Sports Interactive Community
LEEMOD

My Story by Lee Rothery

LEEMOD   
18 minutes ago, Guimy said:

Some decent new signings, mate.

Cheers Guido, hopefully a good season for us!

LEEMOD   

Our start to the season has been nothing short of spectacular, our goal difference is already +9! The new lads have settled in well and I think we can be excited about the season ahead. 

0b3uGx.jpg

r9UHnT.jpg

LEEMOD   

SEPTEMBER 2031

It has been another superb month for us here at Dordrecht - the Eindhoven game was frustrating, we hammered them all game and it took an injury time goal from Rozman to snatch a point in the end but as it stands we remain top of the league, can we now keep this good form going into October?

SOia2D.jpg

gWD2GH.jpg

LEEMOD   

OCTOBER 2031

Not a great month results wise but we have still played well, the only game I need to erase from my memory is the away at Zwolle, we simply did not show up and created nothing. For the cup game I switched to a deeper version of my tactic and locked down my full backs and played with two pivots and it seemed to work as we soaked up attacks and looked much more dangerous so I may well look to keep to this plan for the league games in November.

ayq27L.jpg

UNKCWG.jpg

LEEMOD   

As we looked to tighten up financially I wanted to show you this we lie 19th in the salary per annum table which I am very proud about as keep making money each month :)

GOqbi4.jpg

LEEMOD   

NOVEMBER 2031

All I can say is wow, my team are just hammering teams and best of all since my tactical shift we're defending so much better, I am encouraging this in training too as our general focus is on tactical work and my match prep has been defensive positioning. 

Half way through the season now and I think we have to be considered serious contenders although Utrecht will be hard to catch. 

Elsewhere, I am very happy to announce that Rozman has agreed a new deal as has Yildrim, I am very happy with them both and I do think Rozman could make the leap to the Eredivisie. Additionally, Jan Bartos has really stepped up and looks to be our main striker at the moment, I have to concede though we've been lucky with injuries and often we have being able to keep the same starting XI. 

denD38.jpg

KI5f9y.jpg

LEEMOD   

DECEMBER 2031

The month has gone swimmingly and we even went away to ADO Den Haag who are in the division above and we simply dispatched them playing our low-block / counter attacking football, it worked superbly as they came out all guns blazing, we just picked them off. We do face Vitesse next in the quarters and they are 2nd in the Eredivisie so I know we'll have a challenge on our hands but they don't scare us far from it, I can't wait to play them.

It's been a while snce we lost in the league and now we have that top spot it's ours now to cement and I firmly believe we can do this. One player who is really putting in some eye catching performances is my Bulgarian defender Sadakov, here he is, signed on a free and only on £150 a week!, I'm going to start contract talks with him in the summer. He has scored 5 goals already this season!

xKqlkG.jpg

Here are the results and league:

YGZmdI.jpg

EnT213.jpg

In the January window I was scouting around for a loan DMC signing but instead I saw this guy (another Bulgarian and signed him instantly) he will be my 1st choice DMC going forward:

A4rPBw.jpg

LEEMOD   

JANUARY 2032

Another superb month, I notice we have started to concede a few more goals but the wins are still coming thick and fast as we keep trading places with Utrecht at the top. However, I would like to draw your attention to the win over Vitesse we were superb, it was such a tough game against a team who are always near the top in the Eredivisie but we overcame them and now we go into the semi-finals. This has also massively boosted our finances, if you recall our balance was just over 700k when the season started, now it is an incredible £2.2million!

Qxm67G.jpg

6qOy5D.jpg

LEEMOD   

FEBRUARY 2032

This month we had a little wobble against Zwolle & Helmond other than that we were superb, we even went away to one of our title rivals (Sittard) and came away with a very easy and convincing away. We still have to play Utrecht away which could decide the title because like us they don't drop points and will be a tough nut to crack. 

pAutgo.jpg

set5oH.jpg

LEEMOD   

My youth intake day has proven eventful with a few promising players, these are the standouts:
J4C8VY.jpg

gjUSHY.jpg

LEEMOD   

MARCH 2032

What a superb month it has been for us, not only have we accelerated away from our competitors in the league but we also beat Sparta to reach the Dutch Cup Final!! What an achievement this is and I have never had success this quick on FM before, I am so happy with my players and I am proud of them no matter what happens in The De Kuip in a month. Next up we could seal the title and best of all it's away at UTRECHT!  I will be doing live updates on that one in my next post!

0CGnhg.jpg

L2j9Td.jpg

LEEMOD   

So here we are then in the Galgenwaard...come on boys - a win here will seal it!

H7qwUb.jpg

15 MINS

A nervy start from both teams but it's us who have the best chance as Milev my right back shaves the post in a blistering shot from 20 yards - 0-0

30 MINS

Utrecht threaten from a corner but we go up the other end and ROZMAN smashes the bar then we have a goal ruled out by left back MAZEK somehow still 0-0 here...

HALF TIME...

mQUgdx.jpg

LEEMOD   

65 MINS

A boring second half, not much has happened other than the announcement that 19863 people are here today, a huge crowd!

70 MINS

UTRECHT GOAL - a big lump up top and BORDIGNON leaps highest to send the home fans into raptures, very disappointing from our point of view - SUBS ARE ON!

