• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oroshaza

download.jpg

2022/23

Manager Profile - Finances - Transfers

OTP Bank Liga - League Table - Past Positions - Fixtures

Okay, so lets get this out of the way early.. We won the league!! It wasn't something I went into the season thinking was a possibility.. It wasn't even something I went into the last game of the season thinking was a possibility, I didn't even realize we could go top until we went ahead in out game and even then it relied on my team bettering the result of Ferencvaros who were playing a team towards the bottom of the league. We did a good job in our game leading Ujpest 3-0 a half time (it finished 3-1), so it was down to other teams to decide our league finish.... Ferencvaros went 1-0 down but leveled the game up straight away... 1-1 at half-time leaving us at the top of the table. 8 minutes into the 2nd half Ferencvaros went 2-1 up before getting pegged back themselves just 5 minutes later, I had started getting my hopes up at this point because it was clear that Ferencvaros were not playing nearly as well as they could.  Unfortunatly, Ferencvaros went ahead in the 72nd minute and this is how it looked like it was staying as the games approached the final whistle, I'd given up all hope at this point and was quite happy with a Europa League qualifying round place but Haladas managed to grab an equalizer in the 90th minute leaving the game to finish 3-3 and Oroshaza in the top spot for the first time this season at the only time that matters.

Cups - 

• Magyar KupaWe reached the 4th round before losing to eventual champions Ujpest.
  • LigaKupa        -  Got all the way to the Semi-Finals before a disappointing 2 legged loss to Debrecen.

Transfers

• Jozsef Simon - He left half way through the season and I was really reluctant to let him go but in the end the money was too good to say no to, he's moved onto Qatar and is now earning more than I'm paying my entire squad each week.
  • Marton Csiszar - He was never a real starter but had a good end to last season so when a bid of £400k came in I bit their hand off.

Squad

The stars really aligned this season, and the improvement in defense was incredible, last season we let in a league high 71 goals over the league season, this year we let in 52 less with only 19 conceded over the season... Our goal scoring slowed down too but nowhere near to the same extent. pretty much the whole squad had really impressive seasons with a few notable highlights.

• Sandor Kovari - Our young Goalkeeper really stepped up this year with fantastic performances over the season to finish 2nd in the golden glove award. I fear he's improved to a level that he's now far too good for the club and with only 1 year left on his contract I might be forced to make a decision of whether to cash in on him or stick with him and hope he changes his mind about signing a new deal with us... He's attracting a huge amount of attention from around Europe.
  • Richard Simon - Probably the best player at the club and he has now established himself as Hungary's starting Right-Back, He was fantastic through the season cutting out the mistakes that were there last year. He too only has 1 year left on his contract and isn't interested in signing a new one at the minute so I need to make a decision on him too... He's attracting a fair amount of attention too.
  • Adam Tobias - He improved hugely over the season and turned into one of the leagues best Center-Backs.. Again his main improvement is cutting out the mistakes in his game which has made him much more consistent, He's got a few years left on his contract so he'll be going nowhere despite interest.. He made his full international debut over the summer.
  • Csaba Juhasz - He's only 17 and by far my best Midfielder, hopefully when he turns 18 I can get him tied down with a long term contract but there's interest from Belgium and Sweden as well as Nottingham Forrest so it might be hard to keep hold of him but he's got 2 years left on his contract so I'll keep my fingers crossed... He too has made his full international debut over the summer but just missed out on taking Richard Simon's record of Hungary's youngest ever player.

The Youth - Intake

Another pretty decent intake, I like to think that the improvements in youth coaching and recruitment etc. are starting to show now. There are better players in the intake but there's one thats caught my attention right away;

• Danny Stevenson - He's got the potential to be a decent player at this level but that's not why I like this guy. I like him because I have no idea how he's found with way to Eastern Europe all the way from Brighton, he's our only non Hungarian in the entire playing squad and I already have a little bit of a soft spot for him because of this.... lets hope he can develop well.

Summary

I have no idea how this season has happened really, but I'll take it :p I don't expect to repeat the league performance next year, to be honest I don't expect to have the same squad next year as Richard Simon and Sandor Kovari are proving hard to keep from throwing their toys out of the pram. I'm going into the Champions League 2nd qualifying round next season and I have no expectations for this, I have no idea where we stand in relation to other clubs around Europe so i'm just going to take it one game at a time and see what happens.
Other things that have happened are I've completed all of the coaching badges now so there's that.. Also the training and youth facilities have been upgraded since we won the league as well as junior coaching and youth recruitment too so hopefully there will be the next Ferenc Puskas coming through the ranks in the coming years. Here are the current facilities.

XaW - Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur - 2021

Emblem_of_%C3%8D%C3%BEr%C3%B3ttaf%C3%A9l

Table | Past positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Before the season started we got a massive bid on our best goalkeeper. It was so big I had to accept. Since we have a good backup it wasn't the worst player we could have to sell. The games started with the Upper League Cup as usual and we got past the group stage without much problems and got as far as the quarter final before we lost to KR. A short while later we once again played the Champions game and once again we lost to KR. As the league started moral wasn't good seeing as we lost the two games to KR and that impacted the results. We got off to a bad start and we had some really bad games. We were midtable, but far of Stjarnan who had stormed away early. Around that time we got to play in Europe again. In the Champions League we once again started in the 2nd qualifying round. This time we got drawn against IFK Göteborg of Sweden. In the away game we played an amazing smash and grab style football and somehow managed to win 1-3! In the return match at home we lost 1-2, but it was enough to go through to the next round. Here we drew Celtic again... In the away game we went all out defense, and managed a very good 0-0 result. In the home match we tried the same, but this time Celtic managed to score twice to win it 0-2. Still a good effort from the lads. A loss in the 3rd qualifying round actually qualified us for the Europa League also. We went straight into the playoff round, and here we drew Herta Berlin of Germany. Another very hard opponent for us and it would be a tough ask to go through to the group stage. Once again I went on the defensive in the away game and came away with an credible 1-0 loss. In our home game we had to score so I gave the lads some more attacking tactic and we actually managed a 1-1 draw. We were knocked out, but we could clearly be proud of our attempts in Europe this season.

