FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

Just now, Alioz said:

interesting, so you have all your width from the cwb but still play wide football. may look at that as a tactic once my team is familiar with others. I usually like to have 3 tactics trained up completely for various occasions

I had it set to wide as I played Watford last game, I kind of always start wide against the lower teams cos they just sit back and defend normally, I want to try and stretch them out abit.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team is getting ridiculous now

Screenshot_67.png

Pavon is finding it hard to get into this team but he scored 4 in the previous game in the cup against Ipswich, so I thought he deserved a chance at a run in the side, but wasn't expecting that hahaha

SEASON 2017-18

7SKOF8L.png?1

I'm not sure if we played well or all the other teams were pretty average?An enjoyable season on the whole but we had a sticky patch at the end of January through February where the football was crud and the fans were baying for my blood(solely based on us not winning in 4 games).

EFL Cup

utlXfur.png?1

The real highlight through this competition was a 5-0 win away to a very poor Everton.

F.A. Cup

PL4kIIb.png?1

A hard fought competition where we had to beat both Man City and Chelsea on the way to winning the Cup.The match against Rotherham was infuriating as we had 59 shots at goal and were drawing 1-1 at half-time.

Champions League

4JMBovE.png?1

Nightmare!!

Cruised through the group but once we got to the knockouts we struggled, squeezing past Lyon and Juventus and then Barcelona were to good for us although we matched them in the 1st leg away from home but Suarez and Neymar were just to good, they played 4312 with Messi one of the 3 in midfield.I thought we would have half a chance at home but 2 quick counter-attack goals killed the tie.

Season 2018-19

As far as transfers go De Gea made far to many mistakes last season so I have Donnamurra coming in  from Milan, Alex Sandro to fight with Luke Shaw and Morata coming in from Madrid.

I need a right back too so will be looking for someone with good crossing.I'll be using Tuanzebe and Ro-Shaun Williams so am prepared to sell Bailly.I also have this little gem who i'm determined to turn into a star.

CQZaEuj.png?1

Kondogbia has just left for Bayern and i'm expecting Madrid to make a bid for Martial as they have been hounding him for months.It would be a loss but I've bought Morata, Rashford can play as AML and I have high hopes for this kid.

kFztD1l.png?1

4 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

SEASON 2017-18

7SKOF8L.png?1

I'm not sure if we played well or all the other teams were pretty average?An enjoyable season on the whole but we had a sticky patch at the end of January through February where the football was crud and the fans were baying for my blood(solely based on us not winning in 4 games).

EFL Cup

utlXfur.png?1

The real highlight through this competition was a 5-0 win away to a very poor Everton.

F.A. Cup

PL4kIIb.png?1

A hard fought competition where we had to beat both Man City and Chelsea on the way to winning the Cup.The match against Rotherham was infuriating as we had 59 shots at goal and were drawing 1-1 at half-time.

Champions League

4JMBovE.png?1

Nightmare!!

Cruised through the group but once we got to the knockouts we struggled, squeezing past Lyon and Juventus and then Barcelona were to good for us although we matched them in the 1st leg away from home but Suarez and Neymar were just to good, they played 4312 with Messi one of the 3 in midfield.I thought we would have half a chance at home but 2 quick counter-attack goals killed the tie.

Season 2018-19

As far as transfers go De Gea made far to many mistakes last season so I have Donnamurra coming in  from Milan, Alex Sandro to fight with Luke Shaw and Morata coming in from Madrid.

I need a right back too so will be looking for someone with good crossing.I'll be using Tuanzebe and Ro-Shaun Williams so am prepared to sell Bailly.I also have this little gem who i'm determined to turn into a star.

CQZaEuj.png?1

Kondogbia has just left for Bayern and i'm expecting Madrid to make a bid for Martial as they have been hounding him for months.It would be a loss but I've bought Morata, Rashford can play as AML and I have high hopes for this kid.

kFztD1l.png?1

Some good results there, well done. Those 2 look very promising.

You should stick with de gea though, he was a bit dodgy for the first season ro 2 for me, but now he rarely gets beaten, 22 clean sheets in 34 games so far this season

10 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

CQZaEuj.png?1

Mansfield town lol?  They have poor youth facilitys on mine, what a waste letting him go there, you could be getting his determination up from 12, while training him at world class youth facilitys and getting games for the Under 23's.

