FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

Having done a ' test ' season to work out how it all works lol I've now just finished my first season in charge and  enjoyed every minute of it! 

Having decided on a 4-3-3 wide formation I went about pre season shaping the team..

out went.. 

Rojo, Young, Rooney, Fellaini and Blind.. Valencia and Carrick went in January  

In came Adrien Silva, Danilo, Lacazette, Henrichs and Van Dijk... January Dier and Nainggolan arrived 

Had planned on just using Zlatan and Rashford for the first season till Zlatan got injured for 6 weeks pre season so went for Lacazette and boy did he hit the ground running!  2 hat-tricks in first 3 games!! Poor Zlatan didn't get a look in first few months of the season lol had to start playing him when he started to moan! 

We won the Charity Shield, got knocked out of EFL by Liverpool on penalties!!, won the league by 4 points over Chelsea, won the Europa cup beating Leverkusen ( with a nice 2 leg victory over City in the semi's 😝 ) And capped it all off with by winning the FA Cup beating Chelsea.  

Needless to say the board were happy with 4 trophies 😀

Was a good team effort with goals and assists spread 

Lacazette 24 goals 7 ass, 

Zlatan 19 / 11

Martial 17 / 13 

Rashford 13 / 8 

Miki 11 / 9 

Pogba 8 / 10 

Will be looking to give TFM, Gribbin and Tuanzebe more playing time in S2 all had good S1's 

Now the planning for world domination in season 2 starts!! 😀

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone who has played a few seasons with united, had the issue where your big name players, want to leave your club to play in better league? I'm four seasons in, have one the europa league, champions league etc, and multiple cups, and still players like de gea, blind, pogba, mkhitaryan, and martial, have all demanded to leave and nothing said to those players makes any difference in there decision to leave.

Makes my save more interesting,having to replace those players and bringing in my youth players, but is still really frustrating none the less

31 minutes ago, Trotter2007 said:

Has anyone who has played a few seasons with united, had the issue where your big name players, want to leave your club to play in better league? I'm four seasons in, have one the europa league, champions league etc, and multiple cups, and still players like de gea, blind, pogba, mkhitaryan, and martial, have all demanded to leave and nothing said to those players makes any difference in there decision to leave.

Makes my save more interesting,having to replace those players and bringing in my youth players, but is still really frustrating none the less

Yeah I've had the same with Pogba wanting to join a better league and a stronger squad. Needless to say it was Real and as much as I love ❤️ Zizou I told him shove his pipe! 

Bayern are also sniffing around Isak.

Had a really good game with Bournemouth last night. I've won all 7 previous games against them fairly easily, only conceding once in that time. Ahead of this game I rested the players that I wanted to use in the EFL Cup final, and I've also got Shaw, De Gea and Ousmane Dembele out injured. Usually at home to weaker clubs I play 4-2-3-1, but Bournemouth play 4-4-2 so I go with a defensive midfielder rather than an attacking one. We started off well, but after Harry Arter was sent off for a two-footed lunge on Tolisso, they started to dominate possession & any chance we had was wasted, with Lukaku in particular having a poor game.

So, I used the hairdryer at half-time, switched the formation to 4-1-2-1-2 and brought on Dybala for Lingard + Stephen Foster (LWB regen, making his debut) for Louis Webster (LB regen). What followed was an excellent second half. 

i1gxpga.png

I'd moved Malcom into an attacking midfield role, but when Lukaku was injured (he only gashed his head, but wanted to come off  :rolleyes:) I moved Malcom up front and brought on Nathan Fay (second sub appearance, first in the league though) as a central midfielder - attack. 

LweCKrO.png

He's an Irish born player, but capped by England's U19s, and he came through the youth intake back in the 2017-18 season. I recently gave him his debut against Leicester in the EFL Cup semi-final first leg, which we lost, but it was late in the game and he didn't really have time to do anything. Never expected him to have such an incredible impact when he came on against Bournemouth. 

Hi wondering if anyone can help me to improve my tactic for man utd 

won community shield and premier league in first season here a few screen shots

currently in second season won shield again 1st in league and still in cups

any help to improve tactic much appreciated thanks

2017-07-03.png

2017-07-03 (1).png

2017-07-03 (5).png

2017-07-03 (6).png

2017-07-03 (2).png

2017-07-03 (3).png

2017-07-03 (4).png

47 minutes ago, ddidiodion said:

Your tactic is clearly fine, the problem is probably that you're using it in the wrong circumstances sometimes. You don't play the same way against Arsenal, Bayern, City and Spurs away as you do against Hertha and Sheff Wed at home. 

any suggestions

18 hours ago, Chase Failey said:

Lads, can anyone recommend me a rampaging right back in the mould of a Dani Alves/Cafu? Doesn't have to be Brazilian but for romance sake that would be nice.

