Learning how to play

34 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Dunno. I don't know a side in football where the full backs, both of them aren't regularly involved in the final third, certainly not when they come up massed defenses in particular packing the central pitches. This is all about stretching the pitch, and I think there were complaints about the wingers before. Some would prefer them to sit out completely wide optionally at the corner flag, rather than eventually narrowing into the box, but that's not what is happening. Additionally if there is actual movement/overlaps, that makes things harder to defend full-stop.

I'm actually mainly here with everything wwfan still used to post. His argument too was that not having a back going all the way will mean a lack of wide passing lanes out wide, which can prove problematic depending on the opponent (formation, d-line, general approach), and attacks to become toothless. It also channels play centrally, eventually some. That does not mean you would always need to have one. It simply means defensive teams in particular and certain opponents might find it slightly easyish to defend. I've picked this out purely because it is indicative of how I see looping playing. As he's argued before, when he spots stuff (which he does more so than any of the more casual players for 100% sure), he's argued he makes things worse in the process too (or at least, not bettering it). As was demonstrated step by step on page 2 in this regard. His attacking players are all marked, Watford pack the middle, the pitch is not stretched, so clicking "play wider" didn't do the trick, naturally. Similarily, he prefers his 1-0 drab matches, but then basically plays 4-2-4. It's easy to see how he seemingly "randomly" starts "conceding like crazy", in particular as there seem to be panic switches of that sort, or lord knows what. It was offered that others take a look, but it seems there was no upload either, so no dice either way. :-) Take some time off, celebrate the holidays with the family, it's not worth it if you continously bang your head against a brick wall, looping. This is as simple a game as you let it be at the core at least.

This post demonstrates how absolutely nobody here understands what I mean.

I want my fullbacks involved, what I don't want is any of my fullbacks to be the main threat down the flank. I don't want my wingers to cut inside. I do want my fullbacks involved in the final third but not being the main threat down the flank.

If you have a fb on attack duty this automatically makes your fb to be the main threat down the flank because he is running and overlapping all the time (think about Dani Alves). I don't want that but that doesn't mean I want my fb to stay back all time. My fullback can occasionally overlap (and my winger cut inside), occasionally support my winger and even occasionally underlap. What I don't want is my fb overshadowing my winger and this is what automatically happens with a fb on attack duty.

How many forward runs I want my fb to make? Well, it's situational and I could easily manage it via mentality and shape. The problem is that there I don't find an intermediate point between "only get forward if there is space available" (support duty) and "overshadow my winger" (attack duty). Not even using a Wingback on support.

As far as I can understand and I can certainly be wrong, FM makes your players act like robots. FB--> get further forward. WM cut inside and open space for the fb overlapping (Messi-Dani Alves in the past). I'm not saying I want never to see it, I'm trying to say I want variety. I don't want my fb overshadowing my winger, I want him to help.  With an attacking fullback your winger becomes a complement to that fullback, your play down that flank is subordinated to your fullback and this is exactly what I don't want. My play down the flank must be subordinated to the winger, because he is more talented, and he is more talented not in cutting inside and making risky passes. He is a winger (run, dribble, cross). Winger stays wide and provides width. That doesn't mean that, occasionally, he can cut inside and open space for the fullback, but this is not the pattern of play. The pattern is pass the ball to the winger so he can dribble. If he can't dribble there are many many things you can do: the easiest, pass the ball back (which doesn't happen in fm as usual as it should, at least in my experience). You can also wait for fb to support so you can create 2 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 situations. Sometimes fb can overlap. Sometimes can underlap. Fb helps, doesn't overshadow.

It's good fb, get forward, no problem but get there to help. Overlap occasionally, underlap occasionally, offer support but remember you are a fullback and the talented guy here is the winger, because he is a winger and you a defender, so we are not going to focus the play on you.

I don't understand how can this be that difficult. I don't know which kind of football do you watch, but what I'm describing is what I see every weekend.

For that reason, I think I can't use fullbacks and wingers in fm, so I'll play with lone wingbacks down the flanks.

