Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
mikenevo

FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

Recommended Posts

On 18/11/2016 at 16:08, Powello said:

Why? lol you always ask for screenshots. There's no point as I will have trained him up far different to how you would so any attributes would be different to what he would turn out like for you. Look at what he has on your game and think about how you would play him and train him

That's a very defensive response to a fair question.

It almost sounds like you have edited the player's attributes and don't want people out you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

That's a very defensive response to a fair question.

It almost sounds like you have edited the player's attributes and don't want people out you.

Ha, no it's because when you get PM's asking for screenshots and loads of posts also asking them from the same person when there is no point, it starts to get annoying after a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Powello; I love how much you try integrate youth.. im of similar nature.

4th season starting: Have Johnson, Borwick Jackson, Warren, fosu Mensah, rashford, gribben, gomez, lingaard, wilson &tuanzebe in main squad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moyesout said:

Powello; I love how much you try integrate youth.. im of similar nature.

4th season starting: Have Johnson, Borwick Jackson, Warren, fosu Mensah, rashford, gribben, gomez, lingaard, wilson &tuanzebe in main squad.

 

It's the United way :)

Borthwick-Jackson, Warren, Fosuh Mensah, Rashford, Gomez, Lingard and Tuanzebe all turn out great, and Gribbon's not too shabby either, apart form Lingard, I still have them after 8 seasons.

Wilson never really got going for me, he has been stuck playing for championship sides since I sold him. And have forgotten who Jonson is so can't comment on him.

I must confess, season 8 January transfer window has just come and I have spent a lot of money as the current crop of youngsters have proven to not be ready yet fully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished my first season and it has probably been my most successful first season in a loooong time. Won the league, FA Cup and Europa League. In FM 16 I was sacked by United before Christmas first time out, so nice to be on top of it a bit early.

Rewarded my backroom team by sacking half of them and bringing in some better replacements. Also released a large chunk of youth players who don't look like they'll make the grade. Trying to streamline the club as there's just too many average youngsters and coaches.

Brought Robben and Berahino in on free transfers. Can't see any real downside to either. Robben will probably only last a season, but will tutor and who knows, maybe has some magic left in him. Berahino will act as an all purpose back up for striker, AMR and even AMC roles if needed. Again, worst possibility is he doesn't get games and I can sell him at a profit.

Also brought in Radja Nainggolan, I spent a few months unsettling him and offering about 25 million and it seemed to be working. Roma were asking for 57 which was not happening, but then offered this negotiation were it was semi-negotiable with the lowest being 40mil. I didn't want to pull out because I reckoned that couldn't help, so I offered the 40 expecting them to reject. They accepted and I basically paid about 10 million more than I wanted. Whoops. 

Rojo, Romero, Johnstone now all officially out of the club. Rooney had to go on another loan. Carrick retired and now I want to shift either Schneiderlin or Blind. Had a 32 mil bid for Schneiderlin but he turned down the wages of PSG. Blind has minor interest from Real Madrid and Barca, so I am trying to get him out and maximise cash in.

In terms of youth, debuts were given to Gribbin, Gomes, Tuanzebe, Ro-Shaun, Chong, Luis Florentino, Kuki and Jordan Williams. Tuanzebe is now going out on loan but I had planned on keeping the rest for another season to tutor and train. Joel Pereira and Borthwick-Jackson are now both back from loan and have been brought into the first team as backups. Januzaj is out for 9 months, James Wilson and Andrea Pereira are available for sale or loan. 

All in all, my aim to bring up mainly youth is well on its way as long as I can stay reasonably successful in the mean time. Bit worried my first team squad is bloated (25 players before selling Blind/Schneiderlin) before I get to any of the above youth. Probably need to be more ruthless with average players like Jones and Lingard but they have are so useful considering number of positions they cover!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crestofadave said:

Finished my first season and it has probably been my most successful first season in a loooong time. Won the league, FA Cup and Europa League. In FM 16 I was sacked by United before Christmas first time out, so nice to be on top of it a bit early.

