Sports Interactive Community
Braumiller

FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

5 hours ago, Sn00gle said:

SI trools with 580m donation ;(

Just had it myself. I can't remember when I first saw it. Must have been 4-5 years ago or something.

XaW - Royal Cappellen - 2018/19

r-cappellen-fc.png

Table | Playoff | Squad | Transfers | Finances

We were close last season, and I had hopes we could compete once again, this time without the horrible collapse towards the end. The season started great though as we won the first 4 matches and it seemed like we were flying. It soon changed though, and we got down to earth by losing a couple in a row before drawing another. Still, we were part of the top contenders for promotion for the most of the season. When the season went into the final part it was really close and a lot of teams were fighting for the playoff spots. With only a single game left a lot of teams could overtake eachother. We managed to hold on though and qualified for the promotion playoff. Here we struggled against the best teams and finished in a 3rd place. No promotion this year either, but hopefully another year will do us good.

Financially we are still losing a lot of money. This lead to the board selling one of our most promising youngsters in the January window. They also slashed by wage budget in half, so a lot of players will have to leave this summer. Luckily, we got a couple of decent youngster to hopefully fill in the spots.

The youth:

A decent youth intake with a couple of talents, the best of them are Niels Segers (YP19a)

Season League Position Cofidis Cup Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017/18 Derde Klasse 2nd 7th round N/A N/A Dirk Mathyssen – 19 Adequate Basic Below Average Below Average 818 277 Playoff
2018/19 Derde Klasse 3rd 6th round N/A N/A Dirk Mathyssen – 16 Adequate Basic Below Average Below Average 956 311 Playoff

200px-New_fc_vityaz_logo_2011.png

Getting back in the challenge. Meet the new Manager of Vityaz Podolsk!

Pretty balanced squad, though kinda small and to top it all, this will be the first time I manage in Russia. Already bummed as i found out there are 5 teams relegating from the second division.

XaW - Royal Cappellen - 2019/20

r-cappellen-fc.png

Table | Playoff | Squad | Transfers | Finances

With two playoffs I once again had hopes for this season. It started kind of bad though as the board sold one of the best youngster we had for pocket change. £650 to be more precise. Sure, that will help a lot with our debt of more than £1M! </sarcasm>. We actually had our worst start in the league since I started. We begun with 4 draws in a row, and we struggled to find the net. Last year we conceded too much while scoring freely, this season started with a lack of goals. Slowly we started picking up more and more points and kept creeping up the table. Going into the winter break we were back in the fight for promotion. After the break we continued our good form and picked up a lot of points. While this was going on we actually had our first cup run this season. We got as far as the quarter final, beating a couple of teams from higher tiers on the way. We lost out to Genk, but it still was a very good run, even if it didn't bring in much money. As the season closed we were in a very good 2nd place and once again qualified for the promotion playoff. Here we had a good run and actually managed to win the whole thing. The team leading going into the playoff, Lommel United, bombed completely and wasted their lead and finished 4th. We are ready for the 2nd tier of Belgian football, and I can't wait.

Financially we are still a mess, but the promotion could possibly help out with that. I'm not sure how the rules are in the second tier, but I'm just about to find out.

Edit: We just turned professional and we are expanding our stadium!

The youth:

A pretty good youth intake this season, but we got more quantity than quality. The best player are probably Loric Kiaku (YP20a).

Season League Position Cofidis Cup Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017/18 Derde Klasse 2nd 7th round N/A N/A Dirk Mathyssen – 19 Adequate Basic Below Average Below Average 818 277 Playoff
2018/19 Derde Klasse 3rd 6th round N/A N/A Dirk Mathyssen – 16 Adequate Basic Below Average Below Average 956 311 Playoff
2019/20 Derde Klasse 2nd Quarter final N/A N/A Eugene Ansah – 25 Adequate Basic Below Average Below Average 1,039 319 Promoted
Edited by XaW

XaW - Royal Cappellen - 2020/21

r-cappellen-fc.png

1st phase | 2nd phase | Overall table | Playoff | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Up in the second tier of Belgian football, and it took a while to understand exactly how this league works out. For some reason Belgian seems to love playoffs and phases and other qualifications. And, they apparently hate promotions and relegations. Now, bare with me while I try to explain how the Proximus League works. First you play 1st phase, 8 teams play each other twice and the top team qualify for the Champions playoff. Then it's time for the 2nd phase. It plays pretty much the same as 1st phase, where the top team qualify for the Champions playoff. Then the Champions playoff are played between the two teams and the winner are apparently promoted, while the loser are not. For the other teams, 4 of the lowest teams play a relegation playoff league where the lowest placed team are relegated. Some of the other teams that are not in the relegation playoff or the winner of the Champions playoff are qualified for the European Places playoff along with a bunch of teams from the top tier. I have no idea how or why or which teams go into this playoff, so bare with me while I keep on getting a hang of Belgium. Now that that is all cleared up (yeah right), let's get to how my season progressed.

