Sports Interactive Community
Braumiller

FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

@XaW congrats on the promotion and the excellent season after.

@Sanno11 well done on staying up, that's huge. And look at all the money! Really like the look of Francis-Folkes too.

It seems my defensive tactic is working. Only one goal conceded in the last 9 matches.

WnRJWkNQ.jpeg

@XaW What tactic you use now?

PS. Im taking control of Polonia Warszawa old Polish club with 2x Polish Champion 2x Polish Cup winner and also 2x SuperCup winner. Ruined by chairman by selling licence to other club and selling all good players.... now rebulid by fans and Jerzy Engel (famous Polish trainer which also was with national team in 2002 in Korean&Japan World Cup) and Radosław Majdan (ex-National team goalkeeper and Polonia player aswell). Will "Black Shirts" be able with new manager back on the top and get players on NT lvl like Teodorczyk(Anderlecht), Sobiech(Hannover96), Wszołek(QPR) again? Stay tuned! (sorry for bad english)

@Sn00gle I use a very defensive and narrow 4-5-1 mainly, but switch it up when I need. I tweak a lot in matches though,so the base line is a solid defense, and then change it up when I need a goal. I'm about to write up a season review now, but I can reveal that I only conceded 18 goals in the 33 league games this season. Though we only scored 41 goals in the same games, so it's no goal bonanza when we play. 

XaW - Slovan Duslo Šal'a - 2019/20

Slovan_duslo_sala.png

Table | Past postitons | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Another fun fact about Slovakia; The country are ranked in the top 3 with regards to beautiful women. It also have the higher rate of castles per capita in the world. So here I am in Slovakia, up to my ankles in pretty women and castles. Sometimes life is good.

Speaking of good, our season was that and so much more. After taking the level very good last season I had hopes for another good season. I don't think the difference between the first two tiers in Slovakia is very big. The team that got relegated then I got promoted didn't finish in the top half last season, so I guessing it's more down to form and luck more than difference in skill. I kept going with the same 4-5-1 with a focus on not conceding and it payed of again. A couple of the youngsters really had their breakthrough season, and it was really a season where everything went our way. We had the lead going into the winter break, but only a couple of points ahead of FC Nitra, Slovan Bratislava and AS Trenčín. When the players got back from the holiday we fell into a bit of a slump. Not that we lost any matches, but 6 draws in a row with too few goals was what we delivered. Luckily, the other teams also struggled a bit and we kept our lead. With 2 games left we were 3 points ahead of Nitra when we played them away.  A win would guarantee the championship, while a draw would almost certainly do the same. With my "shut-up-shop" tactic I had faith we could do it. We almost gave them no chances at all and when top scorer Erik Malinak hit a brace in two minutes we were flying. A couple of minutes later their right back got his second yellow card to reduce Nitra to 10 men. We controlled them rest of the match and ended as winners 2-0. The championship was ours! An amazing feat by the players! This means we are going into Europe next season, and even the Champions League qualifiers! In the cup we had a very lucky draw and go all the way to the final without playing a single top tier team. Our opponent were Slovan Bratislava. An even fought match were goalless at full time, so it was into the extra time to decide the winner. Slovan Bratislava had the most energy left and they took the lead when their striker found some space in the box and slotted it into the corner. With only four minutes left we didn't manage to answer and it ended with a loss for us. Very close to our first cup win, but no sigar. I'm hopeful we can fight for the trophies again next season since the youngsters will have developed even further then.

The youth:

A good youth intake this season.

New players:

Jozef Le Giang (YP20a) - A great talent. Good determination and a professional personality. I have very high hopes for him.
Stanislav Bartos (YP20b) - (Error in my nickname here, but fixed it later on) Promising central defender. I only have 3 decent ones so he might get some matches.

Second intake:

Lubos Guba (YP19a) - Mostly played in the cup, but are progressing well.
Stanislav Hamsik (YP19b) - Mostly a backup, but are improving.
Jozef Adamec (YP19c) - Mostly played on the right wing, but he does great. Amazing improvement this season. Capped by the U19s.
Andrej Kosorin (YP19d) - Horrible season from him, even though he got some matches. Need to step up now.

First intake:

Mario Molnar (YP18a) - Improving and plays quite a bit, but he don't produce much in the way of goals or assists. I hope for more.
Robert Gajgos (YP18b) - Great season by the midfielder. First choice in the midfield now. Even scores quite a bit. Capped by the U19s.
Peter Novota (YP18c) - Good progress as he is rotated into the first team.

Original talent:

Vladimir Karas (former Y17a) - Don't even play for the B team of Slovan Bratislava. Hopefully this will serve as a less for the other youngsters.

Season League Position Slovenský pohár Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017/18 DOXXbet liga 1st 2nd round N/A N/A Erik Malinak – 12 Average Basic Adequate Below Average 619 355 Promoted as champions
2018/19 Fortuna liga 5th 3rd round N/A N/A Francky Nguekam – 13 Good Basic Adequate Below Average 1,421 885 Top half finish
2019/20 Fortuna liga 1st Runner-up N/A N/A Erik Malinak – 14 Good Basic Adequate Below Average 1,603 1,030 League champions
Edited by XaW

7 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

@XaW Nice season GRATZ your youngsters looks amazing

Thanks! I've been lucky with a couple of them!