Rewarded my backroom team by sacking half of them and bringing in some better replacements. Also released a large chunk of youth players who don't look like they'll make the grade. Trying to streamline the club as there's just too many average youngsters and coaches.

Brought Robben and Berahino in on free transfers. Can't see any real downside to either. Robben will probably only last a season, but will tutor and who knows, maybe has some magic left in him. Berahino will act as an all purpose back up for striker, AMR and even AMC roles if needed. Again, worst possibility is he doesn't get games and I can sell him at a profit.

Also brought in Radja Nainggolan, I spent a few months unsettling him and offering about 25 million and it seemed to be working. Roma were asking for 57 which was not happening, but then offered this negotiation were it was semi-negotiable with the lowest being 40mil. I didn't want to pull out because I reckoned that couldn't help, so I offered the 40 expecting them to reject. They accepted and I basically paid about 10 million more than I wanted. Whoops. 

Rojo, Romero, Johnstone now all officially out of the club. Rooney had to go on another loan. Carrick retired and now I want to shift either Schneiderlin or Blind. Had a 32 mil bid for Schneiderlin but he turned down the wages of PSG. Blind has minor interest from Real Madrid and Barca, so I am trying to get him out and maximise cash in.

In terms of youth, debuts were given to Gribbin, Gomes, Tuanzebe, Ro-Shaun, Chong, Luis Florentino, Kuki and Jordan Williams. Tuanzebe is now going out on loan but I had planned on keeping the rest for another season to tutor and train. Joel Pereira and Borthwick-Jackson are now both back from loan and have been brought into the first team as backups. Januzaj is out for 9 months, James Wilson and Andrea Pereira are available for sale or loan. 

All in all, my aim to bring up mainly youth is well on its way as long as I can stay reasonably successful in the mean time. Bit worried my first team squad is bloated (25 players before selling Blind/Schneiderlin) before I get to any of the above youth. Probably need to be more ruthless with average players like Jones and Lingard but they have are so useful considering number of positions they cover!

Nice write up :)

I had Robben in on a free and he did ok for about a season and a half, I was surprised he still had the pace at his age.  He was a good tutor aswell.

Lingard really isn't average though, played in the AMR slot as an IF he does really well, well he does well in the AML slot aswell, at the very least he is a very good back up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the 1st season. Won the league comfortably and also won Europa League with a stroll in the park performance against Fenerbahce in the final, winning 3-0 in the first 30 minutes.

I bought only Kalidou Koulibaly in winter transfer window for 45mil euros.

During the summer I built the squad the way I feel comfortable, bringing Dele Alli for 69mil euros, Brendan Galloway for 13.5 mil, Milan Badelj for 16mil and Saido Berahino on free transfer.

Mensah was retrained to RB and is now natural in this position.

I sold Daley Blind, Wayne Rooney and Pereira. Out on loan are Januzaj, Depay, Wilson, Williams and Brothwick-Jackson. Carrick retired.

We started the 2nd season furiously trashing Chelsea in CS, beating Real Madrid in SuperCup. In the league we have 5 wins from 5 games, destroying Liverpool 3-0 and Tottenham 5-1 and we opened our CL season by demolishing AC Milan 4-0 at San Siro. We are playing phenomenal football based on quick transition and deadly counter attacks.

The first team looks like this:

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=d212

Most notable bench players who are in standard rotation are Zlatan, Mikhitaryan, Schniederlin, Fosu-Mensah and Badelj.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sell Lingard, Sign Ravel.

 

I was still laughing on my way to the bank after selling Jesse to the chavs for £25m, then I remembered having success with Ravel in last years game, so I picked him up for  £1.5m easy since he never performs for the AI.  But he always does very well on my 442 on either wing, or as the supporting striker/false nine.  Still in January and locked in a tight race for the title, this is what Ravel did on his (re)debut.

 

moN2iog.jpg

Luan is my other new signing in Jan and finally got off the mark after 3-4 mediocre games.

