PGC: The Spanish Inquisition for FM17

Pastures New

After a turbulent season at Hercules, where I endured endless board meetings and bombing out the playoffs after a 3rd place finish. I decided to jump before I was pushed. The relationship with the board became toxic. It was time to go. In a strategic move I rocked up at UCAM. A team from Murcia est in 1999 this young club is ambitious and I think is a more realistic adventure in which I can mould them into a side which will be able to travel up the leagues. 

Matt Pawlik_  Inbox.png

With a decent wage budget and a squad assembled ready to compete I have lower expectations from a board who are realistic compared to the morons who run Hercules. Lets have a closer look at UCAM.

UCAM Murcia C.F._ Finances Summary.png

Finances are not great but at this level we defo have a bit of spending power. Which I'll be able to utilise to get out the league and then launch my attack in Liga 123. 

UCAM Murcia C.F._  Profile.png

The club is a bit of a renegade compared to the big neighbours up the road. But with Murcia being such a big city there is scope to become a massive club and a force in Spain and it's something I am relishing this season.

Transfers

UCAM Murcia C.F._  Transfer History.png

I been a busy boy. But I really think I got enough to compete at this level and maybe in the league above. Managed to raise a bit of money and I'm well under budget in case I need to go again in January.

Star Players

Vullnet Basha_ Overview Profile.png

A full Albanian International this guy is the heartbeat of my team. And I'm really glad I've managed to keep hold of his during the window.

Borys Tashchy_ Overview Profile-2.png

Big Borys is a monster. I think he can pull up tree's at this level. Plucked from Stuttgart reserves I'm expecting big things this season. As he will be integral to how I play. With his work rate I can press from the front and establish my pressing style on the division. 

Summary

With Cordoba in my league and the ***** up the road. It could be very competitive. But I think I got enough about the squad to make a serious challenge. With the crazy playoff system at the end of the season, I need to be prepared for all eventualities. But the aim is to get out this league and try and get up the ladder. UCAM present a really interesting project. And I got a good feeling about this team. A lot of things were learnt at Hercules and now I'm ready to go that one step further and gain promotion, and start showing these other muppets who the real deal is round here ;) ... In all seriousness, the competition is really stiff so hopefully this season I can kick on and manage to get promotion. 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TOLEDO

After a short spell at Cartagena, Toledo gave me the chance to redeem myself.
The only demand they gave me is to avoid relegation.

tol_Toledo_CD.jpg

351d4cf57562468e8cc27c3f7852a4d8.png

In the mid-season break and transfer window we couldn't do much, because of the financial crisis.
So i all my concentration went to re-organisation of the club.

I dropped the wage from 230K a month to 180K.

Also i brought some staff from my home country to join me for this challenge.
3d68bc326d8d4303a426eee57a0e90b9.png

d111e932b899465cb2f4fc703bdafcfe.png

eed694b51c9141e98327a87b828ba413.png

We fought hard and we achieved to avoid relegation.

0b9f38b41ac0423087bca0406e01cfac.png

We finished the season 15th and we can now continue to build.

For the summer i will be working close with my scouting cell, to find players who can strength my squad in several postions.

Also the staff members will grow so we will have a great staff, to give the best advice and training to the Toledo players.

Following players joined Toledo in the summer:

xxxxxxx.png

Staff Season 2017-2018

ZZZZ.png

THE HISTORY – NEW TO THE GAME

INTRODUCTION

Well first my name is "Jay Addlesee", and I am 36 yrs of age and I’m from Lincoln in the UK.

THE GAME

Well how long have I been playing Football Manager? Well it dates back to the original Championship Manager series dated back in 1995.

Why am I still playing……?

It's because of the love I have for the game as a whole, football has been an important part of my life growing from a very young age, the Game has given me the opportunity to meet and make many friends from playing online. I enjoy playing online against the various different levels of competitions thus the reason for me joining this new "PGC - European Adventures".

THE CLUB

My 1st hard decision to make was in picking the team I wanted to manage, from the shortlist of clubs that I had chosen, I eventually plucked for SD Ponferradina of Spain in Segunda Division B1.

PONFERRADINA CLUB INFO

As you can see a club with a fairly good reputation outside of the top Spanish La Liga’s League with vast potential.

Unfortunately with a lack of resources the currently playing squad wasn’t added too and as the results below show.

PONFERRADINA FIXTURES

THE SACK

Unfortunately due to the clubs poor on field results I was given my marching orders by the board at the beginning of December. I do feel that given more time I would have changed the club fortunes.

PGC - THE NEXT STEP

So where would my next step in management be?

