Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
mikenevo

FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

Recommended Posts

Anyone managed to get a tactic where either or all of these 3 was point machines? Pogba, Zlatan & Mikhi.

 

I've only gotten Mikhi and Zlatan to do good (managed to have Zlatan do 54 goals first season once(31 in league, 11 in cups and 12 in EL))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EkengreN said:

Anyone managed to get a tactic where either or all of these 3 was point machines? Pogba, Zlatan & Mikhi.

 

I've only gotten Mikhi and Zlatan to do good (managed to have Zlatan do 54 goals first season once(31 in league, 11 in cups and 12 in EL))

On my old Man utd save I used this formation from the 2nd season onwards.

58fe5a01e9b8c_manutdbest11.thumb.jpg.cc6afdb6c88396f407fb8b33a70d9e7e.jpg

This formation and role for pogba seemed to get the best out of him. This is was Pogba's best season in the 5th season with 22 goals and 12 assists in the league. I also used ibra as a complete forward in this formation and he was top goalscorer in the 2nd season.

58fe5a68abe35_endofseason.thumb.jpg.12c8468e2ea14dead02fa325cebafb10.jpg

 

Edited by sedge11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think this tie is pretty much over for the home clash! 6 away goals will be difficult to over turn at Old Trafford which I've made into a fortress!

Leverkusen v Man Utd_ Tactics Team Talk.png

Manchester United_  Overview-6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2017 at 16:16, Chapman7 said:

Think this tie is pretty much over for the home clash! 6 away goals will be difficult to over turn at Old Trafford which I've made into a fortress!

Leverkusen v Man Utd_ Tactics Team Talk.png

Manchester United_  Overview-6.png

 

Sweet setup there Chapman, has the rest of the season unfolded? Do you find you are outscoring most opponents in this setup away from home, or just in general?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/04/2017 at 14:15, Raymubdo21 said:

Sweet setup there Chapman, has the rest of the season unfolded? Do you find you are outscoring most opponents in this setup away from home, or just in general?

 

Cheers, I've only lost hand full of games. Each were away matches. I've not gotten a high goals for as high as would have liked but lets see what it'll be like next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just demolished Liverpool at Old Trafford! But came with a consequence of Martial going out on a long term injury with a cruciate ligament for 6-8 months!! But three games to go and three wins needed for a title!

Man Utd v Liverpool_ Tactics Team Talk.png

Manchester United_  Overview-7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update am in march now of the 1st season, have won the efl cup, in a tighter game than I wanted.

5905f679db106_eflcup.thumb.jpg.c45aded690e6878723d5ad5b4bb2b58b.jpg

Also my formation which I've been using, which before this save I had never used, is working really well, scoring plenty and been pretty solid at the back.

tactic1.thumb.jpg.d61ef62abdefd3bb10663d8897e934d6.jpg

Going into the final stretch of the season, am 3rd in the league with 9 games left, am 8 points off the top with a game in hand, chelsea have just been unbeatable and just keep winning and are top, am into the quarters of the europa and have been drawn against Leverkuson. But I lost to chelsea in the 6th round of the Fa cup, I did however beat them in the semi final of the efl cup.

Couple of obvious stand out players in Ibra, Pobga and Valencia. Rashford and Mkhi have also been good, also surprising Young has been quality when played.

I also sold Schweinsteger in jan to a qatar team, so him and Jones have been my only outs, and no ins either. Will look to bring in 3 or 4 players at the end of the season, which is more than I usually buy. Am going to look to unload rooney, Felliani and Darmian, and probably wont give Carrick another year either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much do people sell Mata for? Got a feeling going to have few clubs interested in signing him this season with Chelsea and Madrid the main two interested and with a year left on his contract and unhappy with his first team chances (though he's started alot more than most apart from when he's performed awful)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is this for realism? I wasn't going to offer a new contract but I'd hate for his career to end like this?? What to do??

