Sports Interactive Community
Foss

[FM18] Japanese Football Pyramid (updated 28/7)

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but using the DB (the one that adds players, not the leagues) causes a small number of newgens from most other leagues to have Japanese names but not Japanese nationality....

8 minutes ago, will221996 said:

@Foss when will the 2018 season update come out?

After the 18.3.0 update has been released.

I have to recreate the players that moved to Japan between patches as they have been deleted. Will take one more day.

Edited by Foss

在 2018/3/12 在 PM10点04分, Foss说:

I have to recreate the players that moved to Japan between patches as they have been deleted. Will take one more day.

Did you finish it?  Wait for this and start the game

I saw your note about waiting 15 minutes for the game to get past the setup phase. It still seems to freeze when we are setting up the game, I waited 30 minutes but it didnt seem to progress at all.

Did the 15 minute thing depend on your computer speed and/or number of other leagues you have added?

在 2018/3/6 在 AM2点01分, Foss说:

I've been busy with other things recently but the file will be released in the next week.

do you finished it?

16 minutes ago, Foss said:

I apologize for the delay as I was swamped with coursework and had to struggle with a crashing issue that took over a week to finally figure out the cause. In any case, the files are here. I did a test run of five years without problems, although the slow initial load time is still present so you might have to wait a while before the game starts.
Some of the high school and university signings are missing since they haven't debuted in official games or have played less than 90 minutes but I'll be adding them in the next update.
Most of the managers in J1 and J2 are now filled with detailed tactical profiles to represent the way their field their teams in real life.

Download

Awesome!! 

Super! Time to start my post winter patch career save.

And you really don't have to apologize for something you do for free on your spare time. 

1 hour ago, Viking said:

Super! Time to start my post winter patch career save.

And you really don't have to apologize for something you do for free on your spare time. 

Hear, hear. Just a shame that too many people in today's entitled worldview evidently seem to disagree...

unfortunately, the game doesn't creates on this and last (24/11/17) version of the update. No crashdump, no freeze (process fm.exe works properly), loading just stands at Setting up game database and doesn't move :(

I'm sure that it's a conflict with some update, but I don't mind with which exactly...Continuing testing...

1 minute ago, steff13 said:

unfortunately, the game doesn't creates on this and last (24/11/17) version of the update. No crashdump, no freeze (process fm.exe works properly), loading just stands at Setting up game database and doesn't move :(

I'm sure that it's a conflict with some update, but I don't mind with which exactly...Continuing testing...

Sure it does'nt just take a very, very long time? It takes 30 minutes to set up a game on my high end computer. 

1 минуту назад, Viking сказал:

Sure it does'nt just take a very, very long time? It takes 30 minutes to set up a game on my high end computer. 

I don't know yet, maybe (because, also, I use all claassen's updates pack and dozen of another updates), but I don't have patience to wait so long :)  

now I'll test without two updates, that I suspect in conflict and then try again

PS my configuration is x3 2,4 ghz, 8gb ram, 2gb video 

3 minutes ago, steff13 said:

I don't know yet, maybe (because, also, I use all claassen's updates pack and dozen of another updates), but I don't have patience to wait so long :)  

now I'll test without two updates, that I suspect in conflict and then try again

PS my configuration is x3 2,4 ghz, 8gb ram, 2gb video 

Blimey all of claassens files at the same time are all on full detail, always thought about doing this but always thought would be too slow

Well, there is a known problem with starting a new game with this DB. As Foss wrote: "although the slow initial load time is still present so you might have to wait a while before the game starts". I can't say removing any of my 15 claassen files makes any difference to the setup speed.

Edited by Viking
Darn copy-paste mess.

ok, we'll see..but now i have to find a business for myself for the next hour or more :) 

I had the slow loading time issue first after importing the file from FM17 to FM18, then it disappeared and I'm not sure if it was because of something I did.
The problem returned when the game was patched a few months ago. I've tried sanitizing the file by manually removing old, failed changes without any effect.
Computer performance seemingly does not affect it as my setup is upper mid-range and interestingly enough the game itself runs just fine after the initial ordeal.

At this point I'm not exactly sure on how to go about fixing it, but it should be possible at the very least.

26 minutes ago, steff13 said:

oh, it was created, took only 55 minutes :) sorry for false alarm :)

It's unfortunate. I've had load times anywhere betweeen 25 and 45 minutes.

To clear any confusion about how promotion and relegation between J3 and JFL works, there's currently no relegation from J3 in real life and teams in JFL gain "promotion"  through satisfying various financial and sporting criteria. As this can't be represented in-game, J3 expands by one team every season until 22 teams after which promotion and relegation between the leagues opens up normally.

Small fix released that adds Ben Halloran to V-Varen Nagasaki and removes some duplicates.

