyways I lost my 3 top targets to Ali's trigger finger sniping from the highest possible vantage point, then I lost 2 of my very best players and my best loan min fee releases and no interest in coming back so yea all in all not good iv signed like 5 kids and some loans its going to take time as this process of selling to buy always does but I'm nothing if not game its just a shame the rub of the green financially certainly isn't with my club ' cough cough ' 

big congrats to Gilly for winning his first clan league title, bravo my man bravo and also congrats to the rest on another good quick season!! several more to come. 

SS's to come. 

ucam.jpg

Moving on to bigger and better...

After our all time high final position of 8th in La Liga Santander, I was beginning to wonder if we had peaked and reached what we could achieve with the little funds that are available at UCAM Murcia, so our 4th season in La Liga Santander was all about bringing in new players to the team that could hopefully get us to take the next big step into top 7 within a few seasons, while also keeping most of our high profiles...

A big concern I've been having with UCAM is that the small budgets will force me to sell whatever few profiles we have to bring in new players, which would get us stuck in midtable for a long time...

The big star of our 3rd season was my Danish striker Lindberg Ottesen, while his two companions Campos and Helland were great to compliment him, so for the window my primary focus was to strengthen defence... In came Barca's 2nd keeper along with another new keeper... In also came a DC from Barca, another DC (a Norwegian costing a whopping 4.8M, which is a lot for me), and a WBR I had been chasing for two seasons... Also a few signing for my midfield and some strikers for the future, for when I can't hold onto Lindberg anymore...

E0Gh8xHGRZOLAACCnPrNlQ.png

Because of the switch from a DR to a WBR, I also decided to implement a second tactic, that throughout the season became my new first choice tactic... An attacking 5-2-1-2 WB... This was both an attempt to better utilize my fast wing backs, but also to perhaps get more stability in the defence with 3 DC's, while however still maintaining my 3 attacking players...

After some difficulties at times, Lindberg showed he wasn't a one-hit-wonder, and had another impressive season, although at times I was close to benching him... He went on to score 25 goals in 32 league games, and was the 2nd highest scoring player in the league... This gives him an impressive tally of 55 league games in two seasons... However, this has also meant that it's getting harder and harder to keep him at the club, as clubs are swarming around him making him unhappy. He has a long contract though, and I'm not letting my golden boy get away that easily...

p242l0dCT8K7nQdCDa5twQ.png

DbAxI_FaTnKo8ZwxX6JuEQ.png

As you can see above, we had a horrible start to the season... Crashing out of Europe League in the 3rd qualifier on penalties to IFK Göteborg, a team we should have easily beat, but with no time to put in enough friendlies, our players simply weren't in the state they should have been. In the league we started with a good 3-0 win against Almeria who had a decent season, but we then went on a horrible streak of 10 games without a win, because we finally started our campaign for a midtable finish. In the cup we got beaten by Jamie's Llagostera, who continues to impress me season after season. Jamie has really built that team into a force that is gonna challenge the top lads. An amazing finish to the season saw us take 8th in the league. The team isn't completely where I want it to be yet, but we're getting closer to challenging for top 7, and I hope that the fresh faces in the team will help us easily secure top 7 in our 6th season up... Our next season, 5th, is meant as a stabilizing season, as I've had to make some changes in my lineup with a fairly young and new midfield playing, while also retraining an AML to play WBL, as I've lost all my players in that position.

Finally, in the preseason for our 5th season up, our new stadium was finally finished, and we're now playing at the UCAM Stadium with 29.500 seats and options for expanding to over 50K... This marks a new era for UCAM!

AndyF - Espanyol

After taking a 8 months off im finally back to see if i can put in enough effort without interfering with my work and we find ourselves in Barcelona at the No:1 Catalan club Espanyol.

59567a8f62e88_espanyols1.thumb.JPG.1ac3aa6cacf8e88d473e39b32c892d3d.JPG

SFC.thumb.png.ad4dd68e794f462784c8294c3cc230a4.png

Season 2027-2028

Last season after joinging Sevilla half way of the season , the board only request was to battle hard to avoid relegation and maintaining in the top league. This season the board are asking the same to avoid relegation.
They gave me also money to strenght our squad with a transferbudget of 7M. But before spending money i had to clean up the team and get ridoff some big contracts and old players.

Players who left Sevilla:

Pedro Jose (Milwall), Leo Pereira (Fulham), Gonzalo (Dinamo Bucharest), Jorginho (Birmingham), Lucas Boyé (Ajaccio), Munoz (Villareal), Cocchi (Nice), Tetteh (Celta).

Players who joined Sevilla:

Marc Traore (Toledo), Kirienko (Oviedo), Slavkovic (Partizan), Marcelo (BOT), Younes Claverie (Auxerre), Cicero (ARN), Pedro Ramirez (Sabadell), Irigoyen (Nacional).

6e7ce4ff91fb3e0c372682c92ddccb4a.thumb.png.e577e1e4bb754aa6ebef0c9bf8f2b1f9.png1a0758737dd64d0e32f52cd642e423be.thumb.png.b35d1a6c43e35f116fd219bace264152.png

Pre-Season Fixtures:

IR Tanger, Vigo B, Levante, Alaves, Espanyol, Vit. Guimaraes and Novelda.

30ed4d5471ee7063bc617088a96b866c.thumb.png.dc5039fd60eaf0d9d7950182981bc02b.png

Youth & Training Facilities:

The board have planned to upgrade the youth and training facilities for 5M.

Season:

After all we did a decent season maintaining a mid-table position all season long and ended the league in June at 13th place.