Looking to start a new game and Darmian/Valencia simply do not fit the bill.

Fabinho has been ace for me too. My go-to right back when I have lots of cash. Otherwise Hugo Mallo is very solid.

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:43, Martin2007rfc said:

any suggestions

I think away from home you'd be better off playing a slightly less aggressive tactic.

I play 4231 in my latest save 

dcnNmmM.png?1

21mtblL.png?1

Starting with control mentality at home and either standard or counter away depending on strength of opposition.Player instructions are modified also so if you're interested drop me a line and i'll run you through them.

Won the league with 3 defeats ,FA Cup and EFL Cup and got knocked out by Spurs in Europa quarters.

Possession stats were around 60% for the season.

Nothing special in the transfer department either

cQpvFZB.png?1

It took about 2 months of the season for the tactic to gel, at one stage we were down in 9th place, but once familiarity was maxed out we never looked back.

This season I have strengthened in the attacking department for an assault on the Champions League.

4 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

I think away from home you'd be better off playing a slightly less aggressive tactic.

I play 4231 in my latest save 

dcnNmmM.png?1

21mtblL.png?1

Starting with control mentality at home and either standard or counter away depending on strength of opposition.Player instructions are modified also so if you're interested drop me a line and i'll run you through them.

Won the league with 3 defeats ,FA Cup and EFL Cup and got knocked out by Spurs in Europa quarters.

Possession stats were around 60% for the season.

Nothing special in the transfer department either

cQpvFZB.png?1

It took about 2 months of the season for the tactic to gel, at one stage we were down in 9th place, but once familiarity was maxed out we never looked back.

This season I have strengthened in the attacking department for an assault on the Champions League.

nice one mate a would be interested in my 3rd season the now won shield 3 times fa cup and league cup 1x each and won league 2 years in a row

OK so

Keeper-distribute to cb's,roll it out

LB - shoot less often,close down more,tackle harder, mark tighter

CB - close down more, pass it shorter

BPD- shoot less often ,dribble less, pass it sorter,close down more

RB - see left back

DLP - dribble less , more risky passes , tackle harder(tough away games he becomes BWM-D with same PI's)

RPM - tackle harder, more risky passes(tough away games he becomes he becomes DLP-S with same PI's)

AML - shoot less often, tackle harder, pass it shorter

AMC - tackle harder, pass it shorter(if opposition has a DM then move in channels)

AMR - see AML

Striker - shoot less often, tackle harder, pass it shorter.

1 hour ago, axehan1 said:

OK so

RB - see left back

DLP - dribble less , more risky passes , tackle harder(tough away games he becomes BWM-D with same PI's)

RPM - tackle harder, more risky passes(tough away games he becomes he becomes DLP-S with same PI's)

AMC - tackle harder, pass it shorter(if opposition has a DM then move in channels)

AMR - see AML

cheers mate am gonna start a new save see how i go cheers again

I generally play standard away from home and counter against any of the top 6 but don't change any team instructions.It will take a couple of months for the tactic to gel but once it does the football is really good.

I also prefer players with high workrate  and try to train as many players as possible with |"short simple passes" and "tries one two's" ppm's.

fern0VU.png

Fourth season done. League wasn't as easy as the previous year but we won it again, the only competition we didn't win was the FA Cup (lost to Southampton in the semi-final, who went on to lose to City in the final). The CL final was pretty special, after beating Real Madrid the previous year we thrashed Atletico this year, although once again we needed extra-time to do it.

fAZ2Rq2.png

Dybala was our top scorer and assister this year with 33 goals (23 were in the league, giving him the Golden Boot) and 14 assists (same as last year). He won Fan's player of the year. Player's POTY, Football Writer's POTY and I'd expect him to win the Best Player in Europe award too. One player who really impressed me though is Nishan Burkart. He scored on his PL debut in 2017 but since then I'd loaned him out for a couple of years. In our first EFL Cup game of the year against Bolton I started him and he ended up scoring a hat-trick in a 3-1 win, so I made him the first name on the team-sheet in that competition and he ended up finishing as the top scorer with 8 goals. In all competitions he scored 14 goals, which is the same tally Lukaku had, but Nishan had played 17 games less than him.

bb9nQSO.png

On 09/07/2017 at 15:06, axehan1 said:

OK so

RB - see left back

AMR - see AML

I wann try your tactic , How about Team instructions?