Edited by Sky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

September 2019, so season 4 and here are screenshots of the United youngsters who are part of my 1st team squad.

2SaINFq.png?1

oqPN4Lm.png?1

Hrt7gkL.png?1

neF64l6.png?1

fOpXa3A.png?1

UdeKmkD.png?1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, crestofadave said:

Also brought in Radja Nainggolan, I spent a few months unsettling him and offering about 25 million and it seemed to be working. Roma were asking for 57 which was not happening, but then offered this negotiation were it was semi-negotiable with the lowest being 40mil. I didn't want to pull out because I reckoned that couldn't help, so I offered the 40 expecting them to reject. They accepted and I basically paid about 10 million more than I wanted. Whoops. 

Rojo, Romero, Johnstone now all officially out of the club. Rooney had to go on another loan. Carrick retired and now I want to shift either Schneiderlin or Blind. Had a 32 mil bid for Schneiderlin but he turned down the wages of PSG. Blind has minor interest from Real Madrid and Barca, so I am trying to get him out and maximise cash in.

Nainggolan sent off after 11 minutes of his debut, so looks like Schneiderlin and Blind are coming straight back off the transfer list :lol:

Capture.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2016 at 03:48, Verby said:

 

Stand out players we're obviously Griezmann, Martial and Berahino, scoring 91 goals between the 3 of them.

I signed Berahino in my Everton game, but I'm struggling to get good performances from him. Can i ask where you play him and in what role? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will try to document what happened in my first season on my first game before I forget. I didn't have time to play the beta this year, I Loaded up my tactics from 16 and made minor adjustments since wing play has been toned down, and AI defending bolstered.  As always, first transfer window disabled, editor disabled, no mods or EDT files other than enabling Germany/Japan NT and graphic packs.  January transfer window:

In: Luan (12.25m), Ravel (1.5m), Eric Dier (38m-42m) Total: £52m

Out: Fellaini (14m), Lingard (25m), Valencia (2.9m), Zlatan (3.9m-4.9m), Carrick (675k) Total: £47.5m

As I mentioned above, I signed Ravel because he fits my system perfectly.  Since wing play has been nerfed, I no longer need pacey wingers to beat people over and over, technical players like him also work very well.  He is very composed on the ball and I can trust him to move it around and keep the attack flowing.  Luan is someone I hadn't really heard of until Arsenal signed him in last years game and I realized he's pretty good.  He was transfer listed for that amount and I snapped him up... he costed half a Lingard.  He ended up scoring like 18 goals in six months and completely replaced Rooney in the false nine position.  Eric Dier was my dream signing this year.  It was easy to unsettle him since he loves us, and I managed to get his fee down from the initial asking price of 92m down to a more reasonable figure on deadline day.  He is the perfect dynamic midfield hardman to partner Pogba, who scored a ton of goals for me and even more assists from the midfield Scholes role.

4H0L6T9.jpg  very happy with those tight 1-0's and 2-0's

Yd1zwtY.jpg ff6sniN.jpg

Ravel scoring his first goal for the club, an absolute belter from outside the box.  And then...  in the Europa Cup final against Lyon, I made the bold decision of starting him on the right midfield over Mhikitaryan who is statistically the better player and my regular starter.  He scored the opening goal in less than 30 seconds as we went on to win 3-0.

We were about 4 points ahead in January and ended up walking the league by April, finishing with 93 points.  Chelsea did poorly and was around midtable for awhile, Conte's 343 did not translate well and I remember destroying them easily, Conte was sacked somewhere in March/April.  Basti and Fellaini were dropped to reserves, Fosu Mensah promoted to 1st team by January and became Carrick's understudy.

Season 2 will see a further clearout of deadwood, namely Schneiderlin, Blind, and Rojo.  Opportunities will be handed out to returning young loanees like Januzaj, Pereira, Tuanzebe, CBJ, and Wilson.  I have already sold Blind and Mata for good money like I always do, and signed Isco for £33.5m (he was transfer listed and barely played for Madrid).