Well after some consideration I decided to take over at Real Jean in Segunda Division B4. I decided to start in the lower Spanish leagues to get a foothold within the game and come to terms with the reality of what life is like for the inexperienced and less qualified managers.

REAL  JAEN CLUB INFO

Real Jaen a small club with a similar reputation as SD Ponferradina but in the lower depths of the Segunda pyramid structure, a hard but interesting challenge ahead with a media prediction of 4th place for the season and with insecure finances left from the previous manager’s regime.

REAL JAEN CLUB HONOURS

A brief overview of the club honours are stated above, with time I hope to add to this list.

REAL JAEN THE JOURNEY?

Unfortunately due to the lack of funds available and the squad that I had inherited it was tough times ahead for Real Jaen from December through to the end of the season in April. The team wasn’t playing well and with no confidence the results didn’t lie, with only 4 victories to note from taking over the club I knew it would be hard to expect a new contract and be in control of the club come the start of the new 17/18 season.

REAL JAEN FIXTURES

THE PREDICTABLE

Due to the clubs poor results my contract wasn’t renewed and I was shown the door.

SEASON 16/17 OVERVIEW

Well a season truly to forget, with 2 clubs managed I had certainly had a few bad experiences and learned that management in the lower leagues of Spain were going to be very tough. With these bad experiences that I had gone through and was even more determine that the new 17/18 season that lay ahead with which ever club was going to be better than the last.

Screenshot_45_zpsdzlhwo1y.png

AKINBIYI HITS BACK

it was always going to be more than a simple cup tie for the Ponferridina manager. Akinbiyi had never hidden his feelings about his absurd sacking last year and with the two clubs meeting in the cup this year the manager had a quick opportunity too set things right against his old club. With Ade deciding not too speak too the media before the game it was hard to tell if it was nerves or a plan too keep the players minds on the game and not the occasion. Whatever it was........ It worked.

Screenshot_43_zpscakf29vm.png   Screenshot_44_zpsuslkle25.png

With near total domination and a great goal from superstar defender Oscar Gill Ponferridina secured the win and progression too the next round. The manager was understandably over the moon with the win but played down his own part in the victory -

" Amazing... what a performance our players played there hearts out they played for each other and for the fams the chairman and for me.... I wanted this Murcia treated me poorly so I wanted too show them what they are missing out on, to be fair its chalk and cheese this is a great club I work for just now with great fans and a chairman who works with me and not against me.....I couldn't be happier. "

Ponferridina have been rewarded with a home tie against the mighty Valencia in the next round and will be looking too securing there playoff spot in the next few games.

Stuart - Albacete  33c4sj5.jpg

Half way though the season so though i would give you all an update on how ive done. And like we all know FM can change in a heart beat and thats the case with me and my side. From being out of contract and 1 game away from the sack the board like what they saw over the summer window and backed me by giving me a new 2 year deal. They were still upset with how last season went but gave me a chance that i have taken with both hands, as we now sit top and clear by 4 points. We had a wobble losing to Jonas and then away to Ejido But a 3-2 away win against 4th place Merida has seen me keep the chasing back at arms reach for now!

1zx7cb4.png

2cqjfqw.png

It was a long drawn out summer that took a long time to get though but in that time i was able to make some very good signings, some where risky, No more so than the FONZ AKA Nathan Delfouneso. A player that has dropped like stone and ending up being let go by swindon The Fonz was snapped up on a free and his wages were only 1.7k per week. Knowing that he is not going to get you 20+ a season he was brought to play as a inside forward and boy does he like playing there.7 goals and 6 assists has seen him finally injoying his football again. I also added another strike called Marc Nierga. He was brought to hold the line and get me the goals i needed to win this league, and so far he as not let me down with a cool 13 goals in 19 games, and him and the Fonz are causing all kinds of trouble for teams. below i a full run down of my summer business 

2djnfio.png

30xilxc.png

118prht.png

We have now made it to the Winter window and my rise has brought unwanted eyes to my side. With 4 key players wanted by bigger clubs i bid came in for 1m for my best Center half. With the debt at my club at all time high and the player having a release of 1.2m it was a offer i couldn't turn down. I was able to get a 30% sell on so it did soften the blow, tho i wont see any of that money as he has all gone on keeping the debt down. 

33f49qc.png

I was able to bring in a Striker on on loan to help Nierga out with. His name is Juan munzo and he comes from Sevilla. I will need a new Center half before the widow closes as the sale of mine has left me a little short at the back. i can only offer 350 a week so who ever comes in wont be stop the press type signing. 

xpzyu8.jpg

Well that's that. Fingers crossed my next post will me winning the playoffs and going up against the bigger boys. 