On 2017-07-15 at 22:01, Smaldini said:

fern0VU.png

Fourth season done. League wasn't as easy as the previous year but we won it again, the only competition we didn't win was the FA Cup (lost to Southampton in the semi-final, who went on to lose to City in the final). The CL final was pretty special, after beating Real Madrid the previous year we thrashed Atletico this year, although once again we needed extra-time to do it.

fAZ2Rq2.png

Dybala was our top scorer and assister this year with 33 goals (23 were in the league, giving him the Golden Boot) and 14 assists (same as last year). He won Fan's player of the year. Player's POTY, Football Writer's POTY and I'd expect him to win the Best Player in Europe award too. One player who really impressed me though is Nishan Burkart. He scored on his PL debut in 2017 but since then I'd loaned him out for a couple of years. In our first EFL Cup game of the year against Bolton I started him and he ended up scoring a hat-trick in a 3-1 win, so I made him the first name on the team-sheet in that competition and he ended up finishing as the top scorer with 8 goals. In all competitions he scored 14 goals, which is the same tally Lukaku had, but Nishan had played 17 games less than him.

bb9nQSO.png

What tactic are you using? See you have a 4-4-2 wich i found almost impossible to get working this year. Mind sharing?

On 7/19/2017 at 18:35, Jalex said:

What tactic are you using? See you have a 4-4-2 wich i found almost impossible to get working this year. Mind sharing?

I only switched to 4-4-2 to get back into the game, usually I play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. 

Man Utd, season 2016/2017:

IN:
AURIER Serge - PSG, € 50M
DAVIES Ben - Spurs, € 27.5M
MILINKOVIC-SAVIC Sergej - Lazio, € 22M
SENSI Stefano - Sassuolo, € 14.25M
KLAASSEN Davy - Ajax, € 12M
JUANPI - Málaga, € 10.75M
HORN Timo - Köln, € 9M

OUT:
MATA Juan - Spurs, € 50M
BLIND Daley - PSG, € 34M
VALENCIA Antonio - Guangzhou Evergrande, € 6.5M
WILSON James - Celtic, loan € 150k/month

53 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

Man Utd, season 2016/2017:

IN:
AURIER Serge - PSG, € 50M
DAVIES Ben - Spurs, € 27.5M
MILINKOVIC-SAVIC Sergej - Lazio, € 22M
SENSI Stefano - Sassuolo, € 14.25M
KLAASSEN Davy - Ajax, € 12M
JUANPI - Málaga, € 10.75M
HORN Timo - Köln, € 9M

OUT:
MATA Juan - Spurs, € 50M
BLIND Daley - PSG, € 34M
VALENCIA Antonio - Guangzhou Evergrande, € 6.5M
WILSON James - Celtic, loan € 150k/month

nice onw whats your tactic then mate

4 seasons in and my 4312 tactic is working wonders, just need to conquer europe. I have won the league 3 out of 4 times and the other time losing to citeh by 2 points.

Overall Profile:

2e575b3a6cea2992ff8f735f90d2b8bc.png

Prem Season 1:

43bbdeb707e1ac1793cadc78fe2ae823.png

Prem season 2:

8866c80cdcc20afc1fa379ac3af284e9.png

Prem season 3:

a50ec6ddb070b3bede5309181dcf2f8f.png

Current season:

15e868a336511d8d4b1663f20236f17a.png

1 hour ago, hyrule_king said:

4 seasons in and my 4312 tactic is working wonders, just need to conquer europe. I have won the league 3 out of 4 times and the other time losing to citeh by 2 points.

Overall Profile:

2e575b3a6cea2992ff8f735f90d2b8bc.png

Prem Season 1:

43bbdeb707e1ac1793cadc78fe2ae823.png

Prem season 2:

8866c80cdcc20afc1fa379ac3af284e9.png

Prem season 3:

a50ec6ddb070b3bede5309181dcf2f8f.png

Current season:

15e868a336511d8d4b1663f20236f17a.png

nice one would u share your tactic

Bit of a strange question but how is Callum Gribbin developing for everyone else?