In the middle of these European games we also had the Visa bikar karla. We got a couple of easy draws along the way and managed to get all the way to the final. Here we were up against a very strong Stjarnan side. It was a very hard fought match with a lot of fouls and cards. However, we took an early lead when Róbert Kristinsson (YP17c) ran through the defense and slotted the ball into the net after only 9 minutes. The rest of the half Stjarnan took control and had a lot of chances, but the defense held until the break. In the second half Stjarnan kept on attacking, but we held on for a long time. In the 77th minute though an error from a defender saw two attackers alone against our goalkeeper. He did his best, but couldn't stop the equalizer. Just before the ref blew for full time Valgeir Hróðmarsson (YP19a) got shown his second yellow card and had to hit the shower. In extra time we still managed to take another lead when Viktor Örn Guðmundsson lobed the ball over the goalkeeper and into the corner. After that it was defending for all it was worth and we managed to hold on to take our first title in the Visa bikar karla.

With only a few matches left of the season we were trailing Stjarnan by 7 points. They refused to lose and even though we won our last 6 matches we still didn't manage to catch them and with one match left Stjarnan were crowned champions. A second place is not the worst, at least when Stjarnan went undefeated the whole season, but after two titles it kind of feels like a loss. Hopefully, we can challenge better next season.

Edit: Oh, and we are building new stadium, but all info is 'TBA'. We are also improving our facilities!

The youth:

In the youth intake this season we got a couple of good players and one in particular I'm excited about in Jason Einarsson (YP21a).

Season League Position Upper league Cup VISA bikar karla Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017 1. deild karla 1st Runner up Semi final N/A N/A Stefán Þór Pálsson – 14 Good Average Adequate Adequate 551 242 Champions
2018 Pepsi-deildin 8th Group stage 3rd round N/A N/A Róbert Kristinsson (YP17c) – 6 Good Average Adequate Adequate 840 358 Survived
2019 Pepsi-deildin 1st Group stage Semi final N/A N/A Darri Auðunsson (YP18a) – 21 Excellent Average Adequate Adequate 1,034 383 Champions
2020 Pepsi-deildin 1st Winner Quarter final N/A 2nd qualifying round Róbert Kristinsson (YP17c) – 13 Exceptional Average Adequate Adequate 1,502 821 Champions
2021 Pepsi-deildin 2nd Quarter final Winner Playoff 3rd qualifying round Viktor Örn Guðmundsson – 19 Exceptional Average Adequate Adequate 3,242 1,069 Cup winners

Sometimes boards in FM are really irritating me. They just sold another player, but that's not what's bothering me this time. The thing that bothers me was that I had negotiated a sale of the same player to another club for 5 times the value they sold him for. Yes, we just lost more than £2M because the board felt "the offer was too good". Idiots! :mad:

It's a shame you couldn't defend your title there @XaW but I guess there's not a huge amount you can do if a team goes undefeated for the entire season... Maybe you're board would be less likely to accept bids if you could get the club to go professional?? Unlucky on getting Celtic again :(.

Yeah the title was really unexpected, It was the lowest points total to win the league since the game started so I do feel like it was a case of my team playing well over the season and the rest of the top teams having an off year.. We could and should have wrapped it up so much sooner looking at it though since we ended up with 12 draws over the season and some of them really should have been wins. I've played a little into the next season and it isn't looking like we'll be retaining the title as we've reverted to form managing to concede as many goals in the first 10 games as we did for the entire season last year.

8 minutes ago, Virtual Male said:

It's a shame you couldn't defend your title there @XaW but I guess there's not a huge amount you can do if a team goes undefeated for the entire season... Maybe you're board would be less likely to accept bids if you could get the club to go professional?? Unlucky on getting Celtic again :(.

Yeah the title was really unexpected, It was the lowest points total to win the league since the game started so I do feel like it was a case of my team playing well over the season and the rest of the top teams having an off year.. We could and should have wrapped it up so much sooner looking at it though since we ended up with 12 draws over the season and some of them really should have been wins. I've played a little into the next season and it isn't looking like we'll be retaining the title as we've reverted to form managing to concede as many goals in the first 10 games as we did for the entire season last year.

Yeah, Stjarnan had a good season, but I think I could have gotten the title if I hadn't started as bad as we did. I've asked the board several times to go professional, but they always refuse. I can't see why, seeing as we have about £2M in the bank. I'll just keep pestering them. It might be a reason why we are selling as much, so I can only hope for a change soon. I think Celtic are becoming my bogey team if we meet them again in the next few years.

Hopefully you can turn things around and challenge for the top spots once again. At least you should get a try in Europe this season!

Yeah, I'm hoping that we can manager a top 3 finish (top 4 depending on cup winners) so we can at least get into the Europa League qualifiers... Only problems being is that we can't actually play at home in Europe because of our tiny little stadium.. So we're playing out European home games nearly 100 miles away from our actual home ground.

Keep going and I'd imagine eventually the board will see that turning professional is the way to go.

6 hours ago, XaW said:

Sometimes boards in FM are really irritating me. They just sold another player, but that's not what's bothering me this time. The thing that bothers me was that I had negotiated a sale of the same player to another club for 5 times the value they sold him for. Yes, we just lost more than £2M because the board felt "the offer was too good". Idiots! :mad:

This board....

Thanks @fabreth.. I should be in a position to tell you how my maiden season in European competition has gone in the next few days.. 

@XaW you're board really seem to be a pain, Lie I've said before I'm really glad mine have stayed out of things for the most part... Hopefully over the next few seasons they take more of a back seat with the transfer dealings.