Oh yes, almost forgot.  I delegate my staff and board to handle most things like contract negotations, and I nearly **** myself when Woodward activated the one year extension on Zlatan's contract.  I love the man, but he is just as inconsistent as he is IRL, so I was more than happy to ship him off to Spurs when they came sniffing around.  Maybe that helped soften their grip on Dier in that same transfer window.  Martial will get his #9 back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the weirdest start to a season.

uOVamXL.png?1

After 9 games second place only has 4 wins!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, axehan1 said:

This is the weirdest start to a season.

uOVamXL.png?1

After 9 games second place only has 4 wins!!

Well technically 3rd,4th and 5th can all be on 5 if they win their game in hand :p

 

3 hours ago, Sky said:

I Loaded up my tactics from 16 and made minor adjustments since wing play has been toned down, and AI defending bolstered.

 

Wing play really hasn't been toned down, they might claim it has but, unless I have found some loophole with my tactics, my wide men create a lot of my goals and score a load aswell, and I score a lot of goals. Did it in my Salford save aswell, so it's not just because I am United. I have found it so much easier to score on 17 than 16 and I scored a shed load on 16 haha.

I have seen a lot of people have great success with narrow formations, which at first led me to believe that wide play had been toned down, until I actually played wide. What I find with playing wide, it opens a big gap in the middle for my F9 and SS to exploit from whipped in crosses from the wide players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following on from the youngsters discussion as Powello says it's definitely the United way. I'm almost at the end of my 3rd and my youngsters careers are going quite well...

Rashford - Guarenteed starter for me now, whether it's from the wing or up front

Fosu-Mensah - Plays every game if fit and has done since January first season, absolute beast in the holding role

Tuanzebe - After some loan spells he's turned into my first choice centre back alongside Gimenez, he's taken Smalling's spot this season. Has an England cap now too.

Shaun-Williams - Actually rated him higher than Tuanzebe until recently but he's still a capable member of the squad and is 4th choice centre back

Borthwick-Jackson - Love this guy. Really pushing Shaw for the DL spot, never lets me down and is great going forward. Also a member of the England squad now as well.

Gomes - Wasn't too impressed with him to start with but to be fair he was 16 at the start of the game but he's a regular starter now for the first team. Usually Martial and Embolo start but he's the next option on either wing. Only 18 too, hopefully will keep developing.

Gribbin - Bit like Gomes, has taken his time to get into the first team squad but again he's my next option in midfield should Rafinha get injured. Gribbin himself picks up lots of niggles though and I think it's stopped developing into an even better player but at 19 he still has time.

Chong and Burkhart - Neither have quite made the first team yet but they've always been out on loan. Both impressing on current loan spells so might be a chance to bring them into the squad next season.

Lingard - Just sold him for £27m to Southampton. Tough decision because he never let him down but with the emergance of Gomes, his games have been limited and you can't knock that price.

So for me 7 are first team members now with 2 potentially still to come into the squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else find it hard to sell on this game? 

I've just completed my Second Season...Won Champions League, League Cup, Super Cup and Community Shield but came second in the league. But for some reason, even after winning all that, I can't seem to sell any of my players!

Trying to get rid of Bailly (who started every game for me last season) but no one is interested. Same with Depay, Schniederlin, Herrera. Whenever I offer to clubs, they're either not interested, offer a stupidly low amount, or just want to loan.

Any tips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dale0718 said:

Does anyone else find it hard to sell on this game? 

I've just completed my Second Season...Won Champions League, League Cup, Super Cup and Community Shield but came second in the league. But for some reason, even after winning all that, I can't seem to sell any of my players!

Trying to get rid of Bailly (who started every game for me last season) but no one is interested. Same with Depay, Schniederlin, Herrera. Whenever I offer to clubs, they're either not interested, offer a stupidly low amount, or just want to loan.

Any tips?

