Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Stu_UBJ

[FM17] Newcastle United; Join the Rafalution!!

Recommended Posts

After a rocky start, which saw us win away to Fulham followed up by a defeat and a draw to Huddersfield and Reading at home we are now cruising. We have won every single game since and although the play out on the pitch didn't look convincing in the early games we are now destroying teams in a fairly satisfying fashion. We have a few excellent results, such as 5-1 away to Villa and another 5-1 at home against Wolves. We also have a few late turn arounds, like Rotherham away where I played the "b-team" and we went down 1-0 on a penalty only to score the equalizer in the 87th and the winner with the last kick of the match. Needless to say we are at the top of the league and look good for promotion.

A question to those of you that have played beyond the first season and won promotion, when you come up in the Prem, do you adjust your tactic to reflect you are no longer the strongest team in the division or do you keep on with what got you promoted and see where that takes you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tool-nes said:

How have you guys solved coaches from the beginning?

I have hired coaches, so that I have at least 4 stars on each training area, but all the coaches are overworked, and the players are lacking attention.

I am having trouble finding good enough u23 coaches to add to the backroom staff

Any tips?

The borad didn't allow me more than the 5 coaches you are allowed so I had the problem of not having enough coaches to begin with to cover all areas of training. What I did then was to hire the guy I wanted as my Defensive coach as my U23 Ass manager, and then to cope with the burden of training I hired some random guy with decent determination, motivating and level of discipline and put him on every training category that was above average to bring it down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, burtanza said:

The borad didn't allow me more than the 5 coaches you are allowed so I had the problem of not having enough coaches to begin with to cover all areas of training. What I did then was to hire the guy I wanted as my Defensive coach as my U23 Ass manager, and then to cope with the burden of training I hired some random guy with decent determination, motivating and level of discipline and put him on every training category that was above average to bring it down. 

I had the same issue with allowed coaches, but FatAsh accepted one more when I went to the board and complained :)

I think I'll have to do as you did, just focus on a coach with determination, motivation and discipline and add him to all areas needed.

I hope this does not affect the quality on the training tho..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DandyDon said:

Soler does look like a good option like Burtanza mentions. I didn't see him till well after January window closed so he haven't signed him yet, but have had scouts watching him for a while now and think I'll definitely pick him up during the summer (assuming no-one else does of course).

 

Might be worth hanging on to Anita until you see some decent midfield options get loan listed, I sold them both in January but only as neither were willing to discuss a new contract.

I have kept hold of anita and is doing very well for me. Shelvey and Diame are letting me down big time though :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the chatter on here guys! Really interesting to see how other people are doing in their games!

im just wondering, what do you have to do to stop anyone and their dog scoring from long range?.. my defence is solid other than the screamers that I always seem to concede which is really annoying me at present and has cost me about 10 points... I'm half way through the season and still in 1st. But I'm only 5/6 points clear and can't open the gap because of this!

id also like to know if people have their corners working as I'm struggling to beat the first man never mind get one into the mixer for a possible shot at goal!

cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wells said:

Playing a simple fluid 4-2-3-1 with standard mentality and we top of the league and 7 points clear atm and oh this just happened..

UJKFOh.jpg

nice result.

can i ask you to post up your tactic and instructions? pretty please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CodenameGeordie said:

Loving the chatter on here guys! Really interesting to see how other people are doing in their games!

im just wondering, what do you have to do to stop anyone and their dog scoring from long range?.. my defence is solid other than the screamers that I always seem to concede which is really annoying me at present and has cost me about 10 points... I'm half way through the season and still in 1st. But I'm only 5/6 points clear and can't open the gap because of this!

id also like to know if people have their corners working as I'm struggling to beat the first man never mind get one into the mixer for a possible shot at goal!

cheers!

welcome mate.  

I am also enjoying the chat in here. 

I also have a closing down turned on and it seems to have stopped long range goals against me. however it does open up space behind my defenders so its a balance thing. 

 

Who is your keeper? perhaps time for a new keepers I am in the process of signing. the wonderkid keeper predrag rajkovic so i will have a keeper for years.

anyone else had him?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good saves  going on everyone. If some of you could post up tactics, I'll add them to the OPs :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wells said:

Season finished..