We had our first match in Europe just now, and.... well, wow!

Dulwich Hamlet - EFL Championship - Season 2035/36

582de1dcd2b85_DulwichHamletBadge.png.ab4be1650b22e6ca1d689b30314b217e.png

League Table| Graph| League Cup| FA Cup| Transfers| Squad| Finances

What a very strange season this was. Started in the summer when Premier League clubs starting sniffing around our young prospect Rory Collis (17A) I rejected a bid from Newcastle and this proved to be a mistake as Collis was determined to leave and managed to get his team mates to agree so going into the new season moral was rock bottom. In the end we managed to get a great price for Collis from Everton and away he went. The damage was done though as we were finding goals hard to come by and a few days after selling Collis we also lost our other front line striker, and record scorer Weaver for 3 months, this meant it took us 10 games to even record our first win of the season. With goals hard to come by I started playing around with formations trying to find some form before eventually choosing to return to my 433 that has served us so well. I tweaked some roles to make us harder to beat, our form improved as we hardly conceded but goals were still an issue (At no stage of the season did we have a positive GD) but we pulled away form relegation battle and were comfortable in mid table. Towards the end of the season I managed my 1000th game which ended in a 2-0 loss to a Swansea side that only had 1 shot on target - somehow felt right :D 

In the cups we beat a couple lower league sides before succumbing to Premier League side Norwich in the league cup and in the FA Cup Spurs were too good for us.

Youth Intake

A good intake with 4 players tagged and thanks to the Collis transfer I was not only able to improve training and youth facilities but we also finally went from category 4 to category 3.

Joseph Kyricou (19A) - CM to ad to our growing list of young players that can play in our AP role
Will Dobson (19B) - another CB to add to our collection
Robert Potts (19C) - this gives us 3 keepers now all under 21 who, with some work, could make it for us
Akeen Steele (19D) - would have ranked him higher but his personality (low determination) worries me, needs some good tutoring to have a chance

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2023/24		EFL2		4th		Lost Playoff Semi Final	
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2027/28		EFL2		3rd 		Promotion!
2028/29		EFL1		3rd		Lost in Playoff Semi Final
2029/30		EFL1		13th		
2030/31		EFL1		8th		EFL trophy runner up
2031/32		EFL1		2nd		Promotion
2032/33		Champ		10th	
2033/34		Champ		16th 
2034/35		Champ		13th 
2035/36		Champ		11th 

XaW - Slovan Duslo Šal'a - 2020/21

Slovan_duslo_sala.png

Table | Past positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Another fun fact about Slovakia; Staff from Slovakia have monthly meeting with staff from Slovenia to exchange mail that have been addressed wrongly. See, it's not that easy...

Being the reigning champion we had quite some pressure on us. The media didn't rate us though, and we were tipped more towards relegation than to retain the trophy. We were eager to prove them wrong though, but we had a rough start. We managed to pick ourselves up after the poor start though and fought our way up the table. As the season progressed towards winter two teams got a little gap to the rest. Ourselves and Nitra started to show our class and the race was on. No one really got any leads and for the longest time we were completely even. With 3 matches left we were a single point ahead of them. Then we played the worst match of the season. We lost 4-0 to one of the teams fighting to avoid relegation. Luckily for us Nitra also lost. The next match we bounced back, however Nitra lost another match. This meant we had managed to keep the title in Šal'a for another year! A very good season from all the youngsters. We also had another season of easy draws and got to the cup final once again. This time our opponent was Trenčín. We had a horrible evening and lost 3-0 to be runner-ups for a second year running.

We got to measure up against the best in Europe this season and we started in the 2nd qualifying round in Champions League. Here we got drawn against FK Partizan of Serbia. An amazing 3-0 win away was followed up by a controlled 1-0 at home. In the next round we drew Maccabi Tel Aviv of Israel. A 2-1 win at home and another 2-1 win away was enough to push the Israelis our of the way. In the Playoff our opponent was Dynamo Zagreb of Croatia. We managed a great 1-0 win at home, but away it was heartbreak as we lost 3-1 with their final goal in overtime. So close, but at least we were qualified for the Europa League group stage. There we drew Man City of England, Braga of Portugal and Austria Wien of Austria. We managed a single win against Braga and a draw against Austria Wien, but it only gave us 4th place. Still, a great try and it helped our finances amazingly. We have a new stadium on the way, as well as improved youth and training facilities.

The youth:

A fantastic youth intake with a lot of very promising youngsters.

New players:

Robert Jakubek (YP21a) - An amazing striker. Will most likely fight for a starting place soon. Scored on his debut.
Roman Kozak (YP21b) - Very talented goalkeeper. Might challenge rather sooner than later.
Jan Nemeckay (YP21c) - Central defender with a bit of skill. I hope he can make it.
Milan Mikulanin (YP21d) - Midfielder I have hopes for.
Peter Janosik (YP21e) - Lethal striker. A bit in the shadow of Jakubek, but talented non the less.
Ivan Sudimak (YP21f) - Left back with some skill. I hope he can do some good.

