My Story by Lee Rothery

LEEMOD

Sorry for the gap chaps, I have been playing in FM Classic mode to test some tactics so hopefully I can steer Middlesbrough to a decent finish as we're struggling so much with this team. Some may question my ambition lowering myself to this level but I see them as a big club fallen on hard times. Updates to follow soon..

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DECEMBER 2034

I started my venture here for the trip to Grimbsy and we were trounced 3-0, what I found here is a batch of kids really and some players really overpaid but overall the squad had such a negative mentality so I did all I could via man management to increase morale and I am so pleased with how we did in the past two games, in the game against Barnsley we were 2-0 up after 3 mins but we folded badly. However, against Bolton we showed a resilience I am yet to see so this is indeed encouraging.

In January I have two new players coming in but since I changed shape I now regretting buying two AMC's, I do need a wing back on the right so I am hoping for a loan deal next month to plug that gap.

image.thumb.png.5368a1e073e31846d8ce102e4f43d274.png

image.thumb.png.5d7e958e5689b0ee2593e7629c8adbf4.png

These are my new signings:

image.thumb.png.2700bca9bf80749ff6d0fc73dcbfce29.png

image.thumb.png.8fd09107ecd10098664743d9cac2077e.png

JANUARY 2035

Vf5PKk.jpg

The Millwall game was heart wrenching as we went down with a goal in the 95th minute, however we ended the month with a terrible result against a Wrexham side we should be beating. 

However, at least we have improved our league position but it's still tricky to put  run together with this side..

IK0d2v.jpg

FEB 2035

Well it's been another poor month but I can't help but feel that without injuries we really would be higher, we have suffered so much that I've had no option but to play kids and they can't handle the pace at this level, as long as I can stay safe I'll be happy with a big summer coming up for the club. We're shipping goals at an alarming rate and it's really concerning at the moment.

txJZzn.jpg

image.png.a950fe1789a5952b4a784b6db6a6e8e3.png

The concerning thing now is going to be our goal difference, I may look to change things tactically because it really isnt working and we need to tighten up.

In the transfer window I brought in this lad on loan who looks to have real fight but he is injured!

image.thumb.png.6c2bb65439bd68bfec8f97a3c328c5fd.png

Well I cannot say I blame the board for sacking me, since my last update we have been on a barren run picking up just 2 points from 18 is shambolic to say the least.

To be honest, I never really felt a connection to the club or the fans and living in Middlesbrough is not that nice, my family were getting insults thrown at them anyway so it's probably good that I am sacked but I feel my next job role could be something even worse because now me once Ajax manager is now applying for any old job hoping someone can glance over my time here at Middlesbrough, it's time to try rebuild my career, I will be back in touch once I have found a new job!

image.thumb.png.607a7f5032019548dc3b4ca90474d585.png

Both clubs offered me a job but I have decided to stay in England and move to Southend Utd, hopefully this venture goes better!

This will be my new home for the foreseeable future:

image.thumb.png.e63fc3cff61ba02d3bedbb5fe74ca5dc.png

I take over a club on the up! With two games left of the season it looks like we're going to be contesting the playoffs so this is a superb chance for us to go for it and see if we can clinch promotion to the Championship, in my next post I will show who I think are my best players. 

image.png.aab6f52e9c075409247b062eb7305544.png

So when I joined they were 6th, well I made sure our place in the playoffs was kept intact but not only that but we saw off Millwall in the semi final playoffs and at Wembley we were HUGE underdogs against a very strong Bradford team, it was 0-0 at half time with us having the better chances but in the second half they really came at me  but Kirkwood scored on the break but on 89 minutes their pressure finally told and they scored but with penalties looming Pat McGarvey curled a screamer past the outreaching fingertips of their keeper so send the 25000 Southend fans and me into raptures.!

So five games into my new job and we have secured Championship football for next season! Happy days, here are the results since I have been here and the final table. Bye Bye Middlesbrough LOL

image.thumb.png.fb46eaf1ee23d86c5aa3cccb824d85a9.png

image.thumb.png.f5cc0989d2a3ac6d799efc5faea4c22d.png

One thing I didn't have at Middlesbrough is time but now I have all summer to identify and recruit the players I need for the way I intend to play with this side but I am hoping at least that I'll be able to keep them in the Championship next season.

Archived