Till next time 

Stuart - Albacete  33c4sj5.jpg

What a season, What a come back, From being one game away from the sack to Segunda B champions is the stuff of dreams. In my last report i was top of the league and clear by 4 points. I was able to hold off all commers second half of the season and tho i drew alot of games i won the key ones  that got me the league, But what was to come will go down in club history. 

After Winning the league we knew that only half the job was done, To add to the Playoffs we got JAEN! The team that has sacked me. I wanted this bad and it almost cost me. We was away for the 1st leg and i set up on the counter, this worked so well 1st half then i got bold, to bold really and a shocking error by my keeper who miss kicked the ball straight to there main striker saw me go 1 down , a couple of moments later it was 2-0 and my season was in tatters. I went back to how i started the game and it ended 2-0. It was a uphill task to pull this back but my home form the past 2 FMS has been nothing but outstanding and i needed to show it one last time. 

I didn't mess about in the 2nd leg 4231 we went Attacking with full backs pushing on. We got a goal just before half time that set us up nicely. The 2nd half Jaen were sitting in deep so when 60 min mark came i went for it. Overload with everyone pushing on, i had a corner and only the goalkeeper was in his own half for it lol. We hit the bar and there keeper was in good form, but then the pressure paid off, PEN! all minds go back to Sean as he had a pen in the 2nd leg that he missed, Lucky for me Gila never top corner bullet 2-0! now we got a chance!!. I never sat back i kept it how it was Jaen were not sitting back no more and it was end to end stuff i threw 3 up front in extra time pushing for this goal, i didn't want a pen shoot out to end a season. Then i got a throw in and delgardo took a short one to the Gila who passed it to Nierga who hit a rocket of a shot that hit the post, BUT! HIT THE GOALKEEPERS BACK ON THE WAY OUT AND TRICKLED IN OVER THE LINE 3-0!!!, It was like slow motion watching it go in, it was so slow the ball never made it to the back of the net, it just sat there over the line, I jumped and scared the crap out of my wife the dogs and ferret, all very unhappy by my GET THE F**K IN THERE cry at 10:30 at night lol.  I went 5 at the back after that goal,  2DM'S sat on it, i saw it out with no other hightlight, Job done Were up. 

In the Final saw me up against Jamie, both sides already going up so this was all about bragging right. Hes side has been a beast since the start of FM17 and should of gone up last season. I had a quick look at his side and knew i couldn't match him if i did i would be torn apart. away 1st leg i set up just to hang in and maybe hit him on the counter, I never had a shot on target the whole game , The game was pure filth both sides had set up to kick each other and not the ball, it was a war zone 42 Fouls in the 1st leg that ended 0-0. The 2nd leg i did the same just sat in and try and force a mistake, and it worked Peno! Faithful Gila steps up and the keepr saves it , not missed all season long but does now. After that we never had a sniff of goal but then either did jamie, after the game jamie told me no team had ever kept in out over 2 games so that shows how dangous his been past 2 seasons. The game went to pens and we ended up winning 7-6 to be crown champions and just the 50 fouls in the 2nd leg lol . Jamie propply should of won it as my spoil tactics were right out of the Ali book or tricks but ill take it. 

10duumb.jpg

212689i.png

swv0q8.png

2j2z2g8.jpg

29djlna.png

SUMMER WINDOW. 

Were smack bang in the window now and tho i have not much money. i have been able to work some deals here and there. the players i have signed are not the best i would of hoped for but they are better than what i had. a Full window report will follow once its all done

The Others 

Pedro - I was right, i said he would go up and he did, after a slow start he turned it around and went up via the playoffs. Top job by pedro who now finds himself in the top league. I have seen this before members doing back to back promotions and it never ends well, the player is in front of the club that takes time to catch up. Pedro will need to have luck on his side as history has shown Most manager that has done back to back promotions have come back down the following season. Top Job tho Pedro. 

Ali - Another Strong season by darling. He had a little help long with the away with his ass man but over all he has show you don't have to have the money in this league to be able to compeat. Ali will be up the top next season fighting it out his had a season to stay in the leagaue now with players already there and better ones being added you would think he should make the playoffs at least. 

Jamie - Went up with me and put behind him the nightmare of last season. Jamie goes up with a already strong side and the media have him down for 12th place, I think Jamie might do a pedro and go back to back. His club is massive and fanbase too. There is money there and with a strong side already hes in the mix this season for sure. 

Gills - A very Strong showing from Andy this season, Maybe a little unlucky not to go up with the form he was showing but non the less a good season. Andy seems to have a setttled side now and is already done with the summer that tells you he thinks hes got a very strong side. He is my tip to be one of the 4 who go up this season. 

