Sports Interactive Community
Stu_UBJ

[FM17] Newcastle United; Join the Rafalution!!

8 minutes ago, Catley94 said:

Here's the staff mate. I have them all on ongoing assignments for different countries, seems to be doing the trick so far as they found me this guy for only 1.5 million - bargain!

Your guy looks possessed! :D

3 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

Your guy looks possessed! :D

Haha yeah a fair few of my regen's look like that :eek: probably get a facepack for them soon!

So, second season is over and what a season it was! We were in the running the entire season and I was dreaming of a place in the CL as both City and Spurs seemed to run away with it for a while, but we hit an incredible form towards the end and they started dropping points.

League.png

The fixtures over the season:

Sked1.pngSked2.png

And the heroes that made it all happen

Squad1.png

Squad2.png

9 hours ago, burtanza said:

So, second season is over and what a season it was! We were in the running the entire season and I was dreaming of a place in the CL as both City and Spurs seemed to run away with it for a while, but we hit an incredible form towards the end and they started dropping points.

League.png

The fixtures over the season:

Sked1.pngSked2.png

And the heroes that made it all happen

Squad1.png

Squad2.png

Incredible work mate!!

Do you want to share some tactics? ;)

1 hour ago, tool-nes said:

Incredible work mate!!

Do you want to share some tactics? ;)

Sure, I started out the season with a flat 4-5-1 counter, but after that early run with 5 straight without a win I decided to make some changes. I just happened to stumble across Ozil´s thread about the 4-1-4-1 and basically stole a few concepts from that one, like changing the DM from DLP to DM when facing a 4-2-3-1. I suggest finding that thread in the tactics section and have a read to understand how he uses the different tactics. What I ended up with are two variations of the 4-1-4-1. I am at work now so can´t post screens, but I will try to type out my two tactics. So here we go.

4-1-4-1 DLP, standard/very fluid - Slightly higher D-line, Play out of defence, prevent short GK pass. 

SKs: roll it out to playmaker

FBs: fewer risky passes

CDd: none

DLPd: close down less

Wa: close down more

CMa: close down more

CMs: get further forward

CFs: move into channels, close down more, tackle harder

4-1-4-1 DM, standard/very fluid - Slightly higher D-line, Prevent short GK pass.

SKs: play ball to flanks

WBs: cross more often, run wide with ball

DMd: none

CMa: Close down more

CMs: Get further forward

WPa: Close down more

CFs: Move into channels, close down more, tackle harder

This tactic was only used when playing against a 4-2-3-1 and the first one was used against all other tactical variations.

5 minutes ago, burtanza said:

Sure, I started out the season with a flat 4-5-1 counter, but after that early run with 5 straight without a win I decided to make some changes. I just happened to stumble across Ozil´s thread about the 4-1-4-1 and basically stole a few concepts from that one, like changing the DM from DLP to DM when facing a 4-2-3-1. I suggest finding that thread in the tactics section and have a read to understand how he uses the different tactics. What I ended up with are two variations of the 4-1-4-1. I am at work now so can´t post screens, but I will try to type out my two tactics. So here we go.

4-1-4-1 DLP, standard/very fluid - Slightly higher D-line, Play out of defence, prevent short GK pass. 

SKs: roll it out to playmaker

DLPd: close down less

CMa: close down more

CMs: get further forward

CFs: move into channels, close down more, tackle harder

4-1-4-1 DM, standard/very fluid - Slightly higher D-line, Prevent short GK pass.

SKs: play ball to flanks

WBs: cross more often, run wide with ball

DMd: none

CMa: Close down more

CMs: Get further forward

WPa: Close down more

CFs: Move into channels, close down more, tackle harder

This tactic was only used when playing against a 4-2-3-1 and the first one was used against all other tactical variations.

Thank you very much! :)

A coincidence that I am actually just starting to read that O-Zil thread as we speak!

I tend to fancy a 4231 shape, but maybe I have to see other places for some new inspirations ;)

17 hours ago, Catley94 said:

Here's the staff mate. I have them all on ongoing assignments for different countries, seems to be doing the trick so far as they found me this guy for only 1.5 million - bargain!

scouts.png

Jens Sandqvist.png

Nice ill be checking out these scouts!

Not a Newcastle fan, but thought I'd start a game and really enjoying it thus far!

First season I somehow ****ed up the league and only game second with 88 points. Bit annoying but at least I was promoted, and I also got to the FA Cup final where I lost 1-0 to Arsenal.