We started much better than I expected winning our three first matches. During the fall we played very good and fought for the top spot for a long time. In the end, though, we fell just short as Waasland-Beveren finished in the top spot to qualify for the champions playoff. In the 2nd phase we started a bit slow, but soon found the same form as we had earlier in the season. This put us up top of the table and in the end we finished there to qualify for the Champions playoff. I'm guessing it's not that much of a difference of the two tiers I've played in so far. In the playoff we played Waasland-Beveren, and had a horrible match in the first leg as we lost 5-1. This extinguished just about all hope we had. In the second leg they shut up shop and it ended 0-0 since we didn't manage to threaten much. Close, but no surprise promotion for us. I was unsure what would happen next since we were still in early March, but suddenly we were qualified for the Euro playoff. I have no why, but why not. I was going to get to play against a couple of top tier teams. Of course we struggled, but we did as best we could. In the end we finished in 5th place of the 6 teams. The kicker here in Belgium is that I actually got the most points in the league and won the Overall table, still no promotion. Hopefully next season.

Financially we are no longer in the red. Firstly we had a takeover, a director took over and restructured the finances with a loan. Then in January the new board sold two of our best players, though we got a good amount of cash for them, so I can kind of understand why they did it. I managed to get the youth recruitment and youth coaching improved, so that helped out quite a lot with the youth intake.

The youth:

We had a fantastic youth intake this season! The best of the bunch seems to be Liam Peeters (YP21a).

2019/20 Derde Klasse 2nd Quarter final N/A N/A Eugene Ansah – 25 Adequate Basic Below Average Below Average 1,039 319 Promoted
2020/21 Proximus League 1st 7th round N/A N/A Eugene Ansah – 23 Average Fairly basic Below Average Below Average 2,641 723 Lost the playoff

Dulwich Hamlet - Season 2038/39 - Championship

58279a028e8b9_DulwichHamletBadge.png.2d66c72cdce5cbf19c1380bdd2f3376a.png

League - our 7th season at this level followed a familiar path as we again finish mid table. This time though it's fully on me, with 11 games to go we hit the magical 50 point mark and I then started playing some of the higher potential youths in an effort to get them game time. Cost us a few league placings but not much difference between 10th and 15th in the grand scheme of things.

League Cup - not great as per usual

FA Cup - gave premier league stoke a couple of tough games before they beat us in extra time

Transfers - sold Evans (18C) good player but only 12 months left in his deal and wanted to go. Also sold Farley (20B) as he wanted to leave

Squad - some much needed game time to some young players but still really reliant on players from my league one days which says a lot 

Finances - still looking pretty, upgrade to a level 1 category now and even have youth recruitment at above average.

Youth Intake - pretty good one this time with 5 players tagged for what feels like first time in ages, some worryingly poor personalities though

Andrew Stewart (22A) - Hopefully the striker we've been waiting for

Paul Doran (22B) - if Stewart isn't then maybe Doran will be the striker

Andy Alexander (22C) - looks to be the supply line for the forwards 

Tyrone Cole (22D) - another potentially solid GK

Ben Burns (22E) - another decent looking CB

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2023/24		EFL2		4th		Lost Playoff Semi Final	
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2027/28		EFL2		3rd 		Promotion!
2028/29		EFL1		3rd		Lost in Playoff Semi Final
2029/30		EFL1		13th		
2030/31		EFL1		8th		EFL trophy runner up
2031/32		EFL1		2nd		Promotion
2032/33		Champ		10th	
2033/34		Champ		16th 
2034/35		Champ		13th 
2035/36		Champ		11th 
2036/37		Champ		16th 
2037/38		Champ		11th 	
2038/39		Champ		15th 

This is just impossible one unhappy player made whole team morale down and they intentionaly losing every game great

Well, managed a whole season in Russia with a single goalkeeper and still managed to finish in top 10. Come second season, he leaves (together with my best striker and goalscorer) and I get no replacement from the youth intake. Needless to say I quit, and won't be returning anytime soon :)

Is Imgur the best way to host images? Just doing my first season update here and unsure.

Edited by AdamFitz

Well i've started a new game with Cove Rangers in Scotland, lets see how it goes...

21126.png

A 12 man squad which includes two keepers. :s

Squad

I'll do a more detailed update once i've completed a season.

Edited by kenbelly83

18 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

@AdamFitz - using fmshots myself, especially dedicated to fm captures, but imgur is pretty good also.

Thanks I'll take a look at that!

66f7ef74131c51fc1d7b55420096735f_400x400

IF Gnistan 2017 Season

Media Prediction: 7th
Final Position: 2nd (promoted via promotion playoff)

Started strong, form dipped in the middle of the year but finished off strong, only 3 points behind champions TPS. Drew PS Kemi in the promotion playoff, we were heavy favourites so stuck with the tactic that had been serving us well in the previous few games for the first leg, turned out to be a huge mistake as we lost 6-4 in a crazy game. Changed things around in the second leg, playing a basic 4-4-2 to give my talented back-up striker a chance. Turned out to be a great decision as we won 3-0 after 120 minutes securing promotion at the first time of asking. A brilliant achievement but going to find it extremely difficult to stay up. If we are as lucky with injuries as we were this season we might have a chance.