Third intake:

Jozef Le Giang (YP20a) - Gets better and better. Soon might be our first choice.
Stanislav Bartos (YP20b) - 3rd choice at the moment and gets some matches.

Second intake:

Lubos Guba (YP19a) - Got a couple of matches. Mostly a backup though.
Stanislav Hamsik (YP19b) - Great progress and are now fighting for the first team.
Jozef Adamec (YP19c) - Great season on the right wing, both scored and assisted quite a bit. Capped for U21s.
Andrej Kosorin (former YP19d) - Another bad season.

First intake:

Mario Molnar (YP18a) - Solid season in the midfield. Capped by u19s.
Robert Gajgos (YP18b) - Another good season. Didn't want to sign a new contract, so he is leaving for France this summer, unfortunately.
Peter Novota (YP18c) - An ok season, but nothing more from him.

Season League Position Slovenský pohár Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017/18 DOXXbet liga 1st 2nd round N/A N/A Erik Malinak – 12 Average Basic Adequate Below Average 619 355 Promoted as champions
2018/19 Fortuna liga 5th 3rd round N/A N/A Francky Nguekam – 13 Good Basic Adequate Below Average 1,421 885 Top half finish
2019/20 Fortuna liga 1st Runner-up N/A N/A Erik Malinak – 14 Good Basic Adequate Below Average 1,603 1,030 League champions
2020/21 Fortuna liga 1st Runner-up Group Stage Playoff Peter Janso (YP19e) – 18 Exellent Basic Adequate Below Average 3,149 1,514

League champions,
EL Group stage

Edited by XaW

@XaW There is some problem with some screenshots (players mostly) very good season again good intake your doing amazing! 

I just ended a season so probably I'll give update soon.

2 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

@XaW There is some problem with some screenshots (players mostly) very good season again good intake your doing amazing! 

I just ended a season so probably I'll give update soon.

What screenshot are the issues? All show when I try.

@XaW I can see only few screens from last intake otherwise there I have msg " Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature. " So I guess mby some issue with server I check it again later.

PS What do you think about him Zmuda im wondering to turn him into centre defender playing ball or should I train him on centre midle?

Edited by Sn00gle

@Sn00gle They all work when I'm trying. They are uploaded through Steam so they should be ok as far as I can tell. Regarding Zmuda, I'm unsure. I would see him as a deep lying playmaker perhaps, or maybe a half back. With his technique and flair he could do good. I don't rate central defenders with low jumping so I wouldn't have him there.

Just got this offer out of nowhere. Could be fun, but it's outside the rules I imagine.

@XaW That could be change in next fm's mby... Now screens are working I guess that was server issue. Im not using such players but we will see how he improve in next season

Polonia Warszawa 2017/2018

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsbPCWYyR0jwgC2HvvWl7

League - Squad - Transfers - Finances

What I can say about this season. Our goal was ofc to survive and we reach it so I guess we are ok. Im totaly not happy about Polish Cup where our enemy Chrobry tied in 90' and we lost in extra time. For plus club decided to improve youth budget and second after all in pain but we managed to finally after whole season reach a good tactic after a lot of experiments.

Youth intake

Decent but seriously youth I've get here are on position that we have very strong players so but after all could be worst ;D Every single who was tag played at last 2 matches in the first season.

Rafal Olesinski (YP18a) - Very promising I hope he will develop well.

Damian Zmuda (YP18b) - Like I said before im using centre middle or DC playing ball for now he is staying as CM we will see how he will develop and eventually then I will switch position.

Damian Smolka (YP18c) - As scout says similar potential to Zmuda. Better phisical skills so far good for Polish phisical league.

Pawel Radomski (YP18d) - Decent DC without anything special probably sub becouse I have 3 very good DC atm.

Marcin Olczak (YP18e) - This finishing man... anyway he is the fastes striker from my players so I will use him as a sub for late game in match.

PS. Sorry for English!!<3

Season		League		Position		Achievments

2017/18		PFD		11th			Survived

Edited by Sn00gle

Varda_se.jpg

What's been going on

I know it's a little late but I started a youth academy challenge in Hungary. I wanted to create a bit of a rivalry so i changed one team to be from Budapest. 

My club is now called FC Várda Budapest and we started in the second tier of hungarian football.

Has gone pretty well so far, achieved promotion in my first season, had some really decent youth intakes but I'm struggling financially which results in my selling my best prospects every season. Even though I do have some money in the bank, we are loosing money all over the place.

Transfers season 1

Transfers season 2

Transfers season 3

Transfers season 4

Transfers season 5

As you can see we don't even sell our players for much because most transfer offers are being accepted by my beloved board and I can't do anything about it!

Frustrating but I guess that's part of the challenge.

That's my current squad and my incredible youth intake. Still buzzing about that!

Honestly I've never been that lucky with youth intakes in my whole FM history. 

We do have some issues at the back because we simply lost most of our defenders during the last transfer windows but not too much of a worry.

League table not looking to bad but the big boys seem a bit out of reach for us currently. Let's hope finances improve over the next few seasons.

Edited by SebKolbeck

@Sn00gle A good solid season and some good talents.

