FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Verby said:

I almost bought him in the second season but went for João Cancelo instead, he was cheaper. His crossing is abit low for me as I dont play with wingers, good work rate though and he can play Defensive Midfield AND Central Midfield well.

Have a look at João Cancelo, great alternative and hes only 24 and im in my third seasson now.

I really liked his versatility and he's quite good on the mental side of the game. His rating is in his first season with Barca playing right back was also quite good. So I opted to pay his release clause of 30M euros. 

Opted to let Zlatan go after the first season since Rashford is getting quite good and I also have Griezman coming in. Guess who the b** signs for? Liverpool! 

11 hours ago, axehan1 said:

Almost the perfect shut out, they had there first shot in the 89th minute.

eIrcibE.png?1

How do you set up your strikers?

I'm in Season 2 and I can't get mine to score atm. I have Griezmann, Berahino, Rashford, Martial and Zlatan.

I think I followed your tactic from a previous post where you play 3 along the midfield, 1 in AMC and 2 up top. Have you changed since then?

5 minutes ago, crestofadave said:

Made a bit of a rash decision and have signed a contract with Arjen Robben to sign for free at the end of the season. Kinda regretted it immediately, hopefully will be a good for a bit of tutoring at least! :lol:

I signed him for a season on a free, he had a good spell when he played, was a good back up and he did a bit of tutoring

1 minute ago, Powello said:

I signed him for a season on a free, he had a good spell when he played, was a good back up and he did a bit of tutoring

Who did you get him to tutor out of interest and how did it get on?

I've noticed all my tutoring comes back saying that they only gained a little, but that's it. No really successful tutoring yet out of about 12-15 players.

2 minutes ago, crestofadave said:

Who did you get him to tutor out of interest and how did it get on?

I've noticed all my tutoring comes back saying that they only gained a little, but that's it. No really successful tutoring yet out of about 12-15 players.

I can't remember now, it was a few seasons ago.

I believe, the closer the tutor and tutee's personalities are the better chance of the tutoring working out

how do people go about training youngsters? esp Gomes TFM and Rashford? I have them all being tutored but wondered whats best for individual training? do you still with one attribute for a long time or keep changing? also does it matter when they start to say they think training is too much?

Just now, Alioz said:

how do people go about training youngsters? esp Gomes TFM and Rashford? I have them all being tutored but wondered whats best for individual training? do you still with one attribute for a long time or keep changing? also does it matter when they start to say they think training is too much?

For Gomes and Rashford, I had them training firstly as complete forwards until the coaches said they were capable in that position, can't remember exactly what they said. I think they said they needed more game time to master it. I then switched Gomes to IF training and Rashford to F9. Think it's about 3-6 months on each. And lastly I switched Gomes to IF on the other side and Rashford to IF-L. I like my players to be able to play in many positions. Once that rotation was done, I repeated all 3 and played them as much as possible. I also got them working on a few traits. Those 2 on my main save, are now the 2 best players in the world.

As far as TFM goes in my main save, I messed up his training and just had him training as a CB at first then finally changed to CM after about 4 seasons. I am slightly annoyed with myself for messing his training up, even though he is still quality, he could have been so much better.

End of the day, look at the youngsters and plan how you want to play them in the future and train them up for that.

3 minutes ago, Powello said:

For Gomes and Rashford, I had them training firstly as complete forwards until the coaches said they were capable in that position, can't remember exactly what they said. I think they said they needed more game time to master it. I then switched Gomes to IF training and Rashford to F9. Think it's about 3-6 months on each. And lastly I switched Gomes to IF on the other side and Rashford to IF-L. I like my players to be able to play in many positions. Once that rotation was done, I repeated all 3 and played them as much as possible. I also got them working on a few traits. Those 2 on my main save, are now the 2 best players in the world.

As far as TFM goes in my main save, I messed up his training and just had him training as a CB at first then finally changed to CM after about 4 seasons. I am slightly annoyed with myself for messing his training up, even though he is still quality, he could have been so much better.

End of the day, look at the youngsters and plan how you want to play them in the future and train them up for that.

Cheers for that, do you train them on individual attributes at all or just let those parts work themselves out with general training?