Finnish Cup - 2nd Round (lost 2-0 to IFK Mariehamn)
Performed well in the group stage, including a great 0-0 draw away to eventual winners HJK. Mariehamn totally outclassed us in the next round and deservedly went through.

Best Players
3rd - Biran Jeng
Our best defender with a knack for scoring important goals.
2nd - Joonas KautiChipped in with a good few assists and won the league's Player of the Year award for his efforts.
1st - Aleksander AkbarGoal machine. Played him up front by himself but may change that after seeing the 4-4-2's success.

Youth Intake
No one who's going to come in and contribute straight away but definitely some potential. Risto SyväjärviJarno Peltonen and Ville Järvinen are the pick of the bunch.

Finances
A shambles. Hopefully TV money from the top league and increased attendances will help us but currently we're leaking about £25,000 a month.

Transfers
Disappointed to lose both Zine and Hopsu, but both were unhappy at the lack of first-team football and was better to let them go than to have them bringing team morale down.

Aims for Next Season
Simple enough, do everything we can to stay up. I'm not very hopeful but at least our finances should improve next year due promotion.

Season		League				Position		Notes
2016/17		Finnish First Division		2nd			Promoted via playoffs

Edited by AdamFitz

Frickley%20Athletic_%20%20Senior%20Fixtu

Was setting 6th/7th before this ridiculous run.

Happening season after season and really frustrating me

Making the game unplayable 

Vikeologist's Start of Challenge Choosing a Team Report

This challenge is my great white whale, so let’s give it another try.

I was going to start this challenge in Norway, but 2 things stopped me.

Firstly, the club I’d most like to do this challenge with (Oslo City, because their regens would be from abroad) must have been relegated last season, because they’re in a ‘lower division’ in the game. Even if they were to someday make their way back up to the third and then get promoted again to become playable, without adding a lot of players at the start to all teams, they’d not have enough players.

The other problem is that at the end of the 2016 season, no teams were promoted to the bottom playable division, though there were lots of relegations. I holidayed an extra year, but as we’d have to manage a team non-playable at the start, it cuts down the options, since obviously most of the teams that are promoted were relegated the previous one.

The best option was a club called Traeff, and, as confident as I am about my chances, I couldn’t see them becoming a Champions League winner.

So I went for Russia. I actually thought I might try to manage Sakhalin, as they are the most eastern club available for this challenge (by a big margin) and are basically on China’s doorstep.

However there are just more viable clubs. I’m obviously looking for good facilities and a decent ground capacity, but also a professional, or at least fairly professional, squad personality, as other than with my staff, I can’t do anything if there are no professional tutors. Engineering personality is something I enjoy working on.

I was going to go with KamAZ, despite their one goalkeeper being just 15 years old which would either be a fantastic push to develop a star of the future, or a nightmare where I might have had no competent goalie for the first years of the challenge. Let’s be frank. It would have almost certainly been the latter. The kicker though was that they didn’t have that many players, and an inordinate number of them were wingers who I don’t use.

So the next best option was a team called Chita. Apart from average instead of good training, their facilities are as good as KamAZ’s, and the players will more or less fit into my system, although of course, until I take over the club, I won’t know whether they’re actually any good.

Vikeologist's Start of Challenge Chita Report

·        My manager is a 19 year old Scottish woman with no experience or qualifications who doesn’t speak a word of Russian, which I’m sure is going to go down well. I was going to try to recruit female staff wherever possible, but that soon needed to go out of the window for reasons given below.

·        I was expecting a few players with professional personalities, given that the club profile said ‘Fairly Professional’ squad personality. It turns out that they’re not at all professional, but they’re even less everything else. I have just 1 player with a fairly professional personality, 1 who is slack and the rest are all balanced. In fact just 5 of the players have any kind of professionalism at all based on their reports. The other 21 do not possess the trait at all. Only 2 have a determination of 10 or higher. I’m just going to be able to do very much through tutoring, for about the next 7 seasons. An early (Resolute) member of staff I hired changed the squad personality, so I hired some with professionalism to reset it. It took me a very long time to recruit staff, and I still have a number of vacancies half way through the season, including Assistant Manager and managers for both the U21 and U19 squads. There really are very slim pickings for staff with even 1 thing going for them. I’m going to have to wait for / hope the squad personality eventually changes their personalities of the youngsters before they become tutors, but again half way through the season, nothing is happening yet.  

·        So 26 players, about 9 of whom are fairly decent. The other 17 though……

·        I had 5 players with potential of 4 stars or above, and luckily they were all good enough to be in my first eleven.

·        So far I’ve had vicious long-term injuries to 2 of my first team, including 1 which led my only attacking midfielder in the club to retire. He wasn’t any good anyway, but the players I’m retraining in that position are even worse.

·        I don’t use wingers, so quite a few of my better players are being retrained and played out of position. Of course I’ll be retraining youth intake wingers straight away in future, but ideally I’ll find staff that favour a narrow formation to minimise my winger intake.

·        5 clubs out of 20 are relegated, which meant that relegation was a big possibility. That looks a remote possibility now, but then again, when I look at @Padders screenshot above, I suppose one can never feel secure. 25% of teams are relegated, and about 100% of my teams in this challenge have been relegated; probably 90% in my first season.