@SebKolbeck Looking good in Hungary. Played there some versions ago and had a blast.

@tyler16 Thanks! It was tempting, but I'm guessing it would be outside the rules for the challenge. I would probably call up a lot of the youngsters way to soon though.

Polonia Warszawa 2018/2019

Well our finances going bad, we lost asistant and trainer one of them go to Gornik Zabrze as a manager second one joined last season promoted club Stal Mielec :( We could fight for promotion but 5 lost streak at the end ruin our dream very fast. Worth noticed Rafal Olesinski (YP18a) have a bigest improvment from youth. Winner of the season is our only foreigner from Lithuania Donatas Nakrosius good season with 3 caps in national team. Again we lost in first round in cup im crying about that and *SPOILERS* in 3 season we lost again xD (3th season started very bad). Ofc my youth started to be interesting for top club's in country Olesinski, Zmuda and new one Leszczynski geting a lot of oferts im littlebit afraid. If I want to keep this save alive I need to get promotion in next 2 seasons or idk if I will able to manage something more with more and more lack of finances mby a Quatar chairman or something will help:)

Youth intake

Not bad we geting GK but still I need defenders on sides and striker

Dawid Leszczynski (YP19a) - Promising dunno what to say we will see after some time.

Jacek Sajdak (YP19b) - It's allways good to have goalkeeper in u18 with potential. Looking decent probably he will join first squad soon.

2018/19		PFD		5th				
Edited by Sn00gle

@Sn00gle - Nice season there. Though the league screenshot shows me Nakrosius' profile instead.

XaW - Slovan Duslo Šal'a - 2021/22

Slovan_duslo_sala.png

Fun fact: At least for me. Liverpool won the Champions League! They have also won Premier League two times. This is unusual for me, since they tend to be horribly bad in every one of my games.

The league matches are starting to become pretty easy. We only lost 3 league matches while only conceding 18 goals in the 33 league matches. Very solid defensively, and when we at the same time scored more than 50 goals we won it quite comfortably. Trenčín held out pretty good and was the closest one all season, but in the end they fell short. We also managed to win the cup this season! After being runner up 2 times in a row we finally won it, With winning the Slovakian version of the Community Shield before the season we had our first clean sweep domestically.

We had another try in Europe this season and the Champions League qualifiers were once again drawn. Our first opponent was HJK of Finland. 3-1 win away and 2-0 win at home put us through. In the 3rd qualifying round we beat Ludogorets of Bulgaria 2-1 at home and held them to 0-0 away to get into the playoff. There we Celtic of Scotland as our final hurdle for the group stage. They comfortably beat us 0-3 and 0-2 to knock us out. This did qualify us for the Europa League group stage though, and here we drew Galatasaray of Turkey, Valencia of Spain and Ludogorets of Bulgaria once again. We lost away to Valencia and Galatasaray, but managed to draw them both at home. When we won at home and drew away with Ludogorets we finished in a very respectable 3rd place in the group. While it knocked us out of Europe it was still a valiant effort.

The youth:

A decent youth intake this season, but not as good as last year.

New players:

Martin Majtan (YP22a) - Promising right back. Good mentals and physical stats. Just need to work on his technical skills.
Matej Lukac (YP22b) - Defensive midfielder with a promising future if he progresses well.

Fourth intake:

Robert Jakubek (YP21a) - Mostly a sub this season, but scores when he gets chances. Capped for U19s.
Roman Kozak (YP21b) - Got some matches towards the end of the season. In contention for a first team spot.
Jan Nemeckay (YP21c) - Got thrown into the first team due to injuries and did great. Now our best central defender. Got capped for the U21s twice.
Milan Mikulanin (YP21d) - In rotation among the midfielders. Does ok, but nothing more. Capped for the U19s.
Peter Janosik (YP21e) - Very good progress. Gets some matches and will probably get even more next season.
Ivan Sudimak (YP21f) - 2nd choice left back now. Continues to improve. Capped at U19s.

Third intake:

Jozef Le Giang (YP20a) - Continues to get better, but it might be that Kozak is better, I'm still unsure.
Branislav Bartos (YP20b) - Backup, but have stalled a bit. Need to up his game.

Second intake:

Lubos Guba (YP19a) - First choice and did good, but for some reason his determination fell. Hopefully it won't impact him.
Stanislav Hamsik (YP19b) - Great season and are now our first choice left back. Capped for the U21s now.
Jozef Adamec (YP19c) - Another great season on the right wing. Both scored and assisted quite a bit. Scored a U21 goal even.

First intake:

Mario Molnar (YP18a) - A decent season, but I have higher hopes for what he can accomplish.
Robert Gajgos (YP18b) - Only 3 subs for Guingamp in Ligue 1. Not a smart call of him to leave, at least at the moment.
Peter Novota (YP18c) - Mainly a sub, but does ok when he plays.

