Sports Interactive Community
Foss

[FM18] Japanese Football Pyramid (updated 28/7)

Been using this db for  a long time in last FM. I bought FM19, but waiting until I start my first FM19 game until this one is up to date. It just feels a lot better with a realistic Japan db. I hope one day SI will be able to cut a deal for the Japan license. IMO, Japan is essential. Maybe even more than China.

16 hours ago, CrowBar said:

Been using this db for  a long time in last FM. I bought FM19, but waiting until I start my first FM19 game until this one is up to date. It just feels a lot better with a realistic Japan db. I hope one day SI will be able to cut a deal for the Japan license. IMO, Japan is essential. Maybe even more than China.

Im the same, it doesnt seem right without Japan in the game. Its a big league and recently has been attracting big name players like Iniesta and Torres. Iam playing though, just at a low level where i cant afford to scout asia lol.

Agree completely; I never understand all the B.S that has gone on with the whole ripping out Japan completely from the game.  Surely a agreement of sorts could be worked out? or a way around it like with the German players after all these years.  Moist annoyingly any Australian players who play there aren't in the database at all which is ridiculous.  Anyway I'm looking forward to having it back soon.

The reason being is more difficult than just licensing issues. the J.League License is only sold to ONE company under strict guidelines. DAZN for outside Japan and Sky Perfect TV! (might have changed this season) for inside Japan. 

Konami had the Digital License, Now FIFA has it as they were the highest bidder, as Japan isn't in the FIFA players database, like how with Brazil clubs have the right to sell licenses individual and national players have the right on whether they want their information to be used.

With Japan the JFA have the complete rights. and with the Match Record sheets filled out in Japanese with only the player names in English, It is incredibly hard to get contract information.

SI don't have the budget to buy this league, because it would cost them more than it's worth.

11 minutes ago, Azami_Nene said:

The reason being is more difficult than just licensing issues. the J.League License is only sold to ONE company under strict guidelines. DAZN for outside Japan and Sky Perfect TV! (might have changed this season) for inside Japan. ......

So paying for it is out of the question.

But SI could create a fake Japan db? Couldn't they? Just let us delete it and/or change the names. That's it. 

19 minutes ago, CrowBar said:

So paying for it is out of the question.

But SI could create a fake Japan db? Couldn't they? Just let us delete it and/or change the names. That's it. 

they can't because of their arrangement with FIFA. you know the japanese, if it's not perfect then you can't have it at all

I am actually moving there permanently in december as I am getting married and I will be a referee at the JFL league! so i might be able to get some inside knowledge for you guys!

How's the update going? Looking forward to starting a save with Japan. Game never feels right with this update missing

Hopefully we have soon the Database with Japan to play that huge league :lock:

I’ve tried to get the 2018 dB file working but haven’t been able to do so... anyone else had any luck and if so, would anyone be able to share it?

Cheers

Ben

On 25/10/2018 at 12:43, Kayyuenfm said:

Dear Foss, 

I have converted your files as XML file and put into fm19 editor data file.  

I got stuck in the fm19 loading screen for hours, I suppose it's not working, need to wait for the full release?

Hi, how did you convert the players database to an XML? Every time I export it from the editor it creates a .DBC file?

Is it just me or does almost no formation/tactic work with this addon?  Not even the cheat tactics work.  I'm playing in Sweden (Malmö FF) and it took me days to find a tactic that could beat IFK Göteborg,  Maybe I'm alone in this, I don't think I've seen anyone mention anything about this problem in the thread.

2 hours ago, necrotog said:

Is it just me or does almost no formation/tactic work with this addon?  Not even the cheat tactics work.  I'm playing in Sweden (Malmö FF) and it took me days to find a tactic that could beat IFK Göteborg,  Maybe I'm alone in this, I don't think I've seen anyone mention anything about this problem in the thread.

Why would a file with the japanese leagues affect the tactis between two swedish clubs?

21 hours ago, cruyff14 said:

Hi, how did you convert the players database to an XML? Every time I export it from the editor it creates a .DBC file?

Load the file you want to export as .xml

In FM18 editor -> Settings -> Uncheck "Compress Editor Data Files" -> File -> Export -> Done.

