Sports Interactive Community
Braumiller

FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

24 minutes ago, BrianMunich said:

I've just finished 2022/23, still in Jupiler League with Amsterdamsche, (haven't been doing updates, as whizzing through seasons) .Due to the terrible ability, and awful mental determination of the most of the existing squad, I've been putting any youth teamer that has potential and better determination in straight away. Often there is a better rated 'senior' player by my assman, but sooner or later I won't renew their contract, so no point playing them. 

First few seasons were painful, with a comparatively poor team to the rest of the league, doubled with terrible determination (only about 2 players in squad with above 10). Only really now a mid-table finishes are happening (2021/22 8th, lost in play-off first round)(2022/23, 15th place), 90% of the squad next season will be youth players, and average age is probably around 18! So not too worried about promotion just yet, it will naturally happen soon enough as the youth-team players become 'senior' and I have a team that eventually outgrows the league and gets promoted. For now, as long as I'm not getting relegated, is development games.    

Thanks for the answer.

Enjoy your mid-table finishes and watching your team grow in the coming seasons:)

1 hour ago, BrianMunich said:

I've just finished 2022/23, still in Jupiler League with Amsterdamsche, (haven't been doing updates, as whizzing through seasons) .Due to the terrible ability, and awful mental determination of the most of the existing squad, I've been putting any youth teamer that has potential and better determination in straight away. Often there is a better rated 'senior' player by my assman, but sooner or later I won't renew their contract, so no point playing them. 

First few seasons were painful, with a comparatively poor team to the rest of the league, doubled with terrible determination (only about 2 players in squad with above 10). Only really now a mid-table finishes are happening (2021/22 8th, lost in play-off first round)(2022/23, 15th place), 90% of the squad next season will be youth players, and average age is probably around 18! So not too worried about promotion just yet, it will naturally happen soon enough as the youth-team players become 'senior' and I have a team that eventually outgrows the league and gets promoted. For now, as long as I'm not getting relegated, is development games.    

It took me until 2027, so you're not the only one. You're updates have made me want to continue this save, so once I get my laptop fixed, I'll join you in struggling through the Netherlands. 

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Dutch Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                  Most Assists                                      Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)                                           Tol (7.07) 
2018/19   Jupiler League    19th        4th Round      Basic                  Poor                 Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (17)                    van der Meiracker (7)                             van der Meiracker (6.97)   
2019/20   Jupiler League    18th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Adequate            Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (13)                    Oostinjen (10)                                    Custovic (7.09)  
2020/21   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (14)                    Tol (7)                                           van der Heijden (01e) (6.98)  
2021/22   Jupiler League    19th        3rd Round      Adequate               Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (9)   van Berlo (02a) (5)                               Veerman (7.06)  
2022/23   Jupiler League    16th        3rd Round      Average                Below Average        Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (16)                    Oostinjen (8)                                     Oostinjen/van der Wal (03b) (6.91)  
2023/24   Jupiler League    16th        4th Round      Good                   Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (14)  Oostinjen/Taylan (03a) (6)                        van der Wal (03b) (7.06) 
2024/25   Jupiler League    7th         2nd Round      Impressive             Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (15)  Bergkamp (06b) (9)                                Kujipers (04e) (7.22)
2025/26   Jupiler League    11th        4th Round      Impressive             Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        N/A                    van Staa (07b) (24)         van Staa (07b)/van der Wal (03b) (7)              van Staa (07b) (7.13)
2026/27   Jupiler League    1st         4th Round      Excellent              Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        Promotion              Şerifoğlu (08b) (15)        Şerifoğlu (08b)/Lammers (08a)/Bergkamp (06b) (10) Ruijmgaart (06d) (7.38)
2027/28   Eredivisie        14th        2nd Round      Excellent              Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    van Staa (07b) (12)         Lammers (08a)/van Staa (07b) (7)                  van Staa (07b) (6.99)
2028/29   Eredivisie        10th        Qtr Finals     Superb                 Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    van Staa (07b) (24)         Lammers (08a) (12)                                van Staa (07b) (7.18)  
2029/30   Eredivisie        13th        4th Round      State of the Art       Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    Şerifoğlu (08b) (22)        Lammers (08a) (11)                                van Staa (07b) (7.12) 

5 hours ago, andershs said:

[...]

I don't know if this is the correct place, but how do you handle introducing the regens?

From the nature of this challenge, at least for the first seasons, one could be more or less forced to play very young regens regularly. There seem to be different opinions on whether a regen should be allowed to develop on the u-teams until 17-18 years of age before receiving regular first team football.

That depends. if i am fighting for promotion or against relegation or for the euro spots i'll try to play my best players. But if two players are similar i play the one with the higher potential. If i am in mid-table or especially at the end of the season i have nothing to fight for, i try to play as many youngsters with high potential as possible.

And at the end: the players need to perform. If a young talent with good enough skills and high potential doesn't play good and makes a lot of mistakes, he goes back to the youth team and needs to prove himself there again. if someone has a string of impressive youth games he gets a chance in the first team.

Anyone noticed that if you get the latest transfers/league update and go to the german league you can get 1860 Munich for this challenge :D Even if you don't allow it for this year - I think it will have a lot of people doing it on FM18 :)

Yeah I saw that, will defiantly give that a go!

I'll try NK Imotski in Croatia though. Their ground is built around a rock face, and love the idea of pestering the board into developing the stadium for it to become the designs below...

Image result for Stadion Gospin Dolac

Image result for sv spakenburg

SV Spakenburg - 2030/31

Eredivisie | League Table | Dutch Cup | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Best 11 

Oh man, I did not remeber what I was walking into. Basically, I picked up the save in the middle of the season after not playing for a few months and almost threw and barely survived relegation. If not for the start of the season, we'd have been done for after only winning 2 of the final 21 matches. Throughout the season we managed to ship 80 goals, for an average of 2.35 a game. Very hard to win with figures like that. If not for our attack to occasionally make up for our lack of defense, it would have looked much worse. Hopefully next season we can solidify our place and our tactics and push on from there.