Fallo - Strange season for Andy, His has a habbit of going on winning and losing runs, again this season from December to feb he won 1 in 8 but after that wn 8 out of the last 10 games and only missed out on the playoffs by 1 point heartbreaking stuff. Andy should be up there this season 3rd season in and a team of his choosing should see him fighting it out for the league. 

Sean - Where do i start with this guy. People go on about Bad luck alot when it comes to fm but this guy has a  curse on him, he has to have. Sean had a mid season wobble but got his act togetter at the business end of the season beating me 2-0 and then going on a run to sneek into the playoffs. In the playoffs he was flying beasting everyone he came up against. Then in the final he got Jaen, he won 2-0 in the home leg and all he had to do was hang on in the 2nd. But thats where the curse kicked in 2-0 down he let in a 3rd, to top it off My internet dropped out and he was kicked, he lost 4-0. It took a age to sort out what to do as pedro also had his playoff Final the same time. In the end a reload was done and was left to the Ai to sort the mess. Sean lost 2-0 and out because of rankings, but it done end there, pedro couldnt agree to that reload because his main striker got a injury and was out for 9 months, So a 2nd reload had to be done and again was left to the AI to sort it out would sean get lucky a 2nd time . Sean lost 2-0, never have i seen such bad luck in all my fm days. Sean was sick and rightly so, how you pick yourself up from that i have no idea. Sean has stuck it out tho and like a pro is a man on a mission, Anyone gets in his way this season better look out. 

Mike - Another who has had bad luck, Mike was in the playoffs for much of the season but had a wobble at the wrong time. He needed to win the final day of the season to make the playoffs but HIS GAME CRASHED!! and missed the last game of the season and missed out on the playoffs. You really can't make this kinda thing up. Mike took it on the chin and is adding some good players. He also has a very good backroom staff and is sure to have some little gems coming though his side very soon. 

Jonas - As if there was not enough Drama this season Jonas caused what maybe was the biggest stink this season. Jonas Asked Nuno ( who has now left us, Good luck mate ) if he could go a team above him. In our rules u go below last human manager in the league but if you dont ask you dont get, Nuno was fine with this so jonas took Real Mallorca and with that the Air was sucked out of the room lol. There was all kinda shanagans going on with tempers about to flair up Jonas saw reason and Resigned, but it gets better, 3 games later Nuno was sacked and the league was free of human players, Jonas was faster than a wippet jumped into game took Mallorca again and now has a Monster club on his hands (unbelievable)  . Jonas caused murders this season and will need to get a flyer with this side or he wont be there long. Good luck tho 

Jay - Seems to be finding his feet now. he missed the 1st few games as he had things outside of PGC to deal with, his Assistant got him off to a flyer and had him fighting it out at the top of the league. Jay came back and his form took a dip so much so he had to board meetings but was able to sweet talk them into keeping him on. After the 2nd meeting jay took off and found some good form. he was beat in the playoffs but he can take heart from the 2nd half of the season he had. If he takes that form into this season he will be in good shape.

Matt - Well this lad posts his tactics on Fourms lol, If anyone is downloading them they will be out for blood lol. Matt took over UCAM who came down and never even made the playoffs and was sacked . He should of stick it out like i did as his old side won the league lol. Matt now finds himself at Huesca a smaller side but that is maybe what he needs. Matt is a nightmare for the people who run our Hall of fame and i think they will be hoping more than him that he dont get sacked again.

Well thats you upto date on what has to be the most Dramitic Season in PGC we have had for many a year, not so much on the field but what went on off it. 

TILL NEXT TIME 

Jamie - Racing Santander

Santander%20Badge.png

Seasons Results

a7013906df004aeb9921932429a75b0a.png

53e557951da9429697566df90659a562.png

Season went perfectly to plan i had 20+ goals from two strikers Moreno and Mendi with Diaz chipping in with a few as a back up we had good cover in every position and i was able to rotate the squad through the season preventing any long term injuries to key players.

We won the league with ease although with a record 92 points although i was expecting a tougher league with the two Andys teams looking much improved from last season.

2b514f99fa7b4cdf9ae80b18b210696b.png

In the playoff final i was really nervous going into it after suffering defeat in last years playoffs especially after record number of points i would have been the laughing stock of the clan to lose it this time.

9cddfc00c4874601802759a5843b6bf0.png

Luckily though this team has so much more firepower than last season and we took Heracles apart.

Promotion achieved at last we faced Stu in the final of the playoffs and to be honest we just couldn't find a way past  Stu's double decker London bus that he had hired for the week and he snuck a win on a high quality penalty shootout 6-5 with only one miss in total from either side.

Moving on to the new season we had a wage increase to 107k per week but not really any money to buy players a 100k total.

