Nation Setup Screen

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2016 at 01:23, vasilli07 said:

The recommended nations to include for your save.

In what sense? Is it that these nations have some kind of enhanced game play compared to the other nations or is it that they are simply popular leagues to play?

I was thinking of playing the Hungarian league but this doesn't have a star next to it. I would be interested to know why the league of Ireland (which does have a star) is recommended over leagues in Hungary, Turkey or Denmark.

29 minutes ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

It is based on the team you chose as your favourite team. So if you picked an English team, Ireland will get a star as a neighbouring country, and also, because of Brexit, one of the few countries left that you can sign a player from without the need of a work permit.

But I won't select a favourite team until I've completed the first stage of the game setup, which is selecting the nations you wish to play in.

Selecting your favourite team doesn't come until the manager profile step which after the league setup.

Or am I getting something wrong?

It's linked to the nation you going to manage in rather than your favourite team. If you choose England, then the game will recommend nations like Ireland, Wales and etc. If you manage in Russia, then they will recommend the Eastern European countries like Ukraine. It's probably because of the transfer market.

11 minutes ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

When you start the game for the first time(before even selecting to start a new game or the menu appears) the game asks you to create your manager.

This is what it is based on.

I am seriously confused.

Once the game has loaded, the first thing it asks me to do is to select the type of game I want to play. I select career and then it asks me to select a club to manage. I choose advanced settings and this brings me to the nation setup screen. Once I have selected my leagues, I am then given the chance to enter in my manager details and select my favourite team, formation etc. 

Sorry mate, getting confused there. This is for full FM, I didn't realise this was the FMT forum, just saw the topic on the sidebar.

If this isn't working right, you should probably report it as a bug. It sounds as though the game is recommending countries based on England no matter which nation you choose.

This should be the recommended nations if you are starting a game in Russia. Anyway, sometimes you have to do it twice if you don't get the recommended nations you think should be in. This normally happens if you don't select a club of the nation you are managing in 1st.

Football Manager Touch 2017_  New Game.png

50 minutes ago, vasilli07 said:

This should be the recommended nations if you are starting a game in Russia. Anyway, sometimes you have to do it twice if you don't get the recommended nations you think should be in. This normally happens if you don't select a club of the nation you are managing in 1st.

Football Manager Touch 2017_  New Game.png

I actually feel we are finally getting somewhere!

I've just noticed that my setup screen has a very small tick next to England. Even when I deselect England as a starting nation, the tick appears - and it must be this which is influencing which other nations has a star next to it.

On your screen, are you able to deselect this tick? I see you have one next to Russia.

@DaveFairbairn - not a problem. Thanks for trying to help out.

You have to select the nation/club that you want to start your career in the start screen(just before the 1 shown above). If not, it will not recommend the nations. You can't do it at the screen above as it won't 'reset' the nation/club that you selected in the start screen.

38 minutes ago, vasilli07 said:

You have to select the nation/club that you want to start your career in the start screen(just before the 1 shown above). If not, it will not recommend the nations. You can't do it at the screen above as it won't 'reset' the nation/club that you selected in the start screen.

Stop the press.... I have just figured this out!

I know it was painful at times but I'm grateful to you all for sticking with me. I will dedicate my first cup win to you all ?

Cheers.

Archived