5908e3eb265ea_JohnMcCarthy_Inbox.thumb.png.f4a1fc468d66ce5c924aa2b0cf2ba348.png

 

John Mc Carthy_  Inbox.png

Edited by mcgaffer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished the 2019/20 season and lost the chance to win three titles on the bounce on the final day to Arsenal, we needed them to drop points and for us to win. They drew 0-0 with Leicester but we lost 1-0 to Southampton at Old Trafford, who had one shot on target coming from Adnan Janujaz of all people ...I'm half tempted to buy him back and stick him in the U23's for the rest of his career for this :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2017 at 20:58, mcgaffer said:

How is this for realism? I wasn't going to offer a new contract but I'd hate for his career to end like this?? What to do??

5908e3eb265ea_JohnMcCarthy_Inbox.thumb.png.f4a1fc468d66ce5c924aa2b0cf2ba348.png

 

John Mc Carthy_  Inbox.png

Thats mad, even the date is pretty close. If you don't want his career to end like that, then keep him, utd will have more than enough in wage and transfer budget for you to keep him and buy another striker to replace him if you wanted to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update on season 1, have now finished the season and won a cup double, winning the efl cup as mentioned in previous post and won the europa league.

Beat inter 2-0 in the final and Bailly who has been immense and just consistent for me at the back scored his 1st goal for the club in the final.

590a38ac2c685_europafinal.thumb.jpg.2acdae62763230093d02c25ce2d8f745.jpg

Sadly the league didn't go how I wanted and finished 3rd, 6 points off the winners chelsea, to be fair chelsea were unstoppable, the gap was closer due to chelsea losing 2 of their last 3 games, I also rested players in the final 2 games for the europa league final, once I knew I weren't going to win the title and spurs then pipped me to 2nd.

590a38b2e7f83_1stseasontable.thumb.jpg.e6965646b33a9f46baf36af48f151e13.jpg

Standout players were Ibra and Pogba, but no real surprises there, but also Bailly, Rashford and Mkhi were good and the surprise player for me was Young who had a brilliant season, the 4-4-1-1 formation suits him.

Plans for the 2nd season are:

Carrick is retiring so will offer him a coaching role

Will sell Rooney, one of Darmain or Blind possibly both and more likely Fellaini as well. Will also sell a couple of youngsters in Varela, Wilson and Januazj.

Actually thinking about doing something different and selling De Gea as well, and seeing who I can replace him with.

Andreas Periera and Axel Tuanzebe will be promoted to the 1st team.

Don't tend to buy many players or spend big, but will look to bring in a centre half, a centre midfielder and then either a winger or a striker.

 

Edited by sedge11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Quick update on season 1, have now finished the season and won a cup double, winning the efl cup as mentioned in previous post and won the europa league.

Beat inter 2-0 in the final and Bailly who has been immense and just consistent for me at the back scored his 1st goal for the club in the final.

590a38ac2c685_europafinal.thumb.jpg.2acdae62763230093d02c25ce2d8f745.jpg

Sadly the league didn't go how I wanted and finished 3rd, 6 points off the winners chelsea, to be fair chelsea were unstoppable, the gap was closer due to chelsea losing 2 of their last 3 games, I also rested players in the final 2 games for the europa league final, once I knew I weren't going to win the title and spurs then pipped me to 2nd.

590a38b2e7f83_1stseasontable.thumb.jpg.e6965646b33a9f46baf36af48f151e13.jpg

Standout players were Ibra and Pogba, but no real surprises there, but also Bailly, Rashford and Mkhi were good and the surprise player for me was Young who had a brilliant season, the 4-4-1-1 formation suits him.

Plans for the 2nd season are:

Carrick is retiring so will offer him a coaching role

Will sell Rooney, one of Darmain or Blind possibly both and more likely Fellaini as well. Will also sell a couple of youngsters in Varela, Wilson and Januazj.

Actually thinking about doing something different and selling De Gea as well, and seeing who I can replace him with.

Andreas Periera and Axel Tuanzebe will be promoted to the 1st team.

Don't tend to buy many players or spend big, but will look to bring in a centre half, a centre midfielder and then either a winger or a striker.