It's a combination of :

 

you wanting to sell, so they won't offer anywhere near value...

Wages....no-one can really pay ma nutd wages

Reputation... players rep is too high and teams won't even put an offer in if they don't think the player will want to come (same as we won't after seeing ascout report saying he isn't interested)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dale0718 said:

Does anyone else find it hard to sell on this game? 

I've just completed my Second Season...Won Champions League, League Cup, Super Cup and Community Shield but came second in the league. But for some reason, even after winning all that, I can't seem to sell any of my players!

Trying to get rid of Bailly (who started every game for me last season) but no one is interested. Same with Depay, Schniederlin, Herrera. Whenever I offer to clubs, they're either not interested, offer a stupidly low amount, or just want to loan.

Any tips?

I find it pretty easy to sell, most of the time clubs are interested in them, so I just offer them out for a few million less than value, then when they come in with an offer I negotiate it higher. Helps when clubs like PSG practically want my whole team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Welshace said:

It's a combination of :

 

you wanting to sell, so they won't offer anywhere near value...

Wages....no-one can really pay ma nutd wages

Reputation... players rep is too high and teams won't even put an offer in if they don't think the player will want to come (same as we won't after seeing ascout report saying he isn't interested)

Yeah, I can understand that! Just frustrating that no one ever comes in for my players. I want to bring the youth through but finding it hard to keep everyone happy.

35 minutes ago, Powello said:

I find it pretty easy to sell, most of the time clubs are interested in them, so I just offer them out for a few million less than value, then when they come in with an offer I negotiate it higher. Helps when clubs like PSG practically want my whole team

I'm almost certain PSG have never come in for one of my players!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dale0718 said:

I'm almost certain PSG have never come in for one of my players!

Surprising, most people have said about PSG wanting their players/buying them. Make sure you are giving gamnes to the players that you want to sell, if they are playing and performing well it helps get interest for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, Powello said:

Wing play really hasn't been toned down, they might claim it has but, unless I have found some loophole with my tactics, my wide men create a lot of my goals and score a load aswell, and I score a lot of goals. Did it in my Salford save aswell, so it's not just because I am United. I have found it so much easier to score on 17 than 16 and I scored a shed load on 16 haha.

I have seen a lot of people have great success with narrow formations, which at first led me to believe that wide play had been toned down, until I actually played wide. What I find with playing wide, it opens a big gap in the middle for my F9 and SS to exploit from whipped in crosses from the wide players.

It's not so much that wingers have been dumbed down, they haven't, and crosses are still dangerous, but I feel like the fullbacks no longer act like training dummies, and they actually shut down the passing lanes and position themselves better.  Last year I literally exploited the flanks and by the second or third season, I could field half a team of regens and youths and still dominate the league.  Anyone with decent crossing can play wing.  Interesting that you are experiencing the opposite though, I guess that's the beauty of the game.  I have a lot more 1-0's and 2-1's this year, wheresa last year it was like 5-2 or 4-0 whenever I dominate.

7 hours ago, Dale0718 said:

Does anyone else find it hard to sell on this game? 

I've just completed my Second Season...Won Champions League, League Cup, Super Cup and Community Shield but came second in the league. But for some reason, even after winning all that, I can't seem to sell any of my players!

Trying to get rid of Bailly (who started every game for me last season) but no one is interested. Same with Depay, Schniederlin, Herrera. Whenever I offer to clubs, they're either not interested, offer a stupidly low amount, or just want to loan.

Any tips?

In addition to what Welshace said, I believe timing also plays a role in this.  For example, in July, my striker Luan was valued at 28m and just for kicks I offered him out at a price of 30m to see what would happen.  No one was interested and he got upset.  Then I continued playing until the transfer deadline day, and Madrid tried to come in with a last minute bid of 33m.  I think it's possible that the player himself wasn't interested in the move back in July and the AI knew this, but perhaps he changed his mind and is more open to a move in late August.  Same thing for Schneiderlin, no one was interested at first so I took him off the transfer list and gave him back his squad status, and waited a week or two.  Eventually Madrid came with a generous bid and off he went.

