Sports Interactive Community
Fer Fuchs Ake

Selling a player who is popular with the team

So I'm going into my third season with Arsenal and I'm really in two minds about something. I want to sell Giroud as a Target Man doesn't really fit into my possession oriented tactic and I can't see him usurping Higuain any time soon. I could get a good bit of money for him (and free up the wages a little bit). The problem is that there are quite a few players who list him as one of their favourite personnel (Koscielny, Mertesacker etc). Are they likely to be annoyed if I sell him? Is selling him worth the potential hassle?

1 minute ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

So I'm going into my third season with Arsenal and I'm really in two minds about something. I want to sell Giroud as a Target Man doesn't really fit into my possession oriented tactic and I can't see him usurping Higuain any time soon. I could get a good bit of money for him (and free up the wages a little bit). The problem is that there are quite a few players who list him as one of their favourite personnel (Koscielny, Mertesacker etc). Are they likely to be annoyed if I sell him? Is selling him worth the potential hassle?

Players could be disappointed initially but will get over it if the team continues to do well.

I had a top class goalkeeper once who I sold for a high price while he was old enough to still get money out of. Didn't really effect my players too much. They get over it reasonably quick providing you still win. That's what happened for me at least. 

4 minutes ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

did this for United and Rooney, immediately all the English players declared their concern and asked me for a meeting - I dont remember the exact words but using the first or second choice option in a calm manner, they were okay with the move and i shipped him to loan to Lazio 

So all in all go ahead, player power in FM16 or 17 isnt a lot.