LMAO

Played the FIFA 17 demo the other day & it still had teh old style kick-off protocol, if that's still the case on the full version I expect many think that is how kikck-offs should happen.

1 hour ago, Barside said:

Played the FIFA 17 demo the other day & it still had teh old style kick-off protocol, if that's still the case on the full version I expect many think that is how kikck-offs should happen.

Yeah it is still the case on the full game too, so yeah, i can understand this fully. 

8 hours ago, FrazT said:

There was also a thread on here where a user indicated that not having the option to decide how many players take a kick off was the stupidest thing he had ever heard of

Every one to their own:)

Yep, that was me. It is the stupidest thing. Teams in real life are still allowed to kick off with two players, whether it's better to kick off with just one player isn't the point. Teams in real life still decide to kick off with two players. So if you're going to replicate the game to real life as possible we should have had the option to decide under tactics how we prefer to kick off.

Well the rule isnt how many players are allowed to kick off its that you can now kick the ball backwards from the kickoff.

If your gonna kick the ball backwards why would you use 2 players at the centre circle ?

I have 4 kids in 7 different teams and they all use 1 player to take the ko now.

Just now, Stewart1111 said:

Because it's still an option in real life. Teams can still (and do) decide to kick off with two players, if you can't give us the option then at least make it random every match. 

Forget about whether it's an option or not. Why would you want to choose? What difference does it make?

I can think of 20 tactical options that are missing that are more important than choosing your kickoff routine. It's really not that relevant. And they need to cut off at some point, because when you start adding options for things like this, the tactics UI might become extremely complex and unusable.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

Forget about whether it's an option or not. Why would you want to choose? What difference does it make?

Yes I'll just forget that teams still prefer kicking off with two players. I could say the same to you, what difference does it make with kicking off with one player? You're putting things in the game that aren't even the same in real life football. Every team does NOT kick off with one player. 

2 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I can think of 20 tactical options that are missing that are more important than choosing your kickoff routine. It's really not that relevant. And they need to cut off at some point, because when you start adding options for things like this, the tactics UI might become extremely complex and unusable.

Like I said, don't give us the option then. Make it random, some matches start with one player kick off's some with two player kick off's. They say they replicate the game to real life as possible but they're not because all teams do not kick off with one player. It doesn't matter whether it's relevant or not, it still happens in real life football. 

1 minute ago, Stewart1111 said:

Like I said, don't give us the option then. Make it random, some matches start with one player kick off's some with two player kick off's. They say they replicate the game to real life as possible but they're not because all teams do not kick off with one player. It doesn't matter whether it's relevant or not, it still happens in real life football. 

That's not a bad idea, but realise that SI added this to the game before they knew how would it play out in real life, as it's a brand new rule. There doesn't seem to be any advantage to kicking off with 2 players, so it was a plausible assumption that everyone would start with a single player now.

Perhaps this is one for the feature requests forum.

8 minutes ago, Stewart1111 said:

Yes I'll just forget that teams still prefer kicking off with two players. I could say the same to you, what difference does it make with kicking off with one player? You're putting things in the game that aren't even the same in real life football. Every team does NOT kick off with one player. 

Okay, I'll try and spell it out for you. The majority of teams now kick off with one player. Yes, it's an option - but one most teams do now.

You want it put back in - WHY? What advantage / difference would it bring in terms of gameplay? You're asking SI to dedicate resources to making it an option, coding AI to also use that option and to alter the UI to allow the option, but you can't give any reasoning as to why, from a gameplay standpoint, it would make any difference or why it's beneficial to you at all to use a 2 man kick off.

So far all we have to go on is that you want either 1 player to pass it back or 2 players to do the exact same job.

That's the point of having a constructive discussion, rather than sarcasm.

Interesting to know that some teams are still using the 2 player kick off. I watch alot of football from grass roots to Proffessional games and cant say ive seen any teams use the 2 player KO anymore but as you've shown above it looks like the odd team are still using it.

I guess the 2 options would be :

1 player pass it back or

2 players takes KO and run towards goal in a FIFA esc fasion.

SI have to make decisions based on the resources available to them based against what the advantages it will produce on the game.

I would suggest posting in the Requested Feature thread so SI can assess it properly and make a decision on it.

I wonder, for the teams that still do this; why do they do it? Habit, or some tactical advantage? Seems to me that the only real option for the second player at the kick off is to just play it backwards anyway. Don't see the point myself, but am happy to be illuminated.

5 minutes ago, Welshace said:

The only advantage is that you have one more man further up field to push forward quickly from kick off.

Probably this. Worcester were 3-0 down at half time and tried to go straight up field from the kick off.... which worked out well as they conceded again about a minute afterwards!

2 hours ago, Stewart1111 said:

It's realism, because the overwhelming majority of all teams take every kickoff with one player. Would you rather them have not added new features or make improvements in favor of being able to see two guys standing there instead of one? You also can't input every crazy set piece every team has ever done in the set piece creator, does that get you mad at the game too? The fact of the matter is a manager who insisted on taking two player kickoffs every time is a manager who, in the real world you're so fired up on, wouldn't have a job. 

1 hour ago, CarltonBanks said:

It's realism, because the overwhelming majority of all teams take every kickoff with one player. Would you rather them have not added new features or make improvements in favor of being able to see two guys standing there instead of one? You also can't input every crazy set piece every team has ever done in the set piece creator, does that get you mad at the game too? The fact of the matter is a manager who insisted on taking two player kickoffs every time is a manager who, in the real world you're so fired up on, wouldn't have a job. 

Mate, I'm not mad in the slightest. I couldn't care less if a team kicks off with one player or two players. I'm just stating that teams in real life can decide whether they want to kick off the match with one player or two players, so I'm saying it should be in the game as well. 

Archived