Edit: @herne79 is partially right when he says I achieved what I was trying. Fb in fluid shape are quite close to what I was describing and that was happening with my Malaga save. The problem is that in fm terms, there isn't enough movement so it is easy for the ME to defend this, only because the game seems to be coded "attacking fb encourages movement between lines and confuses defense", when there is absolutely no need to make your fb overshadow your wingers in real life.

This is my opinion and I can certainly be wrong but that's what I see.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your problem isn't the attacking in isolation much either, except in those matches where you had unleashed a brigade of long shots if at all (re: Watford sitting deepish and packing the middle too, and "This is what my attacks looks like" -- multiple screenshots of forcing play down the middle exactly as described). Your problem is something more general, as outlined by the always repeated pattern of "suddenly conceding like crazy". That is a curious pattern, but it is a pattern, which sounds encouraging on that front if you actually allowed say Herne who offered to take a look,  finally, rather than going through the same thing over and over and over again and posting the same things over and over again with this going nowhere. To me, judging by everthing's posted also in the past year in previous threads , I am personally not surprised. There's never rhyme nor reason to anything it to me, starting with that sort of 4-2-4 outright despite targeting lowly scorelines, or playing fairly conservative roles at the back even when struggling to break down, which is why I encourage to accept what Herne has offered to you.

It can take a significant amount of time for somebody to analyze the goings of a save, so you should be glad it's been offered. As this sounds a rather peculiar pattern, what goes wrong might be actually spotted by the tactical mods straight away. After all, you aren't conceding some but against top teams, but far lesser ones. There is likely an easy fix, as usual, that is, if you accept it rather than going with sometimes flawed interpretations, what sticks to memory was a thread created around a reload scenario in the summer that was bound to repeat every time as the root cause for the goal conceded was laid bare, but neglected in favor of own, and in this case either way, flawed interpretations of what was visibly going on. If that is frustrating to you, imagine what it must be like for guys who post novels trying to help or offering to take a look only to be told that: "No, no." I play the game in very simple terms from my book, but I don't have this. And Herne's likely still waiting for an upload.

If you find the ME has limitations, and it has, take them to SI. But as for playing, embrace them, and don't butt your heads against them, as that is frustration guaranteed. It doesn't matter in the end. There is helping hands been offered directly to you multiple times. Snap out of it, finally, and take them!!!

26 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Your problem isn't the attacking in isolation much either, except in those matches where you had unleashed a brigade of long shots if at all (re: Watford packing the middle too, and "This is what my average attacks looks like" -- screenshot of forcing play down the middle exactly as described. Your problem is something far more general, as outlined by the always repeated pattern of apparently "suddenly conceding like crazy". That is a curious pattern, but it is a pattern, which sounds encouraging on that front if you actually allowed say Herne who offered to take a look,  finally, rather than going through the same thing over and over and over again and posting the same things over and over again. To me, judging by everthing's posted also in the past year in previous threads , I am personally not surprised. There's never rhyme nor reason to anything it to me, starting with that sort of 4-2-4 outright despite targeting lowly scorelines, which is why I encourage to accept what Herne has offered to you.

It can take a significant amount of time for somebody to analyze the goings of a save, so you should be glad it's been offered. As this sounds a rather peculiar pattern, what goes wrong might be actually spotted by the tactical mods straight away. After all, you aren't conceding some but against top teams, but far lesser ones. There is likely an easy fix, as usual, that is, if you accept it this time around rather than going with sometimes flawed interpretations, what sticks to memory was a thread created around a reload scenario in the summer in particular that was bound to repeat every single time as the root cause for the goal conceded was laid bare, but neglected in favor of own, and in this case either way, flawed interpretations of what was visibly going on. If that is frustrating to you, imagine what it must be like

If you find the ME has limitations, and it has, take them to SI. But as for playing, embrace them, and don't butt your heads against them, as that is frustration either way guaranteed.

Next time it happens (and it will very soon) I'll post the save. I hope @herne79 or anyone else find what's wrong and I'll be extremely thankful.

However, even if they find out, won't be there next time besides me...

13 hours ago, looping said:

However, even if they find out, won't be there next time besides me...

