FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, thim1993 said:

januzaj coming on. Those people into their second season or beyond, now that he has returned to the club how has he been doing?

A week into pre-season training, torn groin muscle. Out for 2 months so far. But he doesn't seem to have developed much on loan - his best position is probably AMR-IF, but he's way behind Mata and Miki in that position. Could play left-sided winger, but my tactic requires IFs over there, 

Finished my first season, winning the community shield, EFL Cup, Premier League and FA Cup. Only missed out on the Europa League, losing 1-0 agg to Tottenham in the quarter-final.

Start of season 2 there's pots of transfer budget, but some of the wage/agent demands are ridiculous. Had an offer for Dybala accepted; he wanted £450,000 a week, plus £10m signing bonus, and his agent wanted a £8m fee. Sent him along to Man City, who paid nearly all of that. Eventually settled on Morata who accepted £160,000 a week. Then the Zlatan suddenly announced he wanted to go to Juventus, who immediately followed up with a £3m-ish transfer. Martial is out for 3-4 months with a ruptured achilles, so I brought in Barbosa for £20-odd million.

A week into the season, Barcelona made an offer for an-apparently happy Darmian, which I refused. He went insane, handed in a transfer request. Two days later Dortmund made an offer for an-apparently happy Schneiderlin, which I refused. Then he goes mental. Smalling, who was my highest-rated player in season 1, wanted an improved contract 'to reflect his ability'. Fair enough, but his agent demanded £4m! For a player already on a contract with two years to run? On yer bike, mate.

Unlike a recent forum thread on a similar subject, I have no problem with this being in game. On the contrary, I think it's utterly realistic. But this might be the first version of FM where I don't do a full save in the Premier League - hate dealing with these blood-sucking parasites, even virtually.

1 hour ago, thim1993 said:

Just watching Sunderland game IRL and januzaj coming on. Those people into their second season or beyond, now that he has returned to the club how has he been doing?

Barely developed at all, I constantly checked on him during his loan spell and I don't recall seeing mass green arrows more than once. Either he is very close to his ceiling already or his personality is now pretty trash.

9 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

Barely developed at all, I constantly checked on him during his loan spell and I don't recall seeing mass green arrows more than once. Either he is very close to his ceiling already or his personality is now pretty trash.

Probably more the latter, shame really. Still we have plenty of options in the wider areas

How i'm lining up for the start of season 2.

lineup season 2.png

Transfers out, Sergio Romero 4m (OM), Wayne Rooney 7.25m (West Ham), Schneiderlin 32.5 (PSG), Lingard 40m (Everton), Varela 1.5m (Celtic)

Transfers in, Berahino Free transfer, Griezmann 65m and three regens adding up to around 5 million.

1 hour ago, Verby said:

How i'm lining up for the start of season 2.

lineup season 2.png

Transfers out, Sergio Romero 4m (OM), Wayne Rooney 7.25m (West Ham), Schneiderlin 32.5 (PSG), Lingard 40m (Everton), Varela 1.5m (Celtic)

Transfers in, Berahino Free transfer, Griezmann 65m and three regens adding up to around 5 million.

Good business but surely Morgan could do a better job as box to box than fellaini?

2 minutes ago, thim1993 said:

Good business but surely Morgan could do a better job as box to box than fellaini?

Maybe so, I didnt give Morgan enough of a chance last season to be fair to him but when I gave Fellani his chance he played terrific so he stayed in the team and Morgan left, at HOME I like to move the DM up to CAM and then play two strikers and i've found Fellani plays great as a TM (Support), Moyes style lol so he can cover there when i'm short.

Reached the end of my first season. Narrowily missed out on the league to arsenal by two points, but won the Europa and fa cup. Looking at options for signings this summer, griezmann for striker role but spotted that ousmane dembele is available for 19 mil, has anyone else signed him?

43 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

You could go for Zaza provided West Ham don't take the option of signing him.£30m will get him,he scored 26 league goals for them last season on my save.

He's a United player now.