·        However, promotion looks a far stronger possibility, (at midway point, 1 point off playoffs and 4 points behind the 2 teams in automatic promotion spots) and I’m really not sure it would be a good idea to get promoted straight away, though the playoffs would be nice.

Facilities

Edited by vikeologist
links fixed

@vikeologist im managing team from Warsaw  the bigest city in Poland and foreign staff and anything else dosent help so far to get them;P I just noticed in all clubs in Poland (mainly from Lotto Ekstraklasa highest league) there are like 2-3 foreign regens placed randomly in  every 2 seasons  and that players are mostly the same nationality ( 2 germans 2 slovakian 2 czech 2 latvia) in 5 seasons I belive there was max 10 regens from other countries in whole Poland :D

In fm15 for example in my regular game save I belive after 15 seasons or something around I managed to get such lvl of club that allows me get  1 foreign player every year but  most of them were like dual nationality and from random place on earth even Papau or some wierd Vanatu :D But I guess youth reserch and repuration is most important for this stuff

Edited by Sn00gle

@Sn00gle Oslo City is an exception. I expect they'd be hardcoded for all their regens to be non-Norweigan / from Arab nations. That's why I'd like to manage them in this challenge, but even when they were in the top unplayable division in FM16, they never became playable because of their low reputation, and I guess the chances are even closer to zero now.

Logo.jpg.78383693a3f3b73353b487739332c168.jpg

Preface

After feeling kind of stuck in China trying the Ultimate Challenge I will now take on THIS one. Loading only one country comes in handy given my notebook’s abilities and I like the idea of switching the work on the transfer market with developing the guys I already have. I am using FMT16 for this. The small intakes in Touch mode are not really helpful but @Muttley84 showed me that success is possible nevertheless. Not that I expect to reach anything like he did in Greece… Survival is the dish of the day.

Country & Club

I will start in Romania. I have lived and worked there for 3 months back in the old days (well, 1999 – yes, I’m old, skip that) so the country feels closer than most others. I lived in Craiova then and visited some matches of Universitatea. But for the challenge I found a team that meets the rules (starting unplayable) and gives me a kind of mission though its colourful (though short) history:

ASU Poli Timisoara.

Brief (still confusing) history:

FC Poli Timisoara (founded 1921) was the major club in Timisoara until 2012 when it was dissolved. The official successor is called ACS Poli Timisoara. The latter is co-owned by City and Country Council and is backed by Politehnica University. After the bankruptcy of FC Poli a team from a different town (ACS Recas) was moved to Timisoara under the name of ACS Poli. It took several years of legal quarrel to establish ACS Poli as the official successor of FC Poli. It can now claim its past succeses and use the official colours of purple and white.

However many hardcore fans didn’t identify with and accept ACS stating that “stating that ACS Poli Timișoara is a fraud and a political maneuver” (wiki). They decided to support the amateur club of Politehnica University in the fifth tier: ASU Poli. Wikipedia refers to it as a “fan-owned phoenix club”.

IRL (and FM17) they already reached Liga II but in FM16 it took some reloading to have them promoted.

Training facilities are impressive, youth facilities average which makes for a pretty good start. After the season 2015/ 16 was played with two Liga II parts and rules looked a bit like Belgium, season 2016/17 now comes as a bit of a shock with 22 teams and 6 being relegated in the end. So that’s going to be a real challenge from year 1.

So here are the details:

Club info

Manager profile

Team part 1 Team part 2

Oh dear, only two DC (no there no further in the Reserves) are a bit low depth...

Expectations

Looking forward to this!

Good luck, if you can hang in there the first couple of seasons the fans will surely carry you on towards the top. Timisoara is a wonderfull city for football, doing a nationalistic career there with Ripensia.  Will be following.

On 02/04/2017 at 14:11, darren1983 said:

Dulwich Hamlet - Season 2038/39 - Championship

58279a028e8b9_DulwichHamletBadge.png.2d66c72cdce5cbf19c1380bdd2f3376a.png

League - our 7th season at this level followed a familiar path as we again finish mid table. This time though it's fully on me, with 11 games to go we hit the magical 50 point mark and I then started playing some of the higher potential youths in an effort to get them game time. Cost us a few league placings but not much difference between 10th and 15th in the grand scheme of things.

League Cup - not great as per usual

FA Cup - gave premier league stoke a couple of tough games before they beat us in extra time

Transfers - sold Evans (18C) good player but only 12 months left in his deal and wanted to go. Also sold Farley (20B) as he wanted to leave

Squad - some much needed game time to some young players but still really reliant on players from my league one days which says a lot 

Finances - still looking pretty, upgrade to a level 1 category now and even have youth recruitment at above average.