Key Players
Onur Şerifoğlu (08b)

Laurens Pluim (13a)

John Lammers (08a)

Class of 2030

Sander Huisman (14a)

Rydell Jonkers (14b)
Daimy van der Linden (14c)

2nd Nationality Watch

Morocco x15

Turkey x12

Suriname x10

Curaçao x4

Aruba x3

Angola x2

Cape Verde x2

Greece x2

Indonesia x2

Ukraine x1

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Dutch Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                  Most Assists                                      Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)                                           Tol (7.07) 
2018/19   Jupiler League    19th        4th Round      Basic                  Poor                 Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (17)                    van der Meiracker (7)                             van der Meiracker (6.97)   
2019/20   Jupiler League    18th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Adequate            Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (13)                    Oostinjen (10)                                    Custovic (7.09)  
2020/21   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (14)                    Tol (7)                                           van der Heijden (01e) (6.98)  
2021/22   Jupiler League    19th        3rd Round      Adequate               Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (9)   van Berlo (02a) (5)                               Veerman (7.06)  
2022/23   Jupiler League    16th        3rd Round      Average                Below Average        Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (16)                    Oostinjen (8)                                     Oostinjen/van der Wal (03b) (6.91)  
2023/24   Jupiler League    16th        4th Round      Good                   Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (14)  Oostinjen/Taylan (03a) (6)                        van der Wal (03b) (7.06) 
2024/25   Jupiler League    7th         2nd Round      Impressive             Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (15)  Bergkamp (06b) (9)                                Kujipers (04e) (7.22)
2025/26   Jupiler League    11th        4th Round      Impressive             Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        N/A                    van Staa (07b) (24)         van Staa (07b)/van der Wal (03b) (7)              van Staa (07b) (7.13)
2026/27   Jupiler League    1st         4th Round      Excellent              Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        Promotion              Şerifoğlu (08b) (15)        Şerifoğlu (08b)/Lammers (08a)/Bergkamp (06b) (10) Ruijmgaart (06d) (7.38)
2027/28   Eredivisie        14th        2nd Round      Excellent              Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    van Staa (07b) (12)         Lammers (08a)/van Staa (07b) (7)                  van Staa (07b) (6.99)
2028/29   Eredivisie        10th        Qtr Finals     Superb                 Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    van Staa (07b) (24)         Lammers (08a) (12)                                van Staa (07b) (7.18)  
2029/30   Eredivisie        13th        4th Round      State of the Art       Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    Şerifoğlu (08b) (22)        Lammers (08a) (11)                                van Staa (07b) (7.12)
2030/31   Eredivisie        15th        4th Round      State of the Art       Adequate             Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    Şerifoğlu (08b) (20)        Lammers (08a) (10)                                Şerifoğlu (08b) (7.03) 

Nice update, good job on staying up :thup:

I'm still plodding along in Jupiler with AFC - 2025/26 just started now, and no real closer signs of promotion. Managed play-offs a few seaons ago, but only to first round. Have just culled a shed load of players as their determinations are awful; all of their developments have stalled and have just nothing about them when I go a goal down in games. Managed to sell of about a £1M worth, then released the rest to just get rid of their toxic mentalities. 

I'm still in Polish save with 2 of it to upload. Few interesting things happend we were able to sale 2 potential starts for a crazy money so im in time where i upgreat my facilities all the time when its able. Unlike in Gato game my only player with 2nd nationality was Bastian Wolf (Germany) even with a lot of scouts good reputation (top6 in Poland) a lot of foreign staff members and 4 feeder clubs I didnt get single one so far. Idk I cant upgreat my youth reserch level any ideas why?

Ps. Great job all of you with your saves dudes! Keep going!

7 hours ago, Sn00gle said:

I'm still in Polish save with 2 of it to upload. Few interesting things happend we were able to sale 2 potential starts for a crazy money so im in time where i upgreat my facilities all the time when its able. Unlike in Gato game my only player with 2nd nationality was Bastian Wolf (Germany) even with a lot of scouts good reputation (top6 in Poland) a lot of foreign staff members and 4 feeder clubs I didnt get single one so far. Idk I cant upgreat my youth reserch level any ideas why?

This will be linked to club reputation. So when that grows, your ability to attract a wider ranger of young players will also grow. I believe this also affects the potential of your youth intakes. So a better recruitment will be able to recruit players with higher potential, whereas youth coaching affects the current ability within the potential of your intake.

8 hours ago, Sn00gle said:

I've tried to have all staff (other then scouts because they make no difference) foreign in hopes they can bring in someone and I finally got my first foreign player without even a Dutch nationality all this year. Also, fm is somewhat realistic when it comes to that stuff, as there are lots of Moroccan and Turkish immigrants in the Netherlands and the other nationalities are ones that were former Dutch colonies. I had a save on fm15 I think in Poland and I never got a single second nationality. Also, Poland are known for not having many immigrants.

What's the idea behind having second nationalities? My senior player, and now leading goalscorer has Angolan second nationality, so has chosen to play for Angola instead of Holland.

To me it's become a total pain in the arse having playeds with second nationalities, as most of them get called up on International weekends and therefore missing my games. So I would have just prefered if 5hey were just Dutch, so they went under the radar. 

38 minutes ago, BrianMunich said:

What's the idea behind having second nationalities? My senior player, and now leading goalscorer has Angolan second nationality, so has chosen to play for Angola instead of Holland.

To me it's become a total pain in the arse having playeds with second nationalities, as most of them get called up on International weekends and therefore missing my games. So I would have just prefered if 5hey were just Dutch, so they went under the radar. 

I just find it interesting and I like some variety especially in a youth challenge as you can't buy players.

SV Spakenburg - 2031/32

Eredivisie | League Table | Dutch Cup | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Best 11 

I guess it was an improvement only conceding 67 this year for an average of 1.97 per game. Really, what solidified us was the ability to consistently win 2-1. We'd either lose by 3 or win 2-1 the entire season and that was enough to keep us lower mid-table (we were only 1 point off exact mid-table). Somehow, we got easy draws in the Dutch Cup all the way to the semifinals, where we inexplicably dominated AZ, made it to the finals against FC Twente where we won 2-1 (see, all the time its 2-1) after they got a man sent off halfway into the first half. John Lammers (08a) and Onur Şerifoğlu (08b) killed it with the former being our top scorer as a shadow striker and the latter assisting as a target man while also scoring some himself. Both finished on 20+ goals and 10+ assists which was nice to see. Laurens Pluim (13a) is turning out to be an elite player and luckily since I tied him down to a 7 year deal before the season, I can reject all the offers I've gotten for him. Basically every big European team had bid up to 7M for him, but we're solid financially, so I need the player more than the money. Also Sander Huisman (14a) from last years intake is moving along nicely. That takes us into this years intake. I really needed a GK, a LB, or a DM; so as you do the game gives me 3 DMs. They all look pretty decent and have good potential (and we got a Spaniard thanks to my reserves manager who brought one in for the first time in the 14 years he's been with us). Oh, we also got a youth recruitment upgrade :cool:

Key Players
Onur Şerifoğlu (08b)

Laurens Pluim (13a)

John Lammers (08a)
Dmytro Virt (11a)

Youth Watch

Sander Huisman (14a)

Rydell Jonker (14b)

Richie van Koesveld (12b)

Gerrit Taberima (13b)

Class of 2031

Monolo Morilla (15a)

Jos Koelewijn (15b)
Gerrit Vriends (15c)

2nd Nationality Watch (Bold = Just Foreign)

Morocco x17

Turkey x12

Suriname x10

Curaçao x5

Angola x3

Aruba x3

Cape Verde x2

Greece x2

Indonesia x2

Spain x1

Ukraine x1

Career Overview

2030/31   Eredivisie        15th        4th Round      State of the Art       Adequate             Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    Şerifoğlu (08b) (20)        Lammers (08a) (10)                                Şerifoğlu (08b) (7.03) 
2031/32   Eredivisie        12th        Winners        State of the Art       Average              Exceptional         Above Average       Cup Winners            Lammers (08a) (23)          Şerifoğlu (08b) (11)                              Lammers (08a) (7.48) 

Thanks for the replies on the previous question. Have got to ask another. What is your logic when tagging regens?

