Sports Interactive Community
Spacks

Rebuilding the Central Coast Mariners

I've decided on rebuilding my favourite team in the Australian A-League competition, the Central Coast Mariners.  The thing is, I've got no idea where to start! There's so many issues, so I figured why not get some of you involved? As they say, 2 brains or in this case a lot of brains are better then 1.

Here's the squad.

fc89f4a7f2cfe4fbfeac8f03cbbc8552.jpg

Here's the staff. 

9bf1aea58ac86aaaa3ed81f7e2a1d6c4.png

Here's my finances.

39e24f06d0ab0aefb32d059f7a6c4b25.png

Now, what do you guys think I should do? What areas of the squad need improving? Any tactics I should consider implementing?

Played as them last year and had a blast actually (Was running a C+C save) 

What's your DB size? 

In terms of CCMs current squad, it's got a lot of depth but no true standout players in my opinion. My base strategy last year was throwing  away Season 1 and buying a lot of promising players from the NPL/FFA COE and developing them for a year. I also cleared out the foreign guys so I had carte blanche the next year. 

How's Daniel McFarlane by the way? Was able to turn him into a Bundesliga midfielder last year, definitely one of my favorite Aussie prospects from 16. 

22 hours ago, Spacks said:

I've decided on rebuilding my favourite team in the Australian A-League competition, the Central Coast Mariners.  The thing is, I've got no idea where to start! There's so many issues, so I figured why not get some of you involved? As they say, 2 brains or in this case a lot of brains are better then 1.

Now, what do you guys think I should do? What areas of the squad need improving? Any tactics I should consider implementing?

Definitely invest in the future. Youth players are key on FM in the A-League with the restrictions. Pretty sure you can get Pasquali on a youth deal (which is unrealistic but possible). If you're looking for an LB check out Jake Sardelic from Armadale. 

Chuck some scouts in the NPL Vic ASAP as there are a lot of A-League quality players there. You may have to scrape through your first season but definetly be on the look out for A-League players whos contracts are expiring. A lot of Perth players have 1 year remaining. 

Haven't checked him out this year but I remember blowing all of my transfer money on Ryan Williams in FM16 and he did not disappoint. Ended playing at my club till he was in his 30's. Club legend. Best signing I ever made. So if you ever find the money for him I'd recommend it. I managed to get him on a regular contract too for like $1200.