Youth Intake - pretty good one this time with 5 players tagged for what feels like first time in ages, some worryingly poor personalities though

Andrew Stewart (22A) - Hopefully the striker we've been waiting for

Paul Doran (22B) - if Stewart isn't then maybe Doran will be the striker

Andy Alexander (22C) - looks to be the supply line for the forwards 

Tyrone Cole (22D) - another potentially solid GK

Ben Burns (22E) - another decent looking CB

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2023/24		EFL2		4th		Lost Playoff Semi Final	
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2027/28		EFL2		3rd 		Promotion!
2028/29		EFL1		3rd		Lost in Playoff Semi Final
2029/30		EFL1		13th		
2030/31		EFL1		8th		EFL trophy runner up
2031/32		EFL1		2nd		Promotion
2032/33		Champ		10th	
2033/34		Champ		16th 
2034/35		Champ		13th 
2035/36		Champ		11th 
2036/37		Champ		16th 
2037/38		Champ		11th 	
2038/39		Champ		15th 

Championship Sux!!!

dulwich hamlet.png

Vikeologist's First Youth Intake Report

I was hoping for some good players in the intake, given the club's reasonable facilities compared to the rest of the promoted clubs, but I was pleasantly surprised. Only 2 of my top 6 players have any kind of professional attributes, ( I don't mean the actual personality. I mean whether the coach report says that they possess that character trait), but hopefully the squad personality will kick in eventually. At least the intake hasn't changed the squad personality, which is something.

Anyway, on the whole a lot of strikers. I needed a couple. I only had 2 good strikers, and 1 of them has scored just 6 goals in his 24 starts so far, which undermines the whole good description.

By far the best is Daniil Anisimov (YP1a ). He's immediately replacing Mr 6 goals. 15 year old better be allowed in this division, otherwise I'm going to be really annoyed.

Sergey Magamaev (YP1b) is a right winger, so I'll need to retrain him. If it wasn't for all the other strikers, I'd start him on that, but I guess it's going to have to be central midfield.

Dmitry Romanov (YP1c) is another striker, but I don't have any natural attacking midfielders, so that's going to be his destiny, and he may well start straight away, his 1.5 stars probably being worth displacing the 2 star guy I've been playing since my only original attacking midfielder had his career terminated with an injury.

Yet another striker   Maxim Fomin (YP1d ). Having 3 natural and 1 competent strikers in my top 4 is hardly spreading the wealth, but as I say, I did need a few. Just, next year, enough with the strikers.

Valery Nikitin (YP1e) Not a striker, but I don't use wingers. He's a competent wing back, so I guess he's going to have to be made into a left back wingback, which given his tackling (1), marking (2), and work rate (6), is going to be a long term project unlikely to bear fruit.

Sergey Bondarenko (YP1f) - a goalie. My starting goalie will hopefully improve, but hopefully Surgey can show the improvement that my starting hasn't yet.

I have a few other decent potential players as well, but the above 6 are the ones with 5 star potential.

Edited by vikeologist

11 hours ago, leotavo said:

Championship Sux!!!

dulwich hamlet.png

8 seasons in and I'm still pretty much at the same level :( 

No time to really play for a little while, got 10,000 word dissertation due in 18 days :( 

21 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Good luck, if you can hang in there the first couple of seasons the fans will surely carry you on towards the top. Timisoara is a wonderfull city for football, doing a nationalistic career there with Ripensia.  Will be following.

Not only wonderful for Football

Timisoara.thumb.jpg.eba0544ca31be23ccd3335b5a903a447.jpg58eba20f9bbfc_Timisstadium.jpg.3d111fc09e9ee6c5993d98a4593a076e.jpg

On 9/4/2017 at 11:48, vikeologist said:

Vikeologist's Start of Challenge Choosing a Team Report

This challenge is my great white whale, so let’s give it another try.

I was going to start this challenge in Norway, but 2 things stopped me.

Firstly, the club I’d most like to do this challenge with (Oslo City, because their regens would be from abroad) must have been relegated last season, because they’re in a ‘lower division’ in the game. Even if they were to someday make their way back up to the third and then get promoted again to become playable, without adding a lot of players at the start to all teams, they’d not have enough players.

The other problem is that at the end of the 2016 season, no teams were promoted to the bottom playable division, though there were lots of relegations. I holidayed an extra year, but as we’d have to manage a team non-playable at the start, it cuts down the options, since obviously most of the teams that are promoted were relegated the previous one.

The best option was a club called Traeff, and, as confident as I am about my chances, I couldn’t see them becoming a Champions League winner.

In fact, Norway is a bit tricky. If you load making it start in 2017 then many teams are already relegated and technically they are unplayable at the start of your game. It's a workaround, I know, but maybe it is permitted... i saw many many pages ago an adventure with Forde, a team who, in 2016, starts in the second division, but if you load the game to start in 2017, it's unplayable.

Anyway, good luck in Russia.. hope your chairman isn't like mine in my russian adventures..

Well, I just came back from a little holiday and were planning on continuing my Belgian adventure, but the game was corrupted or somehow unable to be loaded. My last backup are over a year old. Gutted, but I think I'm going to give this challenge another go. Though, I think I will go to another country. The confusing Belgian playoffs isn't something I enjoyed a lot.