Second season I managed to finish 10th in  Prem and won the League Cup beating Man United in the final on penalties (luckily they had two players sent off)!

I'm now into my third season and won the first three games of the season (3-2 away to Leicester, 1-0 home to Ipswich and 5-1 away to West Brom) with Brighton home next. I've got a Europa League group of Fenerbache, Basel and Stromsgodnet so have a chance of progressing from that.

My team I've managed to get a strong English core so i'm fully prepared for the possibility of Brexit! Playing a 4-2-3-1 formation my squad is as follows (I say squad rather than a starting XI):

GK: Jack Butland, Freddie Woodman

RB: Sam Byram
CB: Grant Hanley, Jamaal Lascelles, Michael Keane, Reece Oxford, Pontus Jansson
LB: Charlie Taylor, Tyrone Mings

CM: Yaya Toure, Carlos Solar, Nathaniel Chalobah, Sam Clucas, Will Hughes, Kristoffer Ajer

RW: Matt Ritchie, Rolando Aarons
CAM: Martin Odegaard, Bradley Dack, Alex Pritchard
LW: Joel Campbell, Tom Ince

ST: Odian Ighalo, Dwight Gayle, Adam Armstrong, Andre Gray

Need to strengthen at RB, but hopefully I've got enough to move on to start challenging for top 4/6 in the league

On 12/1/2016 at 15:48, JamLUFC said:

Not a Newcastle fan, but thought I'd start a game and really enjoying it thus far!

First season I somehow ****ed up the league and only game second with 88 points. Bit annoying but at least I was promoted, and I also got to the FA Cup final where I lost 1-0 to Arsenal.

Second season I managed to finish 10th in  Prem and won the League Cup beating Man United in the final on penalties (luckily they had two players sent off)!

I'm now into my third season and won the first three games of the season (3-2 away to Leicester, 1-0 home to Ipswich and 5-1 away to West Brom) with Brighton home next. I've got a Europa League group of Fenerbache, Basel and Stromsgodnet so have a chance of progressing from that.

My team I've managed to get a strong English core so i'm fully prepared for the possibility of Brexit! Playing a 4-2-3-1 formation my squad is as follows (I say squad rather than a starting XI):

GK: Jack Butland, Freddie Woodman

RB: Sam Byram
CB: Grant Hanley, Jamaal Lascelles, Michael Keane, Reece Oxford, Pontus Jansson
LB: Charlie Taylor, Tyrone Mings

CM: Yaya Toure, Carlos Solar, Nathaniel Chalobah, Sam Clucas, Will Hughes, Kristoffer Ajer

RW: Matt Ritchie, Rolando Aarons
CAM: Martin Odegaard, Bradley Dack, Alex Pritchard
LW: Joel Campbell, Tom Ince

ST: Odian Ighalo, Dwight Gayle, Adam Armstrong, Andre Gray

Need to strengthen at RB, but hopefully I've got enough to move on to start challenging for top 4/6 in the league

See if Angelo Fulgini is available. Signed him first season for 3.7 mill and his value is now 20 mill - wanted by all big clubs and will be my right back for years to come! Needed a bit of tutoring and tinkering but paid off massively!

Did anyone else have a massive drop in form in the first season? I was top of the league until December, scoring 32 and conceding 6 goals in 20 games.  Then as soon as Decembers fixtures start I'm losing every game and not scoring. Morale has obviously started to drop but just can't seem to stop this run. Any ideas?

On 12/3/2016 at 19:10, Daveshotton said:

Did anyone else have a massive drop in form in the first season? I was top of the league until December, scoring 32 and conceding 6 goals in 20 games.  Then as soon as Decembers fixtures start I'm losing every game and not scoring. Morale has obviously started to drop but just can't seem to stop this run. Any ideas?

rotate the team a lot dude . I had this.  Dont be afraid to give anyone a chance.

My first season with Newcastle ended above expectations, i'm currently playing in a network game with 4 others (Aston Villa, Tottenham, Liverpool and Man Utd).

I proberly made a lot of mistakes in the transfer windows, but the idea was to buy young players who could play in the first team and develop, so i had i good team for premier league, but the competition from the other human controlled teams where tough, I missed out on Dolberg (Spurs), M. Romero (Man Utd) and a lot of others who just wouldent play in the championship.

Newcastle United_  Transferhistorik.png

The season started really good and i won alot of games, but Derby and Norwich managed to hold on, Aston Villa started really bad but keep coming back on track, and at the second half of the season i hit a drop, and began to lose almost every second game.