Edited by Sky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sky said:

 

It's not so much that wingers have been dumbed down, they haven't, and crosses are still dangerous, but I feel like the fullbacks no longer act like training dummies, and they actually shut down the passing lanes and position themselves better.  Last year I literally exploited the flanks and by the second or third season, I could field half a team of regens and youths and still dominate the league.  Anyone with decent crossing can play wing.  Interesting that you are experiencing the opposite though, I guess that's the beauty of the game.  I have a lot more 1-0's and 2-1's this year, wheresa last year it was like 5-2 or 4-0 whenever I dominate.

I have found wing play for the AI to be less effective than last year, I used to concede the majority of my goals last year from crosses, this year it#s through the middle, mainly because my defence sit around the halfway line so it's expected, but I have found my wingbacks actually know how to close down opposition wide players this time, it is weird that the AI ones have no clue when I am attacking though lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Champions League semi final 2nd leg against City. I am 3-1 up from the first leg at their ground. 1 step away form another final and it is the clash of the 2 best strikers in Europe currently

clash_of_the_titans.png

I reccomend you snap up Doucet if you can, he starts off in Bordeaux's reserves, Juve signed him in the second season for a measly 925k, city paid 71m for him in the 8th and he is like this now

doucet.png

I am annoyed that I missed him and now city have him and he likes to score against me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Powello said:

Champions League semi final 2nd leg against City. I am 3-1 up from the first leg at their ground. 1 step away form another final and it is the clash of the 2 best strikers in Europe currently

clash_of_the_titans.png

I reccomend you snap up Doucet if you can, he starts off in Bordeaux's reserves, Juve signed him in the second season for a measly 925k, city paid 71m for him in the 8th and he is like this now

doucet.png

I am annoyed that I missed him and now city have him and he likes to score against me.

 

He's a regen mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signed Renato Sanches in the 2nd season for £62m, the lad is an absolute beast, seems to be just as good as he was in FM16

Him and Pogba in my super sexy 3-5-1-1 run the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, axehan1 said:

He's a regen mate.

Fair enough, I just saw he started in the first season so assumed he was a proper player lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 8 review

After starting the season getting hammered in the Community Shield 4-0 by City(with that Doucet scoring all 4) and then losing to Monaco 4-3 in the Super cup, I thought we were in for a long, much harder season. But then I was also looking forward tio it as it has all been far to easy for the last 5 years or so. But up until New Years Day, we won every game in the league except 3, which we drew. What followed was yet another Premier League unbeaten season, lost count how many in a row that is now, think it's 5 or 6.

I Played the kids in the EFL cup to give some of them a chance, they lost 2-0 in the 4th round against a full strength West Ham side, bbut gave a good account. The World Club Championships were easy as expected, first beating a Japanese team 4-0 in the semi then winning 2-0 against the Brazilians, ATM.

The Champions League threw up a potential tough group of Juventus, Dortmund and Viktoria Plzen, but apart from a 2-0 loss to Juventus, we won every other group game. We had a couple of losses in the knockout rounds but made up for it in the other legs to go through and finally meet Monaco in the Final for a repeat of the Super Cup. This time though, we won it 4-0 comfortably

The FA Cup was easy, stormed through to the Final without conceding a goal, only to meet City in the Final. We had already got our own back on them for the Community Shield loss earlier, by smashing 16 goals past them in the 2 league games, including an 11-1 thrashing of them at their own ground. The final was tough, both teams didn't really go all out, aware of either teams dangerous attackers, so it went to extra time and I though sod it let's go overload for the 30 mins, with Rashford duly obliging with an ET hat trick and Romero also getting in on the act with 1 to make the final score 5-1.

season_8_overview.png

And the Rashford update:-
Rashfordddd.png

He is still scoring for fun and is now the leading all time scorer in all comps for United, with many years left to play.