 

 

How's Pogba's contribution with goals/assists playing the deep-Lying Playmaker role?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

 

How's Pogba's contribution with goals/assists playing the deep-Lying Playmaker role?

pogba.thumb.jpg.64a9a0b2382002fd3f9fd5cec50894a6.jpg

This is how he did, a pretty decent season, and knowing how much of a beast he becomes from my previous save as man utd, I'm expecting him to be even better next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks similar to mine in my first season that I just finished 

Paul Pogba_ Overview Profile.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Looks similar to mine in my first season that I just finished 

Paul Pogba_ Overview Profile.png

 
Yea both pretty similar seasons. He becomes a beast in the game, on my old Man U save he just got better and better, in the 5th season he got 22 goals and 12 assists just in the league, think I put a picture up at top of the page of the league stats for that season.
 
So I'm hoping for something of the same from him on this save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the second season. We won the domestic treble & the UEFA Super Cup, but unfortunately fell short in the CL Semi-Final against Bayern. We drew 1-1 at home, then put up a pitiful effort away and lost 3-0. Bayern went on to lose the CL final 2-0 to Chelsea. We faced Championship opposition in the EFL Cup final, defeating Fulham (who have been promoted via the play-offs for next season) 2-1, but just like the previous year with Watford it was quite a dull encounter. The FA Cup final wasn't great either. Everton took the lead despite being a very defensive team on the game now, playing a strikerless formation with Barkley as the most advanced player. Fortunately Herrera scored a deflected equaliser in the 80th minute, then Zlatan won us the game in extra time. Lukaku was our top scorer with 32 goals, 22 of which came in the PL but he missed out on the golden boot because Vardy equalled that tally with one less game played. He did win the Footballer & Player's POTY awards though, and was our only player in the team of the year which was odd considering how good the likes of Coman, Pogba and Bailly had been.

NNZqT56.png

EZb2LN0.png

Of all the summer signings Coman was easily our best, he had 14 goals & 18 assists in all competitions and even won the Best Player in Europe award. Jorge Mere and Franck Kessie have been great rotation options, especially the former. Nainggolan was great in the first half of the campaign, but sort of dipped in the second half. Still, he finished up with 7 goals & 12 assists. Griezmann only played 28 games because he tore his calf in Feb and missed the remainder of the campaign, but he had 13 goals & 11 assists before that. Unfortunately, one of the promises I gave him to secure his signature was I'd make him a freekick taker (which I did for kicks on the right side) but I guess I should've made him primary taker on both sides because he doesn't trust me anymore...so I might lose him this summer. I've already sold Jones to Chelsea for £27m because he wasn't happy with the lack of starts, even though he'd actually made quite a few. Players can be really petty on this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey.
I kinda lost motivation in my Olympiacos save and maybe I will abandon it, not sure yet.

I'm considering the alternatives and since I always liked Man Utd, I'm thinking about starting a save (FM16).
But, since I am Greek, I don't know what's going on in Manchester.

Some questions:
Is it ok if I'll try to buy Stones, Clyne, maybe Henderson(there is also Pogba who is TaC), Wilshere and Kane so to make the club English based?
I am thinking about (well, after 2-3 years):
                                      GK=De Gea (or Rulli if I sell De Gea for money)
WBs=Clyne---CDd=Jones---BPDd=Stones---WBs=Shaw
                      DLPs/d=Pogba---BBMs=Henderson
                                    APs=Wilshere
              IFa=Dybala------------------------IFa=Depay
                                     TMa=Kane

Is it too much of a risk if I don't have a BWM but instead Pogba(as DLPs/d) and Henderson(as BBMs)?
Has anyone tried something similar so to have a look at?

Also, what's up with wage budgets and FFP in England? Someone kind enough to explain that to me?

Edited by ilkork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ilkork said:

Hey.
I kinda lost motivation in my Olympiacos save and maybe I will abandon it, not sure yet.

I'm considering the alternatives and since I always liked Man Utd, I'm thinking about starting a save (FM16).
But, since I am Greek, I don't know what's going on in Manchester.

