Disappearing Widgets

My widgets are disappearing!

I have a few that I like up during highlights like body language, player performance, match stats etc.

But now, whether the box is ticked in the little menu or not...they don't show up at all.  It started with the body language one but is spreading.  There are now three that will no appear.  All are linked to player performance.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or is there a mistake i'm making that is making this happen?

Any help gratefully received.

I thought I'd seen alot of threads, but as you suggested, there isnt much, must have dreamed it lol 

However, I did find this  thread which does contain some suggestions. If they don't work, suggest you contribute to the thread, although it's tagged as "reviewed" so suggests SI are aware of it and are working on it.. ,

This issue has been raised in the bugs forum for FM 16 a while ago. A workaround is: Keep your widgets away from the edges of your screen. Doesn't need to be much; a mm or two will do.  First, to get those that you have lost back; clear cache, restart FM.

Here is a link to one of the threads in the bugs forum raising this issue (there are more). Follow the tips there and you should be ok. Hopefully this is fixed for FM 17.

5 minutes ago, Fritz13 said:

Clearing your cache fixed it in 16 .... albeit temporarily sadly :(

No, after clearing cache to get my missing widgets back, I haven't lost any since, and that's months ago; keeping them away from the edges of the screen is the key.

Btw; out of curiosity - are you playing FM full screen or windowed?

3 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Sure they aren't just opening the top bar on top of each other in the top left?

No...they just aren't there.  Weird thing is they have been going one at a time for a couple of weeks. Very odd...I thought it must be some kind of graphics glitch but my computer knowledge is below average.  Next time I'm on my PC i'll try the cache thing and move them from the edge of the screen,

7 hours ago, thomit said:

No, after clearing cache to get my missing widgets back, I haven't lost any since, and that's months ago; keeping them away from the edges of the screen is the key.

I play windowed and have not seen this in either 16 or so far in 17 and that's with three widgets all at the edges.  Is this only affecting full-screen users?

9 hours ago, thomit said:

Full screen 

watch on 2D - thanks for the tip about the edge of the screen :thup:

If you did not get your disappeared widgets back after deleting the caches, you probably haven't done it right.

For me, no "verifying" was necessary, I skipped that bit. Got my disappeared widgets back.

Maybe try to change your skin right after you have cleared your caches (and restarted). If you're not using the default skin, you should change to that anyway. Once your widgets are back, you can change it back.

If nothing works, add your own post in that bug report thread, explain what your issue is and what you have done. Someone from SI will pick it up; they monitor the bug forum constantly.

Archived