[FM17] Kafra FC 2.0 - Le Kafra-eak, C'est Chique! (All Youth in England)

abulezz

We're back to give this another go! Last season's version saw us win the Premier League a few times, net out some truly World-Class players (including a World Golden Ball recipient), and make the Champions League Finals.  My hope is to do even better this year, and perhaps try to guide one of my home countries (Lebanon or Ghana) to some glory, since I do get a lot of players that are of those second nationalities.  I hope this ride will be as enjoyable as last season's, and the plan of course is to play this one out all the way until the release of FM18.  For starters, here is the Leagues Loaded:

25jKvL.jpg

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SEASON REVIEW 2016/17

Welcome to Kafra FC 2.0! So before I was allowed to create the club, I had to have I think 20 or more players, and once I removed all the non-regen players from the squad, I was missing a few.  I created two, and made them 14 years old, and I picked up 3 players from the Free Transfer list.  I did not look at their attributes, just their value as I had to stay within the budget assigned to the club, and their values were amongst the lowest – once I met the minimum numbers of players, I went on to create the club.  I called our stadium Friar Park after my favorite player in the FM16 save, Daniel Friar, and finally set off on my adventure!

I added a couple of coaches to the backroom staff, but I left the HoYD as he is (he’s terrible), feeling sorry for him – at the end of the season, he up and left me!  Once the season got rolling, it became obvious that we were woefully overmatched.  In FM16, I started my career with Shane Forde, Darren Williams, Michael Steele, and 2016 Intake product Graeme Jones – the first and last names would go on to become legends of the club.  No such luck here – my Free Transfer pickups were amongst our best players, which tells you how weak our team was originally.  We ended up finishing four points away from the relegation zone, but we were amongst the worst teams in the league, no doubt.  We were bad defensively and offensively, and our Youth Intake did not do much to help matters, really.  Overall, however, I am not too disappointed – the aim in this first season to stay up and not get relegated, which we accomplished.

Finances are a huge thing early in these type of saves, and thankfully our first season was a success in that respect.  We made money (albeit a little bit), but that is because most of our players were on £5 per week youth contracts – that will inevitably change as the save progresses.  The aim must be to hit an average attendance of around 1,000 in order to keep finances healthy. 

TeiW3T.jpg

DKtdtV.jpg

DVTQGp.jpg

V9n2Vp.jpg

Jh0dgn.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Aaron Gray (2016), 18 Years Old:  He split duties with Skinner throughout the season, and although Skinner is by far the favorite of my (limited) coaching staff of the two, I think Gray is currently more talented.  They are both very undertalented in any case, even for this division, and GK is one of our main concerns going forward.  In 28 Games, he registered 1.43 Con/90, 9 Clean Sheets, and 6.79 AR.  He currently has 3/5 Silver Star CA and 2.5/5 PA.

Mike Skinner (2016), 17 Years Old: I don’t see it, but my coaching staff consider the far more superior GK than Gray.  In any case, he definitely had his chances to show his worth, and he gave us pretty much the same form.  In 14 Games, he registered 1.64 Con/90, 4 Clean Sheets, and 6.81 AR – the reality is, neither Gray or Skinner can be long-term solutions at the position for us, but we will have to wait on the Kafra Youth Academy to sort that out.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Nathan Jones (2016), 17 Years Old:  Like most of the team, even for the Vanarama South league, Jones was just not up to standard.  He played in 31 Games, registering 2.90 TpG and an abysmal 6.56 AR.  Hopefully, his first season will also be his worst as he has a bit of talent that could see him become a reasonable left-back at this level. 

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Dan Shulton (2016), 18 Years Old:  Shulton was amongst my most reliable players during this tough season, although his numbers were pedestrian, his influence on the club and the games he played in were to be noted.  He can play anywhere in the defensive line, although he spent almost all his time at CD.  In 38 Games, he registered 3 PoMs, 2.50 TpG, led the team in Key Tackles and was second in Interceptions, and averaged a 6.77 AR.  He has a good attitude, and is emerging as one of the leaders of the club.