Newcastle United_  Senior-kampe.png

However the hight of the season was the victory in the EFL Cup and a chance to play in the UEFA Europa League next season. I won over 2 human controlled teams and in the finale SUNDERLAND:D

EFL Cup_ Oversigt Runder-2.png

I nearly missed the top position a lot of times but in the last game i won and secured the title, Aston Ville got to the playoffs and won promotion, and theier manager won manager of the year, WHAT? I feel missed out on;-)

Sky Bet Championship_ Oversigt Profil.png

After the last game i got a transfer kittie of 55 Million Euros and acted fast :-)

Newcastle United_  Transferhistorik-2.png

I changed tactis a lot in this season playing 4-3-2-1, 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3 but i think i will play with this team in the Premier League and hopfully Euro League

GK: Krul (might buy Areola or Begovic or BUTLAND)

DEF: Mings - Lascelles- Mbemba - Coleman

MID: Hayden - Barkley

OFF MID: Perez

ST: Mitrovic - Batshuayi

Next season starts on Monday, so i hope the team is good enough;-)

Starting this now, was going to make up a Team discussion but here we already have one. nice!. hopefully this will be my long term save try and get a good core

Newcastle United FC_  Senior Fixtures-2.png

Pre season done. As you can see scoring a mighty 25 goala in 7 games. conceading 4. Yes i know not against great teams but its all down to the players getting their feet and working well.

Newcastle United FC_  Overview.png

A new tactic to me, decided to use a Johan Cruyff's 4-5-1-1 diamond (although it doesnt look like a diamond it does when the team plays) created by @Ö-zil to the Arsenal!

Looking forward to using the tactic and hopefully it will bring me automatic promotion. Ive not brought in any players, ive let jesus Gamez go for £2.8m all the rest was youth players going out on loan including Rolando Aarons to QPR.

New to the community, just been lurkin around before. Just wanted to share my journey so far.

First season i won without any fuss, top of the table from game one. Now im into second season with 26 games in. Im running 4th right now with 8 points up to first place.

Biggest impact on signings for me is this kid. He is freaking crushing the other teams (18 starts/9 subs 26 goals).

Didnt really sign him as a starting player, as Dwight Gayle also is a solid goalscorer. But he ended up being mad about me not signing any big names, and his score-rate dropped. Still banging some important goals but i cant just drop Villalibre from the starting 11.

For now im just looking for a dm, i usually play Ajer on that position and have Hayden as sub. But i want to move Ajer to a mc position (to replace Diame, 31 years old) and im trying to bring in Denis Zakaria. Have some promising players on loan, due to workpermit. And i just cross my fingers they play good so they can play for their National team to score some points.

Asier Villalibre_ Oversikt Profil.png

Proof FM17 is very un-realistic as NUFC are actually able to beat SAFC on it, something they haven't been able to do for quite a while in real life :cool:

Edited by Nozzer

Had a very nice first season knocking a few PL teams out the cups, gonna get rid of a few players that I've had this season and re-invest in the side. A lot of these players have decent set prices also so it'll be a nice little turn over, as I love to spend way less than I bring in :joy: 

Also I was very surprised with Armstrong coming back in off loan and filling in for Gayle and Mitrovic when they were both injured, scored about 6/7 goals in 12 games which was brilliant.

50Vz07D.png

2dClsAH.png

M0eKSLg.png

R8qRGEf.png

15 minutes ago, Dodds' said:

Had a very nice first season knocking a few PL teams out the cups, gonna get rid of a few players that I've had this season and re-invest in the side. A lot of these players have decent set prices also so it'll be a nice little turn over, as I love to spend way less than I bring in :joy: 

Also I was very surprised with Armstrong coming back in off loan and filling in for Gayle and Mitrovic when they were both injured, scored about 6/7 goals in 12 games which was brilliant.

50Vz07D.png

2dClsAH.png

M0eKSLg.png

R8qRGEf.png

Loving Matt Ritchie so far this season, although hes just coming back from 2 month out.

Gayle was ruled out for 3 month aswell but hes back fit for me. What formation you working on the team? 

Hello lads,

I've been playing with Newcastle the last 2 1/2 seasons but yet to post on this thread, mainly been lurking in the shadows and reading everyone else's progress. Thought I'd finally share how I'm getting on. First season managed to scrape promotion by the skin of my teeth. We was down to 7/8th on the last day, needed to win and pray other results went our way. Amazingly, and I've no idea how, Cardiff who were down in 17th, managed to bag an 84th minute winner away against QPR allowing us to grab the last play-off spot with a better goal difference of +1. It was one of the most exciting moments I've had on FM in the 10+ years I've played it!