7tCGP1.jpg

what skin is that mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had some good success with a 5-3-2. Matt Ritchie has been really good at LWB so far (although not so sure that he likes it :p). His attacking attributes come in real handy when he pushes up and gets crosses in. It's such an easy squad to rotate too because from what I've seen, Jonjo Shelvey, Colback, Diame, and I use Gouffran in CM too are all interchangeable. I haven't quite settled on roles yet, but it's basically the following

                                      Sels

     Mbemba (CD)      Hanley(CD)    Lascelles(CD)

Gamez(WB Sup)                                      Matt Ritchie(WB ATT)

         Diame (AP Att)   Tiote (BWM Sup)   Colback (CM Sup)

 

                  Perez (DLF Att)       Gayle (DLF Sup)

I'm still working out the best midfield roles. These roles work OK, but they do seem to cluster up too much. And even with two strikers sitting deep I do feel at times on the counter I'm missing a presence further forward in midfield. I've played with making one striker a Defensive Forward which does seem to fill that space between midfield and attack a bit.

As far as instructions I just have it on Control mentality. Then from there I'll tweak on a match by match basis. I wanted to just have no instructions, but on Standard mentality I felt my attack really suffered with no one pushing up. My main concern is that I get very little possession even when dominating games. Not a huge thing though as long as we're winning and creating lots of quality chances.

I'd love some advice. Have thought about turning one CM into a CAM and then maybe putting WB's on support. Then I'd put both CM's on Automatic I think. I'm just worried I'll lose my great defensive shape which I'm very pleased with

 

Edited by puffascruffowitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, little said:

what skin is that mate?

My own skin that am still buidling it mate.

2 hours ago, little said:

nice result.

can i ask you to post up your tactic and instructions? pretty please.

 

Let me see how I do in Prem with it, then I will share it.

Edited by Wells

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wells said:

My own skin that am still buidling it mate.

Let me see how I do in Prem with it, then I will share it.

Looks really nice mate. let me know when it available to download ill have some of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right Lads.

I am going to post up some screenshots. 

I want opinions, suggestions on all things please.

Tactics, Squad etc.

I have 19.95 million to spend. 

I know its a broad question but i am enjoying everyone's story so here is mine so far. 

All Help will be appreciated.

tactic 2.jpg

tactic 1.jpg

squad 2.jpg

squad 1.jpg

tactic 3.jpg

table.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, little said:

welcome mate.  

I am also enjoying the chat in here. 

I also have a closing down turned on and it seems to have stopped long range goals against me. however it does open up space behind my defenders so its a balance thing. 

 

Who is your keeper? perhaps time for a new keepers I am in the process of signing. the wonderkid keeper predrag rajkovic so i will have a keeper for years.

anyone else had him?

 

Cheers mate, I've shifted to a DM in CDM and it's stoped them for now. But that has resulted in the attackers not doing the job which is frustrating.  Especially since I'm struggling to s ore against teams like Burton Albion

 

i agree a new GK is the best course I'm still top of the league by 2 points but already passes Jan so just hold I can hold onto the league title for promotion! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, little said:

I want opinions, suggestions on all things please.

Tactics

All Help will be appreciated.

It's mainly the roles from what I see.

With the 4-3-3 I would change the APs to CMs or BBMs, use Mbemba as CDd instead of CDst and change both the CWB to WBa. Might swap an IFa to Wa if you play Mitro.

4-4-2 change one of the strikers to drop deeper. DLFs, CFs, DFs. Use a Wa and FBs one side and Ws and FBa the other. RPM or DLPs for shelvey with CMd or CMs with hold position PI.

4-2-3-1 the back 4 isn't bad, my centre mids would be DLPd with CMs with hold position PI or CMd with DLPs. Change one of the IFa to Ws and the APa to APs or AMs. I'd also remove the shoot on sight TI

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top of the table after 32 games played. QPR are 6 points behind us. Board gave us a further 20 million to spend in January and seeing as the team is fairly balanced (thanks Rafa), decided to buy some homegrown talent. Hoping that they can develop nicely.

dozzell.jpg

 

joshtymon.jpg

 

barrett.jpg
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been trying to settle on a club and decided to give Newcastle a try for a short term save. I'm looking at playing a 4-2-3-1, any recommendations on a player to sign/loan to backup Perez? Seem to be lacking another good AMC (AP) for the 4-2-3-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Powermonger said:

Been trying to settle on a club and decided to give Newcastle a try for a short term save. I'm looking at playing a 4-2-3-1, any recommendations on a player to sign/loan to backup Perez? Seem to be lacking another good AMC (AP) for the 4-2-3-1.

