Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

dafuge's South American tour

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:56, deltablue said:

What I don't like about the Libertadores, at least based on limited experience in past versions, was how crammed together the scheduling was to make room for the Sudamericana later in the year. Still that situation you had was just ridiculous.

its changed now, so its basically a year long event, rather than one in each half of the year. They will run pretty much side by side. The only downside is the European transfer window in the middle of it all potentially taking key players from teams still involved in either competition... not sure how FM will replicate that.

Great thread, love South America and will be hoping on a plane to manage their myself on release day.

7 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Great as usual

How do you get the tables to work?  I couldn't work it out.

There's a code button (looks like this <>). Click on that and select HTML on the drop down menu and you can just type out your table and insert it into your most.

It's far easier on this new software.

So you can only sign 3 guys in January, but as many as you want in June? Even with a single week of transfer window, that's not so terrible.

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

So you can only sign 3 guys in January, but as many as you want in June? Even with a single week of transfer window, that's not so terrible.

It's not too bad, unless you take the job in July like I did!

21 minutes ago, dafuge said:

7zi6WfY.png

:D

:applause:

But these wind me up, I got that over a ruptured cruciate ligament...

5 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

:applause:

But these wind me up, I got that over a ruptured cruciate ligament...

Damn, I was hoping the social media feature had a sense of humour :(

25 minutes ago, dafuge said:

Damn, I was hoping the social media feature had a sense of humour :(

Check out my thread. I've had a good one.

Well, my one week transfer window was a disaster.

I had some great transfers lined up, but they weren't pushed through for the deadline. Instead they were delayed until January :mad:

The transfer window for the Primera is a bit longer, giving them a massive advantage.

Deportes Puerto Montt - Campeonato Loto - 2023

Last season was a bit of a mess as I got my head around the transfer windows. This season was hopefully going to be my chance to build my own squad.

League Table - there are no playoffs in this division, which is a shame. Still, 4th place is a decent result.

Copa Chile - we had a decent run, but came up short against much better opposition.

Squad - we still have lots of room for improvement.

Transfers - I had another shocker as I managed just three foreign signings, with a host of others that for some reason could not be completed by the deadline.

Finances - the cup run made quite a difference, so that might be something to prioritise next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Leandro Spadacio - the new striker made an immediate impact.

Federico Matteri - this winger is still one of my best players.

Alexis Belestre - another new signing who made a good start.

Juan Caroca - he decided to stay, which was a huge result.

Jorge Leiva - a new youth product, he'll be a backup player next season.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                          Position  Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017       Huracán                Uruguay    Segunda División                3rd       Playoff finalists
2018       Huracán                Uruguay    Segunda División                1st       Promoted
2019       Peñarol                Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             2nd       
2020       Peñarol                Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Playoff winners
2021       Peñarol                Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       
2022       Deportes Puerto Montt  Chile      Primera B                       8th       Took over in July
2023       Deportes Puerto Montt  Chile      Primera B                       4th       
Next Season:

I really need to get my transfer windows sorted, so I'll be arranging my three transfers in advance of the window opening. I really need to get the mid season window sorted if we want to get promoted.

1 hour ago, kingjericho said:

Are you using the same tactic as last year? Or did you tweak it at the start of this save?

Almost exactly the same. I think adding 'hit early crosses' was my only change.

Deportes Puerto Montt - Campeonato Loto - 2024

After finally getting my head around the transfer windows, I had a squad capable of doing well in this division.

League Table - we had a great season, but too many losses meant we weren't able to catch the leaders.

Copa Chile - we faced the top team in the league above, so we did well to claim a draw at home.

Squad - I have great squad depth now, this squad should be good enough for next season.

Transfers - I've still only ever made three signings in a window, but they are making a difference.

Finances - a terrible year for the finances, we need promotion to fix this.

Key Player Profiles:

Leandro Spadacio - he picked up where he left off last season.

Bernardo Berríos - our second striker.

Pedro Benítes - a new signing, but he's yet another foreigner.

Miguel Caceres - our most valuable player, but I'm not really sure why.