I guess you could rate Personality, Determination etc.

Edited by andershs
Spelling mistake

14 minutes ago, andershs said:

Thanks for the reply on the previous question. Have got to ask another. What is your logic when tagging regens?

I guess you could rate Personality, Determination etc.

I only tag the ones with good potential or some with nice personalities. Or if there's something I find interesting about them (like their nationality). Basically, it's just a way of remembering who the best potential players are; the order doesn't matter too much.

Only taken around 12 years to have something to shout about, but best moment of my save so far! Knocking out the big city rivals Ajax in the cup,   :hammer:

f58af004adb29ea3d4e7c31c23e7209d.png

Polonia Warszawa 2032/2033

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsbPCWYyR0jwgC2HvvWl7

League - Squad - Transfers - Finances

Bigest thing in this season was deal with Arsenal for Strejlau 5ml in cash + 50% of next deal with we actually sold for 10ml so 15ml in cash for facilities. Also we geting fair deal with PSG 5ml for Jedrzejczyk (I ****uped littlebit with negotiations) and 1ml with 40% for Szymiczek from Everton. We got money now to improve also with 3rd place in league we are able to play in european league. We won Super Cup but we sucked in national cup like allways :p

Youth intake

Damian Miloszewski (YP33a)

Polonia Warszawa 2033/2034

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsbPCWYyR0jwgC2HvvWl7

League - Squad - Transfers - Finances

No intake highlighted one poor star not worth tagged. We still upgreat facilities. Again we managed to get into group of european league but like allways we got rekt. We reached again 3rd place so im happy to have fun in EL again. Something is wrong im noticed that all my good players from intake are losing determination from over 16 to 11-12??

Ps.@BrianMunich btw I totaly disagree with you I know that Poland isn't Germany or England or even Italy right now but we have a lot of imigrants in our country (that why we dont want next from EU) we have a lot people from Ukraine living here students which stay or even runing from theyr country coz of situation. Also mix families Polish/German,England ,France, Usa, Canada. Anyway I see in my save there are at least 2-4 players in all top clubs that are foreign per season so mby one day I will get one. Srsly I think that my feeders club will make more value like in FM16 after 10 seasons I was geting 1 at last per season (it wasnt this challange but still)

• Season		League		Position		Achievments

2017/18		PFD		11th			Survived
    2018/19		PFD		5th			
    2019/20		PFD		9th
    2020/21		PFD		2nd			Promotion
    2021/22		LE		8th		   	Survived
    2022/23		LE		15th			Relegated
    2023/24		PFD		13th			Survived
    2024/25		PFD		13th			Survived
    2025/26		PFD		8th			
    2026/27		PFD		2nd			Promotion
    2027/28		LE		4th		   	Survived/European League
    2028/29		LE		4th		   	European League
    2029/30		LE		5th
    2030/31		LE		6th
    2031/32		LE		11th/RG 1st		National Cup Winner
    2032/33		LE		6th/MG 3rd		European League/Super Cup Winner
    2033/34		LE		6th/MG 3rd		European League

Edited by Sn00gle

koniz.jpg.5bb15ca07336d38276481bcbb4f299bc.jpg

FC Köniz Youth Challenge

Season 3 – 2019/20 – Swiss Super League

League: Good season, as I grabbed 2nd place again despite blooding in quite a few youngsters.

Europe: Maybe because of the small database the quality of other teams is not that good, but I somehow managed to squeeze past CSKA Moscow in the CL 3rd qualifying round. Was trounced by Tottenham in the Playoff, but that meant Europa League group stage, and plenty of cash. We managed to finish 2nd in the Europa group, behind Villareal but ahead of Spartak Moscow and FC Midytiland, and were roundly smashed by Inter in the first KO round. Still, great progress in Europe so early on, hope I can get close to this next season.

Cup: Embarrassingly lost to non-league Le Mont LS in the quarters.

Star players: last year’s recruit Emmanuel Ngono (AMR) came into the team and did great, but ran out of steam at the end of the season. Still, topped assists and average rating for the club. Momo Vukmir (ML) is still playing well but ageing, and the youngster 18a Mario Buth (DR/DL) is probably our best player.

Facilities: both coaching and recruitment upgraded, and youth facilities. The only thing we’re lagging behind are the training facilities, where we ended the sharing deal with a feeder club to upgrade our own.

Finances: £7.5m, so swimming in cash thanks to the European adventures.

Youth intake | 20a Eugene Badertscher (ST) | 20b Alessio Antonelli (AMC) | 20c Francesco Pezzullo (GK)  – a good one by the looks of it, although again very top-heavy with most good players strikers or attacking mids. Maybe I can think up a wild 2-0-0-8 tactic to fit them all in… A great keeper there as well, should hopefully serve us well for quite a few years. I tagged 6 players in total.

Youth watch: other than the above-mentioned, last year’s 19a Nik Janzekovic (AMC) is developing and playing well up-front, and my lack of defensive options resulted in 19e Toni Stauffer (DC) playing a lot and improving rapidly into my best center back.

Transfers: just trying to shift some deadwood

Next season’s aim: more of the same, and hopefully some defensive players in the intake

Well done on the progress and good luck to all others doing this, am very much enjoying the updates!

Season  |  League  |   Cup  |   CL     |     EL      |     Top scorer    |  Top assists    |    Top rating    | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |  1       |  R2    |   n/a    |     n/a     |  Vonlanthen (17)  |                 |                  |  Promoted to top division
2018/19 |  2       |  Rup   |   n/a    |     n/a     |  Vukmir (13)      |                 |                  |  Sharing training facilities; runners-up in league and cup
2019/20 |  2       | QF     | Playoff  |  Ko round 1 |  Mani (11)        |  19c Ngono (9)  |  19c Ngono (7.3) |  First European adventure

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching  | Recruitment  | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.     |  Stadium
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |   £242k   | Adequate   | Basic        |    Poor        | Basic          |  2600 
2018/19 |   £1.6m   | Average    | Basic        |    Adequate    | Poor           |  2600
2019/20 |   £7.5m   | Excellent  | Fairly Basic |    Basic       | Below average  |  2600
Edited by dkouv

In spite of FM18 arriving soon, I decided to give this challenge a go. Chose to start in Belgiums lowest division with newly promoted side Aalst. There were 3 teams promoted (Sprimont and Liege being the other ones) but chose to go with them, as I remember them being in the top flight when I was a kid. Would be nice to get them back to that level.

The season ahead is going to prove challenging as I seem to be lacking heavily in squad depth. All the youth players are greyed out and my first team is pretty thin as well. Looking forward to getting things going when I get home from work.

3 hours ago, LilSaint said:

In spite of FM18 arriving soon, I decided to give this challenge a go. Chose to start in Belgiums lowest division with newly promoted side Aalst. There were 3 teams promoted (Sprimont and Liege being the other ones) but chose to go with them, as I remember them being in the top flight when I was a kid. Would be nice to get them back to that level.