1 minute ago, Alioz said:

Cheers for that, do you train them on individual attributes at all or just let those parts work themselves out with general training?

I believe I did do individual attributes aswell, Basically, when I set the positional training, I would see which one highlighted was the lowest and have that as the individual one. I am 7 seasons in so I can't remember which ones I chose, but picking the lowest of the highlighted ones is usually what I do

8 hours ago, Dale0718 said:

How do you set up your strikers?

I'm in Season 2 and I can't get mine to score atm. I have Griezmann, Berahino, Rashford, Martial and Zlatan.

I think I followed your tactic from a previous post where you play 3 along the midfield, 1 in AMC and 2 up top. Have you changed since then?

Never played 2 up front? My formation is 41221

rFOAqoX.png?1

Standard-very fluid

Close down much more-much higher defensive line-mark tighter-prevent gk distribution-pass into space.

My main attributes are Pace,Determination and Work rate.

The old trusted 4312 starting to work out for me, somehow blew a 3-0 Lead in the FA Cup final, two outrageous mistakes from my CBs, it looked like they wanted to throw the game in the second half ive never seen anything like it before.

Saurez set piece hat trick in the first half against me in the Quarter finals at Old Trafford, almost broke my keyboard in that game. I went 2-0 up at Camp Nou and was thinking this is it I need one more then they scored 3 all in the space of 20 minutes near the end.

Alexandre Lacazette scoring for absolute fun playing as a F9.

TACTIC SEASON 3.pngTACTIC SEASON 3 1.png

4 hours ago, axehan1 said:

Never played 2 up front? My formation is 41221

rFOAqoX.png?1

Standard-very fluid

Close down much more-much higher defensive line-mark tighter-prevent gk distribution-pass into space.

My main attributes are Pace,Determination and Work rate.

How's Rashford doing out there? for me he is unstoppable as a F9

24 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

Unplayable at times.

qfyNXVq.png?1

Nice, damn you are training him up better than I have, whats that 3 seasons? this is him on mine on the 7th season

Rashs7.png

And ermm never seen this before hahahaha

movember.png

6 hours ago, Powello said:

Nice, damn you are training him up better than I have, whats that 3 seasons? this is him on mine on the 7th season

Rashs7.png

And ermm never seen this before hahahaha

movember.png

Yeah coming towards the end of season 3,last season he played as the striker(F9) but Martial left and Morata was on his way in so I made the decision to play him as an AML and nothing else and it has been perfect, if I showed you Morata his stats would be identical just a couple of goals less and and a few more(19 I think) assists.

If anyone wants a lone striker I can't recommend Morata enough.

2 hours ago, axehan1 said:

Yeah coming towards the end of season 3,last season he played as the striker(F9) but Martial left and Morata was on his way in so I made the decision to play him as an AML and nothing else and it has been perfect, if I showed you Morata his stats would be identical just a couple of goals less and and a few more(19 I think) assists.

I picked ICardi over him even though I love Morata in real life as a player and I regret it, can't get ICardi going at all, i'll give him this season and see what he does and at the same time I have successfully unsettled Dybala so hopefully I can get him for 'Cheap' at the end of the season.

I expect abit more from an Advanced Forward/Poacher

icardi.png

9 hours ago, axehan1 said:

Unplayable at times.

qfyNXVq.png?1

Which role do you use him? 23 goals & 13 assists with average rating 8.21 in 24(1) apps; this is just amazing. :thup: Also, he has developed very well, in which role do you train him? It seems you are not a big fan of player traits. @axehan1

1 hour ago, talhak said:

Which role do you use him? 23 goals & 13 assists with average rating 8.21 in 24(1) apps; this is just amazing. :thup: Also, he has developed very well, in which role do you train him? It seems you are not a big fan of player traits. @axehan1

It says in the photo hes on False Nine training and hes playing him as an IF on the Left in his previous photo.

5 hours ago, axehan1 said:

I was going to go for Morata after Zlatan retired, but I decided to stick with Rashford and a minimum of 34 goals a season since, with 2 seasons of over 50 goals, means I am glad I didn't needlessly spend money. I have 2 youngsters who have come through the ranks and are good back ups aswell.