Sebastián Lagos - a new youth product.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                          Position  Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017       Huracán                Uruguay    Segunda División                3rd       Playoff finalists
2018       Huracán                Uruguay    Segunda División                1st       Promoted
2019       Peñarol                Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             2nd       
2020       Peñarol                Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Playoff winners
2021       Peñarol                Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       
2022       Deportes Puerto Montt  Chile      Primera B                       8th       Took over in July
2023       Deportes Puerto Montt  Chile      Primera B                       4th       
2024       Deportes Puerto Montt  Chile      Primera B                       2nd  
Next Season:

We really have to aim for the title next season. If we can't win promotion soon, I might have to have a think about moving to a club in the top flight myself.

Deportes Puerto Montt - Campeonato Loto - 2025

Last season we just missed out on the title, so this season we were determined to go one better.

League Table - we did it! It wasn't a huge improvement on last season, but the competition was a bit easier for the title.

Copa Chile - we had two great wins over teams from the division above, but we couldn't make it three.

Squad - I released a few players midseason, a squad this size was perfect for this league.

Transfers - just two transfers, a couple of decent Chileans.

Finances - the board injected £170k, which got us out of trouble.

Key Player Profiles:

Leandro Spadacio - top scorer again.

Pedro Benítes - another great season.

Andrés Garrido - the new striker.

Alexis Belestre - the winger finally lived up to his reputation.

Jonathan Ortega - the new defender, our most valuable player.

Career Overview:

2024       Deportes Puerto Montt  Chile      Primera B                       2nd  
2025       Deportes Puerto Montt  Chile      Primera B                       1st       Promoted 
Next Season:

I suspect that next season will be my last at this club. Ideally I'd like to move to a bigger club in Chile, but if that isn't possible I might take a trip to Peru or Colombia.

Originally I had planned to leave mid season, but I'm finding it hard to walk out on this club.

I've signed a new two year contract, giving me one more full season at the club after this one before I move on.

Deportes Puerto Montt - Campeonato Nacional Scotiabank - 2026

Following our promotion last season, I expected this to be my last season at the club as I was on the look out for a new club in Chile.

League Table - we had a superb season, keeping up with the leaders for most of the season before settling for fifth place. We went on to win the playoffs, which I believe means we qualify for continental football next season.

Copa Chile - the draw was kind to us as we made it all the way to the final. Unfortunately Colo Colo were just too good.

Squad - we have a decent squad, but I'm still struggling with the foreign player limit.

Transfers - after falling behind the leaders I made the decision to make big changes midseason.

Finances - with most of our players on small contracts we found it easy to make a profit. This won't last.

Key Player Profiles:

Leandro Spadacio - top scorer yet again, but he's got some competition now.

Andrés Garrido - he's making a case to become our main striker.

Roberto Navarro - the new signing has impressed, but he's made it hard to pick my strikers.

José López - I sold one of our best players to sign this youngster.

Bilica - I didn't really need to sign him, but he's our most valuable player by a long way.

Career Overview:

2025       Deportes Puerto Montt  Chile      Primera B                       1st       Promoted 
2026       Deportes Puerto Montt  Chile      Primera División                5th       Playoff winners, Copa Chile finalists
Next Season:

I had originally planned to leave midseason, but the success we were having persuaded me to stay and sign a new contract. I've still got plans to find a new club, but I'm going to wait and see what turns up. I'm not going to rule out moving during the season if something interesting appears.

Great career.

Hope you manage my team someday (Corinthians) and make they play better than the absolute CRAP they're playing atm... :/

Cheers,
Bitner 

I'm planning on spending quite a bit of time in Brazil, maybe at somewhere like Corinthians.

I thought I'd try my luck and applied for the Boca Juniors job.

I didn't even get an interview :D

Deportes Puerto Montt - Campeonato Nacional Scotiabank - 2027

Last season we had a superb year reaching the cup final and winning the playoffs. Unfortunately, the playoffs seemed to be meaningless as we had no continental football this season.