The season ahead is going to prove challenging as I seem to be lacking heavily in squad depth. All the youth players are greyed out and my first team is pretty thin as well. Looking forward to getting things going when I get home from work.

Good luck. It is funny how you can be over the top happy about almost any new youth intake player, if it means being able to finally select your starting eleven with all non-greyed out players:)

ea.jpg.bb49017cdbe76a29ceebba71ce1a8cf6.jpg

Eendracht Aalst youth challenge - Season 1

History  -  Squad  -  League  -  Expectations

And we're off. 
I wasn't lying when I said our first team lacks depth, we're just 18 men strong. I'm praying we don't get too many injuries as the season kicks on.

Our most promissing players so far would be Wannes Van Tricht - Arno Claeys - Ken Van Damme

Pre-season

frndly.thumb.jpg.f881c541e9f72f843de8203ac5a19d06.jpg

So our friendly games went a lot better than expected honestly. A tight loss against OHL who play in the top division, a few good wins and a 1-2 defeat against OM. Obviously they didn't field their first team, but I still fully expected us to get trashed by them.

Encouraging start to this save, looking forward for the season to kick off.

koniz.jpg.7d833ff660d818ad08b7100efef59e1c.jpg

FC Köniz Youth Challenge

Season 4 – 2020/21 – Swiss Super League

Transfers: Well, apparently this was the season when everyone started clamouring for my players. I mean, the boys are talented no doubt, but it seems a bit strange that every big team from Barca to Atletico suddenly wanted to buy my top young prospects; must be another quirk of using a small database. I managed to resist in the summer, but come January the greedy board started to accept offers over my head, despite havin £8m in the bank. My top two attacking mid prospects 19a Nik Janzekovic and 20b Alessio Antonelli are gone to Benfica and Roma respectively, for a combined £5.8m, with add-ons etc potentially bringing it up to £12m. Crucially, I managed to hang on to my best striker Unterkircher after protesting with the board, and my right-back Buth.

League: 2nd again, very comfortably this time; but also very comfortably off Basel in first.

Europe: A great run. Cruised past Dynamo Kiev in the CL 3rd qual. round, narrowly knocked out by Benfica in the play-off, we were off to the Europa group stage again. And again we finished second in the group, this time behind Napoli. But the KO stages draw was kinder, and we dispatched Krasnodar, Villareal and Sporting CP before Tottenham dispatched us in the semi.

Cup: Not covered ourselves in glory; out to Challenge League side Lausanne in the second round

Star players: 19b Roger Unterkircher looks by far my best player, scoring 22 and assisting 9 in 40 games. I hope I can hang on to him for another season or two. 19c Emmanuel Ngono continued his stellar form on the right wing, with an average rating of 7.50.

Facilities: coaching maxed, youth and training facilities upgrade.

Finances: £22m, I hope this makes the board less greedy but I’m not that optimistic. Update: went down to £18m the next day as my board paid themselves a nice £3.5 bonus. Good to know those player sales are going to a good cause…

Youth intake | 21a Luca Zurcher | 21b Dibran Sefaj | 21c Marco Grillo | 21d Marco Kurth – looks like a good one again, although I don’t really need two right wingers and another goalkeeper at this point, but I’ll probably retrain Zurcher to play on the left. Two tagged center backs are very welcome, and Sefaj went straight into the first team. Some nice personalities there too.

Youth watch: 20a Eugene Badertscher stepped into the fold once Janzenkovic was sold and topped the assists for the year despite his passing attribute of 6.

Next season’s aim: more of the same but without the player sales please… Basel look very strong but if I keep the squad together think I can challenge them in the next few years.

Season  |  League  |   Cup  |   CL     |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists           |    Top rating    | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |  1       |  R2    |   n/a    |     n/a     |  Vonlanthen (17)        |                        |                  |  Promoted to top division
2018/19 |  2       |  Rup   |   n/a    |     n/a     |  Vukmir (13)            |                        |                  |  Sharing training facilities; runners-up in league and cup
2019/20 |  2       | QF     | Playoff  |  Ko round 1 |  Mani (11)              |  19c Ngono (9)         |  19c Ngono (7.3) |  First European adventure
2020/21 |  2       | R2     | Playoff  |  Semis      |  19b Unterkircher (22)  |  20a Badertscher (12)  |  19c Ngono (7.5) |  

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching   | Recruitment  | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.     |  Stadium
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |   £242k   | Adequate    | Basic        |    Poor        | Basic          |  2600 
2018/19 |   £1.6m   | Average     | Basic        |    Adequate    | Poor           |  2600
2019/20 |   £7.5m   | Excellent   | Fairly Basic |    Basic       | Below average  |  2600
2020/21 |   £18m    | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |  Below Average | Adequate       |  2600

12 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

@LilSaint in fm15 in one club in Portugal I had 13 players :) GL

How did you get through that season :o you must've been thrilled when any sort of youth candidate came through.
I've had 3-4 injuries in the first 5 games so far, having to play a few players out of position.. But then my laptop decided to crash & I had to start the season over. I quite like my laptop now. :D 

@LilSaint I think I was lucky that I've survive to intake but anyway i played without subsitution and sometimes to continue save grey players jumped in but I droped that save after 2 seasons I think

SV Spakenburg - 2032/33

Eredivise | League Table | Dutch Cup | Europa League | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Best 11 

Pretty good year this one, we had a good first half of the season and then all 3 of our starting MC got injured at once (we play a 4-3-1-2) and we started to drop. We never really got back on track so we switched back to the 4-1-2-2-1 narrow for the end of the season and actually managed to win the European Playoff and will be in the Europa League again next year I believe. We did fairly well in the EL this year getting through the group stages to the chairman's delight before eventually losing to PSV in the second knockout round. Lots of development from lesser known players led to the goal and assists being shared around and we weren't reliant on Lammers (08a) and Şerifoğlu (08b) as much as we have been in the past. Another youth recruitment upgrade and now everything except for youth facilities are maxed out, so hopefully we'll get some "best of his generation" players.

Key Players

Laurens Pluim (13a)

John Lammers (08a)
Dmytro Virt (11a)

Carlos Rijssel (07a)

Youth Watch

Sander Huisman (14a)

Gerrit Taberima (13b)

Class of 2033

Kevin de Graaf (16a)

Dustin de Haan (16b)
Rein van der Lely (16c)

Morocco x17

Suriname x12

Turkey x12

Curaçao x5

Angola x3

Aruba x3

Belgium x2

Cape Verde x2

Greece x2

Indonesia x2

Spain x1

Ukraine x1

Career Overview

2031/32   Eredivisie        12th        Winners        State of the Art       Average              Exceptional         Above Average       Cup Winners            Lammers (08a) (23)          Şerifoğlu (08b) (11)                              Lammers (08a) (7.48) 
2032/33   Eredivisie        7th         4th Round      State of the Art       Average              Exceptional         Established         N/A                    Huisman (14a) (18)          Lammers (08a) (10)                                Pluim (13a) (7.15) 

I am in season three in Scotland with Broomhill Sports Club Glasgow. After a nightmare first season with only 16 points from 36 matches, and a looming sacking over my head, I have reached a point, where I for the first time actually feel just a tiny bit competitive.