You mean players struggling with the game? Just check any community site, there is evidently players who outright suck at this. However they don't pretend they'd be looking for help. Actually they bitch and moan and vent, is all  they do. Besides butting heads against possibly ME limitations, this has turned into keeping a semi-updated diary, with a sporadic entry of: "I knew this had to happen again!" (screenshot of random match results attached). Despite multiple announcements to finally quit. Sounds unfair perhaps, but, that sums it up to me,  as you seem to ignore requests that would give more insight into the puzzling patterns, and you even started anticipating the rot when you were successful. This is the tactics forum on a game, those guys aren't psychic. :D If I were to guess from posts December 5th and more, those sequences are partially caused by matches were opponents in sequence take the lead or at least not concede (first/at all). AI visibly react to scorelines not merely by switching mentality, as it is duty governing forward runs, etc.

For a KISS approach, the less focused you are on specific chance types and play, the better, in my opinion. If the AI were truly intelligent, they would simply have aped what Watford were doing, which tends to happen in real football to many teams, for instance Bayern under LvG / early Heynckes relying in huge parts on Robben/Ribery's runs and cutting insides to get much going. Dortmund started to give wide players checking them additionally support and killed them off, and then lesser sides would do it to some effect too, and they'd become totally toothless on many days. As it is, stuff like that happens by random chance. AI prefer different formations each, and in general approach matches in different ways.

You don't get better feedback for a lack of penetration in the game than the shot spread you posted on page 2. And simply clicking "go wider" is really really as half-arsed as they come, in particular as you aren't stupid, evidently. You saw how positioning looked. Against worse sides and in most matches, you likely would have still prevailed simply due to individually better players who pull off individually magic (additionally dribbles coasting past defenders, missed tackles and more marking errors by worse opposition). It's not a game of but tactics. But the more specific you are, the more likely there is a few opposition who would simply shut you out. That can be tactical/positionally, like a lack of regularly penetrating runs into space on offer. That can be something else, though.

I still remember a save where I was geared towards finding lumbering forward types, and basically belting the ball into the box from them from all over the place. That was fun. This was lower league football, and it is very easy to get physically far superior players for the level. Back then anyway, I had forwards that averaged header completion rates up to 70%+, which is huge for a forward (not sure if still possible), mainly caused because their relevant physical attributes would be like +5 compared to the average defender on that level. By rising through the league, that advantaged disappeared though, and the fun was over. :( Overall this is still as simple a game if you allow it to be. Big if.

13 hours ago, Svenc said:

You mean players struggling with the game? Just check any community site, there is evidently players who outright suck at this. However they don't pretend they'd be looking for help. Actually they bitch and moan and vent, is all  they do. Besides butting heads against possibly ME limitations, this has turned into keeping a semi-updated diary, with a sporadic entry of: "I knew this had to happen again!" (screenshot of random match results attached). Despite multiple announcements to finally quit. Sounds unfair perhaps, but, that sums it up to me,  as you seem to ignore requests that would give more insight into the puzzling patterns, and you even started anticipating the rot when you were successful. This is the tactics forum on a game, those guys aren't psychic. :D If I were to guess from posts December 5th and more, those sequences are partially caused by matches were opponents in sequence take the lead or at least not concede (first/at all). AI visibly react to scorelines not merely by switching mentality, as it is duty governing forward runs, etc.

For a KISS approach, the less focused you are on specific chance types and play, the better, in my opinion. If the AI were truly intelligent, they would simply have aped what Watford were doing, which tends to happen in real football to many teams, for instance Bayern under LvG / early Heynckes relying in huge parts on Robben/Ribery's runs and cutting insides to get much going. Dortmund started to give wide players checking them additionally support and killed them off, and then lesser sides would do it to some effect too, and they'd become totally toothless on many days. As it is, stuff like that happens by random chance. AI prefer different formations each, and in general approach matches in different ways.