Evandro was pretty cheap for me, only about 700k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season Two Review

We had a great season back in the Premier League finishing in fourth place and clinching the last Champions League spot, we also won the Europa League at Wembley Stadium.

Transfers

Cash/Claused Deals l Loan Deals l Free Transfers l How Players On Loan Did l

Competitions

Competitions%20end%20of%20season%202.jpg

Premier League

Premier%20league%20table%20end%20of%20se

Premier%20league%20team%20stats%20end%20

Premier%20league%20player%20stats%20end%

The Squad

Squad%20end%20of%20season%202_2.jpg

The Future

The board has given us £62m to spend next year and the priority is for us to sign a very good striker who is capable of around 30 goals a season in all competitions.

I am going to give Freddie Woodman some game time next season after he has impressed on his season long loan at Championship side Charlton, where he was named as goalkeeper of the year.

Jonjo Shelvey wants to leave as he's not getting much game time and I'll happily let him go if we get a good offer for him as I am sick to the back teeth of his long shots every game.

I am also going to try and sell Tim Krul, Matz Sels, Ciaran Clark, John Obi Mikel, Burgui and possibly Matt Ritchie (for the same reason as Shelvey).

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2016 at 12:27, merdolp41 said:

Let's start from the beginning, Use the first formation 4-1-2-3 

1.Use Matt Sels as your first GK

2.Play with Hanley as your CB With Mbemba, 

3. Play with Tiote as your Defensive midfielder (Half Back)

4. Where's Mo Diame? He's your Best Player!

5. Use  Ritchie and Atsu

6. MItro is on fire in this game. Use him as Target men.

Here's my instructions.

Style: Control

FM-2017.png

Sels is now my No.1 Keeper again.

Lascelles is my second best defender & captain. Hanley has under performed a lot not to mention had 2 red cards but January.

I sold Tiote as he decided he wanted off as lazio came in for him so he is off. I have just signed Ajer. so between Hayden,Colback & Ajer ill do ok for a DMC.

As with Tiote, Diame wanted off as Leicester came in for him and to be honest hadnt done anything for me. so I also sold him.

I use Atsu , Ritchie & Green. Ive also got Adrian Lopes who isnt bad at all.

Indeed Mitro isnt bad but Gayle is on fire for me. 3 hat tricks and currently put in 18 goals. 

Ill try these instructions. Thanks. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen it mentioned before,but how do you guys get round the players becoming unhappy with the quality of training when you are limited to only 5 coaches including fitness & GK Coaches?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got terry Mac as assistant, David platt as attacking coach, Thomas caeres as defensive coach kept cathro signed the best fitness coaches I could as the Ines we had ain't that great also signed phill cannon and some guy from Blackburn  as under 23 coaches both have 14+ for attaching and defending coaching as well as good mental stats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thebigfella said:

Ask board for more coaches I got an extra 2

Ashley won't let me have any more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started a Toon save without the first transfer window to make it as realistic as possible, meaning no players have been signed or left in pre-season. I'm currently 19 games in, 5 points top of the Championship with a superior goal difference. A few observations:

- Gayle is inconsistent

- Shelvey and Perez are dreadful iregardless of where or how I play them

- Mitrovic, Ritchie, Aarons and Lascelles are star performers

The board also handed me approx £24m to spend in January and I've got Julian Green, Andre Dozzell, Charlie Taylor and Jordon Ibe signing. Am also selling Gouffran and Tiote and could look to sell Shelvey and Perez as they are a waste of the wages they're being paid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lawly Boi said:

I started a Toon save without the first transfer window to make it as realistic as possible, meaning no players have been signed or left in pre-season. I'm currently 19 games in, 5 points top of the Championship with a superior goal difference. A few observations:

- Gayle is inconsistent

- Shelvey and Perez are dreadful iregardless of where or how I play them

- Mitrovic, Ritchie, Aarons and Lascelles are star performers

The board also handed me approx £24m to spend in January and I've got Julian Green, Andre Dozzell, Charlie Taylor and Jordon Ibe signing. Am also selling Gouffran and Tiote and could look to sell Shelvey and Perez as they are a waste of the wages they're being paid.