Ok, I've decided to go a little closer to home this time. I am a Scandinavian after all, so Iceland should be pretty homely for me. I'm now the new manager of Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur. Quite the mouthful in pronouncing that, even for someone who knows how to pronounce þ (it's kind of the 'th' sound in 'the'). Luckily, the team just goes by ÍR, so it's quite simple. I have a squad full of homegrown talent, and a single fellow from Senegal who seems to have gotten lost up here in the freezing cold. Should be interesting.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Ok, I've decided to go a little closer to home this time. I am a Scandinavian after all, so Iceland should be pretty homely for me. I'm now the new manager of Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur. Quite the mouthful in pronouncing that, even for someone who knows how to pronounce þ (it's kind of the 'th' sound in 'the'). Luckily, the team just goes by ÍR, so it's quite simple. I have a squad full of homegrown talent, and a single fellow from Senegal who seems to have gotten lost up here in the freezing cold. Should be interesting.

Good luck!! Very nice club to play with, IR. I'm having a youth save with them also. You need a very long breath. Season 2030 is almost finished in my save. Winning the league and both cups isn't very hard. But beeing successfull in Europe is way more difficult.

I will follow your career :)

@fabreth Nobody has even made an offer for any of my players yet, so too soon to tell if my chairman will be like your 'douchebag'. Thanks for the workaround for Norway.

@darren1983 and @WinskiThat's the thing about this challenge. If you stay in the same division and at the same level forever it can be boring. I think it was last year with Piacenza I was in a rut just staying in mid-table season after season, so I started instant resulting, and instantly got relegated.

@XaW Good luck in Iceland. I am keen to do more challenges in Nordic countries. I did Iceland this year in the Ultimate Challenge, but that only lasted a couple of seasons. I've always fancied managing one of those teams with a Viking-ish name. I've just looked it up, and there's Viking clubs in lots of different nations, not just the Nordic ones. Widnes Vikings would be fun next year in they manage to do the EEE Database.

@vossmaj It is scary when that many teams are relegated the first (or any) season. As discussed I'm in a 25% relegation league myself. Hope things are more interesting and successful than they were in Hunan.

Polonia Warszawa 2021/2022

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsbPCWYyR0jwgC2HvvWl7

League - Squad - Transfers - Finances

Fast update from Lotto Ekstraklasa... Great season 8th place in league and at the end of split we joining champions split where we losing everything but we are safe in this season and get extra money that give us possible youth lvl up. We COULD AND Shoul win National Cup in the final we were wining 2-1 but in 88' my goalkeeper just pass the ball to enemy and we tied then we scored for 3-2... RED Card and in finally we losing 3-4 ;D after another Goalkeeper mistake;)

Youth intake

I say good intake some boys with good potential.

Marek Wojciak (YP22a) 

Oskar Ruszkowski (YP22b)

Mateusz Wisniewski (YP22c) 

Dariusz Jastrzebski (YP22d) 

Rafal Zwolinski (YP22e)

•  

Season		League		Position		Achievments

2017/18		PFD		11th			Survived
    2018/19		PFD		5th			
    2019/20		PFD		9th
    2020/21		PFD		2nd			Promotion
    2021/22		LE		8th		   	Survived

Vikeologist's 2016/7 Chita Season Report

th?id=OIP.WeVsBZAqlhOgAVdlSImNAACCCm&w=1

We threw it away.

We’d been in or around the playoffs all season, but with 5 matches to go we went to 2nd and an automatic promotion place.

Then we shot ourselves in the foot (had one of my players actually literally walked on to the pitch with a gun and shot himself in the foot, that wouldn’t have been the stupidest mistake we made) with just 1 point from our next 4 matches. I thought that was it, but even though we went into our last match in 7th place, we were still just 2 points behind a playoff spot (5th because Spartak Moscow’s 2nd team were in 4th and couldn’t be promoted). I thought we were going to need a miracle to overtake the 3 teams above us, but when went ahead almost immediately, I realised that teams on the same points must be sorted on results between them, not goal difference. We were in a playoff spot, and maybe all we needed to do was hold on and win. That was indeed all we needed to do, but we couldn’t do it, conceding a goal. So 2 points from our last 5 matches.

Maybe being promoted would have been disastrous, but we’re going to need to find out at some point.

Despite having the 5th largest attendance for the division, and by far the lowest wage bill, I am not sure that we are all that stable financially, and I really do not want to have to sell off my best players.

Top Goalscorer – Andrey Razborov– 23, but only 5 from his last 14 matches, which is largely why we fell short. Hopefully next season Andrey and Daniil Anisimov (YP1a) will score a lot of goals. Andrey is just 23 years old, and is still improving, though he’s now at 4.5 stars in his report.

Best Average Rating Artem Yarmolitskiy 7.12 He’s a 24 year old central defender, and the only first team player whose wanted by another club. Hopefully I can fend them off, because we don’t have a lot of depth in central defence so losing Artem would be a huge blow.

Man of Match – Andrey Razborov - 5

MVP – I’d say a tie between Andrey and Artem, but make no mistake, Daniil Anisimov (YP1a) is the future of this club and beyond value. He's the reason I was happy with the first youth intake. He’s our designated free kick and penalty taker. He provided a solid 7 goals from his 14 games since the intake, and if he stays and the challenge takes a long time, could well end up being my first and only shot at the Danny Roberts 1,000 goal challenge, or would be were it not for the fact that our current division only has a 38 game season, and soon we’ll be promoted to the 30 match top division. Daniil’s media description is only promising striker, so maybe he only seems good compared to the rest of the team. In any case, he’s our player with the most potential according to my humbly attributed judging potential coach.