League Table - this was disappointing as we finished two places lower than last season.

Supercopa de Chile - we started this season with the same result that we ended last season, a 4-1 loss to Colo Colo.

Copa Chile - there was no repeat of last season as we met the eventual league winners in the second round.

Squad - we have some decent young players, but there's quite a gap in quality to the bigger clubs.

Transfers - I signed three new players, and got a decent fee for an unhappy player.

Finances - we made another decent profit which has allowed us to improve the facilities and buy the stadium.

Key Player Profiles:

Andrés Garrido - he was our top scorer as Leandro Spadacio struggled to get into the team.

Julio López - the new striker didn't quite live up to expectations, but hopefully there's more to come.

José López - not to be confused with the other Venezuelan López.

Jonathan Ortega - easily our best defender.

Sebastián Lagos - a youth product who has become a first choice.

Career Overview:

2026       Deportes Puerto Montt  Chile      Primera División                5th       Playoff winners, Copa Chile finalists
2027       Deportes Puerto Montt  Chile      Primera División                7th
Next Season:

I really need to move on now. I was hoping a job like Colo Colo might turn up, but I think I'm going to have to look abroad for my next challenge. My contract expires in the middle of next season, unless something spectacular happens I won't be renewing it.

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 18:30, JWVG said:

Season from Jan-Dec but contracts ending in June is weird, isn't it?

It's really annoying, means I can't let players leave at the end of the season, they have to go half way through.

It's even worse for my own contract,

For a second time I have applied for the Boca Juniors job. Once again I didn't get it :(

I also applied to an ideal club in Colombia, Boyacá Chicó. I got an interview, but didn't get the job :mad:

So, I'm now currently unemployed after seeing out my Deportes Peurto Montt contract. The vacancies don't really interest me at the moment, so I could be without a club for a while until something interesting turns up.

Nearly a year on from leaving Peurto Montt and I've applied for the Boca job for a third time.

Got an interview this time, didn't get the job again though :D

977TlA6.png

After missing out on this job once, it was second time lucky as I finally made my way to Colombia with Millonarios.

Club - this is one of the biggest clubs in Colombia, but they are in a spot of bother at the moment.

Facilities - we have a decent size stadium and some great facilities.

Finances - looks like there's a fair bit of money at the club for now.

Squad - the squad looks decent, but we have another 66 players in the other squads so it will need trimming.

League Table - average points decide relegation, so we should be safe for this season despite the poor performance so far.

Here's our 40000 capacity stadium that we share with a few other clubs:

maxresdefault.jpg

And here's where we are based, in the capital Bogotá:

MNj5GIT.png

Good Luck! Millionarios is a big team, but it's a long time since i see them @ Libertadores.

Cheers,
Bitner 

Always good to read your threads :thup:  Good luck.  Your 3 nations so far have been in the same order I did mine in when I tried a similar challenge. :) 

Millonarios FC - Liga Aguila - 2029

The club were at the foot of the table when I joined them in June, my aim for this season was just to steady the ship and get the squad ready for next season.

Apertura - I was only in charge for the final game of this stage, where we held the leaders to a 1-1 draw.

Clausura - we had the chance to top the table, but blew it in our final two games. We did manage to go on and win the playoffs though, which hopefully means more here than in Chile.

League Table - winning the Clausura playoffs seems to have crowned us as champions. In fifth place.

Copa Aguila - I wasn't here for the group stage, but we had a great run against the big sides on our way to lifting the cup.

Squad - room for improvement, but we've got a decent number of good young players.

Transfers - I had a huge clear out and signed a number of young Colombians.

Finances - the planned improvements to the facilities got cancelled due to the finances, which was a shame.

Key Player Profiles:

Julián Arnedo - this talented youth product was our top scorer.

Luis Salazar - this signing turned out to be our main striker.

Mario Melo - another great youth product.

Juan Camilo Tapia - a new signing, our most valuable player.

Richard Paredes - the only foreigner I signed.