Some questions:
Is it ok if I'll try to buy Stones, Clyne, maybe Henderson(there is also Pogba who is TaC), Wilshere and Kane so to make the club English based?
I am thinking about (well, after 2-3 years):
                                      GK=De Gea (or Rulli if I sell De Gea for money)
WBs=Clyne---CDd=Jones---BPDd=Stones---WBs=Shaw
                      DLPs/d=Pogba---BBMs=Henderson
                                    APs=Wilshere
              IFa=Dybala------------------------IFa=Depay
                                     TMa=Kane

Is it too much of a risk if I don't have a BWM but instead Pogba(as DLPs/d) and Henderson(as BBMs)?
Has anyone tried something similar so to have a look at?

Also, what's up with wage budgets and FFP in England? Someone kind enough to explain that to me?

Clyne and Henderson will probably be a problem due to the rivalry, one with buying them and 2 the fans may not like it, English alternatives to them 2 though would be Holgate or Dier, for the right back slot, then either Ward Prowse or again Dier for the Henderson role, and they would be easier to buy and would be just as good if not better.

Stones will still be at Everton on fm16 so that shouldn't be an issue. Also instead of looking at Kane just develop Rashford, he becomes a beast in the game, also man utd have some good young English youth as well in Tuanzebe, ro shaun williams and Gribbin just to name a couple, that would be worth developing.

I don't use a BWM, I have Pogba as a DLP and Herrera as a BBM and it works really well for me, so again don't see that being an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Clyne and Henderson will probably be a problem due to the rivalry, one with buying them and 2 the fans may not like it, English alternatives to them 2 though would be Holgate or Dier, for the right back slot, then either Ward Prowse or again Dier for the Henderson role, and they would be easier to buy and would be just as good if not better.

Stones will still be at Everton on fm16 so that shouldn't be an issue. Also instead of looking at Kane just develop Rashford, he becomes a beast in the game, also man utd have some good young English youth as well in Tuanzebe, ro shaun williams and Gribbin just to name a couple, that would be worth developing.

I don't use a BWM, I have Pogba as a DLP and Herrera as a BBM and it works really well for me, so again don't see that being an issue.

Thank you very much for your time. I checked your suggestions:

-Clyne is actually a lot better than Holgate. But Holgate would make a good back-up. I think if you buy him in the first transfer season, he is 18y old and can become TaC.
-Dier is very good, but not actually a DR. He lacks in Dribbling and Passing. A good role for him would be Anchor Man (or DC, but Utd has many and better alternatives) and in front of him Pogba and Wilshere in a 4-1-2-3-1:
APa-Wilshere---DLPs=Pogba
                   Ad-Dier
Herrera is very good but as I stated, I was thinking of an English based project.
-Henderson is a lot better than Prowse. Wilshere is also a lot better than Prowse as an AP. One interesting thing by checking the pre-FM Editor, Henderson has Utd as favourite club with 25%!
-Rashford is indeed very good but you have to wait for a couple of years. Wouldn't it better if I have Kane as my main striker and Rashford as his backup? Or train Rashford as an IF (Depay's backup)?
-Tuanzebe, Ro-Shaun and Gribbin look excellent prospects.
-Also, what are your thoughts on Wilshere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ilkork said:

Thank you very much for your time. I checked your suggestions:

-Clyne is actually a lot better than Holgate. But Holgate would make a good back-up. I think if you buy him in the first transfer season, he is 18y old and can become TaC.
-Dier is very good, but not actually a DR. He lacks in Dribbling and Passing. A good role for him would be Anchor Man (or DC, but Utd has many and better alternatives) and in front of him Pogba and Wilshere in a 4-1-2-3-1:
APa-Wilshere---DLPs=Pogba
                   Ad-Dier
Herrera is very good but as I stated, I was thinking of an English based project.
-Henderson is a lot better than Prowse. Wilshere is also a lot better than Prowse as an AP. One interesting thing by checking the pre-FM Editor, Henderson has Utd as favourite club with 25%!
-Rashford is indeed very good but you have to wait for a couple of years. Wouldn't it better if I have Kane as my main striker and Rashford as his backup? Or train Rashford as an IF (Depay's backup)?
-Tuanzebe, Ro-Shaun and Gribbin look excellent prospects.
-Also, what are your thoughts on Wilshere?

 

Dribbling and Passing aren't needed attributes for full backs. It does all depend on what role you'd be using plus there are better alternatives to Clyne. 

Henderson would come to an extortionate amount compared to how much he's actually worth in the game. 