Transfers (One guy was bought before I took over)

Personalities and potentials

Performance

League Table

Season	Division				Position	Notes										
2016/7	National League				7th		Missed out on playoffs with 2 points from our last 5 matches.

Edited by vikeologist

US_Saint-Malo_Logo.png

Saint-Malo

Founded : 1902

Home stadium : Stade de Marville

LaCourneuve-42_500x375.JPG

Due to expansion of the 'Stade' we're sharing Roazhan Park, home to our near neighbours Rennes.

My profile.

2kDU4.jpg

A total of 15 players will form the squad for the season, survival is the priority!

Edited by kenbelly83

21 hours ago, Winski said:

Good luck!! Very nice club to play with, IR. I'm having a youth save with them also. You need a very long breath. Season 2030 is almost finished in my save. Winning the league and both cups isn't very hard. But beeing successfull in Europe is way more difficult.

I will follow your career :)

Thanks! I'm not expecting much in Europe for a long long time, so I'm concentrating on Iceland at the moment.

20 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@XaW Good luck in Iceland. I am keen to do more challenges in Nordic countries. I did Iceland this year in the Ultimate Challenge, but that only lasted a couple of seasons. I've always fancied managing one of those teams with a Viking-ish name. I've just looked it up, and there's Viking clubs in lots of different nations, not just the Nordic ones. Widnes Vikings would be fun next year in they manage to do the EEE Database.

Thanks, Iceland seems to be fun so far. I'm just about to finish the season, with so few games in the league, the years should fly by. Should be possible to do a Viking-challenge? At least Iceland and Norway from my recollection, maybe Sweden as well?

XaW - Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur - 2017

Emblem_of_%C3%8D%C3%BEr%C3%B3ttaf%C3%A9l

Table | Past positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Iceland. Home to, well snow, ice and the decedents of the ones Norway wanted to get rid off. Just don't tell them that. Still, they are very good footballers! Especially since the entire country only have about 330,000 people in total. If Iceland was a city in the US, it would be the 58th biggest city, or just about the size of Leicester populationwise. Some quick math; half of those are women, 2 thirds are outside the propper age for football. This leaves about 55,000 people, this are roughly all possible males in the age group. Of this Iceland have an amazing 20,000 registered footballers. So about half of all males in Iceland who might play, actually does. Anyway, my club, Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur or ÍR, is located in Reykjavík, the capital. With a population of 123,000 we should have quite some youngsters to choose from in the intakes. 

After looking at the stadium, and I use the term veeeery loosely, I should probably got to know each and every fan personally:

19002738771_2a190c5d39_b.jpg2473.jpg

As the season started we played in the Upper League Cup. We were in a group with some teams from our division, and some from the top one. We lost the first match against top tier team Stjarnan, but did well in the rest, and we somehow managed to win the group. From then on we defended our way through to the final! We did end up short in the final though as ÍBV took the title. We also played in the VISA bikar karla, a more normal cup, like the FA Cup, and we did very well there also. The team progressed as far as the semi final where we got knocked out by top tier team Valur Reykjavík. Since we proved ourselves as a force in the cups the next step was to get up into the top tier. I kept playing defensively away and a more controlled approach at home. This turned out to be a great success, seeing as we only conceded 11 goals in the league this season. With a lot of goals as well, we finished on top as champions and promoted. The teams I have are pretty good, but the issue was the backup players. I think I'll let most of the backup go and just keep up with the youth as backup for the next season.

The youth:

We had a great youth intake this season! A lot of talented players and the best are probably Kristinn Einarsson.

Season League Position Upper league Cup VISA bikar karla Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017 1. deild karla 1st Runner up Semi final N/A N/A Stefán Þór Pálsson – 14 Good Average Adequate Adequate 551 242 Champions

Just got relegated IDK if I want continue this save must think about it ... I mean I didnt get sacked  but I have no power in my team since start i Have like 3 players that might be in Top league lvl and 2 of them probably will leave so...

PS. Fun fact one of lowest clubs from lower league changed chairman for Belgium one and Blekitni are now worth 58mln EUROs - the best Polish club is worth 32mln Legia :D

Edited by Sn00gle

One of the fans have high hopes for a new youngster.

dlJhQkw4.jpeg

XaW - Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur - 2018

The top tier of Icelandic football, we got to travel to famous places like Hafnarfjörður (a suburb to Reykjavik), Garðabær (another suburb to Reykjavik) and Kópavogur (seemingly a part of Reykjavik) we really felt that most football is played in or very close to Reykjavik. The longest trips we took was to Vestmannaeyjar, a small island south of main Iceland. According to Google Maps it was a two and a half hour ride from Reykjavik to Landeyjarhöfn and then a ferry out to Vestmannaeyjar. Am I weird for looking up local geography when playing FM? Still, I find it interesting to see how the local travel arrangements are. As the season started we played in the Upper league cup, but failed to qualify this time. It didn't go any better in the other cup as we got knocked out in our first match. In the league it went a bit better. I stuck to the defensive minded counterattacking tactic that worked wonders last season and we were very good in that regard. What we failed this season were any good attacking play. Evident by our top scorer ending with 6 goals. Our inability to scored enough was also the reason we struggled quite a bit this season. We did manage to avoid relegation though, and that was the main goal.