 

Gayle is on fire for me, if you rest him in a few games against weaker opposition and play Mitro. Gayle will maintain his form a bit better I found. Also any players that are really performing I found praising them helped.

Shelvey does not react well too criticism as I suspect in real life. The amount of long shots he takes is also ridiculous. 

Lascelles is a future star.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice on the cm's guys, made some great signings and won the league last night very convincingly! Wondering if anyone has had luck with a 3 upfront formations (lone striker and 2 wingers). I've not been able to get it to work this season and trying to prepare for prem as my 4312 might be too attacking and vulnerable for first season! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Elias Fritjof Sorensen on the game? The young striker signed from Hoge in the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, brabbn said:

Is Elias Fritjof Sorensen on the game? The young striker signed from Hoge in the summer.

He sure is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, brabbn said:

Is Elias Fritjof Sorensen on the game? The young striker signed from Hoge in the summer.

He is will take careful management and at least 3 seasons to be anywhere near first team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished my first full season as NUFC manager... overall it went well but could have been much better.  

I finished first and with a total of 90 points, 7 ahead of 2nd place Huddersfield who for a few rounds looked like they were going to take it to the wire.  Following us up into the Premier League was also Derby County.

Overall I found the team to be solid but lacking a cutting edge, as I didn't finish with anywhere near as many goals as the top goal scoring team.... Huddersfield.  It was however saved by my defence, which conceded the least number of goals throughout the season.   Despite the games best efforts of constantly allowing long shots to always hit the back of my net...  it was therefore my preference to strengthen the teams attacking options and boy have we!

I'm going to stop here, after just whetting the appetite.  I will post some screenshots from the season this evening and allow you to see exactly how the team has been strengthened!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still in pre-season in my new Newcastle game, Wolfsburg have put in a transfer bid for Anita which I rejected as I want to keep him but now he is all upset with me and wants to cause trouble. Maybe I should just sell him and try to bring in another MC.

Also did everyone leave Lascelles as captain or did you drop him for someone else, like Gamez?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CodenameGeordie said:

Finished my first full season as NUFC manager... overall it went well but could have been much better.  

I finished first and with a total of 90 points, 7 ahead of 2nd place Huddersfield who for a few rounds looked like they were going to take it to the wire.  Following us up into the Premier League was also Derby County.

Overall I found the team to be solid but lacking a cutting edge, as I didn't finish with anywhere near as many goals as the top goal scoring team.... Huddersfield.  It was however saved by my defence, which conceded the least number of goals throughout the season.   Despite the games best efforts of constantly allowing long shots to always hit the back of my net...  it was therefore my preference to strengthen the teams attacking options and boy have we!

I'm going to stop here, after just whetting the appetite.  I will post some screenshots from the season this evening and allow you to see exactly how the team has been strengthened!!

oooooooo you can't do that! 

Got a couple questions about your first season if you don't mind. 

Notable additions? Who did you choose as your assistant manager?

What tactic/formation you go for ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

Still in pre-season in my new Newcastle game, Wolfsburg have put in a transfer bid for Anita which I rejected as I want to keep him but now he is all upset with me and wants to cause trouble. Maybe I should just sell him and try to bring in another MC.

Also did everyone leave Lascelles as captain or did you drop him for someone else, like Gamez?

Anita has by far been my best CM. His work rate has been great.

I rejected Swansea.

He got upset, I played him still, he performed. He became happy and signed a new deal. 

Remember his contract is set to expire at the end of the first season, so if you need too cash in on him. maybe best to do so now. 

I stuck with him and he has been great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pales84 said:

He sure is.

 

4 hours ago, little said:

He is will take careful management and at least 3 seasons to be anywhere near first team. 

Has anyone got through the game and have any decent screen shots of him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys! I'm new posting here. In the night (i live in Argentina) im going to upload some images. The first season with Newcastle was very easy to promote to EPL. Now, i started the second season. I try to buy young players and make a great team in the future. 

In Championship i used 4-2-2-2, with Colback or Anita & Shelvey (Yes, Diame in the bench), Ritchie and Atsu or Aarons, and in the attack, Ayoze (F9, a really BEAST) and Gayle or Mitro, depending the other team.

Now i change the tactic. In the night im going to upload images.