Val Rogan (2016), 18 Years Old:  Our defense was bad, but given the relative lack of quality throughout the team, Shulton and Rogan were actually a solid duo in the middle of the defensive line.  The team leader in Interceptions, Rogan played in 38 Games, registering 2 PoMs, 2.10 TpG, and 6.74 AR.  At this point, almost no one on the team is a long term at their position, but like I said, the CD positions are in better state than most.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Roy Garner (2016), 17 Years Old:  I honestly thought Garner would give me a better season, as he was one of our worst performing starters.  In 40 Games, he registered 2.50 TpG and 6.55 AR – the good news is, he is still very young, as is all of the team, and there is a lot of room for improvement.  He will remain our starting right back to start off next season, but I am hoping for better performances in his second year. 

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Ignacio Hernandez (2016), 16 Years Old:  The German was one of three players I picked up from the Free Transfer wire so I can complete my team, and he ended up being the best one.  He won the Kafra Player of the Year award, despite spending a large part of the season injured.  In 26 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 3 PoMs, 4.46 TpG, 82% Pass Ratio, 1.27 DpG, and a team-high 7.16 AR.  Technically, he is very poor, but I am playing him at his natural position of DM, so not much in that field is asked of him.  I hope I will be able to keep him with us in the long term. 

Tony Taylor (2016), 18 Years Old:  The captain and one of the eldest players on the squad, he is also one of the most talented.  His season was cut short by strained knee ligaments that ruled him out of the last two months of the season, but before that, he was easily one of our top players.  In 34 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 7 Assists, 2 PoMs, 81% Pass Ratio, and 6.97 AR, giving us some solid all-around numbers in the center of the pitch.  I was also able to sign him on to a contract that will keep him with us for the next two years, which is a coup for us because he is definitely the leader of this team currently.

LEFT WINGERS

Ingo Kosien (2016), 16 Years Old:  One of the three Free Transfer signings, he was easily our best left winger and also one of our most durable players.  He is probably the quickest player on the team, as well – a good trait to have as a winger.  In 42 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 5 Assists, 1.04 TpG, 76% Pass Ratio, 1.34 TpG, and 6.78 AR.  My coaching staff has him rated 4/5 CA and 5/5 PA, so they obviously think very highly of him, as do I.  One of the most important players at the club currently, bar none. 

RIGHT WINGERS

Paul Binns (2016), 18 Years Old:  As was the case with my previous save, we seem to have good winger play right off the bat.  Binns was one of our best players this season, playing in 41 Games and registering 6 Goals, 4 Assists, 2 PoMs, 2.02 DpG, and 6.81 AR.  He has decent pace for this level of football, and appears to be ready to put in work in training to improve his abilities and attributes. 

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Chris Roberts (2016), 15 Years Old:  The highest valued player on our team at £140k, the youngster is also considered to be the one with the most potential according to my coaching, who have him rated as a full 5/5 PA.  He had a good first season despite his very young age (one of the two players I created), playing in 37 Games and registering 2 Goals, 5 Assists, 84% Pass Ratio, 1.41 DpG, and 6.82 AR.  Given our real lack of talent currently, Roberts played and will continue to play an extremely important role in our team – he is currently signed on until 2019, so he has another two years at least with us. 

FORWARDS

Kemal Kara (2016), 16 Years Old:  One of the three players picked up on the Free Transfer, he was our greatest offensive threat and probably the player that showed the most improvement in his attributes throughout the season.  Not only that, but he became the first Kafra player ever to represent any nation on any level, playing in the Turkish U19 squad.  Going forward, I think he has solidified himself as our starter – 33 Games, 12 Goals, 5 Assists, 84% Pass Ratio, 1.19 DpG, and 6.86 AR.  He was our leading goalscorer despite his young age, and I only expect more of him.

Danny Smith (2016), 15 Years Old:  One of two players I created, Smith had to share time with the Free Transfer pickup from Germany this season.  Still, the Target Man did not do bad – 33 Games, 11 Goals, 5 Assists, 5 PoMs, 83% Pass Ratio, 1.21 DpG, and 7.03 AR, which was amongst the highest on the team.  While Kara seemed more capable of doing something great, Smith was the more consistent of the two, and a lot of times, I altered my lineup so that I would have both of them playing at the same time.  Definitely one of the best players on the team going forward.