You've got Rooney and Depay who can play up front to give Rashford playing time inbetween them.

Wilshire is good by viewable attributes but he's extremely injury prone just like real life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Dribbling and Passing aren't needed attributes for full backs. It does all depend on what role you'd be using plus there are better alternatives to Clyne.

I always play with Complete Wing Backs, but was thinking for Wing Backs this time with Utd. And if you check Wing Back on Support duty, Dribbling is listed as a less important attribute. Dier has 8 in my save... (FM16)

13 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Henderson would come to an extortionate amount compared to how much he's actually worth in the game.

Yes, but what's the alternative? Dier-Pogba-Wilshere?

13 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

You've got Rooney and Depay who can play up front to give Rashford playing time inbetween them.

Actually, I forgot to mention my Rooney issue...
I don't want to p1$$ Utd fans, but I don't like him in-game. I don't want to get stuck with him till he decides to retire...
Any...suggestions?

13 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Wilshire is good by viewable attributes but he's extremely injury prone just like real life

I guess it's down to luck. These are his injuries so far in my save:

Spoiler

Wilshere_injuries_edited.png

first season: 29 apps, second season: 34 apps

So, with a lighter routine he'll be fine I guess.

Edited by ilkork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ilkork said:

Thank you very much for your time. I checked your suggestions:

-Clyne is actually a lot better than Holgate. But Holgate would make a good back-up. I think if you buy him in the first transfer season, he is 18y old and can become TaC.
-Dier is very good, but not actually a DR. He lacks in Dribbling and Passing. A good role for him would be Anchor Man (or DC, but Utd has many and better alternatives) and in front of him Pogba and Wilshere in a 4-1-2-3-1:
APa-Wilshere---DLPs=Pogba
                   Ad-Dier
Herrera is very good but as I stated, I was thinking of an English based project.
-Henderson is a lot better than Prowse. Wilshere is also a lot better than Prowse as an AP. One interesting thing by checking the pre-FM Editor, Henderson has Utd as favourite club with 25%!
-Rashford is indeed very good but you have to wait for a couple of years. Wouldn't it better if I have Kane as my main striker and Rashford as his backup? Or train Rashford as an IF (Depay's backup)?
-Tuanzebe, Ro-Shaun and Gribbin look excellent prospects.
-Also, what are your thoughts on Wilshere?

Clyne maybe better than Holgate at the moment, but you could pick him up extremely cheap and develop him, where as Clyne being at Liverpool would probably be very expensive.

Ward Prowse is also an amazing set piece taker, which adds something to him that Henderson doesn't really have. 

Dier can play right back, along CB, CM and DM, I used him on my old Utd save in a midfield 3 alongside Herrera and Pogba and them 3 bossed the league.

I agree with Chapman7 Wilshere way too injury prone and wouldn't be worth it, Barkley maybe a better option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ilkork said:

Yes, but what's the alternative? Dier-Pogba-Wilshere?

You could have a midfield 3 of Dier, Pogba and Barkley

 

5 minutes ago, ilkork said:

Actually, I forgot to mention my Rooney issue...
I don't want to p1$$ Utd fans, but I don't like him in-game. I don't want to get stuck with him till he decides to retire...
Any...suggestions?

If you can offload Rooney do it, his wages are massive and he isn't that great in the game either, in my experience, so well worth getting off the wage bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more thing, what could I do regarding the GK?
Yes, De Gea is very good, but I can sign Rulli for the 2nd season on free.
Is there any good English GK? Or Brittish? (and not very old)

Edited by ilkork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but the questions never end!

Are there any things I should add via the pre-editor that FM missed?
Such as clauses? Agreed transfers? Any changes that weren't included in FM16?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ilkork said:

One more thing, what could I do regarding the GK?
Yes, De Gea is very good, but I can sign Rulli for the 2nd season on free.
Is there any good English GK? Or Brittish? (and not very old)

Butland & Forster are probably the best English keepers but De Gea is virtually irreplaceable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Butland & Forster are probably the best English keepers but De Gea is virtually irreplaceable 

Butland and Rulli it is!
If I get a good youngster I'll sell Rulli.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Ofc, De Gea is a lot better, will keep him for 1-2 years and then Butland.