Welcome aboard @The Art of Drowning and good luck in Iceland.. Hopefully you won't have to deal with a board like @XaW is having to :p 

On 10/04/2017 at 14:53, darren1983 said:

No time to really play for a little while, got 10,000 word dissertation due in 18 days :( 

Dissertation almost done, hand it in in a few days and then I can return to this. Have missed this save these past few weeks :( 

1590.png

2019 Season Review

Profile  | ReviewFinances | Transfers

Post-Nord Ligaen Avdeling 1 - Fixtures - Table - Squad

Yes..we ge promoted! It was maybe half merit and half luck. Like last season, we started badly, maybe I need to change the preseason, make more friendlies as my players begin the league in poor form. Or maybe it's better this way because endseason we were top form. 4 wins and 1 draw in the last 5, a draw with HamKam who left us 2 points behind until the end, but 1 point above the third to gain the playoffs.

Double playoffs.. the first match against the 2nd of the PostNord Ligaen 2. Winning that brought the real final, against the 14th placed of the league above. The final 4-2 after the loss on the first match was really exciting! I feel lucky because playoffs are always a rolling of the dice, but now the first step is done, to the OBOS-Ligaen!

Players

Aase and Dahm are always key players, and the promotion should make possible renewing the contract of the first, who didn't want to half-season. But this year surprise and top player was Mads Peder Sveen, with his goals he replaced Johannessen and brought us promotion.

I have a "problem" with Boe-Tangen, as he seems talented but doesn't improve much. At least he become fairly professional, but with Jorgensen behind he doesn't have much time to imrpove

Class of 2018

Nothing to say about the class of 2019, as they played very little in the first team, but the already mentioned Jorgensen and Nowak are improving and next season could play more, even if one division above. About the same three of past season:

Magnussen - Continues to improve and begin to give me headaches. He doesn't want to renew the contract as he feels he has outgrown the team

Kristoffersen - Expected a little more but he's on the right track. Useful also as right midfielder in the 3-4-3

Gundersen - the third midfielder is approaching Hammer and Balto, if he continues improving next year could be better than both of them.

Thanks for the support guys. This year we had another election and we got a new chairman. I think he might have an even more intrusive style. He just sold two more players of the best players for almost no money. And this is even with over £2M in the bank. The squad are now asking for meetings to discuss the lack quality players in the squad, so I'm in a bad situation. So far I've managed to keep the players happy, but if the board sells more players I have some problems.

Good luck with the dissertation @darren1983! Hopefully everything goes well there. Looking forward to seeing your next update when you have the time!

A very good season there, @fabreth, and congrats on the promotion! Are you going professional now that you are in the 2nd tier?

League Table

Not a bad season, as you can see we had no trouble scoring goals but we had great difficulty keeping them out at the other end.  There were times when I thought we might sneak into the promotion spots but we just lacked any consistency.  The worry is that Jonsson is my far our best player and his contract is up and he has no intention of signing a new one.

Key Players:

Jonsson

Einarsson

Youth Intake

Quite a good youth intake, Matthiasson especially looks like a nice project with 20 in determination a lovely bonus.  Given them game time already and Matthiasson got a goal on his debut.

Key Youth

Hermansson

Kristinsson

Matthiasson

Next year I think I'll let a lot of players go, need to save money as the finances are really poor.  Will be a chance for the youngsters to step up.

Oroshaza

download.jpg

2023/24

Manager Profile - Finances - Transfers

OTP Bank Liga - League Table - Past Positions - Fixtures

After last seasons surprise league win I went into the season expecting to be towards the top of the table again and challenging for a place in European competition and the team performed just as I expected. We were a little wobbly at point of the year, going 6 games without a win towards the end of the season and making it look like we might not get a place in Europe but 3 wins in 4 to finish things off left us 3rd in the league and securing a place in the Europa League 1st Qualifying round.

Cups -... There were quite a few this year so bear with :p

• SzuperKupa - The charity shield equivalent. We missed a 2nd minute penalty then went on to dominate possession and got many more shot off but couldn't hit the target.... They had 3 shots on target... we lost 3-1.
  • LigaKupa - Our form in the group stage was not the best (because of the huge number of games the team was playing) but we got through and went all the way to the final. In the final we were 3-1 up just after half-time but we let in 2 goals towards the end of the game and then lost in extra time.. Disappointing but not too bad since this cup doesn't offer European qualification.
  • Magyar Kupa - We made this look easy, winning every game all the way to the final where we walked away 2-0 winners and guaranteed a place in the Europa League 1st qualifying round before the season was finished (just as well because we were sitting in 5th at the time of the final) 
  • Champions League - The one you're all here for.... We entered in the 2nd qualifying stage and with wins over a team from Israel and another from Cyprus we got to the Champions play-off and played Steaua, that didn't go so well with a 9-2 aggregate loss but it did mean that we dropped into the Europa League group stage.
  • Europa League - We got a group with Palermo, Feyenoord and Rubin so were the weakest team in the group on paper and it didn't start well with the first 3 games ending in 2-0 losses, but in the final 3 games we managed to grab 2 wins against Rubin and Feyenoord leaving us on 6 points and 3rd in the group, it's always disappointing to lose but I think we gave a good showing of ourselves. 

Transfers

We lost a couple of big players this year, but they were unwilling to sign new deals and we have youngsters with the potential to replace them so I decided to cash in on them while I still could.

• Sandor Kovari - Last seasons first choice keeper left for £1m to Viktoria Plzen, I got a 50% of next sale clause which I've already got £550k for since he's moved back to Hungary with Ujpest just a year after he left.
  • Richard Simon - Probably our best player last season but I couldn't risk losing him for nothing so when FC Kobenhavn came in with a £2m bid and 50% of the next sale I couldn't say no.