HOT PROSPECTS

None yet.

YOUTH INTAKE

WwJYxa.jpg

This was not a great Intake by any means – I know there are lots of yellow stars, but we received no players that were capable of improving this team.  Our best prospect Is Utteridge, and he plays the same position as Taylor, who is currently superior to him.  Higginson might become a contributor at the back, so that is a positive, but really the rest are just filling up the spaces.  I was looking for the type of player that could really take the team a step forward, but we did not get anyone close to that in our first Intake.

2017/18 PRESEASON REPORT

This will be the last season before we have to decide who we have to get rid of and who we have to give a proper contract, so our finances will likely start taking a hit after January.  As it stands, most of the talent on this team is quickly replaceable as soon as someone better comes along, with a few notable exceptions.  This will probably be another tough season, as we did not get any really difference makers in the Youth Intake, but if we can keep ourselves a reasonable distance from relegation, I would consider it a successful season.  We also got a new owner this summer!

SEASON REVIEW 2016/17

Welcome to Kafra FC 2.0! So before I was allowed to create the club, I had to have I think 20 or more players, and once I removed all the non-regen players from the squad, I was missing a few.  I created two, and made them 14 years old, and I picked up 3 players from the Free Transfer list.  I did not look at their attributes, just their value as I had to stay within the budget assigned to the club, and their values were amongst the lowest – once I met the minimum numbers of players, I went on to create the club.  I called our stadium Friar Park after my favorite player in the FM16 save, Daniel Friar, and finally set off on my adventure!

I added a couple of coaches to the backroom staff, but I left the HoYD as he is (he’s terrible), feeling sorry for him – at the end of the season, he up and left me!  Once the season got rolling, it became obvious that we were woefully overmatched.  In FM16, I started my career with Shane Forde, Darren Williams, Michael Steele, and 2016 Intake product Graeme Jones – the first and last names would go on to become legends of the club.  No such luck here – my Free Transfer pickups were amongst our best players, which tells you how weak our team was originally.  We ended up finishing four points away from the relegation zone, but we were amongst the worst teams in the league, no doubt.  We were bad defensively and offensively, and our Youth Intake did not do much to help matters, really.  Overall, however, I am not too disappointed – the aim in this first season to stay up and not get relegated, which we accomplished.

Finances are a huge thing early in these type of saves, and thankfully our first season was a success in that respect.  We made money (albeit a little bit), but that is because most of our players were on £5 per week youth contracts – that will inevitably change as the save progresses.  The aim must be to hit an average attendance of around 1,000 in order to keep finances healthy. 

TeiW3T.jpg

DKtdtV.jpg

DVTQGp.jpg

V9n2Vp.jpg

Jh0dgn.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Aaron Gray (2016), 18 Years Old:  He split duties with Skinner throughout the season, and although Skinner is by far the favorite of my (limited) coaching staff of the two, I think Gray is currently more talented.  They are both very undertalented in any case, even for this division, and GK is one of our main concerns going forward.  In 28 Games, he registered 1.43 Con/90, 9 Clean Sheets, and 6.79 AR.  He currently has 3/5 Silver Star CA and 2.5/5 PA.

Mike Skinner (2016), 17 Years Old: I don’t see it, but my coaching staff consider the far more superior GK than Gray.  In any case, he definitely had his chances to show his worth, and he gave us pretty much the same form.  In 14 Games, he registered 1.64 Con/90, 4 Clean Sheets, and 6.81 AR – the reality is, neither Gray or Skinner can be long-term solutions at the position for us, but we will have to wait on the Kafra Youth Academy to sort that out.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Nathan Jones (2016), 17 Years Old:  Like most of the team, even for the Vanarama South league, Jones was just not up to standard.  He played in 31 Games, registering 2.90 TpG and an abysmal 6.56 AR.  Hopefully, his first season will also be his worst as he has a bit of talent that could see him become a reasonable left-back at this level. 