Edited by ilkork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ilkork said:

Thank you very much for the advice @sedge11 and @Chapman7.

Last thing to search for is the wage and FFP structure in England.

No problem, I hope we have helped.

Keep us updated on how it goes, always good to see other people's saves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Keep us updated on how it goes, always good to see other people's saves.

Will do :thup:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I trained Pogba to be natural at AMC, I played him as AP(A). He won premier league player of the year 

 

these were his stats the first year.

 

He didn't play a full slate of game because of an injury he picked up and i like to rotate pretty frequently. His injury cost me the premier league(i finished 2nd) but i won the Europa League. I also tried him at MC the first couple weeks of the season before I realized i needed him at AMC

 

 

 

 

 

 

20170508172456_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's taken me a few days as it always does to get through a summer window, but here are my transfer for the 2nd season.

591159a2e4126_2ndseasontransfers.thumb.jpg.7c3e1abad990163af159830902c3e9f7.jpg

Don't usually buy big signings, but to get Greizmann just that little bit cheaper I couldn't resist. I would usually go for Dier to replace Carrick, but I dont want to sign anyone that I did in my previous Man Utd save, so brought in Bigila, which I think is a steal at 8mil as his attributes are quality. Was going to keep Smalling, but when comparing him to Tuanzebe, Tuanzebe has the potential to be alot better than him, so decided to sell and develop Tuanzebe as he will now be my back up to Bailly with Rojo back up to Romagnoli.

This means my tactic and squad now looks like this for the 2nd season.

591159a650a53_2ndseasontactic.thumb.jpg.0e6521b9f19bd678a150a80ffda7a2e6.jpg

My only concern is the lack of English players, but still made the howngrown quota of 8 in my squad. With Rooney and Carrick gone, I made Herrera as captain and Blind as vice captain.

591159a955c9e_1stgameofseason.thumb.jpg.7eb19850b08289989c95b42046249f0d.jpg

This was the 1st game of the season, brilliant way to start and a brilliant captains performance from Herrera in his 1st game as captain.

Ibra and Young's contracts expire at the end of the 2nd season and I wont be renewing them, so am already lining up Belotti to replace Ibra and will probably have to buy and English player or 2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who's people using for their next opposition scout?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about to kick start a proper long term save now with Manchester United! Any advice on players to sign? I'm starting off with signing Paulo Dybala to play alongside Zlatan. This is the formation I'm going with...

 

                                       Goalkeeper

                                    Libero (support)

Left Wing Back (Atk) Central Defender (Def) Central Defender (Def) Right Wing Back (Atk)

      Box To Box Midfielder (Sup) Central Midfielder (Def) Box To Box Midfielder (Sup)

                     Complete Forward (Atk) Deep Lying Forward (Sup)

For Dybala I'm paying £30mil up front, £30mil in installments over 48 months and £10mil in add-ons. I'm also looking to ship out Romero and bring in the teenage wonderkid Gianluigi Donnarumma for £10mil up front £15mil in installments over 48 months and £5mil in add-ons.

I'm also looking to sell Daley Blind (provides huge funds to find myself a Libero), Jesse Lingard (not sure how much he goes for, but I don't intend to use an AMC). Juan Mata (same reason as Jesse), Wayne Rooney (useless and huge wages) and Ashley Young (I don't use wingers). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mikenevo An unusual formation that, I like it!!  Hope the libero works out for you, off the top of my head I can't think of any players who are natural in that role.

Infact, could Daley Blind not play there? He can play pretty much everywhere else!

 

Edited by DannyFM87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DannyFM87 said:

@mikenevo An unusual formation that, I like it!!  Hope the libero works out for you, off the top of my head I can't think of any players who are natural in that role.

 

Yeah I'm trying something different to the usual way of playing. Who knows it could be genius or it could even be a total disaster!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out that there really isn't much choice when it comes to signing a Libero. I've gone with Gonzalo Rodriquez (32 yr old) and Giancarlo González (28 yr old). The only real talent for this position is Leonardo Bonucci and Jan Vertonghen, but with both at 29 years old and costing in excess of £60mil, I decided to bring cheap options in until I find a young talent!