0a168e667ea127b130bdfb9381caad9d.png.7d11e0106941f40644dd7f47c497da06.png

Some honorable fixtures in our favor this season:

Albacete Vs. Toledo (2-3)
Sevilla VS. At. Madrid (2-0)
Sevilla Vs. Huelva (2-2)
Sevilla VS. Celta (2-0)
At. Madrid VS. Sevilla (0-1)

Expectations for next season:

Still building sevilla to be an mid-table team with the opportunity the give youth a chance to play first team football ( Average age of team this year "21" ).
For sure every year we would like to progesse and move up the table each year to gain European football again and become once again the Sevilla who won several times the UEFA Cup.

Until next time .....

Image result for espanyol fc emblem

AndyF - Espanyol

After taking a break I finally returned after 6 months and jumped straight in to take the top seat at Espanyol. Things started off OK with 1 defeat in our first 9 game and then the wheels fell off, a 10 game run without a win which ended with a victory against Valencia on the last game of the season but this wasn't enough to keep me employed at the Catalan club.

5954137ecad54_espanyols1.thumb.JPG.cec0ba517ddf4ed655826e60d5389765.JPG  

As I'm sitting here writing this we are in the first week off July and before I take over at a new club I'm waiting on the release for the media predictions to see where Stus Valencia are placed. I'll be hoping for the same as last season in which they were predicted 3rd which would give us plenty off clubs to choose from for the 2029/30 season. 

Until Next Time ...........

72v9ky.png

BARCELONA ARE THE TEAM TOO BEAT

what a season for Barcelona...  A near perfect campaign ended up with a famous treble, including the super cup, the league title and the Champions league trophy. The team made the final of the Spanish cup also but were edged out in a tight game by Sabadell who really did deserve something from a season that promised so much.  The team is finally starting to look like the dominant barca team of years gone bye, The team is finding the net on a regular basis while keeping it tight at the back it is an attacking team built too soak up pressure then punish there opponents with a mixture of pace and power up front.

2u55h52.png

BARCA SPEND BIG BUT THEY SPEND WELL

Success has come at a cost with some huge investment taking place in the playing squad however Akinbiyi has balanced the books by removing the dead wood and working the transfer market as best as he can selling for profit and trusting in young hungry players too come in and prove there worth.

the stars of this season are too many too mention but here are a few standouts -

JONAS PEDERSON

29zsyog.png

CRISTAINO VIEGA

29oo3ew.png

MANUEL RESCALDINI

2uorioi.png

The team is expected to win the league every year now that's the way it is and the difference when you are at a big club.... it has its own pressures and the vast resources available cant counter the fact things need to be won every season or the axe will fall. 

11vsnkg.png

dqn2b5.png

2n7juo3.png

BARCA MAKE THERE MARK IN EUROPE

A tough European campaign was finished in relative ease by Spanish champions Barca. The final was everything the fans had hoped for but barca ran out deserved winners and took the trophy back too the Nou Camp where many believe it belongs.

The outstanding player has to have been powerful Barca forward Jonas Pederson who has scored goals for fun at home and abroad but special mention goes too Alfonso Marquez who pummelled Recreativo into submission in an earlier round. 

2hdb8zo.png

The final itself was no let down..... both teams attacked from first too last and the fans received a great spectacle and definatly got there moneys worth from the fortunes they paid for tickets.

nvcd4k.png           1418jo9.png

Sabadell F.C

Well this was a season that was pleasing for me mainly because we met all our targets and added a trophy to the cabinet but also because before the season begun we lost our main defensive mid the glue who holds our midfield together, he really was class and without a replacement in place I was really worried, this is starting to become a familiar thing at Sabadell and by that I mean having 0 funds losing our best players which is quite disappointing because I want to be fighting at the top I want to enjoy the thrills of having those ding dong battles with another manager, but for me I'm slipping a tad behind each year I get no budget and lose a bit of quality from my pool of players.

Anyways - onto the season, we started well in the league and pretty much stayed like that throughout we managed to give Gilly at Barca a right old battle all the way up until about  8 games to go when we fell sadly short, we never had the depth to actually handle the mass of games we had to play and making it to the cup final and the champions league semi's, some games we where literally playing with only 4-5 subs which was very frustrating when those players are super tired and not preforming u look for quality to replace them and sadly it wasn't there so for me this year despite being skint is about adding more depth be it young/cheap or even free's we have to think about the latter stages and how much it affects our squad physically.

The cups - Eventually dumped out of the CL semi final by GIlly in a great battle of two good sides, but the stronger side prevailed in the two legs id like to think I'm not that far off him but as afore mentioned the gap will not close anytime soon with this 0 budget each year again iv lost my best CM in Owen and having been given 30% of sales its sadly disappointing.

We did however win the cup against Gilly which was nice, the fan's all had shove your money up your arsha banners out :-D

This seasons objectives -  Add Depth try and repeat the same top 4 finish + a trophy.  

AMC.thumb.png.c0e99b444ed3890c684fe591e17adb86.png

ndok.thumb.png.03636ee587e4e3f253a5e196e2f17ceb.png

Two new signings last season one being my former young prodigy at Logrones, he's came on miles from them days and still improving the other is an exciting young AMC from Monaco who is coming on leaps and bounds as the game progresses.

Stuart - Valencia 

Been sometime since i posted so lets get down to business. 

After leaving the clan for things outside of the game that were out of my control i return and drop back down a league and take over a really bad Valencia side. They have really been done a number on and a rebuild is going to be slow. I took them over half way into last season and walked into a mess, a couple of good signings in jan did steady the ship and i was able to pull clear of the drop zone but a 14 place finish was about fair for the side i have. 

