Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, just found this out and thought I would share my happiness with you all

 

I play for a team in Division One in Western Australia and have somehow found my way into the game (Western Knights SC if you wish to look for me)

I am completely stunned as to how I am in and how they knew I was a Spurs fan and spoke greek and such.

 

Absolutely amazed and I certainly will be signing myself every save I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, KillerRoo said:

 

I am completely stunned as to how I am in and how they knew I was a Spurs fan and spoke greek and such.

You know that stunning 21 year old blonde you were getting along so well with on Facebook and hoped to marry one day?

Yeah, that was Miles.  

Congrats though. ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually don't have FM17 yet I was just told by a friend so I can screenshot my stats 

 

I'm Jason if anyone wants to have a look and let me know.

I heard I have high pace which is somewhat true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably very useful at that level. Do you really attempt overhead kicks often?

Funnily enough I have a mate playing in Western Australia who first made it into FM a while ago playing in the UK, but (as of the FM16 database) the local researcher seemed to have done a pretty thorough job of updating and downgrading him, so kudos to the Western Australian researchers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Probably very useful at that level. Do you really attempt overhead kicks often?

Funnily enough I have a mate playing in Western Australia who first made it into FM a while ago playing in the UK, but (as of the FM16 database) the local researcher seemed to have done a pretty thorough job of updating and downgrading him, so kudos to the Western Australian researchers.

 

Might know who you are talking about.

Yeah I don't normally go for overhead kicks but i've tried before 

In my friend's save my pace was a higher

 

Wonder how I'll do when i sign myself for Tottenham first team

 

 

Also could someone be a lad and screenshot my brother's stats, hes keen to find out his. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KillerRoo said:

Might know who you are talking about.

Yeah I don't normally go for overhead kicks but i've tried before 

In my friend's save my pace was a higher

 

Wonder how I'll do when i sign myself for Tottenham first team

 

 

Also could someone be a lad and screenshot my brother's stats, hes keen to find out his. Cheers

Wonder how they found out u are a fan of spurs etc. I imagine the researched stalked u to find out u manage spurs in fm. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations.

Are the wages accurate? If so, pretty darn good for that level. 

I had a friend who was a professional (very low rating and reputation unfortunately) in the earlier FMs (I think 09 or 10) and I would sign him up for every team I managed in my journeyman game. He had decent physical attributes and half-decent technical attributes so made for a decent-ish fullback. I would update him every now and then with how he would be doing in the game since he didn't play FM. When I got the job at Barcelona, I brought him with me. Couldn't stop laughing as the fans were questioning my transfer policies, saying what a terrible player, terrible deal etc. I couldn't leave my friend behind though. Loyalty! ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A boyhoods dream. Far beyond my reach at 42 I'm afraid...

I could make a wild guess as to how FM assumed you spoke Greek though, ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Arkim said:

Congratulations.

Are the wages accurate? If so, pretty darn good for that level. 

I had a friend who was a professional (very low rating and reputation unfortunately) in the earlier FMs (I think 09 or 10) and I would sign him up for every team I managed in my journeyman game. He had decent physical attributes and half-decent technical attributes so made for a decent-ish fullback. I would update him every now and then with how he would be doing in the game since he didn't play FM. When I got the job at Barcelona, I brought him with me. Couldn't stop laughing as the fans were questioning my transfer policies, saying what a terrible player, terrible deal etc. I couldn't leave my friend behind though. Loyalty! ;)

Cost of living is considerably higher in Australia than the UK, and wages accordingly reflect that.

When I was working there at 19 with no experience fresh out of school, I was being paid $20 AUS an hour plus commission for a sales role. At the time it was the equivalent of about £13 an hour plus my sales comms. Minimum wage in the UK was around £6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wages reflect some players for sure but not me, wish I was earning that for training twice a week!

 

yeah I'm really not sure how they knew I supported Spurs as only really my friends know that, I don't really display it on Facebook or anything of the sort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted for you KillerRoo. Hey you might want to ease off the tinnies of Fosters and the barbies to up your natural fitness :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is crazy cool ... only thing is, KillerRoo, you're supporting the wrong club ... should be Liverpool ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm certainty not the fittest person but I sure can last 90minutes

 

in the process of Preseason too so hopefully we will shed some of those KGs ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Delighted for you KillerRoo. Hey you might want to ease off the tinnies of Fosters and the barbies to up your natural fitness :-)

With a balance of 4 it won't take too many tinnies for him to be wobbling all over the place. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KillerRoo said:

Wages reflect some players for sure but not me, wish I was earning that for training twice a week!

 

yeah I'm really not sure how they knew I supported Spurs as only really my friends know that, I don't really display it on Facebook or anything of the sort

Possible that someone you were chatting with around the ground sometime is actually a researcher for SI?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KillerRoo said:

 

 

Also could someone be a lad and screenshot my brother's stats, hes keen to find out his. Cheers

Here is your brother, Nick

HiWb0K1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very cool, congratulations!

Now about those fitness, stamina and work rate stats :) Combine dramatic improvement there, with your natural leadership, decision making, long shots and all round pace and I might be interested in signing you for Stirling. Will get scout reports in the mean time and I'm sure we will all have another look in FM18!

Best of luck in your preseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just trying imagine "Software development manager" with me and other folks having attributes like Creativity, Professionalism, Work rate, "Dreads working on big projects", "Tries to use libraries wherever possible" and others. Kinda weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have FM17 and I can't find Jason anywhere (checked all of the players on the Australian white knights)... is there something I have to update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

^ the 'fit' one in the family ;-)

Yeah, without a doubt...

1 hour ago, 0sprey said:

So I have FM17 and I can't find Jason anywhere (checked all of the players on the Australian white knights)... is there something I have to update?

Do you have the Australian database loaded?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 0sprey said:

So I have FM17 and I can't find Jason anywhere (checked all of the players on the Australian white knights)... is there something I have to update?

Have you tried typing his name directly in the search bar? Also, it may just be a typo from your end, but it's the Western Knights, not the White Knights, so you may have been looking at the wrong team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's awesome.  I couldn't quite get the title at first, I thought you just really enjoyed it.  Did not expect you meant it literally.  I'll sign you for sure when I get the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sky said:

That's awesome.  I couldn't quite get the title at first, I thought you just really enjoyed it.  Did not expect you meant it literally.  I'll sign you for sure when I get the game.

Ahaha cheers man! no promises i'll be able to perform not sure what my PA is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2016 at 19:42, enigmatic said:

Probably very useful at that level. Do you really attempt overhead kicks often?

Funnily enough I have a mate playing in Western Australia who first made it into FM a while ago playing in the UK, but (as of the FM16 database) the local researcher seemed to have done a pretty thorough job of updating and downgrading him, so kudos to the Western Australian researchers.

 

Thanks. 
 

What club is your mate at? 

Edited by StridentCorn90
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great stuff, looks like your carrying a pot belly by looking at your stats.  Time to shape up (joke)

grats mate, The game is so real people are thinking about it everywhere they go.

enjoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...