From there we dominated the play-offs, winning both semi-final legs comfortably against Birmingham before brushing past Fulham 2-0 in the final. Second season made a big shuffle of the squad getting rid of the dead wood. Raised a lot of funds and re-spent them wisely. We managed to finish 11th, didnt rally look like challenging any higher and was never in trouble of going down. I was satisfied with mid table. In third season I'm currently 13 games in sitting 13th. We've had an up and down start, I'm hoping the squad will settle and kick on after chirstmas. Hoping to acheive a Europa league spot but with the start we've had it may be a bit too much this year. 

I'll post all my transfers below from the 3 seasons:

1st:

482730_20161216151725_1.png

2nd

482730_20161216152126_1.png

3rd

482730_20161216152129_1.png

My starting XI at full strength currently looks like this:

482730_20161216152914_1.png

Notable mentions have to go out to Kevin Lasagna. Paid £2.5m for him and he scored 26 in 31 for me coming second in the top scorer charts. Way outperforms his stats and I'd recommend him massively. Jenkinson has remained consistent since he was bought and Atsu is a monster currently valued at £25m. His stats in the 3 seasons for me are played 88, assists 30 and scored 20. Disappointed I haven't been able to play Rajkovic and Mauricio Lemos as both were declined a WP (I confirmed without realising). Hoping they'll get one soon or I'll have to sell.

Thanks for those who read, will update you again soon!

Edited by HCFC_Clark

4 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

HCFC_Clark, Lasagne is not on my game even though I uploaded Serie A & B?, good luck

Can't think why, what size is your database?

2 hours ago, HCFC_Clark said:

Hello lads,

I've been playing with Newcastle the last 2 1/2 seasons but yet to post on this thread, mainly been lurking in the shadows and reading everyone else's progress. Thought I'd finally share how I'm getting on. First season managed to scrape promotion by the skin of my teeth. We was down to 7/8th on the last day, needed to win and pray other results went our way. Amazingly, and I've no idea how, Cardiff who were down in 17th, managed to bag an 84th minute winner away against QPR allowing us to grab the last play-off spot with a better goal difference of +1. It was one of the most exciting moments I've had on FM in the 10+ years I've played it!

From there we dominated the play-offs, winning both semi-final legs comfortably against Birmingham before brushing past Fulham 2-0 in the final. Second season made a big shuffle of the squad getting rid of the dead wood. Raised a lot of funds and re-spent them wisely. We managed to finish 11th, didnt rally look like challenging any higher and was never in trouble of going down. I was satisfied with mid table. In third season I'm currently 13 games in sitting 13th. We've had an up and down start, I'm hoping the squad will settle and kick on after chirstmas. Hoping to acheive a Europa league spot but with the start we've had it may be a bit too much this year. 

I'll post all my transfers below from the 3 seasons:

1st:

482730_20161216151725_1.png

2nd

482730_20161216152126_1.png

3rd

482730_20161216152129_1.png

My starting XI at full strength currently looks like this:

482730_20161216152914_1.png

Notable mentions have to go out to Kevin Lasagna. Paid £2.5m for him and he scored 26 in 31 for me coming second in the top scorer charts. Way outperforms his stats and I'd recommend him massively. Jenkinson has remained consistent since he was bought and Atsu is a monster currently valued at £25m. His stats in the 3 seasons for me are played 88, assists 30 and scored 20. Disappointed I haven't been able to play Rajkovic and Mauricio Lemos as both were declined a WP (I confirmed without realising). Hoping they'll get one soon or I'll have to sell.

Thanks for those who read, will update you again soon!

how an earth did you get Pulisic first season! great buy though

9 hours ago, Lufcberg22 said:

Loving Matt Ritchie so far this season, although hes just coming back from 2 month out.

Gayle was ruled out for 3 month aswell but hes back fit for me. What formation you working on the team? 

I change formation near on every game mate, depending on opposition and where they're having trouble on the pitch.

Mainly 4231, 4411 with Ayoze running the CAM position as he's a joke as a second striker.

19 hours ago, Lufcberg22 said:

how an earth did you get Pulisic first season! great buy though

From memory he was transfer listed, I was surprised myself too!

newcastle badge.JPG

Season 16/17

So nothing much to show transfer wise all season as i only brought in Sylvain Distin as my only transfer this season. I believe my current squad was capable of achiving promotion to the EPL. The less i spent the more ill get if we get promoted. But here is a view of ins & outs.

