Jump to content

[FM17] Newcastle United; Join the Rafalution!!


Stu_UBJ

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, callamity said:

is mitrovic suspended in both the championship season and also the first in premiership with any of you guys?

 

Aleksandar Mitrovic_ Overview Attributes.png

 

 

Yeah he is suspended on mine as well

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Stu_UBJ said:

I was looking at a fair few of those players. Dayot I signed in the first season, and has progressed well, even though not yet a first team regular. Lucas Silva was going for £3.1m on my save, but he wanted huge wages, which I felt weren't consistent with the ability he has. Decided to go with Denis Zakaria, who is already good enough for the first team, and has plenty of room to perfect the role I need him for. Seems a rebuild of the midfield for you! I stuck with Shelvey and Diamé for the time being, but Diamé likely to leave in the next year or so. 

@Stu_UBJ

I am going to sell Diamé, I am sick to death of his long shots PPM and he won't unlearn it.

Denis Zakaria looks a good player I think I'll enquire about him and see how much they want for him.

I have a few more irons in the fire but Berahino won't be one of them as he has agreed to join West Ham for £91k, he wanted around £200k to join us :mad:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, col_nufc1 said:

@Stu_UBJ

I am going to sell Diamé, I am sick to death of his long shots PPM and he won't unlearn it.

Denis Zakaria looks a good player I think I'll enquire about him and see how much they want for him.

I have a few more irons in the fire but Berahino won't be one of them as he has agreed to join West Ham for £91k, he wanted around £200k to join us :mad:

 


Yeah, same issue here, as with Ritchie, although at least he scores a few more! Zakaria at the point where he'll do well in any midfield role, he cost me £19.5m!

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Stu_UBJ said:


Yeah, same issue here, as with Ritchie, although at least he scores a few more! Zakaria at the point where he'll do well in any midfield role, he cost me £19.5m!

Signed zakaria on two different occasions both around this price too. he went from wonderkid to world class first time round in 2 seasons and is just about to start his first season with me this time. I also like Vincent marchetti signs for roughly 9m check him out

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not doing too badly so far;

0813d8ce77ddae891dce3c05e4c61049.png

Lost to Burnley due to 2 Defour penalties, and it was just not our day. Strikers forgot where the goal was.

9ade32c1fac28310bae3437e8b7d4ad4.png

Still 4th, but could be better if we had picked up wins over Burnley and Bournemouth, but I'll take it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, coach forum said:

Thanks - restarting my game tomorrow with the full version and will give him a look. Wonder if they will take Murphy in part-exchange....

You can get him on loan until the end of the season in January, then part way through extend the loan until the end of the following season. Would put an agreement to buy in at that point as they up his transfer fee massively after that.

 

Deleted my save, going to run a few test tactics tonight/tomorrow before starting the full game over the weekend. Want to do a 4-4-2 but imagine it'll be a challenge.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of you guys who has completed the first season tell me how did Anita perform/fit him in your tactics?

Not really sure whether to sell him off or renew his contract, with only a season to go. His low strength and small frame has always put me off, but he usually performs consistently back in fm 2016.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He performed well for me as a deep lying playmaker, rotating with Shelvey and getting a higher average rating than him. Seemed to concede less with him in front of the defence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, james_wilko said:

You can get him on loan until the end of the season in January, then part way through extend the loan until the end of the following season. Would put an agreement to buy in at that point as they up his transfer fee massively after that.

 

Deleted my save, going to run a few test tactics tonight/tomorrow before starting the full game over the weekend. Want to do a 4-4-2 but imagine it'll be a challenge.

Tried going 442 at the start of the beta - couldn't get it to work. We were solid enough at the back but couldn't get the forward line firing and the midfield pairing was off!

ill be interested to see how you get on!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had some success with a 4-4-2 when playing against a 4-4-2. Really struggled to get it to work against any kind of 5 man midfield or 3 man plus wingback. I've ended up switching to a 4-4-1-1 if I play anything other than a 4-4-2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't bother with pre-ordering and the beta this year, in fact I'd intended waiting a bit later in the year and getting this year's FM for myself at Christmas. However saved a bit of money on another purchase today and decided to grab it now.