46 minutes ago, CrowBar said:

Load the file you want to export as .xml

In FM18 editor -> Settings -> Uncheck "Compress Editor Data Files" -> File -> Export -> Done.

Cheers, figured it out in the end last night.

7 hours ago, Viking said:

Why would a file with the japanese leagues affect the tactis between two swedish clubs?

Good question, because the same tactics work just fine on a different game without this addon.

On 02/11/2018 at 17:13, Foss said:

I've got the file working fine and without any long periods of waiting time, so I suggest you just wait for my official release.
Just two issues to iron out: a handful of missing players and staff to re-add and fix the fact that every player is now bald.

Is every player being bald an ingame issue? Or is it noticable in the editor too?

I ask because I was testing a personally converted file (today) from FM18 editor to .xml to importing in FM19 editor. And I didn't notice any excessive bald players when I checked several Japanese players in the league. Everything was imported fine with hair and such from FM18 editor.

That is, at this point I still have to check ingame to see what it looks like.

Edited by CrowBar

3 hours ago, necrotog said:

Good question, because the same tactics work just fine on a different game without this addon.

The answer is: it wouldn't. Editor files don't mess with the match engine.

Even if someone worked out how to get the FM 18 files to work in FM 19 that would hold me for the time being.

On 06/11/2018 at 17:06, Azami_Nene said:

I am actually moving there permanently in december as I am getting married and I will be a referee at the JFL league! so i might be able to get some inside knowledge for you guys!

Good luck man, sure maybe you could talk to some of the J-League officials and let them know how popular this game is haha!

2 hours ago, sdb4884 said:

Even if someone worked out how to get the FM 18 files to work in FM 19 that would hold me for the time being.

It's working fine. Just tested it ingame, and yes: all the added Japanese players are bald (not the foreigners, for some odd reason) as a bug.

If you can live with Japanese players in the J-leagues being bald in 3D mode, then it's all fine.

Just as the creator mentioned, some players/staff are still missing and transfers are not up to date yet. For example Fernando Torres has been deleted in SI db, so must be created again.

1 minute ago, CrowBar said:

It's working fine. Just tested it ingame, and yes: all the added Japanese players are bald (not the foreigners, for some odd reason) as a bug.

If you can live with Japanese players in the J-leagues being bald in 3D mode, then it's all fine.

Just as the creator mentioned, some players/staff are still missing and transfers are not up to date yet. For example Fernando Torres has been deleted in SI db, so must be created again.

Ok good to know thanks

I also noticed that there are quite some duplicate players too. Because some that were added by SI after the player returned to a team outside Japan.

Such as Nikola Vasiljevic (BATE Borisov), So probably best to stick around until the official release is done in any case.

If you go to FM Scout website there is a Japanese leagues and players editor file just released. Not sure how good it is as I've not had the chance to download it yet.

The league structure seems to work on the FMScout file, but some of the player data is well out. For example, Shunsuke Nakamura has 7 for free kick taking. I know he is 40, but his free kick taking should still be north of 15 if not higher. Think I will wait for Foss' version. Foss, thanks for the work over the years. 

Also meant to add, the player histories are not all in the FMScout file either, e.g Nakamura has no record of playing in Europe at all. His caps and goals for Japan are correct, but no record of anything else. Torres and Iniesta do have histories. Seems like many of the players were added with basic information like name, dob, caps etc. Not having a go at the guys who made it but the attention to detail is definitely not there. 

2 minutes ago, joe5p said:

Also meant to add, the player histories are not all in the FMScout file either, e.g Nakamura has no record of playing in Europe at all. His caps and goals for Japan are correct, but no record of anything else. Torres and Iniesta do have histories. Seems like many of the players were added with basic information like name, dob, caps etc. Not having a go at the guys who made it but the attention to detail is definitely not there. 

I have converted Foss' Japanese players data to fm19

with his permission I will share it

11 minutes ago, cruyff14 said:

I have converted Foss' Japanese players data to fm19

with his permission I will share it

I assume you didn't edit the duplicated players? It's most definitely not plug and play ready. Too many duplicated players to solve first, and finding them is tedious. Missing players I am somewhat willing to look the other way, but duplicated players are just too much to influence the game experience.