Newcastle United FC_  Transfer History.png

Championship Table 16/17

Sky Bet Championship_ Overview Stages-2.png

So as you can see we had a thrilling end to the season by winning the league by just 1 point!!. My own club Leeds did me a favour 2nd to last game of season by beating Norwich 2-1to give me the upper hand. We was head to head with Norwich from February until the very last game. Wolves under Ryan Giggs was chipping in aswell but died off towards end of the season. Like i said above i had belief in my squad as there was alot of quality to get us straight back to the EPL. But nail biting stuff towards end of the season. Back to the Premier League it is then!

I got beat in the EFL Cup semi final by Burton Albion which i was shocked as they was 20th in the league. They hosted Arsenal in the final but got beat 4-0. But i MIGHT be wrong but arsenal finished 2nd so got Champions League Football, Does this mean Burton get Europa League?

Ritchie Named Player Of The Year

Stephen McConnell_  Inbox-3.png

Without doubt my player of the season. This boy had a season to remember. 2nd top scorer in the Championship with 20 goals with a rating of 7.42. Nobody came close!

Extra Stats

Stephen McConnell_  Home.png

So there we have it, A season over with and a good one too. Hopefully add a few new faces for the EPL and see where we go from there. Maybe do a Leicester ;). No. Realistic mid table ive told my players.

Decided to start my Newcastle game again for some strange reason, I'm keeping the old one just incase though.

Decided to give Newcastle a go, won the league at a canter as expected, squad is just so much stronger than everybody elses from the off, reckon I could have got mid-table in the EPL already:

300zozl.jpg

35ckk7s.jpg

Mike Ashley was very generous in the January transfer window and gave us £37M to spend, decided to splash the cash on two future stars in Leon Bailey and Emre Mor:

aaun9w.jpg

2upyg7s.jpg

Both played have played a bit-part role since joining, looking forward to seeing how they develop. Oh and I have also signed Atsu for the pre-agreed £5M. Got the likes of City and Liverpool sniffing around Mbemba and Lascelles though, causing them to become unsettled and request transfers :( hoping I can just ignore them as they are both on long term contracts and they'll become somewhat settled again  :crossed:

URjGIx3.png

Right I started my save again and I'm having a bloody good start so far, I think this approach to changing backroom staff instead of on my old game I just left them has definitely helped the defending of the team as well as learning the tactic quicker.

Hopefully it continues.

Edited by Dodds'

Gutted as my Newcastle save's is crashed :( Anyway, i finished first season as Championship champions in narrow battle against Norwich ( finished 85, them 84) Gayle is a star with 22 goals in 33 apps, but got injured twice that made us struggle. Can't find Mitrovic to fit my system, the same goes to Murphy, a very one dimensional striker. Ritchie is good, but inconsistent. Ayoze the best player, top assist and second top scorer. 

Signed many wonderkid in this save, Rajkovic, Ainley, Zelalem, just to name a few. Also Ross Barkley and Subotic. Well.... seems I need to start over...

On Thu Nov 17 2016 at 09:12, little said:

Whats Dembele like from Celtic? tried to get him in the championship but didnt want to join me. Good enough for the prem?

For me he's got 22 goals in the prem and 18 assists 

On Fri Nov 18 2016 at 15:09, Catley94 said:

Half way through second summer window. Big overhaul and currently have 97 million and 300k wages to spend. Any suggestions or should I try to conserve. Made some solid signings so far but can't seem to leave the transfer budget alone haha 

Get Berardi and dembele up top 

VG7VQq7.png

I9hHSzw.png

Couple of decent youth prospects in the first intake, hopefully can boost their stats up hugely.

Newcastle First Season

kE7Md5A.png
2OkdHxQ.png

Finished with over 100 points and to be honest I was disappointed to lose 7 games, we dominated in near on every game bar a few when main players like Ritchie, Ayoze and Gayle were injured. However players fitted in well with their absences and made the choice hard who to pick in various games.

FoDWwzm.png

I didn't want to play Gayle as much as I did as I absolutely love Mitrovic, but everytime he came on or started he was literally unstoppable and if I played him as much as Nakhi Wells he would have walked the golden boot in the league but I'll take the flack for that. Ritchie could have had far more assists too during the season but he spat his dummy out due to the lack of depth in midfield after selling Tiote. Another honourable mention to Ayoze getting over 20 goals and 10 assists this season too.