(somehow the formatting is different for the table below...it really annoys me since I haven't changed anything)

2020/21 Fortuna liga 1st Runner-up Group Stage Playoff Peter Janso (YP19e) – 18 Exellent Basic Adequate Below Average 3,149 1,514 League champions, EL Group stage
2021/22 Fortuna liga 1st Winner! Group Stage Playoff Peter Janso (YP19e) – 24 Exellent Basic Adequate Below Average 2,889 1,804

Domestic double, EL Group stage

@XaW  Fixed. Wow great season again and your youth just looking amazing:) Keep going!! Unlucky my club is not going so well as yours:P Struggling

15 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

@XaW  Fixed. Wow great season again and your youth just looking amazing:) Keep going!! Unlucky my club is not going so well as yours:P Struggling

Thanks! I picked a club with a rather good youth setup, and Slovakia might have been one of the easier places, at least in regards to the league. Europe are still far away.

I know it's juvenile, but I still think it was fun.

ejJLSXI4.jpeg

Edited by XaW

@XaW fantastic couple of seasons here, and progressing nicely in Europe as well. Well done.

@Sn00gle couple good seasons for you as well, working your way up that league.

@SebKolbeck solid firsts season there, welcome and good luck

Dulwich Hamlet - Season 2036/37 - Championship

582de1dcd2b85_DulwichHamletBadge.png.ab4be1650b22e6ca1d689b30314b217e.png

League - Started the season well and were 4th after 10 games when we fell apart. Only 3 wins between September and middle of Jan before finding form again. As usual problem is scoring goals. We did have a bonkers game away to Brighton though. Graph

League Cup - first 2 round were when in form and 3rd round was just as we started to drop

FA CupPremier League Everton too good for us.

Transfers -No big ones this year, some deadwood moved on and youngsters getting game son loan

Squad - not much happening here, we're still punching above our weight

Financesstill counting the money from last season's big sale, am slowly getting facilities up to a decent standard which should help

Key Players

Gary Carneycurrent 1st choice LB

Kevin Graham (11B) - plays our box to box role and chips in with some key goals

Ertgrul Orhan (07A)Still doing the business for us, but I am starting to ease him out as he's league two player and at 29 isn't going to get better

Terry Goodlife (10A) - protects the back 4 well but I really need a young player to come through here, he's solid but need better

Kyle Urwin (18B)Breakthrough season for the young winger and ended the season in good form in front of goal 

Youth IntakeOur 1st since the upgrade in recruitment (only to average but an upgrade is an upgrade) and got 5 prospects

Ramer Gibson (20A) - LB and rated as potential to be one of the best of his generation. So I'm looking forward to seeing how I mess him up.

Colin Farley (20B) - striker that is needed as we've only produced a couple of decent ones 

Ventsislav Dimitrov (20C) - a CB to add to our collection

Luke Tweed (20D) - another LB, could be useful is I mess up Gibson and I can improve his personality 

Kerry John (20E) - potentially a solid GK

Career Overview

2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2027/28		EFL2		3rd 		Promotion!
2028/29		EFL1		3rd		Lost in Playoff Semi Final
2029/30		EFL1		13th		
2030/31		EFL1		8th		EFL trophy runner up
2031/32		EFL1		2nd		Promotion
2032/33		Champ		10th	
2033/34		Champ		16th 
2034/35		Champ		13th 
2035/36		Champ		11th 
2036/37		Champ		16th 

Quick update on my son, I am still in the bottom division and he has played most games when available

Wayne%20Padley_%20History%20Career%20Sta

Wayne%20Padley_%20Overview%20Profile-2_z

@darren1983 Nice season, I see you have a lot of Barbados intake all the time I guess its a lot of fun :D In Poland in 3 season in all clubs only 4 youth from other countries show up :D 

Polonia Warszawa 2019/2020

So where to start in this season hmm... our tradition is lost in first round in cup so we continiue it well as you can see. Since start we start strugling in bottom of the table but in the second half we manage to back in the middle of it so somehow we reach middle table goal  I would say miracle. In half season break I've got 2 offers for our youth Olesinski (YP18a) 250K and Leszczynski (YP19a) 90K SOMEHOW our chairman decide that the 90K is offert that must be accepted WTF??? But 250K oferr I can decide LUL better for me Olesinski is better so far but anyway im angry about losing Leszczysnki he didnt improve at all but had good potential and probably he would start play in next season. Meanwhile I got offers from 2 top league clubs to join as a manager ofc I rejected. Worth to mention Olesinski (YP18a) good improve for him caped for 13min in u19 but he start geting calls anyway and Radomski (YP18d) little bit  improve but he will join my first team. I wanted mention as well Zmuda (YP18b) becouse he got good start of the season but in the half injury for 6 months so that would be all about him:)

Youth intake

I would say good/poor intake we get players on position we need (almost) but they are not enough so far.

Jakub Nowotka (YP20a) - Good potential poor skills.

Erwin Kedziora (YP20b) - Mby some striker if he improve?

Krzysztof Wegrzyn (YP20c) - Hes like worst replacement for Leszczynski.

•  

2018/19		PFD		5th			
    2019/20		PFD		9th

Edited by Sn00gle

@Sn00gle Yeah we get a good mix of 2nd nationalities being in London, keeps it interesting :D Another solid season there.