Interesting idea but on my game he scored 2 prem goals with average rating of 6.63 so guessing he varies a lot haha

I have also been using Ozil's 3-4-3 Ajax formation and it's doing well. It's taken the players some time to get used to it, and I don't feel like it gets the best out of Pogba, but I am 2nd in the league and Ibrahimovic is on 11 goals so far with 16 games played.

I bought Danilo and Manolas as my two signings as I'm playing this on my Youtube Channel during the Beta before switching for my Main save, so I'm not really looking to the future. I thought when I changed to 3-4-3 I could have brought in better players but I've converted Danilo and Luke Shaw into MR and ML and they are both playing really well. Manolas also has the pace needed in the back three and has been outstanding.

That line up isn't the first team, I made the mistake of thinking I could play a weak side against Southampton away, and lose my first match in three months.

2E1341E2B8CE3A01E3FD4E327EF83DF5B2899D06

580932554C97A33EA38DFA09D20FE675F5820B83

F9EAC5C92E1AAA533E6DC2388AE937E74190A019

1 hour ago, JNOUnited said:

I have also been using Ozil's 3-4-3 Ajax formation and it's doing well. It's taken the players some time to get used to it, and I don't feel like it gets the best out of Pogba, but I am 2nd in the league and Ibrahimovic is on 11 goals so far with 16 games played.

I bought Danilo and Manolas as my two signings as I'm playing this on my Youtube Channel during the Beta before switching for my Main save, so I'm not really looking to the future. I thought when I changed to 3-4-3 I could have brought in better players but I've converted Danilo and Luke Shaw into MR and ML and they are both playing really well. Manolas also has the pace needed in the back three and has been outstanding.

That line up isn't the first team, I made the mistake of thinking I could play a weak side against Southampton away, and lose my first match in three months.

2E1341E2B8CE3A01E3FD4E327EF83DF5B2899D06

580932554C97A33EA38DFA09D20FE675F5820B83

F9EAC5C92E1AAA533E6DC2388AE937E74190A019

Manolas looks very steady this year, how much did you manage to get him for?

axehan1 I will try them out as wide midfielders. I worry they won't provide the width though but I'll give it a go in some games.

Thim1993 I think I may have over paid for him. I'll check when I can but around 20 to 25m is the number I can remember of the top of my head. I think you can get him for less.

29 minutes ago, JNOUnited said:

axehan1 I will try them out as wide midfielders. I worry they won't provide the width though but I'll give it a go in some games.

Thim1993 I think I may have over paid for him. I'll check when I can but around 20 to 25m is the number I can remember of the top of my head. I think you can get him for less.

Errr I would consider 20-25 for koke as a bargain if that's the deal you managed to get. Athletico demanded 50 odd from me 

1 minute ago, thim1993 said:

Errr I would consider 20-25 for koke as a bargain if that's the deal you managed to get. Athletico demanded 50 odd from me 

I'm answering your Manolas question. Sorry, should have had his name in there.

41 minutes ago, JNOUnited said:

That's the beauty with wide midfielders,all the options are there for you, I play Martial and Luke Shaw and they both play completely different,Martial picks the ball out wide and drives inside or if the ball is on the other wing he is a presence in the box,whereas Shaw likes to run with the ball down the left so I either leave his PI's alone or tell him to cut inside if I want him to.

Koke didn't come cheap £50m.

Just met Arsenal in the community shield.We were 4 up in 19mins.

8jbrdUI.png?1

4 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

That's the beauty with wide midfielders,all the options are there for you, I play Martial and Luke Shaw and they both play completely different,Martial picks the ball out wide and drives inside or if the ball is on the other wing he is a presence in the box,whereas Shaw likes to run with the ball down the left so I either leave his PI's alone or tell him to cut inside if I want him to.

Koke didn't come cheap £50m.

Just met Arsenal in the community shield.We were 4 up in 19mins.

8jbrdUI.png?1

Out of the players you bought, who would you say has been most effective. Does Michael Keane really help defensively.

53 minutes ago, JNOUnited said:

Out of the players you bought, who would you say has been most effective. Does Michael Keane really help defensively.

