[FM18] Japanese Football Pyramid (updated 28/7)

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, owl200314 said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881078930

i found this one , maybe made by a Japanese guy

That file is very different from ours in the approach. It is far more complete league-wise than ours in that it has JFL, regional league players. But, they are pretty much random (from their positions, to any kind of CA\PA).

It is instead far, far less complete than ours in regards to youth players as it limits mostly the the professional ones and a few ones with random PAs. All the youth players have been researched by me instead (not up to all the single stats for obvious reasons) - same story for the university players (you'll find quite a few). In our file you are going to find some of the players which come out as professionals in JLeague in the next years.

It also does not have our realistic HS system and does not come with the leagues in it at all either. You'll have to use classeen's which lacks a few rules, the real prizes, the youth leagues, etc. since obviously he didn't spend months just on Japan.

Not sure about attendance, tickets, media, agents, etc (we have)

So, it depends on the personal needs of the player :). Both are huge works in my opinion. We just prefer to include only highly realistic stuff even if it means leaving out the lower leagues. Of course we're not perfect either so any suggestion will be welcome

To those asking: took a little longer due to 1) FM crashing for no reason, took a while to be fixed 2) my and then Foss' real-life general busyness. The file is done now and we're just testing it.

3 hours ago, Dax_ said:

That file is very different from ours in the approach. It is far more complete league-wise than ours in that it has JFL, regional league players. But, they are pretty much random (from their positions, to any kind of CA\PA).

It is instead far, far less complete than ours in regards to youth players as it limits mostly the the professional ones and a few ones with random PAs. All the youth players have been researched by me instead (not up to all the single stats for obvious reasons) - same story for the university players (you'll find quite a few). In our file you are going to find some of the players which come out as professionals in JLeague in the next years.

It also does not have our realistic HS system and does not come with the leagues in it at all either. You'll have to use classeen's which lacks a few rules, the real prizes, the youth leagues, etc. since obviously he didn't spend months just on Japan.

So, it depends on the personal needs of the player :). Both are huge works in my opinion. We just prefer to include only highly realistic stuff even if it means leaving out the lower leagues. Of course we're not perfect either so any suggestion will be welcome

To those asking: took a little longer due to 1) FM crashing for no reason, took a while to be fixed 2) my and then Foss' real-life general busyness. The file is done now and we're just testing it.

i'm looking forward for your work, thanks

5 hours ago, Dax_ said:

Thanks! Will you also have the facepack with it? 

The FM update introduced new players: what this means is that it broke the previous photo -> player ID connections, because it increments the IDs for the players you created.

So at the moment it's hard to say when it will get out exactly (if with the file immediately or not, I mean. I know Foss is working on it right now). We have to change them all again...

The good thing is that in case some faces will still be missing we can just release an Add-on later on.

On 5/18/2017 at 11:00, Dax_ said:

The FM update introduced new players: what this means is that it broke the previous photo -> player ID connections, because it increments the IDs for the players you created.

So at the moment it's hard to say when it will get out exactly (if with the file immediately or not, I mean. I know Foss is working on it right now). We have to change them all again...

The good thing is that in case some faces will still be missing we can just release an Add-on later on.

Right! Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...

So, while we're still testing (in particular, we're testing the real youth league, which includes mixes of HS and Jleague U18 teams and has relegations and promotions, so it's completely different than other countries - a though job ! ) I just wanted to bring some suggestions for those that don't really know which team they should pick.