After a summer clear out i have been able to add some good players once again and have not needed to spend much money in doing so. With so little time left in the game dont expect me to pull up any trees with his side, all i am doing is trying new things seeing is i can get a new formation working for me as i am pretty one dimensional when it comes to my tactics, when i look at the others they are moving onto new formations and i will need to move with the times, don't get me wrong i have fallen back onto my 433 dm and 4231 but i am working on some new ideas seeing if i can get things working ready for fm18. 

10qmjbk.png

The lads at the top of the league are now miles clear so i wont be able to challange them for the rest of the game but Football manager is a good way of passing the time and keeping me out of trouble lol so ill be trying my best to work my magic on the time left here. I do worry i will be sacked tho with Valencia in such a mess and me trying new things it could go wrong very quickly but we will have to wait and see. 

11lo4k4.png

We are still in the window and i will be making more signings trying to add some much needed class to this side. My board see it the way i do and only want a playoff place so there is not much pressure on em early on. 7

mj7psl.png

Once the window is shut ill put the rest of my deals up. This post didnt have much details as i missed the back end of the season and the resuilts show that. 

Till next time 

ucam.jpg

Oh what a mess...

The above pretty much sums up my season... After improving my team each year for the past many, many years, things came to an abrupt halt this season... After two top 9 seasons with my top striker Lindberg banging in 30 and 25 goals, things were about to change for poor UCAM...

I went very hopefull into the season and the window... Things had been going well for a few seasons, and I felt we finally had the chance to stabilize the defence, while getting some fresh, young players in... Out went my 2 DL's and a few of my midfields, but I was hoping it would only have a minor impact, as I had the players to take over from them... (more on that later)

KTAVNN5GSOaogPhX37ywSQ.png

I spent big on a DC, Prina, from Feyenoord, who I was hoping could be my defensive general, while the rest of the buys were primarily young players bought for the future, Randers being perhaps the striker to replace Lindberg in a season or two.

vIeVPLFkR-OCoBVBWSeZ6Q.png

As the above shows, we had a truly horrific 1st half of the season... As is very clear from the above, the big, big issue was that we simply couldn't score. Our defence was doing okay, not great, but okay, but Lindberg who had been my star of the past 2 seasons was in a rot, and the other strikers weren't picking up the slack. What I think was the reason for this, was that I had sold my best AMC, and it seems like a lot of the assists that we previously had went away, when we lost his creative force.

YJp5AI4YQIO3nvoRY19PtQ.png

The 2nd half of the season was an improvement.... We still had another horrible run, but a few decent games made sure that we eventually stayed up - something we should not be fighting for! And for most of the second half of the season, I was on the verge of being sacked... In fact, I did survive one board meeting due to my previous success at the club - bringing them from lowest division and bankrupt to midtable in the top league.

A-Twqcd0QJunrhzq-zQpOA.png

Surprisingly, as we were deemed the underachieving club of the season, the board seems to actually be happy, so I'm sure they must be on some very good mushrooms...

So.... The mission now is to get back to fighting for top 10... This is gonna be difficult to achieve, as we have little to next money... This means that I'm going to have to sell 2-3 players, first teamers and subs, in order to fund a new AMC and DL, as that seems to be where my biggest issues where last season. I'm hoping that doing some work in the AMC department will get my strikers back on their scoring ways...

Jamie - Llagostera

LLago_1.png

Another solid season after yet another slow start but i kind of expected it this season with the amount of changes i mad last summer and most of them were young signings that need game time to develop which they got and really started to show what they could do in the second half of the season.

Ramos picked up 36 goals and Garai 29 in there debut season i'm looking forward to see if they can improve on that this season.

Screenshot_59.pngScreenshot_60.png

Screenshot_61.png

5th placed finish in the league behind a top 4 that all hit 90 points plus which is crazy thats league winning totals.

Semi finals of the Spanish Cup losing to seans Sabadell who were a bit of a bogey team last season.

And adding another trophy and champions league qualifications we won the Euro Cup for the second time in 3 years.

On to the summer and i had another measly budget 1.8million with only 35% of any sales although i didnt want to make too many changes this year i had to sell to bring anyone in so out went my best cb Segarel for 20mill rising to 25 mill and our long standing rb Fabrico for 12 mill which funded the move for hopefully our new start striker Aliprantis.

Screenshot_63.pngScreenshot_62.png

Aims for this season have to be to get closer to the top 4 hopefully breaking into it 

A good champions league run and hopefully a cup win.

La Liga

Not much of a post coming up as I was away for most of the season. The assistant manager did a pretty good job of managing the team during my absence, keeping up in the top 4 and several points clear of 5th place. Upon my return, our form took a slight increase and we began to rack up the goals in the league.  A late challenge for 3rd (and then 2nd) place became my focus as we crashed out of Europe to Gilly's Barca and had already lost in the Spanish Cup. It was very nearly a 2nd place finish for the lads, but then Jonas turned on the style and came back from 2 goals down during the final game of the season. When all's said and done, it was another decent season with nothing remarkable to write home about. I remain hopeful that the side can now challenge for honours this coming season as the wonderkids are another year older and more experienced. 

Cups & Europe

As mentioned, my assistant manager took charge of all my cup games and decided they weren't worth playing the full side in, resulting in our early-ish exit. I, however, deem the cup a worthy trophy of winning and will be going all out to win something, anything in the remaining seasons!

Transfer Window

As you can see from the screenshot below, it was a very productive window as the board decided it was time to back me in the market. Before this, I had to live within my means, buying to sell and general bargain hunting that would have 'arry Redknap proud. There was, admittedly, the occasional £10m extra thrown in from the board, but my business generally relied solely on which players the AI fancied picking in that window. Then came my decision to buy very little one year and save some budget, which the board allowed to effectively roll over to the next window, adding a cheeky £60m on top. Cue the spending on dream targets that I'd had my eye on for fair while and we suddenly found ourselves with a much stronger side.

