FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes this game leaves me fuming, as soon as my star players have good seasons the Barcelonas and Real Madrids of the world come sniffing around and I get the inevitable news item that Pogba /Martial want to leave because the other clubs are so called "bigger".

The worst feature of FM by far

175gUiV.png?1

On the plus side I spent £8m on 33yeard old Luka Modric to provide the spark from midfield.

oNtRKKL.png?1

You know you can reject their bids?? 

Yes, they'll throw tantrums, maybe disrupt your team morale a bit. But as soon as transfer windows closes and you win two or three games, they'll come to you as nothing happened and declare themselves pleased to be at Old Trafford... 

14 hours ago, axehan1 said:

So do i.

Someone hasn't noticed Axehan's domination on this years game, let alone previous versions.

Anyways getting back on subject, I completely agree with you Axe. The 'bigger' clubs issue is annoying as hell.

I brought Dybala in January of my first season went on to win 2 out of 3 league titles, 2 out of 3 league cups, the Fa cup and then won the Champions league at the end of the 3rd season and then Real Madrid commented about wanting to buy him and he's on about moving to a bigger club.

told him to do one but he's not happy and neither am I, no matter what I do or say nobody has ever tried to force a move to me but they seem to fall over themselves to move on.

I was Spain manager when Sergio Ramos started unsettling Dybala and so Ramos was promptly dropped from the Spain squad

https://gyazo.com/9eafd97182d4b9f53bc50b084396c542

Here is my tactic I'm currently using for United. Does it look ok and balanced?

A few Player instructions 

DR Full back support - Close down less, Fewer Risky passes

DL Wing Back Attack - Close down Less

DM Deep Lying Playmaker Defend - Close down Less

MCL Centre Mid Support - Hold Position

MCR Centre Mid Attack - Close Down More

AMR Winger Attack - Close down more

AML Inside Forward support - Pass it shorter, Shoot Less Often

CF Complete Forward support - Close down more

7 hours ago, Sparky_07 said:

https://gyazo.com/9eafd97182d4b9f53bc50b084396c542

Here is my tactic I'm currently using for United. Does it look ok and balanced?

A few Player instructions 

DR Full back support - Close down less, Fewer Risky passes

DL Wing Back Attack - Close down Less

DM Deep Lying Playmaker Defend - Close down Less

MCL Centre Mid Support - Hold Position

MCR Centre Mid Attack - Close Down More

AMR Winger Attack - Close down more

AML Inside Forward support - Pass it shorter, Shoot Less Often

CF Complete Forward support - Close down more

This is more of a personal opinion of how I would do it but it's down to you if you want to make the changes if any 

Scrap all the closing down on individual positions and just place it into the team instruction. Having Pogba sit in that position and not be able to roam a bit is like having Messi and Ronaldo on the wings and not being given freedom to cut inside so scrap that and put him as Advanced Playmaker - Attack with Roam from position with his long range shooting he can score some screamers and make a massive contribution to the goals. 

I'd change the role of Lukaku to Target Man suits his style of play rather than Complete Forward and his physical stats will benefit more. Make Herrera Deep Lying playmaker -Support. Matic's role shouldn't have close down less he's last line of defence before attackers can goal at the defence so you want him to go at the attackers to attempt to win back the ball. Play Mkhiki as Inside Forward will see the rewards he is insane once he gets going. 

If you give me some sort of indication of what you want your tactic style to be I can give some pointers on team instructions

On 8/5/2017 at 22:55, axehan1 said:

Sometimes this game leaves me fuming, as soon as my star players have good seasons the Barcelonas and Real Madrids of the world come sniffing around and I get the inevitable news item that Pogba /Martial want to leave because the other clubs are so called "bigger".

The worst feature of FM by far

+1 on this, and its like even after almost a decade of solid domination domestically and in Europe (including multiple trashings handed out to Barca/Real), the players still think they are "bigger club". I still remember one of my players requesting to leave for Barca, when a few months prior he was part of the side that trashed Barca 5-0 in a CL final. :seagull:

Could do with some advice.

End of the transfer window in my second season, and Madrid have offered £70 up-front for Mkhitaryan. He had an okay first season, and I was hoping for more from him in the second, but this amount of money is seriously tempting!

If I let him go though, I'd need a replacement, as my other attackers (not including strikers) are:

Mata

Lingard

Rashford (though he's better as CF)

Martial (struggling for form since the start of the game)

Pereira

Januzaj (on the transfer list)

Any suggestions on a replacement (or anyone think I should just reject the offer)? I've got £130m to spend - have already tried (and failed) for Griezmann, Dybala. One player who might be available for £30m is Willian from Chelsea, who is unsettled at the moment...