Here's the player stats for the season:-
player_stats_p1.png
player_stats_p2.png

I was pleased to get a lot more out of Pogba this season and he is now finally playing as he should be.

I signed this bloke in January for 80m. He started off like he was on speed, scoring 3 and assisting 8 in his first 3 games, then he died off a bit and had a couple of injuries. I expect to see a lot of him next season.

dunga.png

Once again I have to cut a million off the wage bill so will be selling off a few players, with some also retiring. For some reason, even though we can afford a lot more, the board are only willing to give me a 5.5m wage budget every season now. So more of the youngsters shall be promoted and given chances, I doubt I'll be signing anyone, if I do it's likely freebies for tutoring. But I may buy 1 marquee signing, depends whats about.

 

 

Edited by Powello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone stuck with Phil Jones? I am in 1st season and really didn't play him too much as smalling Rojo and Bailey all rotate to keep me solid and Williams will come in for game experience un cups. So in January transfer window I have just sold him to Spurs for £18m? just worried this may of been a mistake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alioz said:

Has anyone stuck with Phil Jones? I am in 1st season and really didn't play him too much as smalling Rojo and Bailey all rotate to keep me solid and Williams will come in for game experience un cups. So in January transfer window I have just sold him to Spurs for £18m? just worried this may of been a mistake?

I didn't sell him till the 5th season, he was 3rd choice behind smalling and Bailly, but played a lot and was good when he played, but Williams came through and did well so didn't really need him any more. It's only a mistake selling a player if you regret it, he might play for you totally different to others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Alioz said:

Has anyone stuck with Phil Jones? I am in 1st season and really didn't play him too much as smalling Rojo and Bailey all rotate to keep me solid and Williams will come in for game experience un cups. So in January transfer window I have just sold him to Spurs for £18m? just worried this may of been a mistake?

He's a good squad player. I've kept him so far because he's English and he can play multiple positions. He's a good right-back when trying to close up shop. 

As of now (start of 3rd season), he's behind Bailly, Smalling, Gimenez and Axel Tuanzebe. Rojo has just been sold to China and Fosu-Mensah plays in my midfield. 

He gets some game time though because in big games, I play with 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs, so there is a lot of room for rotation without too much disruption to the flow of my squad. 

In 'easier' games I play with a flat back 4 and push one of the positions into a 3rd centre midfielder to add more creativity. 

Edited by Mattyboy89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jones is my highest rated defender, at 3.5-4 stars.  Smalling and Bailly only 3, and Rojo I shipped off not because he is a poor defender but because he gets complacent too easily.  I converted Jones into a RB because he has 13 crossing, and because Atletico came in with a generous bid for Darmian and I let him go for twice what he paid for him, knowing I wouldn't get much higher than that and he has already reached his ceiling.  He (Jones) hardly ever gets injured as well, and can also do a job at DM although I've already got Dier and TFM there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 games into the season and it's 1st verses 2nd

lE3iIH2.png?1

Leaving the table looking like this.

YHLzaAg.png?1

I'm hoping to wrap it up as quick as possible so I can blood as many youngsters as I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just posted this is in the funny screenshots thread but thought I had to show you guys.

Look who's playing football in Brazil.

dNuKJxd.png?1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy sh*t what an absolutely mental sponsorship deal, is that a bug? One year at £51m.

BPbKFdC.png?1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B7437B41534ED74D0555FD67C14105045AF8487D

has to be said... mashed spuds :D

but like every other game I concede in... they score from creating hardly anything.

Edited by scott MUFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, axehan1 said:

Was this sorted in the previous update or have I just dodged a bullet?

sWMWEXT.png?1

That's what I thankfully had aswell on mine, my save has been running since beta though so dunno if it has been sorted in updates or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I thought I might go unbeaten through season 4 but home to Newcastle we give away 2 goals through 2 headed back passes that fall short of the keeper.

Bloody fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, scott MUFC said:

so my save right now.. I'm up to THIS actual weekends fixtures just done.

