Sports Interactive Community
Braumiller

FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

@Pippadoc - Thanks.

@smp20 - I have learned from the best (that being you as the first to complete this challenge).

@The_Gato_In_Goal - A. Petropoulos (who got sent off) is a product of the AEK academy (but he must have been friends with some of our players as he spent an entire season on loan at OFI back in his younger days). Barca bought him from Milan for 56m, he has 72 app for Greece and he came 2nd and 3rd in the Best Player in Europe award.

Skelmersdale_United_FC_logo.png

Season 2019/20.

League (Schedule A/B) - God, where to begin. Well, good news first i guess. WE IMPROVED. Slightly. For the 3rd year running, we survived the relegation battle. We ended up on 45 points, the mythical total to 'Survive' according to the papers, for the first time ever. We also ended up 18th in the table, our highest finish yet! The downside is that a 76 Minute goal by Zach Tollitt in the last game of the season, is what kept me up this year. Another shining moment was the very early push this year. I had 4 losses in my first 5 games and things didnt look good. Somehow i managed to get a run going though and went 9 games with only one loss in it. This gave me enough points to get above the relegation places and meant that my on-off season wasn't punished too much. Im slowly getting more positive results though, most of our losses are by 1 goal but im currently trying to figure out how to keep a lead. A lot of the time i go 1-0 up early on in the first half but i just cant survive the rest of the game. My keeper is shocking honestly. He is barely good enough for the regional divisions and nowhere near the standard required for the VNN but with no money, i cant hire GKing Coaches to improve him. Gearing up for another long season.

Cups - I finally won a cup game! Then i carried on winning! I Managed to get into the FA Cup 1st round 'Proper' for the first time in the clubs history. This meant that for 1 month, my finances actually were in profit, rather than going downhill. Unfortunately, i was against Port Vale from League 1 and we went out. I went out in the first stage of the FA Trophy though.

Finances - I REALLY don't know how im going to survive anymore. My finances have plummeted. I have 3 people on wages now in my squad and have to have the rest on 'Non-Contracts' and im having to have chats with players every week about the finances of the club. My board also asked me if i wish to cancel my youth system to help the finances, which considering the challenge, would be awful. I rejected but they said in the future that i may not have a choice. Really really hoping for some sort of takeover or cash injection so i can start getting some better facilities but im losing hope.

Youth Prospects -

Season one -

Zach Tollitt - Has turned 18 now and is my first choice striker. Scored 12 and assisted 9 in the previous season which basically kept me up. He is coming on in bucketloads and im hoping in the next season or 2 he will go from being 'Well suited to regional divisions' to being a good VNN Player. As it stands though, first team player and when he was on a youth contract, was worth £9.2k.

Lee Reed - Hasn't played as big a role in the first team but has slowly been breaking in. Played 6 matches in a row due to injuries and had a good showing, will become a bigger part of my squad rotation so hopefully will keep the improvements up.

Season two -

Joe Dunn - My backup CM for my team. Doing okay, progressing well, probably wont reach the heights of Zach Tollitt but will still become a very useful member. The only player of my 2nd seasons youth prospects of any worth anymore. I had a decent 5* projected AMR but he has gone downhill fast and is now only 3* projected.

Season three -

Gus Everest - My first prospect is one i desperately needed. A half decent keeper that can be slotted in to play in cup games and to get a bit of experience and hopefully will become better than my current keeper (Who is 2* ATM) in the next season or 2. My current keeper is 32 years old, so im expecting to use this keeper in the next couple of years.

Tyler Hughes - Another decent striker prospect. Will be using him primarily in the youth team but he'll probably get a game or 2 to impress this season.

Aims for next season - I really want this season to be able to get towards the 15th-13th spots. I dont know if that will happen though, we'll see. Surviving relegation again is the aim like usual.