"I want a team that has high quality youngsters" -> Cerezo Osaka or FC Tokyo. Kyoto Sanga if you want to begin in J2.
"I want a team that has many youngsters, no matter the quality mix": J1: Same as above but also Gamba, Marinos, Sanfrecce | J2: Nagoya, Sanga, Oita
"I want a relegation challenge" -> J1: Albirex, Kofu, Consadole   J2: Zweigen Kanazawa, Kamatamare, Thespa
"I want a team that has a lot of money" -> J1: FC Tokyo, Kashima, Urawa | J2: Kyoto Sanga, Tokushima Vortis, Nagoya Grampus
"I want an economical challenge": -> J1: Consadole, Sagan |  J2: Gifu, Renofa
"I want a team which uses few foreigners" -> J1: Urawa has 2, FC Tokyo has 3 and no brazilians, Jubilo has 3 with one brazilian | J2: Oita (0), Renofa (1)
"I want a team with lots of homegrown players" -> J1: Kashiwa, Gamba. J2: Verdy, Oita
"I want a team with a young average age": J1: Kashiwa, Albirex J2: Renofa, Tokushima
"I want a team with lots of supporters" : J1: Urawa, Gamba, Tokyo, Marinos |  J2: Nagoya, Matsumoto Yamaga, JEF, Avispa
"I want to rack up supporters, because I have so few!" : J1: Kashiwa, Kofu | J2: Kamatamare, Ehime
"I want a team with a huge stadium" : J1: Marinos, Urawa, Jubilo, Shimizu | J2: Tokyo Verdy, Nagoya, Oita

Note: there won't be the realistic finances for this release, I just rounded some numbers in the editor. To use the real numbers it would require several seasons of testings because the real numbers do not apply to FM correctly (as the game "makes up" the expenses). I honestly have no clue on how easy, or hard, it will be to have money. Probably the former.

A couple of questions.. Will the J3 also be finished in this release? Also, wouldn't the owner's 'resources' attribute control the amount of finances a club has available for future seasons (assuming there is no takeover). I'm working on a JFL file currently so it would be nice to see what the J3 looks like in your release to more properly gauge their attributes.

On 1/6/2017 at 18:28, ZaphoH16 said:

A couple of questions.. Will the J3 also be finished in this release? Also, wouldn't the owner's 'resources' attribute control the amount of finances a club has available for future seasons (assuming there is no takeover). I'm working on a JFL file currently so it would be nice to see what the J3 looks like in your release to more properly gauge their attributes.

Hi Zapho,

no J3 will be included in the sense that you can play it but you'll find just players who are on loan there. The reason is, again, that we want to put out a realistic file and researching J3 as you can probably imagine takes even longer than researching J1 and J2 - I know for a fact that transfermarkt's lineups (in the sense of: positions ) are not accurate. So we don't want to put random CA\PAs \ positions.

Huge props if you're working on a JFL file but.. I assume that you are just putting the players in random roles? Or are you really researching? :)

Anyway we're about to release. The youth leagues have been so tricky to make.. damn SI!

2 hours ago, Dax_ said:

no J3 will be included in the sense that you can play it but you'll find just players who are on loan there. The reason is, again, that we want to put out a realistic file and researching J3 as you can probably imagine takes even longer than researching J1 and J2 - I know for a fact that transfermarkt's lineups (in the sense of: positions ) are not accurate. So we don't want to put random CA\PAs \ positions.

Cheers for everything you're doing, I've wanted something like this for a while (I think there was a J-League file for 2012 with a University league/cup system, it was presumably hugely inaccurate but it was fun nonetheless and I've been wanting another version for over five years now. Would your DB be compatible with other J-League DBs or is it an either-or kind of thing? I really want to manage Kataller Toyama in J3 but if there's no players there I might avoid it and try something else. I remember something similar happening in another DB where they only had one player on loan and I basically had to make a full team from nothing, which was actually kinda fun.

Once again, cheers for everything, the effort is massively appreciated.

Ya I've been researching for a few months now. I've attempted to create J-League files in the past but found it too overwhelming. There is Japanese site called 'freshlive.tv' that shows live JFL matches and records some for later viewing. Then I use 'soccer-db.net' to look at statistics and line ups, which is much than transfermarkt for Japanese football because its a Japanese database, they even have positions and statistics for university players. I also use youtube a lot to watch highlights. So far I have roughly 3 clubs created.

Just looking through this and man this is amazingly hard work that you've put in!  While I probably won't come to be able to appreciate the work itself, I love your commitment and enthusiasm for it!  Amazing stuff and hopefully there's a release next year which I can use to give a "proper" thanks for the stuff you're doing!