I started a save with the first window budgets disabled to begin with squad as it is. I'm only a few matches in but the 2 wide men Atsu and Ritchie have definitely been the star performers in attack. Mitrovic was banned at the start obviously, but then picked up a double hernia as soon as he was available for selection, which rather put the kibosh on me planning to play a 4-4-2 formation with him and Ayoze upfront.

So far been playing with a fairly standard 4-2-3-1 and results have been pretty good so far.

Newcastle United_  Senior Fixtures.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering how people have gone with training the likes of Shelvey, Diame and Ritchie out of the Long Shots PPM? I have got "Shoot Rarely instruction for my three CMs, but still get them shooting from 30 yards away. I don't want to tell my wingers to shoot rarely, because of how I play, but Ritchie blazes away from anywhere!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Raconteur said:

Just wondering how people have gone with training the likes of Shelvey, Diame and Ritchie out of the Long Shots PPM? I have got "Shoot Rarely instruction for my three CMs, but still get them shooting from 30 yards away. I don't want to tell my wingers to shoot rarely, because of how I play, but Ritchie blazes away from anywhere!!!


I had the same issue with them. Managed to get Shelvey to stop, but the other two not. Sold Diamé, and I have Ritchie staying out wide as W(A) which doesn't allow him inside to shoot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've reached mid November in first season and Mitrovic has yet to play for me, every time he's almost match fit he's picked up another knock.

 

Our form's taken bit of a wobble as well after Atsu got crocked for 3 months, we've not been quite so effective at breaking teams down without him on the left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stu_UBJ said:


I had the same issue with them. Managed to get Shelvey to stop, but the other two not. Sold Diamé, and I have Ritchie staying out wide as W(A) which doesn't allow him inside to shoot.

Have to admit I don't mind ritchie shooting from distance too much, he's got 8 goals for us by end of November so far. Half of those have been smacked in from range. Diame can get tae with his shooting right enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a slight change to the 4-4-2, previous it was sort of a 4-1-3-2 with two wide men and a DLP in CM & a BWM for the DM. Had a couple poor games after my last post (drawing with both Derby & QPR). I've pulled the DLP to DM, change the left winger to LW-Attack, both FBs on attack and now both strikers in support roles (F9 &TM). So a 4-2-2-2 really, with quite a lot of movement in it.

[RsdXmLv.png

 

Having a lot of issues with Sels, one on ones he's fine but he's constantly getting beaten from long range. Darlow's also crap so I need a new GK. Needs to be of high enough quality to compensate for my more offensive formation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, james_wilko said:

Made a slight change to the 4-4-2, previous it was sort of a 4-1-3-2 with two wide men and a DLP in CM & a BWM for the DM. Had a couple poor games after my last post (drawing with both Derby & QPR). I've pulled the DLP to DM, change the left winger to LW-Attack, both FBs on attack and now both strikers in support roles (F9 &TM). So a 4-2-2-2 really, with quite a lot of movement in it.

[RsdXmLv.png

 

Having a lot of issues with Sels, one on ones he's fine but he's constantly getting beaten from long range. Darlow's also crap so I need a new GK. Needs to be of high enough quality to compensate for my more offensive formation.

You can get rajkovic for under 6m high potential for a team like newcastle.

ALSO like the look for zoet for 10m good starting keeper for any prem team outside the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, james_wilko said:

Not wanting anyone young, planning on Woodman being our number one in a couple of years. Looking at the 30+ GKs right now.

That's a fair shout woodman is already better than sels on my game determined personality after tutoring and 1 warning for poor performance too. can get some really good tutors cheap for him that can play in prem for a few year while he develops 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MisterGaz83 said:

Sels and Darlow would do a job in the Championship, then don't forget Krul comes back from Ajax 

Both been crap for me, Sels falls with long range shots. Most goals we've conceeded are easy ones he shouldn't be letting in.

Think I'll look to sell him & Darlow, bring back Woodman and make him first choice, sign an old keeper with high determination & a good personality and tutor him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else have problems in the January transfer window of the first season? I've just had Shelvey demand to be allowed to speak to Everton (even though no bid has come in) and Dummet get stroppy when I turned a bid down from West Brom.