Squad

Another season with pretty much everyone turning up when they were needed and the players that came in to replace Kovari and Simon stepped up well, a few of the top performers were;

• Gergo Baki -  A player that came through the intake last year but I missed because I was too focused on the English player that came through, He got a place in the starting XI because of an injury and has made it his own getting 30 starts this year. He's also been involved in the Hungary set-up but hasn't got a full cap yet.. He should become the nations youngest player in the near future (Maybe even before he hits 17)
  • Csaba Juhasz - He's probably the best player to come through the youth ranks at the club so far and at only 18 he's running our midfield making 39 starts over the season with a 7.29 average rating. He's just signed a new 4 year deal but was insistent on a £725k release clause so this is something I'll be looking to get rid of asap.
  • Csaba Buza -  For the 3rd season he's our top scorer with 14 in the league and 31 in all competitions. At just 20 this guy still has some room for improvement which is exciting. I am hoping for some new strikers though as we only have 2 that are up to scratch at the minute. 

The Youth - Intake

I don't think I've had a bad intake yet and this year didn't let me down with a number of players that have the potential to become first team players, and one that really stands out;

• Patrik Majzik - An attacking-mid that has the ability to come in as squad rotation next season and I think this lad could be the best player to have come through the system yet if I can develop him right... Hopefully I can keep him for the long-term.

Summary

Another Successful season both on and off the pitch, I'm really happy with how the team did in Europe and delighted at how players have stepped up to fill gaps left by players that left. I feel that the squad has developed over the season and is probably the strongest it has ever been. That being said I don't want to get ahead of myself, I expect to be aiming for a top 3 finish again next season and maybe if things fall right challenging for the top spot. As far as Europe goes this year, I'm hopeful of getting to the group stages of the Europa League again but I'll have to wait and see who I get drawn as it's always a bit of a lottery. 

I've managed to get pretty much everything upgraded again this season so now we've got exceptional junior coaching & established youth recruitment so this should see us being one of the top clubs when it comes to bringing through youth prospects. The youth and training facilities are also being upgraded from the Average and good that they are now, hopefully I will be able to upgrade them again pretty much as soon as they're done since the bank balance is very healthy with just over £7m in there.

XaW - Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur - 2022

Table | Past positions | Squad | Transfers | Financest

Before the season started we lost our maybe best midfielder for pocket change due to the boards infinite wisdom, and that put a damper on my hopes to take the title back this season. However, the season started with the Upper League Cup as usual.  This season we just went ham and won all matches in the group stage to qualify and continued the trend to win the whole thing. Not an important cup, but a title is a title. Then we won the Champions Cup a couple of days after the final in the Upper League Cup, to take our second title. When the season started we continued our good form and won the first couple of matches. We got far in the VISA deild karla and with Europa League added on we suddenly had a lot of games in hand on the other teams, and, as a side effect, we slid down the table. Regarding the VISA deild karla, we had quite some easy draws to give us mostly lower division ties until the final. Here we were up against FH in a tough encounter. After 90 minutes it was 2-2 to go to extra time. Then we showed our quality by scoring twice to clinch our 3rd cup title this season.

In the Europa League we started in the 1st qualifying round where we got drawn against IFK Mariehamn of Finland. In the home tie we crushed them 3-0, and in the away leg we held the game to a controlled 0-0 to progress. In the 2nd round our opponent was Željezničar Sarajevo of Bosnia Herzegovina. I was very unsure what to expect, but when we destroyed them 5-0 at home I was quite surprised. A 2-1 loss away was enough to get to the 3rd qualifying round. There we drew Steaua Bucureşti of Romania. We managed to win 2-1 at home, and in the away leg we lost 2-3, but that was enough to go through on away goals. In the playoff we got draw against Athletic Bilbao of Spain, a very tough opponent. 0-2 loss at home and 2-0 loss away turned out to be the end of our European campaign this season. A very good effort, and I'm very happy with how far we got.

Back to the league. We had as much as 5 games in had on most of the other teams at one point, but were a bit behind at the same time. The schedule was tight, but the players fought to stay fit and did good. We won most of the games in hand, and with 2 matches left the tile was secured for us ensure a domestic clean sweep this season. The only downside was that the board sold another few players I would really want to keep. I hope the new kids who came into the team are ready for next season, since I need to fill out the rotation spots now.

Edit: Oh, and we just got a new stadium! For free! :D

The youth:

A good youth intake this season, but no central midfielder though. The best player seems to be Ólafur Ágústsson (YP22a).

Season League Position Upper league Cup VISA bikar karla Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017 1. deild karla 1st Runner up Semi final N/A N/A Stefán Þór Pálsson – 14 Good Average Adequate Adequate 551 242 Champions
2018 Pepsi-deildin 8th Group stage 3rd round N/A N/A Róbert Kristinsson (YP17c) – 6 Good Average Adequate Adequate 840 358 Survived
2019 Pepsi-deildin 1st Group stage Semi final N/A N/A Darri Auðunsson (YP18a) – 21 Excellent Average Adequate Adequate 1,034 383 Champions
2020 Pepsi-deildin 1st Winner Quarter final N/A 2nd qualifying round Róbert Kristinsson (YP17c) – 13 Exceptional Average Adequate Adequate 1,502 821 Champions
2021 Pepsi-deildin 2nd Quarter final Winner Playoff 3rd qualifying round Viktor Örn Guðmundsson – 19 Exceptional Average Adequate Adequate 3,242 1,069 Cup winners
2022 Pepsi-deildin 1st Winner Winner Playoff N/A Brynjar Óli Þráinsson (YP20a) – 33 Exceptional Average Average Average 3,088 1,076 Full domestic sweep

Well done @XaW, things are looking good for you (apart from your board ;)). Agustsson looks like he could be a dominant center back.

Yeah, how we did in Europe came as a surprise to me.. It has really helped the finances though, I got nearly £3m in prize money from the Champions League and Europa League :D 

16 minutes ago, Virtual Male said:

Well done @XaW, things are looking good for you (apart from your board ;)). Agustsson looks like he could be a dominant center back.

Yeah, how we did in Europe came as a surprise to me.. It has really helped the finances though, I got nearly £3m in prize money from the Champions League and Europa League :D 

Thanks, yeah he are already in the main team and does well. Hopefully the board will see the error of their ways soon. But they still won't go professional, though.