On 05/08/2017 at 15:55, axehan1 said:

I must get lucky because I rarely see this on either of the Man Utd saves I did. Martial was the only one who did this, and I was quite happy to sell as he was terrible for me, but never with pogba, he was always happy.

10 hours ago, howard moon said:

End of the transfer window in my second season, and Madrid have offered £70 up-front for Mkhitaryan. He had an okay first season, and I was hoping for more from him in the second, but this amount of money is seriously tempting!

If I let him go though, I'd need a replacement, as my other attackers (not including strikers) are:

Mata

Lingard

Pereira

Any suggestions on a replacement (or anyone think I should just reject the offer)? I've got £130m to spend - have already tried (and failed) for Griezmann, Dybala. One player who might be available for £30m is Willian from Chelsea, who is unsettled at the moment...

I'd sell him no questions asked honestly. I'm in my first season still, Martial does really well for me and so does Lingard (who comes off the bench regularly). I've had success previously with Agustin Allione, but haven't tried him at utd yet. Domenico Berardi is absolutely brilliant if you can get him, can play as a CF or on the wing.

Though if you're not comfortable selling him and he isn't unsettled, just tell real to sod off :D 

14 hours ago, howard moon said:

Mata

Lingard

Pereira

Sell, if you keep him even for one more year you are highly unlikely to see £70m upfront again, Mkhitaryan isn't the youngest chap after all. If you wanna **** with Chelsea, you might as well get Hazard (if he's still there). But my own favourite is either Hirving Lozano or Kai Havertz, both versatile youngsters, can cover plenty of positions to give you flexibility and retrained if necessary.

Just finished season 2, probably with the most dominant side I've had in any FM, ever.

24pointsclear.thumb.png.ed92a8a4f66d077b77df36e612600c96.png

We'd won the league by March, so the likes of Angel Gomes, Nishan Birkhart and Ro-Shaun Williams were getting games by the end, so the points haul makes me that much more happy. And my favourite match so far...

clcomeback.thumb.png.826987bf82db23024ddb42199c83474f.png

I couldn't even believe it! Barca spent the first half hour tearing us apart on the break, which was exactly the opposite of what I was expecting. We started coming back into the game after some early changes, but after half time we just became rampant!

The squad by order of appearances:

squadbyapps18.thumb.png.e131de32585cd9a47a3e0d6a24b7e7d6.png

Just finished my first season, some mixed feelings. Hasn't been that bad, as we won a few trophies, but Arsenal were simply destroying everyone in the league. Deserved champions I'd say, looking at those figures.
Had some bad luck as Pogba was out injured for 6 months. The upside of that is that no 'big clubs' came knocking for him yet.

gdRoU20.jpg

For transfers I've brought in Havertz & Tielemans who both performed very well. Had to pay quite a bit more than I'd wanted ideally for Tielemans though, hope he'll live up to it.

YnYRiZK.jpg

In preseason I managed to sign Dybala, expecting big things from him.
I was doubting to renew Zlatans contract, but ended up offering him a new 1 year deal. Right after that Real suddenly wanted to buy him. I initially declined, which upset him so I had to let him go after all.

Going into the second season Rooney's out on loan, Zlatan's gone, Martial is injured and so is Dybala.. Desperate for another striker I made a lastminute offer for Mousa Dembele and managed to sign him for 9m. He's actually doing pretty well at the moment.

On 10/08/2017 at 21:38, howard moon said:

Mata

Lingard

Pereira

Thanks to those that responded with advice. Not been able to play FM much recently but decided to accept Real's bid for Mkhitaryan and signed Willian for £25m. Let's see how it goes...

18 minutes ago, howard moon said:

Thanks to those that responded with advice. Not been able to play FM much recently but decided to accept Real's bid for Mkhitaryan and signed Willian for £25m. Let's see how it goes...

Willian is a great signing especially for only £25mil.

I've tried to sign him a few times and never been able to so keep us updated on how he does.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about to start a new Man Utd save and as I traditionally do, I terminate the contracts of staff loyal to the former manager (Mourinho). Therefore, I'll be getting rid of the likes of: Rui Faria, Silvino Louro, Ricardo Formosinho, Carlos Lalin, Giovanni Cerra.

Any suggestions of any top quality coaching staff who would be attainable in my United save?

Thanks for any help.