595166500c786_ScreenshotatJun2620-45-03.thumb.png.295896d2548403c19336564da798f98f.png

Stand-Out Performers

Of those dream signings, Makengo shone last season with a respectable 23 goals and 9assists in 36 games. He has a buyout clause of £60m and isn't interested in talking new contracts right now, so I have my fingers crossed that clubs will deem that price to expensive.

5951662aa32ec_ScreenshotatJun2620-38-59.thumb.png.fd24ec54fee8b822f8b84a6a4056a903.png

The other play I feel compelled to post about is a player with bags of potential, but lacked attributes in areas that would have seen him on the fringes of the side if played in his favoured AMC position due to the strength we currently have there. After retraining Abdoulaye Seye him to RWB, he has excelled despite his tackling and marking leaving much to be desired. I am hopeful that his defensive attributes continue to rise rapidly alongside his crossing. I'm not too worried about his dribbling, as I am training him to use his pace and knock the ball past his opponent, a trait I feel he'll excel at with his good first touch and great technique. 

59516640b934d_ScreenshotatJun2620-41-46.thumb.png.f39f2545d47d29dd33fa7db979849c28.png

SFC.png.7ea412ada0897a08b288a0dbffe8c07a.thumb.png.6090b726786bbf482c2699191999627a.png

Season 2028-2029

Vukovic (Bournemounth), Antonia Maria (Valencia), Juan Luis Campos (Zaragoza),

Players who left out on loan:

Moses Garba (Leganes), Alex Marcos (AS Monaco), Juan Ramon (Girona), Patrick Kone (Numacia),  Jose Antonio Menudo (Toledo), Ljubomir Todorovic (Elche)

Dailos Diaz (Levante), Simone Iannini (Romagna Centro), Jorge Valero (Loan - Leicester), Rodolfo Reguero (Loan - PSG), Andoni Aguirre (Loan - PSG), Carlos Teixeira (Loan - FC Lorient), Alpha Bayo (Elite-Foot)

26f324acb572e0388e791a6e0d7b0980.thumb.png.ccddd5be689f63cd3629b434c4a6e8ce.png

Pre-Season Fixtures:

Aves, Sprimont, Vit. Setubal, Gubbio, Valencia, Viktoria Plzen, San Lorenzo

89b62b90eed39ffb7e3072bf4f183269.thumb.png.40c584802cd08e9c6513c776b575984b.png

Youth Facilities:

The board have planned to upgrade the youth for 4M.

Season:

We had a great start with 3 wins in a row, but after that it was up and down. We stayed in mid-table of the league for almost the entire season, but at the end team felt short and even had to battle too not get relegation after beating At. Bilbao (3-0) we secure to stay up in the First division.

Malaga VS. Sevilla (0-2)
Huelva VS. Sevilla (0-1)
Sevilla VS. At. Madrid (2-1)
Sevilla VS. Malaga (2-0)
Sevilla VS. At. Bilbao (3-0)

Still building sevilla to be an mid-table team with the opportunity the give youth a chance to play first team football ( Average age of team this year "21" ).
For sure every year we would like to progesse and move up the table each year to gain European football again and become once again the Sevilla who won several times the UEFA Cup.

Until next time .....

• 3 weeks later...

Jamie - Llagostera

LLago.png.e22b70df286a6996fd1e0564fff01a02.png

Finally we got off to a flying start in the league challenging for the title for 3/4 of the season before our key player for the season Ramos got injured and on his return he never got going again and his form along with the team declined rapidly.

Screenshot_69.thumb.png.94036095e79515ce197bd60d1d262288.pngScreenshot_70.thumb.png.9bf74c90a3dac361d8dfe50290246a8a.pngScreenshot_71.thumb.png.f7a0d5d82d7e688e8ed9923ab30d9c87.png

But still 3rd place is a huge achievement for us qualifying for the champions league through the league for the first time breaking into the top 4.

In the champions league we went out in the quarter finals to Arsenal we just didn't show up in either leg and struggled to score goals.

Spanish cup we went out in the Quarters also to Barca 3-2 on agg in a close game leaving us trophy less for the first season in a while.

Summer window 

Screenshot_67.thumb.png.51812ef938408eab47b57fe6ae40bb46.png

Budgets finally increasing with regular champions league and new ground completed but the type of player to improve my team now are costly so i spent most of my budget on a loanee i had last season beating off Barca who were keen to steal him Luiz i think he will be a key player in the next few seasons here.

Screenshot_68.thumb.png.3445f864f439f0c523c939cdacf60644.png

That limited what else i could do so i have trimmed squad down and brought in a few high potential loans to bolster the squad.

This season is going to be tough the other guys have spent well and teams look so strong i think top 4 would be massive again and hopefully sneak a trophy in somewhere.

ucam.jpg

UCAM bouncing back?

We came into this season after our worst season in a long time, where we only just managed to stay up with 2 games to go, finishing 4 measely points above the relegation zone. It was our worst season since being promoted...