The youth:

We had another good youth intake! Some very talented players with Darri Auðunsson (YP18a) as the best of the pack, but I forgot to take a screenshot of him when he came through so the one is from the end of the season.

Season League Position Upper league Cup VISA bikar karla Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017 1. deild karla 1st Runner up Semi final N/A N/A Stefán Þór Pálsson – 14 Good Average Adequate Adequate 551 242 Champions
2018 Pepsi-deildin 8th Group stage 3rd round N/A N/A Róbert Kristinsson (YP17c) – 6 Good Average Adequate Adequate 840 358 Survived

Hi all,

I know I'm a little late to the party here but I've decided that this challenge is something that I'd like to give a go. Only problem being that I'm liking the look of Hungary (hopefully help them return to glory :lol:) but they aren't on the nations list.... is there any way they can be added or should I just pick another nation?

Edited by Virtual Male
Spelling

Hmm.. time to start the challenge, but..

Norway or Sweden... Sweden or Norway...  There are also Iceland, or Denmark, but in Denmark i would start with an amateur team.. no contracts.. too many headaches!

In Norway, I would take Lyn or Fyllingsdalen, and I would have the advantage of the first intake before the start of the season, but the start would be in 2018

In Sweden, I don't have a clear idea about the team, and would start one division below (4th division!). There's Vastra Frolunda(but with only 10 players), or other teams with 12,14 players.. but if I survive the first season could become interesting.

What do you think?

@fabreth - why not go out of the box and pick finland? :) Between Norway and Sweden I would like to see it in Norway. Good luck any choice you make.

Oroshaza 

download.jpg

FinanceClub OverviewFacilitiesManager ProfileSquadTransfers

I’d usually give a little run down of the clubs history here but since the club was only founded at the turn of the millennium there’s nothing of note to mention really… 

As a whole what I’ve got here isn’t too bad, there’s a little money in the bank (for the time being), the facilities aren’t nearly as poor as I had expected and the squad, although it has a few glaring holes right now, looks like it can be at least competitive in the first season.

The board seem to be pretty co-operative with me at the moment since they’ve agreed to increase spending on junior coaching and sending me off to go get my first coaching badge pretty much straight away, which is nice.

As I’ve mentioned the squad is looking solid enough to probably manage a safe mid-table finish this year and build from there, there are two players that I am a little excited about though..

Csaba FoldesAlthough he doesn’t look like much now he apparently has the potential to be a decent top division mid-fielder and he had some impressive pre-season form. Unfortunately he picked up a lengthy injury in the final game before the start of the league which will likely keep him out till late November but with a little luck he can recapture the form he was in when he gets back fit.

Jozsef SimonOriginally I didn’t think too much of this guy but due to an injury to my 1st choice Attacking Mid he came into the starting XI and hasn’t looked back since scoring 5 in his first 9 competitive games and at only 16 looking like he can be one that can turn into something special for this club.

So, yeah, just a short one to get things started. Fingers crossed the league goes as well as I’m hoping and if there’s anything else anyone would like to see just let me know.

Good luck in Hungary, @Virtual Male! I had fun there with a club called Budafok a couple of years ago. My problem was taking the throne from Ferencváros.

@fabreth: I've tried in Finland, but the chairman sold all my talents for pocket change, so I got tired of it. Tried in Sweden some time ago, but couldn't finish it. Never tried in Norway or Denmark, so it would be interesting to see how it goes there.

In other news, we had a big sale just now. Still, a good amount for a talented goalkeeper. The reason I decided to cash in was the fact that I have 2 others who are about the same level.

Edit: I thought I'd elaborate a bit. This is the guy I sold, and this is the guy who took over his spot after the sale.

Edited by XaW

XaW - Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur - 2019

We survived last year, and I was hoping for the same this season. I was hoping for some more town or cities to travel to this season, but both teams promoted into the Pepsi-deildin this season were located in Reykjavik. So just more local trips this season. As usual we started in the Upper League Cups, but as last year we failed to qualify when we ended in 3rd place in our group. In the VISA bikar karla we had a bit of a run and went as far as the semi final, before we got knocked out against a 1. deild karla team who won it in the end. In the league we got of to a good start and did lose any of the 12 first matches. Then we hit a little rough patch and other teams started to catch us. In the end though we managed to hold on and secure a very surprising title. Much earlier than I expected, but a welcome happening none the less. We are heading into Champions League!

The youth:

We had another surprisingly good youth intake! The best one are probably Valgeir Hróðmarsson (YP19a).

2018 Pepsi-deildin 8th Group stage 3rd round N/A N/A Róbert Kristinsson (YP17c) – 6 Good Average Adequate Adequate 840 358 Survived
2019 Pepsi-deildin 1st Group stage Semi final N/A N/A Darri Auðunsson (YP18a) – 21 Excellent Average Adequate Adequate 1,034 383 Champions