Introducing Community Translations

5 hours ago, Woodg SI said:

These are translated in the text file. The database is only used where variation is needed due to case and/or gender.

So just search for the terms in the main file and translate them there.

I'll look at that.

Thanks for your help.

• Neil Brock unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Could anyone please tell me how to do translation in FM 2018 ?

My FM 2018 only ships with LTC file which is not editable and looks like there is no way to add my own translation or did I miss something ?

2 hours ago, chxzqw said:

Could anyone please tell me how to do translation in FM 2018 ?

My FM 2018 only ships with LTC file which is not editable and looks like there is no way to add my own translation or did I miss something ?

Where are you looking for the language file, the example file should be located in the following location by default (you may need to run the game first to get it generated):

\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\languages

9 小时前, michaeltmurrayuk说:

Where are you looking for the language file, the example file should be located in the following location by default (you may need to run the game first to get it generated):

\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\languages

Thx a lot! I was looking for the stuff in \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2018\data\shared which is the wrong place. Cheers.

Hi just another one...I read relative topics but find nowhere to tell how to translate data entities (player names, club names ,etc.) which are not in the ltf files.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/1471967615888048526/?appid=482730 mentions 'To translate entity names use the Football Manager 2017 Editor to replace entities' English names with your translations.' then I installed the FM 2018 editor on steam and did a little bit research but still have got no idea how to do translation for entities in the powerful tool.

Any reading matierials on this topic please ?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The language files now seem to be LTC rather than LTF, which is a real problem because they are binary files and for the life of me I just cannot find any editing tool capable of changing the LTC files. Linguistic Tree Constructor claims to be able to edit LTC files but when you open a FM19 LTC file with it it come up with a message stating that the file is corrupt.

Obviously I've been using the Resource Archiver to search for the language files (as nearly everything is archived in FMF files). If it's really as simple as editing LTF files then does anyone know what FMF file they are contained within?

• 1 year later...
  • SI Staff

They were ltc files when this was first annouced - the source english ltf can be found in C:\Users\<your.username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\languages

Em 16/08/2020 em 16:20, EdL disse:

They were ltc files when this was first annouced - the source english ltf can be found in C:\Users\<your.username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\languages

FM 2020 still supporting this ? I couldnt load the language that I changed

I got the example.ltf, made the changes, salve it as new copy as "portuguese (bra).ltf", but I couldnt find it when I tried to change in-game

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...