39 minutes ago, Virtual Male said:

A good season there @fabreth, congratulations on the promotion!!

Hopefully you can sort things out at the back @The Art of Drowning and get promotion next year... Is there a team in your division that got European football?? A cup win?

Didn't even clock that!  Yeah they won the cup, beat another team from our league in the final too :D

1590.png

2020 Season Preview

Intake

This is a nice intake..still no one ready for first team right away, but lot of potential, and covered in missing roles like the keeper and the left defender. Another two natural strikers, of that there already are many.

Alander - potentially my future keeper, but that tendency to punch worries me a little

Holmen - another one in the right side.. but I'll take it, good jolly on all the sideline (even if not so great as a defender I think)

Haldorsen - quality attacking midfielder.. in my current tactics i don't use one, but that could change

Haukassveen - teamwork, ambition and bravery.. I'll keep an eye, because we don't have talented left defenders and Hjelmveldt goes for the 30 years.

Stamnli and Torp - forwards again (and also right wingers..again). Jorgensen started better and is responding well to Aase tutoring, so both of them are behind him, but who knows..

Media Prediction: 16th ... of 16 teams. Good. :D

Board Expectations: Mid-table. Wait.. what? :idiot:

OBOS-Ligaen is a strange league. Half teams professional, the other half semi-professional. I tried to ask for professionism, but no way ( @XaW this answers your question). So in fact the board wants us to be the better semi-pro team. Sponsorship has increased by 100k, tv revenue will be higher, so I took a little prize in upping the junior coaching, which now is good.

@fabreth Good luck in the next division up. Are you in the top division now? I'm glad that my club was pro from the start. Hope you can stay up, and hope that it will be less stressful than my first as a promoted club.

@XaW Must admit, I haven't had any discipline problems with my intake. Maybe because they're Russians I'll only get a notification if one of them isn't getting through a bottle of vodka for breakfast. Hope you have a professional tutor. 

Tutoring is proving to be a real problem for me. I have only 2 potential tutors, who are balanced with determinations of 10 (but have reasonably high pro stats). When I took over the team, I was enticed by the fairly pro squad description, but the only effect that the squad personality has is a negative one on determination. This means that even the youths that come in with a decent determination will have lost it by the time they reach 24. I'm desperately trying to bring in more determined staff, but finding any good staff is still almost impossible, even in the top division. Building a squad personality through tutoring is one of the things I enjoy, so this is a major bummer for me.

Anyway, I suppose it's good that your bad boy doesn't mind being fined 2 weeks wages, or perhaps he's too drunk to understand.

@Virtual Male Are your club really rich now? 8 million or so looks ok for a few more upgrades. Are you full to capacity at your ground and going to need a new one soon? Anyway, hope you get a friendly draw next season in Europe.

@The Art of Drowning Hope the finances sort themselves out. Up to now I've needed to let players go (not that my Chairman has always given me a choice) to balance the books, but I've been able to get offers of a million and up for some of them. The values on your best players look shockingly low, so I hope that you can play clubs off against each other and create a bidding war. I think finances can really sink this challenge. Russia's not exactly a piece of cake and even the Russian Cup offers very little in the way of money, as I discovered this season.

Vikeologist's 2019/20 Chita 'The Great Escape' Season Report

th?id=OIP.WeVsBZAqlhOgAVdlSImNAACCCm&w=1

League - No even trying to bury the lead. We survived, but I don’t ever want to go through a season like this one again.

The start of the season was actually quite relaxing. We went 13 league games (out of 30) without a single win, and in the 14th match at half time we were 2-0 down to the team above us. So I knew we were going to be relegated, and I figured maybe it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Then we came back to win that 14th match 3-2, and the great escape was on.

Even though we hadn’t won a league game, we had won in the cup, and indeed we made it all the way to the final. I had dreams of playing in Europe next season, quite possibly from the second division down, but Spartak thrashed us in the final.

Anyway, my young team were improving all the time. 7 of my first team were youth prospects (on merit) by the second half of the season. We started picking up good results, and I had dreams of not only making it out of the 2 automatic relegation spots, but even out of the 2 relegation playoff places. It wasn’t to be, as teams above us also improved, and we were in danger of automatic relegation on the last day of the season. The other team in the playoffs beat us, but luckily the team below us also lost. So a playoff against the National League team, Tosno, who’d finished 3rd. We’d already beaten Tosno in the cup. The first (away) leg though was very nervy, and finished 2-2. Our away goals were valuable, but I still felt sick to my stomach at the prospect of the second leg. However that was a walk in the park. We were 3-0 up by half time, and our 5500 formation made sure it stayed that way.

With our team improving all the time, we shouldn’t have too many problems next season, so hopefully it will be less stressful. However we were very lucky with the lack of injuries this season, and it won’t take many to expose our profound lack of depth in midfield and attack. I’m going to be releasing a lot of backup veterans over the summer, which is a risk, but I can’t really justify their high salaries given that they are past it, and only slightly better than some of the poor youth players who’ll be taking their places.

Squad

Top Goalscorer – Andrey Razborov– 18 Seven of his goals were in the cup (a new Russian Cup record), but still not a terrible tally given our struggles. 80 goals in my 4 seasons, so I don’t think he’s going to make it to 1,000 goals. Our other striker Fomin is better than him, but Fomin still isn’t actually a prolific goal scorer.

Best Average Rating Ruslan Navletov 6.96 You know, I’ve been doing this sort of format for season reviews for a while, and I have never had a team where nobody broke the 7 mark for average ratings. That’s his overall rating as well which is inflated by his cup performances. Ruslan is a very good defensive midfielder that I utilise as a mamahuhu central defender.

Man of Match – Fomin / Razborov – 4

MVP – Nobody. (Or if you want the BS I gave the players, the whole team).