Finances are improving already in the new league with balance up to 400k and the 5 million loan due to finish the end of the new season saving us 200k a month.

6201d4b8e5eb47f09413c26cf0fd4b12.png

With not alot of money i've concentrated on the free transfer market and completed free signings of last seasons loanees 

GK - Whalley

8d926c65a2ff447393db24481f87c12b.png

CM's - Guiridi and Sangalli

7330cab03b794a6ea52e14dad91690bd.png

6d183abc5314474caa94a74639d9db85.png

The only player i spent money on was Gaspar who did well at Pedros Sabadell last season and i'm hoping hes the goalscorer we need to replace moreno who was stolen from me while on loan.

7436dfe0a14c417eb9e26d32e4c63b19.png

Media prediction for the season is 12th and i'm pretty happy with my squad i think we will be top half at least but going up isn't my target i would prefer to let some of my younger players have a year to get to potential and push on next season.

90c757f65f9b4786867cc13f77c8a5d2.png

9264452c48e3415db555382964f83e4f.png

Screenshot_28%202_zpsogqzco3s.png

MORENO HAPPY WITH MOVE

Akinbiyi moved quickly this January too sign up top striking prospect Jaime Moreno. The striker put in a star performance against Ponferedda during the first meeting off the teams and obviously caught the coaches eye.  After signing the player on a free from parent club Akinbiyi couldn't hide his delight -

" Its a great signing were shocked Racing waiting so long too offer him a deal, I said to the player when I met him he would be a priority at my club theres no way id hang around just waiting to see what happened our scouts work hard too spot value in the transfer market and this lad represented exactly that "

Moreno himself seems pleased with the move - 

" I want to be at a club that recognising my importance to the team and working for a manager who knows the details off my contract is an advantage too".

Screenshot_52_zpsmze59ucw.png

burgos%20chequered.jpg                                                                                   

AndyF - Burgos FC

s2%20preview.jpg

Another close call as we once again we narrowly missed out on the end of season play offs. As Stu pointed out in his latest post there was a run of games in which we only picked up a solitary win in 9 games at the turn of the year, which would undoubtedly was our downfall this season.

s2%20poor%20run_1.jpg

Even thou the board wanted a play-off place this year they have noticed the potential in their current manger and rewarded me with a new contract, with 9 sackings so far among clan so far it's nice to see the board keeping faith.

s2%20new%20contract.jpg

s2%20new%20conract%20board.jpg

With another season in Segunda B this is going to put more pressure on our already dwindling finances which is soon to hit -£4m.

s2%20finances.jpg

s2%20fin%20comm%20summ.jpg

Transfers

With the lowest rep of all teams in clan its hard to attract the majority of half decent players but I was delighted with Maranhao who we have now snapped up in the summer on a free from Celta Vigo,  who hit a total of 25 goals whilst on loan.

s2%20transfers_1.jpg

How Maranhao didn't finish it the top 3 in the fans player of the season award is beyond me.

s2%20award.jpg

Until Next Time......

SEASON 17/18

Well after finishing the disappointing 16/17 campaign my contract at Real Jaen wasn’t renewed, a bit harsh I felt but the results told the story so I could hardly complain.

Looking forward to the new 17/18 campaign ahead I was hoping find a club where providing the results were good I would be given time to build and look forward to a bright future, with this along came an opportunity to take control of Real Murcia, even though in Segunda Division B4 I felt a sleeping giant who I could hopefully changes the fortunes of.

REAL MURCIA GENERAL INFORMATION

With a media prediction of 3rd I knew that I had to hit the ground running, unfortunately with the insecure finances at the club my transfer and wage budget was limited meaning if any new players were going to come into the club it was at the expense of selling or the trying to find a bargain or star player in the market who could help the team move forward.

REAL MURCIA CLUB HONOURS

As previously mentioned I felt the club were a sleeping giant, unfortunately over the years though have failed to live up to the standards that had been expected of the club. In reality I knew the ahead was going to be tough but hopefully one of promise.

REAL MURCIA TRANSFERS

With very much money at my disposal to use in the transfer market very well, with this I managed to bring 6 new players into the club with 14 leaving the club for pastures new. I felt the new players brought in had given the team and squad that extra bit of quality and depth that was lacking in areas, only time would tell.

REAL MURCIA START TO THE SEASON

With the players getting used to the tactics and style of play that I wanted to implement at the club, the results in pre-season were disappointing with only 1 win out of 7 games but there were signs that these would improve with more time on the training ground.

Over the next 4 months between Sept-Dec the results were very inconsistent with only 7 victories to note, saying this there were only 5 defeats and I knew if the numerous of draws could be turned in wins then the club would move up the table very quickly. The board were satisfied with me in terms of management but I knew this would change if I couldn’t get some more points on the board.