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Dan Shulton (2016), 18 Years Old:  Shulton was amongst my most reliable players during this tough season, although his numbers were pedestrian, his influence on the club and the games he played in were to be noted.  He can play anywhere in the defensive line, although he spent almost all his time at CD.  In 38 Games, he registered 3 PoMs, 2.50 TpG, led the team in Key Tackles and was second in Interceptions, and averaged a 6.77 AR.  He has a good attitude, and is emerging as one of the leaders of the club.

Val Rogan (2016), 18 Years Old:  Our defense was bad, but given the relative lack of quality throughout the team, Shulton and Rogan were actually a solid duo in the middle of the defensive line.  The team leader in Interceptions, Rogan played in 38 Games, registering 2 PoMs, 2.10 TpG, and 6.74 AR.  At this point, almost no one on the team is a long term at their position, but like I said, the CD positions are in better state than most.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Roy Garner (2016), 17 Years Old:  I honestly thought Garner would give me a better season, as he was one of our worst performing starters.  In 40 Games, he registered 2.50 TpG and 6.55 AR – the good news is, he is still very young, as is all of the team, and there is a lot of room for improvement.  He will remain our starting right back to start off next season, but I am hoping for better performances in his second year. 

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Ignacio Hernandez (2016), 16 Years Old:  The German was one of three players I picked up from the Free Transfer wire so I can complete my team, and he ended up being the best one.  He won the Kafra Player of the Year award, despite spending a large part of the season injured.  In 26 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 3 PoMs, 4.46 TpG, 82% Pass Ratio, 1.27 DpG, and a team-high 7.16 AR.  Technically, he is very poor, but I am playing him at his natural position of DM, so not much in that field is asked of him.  I hope I will be able to keep him with us in the long term. 

Tony Taylor (2016), 18 Years Old:  The captain and one of the eldest players on the squad, he is also one of the most talented.  His season was cut short by strained knee ligaments that ruled him out of the last two months of the season, but before that, he was easily one of our top players.  In 34 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 7 Assists, 2 PoMs, 81% Pass Ratio, and 6.97 AR, giving us some solid all-around numbers in the center of the pitch.  I was also able to sign him on to a contract that will keep him with us for the next two years, which is a coup for us because he is definitely the leader of this team currently.

LEFT WINGERS

Ingo Kosien (2016), 16 Years Old:  One of the three Free Transfer signings, he was easily our best left winger and also one of our most durable players.  He is probably the quickest player on the team, as well – a good trait to have as a winger.  In 42 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 5 Assists, 1.04 TpG, 76% Pass Ratio, 1.34 TpG, and 6.78 AR.  My coaching staff has him rated 4/5 CA and 5/5 PA, so they obviously think very highly of him, as do I.  One of the most important players at the club currently, bar none. 

RIGHT WINGERS

Paul Binns (2016), 18 Years Old:  As was the case with my previous save, we seem to have good winger play right off the bat.  Binns was one of our best players this season, playing in 41 Games and registering 6 Goals, 4 Assists, 2 PoMs, 2.02 DpG, and 6.81 AR.  He has decent pace for this level of football, and appears to be ready to put in work in training to improve his abilities and attributes. 

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Chris Roberts (2016), 15 Years Old:  The highest valued player on our team at £140k, the youngster is also considered to be the one with the most potential according to my coaching, who have him rated as a full 5/5 PA.  He had a good first season despite his very young age (one of the two players I created), playing in 37 Games and registering 2 Goals, 5 Assists, 84% Pass Ratio, 1.41 DpG, and 6.82 AR.  Given our real lack of talent currently, Roberts played and will continue to play an extremely important role in our team – he is currently signed on until 2019, so he has another two years at least with us. 

FORWARDS

Kemal Kara (2016), 16 Years Old:  One of the three players picked up on the Free Transfer, he was our greatest offensive threat and probably the player that showed the most improvement in his attributes throughout the season.  Not only that, but he became the first Kafra player ever to represent any nation on any level, playing in the Turkish U19 squad.  Going forward, I think he has solidified himself as our starter – 33 Games, 12 Goals, 5 Assists, 84% Pass Ratio, 1.19 DpG, and 6.86 AR.  He was our leading goalscorer despite his young age, and I only expect more of him.