12 hours ago, ZaphoH16 said:

Ya I've been researching for a few months now. I've attempted to create J-League files in the past but found it too overwhelming. There is Japanese site called 'freshlive.tv' that shows live JFL matches and records some for later viewing. Then I use 'soccer-db.net' to look at statistics and line ups, which is much than transfermarkt for Japanese football because its a Japanese database, they even have positions and statistics for university players. I also use youtube a lot to watch highlights. So far I have roughly 3 clubs created.

That's amazing really! Yes I know and use both websites of course. Soccer-db has a few mistakes but it's really much better than transfermarkt. I think your approach is spot-on. If it might help, I have at least put real attendances and I think subscription prices for JFL teams - feel free to "take them" after we release.

On 3/6/2017 at 00:02, chronicfc said:

Cheers for everything you're doing, I've wanted something like this for a while (I think there was a J-League file for 2012 with a University league/cup system, it was presumably hugely inaccurate but it was fun nonetheless and I've been wanting another version for over five years now. Would your DB be compatible with other J-League DBs or is it an either-or kind of thing? I really want to manage Kataller Toyama in J3 but if there's no players there I might avoid it and try something else. I remember something similar happening in another DB where they only had one player on loan and I basically had to make a full team from nothing, which was actually kinda fun.

Once again, cheers for everything, the effort is massively appreciated.

We won't have the university system in as creating the youth system was already a big pain in the ass due to the editor's limits (won't go too much in detail now, it'd be really long) but we will have a lot of players in university teams. I can't say for sure if it will be compatible with other DBs, it's really a gamble, especially since our file has the competitions inside. I think things might work if file priorities are set correctly (you have to name the files so that the one that includes the competition will be loaded first or last - can't recall now)

edit: Oh, well, actually I guess you could manage Gamba U23, Tokyo U23 or Cerezo U23 but I haven't even tried to see if you are forced to also manage the main team or not, lol !

edit2: actually I just simulated a season and it's playable. You will not have the real players but the AI makes sure no team is short of players (loans from J2, rejects, free agents, etc)

On 1/6/2017 at 18:28, ZaphoH16 said:

sorry I missed this, you can avoid this by setting "1" or 0, I can't remember now. I think we have done it but don't count me on that, we don't want to spend even more time to recheck even the finances :p

edit: also we have more players than I thought in J3 due to the 2016 version: many players moved from J2 to J3 and of course we did the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

the release is happening today. Sadly, we couldn't overcome some editor bugs - or mysteries - but we're also tired of making people wait. I'll keep trying fixing some things after the release but, in the meanwhile, we're going to release a fully-functional, bug free file with over 1000 young\university players, the 2017 season ready to play and so on.

The youth leagues instead, will be a classic "all teams have a U18 side and play against each others split in some pools" so that of course you'll still be able to use the oung players. More in detail of what's included in the next post. It's also impossible to prevent clubs from stealing the HS players unfortunately, so they will dry up after the first months. We tried to raise their reputations but it brought in other ill-effects. And the embargo works only for buying and not selling.

Contents

• The file has been updated to the start of the 2017 season. There are over 425,000 changes in total. 
  • Every first team player and staff member in J1 & J2 League has been included. All personnel have been set with attributes, positions, shirt numbers, personal details and playing histories.
  • Most of the staff members and some players in J3 have been included with the above details set.
  • Club logos for teams in J1, J2, J3 and JFL. (by Dax)
  • Real attendance and season ticket figures for teams in J1 through JFL. Real media outlets and major player agents have been added. (by Dax)
  • More than 1000 U18 players, high school players, university players and youth staff have been added with accurate personal details, positions and ratings. Some youth players also have select attributes set based on their strengths and weaknesses. (by Dax)
  • Realistic league structure up to JFL with realistic prize money and rules. A standard U18 system has been included due to the impossibility of replicating the real one without bugs.
  • Realistic finances have been implemented using financial records provided by clubs. Numbers have been scaled as accurately as possible to how FM calculates expenses. (by Dax)   

Upcoming

• Facepack with over 1000 cut-outs
  • League structure down to the regional leagues
  • Real youth competition structure if feasible
  • More cup competitions and friendly tournaments
  • One-to-one representation of the Emperor's Cup qualification

Thanks to Dax for his work with youth players and clubs as well as details that add to the immersion.
Thanks to Shimera for helping with Ehime FC and club kits.