The Under 23's is probably a better standard of footall than Mansfield town aswel as he will be up against reserve players for bigger teams.

Not a bad start to my new save, trying to play Fosu Mensah as much as I can because I will feel hard done by if he doesn't become as good as he was on my other save! Disastrous start to the season losing 2-0 at Home to Watford but the boys have kicked on from there, not conceding a goal since we snatched a win at the Emirates.

I really need to get the Team Logos sorted, looks awful lol.

results.png

3 hours ago, Powello said:

This team is getting ridiculous now

Screenshot_67.png

Pavon is finding it hard to get into this team but he scored 4 in the previous game in the cup against Ipswich, so I thought he deserved a chance at a run in the side, but wasn't expecting that hahaha

What formation did you use that game?

CF, SS and 2 IFs?

What roles for the CMs?

Just now, Mikeraff said:

Cheers, I'm running something similar but always want to go asymmetric, do you have your SS and F9 both central?

In that game I did, I am working on a 4-2-2-2 tactci at the moment though and working out how to get the best out of Pogba because nothing seems to be working well enough for my liking

Wrapped up the second season, came in to the final day of the season behind Spurs and needed them to slip up while we beat Chelsea in order to win the league. Went 2-0 up pretty fast against them with Mahrez and Rashford scoring, thought we had it in the bag with Leicester holding Spurs 0-0 and then in the final five minutes we blew it as Chelsea came back 2-2 and missed out on winning the league by one point.

Better than last season when we finished fifth but extremely annoyed that we just threw the league away at the end like that.

Just now, Dark Demon said:

Wrapped up the second season, came in to the final day of the season behind Spurs and needed them to slip up while we beat Chelsea in order to win the league. Went 2-0 up pretty fast against them with Mahrez and Rashford scoring, thought we had it in the bag with Leicester holding Spurs 0-0 and then in the final five minutes we blew it as Chelsea came back 2-2 and missed out on winning the league by one point.

Better than last season when we finished fifth but extremely annoyed that we just threw the league away at the end like that.

Unlucky man, buy smart in the summer and you've got it next year

11 hours ago, Powello said:

In that game I did, I am working on a 4-2-2-2 tactci at the moment though and working out how to get the best out of Pogba because nothing seems to be working well enough for my liking

For me he started to play better as a B2B with get further forward and more risky passes. I played a BWM (D) next to him, had toyed with the idea of moving to a more fluid setup to see if that frees him up more

I hope you all don't let Schweinsteiger just rott away in the reserves the first season. He is a great back-up for Pogba if you play him in a advanced playmaker role.

10(1) matches, 5 goals, 1 assist and a rating of 7,81 the first half of the season.

Why is his value so low?

35 minutes ago, i Love United said:

Any tips on away tactics? I've drawn all 3 of my away league games to Spurs, Bournemouth and Middlesbrough and lost to Spartak Moscow away in the Europa....

Won at home twice. Playing a 4-2-3-1 in all matches but need more of an attacking threat away from home. 

Thanks 

I play '4123 wide DM' with Martial/Rashford as raumdeuter on the left and Micki/Mata as inside attack on support on the right. Zlatan/Rooney as False 9. Pogba/Schwein as advanced playmaker(a), Herrera/Fella as MC(s). Schneider as DMC(D/S). Wingbacks on support or one on attack. 

Offside trap the only TI other than the ones the ass.man suggestes before the match. I find its smart to listen to your ass.man. ?

Works fine for me. Martial scores a lot!

Do people here generally use just 1 tactic or change between home and away or just for big matches? I always worry about changing back & forth between 2 tactics?

Also what's the opinion on best team training strategy? keep alternating every week/month? stick with balanced? and I am always leaving it on high am I pushing them too much for this?

1 hour ago, i Love United said:

Any tips on away tactics? I've drawn all 3 of my away league games to Spurs, Bournemouth and Middlesbrough and lost to Spartak Moscow away in the Europa....

Won at home twice. Playing a 4-2-3-1 in all matches but need more of an attacking threat away from home. 

Thanks 

I have lost both my opening away games against spurs and Bournemouth using that tactic so I am going to go to the 4-1-2-3 that seems quiet popular on here. hopefully get a few hours in tonight to see how it goes

11 hours ago, Mikeraff said:

For me he started to play better as a B2B with get further forward and more risky passes. I played a BWM (D) next to him, had toyed with the idea of moving to a more fluid setup to see if that frees him up more

How's this going assist wise? Then, dies he still take long shots?