Transfers – The only player we lost was Sergey Rylov (YP2c) for a potential £3 million. Rylov is like Navletov, a defensive midfielder, who was never going to be as good in central midfield. It hurt to lose someone in that position, but I wasn’t too distraught at losing him. I just hoped that I’d get a couple of good central midfielders in the …..

Youth Intake

No 5-starred central midfielders. There were a couple I hoped would surprise me with their development, and they have, only by turning out to be useless so far.

Still there were some useful players from a depth point of view. (I tag the good wingers, but no point mentioning them. Hopefully someone will give me some money for them eventually).

Sergey Prokopenko (YP4a) Went straight into the squad as my backup attacking midfielder, and I did need a backup. He didn’t get many games at first though. Even though I’m going to keep on training him as an attacking midfielder, he probably will mostly see playing time as a central midfielder, as apart from our starters, we have nobody.

Vladimir Bondarev (YP4b) Will be our backup left back from next season, but his only first team action was as a sub in the playoff second leg as part of our shield wall.

Alexey Gladyshev (YP4d) A right back, who’s currently behind at least 2 other youths. You never know though.

Sergey Masaev (YP4e) He was instantly our third best striker, then equally instantly injured for three months. Once recovered, played a couple of minutes at the end of the playoff first leg, and then got himself injured for another couple of months. The end result of all this is that he’s going backwards. Hopefully he’s not as injury prone as his first few months with us suggest.

Arsen Borisov (YP4f) A central defender, and currently 11th in the depth chart. What I wouldn’t give to be able to swap a couple of defenders for central midfielders.

First Team Intake Players

Mikhail Prikhodko (YP3b) and Nikita Ivanov (YP2d) are now our starting wingbacks. Igor Bondarev (YP3a) and Alexey Komissarov start alongside Navletov in midfield. Koissarov was part of the YP2 intake and has come along very nicely.

There’s 4 youths all competing for the central defender slot alongside Yarmolitskiy, but no clear winner yet.

Season	Division				Position	Notes										
16/7	National League				7th		Missed out on playoffs with 2 points from our last 5 matches.
17/8	National League				14th		Flirted with relegation all season, but it never got to see us naked.
18/9	National League				2nd		Automatic promotion.
19/20	Championship				14th		Avoided relegation in playoff.	

9 hours ago, Virtual Male said:

Is he even getting paid at this point @XaW? :p Would giving him a tutor be any help? try to increase him professionalism or something?

I don't think he have cashed a check since January! I can't tutor him unfortunatly, due to him being an established first team player already. I think he might have had a drop in his professionalism after him and I had a bit of a falling out after he wanted to leave, but I said no. I can't really put him on the stands either seeing as he is our best striker by far! He have stated he wants to stay now, though, and haven't missed any trainings or matches since. Hopefully, the worst is behind us, and he can continue with his good behaviour.

4 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@XaW Must admit, I haven't had any discipline problems with my intake. Maybe because they're Russians I'll only get a notification if one of them isn't getting through a bottle of vodka for breakfast. Hope you have a professional tutor. 

Tutoring is proving to be a real problem for me. I have only 2 potential tutors, who are balanced with determinations of 10 (but have reasonably high pro stats). When I took over the team, I was enticed by the fairly pro squad description, but the only effect that the squad personality has is a negative one on determination. This means that even the youths that come in with a decent determination will have lost it by the time they reach 24. I'm desperately trying to bring in more determined staff, but finding any good staff is still almost impossible, even in the top division. Building a squad personality through tutoring is one of the things I enjoy, so this is a major bummer for me.

Anyway, I suppose it's good that your bad boy doesn't mind being fined 2 weeks wages, or perhaps he's too drunk to understand.

I also have an issue with turoring. I had a great tutor far back in the days with a great personality and good determination, but he retired after only a season or so. It also seems that the squad have a bad squad personality, since determination keeps dropping for most players every season. The squad reports also states this. I've tried to remedy it by keeping every young player with a decent determination no matter how poor they are, just to get a better "squad determination", but I haven't done it long enough to see if it have any effect.

Other then that I can't really do much to improve things in tutoring other than NOT tutoring the young players with good personalities and hope the youngster with good personalities can become good tutors when they are old enough.

Congrats on staying up! With only youth players that's not easy! Now that the kids have seen it's possible, and with another season under their belts hopefully they will continue to improve.

@fabreth: Ah, ok, I haven't played in Norway for a while, so I was unsure if the 2nd tier was pro or semi-pro. Thanks for the info!

@XaW Staff also have an impact on your squad personality. This isn't a ready solution for me though as there's maybe a total of about 4 Resolute staff willing to join me, and the only one that's viable is a player who has a year left on his contract (with another team) so hopefully at some point soon he won't want to play anymore and I'll get him as my DofFootball.

No Model Pros, and basically it's slim pickings staff wise for me. I have too many Fairly Pros which has led to a dip in determination, but also a good coach of any personality is hard to find. If you get a good coach with a good personality, it's worth keeping them tied to long-term contracts. I lost a couple of good ones early on leaving it too late to start renewal talks.

Scouts are a good way to impact your side, because they have no real purpose in this challenge other than to scout players with staff attributes (to find out their personality) and try to expand your scouting range to find more staff (which doesn't work for me as it's basically only Russian staff that want to join). You can employ staff entirely on their personality (and in particular determination) as their judging stats really don't matter.

However, like you I haven't been able to arrest the slide in determination.

7 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@Virtual Male Are your club really rich now? 8 million or so looks ok for a few more upgrades. Are you full to capacity at your ground and going to need a new one soon? Anyway, hope you get a friendly draw next season in Europe.

@vikeologist I've got some cash in the bank at the minute but I wouldn't say we're a rich club... Over the save I've sold £13m worth of players and got maybe £8m in prize money for Europe etc. So thats what's keeping things ticking over...... The stadiums getting filled now, but thats only £24,500 for a home game so not a great source of income, I'm mainly relying on selling players each year and hoping to replace them through the youth system which is how my clubs oldest player has ended up being 22 years old.