93DZ9wx.png

Pleased with what we achieved in the cups too, they weren't a main part of the season for me and I wasn't fussed until I came up against Man United and overturned them at Old Trafford. Then went out 0-4 too Watford.

mexgPWh.png

Transfer's I brought in were to help with the youth signings option, none really played apart from Jenkinson although he got a major injury for 4 months of the season which didn't help him embedding into the side.

I think this save has gone far better for me than my last so I think I'll be carrying on with this, even though I missed out on Ajer and Dembele from Celtic #Cry

Edited by Dodds'

Was worrying about buying Kasey Palmer from Chelsea for £10m, he seems to be worth it though...

IppEitq.png

Hey All,

Just Finished my first season and boy what a struggle it was for the majority of it. I thought it would be a breeze the championship giving how strong the squad was to start with and after signing some quality players and getting rid of the players I don't think are good enough I had enough strength in depth to succeed. However it proved anything but mainly down to my fault as I couldn't seem to find a formation to stick with so I chopped and changed a lot at the start of the season and this cost us in terms of results and keep changing players, we slipped down to 7th at one point in the season and looked in real danger of not only missing out on automatic promotion but promotion all together.

Luckily though I managed to find a solution in January and this saw us lose just 2 of our remaining league games which saw us rise up the table and close the gap on QPR who were at one point 10pts clear at the top of the league. It eventually came down to the wire I thought my chances of winning the title had gone after losing the 2nd last game of the season against already relegated Cardiff and QPR being 3pts ahead of us going into the last game. Our last game was at St James' in front of a sell out crowd and QPR had to go to Norwich who were fighting for a top 6 spot.

We had a miles better goal difference to QPR so if I could get a win and somehow Norwich did us a favour we would be champions, we breezed into a 3-0 lead before half time so our job was done all I needed was that Norwich result and it didn't look good as QPR went 1-0 up at HT. It wasn't looking good then I noticed Norwich had scored early into the 2nd half so 1-1 with half an hour still left to play, we were hopeful but resigned to finishing 2nd which overall was still decent after being 7th early on in the season so we knew we would be promoted at least. Then in 84mins Norwich scored the winner from the pen spot so not only did we go up but we had done it by the skin of our teeth we were Champions on Goal difference.

Championship

Sky Bet Championship_ Overview Stages.png

Newcastle United_  Senior Fixtures.png

Newcastle United_  Senior Fixtures-2.png

EFL Cup Logo.png

The EFL Cup was a cup to forget as I tried to rotate the squad and it came at a time where as I mentioned earlier I was struggling to find tactics that worked and so we ended up going out early.

Newcastle United_  Senior Fixtures-4.png

Emirates_FA_Cup_logo.jpg

We had a decent run in the FA Cup but again I tried to rotate the team after we were struggling in the league at the time and I thought we would ease past Burton but it turned out to be a lot tougher than I thought and again it cost us in the end going out much earlier than I would of expected.

Newcastle United_  Senior Fixtures-3.png

Transfers

As you can see I sold and bought in a lot of players but I felt that the senior players I got rid of weren't good enough for my team and most of them were out of contract in the summer so I wanted to cash in while I could and felt that 9m for Anita in particular was a great deal. Bringing in Dembele in Jan from Celtic was the real turning point, he scored 5 in 5 which helped us move up the table aswell as Shelvey, Ritchie and Atsu and Ayew getting into double figers in midfield aswell helped us a lot.

Newcastle United_  Transfer History.png

Newcastle United_  Transfer History-2.png

Newcastle United_  Transfer History-3.png

Now heading into the summer window I had £20m left over from player sales which I kept for the rest of the season and unlike Mike Ashley he has given me another £60m! so have a huge £80m to spend so far without selling anyone which I plan to do. I think i'll get rid of Sels, Elliot,  all of defence apart from Amavi and Mbemba as I don't feel the others are good enough for the Premier League and the likes of Mitrovic and Gayle who I don't think are good enough

Edited by Chewy2006

Wondering whether to re-start my Newcastle save. Got to 2020-2021 season, just won the PL, EFL Cup and EL in previous season. Squad is very good, with some decent youngsters too. 

Newcastle Second Season

mVv5xJP.png

Well finishing this high in the table in the return to the Prem was just what I was looking for... well anything above the relegation places would have been a good building block but you can't complain at all. The thing was, we didn't even fluke it either. From the first game day we were up there battling within the UCL places, unfortunately we couldn't qualify it went down to the last day.