0W9tE7O6R_6xN321qVGmKg.png

One of the things I'm proud of achieving with UCAM is taking the club from bankrupt to status of "Rich", but despite this, we barely have a remotely decent transfer budget and wage budget compared to the other clubs in the league, which makes it difficult for us to take the next step up - in fact, we went backwards the previous season because of this... Therefore, I knew I had to sell, if I wanted to bring in any players, as we didn't have any room in the wage budget and we didn't have any money to buy them for.

t2mzMMAdQ1SGnPqlT-Uusw.png

Out went the without a doubt best midfielder I had left in my team, Oscar Gomez, a player who previously had the label of wonderkid... I agreed to sell him for 15M, as I at the time was gonna get to keep 90% of the money for the transfer budget, but my board had other plans in mind. After we switched seasons and the money came, the board adjusted everything, so I didn't get a cent from the transfer into my transfer budget. This basically ruined our preseason and transfer window, as we had now lost our best midfielder and couldn't replace him.  And my biggest goal for the window had actually been that I wanted a class AMC.

So I had to act smart, in came a cheap signing from Tottenham, Connor Monelle, who had decent enough stats, but wasn't by far a star, and in came a few loans from Fulham, Juventus and Liverpool for width. The aging star Kennedy was also brought in.

For the defence, I was after the same as always, a DL... But as I also wound up selling my star DR, I had to bring in a new DR as well... So in came Horn as a sub for DL and Berge for DR in the winter window.

In the winter window, we also finally got what I hope will turn out to be our next star in our attack, Bösch...

Unfortunately, the window wasn't great for us, and we were still hurting from the poor season we had before. Our midfield was being reinvented on the second season going now, and I was struggling to find the right players that fit well together. Especially the right player for AMC.

2EehtvGPRJyatAeQbvzqrQ.png

My "star" Lindberg Ottesen has also declined a lot after we sold our best AMC's a few seasons back... After his two good seasons with 30 and 25 league goals, he's been down to 17 and 14 now...

Right, on to the season...

ocsaIZ86QXa6OhDZDiwVdQ.png

The first half of the season was very mixed... Things had definetely improved compared to the season before, as we weren't losing as many games, and most of the ones we lost were against the heavy-hitters in the league. But it was concerning how many draws we had. One position thing though, was that we seemed to have sorted some of our defensive worries from previous seasons. By all means, my defence wasn't amazing, but somehow we seemed to concede at lot less than previously, but in the other end, we weren't scoring as many as a few seasons ago.

kSE-pz26TFOVrwVq2oMV6g.png

As so many times before, we hit a bad run in the start of the second half of the season... Unfortunately, this run came when we were playing the semifinal of the cup, and we went out, undeservingly, to Albacete... We were the best team, and we actually deserved a win there... After our bad run, we hit a decent streak to round off the season and get a decent 11th spot. This was a vast improvement of our previous season, where we were struggling for the entire season.

However, the hard work starts now. We've clawed our way back to being a contender for top 10. If we want to stay there, we need to have our best window since going up, as we need to strengthen all areas except for my GK, but we have minimal finances to do it.

S A B A D E L L

--------------------------

This was to be a season of pulling my hair out in truth, probably the worst iv felt since taking over Sabadell another budget of 0 another year of losing quality players, another year of having to sell to buy, so in short it was poor this was also the worst we had started a league campaign since I begun, I at one stage was fearing for my job heads where down, morale was gone and injuries creeping in left right and centre and even when we did actually turn up to play we had 30+ shots and drew 0-0! we also had a game 32 shots to 2 and drew 2-2 and my good man Gilly said ' that was the worst one iv seen ' this was a season that was not fun at all for me! there wasn't up's and downs for a long stretch of time there was just kicking in the man sack, kicking a man where it hurts when down! but we changed little bits and bobs and kicked back, and found ourselves in the top four, which if u ask me, after my start was quite good!

we done ok in the champions league we where quite unlucky to meet Chelsea in the knockout rounds, we gave them a great run for their money it just so happened that they scored late on in the game to grab a crucial away goal that seen them go through, which was harsh as I completely dominated the match and up until this goal I was going through, but that again was no surprise giving the events of the season.

After doing the hard work of beating Barcelona 1-0 away in the Spanish cup semi final I had to only win or draw at home to secure my spot in the final, but we sadly lost 2-1 his team is a nightmare can do what he wants and spend what he wants the power within that club is unbelievable and my team are no match for them yet sadly, we can always give good accounts of ourselves and I have belief in my ability as a manager in this game its just sometimes you get overpowered by greater players on the pitch and there isn't much u can do about it, u need to have a great day they need to have a mediocre day.

This window  - Lost my best striker for a whopping fee of 99 million, and my best CM to Barcelona and my best CB to Barcelona, I didn't have to sell the CB but he was running late  on contract and was asking for close to 300k per week Gilly made me an offer that was to good to refuse for my club given these circumstances.

^ with this I had money to burn, but I had lost 3 world class players ' wold class according to the game and myself ' easily my 3 best in each position so as much as having money was fun we had to spend it wisely, sadly for us tho there was no real class out there for decent money, I had to add depth not just 3 replacements so I invested in young players, a fair few young players and got myself a class RB THE JUAN AND ONLY that I have been craving for a while.

596cf212d88ad_StillSACURE.png.ba8f584137c1b49801c2bb277efebfb4.png596cf2668caca_ndojycharacter.thumb.png.42f6dbebc67f7b2f9b5a4d6cea99e374.png

BA HUMBUG MY NEW BEST CB!! DOWNGRADED FROM LOUSA, AND IM STILL SECURE WOO.