Ilkeston F.C Season 11

Sky Bet League 1

65Nqm16.png                           

League Table| Squad|Transfers| Finances |Fixtures 1| Fixtures 2

Season overview

This season was the most comfortable we have had after a promotion and suggests maybe we will be able to progress earlier than expected. We began the season well enough, winning 4 and losing 4. I was happy, knowing that form like this would be enough to survive. Then without any changes to our system, we started to picked up more wins. I have to believe good fortune was on our side as several games were won by goals after 85 minutes. We managed to get ourselves knocked out of all the cups with ease, even falling to Vanarama south Maidstone in the FA cup. This short run of poor form seemed well overdue, but to my surprise we picked up again. By the time we got to January, we actually  sat in 1st place in the league. Our form for the rest of the season couldn't match the beginning and all of the fortunate wins turned into draws (12 out of our 15 for the season). This saw us very slowly slip down the table. We sat in 5th place going into the final 3 games, losing to Oxford was to be expected. Frustratingly, we dominated against both Bristol and Crawley, but couldn't hold onto winning positions and so eventually got bumped out of the final playoff spot by Scunthorpe. Finishing in 7th place in our first year at this level is amazing and I would have taken much less from this season. To give some context to my season though, the other 3 teams promoted with me (Southend, Oxford and GIllingham) finished 1st, 2nd and 4th respectively. Suggesting the step up isn't so big.

We had our first high profile transfer out of the club. Our youngster James Marsh (YP26a) had developed really well and had been attracting plenty of attention, despite his poor performance. When the January transfer window came around several Championship clubs started bidding. I intervened after the chairman accepted the first bid, however eventually he did give permission for Leeds. They signed him for 600k upfront, rising to 1 million, with a 40% of future sale clause. Luckily for me, I wasn't that impressed by him so the loss didn't hurt too much.

Top Performers

Dennis Doherty (YP23a) This lad has been ever present for us and this season was no different. He scored 7 goals from midfield and rarely put in a bad performance. He did pick up 2 red cards this year which was disappointing.

Dereck Owen Has become a key member of my team and has reminded me not to write players off too soon. Is developing well and is solid as both a DM and BBM, scored 5, assisted 3 and had an average rating of 7.05.

Youth Intake

It is probably to early to make this statement, but I think this will prove to be our best youth intake to date. With two players that could walk into the first team immediately and 2-3 others who are not far off, I feel really lucky. With us being fairly secure in League 1 this will get plenty of football next year.

Declan Matthews (YP28a) Has the makings of a great centre back. His physical attributes are brilliant and the rest are well balanced.

Tom Bonner (YP28b)  Another exciting forward prospect. Will be given time in the U18s. Has a good mix of pace and finishing.

Luis Bradley (YP28c) A small centre mid, who has the right balance of attributes, already has better vision than all of my current midfielders. Will be the hardest to give game time to but should get into the first team within a year or 2

Dickie Handley (YP28d) I would say this lad is the most exciting prospect. Can play anywhere on the right and even upfront. He is quick, has a good work rate and has 20 for flair. I intend for Dickie to become my next FB/CWB and will be Rahul Parmer's replacement. I will need to work on his personality but that is a small downside.

7098d34e4dac70d2c0fb1e5b7ab0f952.png

I forgot to take a screenshot of Ash this year. But I have not forgotten him. He managed to start 20 games this year and appear in 34 in total. He actually had his best year in terms of goals, chipping in 5.

The important number is still his determination. Happily it held fast at 13 and so, we only have another year (I hope) until he gets tutoring.

Club Overview

At the end of the season we received the message that our youth training facilities were downgraded. We haven't had any money for a few seasons now and so this will remain downgraded for the foreseeable future. The best prospect from last year Phil Marsh (YP27a) has no ambition and must have terrible professionalism. He managed to score 11 and assist 11 which is a great year. However he actually went backwards development wise and estimated potential ability dropped below 5 stars. This was the one sour note from the season. 

Season summary

With no expectation of performing so well in the league, I am really pleased with the year. To get such a good intake was the icing on the cake. Keeping hold of that talent may be a problem, due to our low rep but that is to be expected. Hoping for another season like this next year, with so many youths to give a chance even a lower finish would be fine by me.

Edited by Sanno11

Unione_Triestina_2012_SSD.png

Ok, so really like the sound of this challenge. Done quite a lot of searching, trying out different countries, to see what is out there if there is any club that really grabs me. Finally found this one. 