With a slight change in team shape the change in results picked up from beginning of Jan-May were fantastic which lifted them into a final 3rd place position ensuring a play-of     position.

Due to the fantastic results the team had set new club records, an unbeaten run of 15 games and going 6 games without conceding a goal, something which the board were very pleased with.

PLAYOFF

Unfortunately the team couldn’t repeat the form of late when entering the playoffs, they were knocked out in the 2nd round against a strong UD Logrones team 4-2 on aggregate, and they could hold their heads high after a strong finish to the season.

After this disappointment I am looking ahead to the new 18/19 with much excitement.

Moyes.jpg

Another year gone. And again I find myself at a new club. It's not like I have done bad, two top 5 finishes but both with relegated teams. The pressure was too much. And I found myself out of work. Sticking to my 4231 Gengenpress style has not really worked out in Spain. So It's time to channel my Simeone, My Ranieri if you will or maybe my Mike Bassett. As this season ladies and gentleman. We will be playing 4 4 ****ing 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7hEqCdAwjs

Season Review

Segunda Division B Grupo 4_ Overview Stages.png

After an abomination of a finish, I crashed harder than a plane full of ... (....too soon)

Anyways the less said about it the better. I'm just going to forget about UCAM. I should never of left Hercules. They actually won there league. I created a legacy. I just wasn't there. So pastures new. It's time to think a bit smaller. So I've gone to a little old team called Heusca. Expectations are still the playoffs but its a chance to build a club without the millions of debt.

So who the hell are Huesca?

S.D.Huesca

S.D. Huesca_  Facilities.png

Financially I've already managed to balance the books. After a good window and selling some players of value while spending 0. I'm doing things the right way this season which will help the club in the long term. I need a 3 year plan rather than just throwing everything at going up.

S.D. Huesca_ Finances Summary.png

Transfers

S.D. Huesca_  Transfer History.png

As you can see I'm going to go down the British road. Got a few boys in which I feel can do a job. Especially in a 442. Lafferty and Campbell are a decent Championship strikeforce. So I've got big hopes they can do a good job. Alongside a guy who has been amazing on the last few FM's. I've seen him become England captain a few times but it looks like SI have pulled him back compared to the last 2 versions. Aaron Kuhl
.Fraizer Campbell_ Overview Profile.pngKyle Lafferty_ Overview Profile.pngAaron Kuhl_ Overview Profile.png

All in all I'm happy with Huesca. But i've let myself down so far in the clan. I am the new guy and I wanted to make a big impression. After all like the great man once said "It's not how you start but how you finish" Who said that? Ron Jeremy? I digress, I need to have a big season, but if I don't go up it won't be the end of the world. The competition is fierce. And it's about time I stepped up my game. I refuse to be 3 for 3 and be at a 4th team next season. I've not done that bad but i need to do better

Huesca060216n.jpg

"My Garden Shed is bigger than this .... It's got a door and a window. My Garden shed is bigger than this!"

358c582af11e42a9bdeb13ea65169262.jpg

Predicted 21st in my first season in Liga 123, I believed it would be a huge effort to fight off relegation. My board had asked me to 'fight bravely' against going down and had offered less than £100k transfer budget to do so. I stuck by my guns and went for my 'free transfer only' policy. There were no suitable offers incoming for any of my players so I released those I'd deemed not good enough for the new level and started sifting through the scout reports I had gathered on players whose contracts were expiring end of last season.

screen1.png

Nothing special worth showing via screenshots truth be told, as our attributes across the board were deemed 'below average' according to the team comparison page. Of course, that doesn't tell the whole story but it does illustrate the limited amount of depth we had in the squad. I had, however, been looking for specific qualities in my players, such as work rate, team work and pace. The latter proved difficult to acquire alongside quality mental and technical attributes but teamwork and work rate were easier to locate. 

The season started very strongly and, just like last year, we started to scamper away after the first 10-15 games. Then we hit a turbulent patch, steadied the ship for a few matches and finally took a nosedive. 2 wins in 9 or 10 games saw us slip from 2nd all the way down to 9th, with Pedro's Sabadell waving to us on their way past. It was a sickening feeling, but in the end, we managed to pull it out the bag in the last 6 games of the season and secure 5th. Upon reflection, 5th is a very good position to end up in, especially after I'd targeted a top half finish and we could go and enjoy the playoffs, without any expectation of going up. Our enjoyment last approximately 10 minutes, as we were 2-0 down to eventual winners Sabadell, but it was a strong season none-the-less.