Mkhitaryan is an assist machine,Rashford scored 30+ last season,Martial playing as WM(L) scored 25+ and Laporte as BPD was amazing which is why I bought Michael Keane decent pace and passing to play as a right sided BPD.

2 minutes ago, mikenevo said:

A real star in the making surely?

Yeah I'm pinning my future squad on him, he's currently being tutored by a 36yo Ronaldo. Alongside these other three who have come through as well, its essentially going to be the spine of my side for years:

3620c59c26aa8b876033c9de5e90da89.jpg

a1bec4a57050f31ec5229178bb07b06f.jpg

289da30596e8e4d680b28351c10cf3e8.jpg

1 hour ago, axehan1 said:

Mkhitaryan is an assist machine,Rashford scored 30+ last season,Martial playing as WM(L) scored 25+ and Laporte as BPD was amazing which is why I bought Michael Keane decent pace and passing to play as a right sided BPD.

Yeah mykhitaryan has been sensational for too, playing on the right as an inside forward instructed to make more risky passes, got 31 assists in league during my first season

1 hour ago, harrycarrie said:

Had this guy just come through my youth intake day, he's literally obscene for his age:

29929d4113057815c8691d5d694df239.png

You could mold him into the perfect attacking player for your style.

1 hour ago, thim1993 said:

Yeah mykhitaryan has been sensational for too, playing on the right as an inside forward instructed to make more risky passes, got 31 assists in league during my first season

How are you setting the team up around him?

20 minutes ago, Mikeraff said:

How are you setting the team up around him?

Changed my tactics A bit so I have three in midfield. Pogba in the box to box role on the left with instructions to move into channels. Carrick or Morgan as a deep lying playmaker and then Herrera as an advanced playmaker with instruction to get further forward. Zlatan/rashford are set to complete forward support role so Herrera and pogba end up getting beyond him. And then martial is an inside forward attack off the left

ive got mario fernandes at full back overlapping mikhi

Just played my first ever competitive match in the community shield against Leicester City and I'm hoping that it wasn't just pure luck, but we won 5-1! :D 

I'm playing a 4 - 3 - 3 formation which has 1 defensive mid and 2 playmaker central mids and 3 strikers. We were 4 - 0 up within 36 minutes as well which surprised me, with Martial running riot and then Pogba and Zlatan getting a goal each. Had to sub Zlatan off at half time though as he had a slight injury before the match and I didn't want to risk him too much! It sort of stagnated from that point.

28 minutes ago, thim1993 said:

Changed my tactics A bit so I have three in midfield. Pogba in the box to box role on the left with instructions to move into channels. Carrick or Morgan as a deep lying playmaker and then Herrera as an advanced playmaker with instruction to get further forward. Zlatan/rashford are set to complete forward support role so Herrera and pogba end up getting beyond him. And then martial is an inside forward attack off the left

ive got mario fernandes at full back overlapping mikhi

thats the way I set up in FM16 too:D

same RB 

and like you I dont use a no.10 so that means selling mata/rooney the later I dont mind moving on the former though is one I dont want too but it brings in good transfer funds to bring in cover for the CM...on that anyone brought in Tielemans in FM17

15 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

thats the way I set up in FM16 too:D

same RB 

and like you I dont use a no.10 so that means selling mata/rooney the later I dont mind moving on the former though is one I dont want too but it brings in good transfer funds to bring in cover for the CM...on that anyone brought in Tielemans in FM17

Haha yeah I like it. Yeah mata and Rooney don't fit in to the system. Mata can do a job on the right and Rooney suppose could be back striker but would rather bring in a younger cm like you say

havent tried tielemans on this game, the scout report I got on him wasn't that brilliant 

yes I tried mata at AMR he did fine but Miki was simply awesome so was always first choice leading to Mata becoming unhappy and with a £40m offer from psg in window no brainer really 

got teilemans in and for some reason I panicked on deadline day  and swapped morgan for drinkwater plus £10m:idiot:

the young lad was a first team regular by end of season(due to pogba being out for 3 months) but danny failed as my DM lower stats than carrick

Archived