RqdmoyJ.png

Huge shout out to the big lad Mitrović, his hold up play and all round leadership of the team helped us and he made me pick him over Gayle who wasn't the player we had in the Championship unfortunately. Him and Ayoze caused mayhem at times and I honestly couldn't displace either throughout the season. 

8q63nOi.png

Well we couldn't have had a better comeback season really could we? Two cup finals, a very entertaining season with the 'will we, won't we' with qualifying to the big boy competition of UCL. I'm looking to push on next year to get into the UCL and even compete at the top with the EL, I really want to at least get into the last 8 if possible.

0sdb1Z2.png

With the over achievement I bagged this, first personal trophy :)

fPGi85L.png

As you can see we had a mini clear out with the returning players from loan going out fully, which really needed to happen as their wages were very high and I could invest that money instead of just wasting it. We also brought in a few players the likes of Campbell, Silva and Atsu all provided some great things over the year. As well as Kasey Palmer, I was contemplating for a long time whether to grab him and he was absolutely outstanding when he played. Scoring long shot after long shot, assists... little intricate plays it was great to see and a very good player when Ayoze was missing. He also picked up signing of the season too.

1gjmZGA.png

Ayoze is so so good as a CAM.

3Dgx0Ea.png

This turn around was a mad ting, Ayoze had 3 assists as well :joy: 

19 hours ago, Dodds' said:

Newcastle Second Season

mVv5xJP.png

Well finishing this high in the table in the return to the Prem was just what I was looking for... well anything above the relegation places would have been a good building block but you can't complain at all. The thing was, we didn't even fluke it either. From the first game day we were up there battling within the UCL places, unfortunately we couldn't qualify it went down to the last day.

RqdmoyJ.png

Huge shout out to the big lad Mitrović, his hold up play and all round leadership of the team helped us and he made me pick him over Gayle who wasn't the player we had in the Championship unfortunately. Him and Ayoze caused mayhem at times and I honestly couldn't displace either throughout the season. 

8q63nOi.png

Well we couldn't have had a better comeback season really could we? Two cup finals, a very entertaining season with the 'will we, won't we' with qualifying to the big boy competition of UCL. I'm looking to push on next year to get into the UCL and even compete at the top with the EL, I really want to at least get into the last 8 if possible.

0sdb1Z2.png

With the over achievement I bagged this, first personal trophy :)

fPGi85L.png

As you can see we had a mini clear out with the returning players from loan going out fully, which really needed to happen as their wages were very high and I could invest that money instead of just wasting it. We also brought in a few players the likes of Campbell, Silva and Atsu all provided some great things over the year. As well as Kasey Palmer, I was contemplating for a long time whether to grab him and he was absolutely outstanding when he played. Scoring long shot after long shot, assists... little intricate plays it was great to see and a very good player when Ayoze was missing. He also picked up signing of the season too.

Great progress there!! What system are you using?

Anyone been able to get a farmerclub in Spain?

I have Gateshead, and N.E.C. in Netherlands, but for workpermit reasons I need a club in Spain.

Although I find a club and propose the deal, the board blocks it because I already have those two clubs :/ 

Edited by tool-nes

Really enjoying my Newcastle save at the moment. Cruised to the title in the first season, playing a 4-4-2 with a DM/CM combo, two wide midfielders and two false nines in the AMC position. Ended up with 103 points, after a rocky start when the formation was bedding in. Gayle was played out of position, but was a decent enough goalscorer and finished top scorer, with Ayoze just behind. Atsu was an absolute beast, as was Puncheon when he came in during the January transfer window. Diame and Anita bossed the midfield, with Zekhnini showing real promise for development, likewise Armstrong when he came back from loan.

Won the first three games of the return to the top flight, using the same system; albeit with refreshed personnel to reflect the larger challenge. You seem to get given an absolute fortune by the board upon promotion, which is a bonus - especially with all of the returning players from loan.

15/16 Transfers Out (windows one & two):

Sels (£2m)

Dummett (£2m)

Tiote (£7m)

Gouffran (£1m)

Murphy (loan)

Hanley (loan)

Haidara (loan)

Satka (loan)

Woodman (loan)

Mitrovic (loan)

15/16 Transfers In (windows one & two):

Tagliafico (£2m)

Zekhnini (£3m)

Puncheon (£2m)

Armstrong (recalled from loan in Jan)

16/17 Transfers Out (window one)

Elliot (£1m)

Darlow (£1m)

Krul (£2m)

Yedlin (£7.5m)

Clark (£3.5m)

Laschelles (£12m)

Hanley (£5m)