Dummet I'm not so bothered about as looks like Mings might be available, but got a couple potential suitors for Ayoze and Gayle as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mings been out on loan for me, didn't settle straight away, and Lazaar has been excellent. Currently building squad for season 3. Got my preferred squad size, so it'll be a case of replacing anyone that leaves. Wasn't given a huge budget(£28m), but really not desperate for anything. Need to bring in more HG as well, which is proving costly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Made it out of the Championship as a Champions, but we made hard work of it! Only managed to secure the title with one game remaining, and finished on a slightly disappointing points total of 89. Every time we managed to get ourselves a little bit of a gap over Norwich we would either lose a game or draw a couple of games, and let them close back up to us again. 

We had a phenomenal end to our EFL Cup campaign. After a 2-2 draw in the first leg against Leicester, we managed to score an 88th minute thanks to Yoan Gouffran. We got a massive draw in the Final, against Sunderland. We saw them off with a fantastic 3-0 win and earned ourselves Europa League football next season.

My only other signing of the season was Vladlen Yurchenko from Leverkusen who will hopefully end up as a good players in the Premiership for us. 

Outgoings wise, I'm losing Cheick Tiote. I guaranteed him we'd return to the Premier League at the start of the season, but in January he was still being whiney and wouldn't discuss a new contract. Galatasaray came in and got him signed before January was out.

With a transfer budget of over £50 million, this should be a fun summer of purchasing to get us ready for the Premiership and Europe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For Me Julian Green from Bayern Munich is an essential buy at the beginning.

I got him for 3.6 Mill.

Has excellent ability and potential.

Him and Atsu are lethal Left side rotation in the first season. 

Who else would you see as essential signing that you can attract to us in the Championship, who will still be able to contribute in the Premier League?

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, little said:

For Me Julian Green from Bayern Munich is an essential buy at the beginning.

I got him for 3.6 Mill.

Has excellent ability and potential.

Him and Atsu are lethal Left side rotation in the first season. 

Who else would you see as essential signing that you can attract to us in the Championship, who will still be able to contribute in the Premier League?

I found Carlos Soler in Valencia and he is available to sign for compensation at game start and also willing to come to Newcastle. Looks like a great prospect at only 19 years old and should be able to contribute in the prem after a year of developing in the championship. He is a central/defensive mid and looks like a playmaker. Could probably be formed into a different dm/cm role though given his age and potential. I will try to make him into more of a box-to-box type of player with great first touch and passing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, burtanza said:

I found Carlos Soler in Valencia and he is available to sign for compensation at game start and also willing to come to Newcastle. Looks like a great prospect at only 19 years old and should be able to contribute in the prem after a year of developing in the championship. He is a central/defensive mid and looks like a playmaker. Could probably be formed into a different dm/cm role though given his age and potential. I will try to make him into more of a box-to-box type of player with great first touch and passing.

Ill be sure to check him out tonight. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, little said:

For Me Julian Green from Bayern Munich is an essential buy at the beginning.

I got him for 3.6 Mill.

Has excellent ability and potential.

Him and Atsu are lethal Left side rotation in the first season. 

Who else would you see as essential signing that you can attract to us in the Championship, who will still be able to contribute in the Premier League?

Had him on the Beta, came in January and while he wasn't first choice he was a solid performer who did a job on the left and right. Played him as a CAM a few times too.

4-4-2 experiment has failed horribly, combined with stupid numbers of injuries and whiney players I'm going to restart with the transfer window on. Get some of the deadwood (Anita, Tiote, Gouffy etc), possibly make a better start with the youth (Woodman 1st choice, see if I can bring Armstrong back) and give it another go.

Still want 4-4-2 to work, will have to rethink it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right Guys,

I know you would really need to see my tactic.

I'll try and explain them as I am at work and should really be doing work but its really bugging me the amount of draws I kept having last night.

I am Newcastle United, I am currently 5th in the Championship. 

Its Beginning of december, I have brought in a couple of player Julian green,Evandro, Adrian Lopes. With Green being the only start among my new recruits. 