Sadly for us I'll never get to see what I can make of Ramer Gibson (20A) as on transfer deadline day my board accepted a bid for him from Newcastle and wouldn't listen to my protests. Got 2.5m rising to 5.25m but we already had over 20m in the bank so not like we needed the money :( 

@darren1983 Thats suuuk badly I feel your pain  Olesinski(YP20a) is on TL 3 top clubs in Poland and probably he will fly for like 100k.... 

But think that if you finish this challenge you can continue save and be  NT of Barbados and get your YP and manage them to World Cup sounds fun :D

XaW - Slovan Duslo Šal'a - 2022/23

Slovan_duslo_sala.png

Fun fact: The highest transfer fee ever are Kevin De Bruyne from Manchester City to PSG for £105M. PGS also have bought the 3 next highest  fees. Anthony Martial from Manchester United for £98M, Paulo Dybala from Juventus for £80M and Philipe Coutinho from Liverpool for £69M! 

We had another good season in the league. Only conceded 13 goals in the 33 matches, though we did score quite a few less than last year. We also had some issues winning matches and drew many more than we should have. Need to work a bit on the goalscoring in order to be sure that we will continue to keep the title. The cup was a fluke this season as we went out in the second round against a lower league team. The fact that we used fringe players are no excuse.

After 2 season in the EL group stage I hoped we could continue to improve in Europe and the boys delivered. In the 2nd qualifying round we got drawn against KF Kukësi of Albania. A solid 3-0 win away and a controlled 1-1 at home put us through to the 3rd qualifying round. Here we drew Dinamo Zagreb of Croatia as our opponent. An amazing 3-0 win at home gave us a great advantage. Away, we managed to draw 2-2 to progress to the playoff. The final hurdle before the group stage turned out to be Legia Warzawa of Poland. Lucky draw compared to what we could have drawn, but still a tough opponent. The first match was at home and after a tough match it ended in a goalless 0-0. In the away match we came out swinging and got an early lead. After that we retreated and let them came to us while counter attacking. A very exciting match ended with a 5-3 win for us to progress to the group stage. Finally we are going to get to try ourselves against the best. And we really got a tough draw! The teams in our group turned out to be Liverpool of England, Inter of Italy and Lyon of France. I had no hopes of getting any points, but it should give us some much needed experience. We managed to avoid any thumpings and even managed a draw away against Lyon! A good effort and it gave us loads of cash.

I managed to improve both the training and youth facilities this season and have also gotten another improvement approved. The new stadium should also be opened just before the start of the next season, so things are looking good.

The youth:

We had a good youth intake this season.

New players:

Jaroslav Ondrejka (YP23a) - Very promising midfielder. I think he might get matches already next season.
Milos Ferencik (YP23b) - Tall central defender. Need a bit of work, but could be good. Already got two matches due to injuries.

Fifth intake:

Martin Majtan (YP22a) - Rotated a bit into the team and did well.
Matej Lukac (YP22b) - Mostly a backup and poor progress this season.

Fourth intake:

Robert Jakubek (YP21a) - Got some matches, but plays poor when he gets chances. Was hoping for more from him. Still a talent though.
Roman Kozak (YP21b) - Became the first choice this season. Lots and lots of clean sheets.
Jan Nemeckay (YP21c) - Another good season in the defense. Regular for the U21s, but are getting targeted by big teams and are starting to make fuss about it.
Milan Mikulanin (YP21d) - Better than last season. In rotation in midfield.
Peter Janosik (YP21e) - Started mostly as a sub, but are working his way into the first 11.
Ivan Sudimak (YP21f) - In rotation on left back and does well. Capped for the U21s also.

Third intake:

Jozef Le Giang (YP20a) - 2nd choice, but I'm trying to keep giving him game time to continue improving.
Branislav Bartos (YP20b) - More matches than expected due to injuries, but does well. Good improvement this season.

Second intake:

Lubos Guba (YP19a) - Solid season on the left wing. Delivered enough assists, but want some more goals from him.
Stanislav Hamsik (YP19b) - Another good season, but his stats have stalled a bit. Hope he will get even better.
Jozef Adamec (YP19c) - Very good season on the right wing. Regular for the U21s. Broke his leg towards the end of the season, and will be out most of next season as well.

First intake:

Mario Molnar (YP18a) - Asked for more goals and he gave us quite some! Good season in midfield.
Robert Gajgos (YP18b) - Only a few matches again this season for Guingamp. Not muck luck in France for him.
Peter Novota (YP18c) - Still a backup, but does ok when he plays.

2020/21 Fortuna liga 1st Runner-up Group Stage Playoff Peter Janso (YP19e) – 18 Exellent Basic Adequate Below Average 3,149 1,514 League champions, EL Group stage
2021/22 Fortuna liga 1st Winner! Group Stage Playoff Peter Janso (YP19e) – 24 Exellent Basic Adequate Below Average 2,889 1,804 Domestic double, EL Group stage
2022/23 Fortuna liga 1st 2nd round N/A Group Stage Peter Janso (YP19e) – 14 Exeptional Basic Average Adequate 4,158 1,894 League Champions, CL Group stage

And just got this message. I'd rather not have a takeover. The chairman have let me do my thing and improve stuff as I wanted it, so I'd rather keep hold of him. We have a lot of cash in the bank so I really don't need the investments either.

