[FM18] Japanese Football Pyramid (updated 28/7)

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always tricky trying to add faces/graphics to entries not in the default database, as the UID in each save-game will vary depending on what editor data files are in place at the user's end, and therefore the config file is not guaranteed to map the right image to the right person...

16 hours ago, Viking said:

It all depends on wether you have added other players to the save. If you (IE the creator or anyone using this update) have another created player in the editor files that is loaded before the japanese players the whole sequense get messed up.

So if you have another database loaded, for example i have thailand and taiwan leagues from the steam workshop, then the face wont match up to the correct player?

2 minutes ago, oblongata21 said:

So if you have another database loaded, for example i have thailand and taiwan leagues from the steam workshop, then the face wont match up to the correct player?

Not exactly. It depends on if that database have added players outside the standard database. Mons explained it better in the post above yours.

1 minute ago, Viking said:

Not exactly. It depends on if that database have added players outside the standard database. Mons explained it better in the post above yours.

I think i get that, i added one player myself, and the faces were off. But i started the game again and I had the same issue. Thats why i thought the other leagues may have affected it. Its ok though, no huge deal, im just happy to have the Japanese league in the game!

One thing that might work is to make sure the Japan editor file is loaded first by renaming it something like 000japan (which only would work if you start a new save, obvious). It's also fairly easy to fix the config file yourself, abeit a bit time consuming, as all player UIDs will still be in sequence but some numbers off. IE, if you check a random Japanese (added) player UID in game, and it is for example 3 numbers higher than the number in the facepack config (like 555003 vs 555000), it's the same for all players in the facepack config. So you'd "only" have to add 3 (as in increase its value by 3) to all players UID in the config. A bit tediuos, but still...

13 minutes ago, Viking said:

Really? When does it crash? I am in August 2018 and really don't want this save to crash.

You should be fine as it happens in January 2018. Did you start your save before or after the hotfix?

1 minute ago, Viking said:

After, but I start my games in March 2018 so I guess that explains it. Probably will crash January 2019 for me, then.

Disabling JFL will fix it in any case.

Ive downloaded the file and dont see the JLeague itself (the premier league) all the others are there.. not sure if i have done something wrong (which is possible) any help?

*edit- i just need to change the names of the clubs in the JLeague. either in the editor or with a downloadable file 

22 hours ago, Viking said:

One thing that might work is to make sure the Japan editor file is loaded first by renaming it something like 000japan (which only would work if you start a new save, obvious). It's also fairly easy to fix the config file yourself, abeit a bit time consuming, as all player UIDs will still be in sequence but some numbers off. IE, if you check a random Japanese (added) player UID in game, and it is for example 3 numbers higher than the number in the facepack config (like 555003 vs 555000), it's the same for all players in the facepack config. So you'd "only" have to add 3 (as in increase its value by 3) to all players UID in the config. A bit tediuos, but still...

I dont have the patience for that lol, plus i already started again for the second time, just hoping it doesnt crash now.

On 11/22/2017 at 06:52, Steven Chou said:

Correct!!!    How to fix it???

I don't know, the only way to fix it is just to rename all the player faces ID, which I don't know how to do easily since it's over 800 files, I have the same problem as the other user (IDs is 6 higher in the facepack than in the database)

22 minutes ago, Viking said:

Well, they updated the game again... :D

The problem was most likely coincidental to the update, it is unlikely that new issues will appear.

22 minuti fa, td_1985 ha scritto:

Then you probably have other id's? Do you use other databases then this one? 

I do not use other databases, only some file editors like FMInside-Update or fusion db for italian series

On 2017-11-29 at 00:39, deivis10 said:

I had problems with crash dumps, on january 6th of 2018, choosing all the categories of the divisions of Japan, do you know any solution to this issue?

If you had read this thread you would have known what the problem is. Now read the thread again and see what to do with JFL. 

I started doing proper facepacks (updated, recent photos with actual 180x180 size) for myself. I'll share with you guys once I finish the J1 and then I'll start J2. I plan to keep updating the faces for future releases of the J-League DB.

I'll keep you guys posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently having the same issue as the above poster, and have had so ever since 18.2.0. Already existing games run fine, but when trying to start a new game with either the league or database files enabled, the game simply gets stuck roughly a quarter of the way through "Setting Up Game Database" and forces a shutdown of FM18 from Task Manager.

A fix would be greatly appreciated, seeing as it's a fantastic piece of work and it's a bloody shame to not be able to use it.

There's already a "fix", but it's not a perfect one. The game doesn't actually freeze up but getting past the first quarter takes quite a while, around 15 minutes for myself.
As to why this happens I don't know yet, but cutting the load time back to a reasonable length is a priority.

17 小時前, Foss說:

There's already a "fix", but it's not a perfect one. The game doesn't actually freeze up but getting past the first quarter takes quite a while, around 15 minutes for myself.
As to why this happens I don't know yet, but cutting the load time back to a reasonable length is a priority.

okay, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to add facepack by yourself, go to this website there is a lot player faces, but only in J1, save picture as .png and save it manually as players ID on J1. you need to look each players UID. there are 502 player faces i found from that website, and when your download is finished, you need to resize them in image editor tools such as Photoshop or GIMP, resize it to 180x180 px.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2017 at 17:32, td_1985 said:

for those of you who had the same issue as me with the facepack (all ID's are 6 lower), hereby my pack: https://ufile.io/bwnvx.

Of course all credits go to steff13, I simply modified the ID's (and edited/added some pictures).

Ca you please reupload this my friend? The fil is only avaiable for premmium users :( 

Is there a tool that allows you to change multiple file names all at once? All that needs to be done to make the pictures correct is to reduce the file numbers by 6, but it's far to tedious to do it manually. A program should be able to do it in seconds. Anyone know one capable?

Archived