Man Utd tactics 4-2-3-1

Hi been trying as Man Utd on the FM 17 beta. Looking to develop a couple of tactics.  I have created 433 with Morgan schneiderlin holding and pogba and herrera more advanced in box to box and advanced playmaker roles. Zlatan is doing a good job as complete forward with mykhitaryan and martial as inside forward and shaw and valencia overlapping them

The problem I'm having is that whilst this is productive and am winning games and certainly tweaking this formation in the big games has been successful, I am struggling to break down so called lesser sides.

Am looking at a 4231 tactic to get the best out of mata as a 10 and a fluid formation that gets the best out of the 3 behind the striker as well as pogba who is a little deeper. It just doesn't seem to be working though and I can't get the fluid interchanging play that I am looking for. 

Any suggestions would be great

thanks

This is the system I am trying to utilise to breakdown sides in the lower half of the table

Gk de gea 

wing back attacking rb -  Valencia - looking to overlap and hit early crosses

ball playing cb - bailly 

central defender stopper - smalling

wing back attacking lb - shaw - player instructions looking to overlap 

Box to box support - Herrera 

advanced playmaker cm - pogba

inside forward - mykhitaryan - roam from position

attavking mid 10- mata - try risky passes

inside forward left wing - martial - run at defence 

zlatan - complete forward

will post some screenshots as well. Trying to unlock the defence and get the best out of my front players

all players are instructed to close down more as ideally I would want to play a klopp esque pressing style but don't feel I currently have the players

therefore my current team instructions are to prevent GK short distribution, close down more, wide width, more direct passing, look for overlap and to be more expressive 

Little tip, set your in game Language to English, and get some screenshots from your tactics (just press the print screen button, open pain, ctrl+v) and upload it to Imgur or something, then post hem here. It will give us much more info, in a more simple way!

1 hour ago, thim1993 said:

This is the system I am trying to utilise to breakdown sides in the lower half of the table

Gk de gea 

wing back attacking rb -  Valencia - looking to overlap and hit early crosses

ball playing cb - bailly 

central defender stopper - smalling

wing back attacking lb - shaw - player instructions looking to overlap 

Box to box support - Herrera 

advanced playmaker cm - pogba

inside forward - mykhitaryan - roam from position

attavking mid 10- mata - try risky passes

inside forward left wing - martial - run at defence 

zlatan - complete forward

will post some screenshots as well. Trying to unlock the defence and get the best out of my front players

all players are instructed to close down more as ideally I would want to play a klopp esque pressing style but don't feel I currently have the players

therefore my current team instructions are to prevent GK short distribution, close down more, wide width, more direct passing, look for overlap and to be more expressive 

1 hour ago, thim1993 said:

just for reference about how to start :

http://fminside.net/guides/tactical/basic-tactic/

http://fminside.net/guides/tactical/improving-tactics/

i learning this too,from assistant manager feedback.
Look like pogba like direct football more.
mykhitaryan like slow passing football.

Tempo - higher

width wide

defensive line normal

closing down more, prevent short gk distribution, get stuck in. 

In terms of on the ball have instructed the team to play out of defence,  with more direct passing whilst looking for overlap. They are instructed to run at defence allowing them to be more expressive and roam from posiitions

in terms of individual player instructions I haven't really set any. I have noticed though that, like kysia518 says, there is a conflict between the styles of players we have

@thim1993 In my post above I asked you to read the sticky thread about asking for help, and posting your detailed tactical set up.  You also need to tell us what type of problems you are having.  It's all in that thread and you haven't done it.

If you want help you need to do that - we now have 3 posts from you each with a few details and still not complete.  You can't expect people to go ferreting around looking at different parts of a thread to find out how you are playing and what type of problems you are having.

One post, all required details in it please.

Archived