Not much, but my players are actually beginning to create a decent amount of chances, and the matches are much tighter than the first couple of seasons. Moreover, the number of 'headless chicken' and 'complete freeze' moments have decreased, and we are actually producing a relatively flowing football.

What a feeling!:) Just hoping it isn't a false high.

And I must say the posts on Selkirk and Dalbeattie Star in this thread have been very good reads. Keep up the good work and endurance.

SV Spakenburg - 2033/34

Eredivise | League Table | Dutch Cup | Europa League | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Best 11 

A little bit of help from the other teams losing and us doing better saw a 3rd place finish on the cards this year. Ajax were dethroned for the first time this save to Vitesse of all teams who were a newly promoted side :eek:. I checked and they didn't have a tycoon and hadn't spent big at all so I have no clue how that happened. Our new generation of youth produced from the maxed out facilities have finally hit the stage where they can be first teamers, so the likes of Onur Serifoglu (08b) and some of our key players for the last 6 or so years are being pushed out of the freest team.  Sander Huisman (14a) was probably the best example of that, scoring 38 goals in his first year leading the line. Carlos Rijssel (07a) made a return from obscurity scoring 13 and assisting 15 from AMC. We had an intake with tons of players with potential and an American GK who could be a "player of his generation" according to my HOYD even though he doesn't look amazing to me. Regardless, our GKs are trash, so he's going to be the #1 from now on. In the Europa League, we did well and made it to the Quarterfinals before losing to Chelsea.

Key Players

Laurens Pluim (13a)

John Lammers (08a)
Dmytro Virt (11a)

Carlos Rijssel (07a)

Sander Huisman (14a)

Youth Watch

Dustin de Haan (16b)

Manolo Morilla (15a)
Daimy van der Linden (14c)

Class of 2034

John Elliot (17a)

Mohammed Sbaï (17b)
Abdelaziz Yousfi (17c)

Walter Ditewig (17d)

Ronald van Grinsven (17e)

Morocco x22

Suriname x12

Turkey x12

Curaçao x5

Angola x3

Aruba x3

Belgium x2

Cape Verde x2

Greece x2

Indonesia x2

Spain x1

Ukraine x1

USA x1

Career Overview

2032/33   Eredivisie        7th         4th Round      State of the Art       Average              Exceptional         Established         N/A                    Huisman (14a) (18)          Lammers (08a) (10)                                Pluim (13a) (7.15) 
2033/34   Eredivisie        3rd         4th Round      State of the Art       Good                 Exceptional         Established         N/A                    Huisman (14a) (38)          Rijssel (07a)/Virt (11a) (15)                     Huisman (14a) (7.42) 

Good job :) Wish my club had such facilities :p not even close but still improving mby in next 10 years I will reach close to state art xD

koniz.jpg.bef4de27bb1cf5478409a2102dd19985.jpg

FC Köniz Youth Challenge

Season 5 – 2021/22 – Swiss Super League

League: This was the year afterall :D We started off solidly and kept in touch with the usual leaders Basel, going into the winter break 5 points behind them. We managed to beat Basel away 1-0 soon after the break, and they lost a bit of form. We edged ahead and kept our noses in front, drawing 3 and winning 14 of the post-winter-break games. The final day loss to Basel did not matter as we won the title with a game to spare.

Cup: Came very close this time, but Basel just edged us out on penalties in the final. I had a man sent off but I’m not sure that changed the game much.

Europe: Another avenue where it’s all happening. We got a tough draw of Ajax in the 3rd qual round, but managed to beat them thanks to a great away performance. Sporting Lisbon were next, a side I beat in the Europa last year. Again we edged through thanks to a great away win. So onto the CL group stages for the first time! Got tonked by Barca and Chelsea, but managed to narrowly beat Olympiakos home and away to seal third place. Drew Spurs again in the Europa, who easily knocked us out in the first KO round.

Squad: Time to take stock after 5 years. Most of the original squad are phased out and ageing, so I’m going to be short on tutors but that’s ok. Personality mainly balanced but determination is pretty decent. Good cover for most positions, but very light at left-back, and light in center midfield. Wingers and strikers are my strongest positions with plenty of depth and potential.

Star players: the star (shadow) striker duo 19b Roger Unterkircher and 20a Eugene Badertscher, with around 20 goals each and plenty of assists. Amazingly Unterkircher signed a new deal, and is now paid almost 5 times the next-best player :o Badertscher wants to move but is contracted for quite a while so unless the board do something silly I should hang on to him.

Facilities: recruitment upgrade! And both facilities, since I have money to spare. Stadium expanded slightly. Slowly catching up with @The_Gato_In_Goal, it seems :p

Finances: £32m – swimming in it thanks to the CL run

Youth intake | 22a Roland Baggenriet – not as much depth as in recent years, despite the facility upgrades, but one very handy-looking right-sided player. I definitely won’t be playing him at right midfield as I have too many options there, but am retraining him into a full-back, or maybe a center-mid if I continue to be light on numbers there

Youth watch: 21a Luca Zurcher took over the left-midfield spot and topped the average rating with 7.42, 10 goals and 9 assists to boot. Franck Moukoko – an untagged player from my second intake – broke into the first team thanks to my lack of center-mids, and played very well, scoring some crucial goals in Europe and against Basel.

Transfers: No notable exits, thankfully

Next season’s aim: keeping the title would be nice but I’d be ok with second place; CL group stage should bring some more money.

Season  |  League  |   Cup  |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists           |    Top rating      | Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |  1       |  R2    |   n/a       |     n/a     |  Vonlanthen (17)        |                        |                    |  Promoted to top division
2018/19 |  2       |  R-up  |   n/a       |     n/a     |  Vukmir (13)            |                        |                    |  Sharing training facilities; runners-up in league and cup
2019/20 |  2       | QF     | Playoff     |  Ko round 1 |  Mani (11)              |  19c Ngono (9)         |  19c Ngono (7.3)   |  First European adventure
2020/21 |  2       | R2     | Playoff     |  Semis      |  19b Unterkircher (22)  |  20a Badertscher (12)  |  19c Ngono (7.5)   |  
2021/22 |  1       | R-up   | Group (3rd) |  Ko round 1 |  19b Unterkircher (20)  |  20a Badertscher (10)  |  21a Zürcher (7.4) |  First CL group appearance

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching   | Recruitment  | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.     |  Stadium
2017/18 |   £242k   | Adequate    | Basic        |    Poor        | Basic          |  2600 
2018/19 |   £1.6m   | Average     | Basic        |    Adequate    | Poor           |  2600
2019/20 |   £7.5m   | Excellent   | Fairly Basic |    Basic       | Below average  |  2600
2020/21 |   £18m    | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |  Below Average | Adequate       |  2600
2021/22 |   £32m    | Exceptional | Average      |    Adequate    | Average        |  3900

Fusie Club Lisse – Youth Challenge

rsk9cce2z1ysx.png

ManagerClubFacilitiesFinancesTeamTransfers

Season 2017/2018 - Starting the new Dream Team

Manager – The absolute worst of the worst Manager you could think off. But that’s all part of the challenge. (Add a new manager with your chosen nationality and the lowest possible reputation and qualifications) 

Club – Fusie Club Lisse is a amateur side, currently playing in the ‘Tweede Divisie’ – Second Division – which is the third tier in Dutch football (Eredivisie – Jupiler League (First Division) – Tweede Divisie (Second Division). Founded in 1981 they steadily moved there way up the leagues. So I need two promotions to play on the highest level in Holland.

