[FM18] Japanese Football Pyramid (updated 28/7)

If you guys want I can help out with the facepacks since I already started making some for myself. As a long time J-League fan, I'd be more than happy to help you guys out with the project. PM me if you guys need help!

Regards

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
On 06/07/2017 at 04:42, frayed said:

not sure if this has been caught.

the database generates the following:

• 1394632069, Ha Dae-Sung. player already exists in the original dataset as 5709334, both are on the same team.
  • 1394632437, Baek Sung-Dong. player already exists in the original dataset as 66014617 on the correct team (suwon fc, not suwon bluewings).

You say this is noted, but any new file that fixed this.

Very curious since I loaded your file in the editor, deleted these players but the "new" Japan Master File doesn't work. The game crash without any message while trying to set-up a new career. Never seen this before, and yes NO other DBs are loaded.  

I know the FM18 is just around the corner but it would SUPER if this old FM17 file is as correct as it could be, AND work without doubles.

Just to be extra clear I tried also to retire Ha Dae-Sung and I am using 17.3.2 FM2017 version. It works OK until I try to edit anything, then it makes the game crash. What came to my attention was that even if it includes a full new setup on the league not any possibility to Test and Verify the file. Reason ?

I normally know my way around editing (even adv version) so this bothers me.

I was able to re-create all the players that were deleted with the conversion from FM17, but currently I have to figure out what's causing the game to crash when loading the database, so release will be delayed until that's sorted.

I don't know if it was like this in previous editions, but in FM18 even the players loaned abroad by japanese teams aren't present in the game. We'll have to be on the lookout for possible doubles in countries where the researchers might have added them to the teams they are loaned to so that they would appear in the ODB.

Can't wait for the database, I never start my main save without it :)

The file is out now and should work for FM18. Installation instructions are to put the editor data and graphics folders into your Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018 folder and the japan folder into <your Steam installation>/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2018/data/database/db/1810/lnc. Reports of duplicates and missing players/transfers are greatly appreciated. It should be noted that on lower-end machines you might experience a longer loading time than usual when starting your game.

11 hours ago, Foss said:

The file is out now and should work for FM18. Installation instructions are to put the editor data and graphics folders into your Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018 folder and the japan folder into <your Steam installation>/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2018/data/database/db/1810/lnc. Reports of duplicates and missing players/transfers are greatly appreciated. It should be noted that on lower-end machines you might experience a longer loading time than usual when starting your game.

1810 is not in my map. i have 1800. do i put it in here?

Hi Foss - Thanks for this - excellent work!

There appears to be a long term issue in the JFL (4th tier) from the 22/23 season.  A team ends up playing no games and being relegated straight away, as below (note - I know one of the pictures blocks out the full info, but as you can see, the team at the bottom have played 0 games);

1.thumb.png.8dc616ac09983244f6ac8e8480ec5084.png3.thumb.png.df7a995d93ea14cd1830c12fdfb960f0.png2.thumb.png.97032130b0efcf941e673e57d8529f08.png

Where do you put the separate Japan - League.fmf and Japan - DB.fmf files? The instructions only refer to folders, but when I download the pack I also get those files not in folders, and not doing anything with them just makes my FM18 crash on the start screen. I know it's this add-on causing the problem, as I've stripped out all the add-ons to leave the game in 'vanilla' state, then added updates one by one, and with all except this Japan one back in, it's still working. Anyone able to help? Thanks guys

4 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Hi Foss - Thanks for this - excellent work!

There appears to be a long term issue in the JFL (4th tier) from the 22/23 season.  A team ends up playing no games and being relegated straight away, as below (note - I know one of the pictures blocks out the full info, but as you can see, the team at the bottom have played 0 games);

Thanks, this was because of a one-off error in the number of teams for seasons past 2022. I've uploaded the file with the competition fixed now.

4 hours ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Where do you put the separate Japan - League.fmf and Japan - DB.fmf files? The instructions only refer to folders, but when I download the pack I also get those files not in folders, and not doing anything with them just makes my FM18 crash on the start screen. I know it's this add-on causing the problem, as I've stripped out all the add-ons to leave the game in 'vanilla' state, then added updates one by one, and with all except this Japan one back in, it's still working. Anyone able to help? Thanks guys

Sorry, those files were duplicates that weren't intended to be in the download. You can safely delete them.

17 minutes ago, doom_master said:

Btw, I've noticed that the J3 doesn't have a relegation spot, while the JFL has one promotion spot. That means that each year there will be one more team in the J3. Is it supposed to be like this?

Yes, J3 expands to a 22 team league in the game. In reality, there is no promotion or relegation between J3 and JFL, instead clubs apply for licenses to play in J3 and so far the league has expanded with at least one team at the end of every season. The system in place is to represent this and after the 2021 season J3 stops expanding and relegation spots open up normally.

8 minutes ago, Foss said:

Yes, J3 expands to a 22 team league in the game. In reality, there is no promotion or relegation between J3 and JFL, instead clubs apply for licenses to play in J3 and so far the league has expanded with at least one team at the end of every season. The system in place is to represent this and after the 2021 season J3 stops expanding and relegation spots open up normally.

I've read about that afterwards. Great job :)

4 minutes ago, PaMi 7 said:

Why anymore answwer me?

I asked if in this file is available the club information screen: can I have an answer please?

No. It cannot be done.

I've collected facepack from the worldfootball.com website during waiting the facepack from Foss and other authors. It's not ideal, size is wrong (150x150 instead of 180x180, but you won't notice that in game), sometimes there're no collars, but, anyway, it's better then nothing. Summary 588 pictures. Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x3ynkq1nxkdvk1j/japan+facepack.rar

2 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

This file contains real players? Or just the league structure is real?
Does it take anything extra for this to work? I ask this because I saw some people talking about using yours plus classen file

There are two files, one for league structure, the other for the players and staff.

No, it doesn't need anything else.

Just now, oblongata21 said:

There is no profile for the japanese clubs under the overview tab, the one that shows the captains and past league positions etc. Is it supposed to be like that or did i do something wrong?

no, it's known issue and there're no ways to solve it.

I was able to subvert the built-in restrictions of the club information screens by swapping Japan with another nation, but there were problems where the swapped nations played in the wrong continental competitions. To fix this problem I would have to recreate the continental qualifiers in Asia which would be a hassle.

3 hours ago, nkunku said:

If i already have Real Name -files by Susie, do i still have to use the japan-file?

This file enables the Japanese leagues, and creates new players. My file enables the Japanese national team to select real players.

Both files work happily alongside each other and as far as I'm concerned, this is an essential file - thanks @Foss for your work!

1 hour ago, samuraiblue1234567 said:

I tried, and was unable to get it to work. Could you provide me with instructions as to how to do it? Sorry and thank you for your time. 

Did the files not show up in the editor data selection screen in-game? Installation paths should be the same on both Mac and Windows.

Archived