He's got some decent attributes on my save but I've struggled to give him game time in my save as I don't play with anyone in the AM strata. 

Just about out to start my 4th season and in need of another young F9 to go along with Dolberg and noticed that Gribbin has some decent attributes for the role especially as he's got no training in the forward areas. Gonna train him there as an F9 and see how it goes 

Got the game on Monday (late to the party I know! :p) and just finished my first season with United. 

It's a hell of a strong side this year isn't it? I've given myself the goal to "knock Liverpool of their f****** perch" in terms of European Cups, so I'll be (hopefully) playing this save at least until I've won 3 Champions league titles. I'm also trying to emulate the systems and style of play we had when Carlos Quieroz was assistant to Sir Alex, which is working pretty well so far.

Started with the first window budgets turned off to get a feel for the original squad and started pretty slow in the league - my first 5 games consisted of 4 draws and only 1 win! But after that I think I got to grips with the game, the players and the system and we ended up getting some crazy results. In the January window Valencia, Rooney, Young, Darmian and Carrick all asked to move on and I decided to let them. I then went a bit mad and activated release clauses for Griezeman and Martinez, while also signing Renato Sanches. So a very busy winter window, that one.

My personal favourite thing about the season was that we played Pep's Man City twice in the league and once in the FA Cup, putting fourteen goals past them over the 3 games. 

2017 season review utd.png

5 minutes ago, vrig said:

Got the game on Monday (late to the party I know! :p) and just finished my first season with United. 

It's a hell of a strong side this year isn't it? I've given myself the goal to "knock Liverpool of their f****** perch" in terms of European Cups, so I'll be (hopefully) playing this save at least until I've won 3 Champions league titles. I'm also trying to emulate the systems and style of play we had when Carlos Quieroz was assistant to Sir Alex, which is working pretty well so far.

Started with the first window budgets turned off to get a feel for the original squad and started pretty slow in the league - my first 5 games consisted of 4 draws and only 1 win! But after that I think I got to grips with the game, the players and the system and we ended up getting some crazy results. In the January window Valencia, Rooney, Young, Darmian and Carrick all asked to move on and I decided to let them. I then went a bit mad and activated release clauses for Griezeman and Martinez, while also signing Renato Sanches. So a very busy winter window, that one.

My personal favourite thing about the season was that we played Pep's Man City twice in the league and once in the FA Cup, putting fourteen goals past them over the 3 games. 

2017 season review utd.png

nice one whats your tactic and team instructions

Depended largely on opposition, a la United in 08, but after it settled down a bit, I mostly played a Very Fluid shape, a lower Mentality and either a 4411 or 4141 formation. I'm thinking of doing a write up in the tactics section once I finish the second season, provided I've got it playing out right. This season my big tactical challenge is gonna be getting 20+ goals out of Martial from the wing - his attributes and traits certainly make it look possible.

On 30/7/2017 at 20:25, vrig said:

Depended largely on opposition, a la United in 08, but after it settled down a bit, I mostly played a Very Fluid shape, a lower Mentality and either a 4411 or 4141 formation. I'm thinking of doing a write up in the tactics section once I finish the second season, provided I've got it playing out right. This season my big tactical challenge is gonna be getting 20+ goals out of Martial from the wing - his attributes and traits certainly make it look possible.

Look forward to seeing your tactic

Just started a ManUtd save yesterday, will follow this thread :thup: 

Haven't brought anyone in at the start of the season, apart from Robles, a promising RB.
Probably going to sell Carrick Rooney Blind Valencia. Thought about selling Fellaini but he scored an absolute screamer in our first game against Stoke so.. He gets to stay a while :D 

Won our first 3 games so far, playing a 4-2-3-1

14 hours ago, LilSaint said:

Just started a ManUtd save yesterday, will follow this thread :thup: 

Haven't brought anyone in at the start of the season, apart from Robles, a promising RB.
Probably going to sell Carrick Rooney Blind Valencia. Thought about selling Fellaini but he scored an absolute screamer in our first game against Stoke so.. He gets to stay a while :D 

Won our first 3 games so far, playing a 4-2-3-1

I'd consider keeping Carrick, Blind and Valencia all pretty good team players not so moany about first team football. And all three are all versatile can play around 3 positions each at least which can be handy 

29 minutes ago, cuzn1984 said:

Nelson Semedo is a good bet for that money. I've had him for 6 seasons. What formation are you using?

The formation i'm using at the moment is 4-3-3

Archived