Early days, but we just beat Bayern 4 - 0 in pre-season with this formation, so I'm pretty pleased so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just hit the January transfer window in 2018, Pogba wants to join Real Madrid unless we win the Champions League this year -.- 

 

He finished runner up in all the major end of year awards behind Messi.

 

 

Martial is in the same boat with PSG. So if i don't win the Champions League i'm gonna have two world class young players wanting out, talk about pressure.

Edited by Cubelar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cubelar said:

Just hit the January transfer window in 2018, Pogba wants to join Real Madrid unless we win the Champions League this year -.- 

 

He finished runner up in all the major end of year awards behind Messi.

 

 

Martial is in the same boat with PSG. So if i don't win the Champions League i'm gonna have two world class young players wanting out, talk about pressure.

Best of luck winning the Champions League! I've not  been around here for a long while, how's your save gone in general so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't happy with what I'd done at the start of my save and the formation wasn't really working out, I totally forgot to sign up some staff as well, so I decided to restart and this time around I will be sticking with whatever happens!

This time around, I've remembered to do everything correctly, I've created my tactic, I've set up training based on the tactic, I've remembered to switch up the training focus during pre-season, I've signed all my targets early on and I've also figured out how to shift players out of the club easier! New staff members signed up to create a strong backroom team for training and the board were kind enough to allow us to have more coaching staff as I had hit the limit.

The Tactic

5917776852a2e_ManchesterUnited_Overview.thumb.png.22e4528258dfdf0739c86b883c9ee5c7.png 

I've signed...

Eric Dier from Tottenham

Gianluigi Donnarumma from A.C. Milan

Toni Lato from Valencia

Radja Nainggolan from Roma

Paulo Dybala from Juventus

I've sold...

Sergio Romero

Marcos Rojo

Phil Jones

Ashley Young

Wayne Rooney

Jesse Lingard

Some of the signings were very expensive, and so I've paid parts of the transfers over a 48 month period and added in add-ons depending on how well the players do for the club. Despite selling the players that I sold, we've pretty much maxed out on the transfer budget as I had to make quick sales and take whatever I could get, so we probably didn't get the best deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

mikenevo, how did you shift players out easier?

Basically I've had a few start ups to test out tactics and stuff and at the same time I've experimented with buying and selling and I've noticed that if I offer out all the players in one go right at the start, only half of them get interest. I decided to try out something new, so I offered a few out at the start and then when I got offers locked down, I then started to offer some more out. It basically took me a few weeks in game to do it, but strangely enough, none came back with no interest.

Also to add to that, I know several of my players will demand high wages and probably won't move on because of that, so when I offer my players out, I add the clause where I say I'll pay out part of the wages until the end of their current contract. This way players will take lower wages from other clubs. However, you only want to be doing this if your looking for a fast sale, which I was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mikenevo said:

Best of luck winning the Champions League! I've not  been around here for a long while, how's your save gone in general so far?

 

Pretty good. Finished runner up 1 point behind Chelsea in my first year and won the European League. 

 

Currently in 1st in my 2nd year

Edited by Cubelar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mikenevo said:

How did people find Rashford in the first season and did you use him? 

This is how he done for me in the 1st season, I mainly used him as a shadow striker behind Ibra.

rashford.thumb.jpg.571b7e6c7a6f0165467f39f9370f1a73.jpg

22 goals and 7 assists in all comps was good, so far in the 2nd season mainly using him as the striker, due to Ibra having a few injuries.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

This is how he done for me in the 1st season, I mainly used him as a shadow striker behind Ibra.

rashford.thumb.jpg.571b7e6c7a6f0165467f39f9370f1a73.jpg

22 goals and 7 assists in all comps was good, so far in the 2nd season mainly using him as the striker, due to Ibra having a few injuries.

 

Did you buy any other strikers or stick with Martial, Rashford and Ibra?

12930DEA1C3F28BE5C75E0B2CBB74CFE7D9121F9

This is Rashford for me, he's playing like an absolute beast, even as a substitute in first season.

Marcus Rashford_ History Career Stats.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...