Facilities – With a 5.000 capacity stadium – 1,700 seated – we have a OK stadium. It will do for now. The training and youth facilities are poor and the coaching is basic. There will be our focus. Steadily build our way up the League and focusing our budget on the coaching and facilities.

Finances – We have some money in the bank, but I’m worried how our salary will develop during the season. Most likely we are going to have some red digits, but hopefully we can bring in some money soon.

Team – 20-man strong team, that’s a blessing. We can rotate allot due to bad staff and recovering slowly. My first eleven is very strong, but the rest seems lacking quality. Hopefully in my first year we can remain in the league – the media predicted me to finish 14th out of 18 – so it’s not a impossible job.  We need to pray for a very good youth intake in the first year.

Transfers – The club already made two signings before I was singed – I singed 9th of july – I will use them if I can, but of course I will not buy players myself. I’m just very lucky as the players are good enough to fit in the team.

I see that you are going strong already for 17 seasons already @The_Gato_In_Goal:thup: Hopefully I can achieve the same level that you got out of your squad - but hopefully sooner because FM18 is around the corner - and promote to the Jupiler League and Eredivisie as in the 'Tweede Divisie' only the champion get promoted. 

Edited by IscoDisco

Is it too late to restart the challenge? I got pretty hyped up by reading your posts guys, great stuff here!

I would like to play in a Mediterranean country, probably Italy or Portugal.

I would like to give a shot at the Longevity Challenge as well (1000 club appearences).

koniz.jpg.c88a704939d8f367e1a95d29d87ba308.jpg

FC Köniz Youth Challenge

Season 6 – 2022/23 – Swiss Super League

League: Aand we did it again :) After an average start we slowly pulled away in the league and won it comfortably. Basel were close until the tail-end of the season when our form clicked and theirs dipped.

Cup: Arrogantly played my youth team and instant-resulted the first-round match, only to find out we  just about scraped through on penalties. A solid win away to Basel in the quarters, and the coast was clear. During the final, most of my first team got called up for the U21 Euros, but the reserves/youth did the job with a scrappy 1-0 win over Luzern, giving us our first cup win and our first double.

Europe: Straight into CL group stages, we got a tough group with Atletico, Juventus and Lyon. A great start with a 2-0 away in at Lyon, a couple of defeats and two home draws – to Atletico and Lyon left us level on points with Lyon in 3rd with one game to go, so we had to better their result to go through to Europa in third place. We were doing great, drawing 1-1 away at Juventus, but alas, they snatched it Italian-style at the death with a 94th minute penalty, and Lyon drew against Atletico, so we were out. Still, it’s good to know that we can get a home draw against some of the better teams in Europe. Benfica won the CL btw, beating Tottenham in the final :o Well, if Benfica can do it...

Star players: Again, the shadow strikers 19b Roger Unterkircher and 20a Eugene Badertscher are quite a long way ahead of the rest, and still at the club. We were very solid defensively this year, with right-back from my first intake 18a Mario Buth deciding to extend his contract, and solid center back 19b Toni Stauffer playing a big role.

Facilities: training and youth facilities upgraded, but no recruitment upgrade. I renegotiated the feeder club links, so we can now get youth players from Japan, USA, Australia and Serbia.

Finances: £39m – plenty of cash while we are qualifying for the group stages

Youth intake | 23a Sladjan Stevanovic – one hot-shot attacking midfielder who came through my feeder club Rad (forgot to screenshot his intake profile, here's how he looks at the end of the season). The rest look absolutely awful though, I signed a few just in case they just have low CA and high potential, but this feels like the intake with the least depth so far. I had my Director of Football select the intake but maybe I should give the job back to the HOYD...

Youth watch: 22a Roland Baggenriet – last year’s recruit has been the revelation this season, retrained to play at left back to fill a gap in the squad and doing well. 20f Bruno Bonhomme has played well on left wing despite average attributes, and I retrained 21c Marco Grillo to rotate him into a central role, and he’s done well both on the wing and at center-mid.

Transfers: Again holding on to our best players

Next season’s aim: would be nice to get a youth intake with more depth, and some defensive players; I’m getting a bit short of personnel for the more defensive formation I try to play in Europe…

Season  |  League  |   Cup  |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists           |    Top rating           | Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |  1       |  R2    |   n/a       |     n/a     |  Vonlanthen (17)        |                        |                         |  Promoted to top division
2018/19 |  2       |  R-up  |   n/a       |     n/a     |  Vukmir (13)            |                        |                         |  Sharing training facilities; runners-up in league and cup
2019/20 |  2       | QF     | Playoff     |  Ko round 1 |  Mani (11)              |  19c Ngono (9)         |  19c Ngono (7.3)        |  First European adventure
2020/21 |  2       | R2     | Playoff     |  Semis      |  19b Unterkircher (22)  |  20a Badertscher (12)  |  19c Ngono (7.5)        |  
2021/22 |  1       | R-up   | Group (3rd) |  Ko round 1 |  19b Unterkircher (20)  |  20a Badertscher (10)  |  21a Zürcher (7.4)      |  First league win; First CL group appearance
2022/23 |  1       | Won    | Group (4th) |     n/a     |  20a Badertscher (14)   |  19b Unterkircher (15) |  19b Unterkircher (7.6) |  Domestic double

2021/22 |   £32m    | Exceptional | Average      |    Adequate    | Average        |  3900
2022/23 |   £39m    | Exceptional | Average      |    Average     | Good           |  5000

@dkouv The thing is that I'll play FM18 as soon as it get released in Beta, it's a sort of tradition I developed the last couple of years, so I have a month of playing FM17. I don't think I can do much in countries with many games and difficult teams. We'll see though, I hope I find the time today to start a save in Italy.

Jesus Christ this game...:)

Playing with BSC Glasgow in the Scottish League Two.

My board decided to accept an offer for my (by a distance) best central midfielder from a Scottish Championship club. The offer was roughly 2.700 GBP. I intervened, and got the offer cancelled.

Then rejected five new offers from the same club. But on the sixth, my board decides to accept it and I have no possibility to intervene. He was sold for 2.000 GBP.

And as though that was not infuriating enough, now in the monthly confidence overview, my board critises me for the poor financial deal of selling my best midfielder...:)

koniz.jpg.60aed4c9496760989ec37f54c430f611.jpg

FC Köniz Youth Challenge

Season 7 – 2023/24 – Swiss Super League

League: Retained it, even though our form tailed off towards the end of the season.