I get rid of alot of the staff at the club but Faria is one I tend to keep being one of the better ones Mourinho brought with him. Especially his defensive coaching being handy with United lacking in defensive coaches

On 29/08/2017 at 20:25, scottie1979 said:

An interesting result for us  - City were top by 3 points before this, unbeaten, so it was a bit of a surprise.  This is my biggest ever win in FM over a single leg.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 18.43.55.png

Hello,

Which tactic did you used for thjs match ?  Very impressive result !!!  Thkx

On 8/29/2017 at 19:25, scottie1979 said:

An interesting result for us  - City were top by 3 points before this, unbeaten, so it was a bit of a surprise.  This is my biggest ever win in FM over a single leg.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 18.43.55.png

you need to upload this tactic!! i need to try it out for myself amazing results

On 9/2/2017 at 10:02, jules34 said:

Hello,

Which tactic did you used for thjs match ?  Very impressive result !!!  Thkx

Certainly cant claim any praise for the tactic - i got it from the tactics download forum thanks to knap.

there are two in the thread below. i was using the 3421 but decided for the city game as a one off to switch to the 3430 (it is fluid and one of my 3 tactics) as Kane was in a slump. never experienced anything like it. Remember city were top at this point unbeaten!

Hey all, I hope I'm posting in the right place. I haven't played football manager for about 4 years, and have decided to pick up FM touch. I have started a save with Man Utd.

I want to try not to make wholesale changes, and I would like to snap up some of the best young players around and bring some youth through but also phase out the old guard. Who are the "go to" players to improve the current united squad. So far I have signed tielemans and am in negotiations for Aurier as a long term replacement for Valencia but other than that I am unsure. Also are any of the reserves ready for first team squad

Also regards tactics what is the best formation and player roles to get best out of current players. Like I said it's all quite new to me, and my results currently inconsistent so looking for some advice. Below is my starting 11. Thanks in advance

De Gea

Valencia Jones Bailly Shaw

Pogba Herrera 

Mata Mykitarian Martial

Zlatan

Subs: Romero Blind Rojo Carrick Fellaini Rashford Lingard Rooney 

1 minute ago, James2201 said:

Hey all, I hope I'm posting in the right place. I haven't played football manager for about 4 years, and have decided to pick up FM touch. I have started a save with Man Utd.

I want to try not to make wholesale changes, and I would like to snap up some of the best young players around and bring some youth through but also phase out the old guard. Who are the "go to" players to improve the current united squad. So far I have signed tielemans and am in negotiations for Aurier as a long term replacement for Valencia but other than that I am unsure. Also are any of the reserves ready for first team squad

Also regards tactics what is the best formation and player roles to get best out of current players. Like I said it's all quite new to me, and my results currently inconsistent so looking for some advice. Below is my starting 11. Thanks in advance

De Gea

Valencia Jones Bailly Shaw

Pogba Herrera 

Mata Mykitarian Martial

Zlatan

Subs: Romero Blind Rojo Carrick Fellaini Rashford Lingard Rooney 

Regarding the reserves Mensah & Tuanzebe could play a part in the team from the start of the game and can become big players for the players for the team for 10+ years. 

Tactics I have personally favoured 4-1-2-1 or 4-4-2. With Rooney he lasts till January at most I've had and then comes to ask for a transfer for a new challenge I find it hard to shift him so trying from the start would be best bet. If you play Pogba as the Advanced Playmaker - Attack duty or Box to Box midfielder he will score you some amount of goals. 

In regards to signings defence is the main part of the team you need to focus on, with a better CB to partner Baily. Diego Llorente is a steal at the end of the first season as a free transfer. Another defender to look at is Daniele Rugani who I've signed on a previous save for £35 million in second season.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, FMAnderson said:

Lukaku and Ibrahimovic in unreal form, Shame i sold Ibrahimovic as he was old. Lukaku is impressing  me as his replacement on my 2nd season. 

Florenzi who is a winger who i am  playing as a full back and he has managed 36 assists!!

best11.png

plstats.png

teamstats.png

can you send me your tactic please? looks bloody good!

Please note i did not create this tactic, i downloaded it online somewhere. its brilliant!!!!

I use Wingbacks who can cross, Florenzi and Shaw,

Matic Asencio and Pogba as the midfielders! 

Of course Lukaku Martial and Rashford as the strikers! 

Lukaku is on fire!!!

I did not create this tactic but here goes!! Good Luck mate!

433 V_25C4D819-B0A6-4B9E-94E7-73EFA049E8C9.fmf

teamleague4.png

teamstats.png

teamleague1.png

teamleague2.png

Archived