Hayden (£2.5m)

Mbabu (£3.5m)

Thauvin (as per deal)

Anita (£7m)

Ritchie (£11m)

Colback (£3m)

Saivet (£5m)

Ameobi (£500k)

Mitrovic (£8m)

Riviere (£2m)

Gayle (£12m)

16/17 Transfers In (window one)

Ings (£6m)

Kovacic (£13m)

Butland (£19m)

Vida (£10m)

Veltman (£8m)

Durm (£3.5m)

Elneny (£5m)

Lucas Silva (£3m)

Atsu (£5m - as per loan agreement)

Ben Arfa (loan)

Regens x3 (£5m in total)

Still got a stack of money to spend, given the sales and the board's initial budget but I'm waiting to see how the team beds in first. Current first team squad is:

GK: Butland (Woodman/Regen)

DR: Durm (Gamez)

DL: Tagliafico (Lazaar)

DC: Veltman & Vida (Mbemba/Regen)

DM: Elneny (Silva)

MC: Kovacic (Diame/Shelvey)

MR: Ben Arfa (Puncheon)

ML: Atsu (Zekhnini/Aarons)

AMC: Ayoze & De Jong (Ings/Armstrong)

I've been chugging along very slowly on a Newcastle save, only about half way through second season so far. Currently bobbing up and down between 4th and 7th place in the premier league around February....things are fairly tight from 3rd down to 8th. We've got a great attacking record, but also by far the worst goals conceded in the Top 10...defenders a priority in the next summer window.

Just wanted to throw in a couple of  recommendations for  midfield signings.

Dani Ceballos from Real Betis as a playmaker. I originally tried to sign Marco Asensio from Real madrid between first and second season, had a bid accepted but then Bayern Munich matched our offer and there was no chance he'd pick us over them. Scouts then pointed out Ceballos. He's a little younger than Asensio, bags of talent (not sure he's got quite the potential of Asensio, but still plenty to spare), natural at MC or AMC, creative and hard working. Took him a while to get going but he's really starting to shine for me, cost us about £11 million in total.

With Ceballos signed I then went looking for a midfield enforcer really and eventually went for Alfred Duncan at italian club Sassuolo. He's got verything I wanted, good tackling, marking, work rate, determination, fitness, stamina and strength. Also been mr Reliable for us so far, barely any injuries. Natural at Dm or MC, I play him as a ball winning midfielder but he's good as a Box to Box as well.

Newcastle Third Season

DBR6PkD.png

Another season finishing in European places however I was a little disappointed that I didn't qualify for the UCL with the start and such we had, although injuries during the season depleted the squad which caused us to have to use fringe players for a little bit. I definitely want to push those UCL places next season and hopefully with the replacements or even the additions to the squad that will be possible.

cW9zHsI.png

Ayoze played very few games at STR this year which is why this shocked me so much, although we went through strikers during the season like crazy. One would come back, another would get injured... I contemplated playing without a striker to save these injuries but we didn't catch a break. Although out STR's missed most of the season they all managed to bag around 10-15 goals each. 

A lad we got on loan for the season also grabbed the most assists, we had a £30m buy out clause ready for him but I didn't know whether to act upon it. I've still got a few weeks to see how I feel and maybe I'll pull the trigger in the near future. We also started to introduce our wonderkid Breach into the side even more to see how he would fare and he's already attracting attention from the likes of Bayern, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd. 

4HySchF.png

Our cup runs were even fantastic and we nearly and I mean by the skin of their teeth Dortmund just knocked us out on pens, the fight and determination through the campaign was great to see and I was very happy with reaching the EL Semi Finals. 

The other cups we competed in we played a lot of youngsters in the squad at times and they held their own very well and it's good to see for the future.

rN3dljQ.png

Firstly the incomings... Pickford, Lamina and Ings were all bought to bolster the squad. Obviously Newcastle fans didn't like the Sunderland GK coming to St. James but when Sunderland get relegated and their GK is on the cheap as well as being English you really can't turn it down. Sarr was showing great promise at Club Brugge and he was attracting the likes of Liverpool, Juventus and Inter... he gladly chose to come to Newcastle. 

We also brought in a few youngsters looking to bolster our U21 squad to push into the first team for next year.

Outgoings were a funny one, I let Gayle go which the fans were furious about even though he didn't score for us in 12 games. The money we received and the league they were in meant we got a decent return as well as not having to play against him. We also let go players like Clark, Haidara, Dummett, Colback who we all thought wouldn't be getting much game time with the players we had brought in.