Edit: It happened, and we got some money. Hopefully the new chairman is as easy going as the last. Just let me do my job and he can skim the top of the revenue.

Edited by XaW

XaW - Slovan Duslo Šal'a - 2023/24

Slovan_duslo_sala.png

Fun fact: Real Madrid haven't won La Liga since 2011/12! It's mostly won by Barcelona, but Atlético Madrid have also won it a few times.

Once again we steamrolled through the Slovakian league. I had a slight hope to go undefeated in the league this season, but some slight complacency around the winter break stopped that quite quickly. Even though with the small glimpse in concentration from the players the title was never in doubt. We once again only conceded 13 goals in 33 games, but we managed to score quite a bit more goals this season. Only 1 goals was conceded in the last 8 games, so this is looking good for next season. In the cup we had a solid run and topped it with a 2-1 in the final against Nitra. 

Playing in the Champions League group stage last season just made us want to do it again. Of course we had to qualify first and our first opponent, in the 2nd qualifying round, was FK Kairat of Kazakhstan. A 3-0 win and a 2-1 win put us through quite easily. Next up was Olimpija Ljubljana of Slovenia in the 3rd qualifying round. An amazing 4-0 away was followed by a crazy 5-3 win at home. In the playoff we drew FC København of Denmark. We managed a 1-0 at home and did our best to shut up shop in the away leg. It was successful and it ended 0-0 to put us through to the group stage again. And again we had a very though draw. Our opponents were Wolfsburg of Germany, Juventus of Italy and Real Madrid of Spain, a very tough draw indeed. We tried our best, but unsurprisingly we lost all 6 matches. Even a couple of big losses, like 0-6 and 0-4 against Real Madrid and 1-5 against Juventus. Hopefully we can get some lucky draws soon so we might pick up a point or two.

I managed to improve both the training and youth facilities again, and once again the new board approved another improvement. We are also expanding our new stadium since we keep packing the stands full.

The youth:

We had a pretty good youth intake this season, but I forgot to take a screenshot of it, sorry!

New players:

Peter Kovacs (YP24a) - Talented right midfielder. Great personality and high determination also.
Denis Somolani (YP24b) - Very good defensive midfielder. Got some weak points, but it can be worked on.
Peter Szabo (YP24c) - Well rounded winger with talent.

Sixth intake:

Jaroslav Ondrejka (YP23a) - A solid season as a sub and backup. Capped for U19s.
Milos Ferencik (YP23b) - Played a lot due to lack of talent in central defense and does well. Great improvement statwise.

Fifth intake:

Martin Majtan (YP22a) - Became first choice and did very good. Capped for the U21s.
Matej Lukac (YP22b) - A backup mostly, and not much improvement this season. Need to work harder.

Fourth intake:

Robert Jakubek (YP21a) - Doesn't play well and don't progress a lot either. A bit disappointed.
Roman Kozak (YP21b) - First choice and does great. Even got capped twice for Slovakia!
Jan Nemeckay (YP21c) - A great season in defense for us and the big clubs are looking at him. Regular for the U21s.
Milan Mikulanin (YP21d) - Started a lot of matches and does good. Capped for the U21s.
Peter Janosik (YP21e) - Just an amazing season. Scored goals galore and did great overall. Also got his first cap for Slovakia.
Ivan Sudimak (YP21f) - First choice for us and plays very good. Another one who got capped for Slovakia.

Third intake:

Jozef Le Giang (YP20a) - 2nd choice, but didn't want to sign a new contract, so he is leaving in the summer to another club in Slovakia.
Branislav Bartos (YP20b) - More matches than expected for another season, but we don't have many central defenders so he will have to do.

Second intake:

Lubos Guba (YP19a) - A bit injured this season, but often plays good if a bit uneventful.
Stanislav Hamsik (YP19b) - Forgot he had a release clause so he left for Spain in January. Haven't played for Gijon yet though.
Jozef Adamec (YP19c) - Out most of the season with a broken leg so his progress have been halted. Hopefully he can bounce back.

First intake:

Mario Molnar (YP18a) - A good season in midfield. Does quite well throughout the season.
Robert Gajgos (YP18b) - Once again only a few matches, I think he need to leave Guingamp to get his career back on track.
Peter Novota (YP18c) - Started making a real fuss about gametime I couldn't give him, so he got a year in Serbia. Plays very bad, so he might be sold when we returns.