Danny Smith (2016), 15 Years Old:  One of two players I created, Smith had to share time with the Free Transfer pickup from Germany this season.  Still, the Target Man did not do bad – 33 Games, 11 Goals, 5 Assists, 5 PoMs, 83% Pass Ratio, 1.21 DpG, and 7.03 AR, which was amongst the highest on the team.  While Kara seemed more capable of doing something great, Smith was the more consistent of the two, and a lot of times, I altered my lineup so that I would have both of them playing at the same time.  Definitely one of the best players on the team going forward.

HOT PROSPECTS

None yet.

YOUTH INTAKE

WwJYxa.jpg

This was not a great Intake by any means – I know there are lots of yellow stars, but we received no players that were capable of improving this team.  Our best prospect Is Utteridge, and he plays the same position as Taylor, who is currently superior to him.  Higginson might become a contributor at the back, so that is a positive, but really the rest are just filling up the spaces.  I was looking for the type of player that could really take the team a step forward, but we did not get anyone close to that in our first Intake.

2017/18 PRESEASON REPORT

This will be the last season before we have to decide who we have to get rid of and who we have to give a proper contract, so our finances will likely start taking a hit after January.  As it stands, most of the talent on this team is quickly replaceable as soon as someone better comes along, with a few notable exceptions.  This will probably be another tough season, as we did not get any really difference makers in the Youth Intake, but if we can keep ourselves a reasonable distance from relegation, I would consider it a successful season.  We also got a new owner this summer!

VfFq1T.jpg

0zC42t.jpg

Ms8vzU.jpg

tFjIFJ.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 01:58, numbas2 said:

Can't wait...

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 02:06, -Ironhide- said:

I was wondering where the FM 17 version of Kafra was, then bam! It's back. Really looking forward to this...

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 03:05, deltablue said:

Great seeing an FM17 version. 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 03:08, noikeee said:

In with the Kafra scarf.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 03:19, clarkehwbu said:

Up the Kafra!

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 03:34, MarcxD said:

Good luck, I will be following.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 03:37, Makoto Nakamura said:

I can't wait to see how this plays out, I'm most definitely following!

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 03:41, BillHoudini24 said:

Yes!! Get in there!! I was hoping to see this thread since the first day of the beta, welcome back @abulezz

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 03:53, deez0r said:

WOOHOO!

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 07:37, BoxToBox said:

Brilliant to see you back at it.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 08:38, TheMakeleleRole said:

I'm all in

Thank you all! I hope this version meets everyone's expectations!

8 hours ago, Black and Yellow said:

That's an early takeover - any promises of backing or nah?

Also, glad I've found this one from the start this time! :D

They're going to leave me be for now, but no other promises!

6 hours ago, clarkehwbu said:

It's so weird seeing Kafra so low down! Hopefully not for too long i'm sure!

The first season of this save was tougher than I remember the FM16 save being!

5 hours ago, numbas2 said:

The hard work has begun!

Indeed it has!

5 hours ago, MadCatPT said:

Keep on grinding the success will come.

That is the hope!

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

18th on the Vanarama South? What's going on here, where's the Premier League titles and Champions League quarter-final exits? :D

LOL - the first couple of seasons have been more of a challenge this year than FM16.  I am getting towards the end of the season, so an update should be at hand in the next 2-3 days. Trying to juggle FM time with family time :)

4 hours ago, MadCatPT said:

The promotion tastes better after some struggle.

That is always, the case, yes! Thank you for commenting.

2 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Following the legend again :D

Well, I am glad that a legend in his own right is following my thread!