DOWNLOAD

First things first just wanted to say what a good job you chaps have done on this file since the first release. A Japan-based save using your DB from late December has been my only long-running save on FM this year. Seems like a lot of hard work, especially with a league that lacks detailed coverage outside of the top tier, so thanks for your efforts.

Tempted to start again from JFL with the new update but I noticed a minor error in that teams only appear to have 28 games scheduled from the start, with 1 team (in my case Musashino City) not scheduled to play any league games at all. Not sure how problematic that would be to fix but hopefully it isn't too much trouble.

22 minutes ago, pheOL11 said:

how about transfer for season 2017 ????

uhm, what? The next transfer window starts in july and ends at the end of august. I don't know if we'll do it honestly, not sure if it's worth the effort. Either way, certainly not before september

1 hour ago, Dax_ said:

uhm, what? The next transfer window starts in july and ends at the end of august. I don't know if we'll do it honestly, not sure if it's worth the effort. Either way, certainly not before september

i mean transfer in january .Eexample, like leo silva to kashima and rafael silva to urawa. In database leo silva and rafael silva still play in albirex.

21 minutes ago, pheOL11 said:

i mean transfer in january .Eexample, like leo silva to kashima and rafael silva to urawa. In database leo silva and rafael silva still play in albirex.

Léo Silva is at Kashima Antlers and Rafael Silva is at Urawa Red Diamonds in the latest release.

3 hours ago, Foss said:

Léo Silva is at Kashima Antlers and Rafael Silva is at Urawa Red Diamonds in the latest release.

oh ok great thanks . btw, i try to play now but still got crash dump :(  (Solved)

But i found some team not update in game, then i check with editor database was updated.

qRQEbrG.png

L6wsxto.png

i0TXVlT.jpg

wbJ7BqU.jpg

11 hours ago, pheOL11 said:

oh ok great thanks . btw, i try to play now but still got crash dump :(  (Solved)

But i found some team not update in game, then i check with editor database was updated.

qRQEbrG.png

L6wsxto.png

i0TXVlT.jpg

wbJ7BqU.jpg

I'll check tonight to be sure that it's not a failed change but unless in my game I have the same discrepancy as yours, it means is something else going on.

Don't load any other editor with files other than ours if possible.

3 hours ago, Dax_ said:

I'll check tonight to be sure that it's not a failed change but unless in my game I have the same discrepancy as yours, it means is something else going on.

Don't load any other editor with files other than ours if possible.

They're not failed changes, otherwise they wouldn't show up in the editor. The problem is on the user's end.

1 hour ago, Foss said:

Please provide information whether you are using other editor data files and the nations and leagues you have selected.

there's a problem with a critical mistake during creation new game, but only if you choose any country instead of Japan. This problem appears when you use, for example, Claassen's updates.

Foss probably can answer better than me, but, I have no idea what's Kruj's file but of course you shouldn't use classen's update because classeen's file also cointains the japanese leagues, which goes in conflict with our file, probably

On 20/06/2017 at 10:28, TD9 said:

I can't click on "Club" on the sidebar as it takes me to the team selection team, rather than showing club information. I think this might be an issue with the Claasen DB as I remember this issue, I just wanted to check before I started a new game with a different club. I also couldn't select the advanced start date and had to start late in 2016 rather than the 2017 start date listed.

Not a bug. Sports Interactive has coded out the "Club" window for Japan. Doesn't have anything to do with Claasen's db. Just nonsense license restrictions.

Foss has came up with an idea on how to solve it with a workaround, we'll see if we can do it for the next release (which won't be anytime soon, the facepack is separate).

The second problem reported isn't a problem generated by our file instead.

not sure if this has been caught.

the database generates the following:

• 1394632069, Ha Dae-Sung. player already exists in the original dataset as 5709334, both are on the same team.
  • 1394632437, Baek Sung-Dong. player already exists in the original dataset as 66014617 on the correct team (suwon fc, not suwon bluewings).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived