Higher Divisions Appearing Too Early In Cup

Xeltron245

I've been making my own nation rules but the problem I have is with the Cup. I add new teams at different points during the competition but at the moment it totally randomises which teams appear at which stage. So sometimes the teams in Tier 1 appear in the competition at the First Preliminary Round and teams from Tier 7 appear in the Third Round as their first round in the draws. How do I make sure the bigger teams get drawn later? I've looked in the advanced rules in the editor but I only seem to be able to find how to seed the draws not when they appear in the competition.

Yeah but I have that and that's still not happening. The Premiership teams (I am using Scotland), say "all teams given the same seeding, 0". The Championship teams says "all teams given the same seeding, 1". And yet despite that Celtic were drawn into the First Preliminary Round.

I'm in an older FM but whenever I make a cup like that and go to Advanced Rules you'll have to chose this:

Scottish Cup -> Stages -> Stage 0 -> General

click the box 'sort teams' and select Seeding (ascending)

Scottish Cup -> Stages -> Stage 0 -> Teams

All teams from Division -> First Division -> Seeding Method (Give all teams the same seeding) and Seeding to give teams is 0

All teams from Division -> Second Division -> Seeding Method (Give all teams the same seeding) and Seeding to give teams is 1

All teams from Division -> Third Division -> Seeding Method (Give all teams the same seeding) and Seeding to give teams is 2

etc.

And that is all. Good luck!

Archived