Apparently the imported players being bald is a bug within FM19 itself. Every created player with medium hair is bald.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/455666-my-created-players-are-all-bald/

1 hour ago, CrowBar said:

I assume you didn't edit the duplicated players? It's most definitely not plug and play ready. Too many duplicated players to solve first, and finding them is tedious. Missing players I am somewhat willing to look the other way, but duplicated players are just too much to influence the game experience.

Yeah that's a problem also no Torres

I don't even know how to search duplicates. I get all the Japanese players up but can't see duplicates What am I not doing right?

13 hours ago, cruyff14 said:

Yeah that's a problem also no Torres

I don't even know how to search duplicates. I get all the Japanese players up but can't see duplicates What am I not doing right?

There is no real easy way to see duplicates (not that I know of). What I did was cross reference all the transfers last summer from Japan or to Japan on the transfermarkt website with the Japan file loaded in the editor. And in several cases you'll find (mostly) non-Japanese players been transfered within a licensed competition in SI FM19 db. Thus SI readded those players, in several cases leaving a duplicate in the Japan db file because there it was newly created back when SI deleted the players because of the player playing in Japan. When you look up the name in db, you'll find two identical players with different ID. Usually the lower ID is the one SI added back, thus having to delete the one from Japan db and save the file.

Also in some cases the Japan db removed a recent transfer, while it was already up to date in the FM19 SI db. Ben Halloran who plays in Australia, but if you import the Japanese db, he is still in Japan.

Edited by CrowBar

25 minutes ago, CrowBar said:

There is no real easy way to see duplicates (not that I know of). What I did was cross referencedall the transfers last summer from Japan or to Japan on the transfermarkt website with the Japan file loaded in the editor. And in several cases you'll find (mostly) non-Japanese players been transfered within a licensed competition in SI FM19 db. Thus SI readded those players, in several cases leaving a duplicate in the Japan db file because there it was newly created back when SI deleted the players because of the player playing in Japan. When you look up the name in db, you'll find two identical players with different ID. Usually the lower ID is the one SI added back, thus having to delete the one from Japan db and save the file.

Also in some cases the Japan db removed a recent transfer, while it was already up to date in the FM19 SI db. Ben Halloran who plays in Australia, but if you import the Japanese db, he is still in Japan.

Okay cool, I'll give it a whirl, thanks

Oh, hold your horses. I'm releasing in a couple of days.

52 minutes ago, Foss said:

Alrighty then, will hold off on editing any further :). Take your time.

BTW: As I was delving into the file itself, I noticed a spelling error on one player within the Japan DB I just happened to notice that one while looking at transfermarkt, I didn't look for errors deliberately.

Chaowat Weerachart should be Chaowat Veerachat  (https://www.transfermarkt.com/chaowat-veerachat/profil/spieler/345805)

Edited by CrowBar

Weerachart is the romanization used for the original player in the Thai database.

1 hour ago, Foss said:

Weerachart is the romanization used for the original player in the Thai database.

Ah, I see. Disregard my comment.

3 hours ago, Foss said:

Haha. Such an impatient bunch us FM players...

Take your time dude.

Oh it's the first time in years I had a play around with the editor and found myself quite immersed. Might have to find some data to do.

@Foss You won't have to do anything about the bald player issue. I just read the issue is under review by the devs, so it's matter of time before they patch it. It affects "medium hairstyle".

6 hours ago, CrowBar said:

@Foss You won't have to do anything about the bald player issue. I just read the issue is under review by the devs, so it's matter of time before they patch it. It affects "medium hairstyle".

Yes, this is correct. I changed every medium hairstyle to short for the time being so it won't look as silly while it's fixed.

On 13/11/2018 at 20:06, Foss said:

Before the weekend?

I'll be creating the FM19 topic in the next 30 minutes.

23 minutes ago, Foss said:

I'll be creating the FM19 topic in the next 30 minutes.

Exciting evening. Netherlands beating France 2-0. And the Japan db coming.

Couldn't be a better evening.