You don't get better feedback for a lack of penetration in the game than the shot spread you posted on page 2. And simply clicking "go wider" is really really as half-arsed as they come, in particular as you aren't stupid, evidently. You saw how positioning looked. Against worse sides and in most matches, you likely would have still prevailed simply due to individually better players who pull off individually magic (additionally dribbles coasting past defenders, missed tackles and more marking errors by worse opposition). It's not a game of but tactics. But the more specific you are, the more likely there is a few opposition who would simply shut you out. That can be tactical/positionally, like a lack of regularly penetrating runs into space on offer. That can be something else, though.

I still remember a save where I was geared towards finding lumbering forward types, and basically belting the ball into the box from them from all over the place. That was fun. This was lower league football, and it is very easy to get physically far superior players for the level. Back then anyway, I had forwards that averaged header completion rates up to 70%+, which is huge for a forward (not sure if still possible), mainly caused because their relevant physical attributes would be like +5 compared to the average defender on that level. By rising through the league, that advantaged disappeared though, and the fun was over. :( Overall this is still as simple a game if you allow it to be. Big if.

I don't understand what you say. What do you suggest?

To be honest, the problem I'm facing is exactly the same that I experienced in my very first matches in fm16. You can check it, my first topic here was named 20 games (after 20 games I start conceding like crazy). This is exactly what's happening now. So we can assume there is absolutely no progress. Literally 0.

Yes, I've learnt many many things. I know better how fm works, but that info is totally useless. Don't get me wrong. What I'm trying to say is that there is no need to know the details of the game. If you have a simple idea about football (I would say even without that) you can play this game. 

This is exactly what I've experienced. With 0 knowledge about the game happens exactly the same than when I have a, let's say, better than average knowledge. Conclusion: knowledge is useless. How can this be posible? It is not.

When I see some tactics here, I think they are imposible to work. But they do. My tactics are totally rational, common, normal, balanced... but don't work. I have a clear idea of what I want and it's a very common style of play (I see it every weekend in many many teams). I do rational tweaks and adjustments. I pay attention to my player attributes.

Despite what some people believe, my attitude is not I know better and if it seems that to you it's because many things are lost in translation. I'm totally open to learn. I'm totally open to change anything, if it is not against my style of play and my idea. I pay a lot of attention to what other people write here, specially the most experienced ones (and this goes directly to you @Cleon and  @Rashidi). I really thing I'm doing my best. I really think there is nothing to reproach.

With all this information, even if my knowledge is overvalued by myself, I can play the game succesfully during a lapse of time. After that, I start losing and there is nothing I can do. Exactly the same that happened one year ago.

Remember:  I haven't played a single real save yet in fm16 and fm17.

This brings to my initial question: what are you suggesting me to do? Start a new save (I deleted all) and, when I start losing, post it here? I can do that and surely I will do that. I hope somebody helps, but I lost my faith. I really think whatever I try is going to fail. I really think I will never play this game succesfully and I can't understand why.

To be honest, if I finally understand what I'm doing wrong, I'm afraid I will give up playing immediately.

It happened again.

Malaga_  Partidos del Primer equipo.png

I didn't need to play the game against Vigo to know it. I saw it starting against Levante. From this moment, I will conceed an average of (almost) 2 goals per game and I will win 2-3 of every 10 games.

I attach 2 saves. Before the match against Vigo and after.

Hope someone can find out what I'm doing wrong.

Played Real Madrid away, finished 1-1.  We (Malaga) were winning 1-0 at half time, RM scored from a corner, Malaga had chances to win it.

What did I do and change?

1) Made sure match prep was set to Def. Positioning (for that and all matches).

2) Removed rest day before match.  It isn't needed.

3) Removed "Tighter Marking" PI from both central defenders.  Unless the defenders have huge scores for Marking don't use this PI, especially if you are against any quality opposition, such as Real Madrid.  Decent opponents will run rings around you.

4) Removed "Close Down More" PI from both Fullbacks.  You're playing a low risk strategy, why increase the risk for what are key positions, especially against elite opponents (Ronaldo / Bale)?

5) Changed nothing else tactically.

6) Pre-match - Assertively: Pressure is off, nobody expects us to do well.  Reaction: players seemed relaxed and appreciated the calming words.

7) Half time (when we're 1-0 up) - Assertively: doing well, but room for improvement.  Reaction: listened keenly and appreciated the encouraging feedback.