3 hours ago, Verby said:

I picked ICardi over him even though I love Morata in real life as a player and I regret it, can't get ICardi going at all, i'll give him this season and see what he does and at the same time I have successfully unsettled Dybala so hopefully I can get him for 'Cheap' at the end of the season.

I expect abit more from an Advanced Forward/Poacher

icardi.png

How are your other strikers doing when they play over Icardi? Are they performing?

53 minutes ago, Powello said:

How are your other strikers doing when they play over Icardi? Are they performing?

Yeah Rashford is a god playing in the poachers role for me when I drop ICardi (Managed to get Rashford up top 20 Acceleration somehow), i'm a man for Rotation though and my 4 Strikers are, Lacazette, ICardi, Rashford and Martial,  

Icardi is playing alot better this season, fluent in the language might have helped I suppose, he has 6 goals in 7 Games in the League, over half of what he got last season in the League.

2 hours ago, MorganGalahad said:

Does anyone have any experience with Weigl, Ruben Neves or Bazoer?

Need a DM don't know who to go for

Thiago Maia all day for me. Potential WP issues but if you can get him then do so

Second season going much better and started very strong. Using Knapps Tactics . Been impressed with tryrell warren in the few games hes played decent backup for rafael. rotate rashford and martial

who are both scoring.  Two stand out players so far are pogba and payet both scoring and assiting well. Looking to win he league this year was pleased to get back in the champions league.

squad.png

resutls so far.png

Well i have finally finished my first season   i won the euro cup and finished 2nd in the league

Man city and chelsea had shocking seasons chelsea finished 6th and man city 7th  while watford off all teams finished 4th

just finished transfer window for second season and i may of gone overboard on big money moves 

Transfers out

Anthony Martial - £85 million to PSG

Adnan Januzaj - £30 million to AS Monaco

Morgan Schneiderlin - £33 million to leicester

Transfers in

Bryan oviedo - £850k

Eden Hazard - £110 million

Marco Verratti £85 million

With bringing in such big fee players  nothing less then premiership and champions cup glory will be acceptable for me 

2 minutes ago, Verby said:

So what do you actually do if you dont make your own tactics, just put the players in the set positions? Sounds boring to me and I wouldn't feel accomplished playing like that, each to there own though.

I agree, years ago I would use other people's tactics and win all this stuff and think woo, then after a while I thought, not really an accomplishment is it. So I spent the time learning how each one worked and why and a lot of time on here reading, then testing stuff on the game. There are only 2 reasons I enjoy the game any more. 1 is creating tactics and watching them work and 2, player development.

End of the day though, everyone plays the game differently and have different amount of time to actually sit down and play

After a succesful season 2 where i dominated the league and won all domestic cups i am about to start season 3.  My players are all trying to hold me ransom for new contracts.

Shaw wants a jump to 250k/week

Bailly wants 275k/week

Manolas wants 270k/week

Absolute rocket money. Tempted to sell all the greedy players and build a new core to the team

36 minutes ago, scott MUFC said:

what tactics.. doesn't seem to matter what I use, create 20+ chances and win by a single goal gets tiresome especially when AI create jack and score.

what are you using?

38 minutes ago, scott MUFC said:

what tactics.. doesn't seem to matter what I use, create 20+ chances and win by a single goal gets tiresome especially when AI create jack and score.

I'm not sure what you are using but while i am no expert on FM tactics here are things i feel about the new game.

I am finding "Retain Possesion" and "Work ball into the box"  ( two instructions i always used in previous games ) actually hold the team back in this one and i don't like it.

I am playing Standard/Very Fluid or 90% of the matches , tighter in big games and more attacking against weak opponents.

Pressing more and get stuck can really help dominate in this one but if against very skillful players dont use get stuck in and your players will dive in and get skinned.

BBM is a very good role in this one with the right player

I have no more than 4 players on attack , one of which is a full back.

If you like to have lots of possesion at least one ball playing defender and the GK set to short works quite well along with play out of defence.

If you have quick wingers pushing on pass into space is very effective.

There is a few things i have found , others may agree or disagree but just trying to help buddy.

I never use downloaded tactics as i find it extremely boring taking a tactic and then just pressing continue. thats how it feels to me anyway.

Good luck with your game !

Archived