Cup: Strolling through until the final against Basel, and a 1-0 defeat. My players often seem to freeze in these big matches and quite a few have this as a warning on their coach report, but I guess I'll worry about that when I start getting to CL finals :D

Europe: A great year, with many a European giant having to make the trip to our small ground next to the Bern zoo, only to find out that we are playing our European games in Thun, and then no doubt get lost along the way... Group stage draw pitted us alongside Real Madrid, Gladbach and Zenit – a much better draw than the last two years. We put in some fantastic performances, the highlight being beating Gladback 4-0 home and away. Real were too strong so we finished second (Group table), qualifying for the knockout stages for the first time. We beat Dortmund home and away in the last 16, but succumbed to Bayern in the quarters. A brilliant run, and rather unexpected; hope I can repeat it sooner rather than later!

Star players: Shadow strikers 19b Roger Unterkircher and 20a Eugene Badertscher are joined on the list by my up-and-coming right winger 21a Luca Zürcher, who topped average ratings with 7.76, 12 goals and 14 assists to boot.

Facilities: Training and youth facilities upgraded, and this season I managed to up the recruitment as well. Reshuffled my feeder clubs a bit to try and improve the prospects of getting good foreign youngsters.

Finances: £55.5m – clearly the board are raking it in, thanks to my no-transfer-in policy and continued European appearances.

@andershs by the way I found that in this FM the board keep accepting ridiculous offers for players until you've got lots of money in the bank, and I guess how much "lots" is differs with the chairman attributes and league. So while you're at the bottom it can be very tough. But now that I've got all this money in the bank I don't seem to have trouble rejecting offers, especially since most AI teams seem to want to lowball me even on my best players.

Youth intake |24a Andrea Santoro | 24b Chancel N’Gomae | 24c Darko Srok. Not impressed – top prospects are only 3-star potential, and 3/4 top youths are wingers where I'm well-stocked, plus the top prospect’s personality is casual… Signed him up anyway in hope that he can be tutored out of it. Still, there is a potentially handy left-back there and who knows, maybe they’ll develop and the star ratings are low because my team is better.

Youth watch: Last year’s intake only had one good prospect in 23a Sladjan Stevanovic, but he’s done very well and cemented a first-team place already (admittedly in my thinly-staffed central midfield). 22c Bastian Adelwarth came in from a loan spell and did well as our back-up striker. Other than that, the established players mainly come from the intakes 3-4 seasons ago, and have developed well, but many have seemingly stopped improving.

Transfers: nothing much going on, but may attempt a bit of a clear-out this summer

Next season’s aim: some defenders and defensive mids in the youth intake, even though this is not exactly up to me…

Season  |  League  |   Cup  |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists           |    Top rating           | Notes
2017/18 |  1       |  R2    |   n/a       |     n/a     |  Vonlanthen (17)        |                        |                         |  Promoted to top division
2018/19 |  2       |  R-up  |   n/a       |     n/a     |  Vukmir (13)            |                        |                         |  Sharing training facilities; runners-up in league and cup
2019/20 |  2       | QF     | Playoff     |  Ko round 1 |  Mani (11)              |  19c Ngono (9)         |  19c Ngono (7.3)        |  First European adventure
2020/21 |  2       | R2     | Playoff     |  Semis      |  19b Unterkircher (22)  |  20a Badertscher (12)  |  19c Ngono (7.5)        |  
2021/22 |  1       | R-up   | Group (3rd) |  Ko round 1 |  19b Unterkircher (20)  |  20a Badertscher (10)  |  21a Zürcher (7.4)      |  First league win; First CL group appearance
2022/23 |  1       | Won    | Group (4th) |     n/a     |  20a Badertscher (14)   |  19b Unterkircher (15) |  19b Unterkircher (7.6) |  Domestic double
2023/24 |  1       | R-up   | Quarters    |     n/a     |  20a Badertscher (22)   |  21a Zürcher (14)      |  21a Zürcher (7.8)      |  First CL knock-out appearance

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching   |  Recruitment   | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |   £242k   | Adequate    | Basic          |  Poor          |  Basic          |  2600 
2018/19 |   £1.6m   | Average     | Basic          |  Adequate      |  Poor           |  2600
2019/20 |   £7.5m   | Excellent   | Fairly Basic   |  Basic         |  Below average  |  2600
2020/21 |   £18m    | Exceptional | Fairly Basic   |  Below Average |  Adequate       |  2600
2021/22 |   £32m    | Exceptional | Average        |  Adequate      |  Average        |  3900
2022/23 |   £39m    | Exceptional | Average        |  Average       |  Good           |  5000
2023/24 |   £55.5m  | Exceptional | Above average  |  Good          |  Great          |  5000

Edited by dkouv

Think I want to try this in FM18 but I want to try Create-a-Club. Since this club would be "unplayable" in the game, if I replaced the lowest rep team in the lowest playable league in an eligible country, would this be OK?

koniz.jpg.506034150bfd494c77ac5c071e574414.jpg

FC Köniz Youth Challenge

Season 8 – 2024/25 – Swiss Super League

League: A close race for the title this year. August was a bit of shambles, as most of my first team got called up for the Olympics, and many key players were moaning about a transfer away. But we managed to stay close to top of the league. We then went on one of those amazing runs, and were 11 points clear at one stage. But then the fixtures piled up, our form dipped, and Basel’s improved, so we went into the last game knowing we had to win to guarantee the league. We did the job, clinching the title by 2 points ahead of Basel.

Cup: Won it easily this time, partly because someone else knocked out Basel.

Europe: A much tougher group draw, with Man City and Bayern to contend with. We almost eaked out of it, but a last-gasp penalty and some missed chances in the games against Bayern effectively sealed our fate, and we finished third (Group table). Still, I was happy we could compete with the top teams in Europe, although the quality of the squad is plateauing so I’m not sure how much higher we can go. Into Europa, we got past Galatasaray and onto Dortmund in the second KO round. We won 3-0 away, but were 4-1 down at home and going out on away goals before Zürcher rescued us and sent us through to the quarters. There Porto were too strong for us, not helped by a sending off early in the first leg; and we were out.

Star players: The attacking shadow striker/winger trio 19b Roger Unterkircher, 20a Eugene Badertscher and 21a Luca Zürcher were top of the pops again, with 44 goals and 38 assists between them.

Facilities: training and youth facilities upgraded, and one extra foreign feeder team added. A new stadium is on the way, but unfortunately the did not name it after me.

Finances: £61.5m – our expenses are going up, but still clearly in the plus

Youth intake | 25a Martin Nadal | 25b Andrew Kelly – not that great again. Still, a decent-looking center back and an Aussie striker from my feeder team look ok, although I'm not quite sure about the striker's finishing of 6. Personalities and determination were also not the best, so much so that I sacked my HOYD and went back to the guy I was using a few years ago, the last time I had a good intake :) Not sure how much it will matter though.