8) Full time - Calm: well done for proving people wrong and avoiding defeat.  Reaction:  seemed motivated, morale boost, appreciated the positive feedback.

That's it, that's all I did.  Not even a substitution or a tactical tweak during the match.  It wasn't needed.

ok it's only one match, so I'm not counting any chickens.  And I'm not going to get much (if any) time over the next week to 10 days to play any more.  But it's hardly the inevitability of defeat that you seem to almost wish upon yourself.

rm.png

11 hours ago, herne79 said:

Played Real Madrid away, finished 1-1.  We (Malaga) were winning 1-0 at half time, RM scored from a corner, Malaga had chances to win it.

What did I do and change?

1) Made sure match prep was set to Def. Positioning (for that and all matches).

2) Removed rest day before match.  It isn't needed.

3) Removed "Tighter Marking" PI from both central defenders.  Unless the defenders have huge scores for Marking don't use this PI, especially if you are against any quality opposition, such as Real Madrid.  Decent opponents will run rings around you.

4) Removed "Close Down More" PI from both Fullbacks.  You're playing a low risk strategy, why increase the risk for what are key positions, especially against elite opponents (Ronaldo / Bale)?

5) Changed nothing else tactically.

6) Pre-match - Assertively: Pressure is off, nobody expects us to do well.  Reaction: players seemed relaxed and appreciated the calming words.

7) Half time (when we're 1-0 up) - Assertively: doing well, but room for improvement.  Reaction: listened keenly and appreciated the encouraging feedback.

8) Full time - Calm: well done for proving people wrong and avoiding defeat.  Reaction:  seemed motivated, morale boost, appreciated the positive feedback.

That's it, that's all I did.  Not even a substitution or a tactical tweak during the match.  It wasn't needed.

ok it's only one match, so I'm not counting any chickens.  And I'm not going to get much (if any) time over the next week to 10 days to play any more.  But it's hardly the inevitability of defeat that you seem to almost wish upon yourself.

rm.png

Thanks for taking your time.

Decided to give it a go as well, just the one match.

1 - Changed match prep to Def. Positioning for all matches
 2 - Removed "Close Down More" from the fullbacks. Wanted them to focus on keeping a structured shape and not risk being all over the place
 3 - Removed "Tighter Marking" from CDs. Same reason as with the fullbacks. RMs players are a lot more skillful so i need the CDs to keep the back 4 intact and structured.
 4 - Changed mentality to "Defensive".
 5 - Changed team shape to "Structured".
 6 - Added TIs "Drop Deeper" and "Be More Disciplined".
 7 - Swapped Lemos with Bigas due to injury
 8 - Changed fullbacks from "Support" to "Defend" duty.
 9 - Changed WMs from "Attack" to "Support" duty.
10 - Pre-match teamtalk: Assertively - No pressure (No reactions that stood out).
11 - Half-time teamtalk (0-0): Calmly - No pressure, play your natural game (A few players seemed calm and a couple of others seemed motivated).
12 - FT result 0-0, Post-match teamtalk - Calmly - Well done for proving people wrong and avoiding defeat (can't remember the response as i continued too early and later managed to reload the save before taking notes).

2854eff2fb3408d0db061d8138a91821.png

7639b90836c100fa4b54c51934172e56.jpg

Real Madrid even had a man sent off in the 2nd half. In the 87th minute i tried going counter, to see if i could snatch a late goal but i couldn't.
I made 2 subs in the 2nd half to see if a change of players could open up something for us but it didn't.
Happy with the result but i'm pretty sure 3 points would have been very possible here had i gone through the game wholeheartedly.

3 hours ago, roykela said:

Decided to give it a go as well, just the one match.