SFC.png.7ea412ada0897a08b288a0dbffe8c07a.thumb.png.6090b726786bbf482c2699191999627a.png

Season 2029-2030

Pedro Ramirez ( Inter 7M ), Alberto Sanz ( LOSC 4,7M ), Cicero ( At. Madrid 3,5M ), Ismael Garcia ( Koln 2,7M ) and others

Younes Cavelier ( Cadiz ), Faber Mosquera ( Angers ), Touré ( Lugo ), Tetteh ( Espanyol ), Irogyen ( Oviedo ) and others

Engin Gultekin ( Fenerbahce ), Abdou Mane ( OM ), Fabian Martinez ( Medellin ), Kevin Arias ( Medellin ), Mauricio Mendez ( Millonarios ) and others

7f440d1fc7e3a3beff72b60f5151c0be.thumb.png.1116f233991ba4a0dfc22c8c60738ca5.pngb780921865de117e5f4dd1616dd436f7.thumb.png.83704dc14ae41b24fcf91d40aa7efb8f.png

Pre-Season Fixtures:

FC Midtjylland, Strasbourg, Sedan, Louhans, FC Mulhouse, Nacional de Madeira, Espanyol

7f440d1fc7e3a3beff72b60f5151c0be.thumb.png.aa3635372f39e14ada6bfced95a19f37.png

Youth Facilities:

The board have planned to upgrade Training Facilities for 6M.

Season:

We've played a stable season maintaining all season long in midtable and finished the season at 9th place.

Sevilla VS. R. Madrid (1-0)
Sevilla VS. Sabadell (1-0)
Sevilla VS. A. Bilbao (2-0)
Sevilla VS. U. Murcia (2-0)
Villarreal VS. Sevilla (0-2)
Sevilla VS. Huelva (2-1)

Still building sevilla to be an mid-table team with the opportunity the give youth a chance to play first team football.

Until next time .....

Stuart - Valencia 

So again with things going on outside of the game i was not able to start the season with Valencia and my ass man did a number on me and i was sacked lol. Lucky for me the lads had no issue with me taking Valencia over once again, Maybe because they were also 2nd bottom and in a world of hurt. 

Anyway down to business, i took the side over just before we got into Jan and the side had scored 12 goals up till that point but only let in 21. So the problem was simple ship out all the wingers and forward line and bring in better, trouble is doing that in 30 days is no easy thing. I scouted hard and found some good players, i went back to England and looked for listed players who could do a real damage in this league. i went for speed power and found 2 very good strikers Chris Austin and a lad from PSG called Stef Sterckx who kept me up by the skin of my teeth. without them 2 players i would of been down and playing in the b league. We did lose alot of games but we were able to pick up big wins at the right time and at the end of the season won 3 of of our last 4 that saw us over the line. The board want a playoff place this season and if Drama outside of the game stay away and i get a full season in with Valencia then i might just be able to give the board what they want. 

1dzexk.png

6if9dj.png

33csvt3.png

20fz4hx.png

xefqkp.png

Season ahead 

Well were in the summer window right now and ive had a good one, Signed one very good players for next to nothing. the window is still going on but i hope to add a couple more so i have the right cover. The Aim is the playoffs its what the board want and a club this size should be the top half of the tablle anyway not in 123 fighting it out so wish me luck. 

La Liga

Another season without a trophy, but another step closer to the ridiculous talent that is Gilly's Barcelona. It's hard to keep pushing your side to the limit, knowing that the juggernaught above can attract the top tier talent at the drop of a hat, but keep pushing we must do. The league itself was an interesting one. We started off a few points behind 1st and 2nd, as it looked like it was going to be a two horse race for the title between Jamie's Llagostera and Barca. As the season drew to a close however, Jamie's side dropped off, mainly due to a key injury, and we took up the mantle of providing an unlikely challenge. At one point, we were as close as three points to the Catalan side, but they ended up winning pretty much all of their remaining fixtures to draw any title bid on part to a close. I can't complain though really. The best season here for a while and the area that needed addressing has been addressed, as will be reported below in the transfer section of my post.

Cups & Europe

The board don't deem the cup useful, and therefore neither do I. It's always nice to challenge for honours, but until I sort out my tactic to give humans a game, it's almost pointless going up against them in one off matches. Europe was a different story, however. Despite being the better side, we went out to PSG who seemed to have a magnet pulling the ball away from their net. I wasn't the only one to fall foul to them this season either, as Gilly went out to them in the following round. 

Transfer Window

So far so good. In come two very good centrebacks the right side of 25 and with room to improve. The area of my side that needed the most work (the defensive areas) has been built upon and we now have real class behind the midfield players. With a LB who looks as though he has great potential and a solid right back, our weakest area is now on the wings, but this is also being addressed this window, so fingers crossed I will have a properly balanced side going into the remaining seasons.

596cfe2440b18_LuisViafara.thumb.png.273b1fd5eb5e81c37a21d7f40b909f42.png596cfed1c26c8_KazumaMuro.thumb.png.aafdfea907da112355c057c810c3e01b.png

Stand-Out Performers

Four player stood out this season. Seker, in his new role as captain, maintained the good form that has seen him become the first name on the team sheet.  Markovski has developed into a solid CB with room for growth. My scouts rate him highly, but I'm not convinced by his jumping. Like Seker, Jouve has been here a while and continued to impress and Irigoyen has been a bit of a surprise, having been bought with the hope that he might come good, but not necessarily the expectation that he would. He has proved me wrong and improved immensely, which suggests to me that his potential his higher than I first thought.

596cff4b44710_TevfikSeker.thumb.png.80db4ef83967ba450f47937531b300b8.png596cff5159b1e_StefanMarkovski.thumb.png.5cbeb49bc1fdb7ffa0da3ca63862ad15.png

596cff590eaef_MattheiuJouve.thumb.png.0f2c54ffa3abd2af14f52f1b4e137b46.png596cff67a84d4_NicolasIrigoyen.thumb.png.56a8d0533df4290365452e540d7cb678.png

9ghnbd.jpg

BARCA CONTINUE TO DOMINATE

A good season for Barca with 5 trophys heading to the cabinet. The league was always the most important and the hardest to win, Lagostera provided stiff opposition in the first half of the season and Recreativo in the second half. Barca held firm though and kept up a narrow lead throughout the season eventually pushing on in the final weeks. The cup was won with relative ease as was the club world cup, and the 2 supercups. the champions league was somewhat of a disappointment and the fact that It was PSG who won the semi final will leave a bitterness in Barcas mouth as they had stole away there star striker for 116 million after activating his release clause.