Youth watch: a couple of players from last intake did unexpectedly well, as they got some game time in the positions I was short. 24e Lorenzo Carpentieri, who I only tagged retrospectively, shone in center mid and became the youngest goalscorer ever in the CL, and 23c Darko Srok made good progress at left back.

Transfers: a few more players out, and I wish I had kept some of them, as those Olympic call-ups and quite a few injuries stretched our squad this season.

Next season’s aim: a youth recruitment upgrade would be nice

2023/24 |  1       | R-up   | Quarters    |     n/a     |  20a Badertscher (22)   |  21a Zürcher (14)      |  21a Zürcher (7.8)      |  First CL knock-out appearance
2024/25 |  1       | Won    | Group (3rd) |  Quarters   |  20a Badertscher (18)   |  19b Unterkircher (18) |  19b Unterkircher (7.8) | 

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching   |  Recruitment   | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |   £242k   | Adequate    | Basic          |  Poor          |  Basic          |  2600 
2018/19 |   £1.6m   | Average     | Basic          |  Adequate      |  Poor           |  2600
2019/20 |   £7.5m   | Excellent   | Fairly Basic   |  Basic         |  Below average  |  2600
2020/21 |   £18m    | Exceptional | Fairly Basic   |  Below Average |  Adequate       |  2600
2021/22 |   £32m    | Exceptional | Average        |  Adequate      |  Average        |  3900
2022/23 |   £39m    | Exceptional | Average        |  Average       |  Good           |  5000
2023/24 |   £55.5m  | Exceptional | Above average  |  Good          |  Great          |  5000
2024/25 |   £61.5m  | Exceptional | Above average  |  Impressive    |  Excellent      |  5000

On 09/10/2017 at 09:09, Sn00gle said:

@GreyedOutMan No you can play only on official patch without any modifications

Wouldn't be a patch - create a club is a game mode...you have the same facilities, value etc, just different players and name etc...

8 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Wouldn't be a patch - create a club is a game mode...you have the same facilities, value etc, just different players and name etc...

Sounds like fun to you, but still doesn't fit in the rules of this challenge.

Since I'm waiting for FM18, I need something to help out with my addiction for FM. So I'll take some time to play another youth challenge while I'm looking forward. I'm going to Switzerland. A country I haven't played in before, I think. Loading up the game now, and will chose a team when the holidaying is done.

FC_Rapperswil-Jona.png

Ok, I've taken over FC Rapperswil-Jona, Rapperswil for short. Located a bit southeast of Zürich, with both Zürichsee and Obersee to the south. The squad looks decent, though I don't have any staff at the moment, so it's hard to evaluate. I don't have many strikers though, so it might be time to try a strikerless formation...

My profile

XaW - FC Rapperswil-Jona - 2017/18

FC_Rapperswil-Jona.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Since I took over a squad without much in the way of strikers, I elected to go for a strikerless formation. Some good friendly matches later it seemed to be working and I were looking forward to the new season playing with a 5-3-2-0 formation with wingbacks to give width. As the season started we lost the first two matches without creating anything resembling a scoring chance made me make some changes, but still strikerless. We won the next 3 matches quite comfortably, and we mostly kept it up. Some tweaks here and there, but for the most part the same main style. Going into Christmas we were in 4th place, not far from the top and looking good. The winter break gave us some more time to get familiar with the tactic. When the games were back on we continued the good play and went on a 13 match unbeaten run climbing up towards FC Wil at the top. We didn't quite catch them, but still finished in a very good 2nd place.

In the cup we went all the way to the final! Some lucky draws were we avoided any top tier teams and beating FC Wil in the semi final put us against Sankt Gallen in the final. They took the lead just before half time and held on to it for a long time. We did get the equalizer in the 80th minute and the score was even at the final whistle. In extra time no one found the net and it was down to pens. It was still undecided after 5 pens each, but we missed our 6th pen. Sankt Gallen scored theirs to take the trophy. Still, a much better outing than I expected.

The youth:

We had a good youth intake this season. The most promising players seems to be Francesco Bertini 18a and Eduardo Barbeito 18b.

ojJlkBy.png

Edited by XaW

koniz.jpg.066997a9caeccff06248ca4d5e5bc232.jpg

FC Köniz Youth Challenge

@XaW - great to have you on board, good luck in Switzerland!

Season 9 – 2025/26 – Swiss Super League

League: Basel and Wil gave us a good run for our money but we prevailed in the end, giving me a few games in close-season to play the youngsters.

Cup: Easy-going until the final against Basel. We went behind but equalized with 15 to go, then Basel had a man sent off and we created 3 more CCCs but couldn’t score. Luckily we won the penalty shootout against our nemesis.

Europe: A very tough group draw again, with Tottenham and Bayern. I had my hopes up after we beat Bayern 3-0 at home, but that was followed by a shambolic 2-2 draw away at BATE where we missed 2 penalties and they scored their only one. Comprehensive away defeats to Spurs and Bayern ensured we finished 3rd (Group Table). Got past Shaktar in 1st KO round in the Europa, before narrowly losing to eventual winners Liverpool in the 2nd KO round. Overall we seem to be in good shape but lacking that bit of quality to compete with top European sides and most players have stopped progressing, so I’m waiting for some good intakes to turn this around.

Star players: The attacking trio of 19b Roger Unterkircher, 20a Eugene Badertscher and 21a Luca Zürcher are joined by 23a Sladjan Stevanovic, who joined us 2 years ago and is now our best midfielder. 22a Roland Baggenriet also gets a mention for becoming our best fullback and getting called up by Switzerland.

Facilities: a bug meant the scheduled facility upgrade didn’t go through, but hopefully it will next season. No progress on youth recruitment.

Finances: £65.5m – still very healthy

Youth intake | 26a Ugljesa Tornjanski | 26b Lee Tae-Wook - I went back to my old HOYD and it seems to have paid off, with our first 4* prospect in quite a few years, in one of our weaker areas, central midfield. Also nice to see the top two prospects come through our feeder clubs Rad and Ulsan.

Youth watch: no players came through from last year’s intake, but 24e Lorenzo Carpentieri has made steady progress and was wanted by Real Madrid, which means he threw his toys out of the pram and didn’t play that well, but his attributes look good and he’s one of the few players who doesn’t have yellow for consistency.

Transfers: sold my reserve right-back for  £3m which was good business, and not much else.

Next season’s aim: still waiting on youth recruitment

2024/25 |  1       | Won    | Group (3rd) |  Quarters   |  20a Badertscher (18)   |  19b Unterkircher (18) |  19b Unterkircher (7.8) | 
2025/26 |  1       | Won    | Group (3rd) |  Ko round 2 |  20a Badertscher (25)   |  21a Zürcher (16)      |  19b Unterkircher (7.6) | 

2024/25 |   £61.5m  | Exceptional | Above average  |  Impressive    |  Excellent      |  5000
2025/26 |   £65.5m  | Exceptional | Above average  |  Impressive    |  Excellent      |  5000