1 - Changed match prep to Def. Positioning for all matches
 2 - Removed "Close Down More" from the fullbacks. Wanted them to focus on keeping a structured shape and not risk being all over the place
 3 - Removed "Tighter Marking" from CDs. Same reason as with the fullbacks. RMs players are a lot more skillful so i need the CDs to keep the back 4 intact and structured.
 4 - Changed mentality to "Defensive".
 5 - Changed team shape to "Structured".
 6 - Added TIs "Drop Deeper" and "Be More Disciplined".
 7 - Swapped Lemos with Bigas due to injury
 8 - Changed fullbacks from "Support" to "Defend" duty.
 9 - Changed WMs from "Attack" to "Support" duty.
10 - Pre-match teamtalk: Assertively - No pressure (No reactions that stood out).
11 - Half-time teamtalk (0-0): Calmly - No pressure, play your natural game (A few players seemed calm and a couple of others seemed motivated).
12 - FT result 0-0, Post-match teamtalk - Calmly - Well done for proving people wrong and avoiding defeat (can't remember the response as i continued too early and later managed to reload the save before taking notes).

2854eff2fb3408d0db061d8138a91821.png

7639b90836c100fa4b54c51934172e56.jpg

Real Madrid even had a man sent off in the 2nd half. In the 87th minute i tried going counter, to see if i could snatch a late goal but i couldn't.
I made 2 subs in the 2nd half to see if a change of players could open up something for us but it didn't.
Happy with the result but i'm pretty sure 3 points would have been very possible here had i gone through the game wholeheartedly.

1 hour ago, looping said:

No probs. I'm rubbish when it comes to tactics and i often find myself in the same position as you (still :D).
Have gotten a bit better now, in general, but i find it helpful to challenge myself with your struggles; because i can definitely understand what you mean.

After one year (literally) of failing, it's time for a reality check.

I started this and many previous threads. This thread title is Learning how to play.

Let's be clear here. No, I didn't learn. I don't know how to play this game. I don't know how to create a tactic. I don't know when a tactic is good. I don't know when I have to change things. I don't know why I have to do things. I can't identify issues so I can't fix them.

It is a total waste of time so the better choice is to hang up the boots. There is nothing else to try. I can't identify issues. That simple. The ones I have identified is because I've read about them. On my own, nothing.

Thanks to all who attempted to help. I really did my best here but I totally failed.

Not everybody can play this game (I can't) and this is something that may concern someone. At the end of the day, you want to have fun with fm. And I never had fun because I couldn't play a single real save. Maybe this has gone too far. Who knows.

Such a shame to hear that you will stop trying to learn.

Over the past couple of days I found this thread and read it all. This thread started really promosing. The first 3 pages the way you tried to analyse games was great. I felt you were on the right track.

I think you might have some biases towards the game and maybe a break from it might be needed. And hopefully you can comeback at a later time and try toforget anything you know about it and just give it a fresh start.

All the best luck to you.

If you have a tablet device that will run it (most will) maybe it's worth considering FM-Handheld as a more enjoyable option, iirc it still uses a match engine that is much less demanding & the gameplay is more geared towards buying & selling players to put together an all conquering squad, think of it as the closest you can get to CM01/02.

Looping, I think a break from the game could do good things for you. I don't think it's fair that you say you didn't learn. This thread, for many, me included as been so usefull. People come here and give great tips. And one thing I've learn reading this thread and the guides: there's many ways of understand the game. Rashidi has his vision, Cleon has his own, etc.. I can't say I understand the ME and the tactics the way I would like. I don't have the patiente and the time to that. I tried a Tactic on this forum, from Franky. I wasn't able to do one for me, but now  I make in game adjustments, I play counter/standard/control depending on oposition, when I'm down to 10 players, I rarely conceed a goal, because I adapt to the ocasion. And I said this already, the main diference from that tactic to the ones I was trying to make is the shape. The next step for me is to do my own tactic from the beginning.

What I'm trying to say is that by all means I'm still very very far away from understanding the game, but I think if you play the game more "loosely", more relaxed, I think you will figure that you  learned a lot more that you think.

16 hours ago, shadster said:

Looping, I think a break from the game could do good things for you. I don't think it's fair that you say you didn't learn. This thread, for many, me included as been so usefull. People come here and give great tips. And one thing I've learn reading this thread and the guides: there's many ways of understand the game. Rashidi has his vision, Cleon has his own, etc.. I can't say I understand the ME and the tactics the way I would like. I don't have the patiente and the time to that. I tried a Tactic on this forum, from Franky. I wasn't able to do one for me, but now  I make in game adjustments, I play counter/standard/control depending on oposition, when I'm down to 10 players, I rarely conceed a goal, because I adapt to the ocasion. And I said this already, the main diference from that tactic to the ones I was trying to make is the shape. The next step for me is to do my own tactic from the beginning.