One particular highlight is young Jairo Castillo who came through the youth setup. At first he looked like nothing much, a bit of a lightweight with no real assets apart from solid work rate. But then in the space of a few months he developed enormously. His attributes rocketed up and within 6 months of being at the club, he had forced his way into the 1st team squad. He had a few starts and a few more appearances from the bench, where he showed one or two signs of a good player, but had limited support from his team mates during a time where our form was patchy at best. 

screen2.png

Screenshot_28%202_zpsogqzco3s.png

PONFERRADA TO PUSH FOR PROMOTION

With the season ending poorly for Ponferrada the manager had too look ahead to the new season with renewed optimism. The free transfers already signed up are great players who will all add to the overall quality off the team. The playoffs this year were a nightmare with an out off form team and not enough depth in the team too cover for under performing players.

Screenshot_80_zpsep0zkjvc.png

Akinbiyi has vowed that this season the team will be stronger and better equipped to deal with the long season and tough play off campaign that he will hope do be a part off. Things do look positive with the new players bedding in well and the team as a whole is arguably one off the strongest in all the lower divisions in Spain.

Screenshot_75_zpscyxs5bst.png

Screenshot_76_zpsjm7nj5he.png

With a surprise switch too Division B2 the team will have too face off against the mighty Logrones managed by fellow clan member Sean Black, this brings its own problems as does the Real Madrid B team with Odegaard remaining in the squad it seems.

Screenshot_85_zpst7uysqj2.png

Akinbiyi will keep faith with his tactics from last year , utilising a strong defense with creative midfielders and strikers that can finish well. He has real quality in the centre back positions and top goalsscorer Ivi from last year could form a formidable partnership with free transfer signing Moreno. Asked about the new season ahead in a recent interview the manager said -

" Ive never looked forward too a season more than this one, we are ready and raring to go. I have a feeling this is going to be a big year for Ponferrada "

TOLEDO

The board expectation for this year: Top half finish
Media Prediction: 6th Place

Summer Transfers

5a3001392ea247c88fd0abe98c5b46ed.png

In the summer we did a lot of transfers, the most important players who joined our team where the following onces:

Juan Jose Narvaez - Thiago Benevides  - David Alcibiade - Nacho Gil (Loan) - Samuel - Baltasar Rigo

We had a decent preparation to the start of the new season only lost against Sevilla and Paris St-Germain Reserve Team.

xxxx.png

All season long we challenge with some other teams like UD Logrones, Barakaldo CF, Sestao River for a playoff spot.
Some results below:

fdfdfdfd.png

We finished the season 6th place only one point behind number 5 and a playoff position, the boys did there best can't fault them it wasn't our year to playoffs.
Maybe it will be next year.

Lola Pla (20 goals) and Juan Jose Narvaez (21) scored together 41 goals. In totally we scored 67 goals this season.
Also Thiage Benevides played a great season with 11 assist and 4 goals (Team Captain)

For the new season we where already busy with transfers before the competition was finished.
Renewed all contract who still had a future at the club and we sold or released they players who didn't had any future anymore at the club.

Some of the players that left Toledo:

Michael Falkesgaard - Javi Barranco - Zarko Grbovic - Derrick Appiah - Jorge Pombo - Carlos Exposito - Pablo Gonzalez - Moha

Incoming transfers for the new season:

Zé Pedro - Ibrahim Somé - Gérald Kilota - Renato Ziko

Incoming Staff members:

Andrey Polischuk (Head of Youth)

Preparation Games for the new season:

lkjljkl.png

After long consideration i had to make a decision to stay or to leave Toledo, because i had the opportunity to join Llagostera.
The club got a new owner and he wanted a new air in the club.

I took the chance to go there and i hope i will do my best for the club.
Also i wanted to thanks toledo for the beautiful 2 years at the club, after they gave me the chance to redeem myself after Cartegna
sacked me. I wish them the best and hope will meet again soon.

Sean B

Logrones bottle merchants club.

Well... well....bloody well... what can i say about my jinxed pot less pathetic luckless hapless side? have i just said it all ? oh well.. my season was as drastic as Gilly trying to urinate in his cupboard when he's had about 5 to many, or as bad as Nuno's attempt to grasp the clan rules in the first week, my side is about as negative as Walter smiths tactics and their manager is becoming more and more pessimistic as days drag on. 

So were do we begin in this shameless season? we have to start somewhere! O K from the top.. 

We started like a team possessed for once showing signs of real quality, so then what happened is one person moaned and the entire team collapsed and hid underneath a rock for the rest of the season ( literally ) the negative nature of this side is starting to have a big effect on my moods, ask my neighbors they will tell ya, as shouts such as ' F**K off ' or  ' Are you F****G serious ' keep ringing out from 7-11pm on a Monday to Wednesday, but enough about me getting an anti social behavior order and more onto my team, we stumbled got our legs tangled and pretty much won 1 lost 1 won 2 drew 2 for the rest of the season we were about as consistent as Stu's ability to pick a winning bet, but what we did do is show up near the end, well at least for a while... because ye we lost in the playoff final surprise surprise.