9 hours ago, i Love United said:

Thanks 

How's Pogba as an APa going?

8 hours ago, torehj said:

I play '4123 wide DM' with Martial/Rashford as raumdeuter on the left and Micki/Mata as inside attack on support on the right. Zlatan/Rooney as False 9. Pogba/Schwein as advanced playmaker(a), Herrera/Fella as MC(s). Schneider as DMC(D/S). Wingbacks on support or one on attack. 

Offside trap the only TI other than the ones the ass.man suggestes before the match. I find its smart to listen to your ass.man. ?

Works fine for me. Martial scores a lot!

7 hours ago, MorganGalahad said:

It fits him well, but it has the "shoot less" instruction, so you get fewer goals from him. But he assists nicely. Workes good with my False 9 and Raumdeuter. 

25 games, 4 goals, 8 assists, 7,50 rating

Woohoo i am finally home and able to play  new manager game and decided for first game to go with team i support

With transfers i mostly kept squad same just  couple in and couple out

Tranfers In

my star player from last fm game is back Ruben neves for £34.5 million

danilo £7 million

Transfers out 

fellaini £11 million

valencia £7 million

marcus rashford  -loan as first team player for tottenham

and in other news ive yet to play ibrahimovic he  has been sidelined for 2 months  with a hip injury  and so most my goals are coming from pogba since ive yet to get rooney or martial to get goals upfront 

my tactic is a 4-3-2-1 with a DM and Wingers  started slow in first couple games but i seem to have found my form now 

44 minutes ago, tornness9 said:

Woohoo i am finally home and able to play  new manager game and decided for first game to go with team i support

With transfers i mostly kept squad same just  couple in and couple out

Tranfers In

my star player from last fm game is back Ruben neves for £34.5 million

danilo £7 million

Transfers out 

fellaini £11 million

valencia £7 million

and in other news ive yet to play ibrahimovic he  has been sidelined for 2 months  with a hip injury  and so most my goals are coming from pogba since ive yet to get rooney or martial to get goals upfront 

my tactic is a 4-3-2-1 with a DM and Wingers  started slow in first couple games but i seem to have found my form now 

Hehe..that Rashford loan to Tottenham might cost you the title. Tottenham looks really good on this game. ;)

2 hours ago, tornness9 said:

Why on earth would you loan out Rashford? Zlatan is a great tutor for him, and with him under your control, he can progress a lot quicker. 

Ok so an update on my next few games. Would like to use you guys as my back room staff for any advice :)

As stated earlier I moved to the 4-1-2-3 formation with a false 9 and IF's. Started badly with another 1-0 away defeat this time to Watford! and again when I have had loads of chances just team couldn't finish!

Then had Dinamo Zagreb at home and thumped them 4-0 (should of been so much more had 45 shots!) Fosu Mensah had a stormer in DM so v happy for the advice to bring him up to 1st team and get him game time. Unfortunatley Rashford had 15 shots only 3 on target and 0 goals!

This is to add to all the struggles I have had at the start of the season too with Rashford/Zlatan/Martial/Rooney/Lacazette all failing to score in any games (mata top scorer with 3 goals, Pogba with 2) So I have no employed Scholes to help with my shooting training as I noticed this was down at 3 stars. Now at 4 with Scholsey.

Next match was EFL away to QPR so changed from Standard to attacking and won 6-1 with a Zlat hatrick and Lacazette scoring off the bench.

Really hoping that now forwards are scoring and shooting training is 4 star I may get a few more wins.

Main question after these latest matches is should I move to an attacking mentality against mid table/lower table teams? esp away? Next up Middlesbrough Away 

1 hour ago, scott MUFC said:

yes, Liverpool away at the start of the season isn't nice when all your players are made of glass at that point, and you don't know if your tactic works.

Sunderland needs toning down a bit as well.

I would call this suitably toned down...

kFDT34W.png?1

4 hours ago, Chris21 said:

How much did you pay for Bellerin buddy?