Question about this one. If I activate this file, it seems to affect name generation in England. Hundreds of grey players in U18 squads with extremely Japanese names. Only affects England though, not even other UK countries. Any idea why that is?

19 hours ago, Blue Maniac said:

Question about this one. If I activate this file, it seems to affect name generation in England. Hundreds of grey players in U18 squads with extremely Japanese names. Only affects England though, not even other UK countries. Any idea why that is?

This is probably due to quite a few of the youth players having been created as duplicates. There was a related issue after one of the patches last year where some youngsters appeared as English because the duplication apparently didn't work properly and their nation field wasn't registered by the game during player generation. England seems to be the default nation if the field is empty and I suspect there are lingering players created as duplicates in the file that the game erroneously considers English, which in turn ends up "polluting" the newgen name pool with Japanese names.

I've reset every created Japanese player's nationality hopefully fixing this issue.

Edited by Foss

10 hours ago, Foss said:

This is probably due to quite a few of the youth players having been created as duplicates. There was a related issue after one of the patches last year where some youngsters appeared as English because the duplication apparently didn't work properly and their nation field wasn't registered by the game during player generation. England seems to be the default nation if the field is empty and I suspect there are lingering players created as duplicates in the file that the game erroneously considers English, which in turn ends up "polluting" the newgen name pool with Japanese names.

I've reset every created Japanese player's nationality hopefully fixing this issue.

Nice. I'll check it out. Great work either way.

17 hours ago, Foss said:

Does this require starting a new save?

Yes, and it also requires me uploading the fixed file which will happen in a couple of days as I'm creating the missing high school/university recruits.

mates, my facepack is not working on this version, maybe I'll try to fix it in couple of days.

2 hours ago, sergiohbk said:

I can't make it work, it gets stuck in creating new game 

There's an issue with the files that makes it take 30-60 minutes to create a new game.

I like this Japanese players update, good work!

But is there also a smaller version of this data update? It took so long to load and for me only the J-League 1 and J-League 2 players are interesting.

On 11/5/2016 at 10:02, zizou75016 said:

+1

Sup Foss! Love the work!

I have been refereeing in Japan at the JFL level for the past 2 years so I can help you a little with attendances or anything else you would like. I am also going to try to recreate the Prefectural League underneath the JFL and see if i Can get that running for you! if I can do it I will let you know and hopefully it will make your life easier. 

23 hours ago, Azami_Nene said:

UPDATE: Halfway through the prefectural leagues on the 9th level. translating all the team names to their proper names and current 2018 teams for the leagues. some of the prefectures don't even have the data on the websites to its taking a little while to get the stats. after i finnish this i will try to get player stats for the teams for you. but most of these might be impossible to get. after i finnish all of that. i will get you the information on all university leagues and u18 leagues. u18 is easy as it follows the senior hierarchy just named the prince league etc. hope this will help you out foss!

I have found 5 duplicated players. Can someone guide me on how to delete the doubles from the game through the editor? I tried, but nothing changed in game(new save obviously).

10 hours ago, <<Macaco-RJ88>> said:

I have found 5 duplicated players. Can someone guide me on how to delete the doubles from the game through the editor? I tried, but nothing changed in game(new save obviously).

Not sure. when I've finished my data collecting i'll try fixing it for foss. 

On 2018/4/5 at 15:08, steff13 said:

私のfacepackはこのバージョンで動作していない、多分私は数日でそれを修正しようとします。

I am looking forward to steff, your work, facepack

16 hours ago, <> said:

Would you be able to list the player names and the ID numbers of the players (for both examples of the same player). It would help Foss and other users who may want to do the same thing you are attempting.

Not sure how familiar you are with the editor, but generally when you look at the person in the editor there should be a delete option near the bottom right, I believe, of the editor. So after loading the main database and the editor data file from Foss, search for the player you want to delete, delete the player, and then save the data file. I think you could either save over Foss’ file or save an additional data file, in which you would load the edited saved over file or Foss’ + the additional file when starting a new game. I am not at my computer that has FM so I cannot be exact - apologies in advance. 

On 4/20/2018 at 15:21, Azami_Nene said:

UPDATE: Halfway through the prefectural leagues on the 9th level. translating all the team names to their proper names and current 2018 teams for the leagues. some of the prefectures don't even have the data on the websites to its taking a little while to get the stats. after i finnish this i will try to get player stats for the teams for you. but most of these might be impossible to get. after i finnish all of that. i will get you the information on all university leagues and u18 leagues. u18 is easy as it follows the senior hierarchy just named the prince league etc. hope this will help you out foss!

WOW.. Just WOW.! Just got the finnished all clubs and divisions of the 46 + 5 prefectures of japan for the 2018 season. now it's onto the cup competitions and how its run.