What I'm trying to say is that by all means I'm still very very far away from understanding the game, but I think if you play the game more "loosely", more relaxed, I think you will figure that you  learned a lot more that you think.

I wish you were right.

I came here because my saves were always the same: starting well and then conceding like crazy until sacked. After 1 year, the situation is exactly the same.

It's true that now my initial tactics are more balanced, there are no previous and obvious issues in them. That's true. If I take a look at my tactics created one year ago they are clearly unbalanced due to various reasons.

Being that true, it is also true that I'm exactly in the same situation: I start well (most of the times) and then, at some point, I start conceding an outrageous amount of goals until I'm sacked. I can't play it more "loosely" than that.

There is no real progress. My results are exactly the same. I learnt? Yes. Is this learning useful? No. Do I know how to play the game? No. I totally failed.

When I watch a game i can't identify why things go wrong. I can't identify why things go well. I simply don't know. Of course I can see if there are too many long shots, but I can't tell you the cause of them. I can't. Is that simple.

I can't blame the game. Yes, there are many things that need to be improved, some of them are directly wrong and the vision of football it has doesn't match with mine. But this is what we have and it's quite good so I'm not complaining about the game.

There are various reasons why I'm leaving, but the most important are people who come here and say "I can't understand how you don't see this", "this game is very easy", "anybody can easily do that", "you are all the time saying you know better"... If losing is frustrating, imagine if you come here and people say that. Perhaps this is what they want: me to leave.

I want to be extremely thankful to everyone who attempted to help. I don't want to say names because I may forget somebody, but a quick view in this thread can give a clear idea who I'm talking about.

I agree with you a break from the game could do good things. Probably a break for ever. I don't know yet. 

Thanks again and I wish you all the best.

1 minute ago, looping said:

I wish you were right.

I came here because my saves were always the same: starting well and then conceding like crazy until sacked. After 1 year, the situation is exactly the same.

It's true that now my initial tactics are more balanced, there are no previous and obvious issues in them. That's true. If I take a look at my tactics created one year ago they are clearly unbalanced due to various reasons.

Being that true, it is also true that I'm exactly in the same situation: I start well (most of the times) and then, at some point, I start conceding an outrageous amount of goals until I'm sacked. I can't play it more "loosely" than that.

There is no real progress. My results are exactly the same. I learnt? Yes. Is this learning useful? No. Do I know how to play the game? No. I totally failed.

When I watch a game i can't identify why things go wrong. I can't identify why things go well. I simply don't know. Of course I can see if there are too many long shots, but I can't tell you the cause of them. I can't. Is that simple.

I can't blame the game. Yes, there are many things that need to be improved, some of them are directly wrong and the vision of football it has doesn't match with mine. But this is what we have and it's quite good so I'm not complaining about the game.

There are various reasons why I'm leaving, but the most important are people who come here and say "I can't understand how you don't see this", "this game is very easy", "anybody can easily do that", "you are all the time saying you know better"... If losing is frustrating, imagine if you come here and people say that. Perhaps this is what they want: me to leave.

I want to be extremely thankful to everyone who attempted to help. I don't want to say names because I may forget somebody, but a quick view in this thread can give a clear idea who I'm talking about.

I agree with you a break from the game could do good things. Probably a break for ever. I don't know yet. 

Thanks again and I wish you all the best.

Well, people say Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a great game :p

Well, do whatever is right for you, mate. I tried my bit, but didn't work out, sorry. But i think you can comeback and make things work, but a break could do wonders.

Cheers,
Bitner 

No point in keeping this open, and will take further threads started by the OP under advisement as to whether to allow them. That parting(?) and somewhat oblique shot at members of the forum and the moderators after the pages and pages of virtual ink have been spilled trying to assist the OP is the last straw.

Archived