SEASON REVIEW 2017/18

With Kemal Kara and Danny Smith leading the frontline, our offense showed huge improvement this year – we went from being one of the worst teams offensively to the 8th best offensive team in the league.  Unfortunately, we went from being the 19th best defensive team to being the 21st – only one team was worse defensively than we were this season.  Still, encouragingly, we moved up in the league – from 18th to 16th Place – although our point total was pretty much the same.  Would I call us an improved team? Offensively yes, but overall, I think we haven’t improved much at all.  Our GK situation is dire, and our defensive line was so bad I had to pull back our Player of the Year last season (Hernandez) from the midfield to support the back and play as a CD.  That pulled talent from the middle of the pitch, but the top prospect from last year’s Youth Intake, Utteridge, made some great progress and now looks capable of contributing a lot to the team going forward.  Our talent, though, was upfront – the left wing, the two striker positions, and at AM, which is why we saw so much improvement offensively. 

Sadly, our Average Attendance actually dropped from 767 to 697, and as such our finances suffered, as well.  Between the drop in attendance the hike in wages as we shifted players from their £5 per week youth contracts to more expensive part-time contracts, we ended up taking a loss this season.  We are still in the positive going into the 2018/19 season, but making money is not a feasible thing right now.  The board also scrapped my plans to improve our Youth Level, something which they had initially approved.  

HZeS7k.jpg

gqKQhc.jpg

E1PCt1.jpg

pzXM7b.jpg

mYSgri.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Aaron Gray (2016), 19 Years Old:  This was probably the last year of Gray being our starting GK, with new prospect Ian Smith coming up from the Kafra Academy this year.  The truth is, while he was my preference at the GK, he still split duties with Skinner throughout the season, as neither was giving me the type of form I was looking for.  Gray played in 24 Games, registering 1.84 Con/90 and 6.81 AR – my coaching staff were never fans of the GK, so I am sure they will be glad to see him relegated as Smith takes over the mantle as our No.1 come next season.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Dan Shulton (2016), 19 Years Old:  This was possibly the weakest position on the entire squad, so I shifted over one of our better defenders from CD to be our new left-back.  The experiment was not a resounding success, but it did bring some sort of stability and reasonable form to the position that was totally lacking before.  Shulton played all 42 Games, registering 1.75 TpG and 6.83 AR, which was actually higher than his 6.77 AR at his more natural position of CD last year.  He remains our only real option at the position going forward, but if he can maintain this kind of form, I will not have much to complain about. 

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Ignacio Hernandez (2016), 17 Years Old:  Our player of the year last season, I ended up having to retrain him to play CD and shift him back to lead the back-four as my defensive line was in shambles to start the season.  Thankfully, he adjusted well, and while he did not give me the kind of form when he was playing his natural DM position, he was still our best player in the back-four.  In 39 Games, he registered 3.99 TpG and 6.88 AR while leading the team with 482 Interceptions.  He also renewed his contract for one more year at the end of the season, so that was a big plus for us as he remains one of our most important players. 

Archie Holland (2016), 18 Years Old:  Looking for solutions in the back, I decided to follow the advice of my coaching staff and start who they considered to be one of the highest potential CDs on the squad in Archie Holland.  Overall, we were a terrible defensive team, but there is hope for the future, and Holland did show glimpses of being capable of being a good CD at this level.  He played in 34 Games, registering 2 Goals, 2.61 TpG, and 6.75 AR while leading the team with 29 Key Tackles.  He was also tied with Hernandez with 482 Interceptions to lead the team, and was generally a positive, active member of the back-four.  It he can show some improvements in his attributes, he has every chance to solidify his status as our starting CD in the short term.

Addie Higginson (2017), 16 Years Old:  Only three players were able to break into the rotation from the 2017 Youth Class, and Higginson was one of them.  Both Higginson and Holland are rated 4.5/5 PA by my coaching staff at the CD position, so they are competing for the position that Holland currently holds.  In 21 Games, he registered 2.57 TpG, 1.07 DpG, and 6.68 AR, starting in 15 Games in the league.  Overall, I would rate him as a competent third option as of now, but I really want to see some improvements in his attributes before putting more trust in him.  Thankfully, he is still very young and has a lot of time ahead of him to show the attribute improvements I would like to see.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Roy Garner (2016), 18 Years Old: His form was so underwhelming that before the turn of the year, I had relegated him to the bench despite being considered one of the best players at the club.  Not only that, but his replacement played so much better than him.  In 19 Games, he registered 2.22 TpG and an abysmal 6.48 AR – I could not keep him in the starting lineup after he showed no signs of improving.  The reality is, if Vernon keeps performing like he did, regardless of what my coaching staff think or say, Garner is going to remain on the bench.