6 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@XaW Staff also have an impact on your squad personality. This isn't a ready solution for me though as there's maybe a total of about 4 Resolute staff willing to join me, and the only one that's viable is a player who has a year left on his contract (with another team) so hopefully at some point soon he won't want to play anymore and I'll get him as my DofFootball.

No Model Pros, and basically it's slim pickings staff wise for me. I have too many Fairly Pros which has led to a dip in determination, but also a good coach of any personality is hard to find. If you get a good coach with a good personality, it's worth keeping them tied to long-term contracts. I lost a couple of good ones early on leaving it too late to start renewal talks.

Scouts are a good way to impact your side, because they have no real purpose in this challenge other than to scout players with staff attributes (to find out their personality) and try to expand your scouting range to find more staff (which doesn't work for me as it's basically only Russian staff that want to join). You can employ staff entirely on their personality (and in particular determination) as their judging stats really don't matter.

However, like you I haven't been able to arrest the slide in determination.

Yeah, I try to get in the best staff possible in that regard. This is the best one I have found, and he is appointed as U19 Manager. Being professional and with 18 Det he should have a positive influence on the youngsters. I do struggle to get in staff with good personalities though, since only Icelandic staff are willing to join me (except a couple of elderly players located here in Iceland with horrible stats). I just checked my possibilities, and I have 0 staff with Professional, Model Pro, Model Citizen or Perfectionist available. Those personalities are the ones I feel are the best a player can have.

I haven often followed this guide. It is from FM13 or 14, so it might not be 100%, but still close enough to be a general guideline, and I use it as such (I bookmarked it way back then, along with this to develop youngsters following Cleon's approach. Well worth a read if you have some time to kill and want great youngsters).

Seeing as this Icelandic adventure is a long term project I might have to pull up my spreadsheets and evaluate all my players again to try to figure out their hidden stats from the guide. I love football hence my love for spreadsheets shouldn't surprise anyone! ;)

Ok, using the guide in the post above I managed to create this:

bmsxL3VW.jpeg

Now what can I take from this? Well, some things are more obvious than others

1. I clearly have an issue with determination.
  2. I have a very loyal midfield.
  3. Very few controversial and/or temperamental players (High temp and low cont is what you want here)
  4. The best players are reflected in their personality/hidden stats
  5. A lot is still unsure, vague even with this guide

I obviously need to get more youngster with a high determination, and I need to be even better at using determination as a factor with the youngsters. The loyalty is welcome, though not many of those players are head hunted by bigger clubs, so it's not as big a deal as it could be. I'm happy I don't have many temperamental or controversial players. Though Þráinsson (YP20a) would claim otherwise, he isn't as controversial as he could be, I'm guessing the issues he had is down to a low professionalism.

My best players the last few season have been the goalkeeper Víðisson (YP18c) and Helgason (YP18e) with good personalities along with Þráinsson (YP20a) and Snorrason (YP19d) with ok personalities. The players who have preformed sub par is also the ones with the worse stats here, so for me it seems to have a rather big impact. I also notice I have used Bergsson (YP21b) very little despite a good personality and stats here. I think I'll give him more game time and see if he will do better than I expect.

I'm going to keep updating this list for me once a season from now on, to give myself a reminder of who should be prioritized for development if I'm in doubt.

Edit: Oh, and in case you were wondering why a lot in that screenshot have that squiggly red line under the words; No, I'm not a native English speaker, so my spreadsheet wordlist isn't English, but I think I might add it! :) 

1590.png

2020 Season Review

Review | Finances

OBOS-Ligaen - Table - Schedule 1 - Schedule 2

A very good first season in the 2nd tier. Promotion enthusiasm brought a great start which allowed us to play with tranquillity the second half of the season and allowed youngsters to be fielded.

Worth mentioning the cup run, ended in the quarterfinals, which brought money and a little fame.

Squad - Transfers

In the end, it's bye bye Magnussen. At least I sold him on my terms (350k + 50% on next sale), and I already have a replacement (and a potentially future one).

Nowak - improved a lot and took Magnussen place. Already complaining after Molde offer, hope he changes his mind

Jorgensen - determination 17, learned very well from Aase and improved a lot. Next season will be a first team, if not key, player

Isaksen - one of the original guys, never mentioned, but he deserved it on the field, like last season he played well and brought goals and assists

Einarsen - class of 2019 in the first team, 5 star potential, hope the playing time triggers his improvements

Haldorsen - class of 2020, switched some times to a wide 4-2-3-1 to give him and some young wingers playing time

Future

New elections, new president, old management. Still they don't want to go professional. I have some very talented players, in a season or two I should have a very good team, but if we stay semi-professionals, they may easily want to leave

Another good season there @fabreth, and only a few points off the promotion places.. Fingers crossed for next year :D.

After reading through the links you've posted and what you've written @XaW my brain feels like mush :p hopefully you're very detailed and hands on approach to developing your youngsters pays off.

A very strong season there @fabreth! Good to survive with lots of pro teams around.

@Virtual Male: I've been doing this challenge for some years now so I've had my fair shares of tries. I remember some years ago @Braumiller and I had some spreadsheets to calculate what position players were best at only by looking at stats. This was in order to retrain players to their "best" position based on their stats rather than what position they actually knew. So I'm not new to using spreadsheets to develop youths in FM! I can only hope it actually pays of, at least I'm enjoying it, crazy as it sounds! :idiot:

XaW - Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur - 2023

Table | Past positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

At the end of last season my board once again sold an important player for small change, so I had to do some changes to my planned tactic again. With the youngsters another year older and more experienced I was hoping we could retain the title, and continue to get to know Europe. But before the season we played in the Upper League Cup as usual. We progressed through the group stage without much effort, and had a comfortable ride to the final where we beat FH to retain the title from last year. Then a couple of days later we also retain the Champions Cup when we beat ÍA. So two for two in titles. The league started good, though with some bad losses in the midst of almost only wins. I had a hard time figuring out why we lost those matches, so I'm chalking it down to variance and misfortune. The the VISA bikar karla started and we had another easy ride to the final only drawing a single top tier team along the way. Even in the final we met a second tier team, and beat them quite comfortably to retain the cup and our third title.