211vy9g.jpg

29cx8i1.jpg

The Barca first team wasn't the only team to cover itself in Glory this year, The B team and the under 19s also won there respective leagues which is an amazing achievement in itself considering the quality in these leagues. the under 19s had the league wrapped up by Christmas and many of these players have been promoted into the b team with star strikers popovic and knoester scoring over 70 goals between them they will be hoping to make the step up to the first team soon.

11wgc4l.jpg

STAR PERFORMERS

Barca has many stars and the team prides itself on being able too attract world class talent but this seasons star performers have too be world class centre back Manuel Rescaldini and Cristiano Viega. Rescaldini is a rock who makes few mistakes he improves every year and I would say he is probably the best all round centre backing in the world at this point in time. Viega too falls into that world class bracket, one of the first signings Akinbiyi brought into Barca the player has settled well and despite his huge fee he has played well enough too merit it. he scores great goals provides assists and tackle's hard, everything u want in a midfielder.

293d4xz.jpg

2zrg7br.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sabadell !!!  CHAMPIONEEES !! :p 

well this season was a turn up for the books, probably one I was most worried about losing Lousa, Shmidt and Vieri three key players in my team and recruiting young players, but these young players proved to be determined and hungry for success, not only did we win the league but we done in it a bit of style as well, 94 points was the highest we have got, to say I'm ecstatic would be a massive understatement with so many sharks in the water sometimes its unthinkable that u can swim with them, but we paddled like a mofo and did the city of Sabadell very proud.

In other news! we reached both semi's of the Spanish cup and the champions league this is a season I will savour for a while, folk might say they missed and to be fair they did they missed a fair bit, but my team this year was another animal and the 94 points mark proved that, the hard part now is trying to maintain that, I reckon this year is going to be tough, I need everything to fall into place and my board to finally say hey we trust u here is some money go improve the team.

We sold our best AMC to Gilly, I'm practically his feeder club, or as we at Sabadell call it, the planter of moles lol their all there undercover to fluff him over lol but nah we lost our AMC who was a little gem to say the least, we haven't really replaced him as yet, and we need another CB my worry is without the same players we lose some momentum from last season and if we are going to re-do what we done this year we will need every last bit of momentum on our side.

LLago.png.0d9a9e56684160ba0fcdb34059cda188.png

Jamie - Llagostera

Screenshot_73.thumb.png.954f2a91d86925b1c2c07e6f13b0b964.pngScreenshot_74.thumb.png.04fa87495a1250dfebbf7d6b936d815b.pngScreenshot_75.thumb.png.00c0264ae0046fb504a71bcfd4cd2a3b.png

Another positive season at Llago we moved into our new 25k seater stadium and continued improvements in the league getting closer to the league winners each season and just like last season we were in the top 2 for 3/4 of the season before a late drop off of form saw us drop to 4th place.

We did manage some silverware with a win over Gillys Barca in the spanish cup final in a one sided 2-1 win missing two pens and an open goal which should have made the scoreline much wider.

Summer Window

Screenshot_72.thumb.png.41e8305d04342eafb29fb57a99adf1f0.png

We started the window with a measly 3 million budget so the sales began again to fund the summer window.

Out went most of the fringe members of the squad with the priority of the summer was to sign last seasons loan cam Phillips on a permanent deal but that turned out to be a costly deal spaced out over 3 years costing us a club record 54 million but at 19 years old he scored 10 goals in his debut season and looks like he could be  a top player for us in the next few seasons.

Screenshot_78.thumb.png.0bc919c11705f43cceb7170fa189a9da.png

In raising the cash i sold my key center back and club captain Klimovich promoting Sosa a young wonder kid center back i had loaned out until close to the end of last season where i brought him in to the team with a view to replace Klimovich for the new season but as the window was about to close Chelsea came in and payed his buy out clause of 42 million ruining my defensive plans for the season.

Screenshot_81.thumb.png.135b9fc3f951c27c553d6b0a140b83c6.png

Losing Sosa so late in the window i didn't have the funds to replace him quickly so i called back another wonder kid i had out on loan into the squad as cover 

Screenshot_80.thumb.png.1f5ece56b8b4c764f143fa157fef7105.png

He needs some work in some important areas but has done ok when called upon so far.

New Season Plans

Plans for the new season is to once again hold our top 4 position and to develop the young team we have for the new season further and if we can pick up a trophy along the way that will be a bonus and one of the main things i want to improve on this season is our form at human teams especially away from home a few seasons ago we lost once to a human all season if we can get back to that form then winning the league could be a possibility.

Screenshot_79.png

v5x07r.jpg

A SEASON OF STRUGGLE FOR BARCA

It was a tough season for Akinbiyi and Barca, the barca manager found him self on the wrong end of a bogus drug charge and spent 6 months on remand instead of in the dugout where he was sorely missed. The newspapers have had there say but it seems a rival manager had made up a rumour about the barca manager and then planted a criminal amount of ketamine in his office after an unruly party got out of hand.

efguw9.jpg

The barca manager however refused to hide behind his absence and blamed a lack of team cohesion and effort in big games behind his teams predicament. The league table didn't lie and barca fell short of there previous seasons accomplishments. the team failed in the league lost in the cup final and went out too man u in the champions league semi finals to be honest Akinbiyi is lucky to still be In a job.

e81fzo.jpg

The manager can look on his past achievements as probably what saved him and this will be a huge season ahead for the team the staff and Akinbiyi....................