Tom Vernon (2017), 17 Years Old:  I started him out of desperation and lack of faith in Garner as opposed to belief in Vernon, but he seized his chance and did not let go throughout the season.  In 28 Games, he registered 2 PoMs, 3.51 TpG, and 6.79 AR – numbers that were infinitely better than Garner’s.  He will remain as our starter going into next season, and although he has good Mental attributes, he is lacking, more defensively important attributes.  Hopefully, he will show some good progress and prove that he deserve his starting place.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Tony Taylor (2016), 20 Years Old:  Our second year captain had pretty much the same year as his first, which is nothing to complain about, really.  In 34 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 3 Assists, 4.22 TpG, 85% Pass Ratio, and 6.94 AR, which were pretty solid numbers from a player who did not make mistakes often.  My coaching staff believe his potential is a Vanarama National player, which bodes well for us as that is our immediate goal – to find a way to get promoted into that league.  He probably is no longer the most talented CM on the team with the rise of Utteridge, but he remains the leader of this squad.

David Utteridge (2017), 17 Years Old:  One of the three players from the ’17 Youth Class to break into the rotation this year, Utteridge is also clearly the most talented.  From the moment he broke into the first team, he looked capable of being at least a rotational player, and I did not have any expectations of more, but he was easily our hardest worker in training and as such was the player that made the most improvements in his attributes on the team this year.  My coaching staff have him rated at a full 5/5 CA and 5/5 PA (5 yellow stars), so they already consider him one of the best players on the squad, and I would second that.  In 32 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 4 Assists, 3 PoMs, 2.36 TpG, 86% Pass Ratio, 1.25 DpG, and 6.99 AR, and my expectation is that this will rise even further as he matures.

LEFT WINGERS

Ingo Kosien (2016), 17 Years Old:  After playing with my nerves all season, the young German decided to resign with us for one more year, and I was thankful for that.  For this level, he has really developed into a great option for us down the left wing – he played in 38 Games, registering 4 Goals, 10 Assists (2nd on team), 76% Pass Ratio, 1.69 DpG, and 6.77 AR.  He needs to work on being more consistent, but he was a constant threat for us and gave us some solid play down the left flank.  He is the quickest player on the team and probably one of the quickest overall at this level. 

RIGHT WINGERS

Paul Binns (2016), 19 Years Old:  Paul Binns is one of those players that you are constantly thinking, after looking at their attributes, that you need to find better at his position, but then at the end of the year, you look at the statistics, and he has ended up being one of finest players.  The right winger played in 40 Games, registering 7 Goals, a team-leading 11 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.99 DpG, and 6.89 AR, and also became the second highest paid player on the team after Danny Smith, earning £475 per week.  He is currently an integral part of the team and one of its best performers, and will be relied on to do the same thing next season.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Chris Roberts (2016), 16 Years Old:  When it comes to potential, Roberts is probably the one with the most of it on the squad.  His limits are not quite clear, but one of my coaching staff does think he could potentially be a Championship-level player – a tall order, but I don’t not see it.  He does not want to sign a new contract as he believes he is better than the club’s level, so we might only have him for one more year.  This season, he played in 33 Games, registering 4 Goals, 6 Assists, 1.19 TpG, 85% Pass Ratio, and 6.95 AR, which showed improvement over his numbers from his first year.  He is still very young, and my hope would be that we end up convincing him to stay, although that is not looking likely. 

FORWARDS

Kemal Kara (2016), 17 Years Old:  The U19 Turkish international emerged as our best player this year, and there can be no doubt that he fully deserved his first Kafra Player of the Year.  This was the last year of his contract, and he showed great improvements in his attributes, but he steadfastly refused to renew his contract as he stated the club’s level did not match his own ambition.  Given the level of his talent (my coaching staff reckon his is a League 2-level striker), I cannot argue with his logic.  In 41 Games, he registered a team record 24 Goals, 7 Assists, 5 PoMs, 85% Pass Ratio, and 7.25 AR – as far as talent, he is easily the best player currently on the team.  He gave us two good years, and I highly doubt I will find a way to get him to sign a new contract, so thanks for keeping us up and safe, Kemal!