WOW - instantly we hit them on the counter. something we're so good at and Milev smashes in far to the bottom left! What a response from the lads!

83 MINS

OH MY! Rozman dances through their defence and after a step over he tangles with the defender and the ref gives the penalty....

Young MILEV steps up..............

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the ref blows up...

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!

GET IN!

LEEMOD   

Before I go to the cup final here is how our remaining games played out as well as the final league table:

9OoTLX.jpg

KcujQG.jpg

We dominated most of the player stats:

UfDIt8.jpg

LEEMOD   

Here we go in the DUTCH CUP FINAL!

The stage is set and true legends can be born here for our little club!

Welcome to DE KUIP in Rotterdam..

DR4qsH.jpg

LEEMOD   

Half time here in the cup final and it's so nervy, we have not played well in the first half...

Over 52,000 fans ! wow - we are not used to this sort of occasion!

rYfXtA.jpg

LEEMOD   

WE HAVE DONE THE DOUBLE, WE WIN THE CUP!!

It took a great individual effort from BARTOS to clinch it but I also have my keeper to thank as he kept us in the game!

bQixrh.jpg

LEEMOD   
1 minute ago, kidthekid said:

great season

Thanks mate, amazing, this never happens so fast, who knows what we can achieve next season!

LEEMOD   

JULY 2032

Already even before we look at anything else I have already learned we're going to struggle this season, we played Twente in the Super Cup and got thrashed although the point against NAC Breda was decent the thrashing really opened my eyes. 

S9Ep3P.jpg

Anyway, let's look at the players I brought in:

1st choice centre back - free transfer

64PWzO.jpg

1st choice DMC - free transfer

e1GWJt.jpg

Back up keeper - on loan 

C5FmyY.jpg

1st choice wingback - what a player- £450k from WKE - potential superstar

k1x7dg.jpg

back up striker on loan:

imuLPB.jpg

I hope we can gel them asap and get going, it's important we get off to a decent start this season. We also have Europe to deal with and with a small squad it could prove difficult but we'll see.

LEEMOD   

AUGUST 2032

Even though we needed an injury time winner against Roda we fully deserved it and gives me some encouragement going into September. However, we have some huge news, the Europa League was drawn and look who we have!

HitsbT.jpg

Yk6Pzr.jpg

IOxTMV.jpg

We play GVVV next and a win is a must as we look to build up morale and next month we will start our European campaign!

LEEMOD   

SEPTEMBER 2032

It's been a good month for us overall as we have really tightened up at the back but despite the lack of league wins I am much more encouraged by the way we have played. I was so down about the loss away in Vienna, we were awesome first half and could have been out of sight but in the second half we just let go and they scored two as we tired. 

Elsewhere, we have issues up front with Bartos & Dragun both out so I deciced to hunt for a free transfer and I found young Moroccan striker Rachid Chafni, he has settled in well but needs some more games really for me to fully assess him so we will see how that pans out. 

Next month we go away to REAL MADRID! GULP!

hz73VP.jpg

kJou6p.jpg

QuEgHF.jpg

LEEMOD   

OCTOBER 2032

On results alone this month looks shambolic but it's been far from it, we have been so unlucky in games, for instance at Real Madrid it was fairly even and with 15 mins left against PSV we were leading 1-0 but the rate at which we concede late goals is sky high and it's concerning. I am glad we are still keeping our heads above the relegation parapet but we need to start winning games to get to our goal of mid-table.

b14OMq.jpg

B5eqro.jpg

LJTuH1.jpg

LEEMOD   

NOVEMBER 2032

After a good point against Real Madrid we followed this up with back to back league defeats and for the trip to Bratislava I decided to change things up tactically going to an old 352 I used with GVVV and it worked well and even against RKC we were unlucky but there's now do doubt about it we are now embroiled in a relegation fight and if only we can turn these draws into wins.

7KmJLG.jpg

XV1Mb9.jpg

In the Europa League we  entertain Vienna next knowing that only a win will do realistically. 

xWKLPo.jpg

Edited by LEEMOD

LEEMOD   

DECEMBER 2032

The month has been so frustrating, we are in most games but we just can't seem to put away chances. Tactically it's been annoying too because at the moment I just can't get my team to score no matter what I try which is a far cry from last season where we were banging them in. 

In the Europa League despite the superb win we came 3rd based on head to head against Real Madrid so that was disappointing but we didn't disgrace ourselves. 

XZ4pc3.jpg

bYmZqS.jpg

LEEMOD   

JANUARY 2033

Just the two games this month and we were unfortunate against a good Ajax side but after making another tactical change we beat Roda somehow which now gives us a fighting chance going into the games against GVVV & Willem who we play next

PNI7Fq.jpg

Wl08oa.jpg

LEEMOD   

FEBRUARY 2033

The games against GVVV & Willem were so tight, the pressure was so much that my anxiety was sky high especially in the last 10 mins of both games where one error here or there can make a huge difference. Thankfully though my players restored my faith in them as we won it at the death against Den Haag even despite losing two players through injury early on in the game.  The fight carries on...

O9ihJw.jpg

b5qhfj.jpg

LEEMOD   

MARCH 2033

It's been a superb month here, those two wins were so critical to us and have probably ensured safety I feel and to draw with FC Twente was just an added bonus as it was a match in which we were expected to walk away with nothing. 

lOL61N.jpg

tCc8BW.jpg