2021/22 Fortuna liga 1st Winner! Group Stage Playoff Peter Janso (YP19e) – 24 Exellent Basic Adequate Below Average 2,889 1,804 Domestic double, EL Group stage
2022/23 Fortuna liga 1st 2nd round N/A Group Stage Peter Janso (YP19e) – 14 Exeptional Basic Average Adequate 4,158 1,894 League Champions, CL Group stage
2023/24 Fortuna liga 1st Winner! N/A Group Stage Peter Janosik (YP21e) – 44(!) Exeptional Basic Good Average 5,715 2,115 Domestic double, CL Group stage

@XaW Again good job XaW Janosik 44 goals are just amazing:P I checked at my save  Real won in my game last time in season 2011/12 :D only Barca and Atletico since then but Real got some second places :p

Polonia Warszawa 2020/2021

Finally we got promotion after really hard season... first half we were on the top with 6 points in the lead but after season break... almost only ties and even loses with bottom league teams. Last match we played with Gornik Zabrze so that was match to be or not to be promoted and SUPRISE we tied again ... 1-1 but we take that we got PROMOTION! This promotion taste better becouse our Polonia u18 also won the league in region. Olesinski (YP18a) our bigest talent from academy want to leave so badly but unlucky no one wants to pay me for him 1ml so I can upgrede our youth fields... so I will stay with unhappy player to end of the contract:P Finances are very bad but we got like 1ml tv money from Ekstraklasa and over 800k for new clubs there so we managed to get 100k on plus xD Well not good anyway but start is impressive ;P I want try aswell in this challenge work with foreign intakes in club so definitly my next steps will move to reach some informations from that direction.

Youth intake

I say good intake some boys with good potential.

Dawid Grzyb (YP21a) - Mby future partner for Radomski (YP18d).

Sebastian Kopcinski (YP21b) - Right Winger nice?

Tomasz Konaszewski (YP21c) - Double in this season I take it.

Marcin Nowicki (YP21d) - Finally a striker hope he will be good :D

•  

2018/19		PFD		5th			
    2019/20		PFD		9th
    2020/21		PFD		2nd			Promotion

I've lost a bit of joy in the save in Slovakia, but I still want to succeed with the youth aspect. I'm currently looking at the different leagues and trying to decide which one I want to play in. I'll post in here as soon as I have decided.

So I've decided to go for Belgium. Why? It seemed a funny place to manage. I haven't played there since I played there in 2013 or something, it should be fun. My club of choice ended up being Royal Cappellen. The club is located in Kappellen (surprise surprise), a municipality in Antwerpen, northern Belgium. It is actually the home town of Thomas Vermaelen (Barcelona, currently on loan at Roma). I hope I can take that as a token of our future talents. My profile.

Edited by XaW

I'm guessing Scotland is ranked just above Fiji and Nauru in your game? ;)

Edited by XaW

XaW - Royal Cappellen - 2017/18

r-cappellen-fc.png

Table | Playoff | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Ah Belgium, the rudest word in the universe and, coincidentally, the very place I'm managing in. Royal Cappellen is located in Kappellen in the north of the country. And yes, the C/K issue in the name of the club and team is correct, though I have no idea why it is so. Kappellen is a municipality in the region Antwerp. The team itself was rather good before the 1960s, but since then it have floated around in the lower divisions. My goal is to get the club back to former glory and even further.

My first season went rather well. We started very strongly and were in the lead for a lot of the season. When spring came along we had a bad patch and struggled for a while when we went 6 games with only 1 point. This lead to other teams catching up, but we still managed to keep in the fight for the playoff spots. My main problem throughout the season at this point was the fact that we can only have 4 subs and at least two players need to be under 21. My starting squad had only a single playing under 21, a horrible youth goalkeeper. This meant I had to play with one sub less every game, so a horrible youth goalkeeper and two others. So only two subs that mattered. When the youth intake came a long, the talented youngsters were put straight into the main squad to fill up the bench. As the main season drew to a close we ended in the playoff spots for promotion. In Belgium you keep half of your points from the main season and then play the 3 other playoff teams twice each to decide the winner. We did our best, but only finished second and just missed out on promotion. A very good season for us anyway, and I hope we can fight for it next season as well.

Financially we are losing money, a lot of money! Hopefully the board will push in some much needed cash, or we get a big cup run or something. We need a better cash flow!

The youth:

A good youth intake with 3 players who are talented. The best being Boubacar Rabo (YP18a).

Season League Position Cofidis Cup Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017/18 Derde Klasse 2nd 7th round N/A N/A Dirk Mathyssen – 19 Adequate Basic Below Average Below Average 818 277 Playoff
Edited by XaW

Trying to carry this save on while also trying to wrote a 10,000 word dissertation is proving a little difficult hence my slow progress but have finally completed my current season, bit of time over this weekend as am taking a break from writing so should be able to make some good progress. 

Dulwich Hamlet - Season 2037/38 - Championship

58279a028e8b9_DulwichHamletBadge.png.2d66c72cdce5cbf19c1380bdd2f3376a.png

Leagueup and down season, slow start, very good middle, poor end, you can see from the graph how the season went. Sometimes I feel I've taken the club as far as I can but I go on.

League CupLost to league one side in 1st round

FA Cuplost to fellow championship side in the 3rd round

Transfers None, just the sale of Gibson 

Squad Same as last season really, no one really breaking through or even looking like it right now

Financesstill looking healthy, am slowly upgrading facilities, we're now cat 2 youth academy, and getting youth and training facilities up slowly.

Youth Intake - pretty solid one, no real outstanding players but 3 did get tagged;

Tony Newton (21A) - can play all across back line

Dave Gill (21B) - CM/DM will by trained to be our starting DM I think

Nicholas Roeder (21C) - yet another CB

Career Overview

2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2022/23		EFL2		22nd