Keep reading your stories!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, little said:

oooooooo you can't do that! 

Got a couple questions about your first season if you don't mind. 

Notable additions? Who did you choose as your assistant manager?

What tactic/formation you go for ?

 

Haha course I can ?

Yeah that's no problem, not during the first season there was only 1 addition.  But the summer.... oh my. You'll just have to wait and see but it's exciting times ahead for NUFC in my game.

assistant manager was and still is Anità

tactics I have 3.  I'll post them tonight for you ?.  I know I'm a tease!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone bought players that aren't common to buy in EPL in the second season? For example, i bought Pedro Álvaro from Benfica and it's usually in my line-up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CodenameGeordie said:

Finished my first full season as NUFC manager... overall it went well but could have been much better.  

I finished first and with a total of 90 points, 7 ahead of 2nd place Huddersfield who for a few rounds looked like they were going to take it to the wire.  Following us up into the Premier League was also Derby County.

Overall I found the team to be solid but lacking a cutting edge, as I didn't finish with anywhere near as many goals as the top goal scoring team.... Huddersfield.  It was however saved by my defence, which conceded the least number of goals throughout the season.   Despite the games best efforts of constantly allowing long shots to always hit the back of my net...  it was therefore my preference to strengthen the teams attacking options and boy have we!

I'm going to stop here, after just whetting the appetite.  I will post some screenshots from the season this evening and allow you to see exactly how the team has been strengthened!!

And now the conclusion....

The league and the transfer activity for the whole Championship season.  My tactics were a 4231 wide, 442 and 4123 DM wide.  I mainly played the 4123 wide to great success with lower tempo, controlling football, Direct Running (this made Atsu a Beast) and a high line.  When bad patches/poor games occured I went with the 4231 wide with direct passing, this allowed Mitrovic to really show what he is capable of and was dominant in controlling the ball to lay off to team mate.  Hit crosses early and he'd cause just enough confusion that the goals would come.  the 442 was really the desperation tactic incase of midfield injuries and was only used once or twice.

Generally I did not humiliate anyone, just relied on solid defending, better quality on the ball and better depth to see off most teams.  The fixtures are also on here.

My transfers during this Championship season were really just future players and cover for Ritchie, who seemed to get very complacent and comfortable during the first half of the season with lazy performances and poor set pieces.

League.jpg

Transfers 1617.jpg

Fixtures 1.jpg

Fixtures 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part 3....

What a great transfer window.  Not only were the incoming player bettering the team drastically, I managed to get rid of all the inconsistent dross and still make 5M.  I am on the hunt for a quality CB but other than that the team look amazing!

The first game we looked great... taking a 1 - 0 lead against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge... but in the 2nd half they had other ideas and we got beat 4 - 2, goals from Atsu first, then Dembele.  Crystal Palace is next and how we would love to get one over on the former manager... Pardew

Summer Transfers 2nd season.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, little said:

Anita has by far been my best CM. His work rate has been great.

I rejected Swansea.

He got upset, I played him still, he performed. He became happy and signed a new deal. 

Remember his contract is set to expire at the end of the first season, so if you need too cash in on him. maybe best to do so now. 

I stuck with him and he has been great. 

Alright cheers, hopefully he will settle down in my save then and not get grumpy later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in 2020. Easily achieved promotion in my first year. 10th place the next year. Here's my 2017/2018 transfer business compared to 2019/2020:

 

Saponara, Januzaj, and Jenkinson have all proved especially great investments --as all are still with me here at the start of 2020/21. Sold Tisserand in Summer 2019 for £ 25 million to Huaxia Xingfu in China.  That was probably my best bit of business...

Tranferes.png

2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, stillrapids said:

I'm in 2020. Easily achieved promotion in my first year. 10th place the next year. Here's my 2017/2018 transfer business compared to 2019/2020:

 

Saponara, Januzaj, and Jenkinson have all proved especially great investments --as all are still with me here at the start of 2020/21. Sold Tisserand in Summer 2019 for £ 25 million to Huaxia Xingfu in China.  That was probably my best bit of business...

Tranferes.png

2.png

wow you have been busy. 

Any chance you could post up some screenshots of some of these players as i haven't heard of a few of them. I am just finishing my first season so will be preparing for the prem. I am wondering if any of these could help me. 

 

 

Edited by little

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...