Career Overview:

2027       Deportes Puerto Montt  Chile      Primera División                7th
2029       Millonarios            Colombia   Primera A                       5th       Took over in June, Copa Aguila winners, playoff winners
Next Season:

I'm really looking forward to my first full season in charge, with a few key signings I think we could challenge for the league.

7 minutes ago, neushoorn70 said:

That's some scoring record for tapia

I hadn't noticed that :D

I've just discovered something great about the Colombian league. The youth intake turns up in January, which is during the transfer window and just before pre season starts.

@Jimbokav1971 would love this :D

Just now, dafuge said:

I've just discovered something great about the Colombian league. The youth intake turns up in January, which is during the transfer window and just before pre season starts.

Best time of the year, for sure.

Cheers,
Bitner 

43 minutes ago, dafuge said:

That sounds like all my FM Christmases rolled into one! :cool:

Surely that can't be correct though? I thought that all Youth Intakes were at a similar stage of the season, (varying a little), but that what determined when you got the Youth Intake was when the season started and ended. Is there anything else weird about Colombia? 

How did the 2028 part-season go before you left Chile? 

14 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

That sounds like all my FM Christmases rolled into one! :cool:

Surely that can't be correct though? I thought that all Youth Intakes were at a similar stage of the season, (varying a little), but that what determined when you got the Youth Intake was when the season started and ended. Is there anything else weird about Colombia? 

How did the 2028 part-season go before you left Chile? 

It did seem a bit odd, but I'm not complaining!

The overall league table is really misleading, it seems to be fairly meaningless. Other than that, I quite like the Colombian setup.

My half season at Peurto Montt was completely uneventful. When I left I think we were a couple of places lower than the previous season, but they picked up a bit after I left!

Bad news, my save game seems to have a bug which will stop me playing.

The Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana have been non existent for the last 4/6 years, the competitions have just stopped happening.

I hadn't noticed until now, but it explains my strange final season in Chile where I won the playoffs but got nothing for it.

Bit gutted really, I was enjoying this.

That's a shame it was a really promising career.

Think you'll restart this or do something else?

I'd like to restart this, but I can't do that knowing there's a chance that this problem could happen again.

I might just play a game in England, to see what the Brexit situation is like. Trouble is, there's a chance I'll be unhappy with the option I get and I'll want to start again!

Gutted really, this will break my streak of having just one save game in each version since FM10.

7 minutes ago, JWVG said:

Oh that's really bad. Don't you think SI get this fixed in an update? :(

I would hope so, but I bet it would require a new game to be started.

It's disappointing that this had to end but it's very understandable. I had a problem with my South America save with the Uruguayan league no longer being played after the 2024 season, things really aren't going well in South America!

Shame to see this end prematurely, was enjoying lurking so far. Was rather hoping you'd pop to Colombia soon as I've been on somewhat of a Narcos binge on Netflix lately :D

10 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Shame to see this end prematurely, was enjoying lurking so far. Was rather hoping you'd pop to Colombia soon as I've been on somewhat of a Narcos binge on Netflix lately :D

I'd just moved to Colombia by taking the Millonarios job, the Colombian league seemed great too :(

20 hours ago, dafuge said:

I'd like to restart this, but I can't do that knowing there's a chance that this problem could happen again.

I might just play a game in England, to see what the Brexit situation is like. Trouble is, there's a chance I'll be unhappy with the option I get and I'll want to start again!

Gutted really, this will break my streak of having just one save game in each version since FM10.

Not sure this is "cheating" or not but you could holiday it for 10 years and see what has happened?  If no "hard Brexit" rinse and repeat with a new game?

Turns out it was an issue that was fixed, but I started my game on the beta version.

The good news is that I should be able to restart this career without worrying about it happening again.

14 hours ago, dafuge said:

Turns out it was an issue that was fixed, but I started my game on the beta version.

The good news is that I should be able to restart this career without worrying about it happening again.

Phew ! I was worried it may affect my save too and I'm really enjoying my time in South America so far.

Are you going to try and follow a similar career path in terms of clubs or just see what opportunities pop up?