Every game my tactical advice is to play 442, with a control slow passing game. So I am taking the advice but i keep drawing games. I.e 2-0 up with opposition coming back to make it 2-2 and same with 1-0 leads. every time i take the lead in a I know i will concede. Its very annoying. 

I know drawing is better than losing but norwich are drawing 8 points clear of me in 1st place. 

 

Is there something you guys do to protect the lead? 

 

I have also used a couple of 4-5-1 tactics but these have proven to have very mixed results, so tend to steer towards 4-4-2. I am old school like that. 

 

Is it i am using the wrong formation for the players? should i persist in a 4-5-1 even though i am advised to use 4-4-2? 

 

Just looking for some peoples thoughts more than anything. 

 

Has anyone else had this issue? is there anything i can train to help this issue? 

My players are all above 7 rating average so its not really one or two players. 

 

Any help would be good guys. I will try post screenshots tonight.

 

Thank You

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also To add I have just been given 19.95 million to spend & I am coming up to January, Still in the championshil but is there that one player you could think that I could attract that would help push me to automatic promotion. 

F.Y.I

Gayle is top scorer with 16

Perez has 8.

Mitro has 3.

 

Id say anyone recommend a goal scoring midfielder or set piece specialist as my midfield havent really contributed to my goals tally.

 

Just really thinking out loud hoping some of you will have any thoughts.

 

Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got my copy of FM17, I always start with a Newcastle file and this year looks even better. Sold tiote and tempted to sell Anita, just wondering if anyone knows of any good young central mids that would come to Newcastle - went for my usual favourites but none want to come to the championship hahaa 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, little said:

Also To add I have just been given 19.95 million to spend & I am coming up to January, Still in the championshil but is there that one player you could think that I could attract that would help push me to automatic promotion. 

F.Y.I

Gayle is top scorer with 16

Perez has 8.

Mitro has 3.

 

Id say anyone recommend a goal scoring midfielder or set piece specialist as my midfield havent really contributed to my goals tally.

 

Just really thinking out loud hoping some of you will have any thoughts.

 

Cheers.

For me I tend to ignore the tactical advise and go for what my team is familiar with. Changing up your tactic regularly without having a high-ish weekly training focus of tactical I would imagine being extremely unsettling for the team. The familiarities can be viewed on the tactics screen and I believe it is above the pitch screen. You can hold your mouse over it and it will show if the team is competent with things like the formation,tempo and other aspects.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WingPlay said:

For me I tend to ignore the tactical advise and go for what my team is familiar with. Changing up your tactic regularly without having a high-ish weekly training focus of tactical I would imagine being extremely unsettling for the team. The familiarities can be viewed on the tactics screen and I believe it is above the pitch screen. You can hold your mouse over it and it will show if the team is competent with things like the formation,tempo and other aspects.

I know how to find out the familiarity, i am not mixing the tactics up too much.  just following tactical advice of my assistants.

 

is there anything in particular you would do when say 2-0 up? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Catley94 said:

Finally got my copy of FM17, I always start with a Newcastle file and this year looks even better. Sold tiote and tempted to sell Anita, just wondering if anyone knows of any good young central mids that would come to Newcastle - went for my usual favourites but none want to come to the championship hahaa 

I mentioned it a few posts up, but that a look at Carlos Soler at Valencia. Available to sign for compensation at the start of the game and he is willing to sign. He looks like a good prospect that should develop into a player that you can use in the Prem as well

Link to post
Share on other sites

Soler does look like a good option like Burtanza mentions. I didn't see him till well after January window closed so he haven't signed him yet, but have had scouts watching him for a while now and think I'll definitely pick him up during the summer (assuming no-one else does of course).

 

Might be worth hanging on to Anita until you see some decent midfield options get loan listed, I sold them both in January but only as neither were willing to discuss a new contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How have you guys solved coaches from the beginning?

I have hired coaches, so that I have at least 4 stars on each training area, but all the coaches are overworked, and the players are lacking attention.

I am having trouble finding good enough u23 coaches to add to the backroom staff

Any tips?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...