So onto the cups - 

Well the cups was the one positive we managed to get to the 4th round one massive round past were we was expected, all is saved because the massive cup run landed us a whopping 0.00 euro's in fact it cost me 3 injuries and bus fare to all the mickey mouse stadiums we visited, so yeah thank you Spanish football authority.  

as you can tell I am  still not over the playoffs as its been two miserable demoralizing seasons on the trot if it wasn't for bad luck id have no luck and i wouldn't wish the absolute shambles of a start on anyone, but all is not lost 

when everything has been as down as it has been then all u can do is look up ( can't get much worse ) surely?????

if my moods have been a bit off lately id like to take this moment to apologize to absolutely nobody :D 

Now onto the screenshots - 

Ramzi Aya.png

This litter picker was supposed to be my best defender at the time, but he spent half his attempt at being a footballer standing around or getting groped on the medical table from our 76 year old volunteer physio lady. 

PLAYOYFFS.png

The Board are asking yet again that we make the playoffs, surely thats a wind up because anytime we make the playoffs everyone is in tears afterwards couldnt we just agree to not make the playoffs and save the logrones faithful some heartache? 

Favili.png

One very small positive on an otherwise miserable post, this young fella should be really good for me this season i got him in last year and he came right onto a game later on, shame he couldnt hit home on a wet night in the playoffs when it actually matter but he has a lot to learn and should be good.

mallorca-badge.jpg

As you can all guess and see from the above logo, I now find myself at Mallorca (reluctantly), after getting sacked at my former club after a midtable position about halfway into the season...

I took over Mallorca at the end of the Winter window, while they were sitting in the PO positions (4th, if I recall correctly) to much controversy in the clan... The board was expecting us to win the league, but I was also expecting some slack from them, due to taking over so late in the season...

3e8d74911afc4b0a9f6f855bddd1ac6b.png

Above you can see the games, from when I took over, and it's very clear, that we didn't start very well... A loss to Barcelona B, who were just above us in the league, was a tough start...

We soon started to pick up form though and got a nice winning streak going to mount a challenge for the title, but still come up short and get 2nd place in the league. We drew Sean in the PO's, and while we weren't awful, Sean rightfully won and sent us out.... I was a bit uncertain if this was gonna be good enough for the board, but it was, and here I still am...

43cb88a152f940d7b2f17c0abc5c0b31.png

The big players for Mallorca were without a doubt my two loan strikers, with the most prominent being Marko Livaja... An outstanding striker, who did very well in the league, and I managed to resign him on loan for my first full season in charge...

d050d9d900a8455c9dfaa20da156c78e.png

With the first season over at Mallorca, it was time for major changes, as you can see from the below...

3c8e5b740c3b418bbcb10f64045c3506.png

In has come a completely new midfield, a new sub GK and a whole bunch of promising young players - along with the old timer Milevskyi...

Jamie - Racing Santander

Santander%20Badge.png

Season update as we are in the middles of the January transfer window.

40bc94c106c441e184a80c3d22e8b9ae.png

da46321d9a9b4b9a8ea868b0deac414f.png

980c8cb3e9644ee6a899106729e1c512.png

Season has gone so much better that i expected especially after losing our first two games without scoring a goal i was starting to panic.

We sit in second place without really a top striker at this level i have been trying to get games to my young target man prospect Rudan who has been keeping Mendi out of the team who scored 20+ last season but has struggled at this level and His 20+ goal partner from last season Moreno is making the coffee for Gillys team in B2.

My current front two

Rudan

92e5d317e95d401eb61f907d42b978a9.png

Garita - Last min panic buy on a free from Bristol City stats aint great but hes been putting the ball in the net which is good enough for me.

a045306d6d444e54823867ebf5108815.png

14 Goals in 17 Games but we have been here before in season one when Diaz was our main goalscorer with nobody else backing him up we hit a wall at the end of that season but i'm hoping i can get one of the back ups that have misfired so far into shape for the end of season run in.

Theres not really any money in the pot to strengthen in this window to push on even with selling my back up CB who was starting to get unhappy for 150k.

Current Finances 

54bc7bc6e3854ce882bd5a1040fcca26.png

Income has improved massively but so has the wage bill but  the big loan the club has ends in June so that will free up 200k a month.

Thats it for now hopefully we can hang on to 2nd and an auto promotion spot but i have a feeling it will be another nervy playoff at the end of the season. 

Archived