Apologies if you already said

An obscene amount £130m but not all upfront,Wenger wouldn't budge no matter what I tried until I offered a 40% fee from profit of next sale.He'll stay with United for years though.In my opinion you need pacey full-backs who can cross the ball.So I have Bellerin on the right and Alex Sandro on the left.

hi guys 

hope you are having success with man utd 

anyone can send some me a screenshot of these players after few years , and can i trust them to become a world class players. 

- ro-shaun-williams 

- reece oxford 

- Timothy Fosu-Mensah

- Angel Gomes

- Tahith Chong 

- Axel Tuanzebe

On 11/9/2016 at 09:41, torehj said:

I hope you all don't let Schweinsteiger just rott away in the reserves the first season. He is a great back-up for Pogba if you play him in a advanced playmaker role.

10(1) matches, 5 goals, 1 assist and a rating of 7,81 the first half of the season.

Why is his value so low?

Value is low because his "current reputation" (basically how keen Premiership clubs are likely to be on signing/playing him) is artificially lowered to reflect the real life fact that the club doesn't want to play him and hasn't exactly been inundated with offers to take him off their hands. He's also at an age where his ability is only expected to decline. But yeah, he's actually one of the more talented players in the squad in terms of actual ability, has plenty of strengths and no real weaknesses in his game, isn't going to decline quickly if you play him and also performs very nicely as a DLP (rotating with Hernandez, probably).

Can anyone help with my strikers finishing? only played 8 league games plus 4 cup games (including Shield) but they are really struggling to finish! they hit a lot of long shots which I understand not scoring from but they are also being created chances in the box which they are missing?? no matter which striker I use they seem to miss at least 2 easy chances each match and really struggle to score?

Any advice

2 minutes ago, Alioz said:

Can anyone help with my strikers finishing? only played 8 league games plus 4 cup games (including Shield) but they are really struggling to finish! they hit a lot of long shots which I understand not scoring from but they are also being created chances in the box which they are missing?? no matter which striker I use they seem to miss at least 2 easy chances each match and really struggle to score?

Any advice

Hard to say without more information on how you play..

Been playing either 4-1-2-3  with f9 and IF and midfield is a BBM and AP with slightly wider, be more expressive and look for overlap instructions with a Control and fluid setting or

4-2-3-1 with complete forward IF and AP with BWM and BBM, this is again slightly wider look for overlap and be more expressive with control and fluid.

Both have slightly higher temp and slightly higher defensive line but not offside trap

What's the easiest way to stop them shooting long? I am ending up with 30 shots a game, but at least 75% are from distance. Pogba, Ibra and Mata will shoot on sight before even getting near the box. I have checked the instructions but there doesn't seem to be anything driving them to do it?

2 minutes ago, crestofadave said:

What's the easiest way to stop them shooting long? I am ending up with 30 shots a game, but at least 75% are from distance. Pogba, Ibra and Mata will shoot on sight before even getting near the box. I have checked the instructions but there doesn't seem to be anything driving them to do it?

The only thing I have done is put some on shoot less often? but don't want to do that too much. From what I understand is it depends on why they are shooting long, is it because there are no options to pass (try getting more players forward and more movement) or is it because they are rushed? I don't know if you have a very high tempo as that can cause players to rush at times too?

Please let me know if anyone else has better thoughts on this as despite this advice I also struggle at the moment with long shots

3 hours ago, Alioz said:

Been playing either 4-1-2-3  with f9 and IF and midfield is a BBM and AP with slightly wider, be more expressive and look for overlap instructions with a Control and fluid setting or

4-2-3-1 with complete forward IF and AP with BWM and BBM, this is again slightly wider look for overlap and be more expressive with control and fluid.

Both have slightly higher temp and slightly higher defensive line but not offside trap

Control is still quite an aggressive strategy,couple that with higher tempo and your players might be rushing shots instead of looking for passing options..

I try to train all my 1st team(even defenders) to play simple passes and try one-two's I feel that it helps especially in the attacking half to work the ball forward , having said that I could show you a few matches where I have taken plenty of long shots.That's because teams "park the bus" and a long shot is the only option.I have both fullbacks on attack duty offering a passing option outwide which really helps in that instead of blasting from range a ball is played to the flanks for a crossing opportunity.

48 minutes ago, MegaBrickzFMG said:

What leagues/Nations does everyone have loaded for their Man U saves

England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, France, Brazil, Argentina, Turkey, Russia, Belgium, Czech, Mexico, Scotland, Portugal, Romania.

Archived