Watford are 3rd.... what on?

 

Yeah I'm in my 1st season around mid Feb and they are still in 4th! but there are only 4 points separating me in 3rd to Liverpool in 8th! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2016 at 08:30, Sky said:

I will try to document what happened in my first season on my first game before I forget.

In: Luan (12.25m), Ravel (1.5m), Eric Dier (38m-42m) Total: £52m

Out: Fellaini (14m), Lingard (25m), Valencia (2.9m), Zlatan (3.9m-4.9m), Carrick (675k) Total: £47.5m

So to continue on from my last post, here's my second season transfers

A5HdkHj.jpg

James Ward-Prowse - bought him to play center or right midfield, he ended up deputising Phil Jones at RB/RWB. I actually regret paying that much but the fans loved him.

Isco - played mostly at left wing, solid performer, finished the season with 10 goals 7 assists.

Jerry St. Juste / Jorge Mere - two young defenders I brought in to replace Blind and Rojo, developing nicely, loaned out Ro-Shaun and they are keeping Tuanzebe out of the first team.

Pierre Zebli - signed him on the cheap because I liked his high physical stats, he looks like a typical Chelsea/Mourinho type DM, does very well for my U23's and also shined in his handful of first team appearances.

The rest are regens.  I wrapped up the league by April.  My second season was very much like Leicester's year, a very weak league, I finished with 93 points and Arsenal only had 77 in second place.  Chelsea, City and Liverpool all capitulated and fell out of top 4, and sacked their managers.  Spurs finished 3rd, Southampton 4th, Watford 5th and surprisingly Leicester at 6th (they were near the bottom on my first season).  Martial scored 31 league goals as my #9.  Januzaj performed well above expectations at right wing, finishing with 17 goals and 6 assists while being backup to Mhikitaryan, who finished with 7 goals 23 assists.  Andreas Pereira chipped in with 8 goals 11 assists as Pogba's backup as the offensive "Scholes" midfielder role.  Luan and Rashford also contributed 15 and 17 goals, respectively.  I hope the third season will be more challenging as I continue to offload the aging, highly paid stars and replace them with youth, Ro-Shaun had an amazing loan spell at Celtic and improved massively.

Edited by Sky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just won 3-1 away to Watford with a crazy 40 shots at goal of which their keeper made 18 saves yet only gets 7.0 rating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just won the champions league, second season. Playing online with friends. First season was a complete bust, but this season I won it all.

Kinda fun final to play.

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 00.41.43.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't find games like this enjoyable at all, complete dominance, missed penalty(of course,can't have a game without missing a penalty) and then City score an absolute joke of a 90th minute equaliser.

AcLO3Mc.png?1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just starting my second attempt at managing United. 

Has anyone managed to get the number of coaches and scouts increased?

Has anyone managed to beat the competition to sign Griezmann while not winning the league in the first season?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2016 at 14:10, i Love United said:

 Just starting my second attempt at managing United. 

Has anyone managed to get the number of coaches and scouts increased?

Has anyone managed to beat the competition to sign Griezmann while not winning the league in the first season?

 

Thanks

On the first point, no, the board tried to reduce but I kept all of the scouts I had at the club on monthly deals when their initial contracts ran out.

Griezmann - I was able to sign him (he appeared on the realistic targets list) as soon as I secured Champions League football in the 1st season. I went on to win the league but hadn't when I agreed his deal

Hope that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikeraff said:

On the first point, no, the board tried to reduce but I kept all of the scouts I had at the club on monthly deals when their initial contracts ran out.

Griezmann - I was able to sign him (he appeared on the realistic targets list) as soon as I secured Champions League football in the 1st season. I went on to win the league but hadn't when I agreed his deal

Hope that helps

Thanks. How did you afford his £70-£80m fee in season one? Did you just sell a lot of players? 

I was trying to work out the best way to improve the squad with the £30-£50m you get in S1 and then hope for a big budget in S2 to go for Griezman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...