In Europe we were back into the Champions League again, and we started out against IFK Göteborg of Sweden in the 2nd qualifying round. When we surprisingly drew 1-1 in Sweden we actually had a chance. In the home match the score was 1-1 after 90 minutes to take it to extra time. As soon as the first extra time started we ran straight to their goal and hit the net, then it was parking the bus for the remainder of the time. We held on to qualify for the next round, an amazing feat by the players. In the 3rd qualifying round we got unlucky with the draw and got the hardest opponent we could in Basel of Switzerland. We did our best, but lost 2-0 away and 0-2 at home to get knocked out. We did get into the Europa League playoff match though, and here we got another tough draw in Standard Liège of Belgium. We managed to hold them to 0-0 in Iceland, but in the rematch we only almost made it when we lost 2-1. Oh so close to the group stage and many million pounds, but no cigar. Still a great try and we got a lot further than expected.

Back in the league we once again had quite some matches in hand on the other team, but once we caught up we had a rather good lead on everyone except Íþróttafélagið Fylkir who were only 3 points behind. Then one of the latter games was away against just Íþróttafélagið Fylkir. We managed to beat them 1-2 to clinch the title the second time in a row and 4th time in total. This completed our second domestic clean sweap in a row.

Our new stadium should be ready before next season, and we now have over £1M in the bank. I'm trying to save up cash now, since I'm guessing the only reason we don't go professional is that the board are worried about the financial status of the club. So if we save for a few years we should have a couple of million and that should be sufficient I hope.

The youth:

A great youth intake this season where we got two great prospects in Guðmundur Sigurðsson (YP23a) and Ari Leifur Ágústsson (YP23b).

2022 Pepsi-deildin 1st Winner Winner Playoff N/A Brynjar Óli Þráinsson (YP20a) – 33 Exceptional Average Average Average 3,088 1,076 Full domestic sweep
2023 Pepsi-deildin 1st Winner Winner Playoff 3rd qualifying round Brynjar Óli Þráinsson (YP20a) – 19 Exceptional Average Average Good 2,493 1,274 Full domestic sweep

League Table  So we did our best to bottle it towards the end and were not consistent enough to maintain a title challenge but I will certainly take it.  A real positive was the number of players from our youth intake immediately becoming regulars.

Transfers

As mentioned it was nice to have our youth intake making an impact, nobody did this better than Mathhiasson who looks a real prospect.  He has no intention of signing a new deal but hopefully promotion will help there.

Einarsson was probably our other best player.

Youth intake not as good as last time but a couple of decent players in there:

Vilhjhamsson & Jonsson the pick of them.

No idea what to expect next year, the finances still aren't good but the board are taking out loans to help out temporarily.

Yeah I suppose the board have had to loan us money to keep us in the black so they have every right to get their money back.  Matthiasson is being a real dick too so won't be long until he goes, half of belgium want him at the moment.  Nice work on the stadium, should help the finances and in turn help the push to turn pro.

The ones who left

But XaW, I hear you say, what about the talents you and your board have sold? How are they faring in their new clubs? Are they playing or just rotting away?

Well, how nice of you to ask, since I thought about doing a summary of "The ones who left". Either by my own choice, or because our chairmen (plural) have been too quick on the trigger. In every case of chairman intervention I am 100% confident I could have gotten a way better deal. Anyway, on to the players and how their careers have gone since they left.

Árni Freyr Tryggvason (YP16a) - History - Sold to KAA Gent for £205k in 2019. The first one who got sold. I sold him since I felt I had better options. After leaving us he didn't play much in Belgium, getting loaned back to other Icelandic clubs for two years. He got release from Gent not long ago before getting picked up by an Iceland second tier club.
Darri Auðunsson (YP18a) - History - Sold by the board to Cardiff for £35k in 2020. The board went over my head and sold him when he was my star striker. Have slowly gotten eased into the first team at Cardiff and are now a regular there. Luckily, we have 40% sell clause for him, so with his worth of £6,75M I'll probably get a good amount should any big club want him.
Kristinn Einarsson (YP17a) - History - Sold to Standard Liège for £2,1M in 2021. My biggest sale yet, for a player I wanted to keep, but couldn't turn down the offer. Silly money, especially when it's evident that he don't play for his Belgian employer at all! He have a bit over a year left on him contract, so I'm not sure if my on sale clause will trigger.
Valgeir Hróðmarsson (YP19a) - History - Sold by the board to West Bromwich Albion for £220k in 2022. The start of the sell spree of the board in 2022. He had played great for us, and I have rejected bids of more than 3 times the amount the board suddenly decided to sell him for. Have slowly started to get some matches in Premier League. We have 40% on sale clause at least.
Sindri Hilmarsson (YP20b) - History - Sold by the board to Stoke for £225k in 2022. One of the sales I'm most irritated by. It left us with a big gaping hole at the back, and for such a small amount of cash as well. I considered him as one of the best talents we had. Gotten a couple of matches in Premier League so far. We have a lot of clauses including a 40% sale clause at least.
Hermann Ágúst Ólafsson (YP17e) - History - Sold by the board to Bologna for £275k in 2022. Also a sale that really hit us hard. We didn't have any good backups for him, so I have to resort to a position change in order to replace him. He plays, mainly of the bench, in Serie A.
Jason Einarsson (YP21a) - History - Sold by the board to Watford for £275k in 2023. The biggest blow we could have gotten and we are still feeling the aftermath. The attacking midfielder role is something that is lacking the same quality that we had with him. Regular of the bench in Championship last season, and have continued the trend in Premier League this season. He have also become a regular for Iceland, and still only 19. At least the board managed to get a 40% on sale clause, so we can cash in a bit more on this amazing talent.

Archived