Danny Smith (2016), 16 Years Old:  He might not be as talented as Kara, but at least I can rest assured that I will not be losing Smith, who put up a decent season of his own.  In 37 Games, he registered 13 Goals, 7 Assists, 3 PoMs, 87% Pass Ratio, and 7.13 AR – in other words, he was one of the top players at the club.  He will lead the frontline alone next season, and although he continues to refuse to sign a new contract due to him disliking me (!!!), I can hopefully get him to change his mind before his contract runs out at the end of next season.

HOT PROSPECTS

None yet.

YOUTH INTAKE

o92WOJ.jpg

2OaBv1.jpg

At this point of the save, in the early days, any player not at 5/5 PA off the bat is probably not going to amount to much, so I am pretty pessimistic about this Intake.  We had David Utteridge develop well from last year’s Intake, but I don’t think we have anyone near that talent this year.  So far, the past two Intakes have not netted us any players that are capable of really changing the team’s fortunes, although this year’s Intake does seem to be pretty deep.  We could have some rotational players that could be part of the first team in a year or two, but as you can see above, even my coaching staff is not really excited about anyone – no generational talent or best prospect in the last few years.

Good thing about your team is that they are all young so you should see development throughout the whole squad. Slow process at the start but definitely some encouraging signs (especially those 2 strikers!)

2 minutes ago, deez0r said:

Good thing about your team is that they are all young so you should see development throughout the whole squad. Slow process at the start but definitely some encouraging signs (especially those 2 strikers!)

Yes, you are right - too bad Kara is leaving the club as he refuses to sign a new contract!

1 hour ago, TheMakeleleRole said:

Really like Utteridge as a player, and a Professional personality as well. Future captain!

He is actually developing really nicely - I misjudged him at first.  Problem is, he is already unhappy and wants a bigger club!

2018/19 PRESEASON REPORT

We lost our best player Kemal Kara over the summer as he left on Free Transfer and ended up signing with League 2 outfit Cambridge, but he was the only significant change on the team.  There are lots of unhappy players, but they are all under contract at least until the end of this upcoming season.  The first two years have been difficult, but that has been expected, but unfortunately our Youth Intakes have so far only netted us one good player (Utteridge) with the jury still out on a few others.  I expect this season to be in line with the previous two – if we can improve on last year’s 16th Place, then it would have to be considered a success, but the reality is, as long as we are safe from the relegation zone, then I will be happy.

7P7SLk.jpg

2L10yl.jpg

b4bCxX.jpg

NjoZoF.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 09:41, Deisler26 said:

Not that professional then...

LOL - exactly. He has been an unhappy bugger, and very vocal.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:57, noikeee said:

18th to 16th, well... it's progress. :D

We take whatever we can!

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 13:13, MadCatPT said:

Only 6 more years to reach the playoffs at that rythym.

LOL - at this rate, that's not so bad at all.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 08:13, Torminator said:

Following again! Awesome that you play at Friar park!, a true Kafra legend.

Keep up the good work!

hugo

Thanks for commenting! Yes, I had to dedicate our stadium to the guy I consider the best player from the FM16 save!

23 hours ago, beardymouse said:

Yay! Great to have you back for 17. Champions League this year!

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it - hopefully we can get to the same heights as last season!

6 hours ago, SounessTash said:

Just posting to get the blue dot reminder.

Good luck for the save.

Thank you, and thanks for commenting!

6 hours ago, AFH said:

Good luck :)

I have a feeling I will need some of that! Thanks!

Our second ever transfer, this one is more painful to take, but £250K with us going through financial difficulties is hard to say no to.  The initial transfers were coming in for £125K, so I doubled it and added a 10% on future Sale, and Rangers accepted.  He is tough to lose, but we need the money.

aCrY7X.jpg

Archived