• Stuart - Valencia 

A season to remember for me and my Valencia side. after a good summer window we kicked on big time, pace up in key areas saw me top 2 for most of the season. It was alot harder to get out of the league this time around as we had Andy and Alis B side to take on and i made a big error by playing my trusted 442 away to Gills barca B side who ran riot over me and i lost 9-0!!! and i was sitting in 2nd at the time, it proved that tho i was strong on the league i was nowhere close to where these b sides were so a new formation was needed. i swap things about and started playing a 433 with dm and this worked really well, i was more solid and less open at the back. tho losing 9-0 to Andy's B side was not nice to watch it was the best thing that could of happen in a way as it made me thing about how far off i was from the guys in the top league. Getting towards the end of the season we had abit of a wobble but a beating Ali's B side was a massive win for me and winning key games kept me in 2nd going into the last game of the season against Andys B side. After taking the beating at his place i set up with a 433 counter, i knew his side would come at me but by now i had full trust in my system and went out to kick the holly hell out of his side while sitting deep and hitting him on the counter. It worked a treat and i got my own back with a 4-1 win in that sent me and Valencia back into the big time where we belong.  Below is how my season went, the 9-0 is still hard viewing lol. 

SUMMER WINDOW 

After the season was over i needed a whole new side, like a said the 9-0 had stuck with me and i knew if i had any chance then i would need a clean out and rebuild my side, i always go about a rebuild from the back, i made a deal with Jamie and Andy for 2 of there players a right back and center half, this took alot of my money up but it was good business as i did get them on the cheap and i thank my fellow players for the help they gave me on them deals. I loaned a player from sean a center midfielder who is working out well and then went back to andy for a striker who i was able to sign on loan but will sign him to a contact of i stay up. The rest of my deals were done in the free market and this took alot of time and effort but they have settled in well and i am hoping for a solid season. 

SEASON AHEAD. 

The board just want to stay up so the pressure is off me in that respect but i like to challange myself so my aim is a top 10 finish and maybe even Europa league place as i have a good side now who are a hard nut to crack as has been seen so far into the season. We are only 5 games into it but we have won 3 drew 1 lost 1 and that was a 1-0 away loss to Sean so no shame there. I have only let in 2 goals but only scored 6 lol and 3 was in 1 game. Everything i do this season starts from the back, thats where im strong and that's how i am going to go about my season. It wont be good on the eye and like sean said to me come out your own half, but i know if i do then ill get a wacking and a 9-0 is not what i wanna see so its a case of keep it tight chase down everything and if you want to leave you foot in from time to time then do so. 

Well that's you update on my season. till next time

La Liga

The usual from my side in the league. A bit of a title challenge, but never close enough to really worry 1st place. There were times when Sean (this season's champions) glanced nervously at our good form, but we never occupied the top position. As I say in pretty much ever post, I will look to challenge for the league next season, but my real problem is my performances against the human lads. We dropped way too many points last season at home and away to every human (except Sean funnily enough), which I have calculated to have been the largest factor in our lack of a serious challenge. That said, in any network game that we have run in previous years with us consistently scoring in the 85+ point mark, as well as 90+ goals, we would most likely have won at least one league. It's a testament to the managerial strength in this game. Whilst it took as a bit longer than usual to dominate the domestic league (we being the human managers as a collective), we now occupy the top four positions every season and any one of us could win the league. It certainly makes our job harder at Recreativo, as any slip up is severely punished.

Cups & Europe

Well, despite a good, but not great, showing in La Liga, we put up a much better fight in the Champions League, beating Sean's Sabadell and a number of top AI teams to reach the final against Man Utd. The final itself was pretty cagey to begin with, but we began to exert some well thought out pressure, whilst making sure no risks were taken. We were playing the better football and not letting Utd have much time on the ball. There was no need to push the boat out so to speak and we ended up taking a fairly comfortable victory. Two times Champions of Europe. The first time i've been able to say that on any network game. 

Transfer Window

Not much change needed personnel wise. I sold one player and bought another. Probably an improvement in quality with the new lad, but a different type of wingback. To cover the holes in the side this season, I've promoted a couple of players from the B side, who had a successful campaign again, and will give them a chance in the 1st time. 

Season 2030-2031

Alex Pena (Brentford - 1,4M), Abdou Mane (Malaga 4,4M), Francisco Javier Rios (Stoke - 950K) and others.

Faber Mosquera (Cordoba), Victor Lopez (Getafe), Juan Pedro Morales (Leonesa), Sidney Monteiro (Chaves) and others

Jorge Valencia (Deportivo Cuenca - 1,1M), Mohamed Magdy (El Masry - 250K), Jesus Olivares  (Empoli - 1,3M), Moustapha Sene (Aspire International - 325K) and others

d174425d736f24eb3947161a480227e4.thumb.jpg.385bb90b0b0a9f9cfed9154483149914.jpg

Pre-Season Fixtures:

IR Tanger, Leiria, Penafiel, Spakenburg, Motherwell, Aberdee, Rio Ave, Espanyol

2734634075d4eeda678f1ccb73c3ac51.thumb.png.2992a2ccbcc290d60b0255fc80b3e45d.png

Youth Facilities:

The board have planned to upgrade Youth & Training Facilities for 10M.

Season:

We've played a stable season maintaining all season long in midtable and finished the season at 9th place.

Still building sevilla to be an mid-table team with the opportunity the give youth a chance to play first team football.

Until next time .....

Archived