Unione Triestina is the latest reincarnation of a once relatively successful club. Their high point was back 47/48 when Triestina finished second in Serie A to the Grande Torino. Since then they have mostly bumbled around Serie B and C. Having gone bankrupt in 1994 and 2012 this is the third version of the club. Since the 2012 bankruptcy when they were forced to restart at the sixth level in Italy, Triestina have seen three successive promotions (two in real life and one in FM) to get back to Serie C. But I hear you say "that sounds like about 40 other mid size Italian clubs" and you are correct. The real thing that grabbed me after doing a bit of research was this guy:

Nereo Rocco The mad king of catenaccio. Further reading here if you are interested. In a nutshell Nereo Rocco was the manager at Triestina when they finished second to Torino but went on to become AC Milan manager and became the first Italian manager to win the European Cup. Further, he started and was arguably the greatest exponent of the catenaccio system. Not only was Rocco a Triestina great, he also had written in to all his contracts that he was allowed to return to Trieste whenever he felt like it. The stadium is also named after him.

Notable players from history: Cesare Maldini and no one else.

Final other thing that interested me in Triestina is the location of Trieste, it is here, which clearly is not even in Italy, more like Slovenia or Croatia.

So my aim along with completing the challenge is to try and do it using a catenaccio style tactic, and try and develop some quality sweeper/libero type players through our youth system. Obviously to begin with I will almost certainly be forced to play without a sweeper, but I will try and be ultra defensive if my players allow it.

Manager Profile

Have not even looked at the players or facilities. So will give an update on that soon.

UnioneTriestina2012_LogoFB.jpeg

Ok, so first thoughts are that catenaccio is not going to work with this squad initially. I am retraining a couple of my young centre backs to play sweeper, so we will see how that does over time.We had some decent players, then nine of my players refused to sign new contracts. We are left with a pretty large squad with a load of young players. Currently four 16 year olds; eight 17 year olds; sixteen 18 year olds and four 19 year olds. Some decent looking prospects amongst them too but I will mainly be focusing on my own youth intake when they come along rather than detailing these guys. Initially I will be going with a defensive 4-4-2 with very few instructions and we will see how that pans out. Once my centre backs are retrained I will begin to build a catenaccio style formation.

In terms of facilities we have Good Training Facilities and Below average Training Facilities. The Nereo Rocco stadium holds 32,454 and is plenty big enough for us I would imagine.

We are predicted to finish the season 19th out of 20 and are 1000-1 to get the title. So I am expecting a slog (for slog read failure).

Edit: I am going to show you one young player we have already Tommaso Cappai a young, right footed left back who will have to play every week as we have no one else for that role.

Edited by Stukey

Selkirkfc.png

SELKIRK FC - SEASON ELEVEN - 2027/28

Scottish Cup - Betfred Cup - Challenge Cup

League Table:

An improvement! Albeit very small

Squad:

Even less of the original squad, the youngsters better come good.

Transfers:

Nothing of note

Finances:

Still waiting for that influx of money

Youth Intake:

A few with potential but nothing to use straight away

Best XI

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		SPFL2		10th		
2018/19		SPFL2		9th		
2019/20		SPFL2		8th 
2020/21		SPFL2		10th
2021/22		SPFL2		9th		
2022/23		SPFL2		9th
2023/24		SPFL2		9th		
2024/25		SPFL2		9th		
2025/26		SPFL2		10th		
2026/27		SPFL2		10th		
2027/28		SPFL2		9th		

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C.

Season 11 – 2027/2028

Squad// League Table (2nd) // Transfers

A close promotion race!!!

We did it! We got promoted to the Portugese first division in one of the closest promotion races I ever experienced. And it was such a weird race at the end. Two days ago I had an fm session, where everything worked great. 7 wins in 9 games, we pushed in the promotion spots with a 5-point-lead. But today, as I continued the save, nothing worked: 3 losses, 1 draw and only 1 win in the last 5 games of the season. But at the end nobody else wanted to get promoted. At the last day Casa Pia lost their game, Moreirense drew only and both finished behind us. The party started!!!

And we had a decent cup run. We didn't lose a game in regular time in both cups. In the Taca de Portgual we lost in the 4th round in a penalty thriller against last years dominating team from our division, who played a great season in the Liga NOS this year. In the Taca de Liga we got to the group stage for the first time. With 1 win and 2 draws (one against the at the moment best club in Portugal, Sporting CP) my team really impressed.

Again the board sold one of our players: Duarte Galveias (YP08a) was an important first team player (13 goals and 15 assists in 59 games through all seasons), but it didn't hurt us, because this was the year in that our substitutes stepped up. We never had so many goals from so many different players and so many players with high ratings.

For example João Lobato (YP07g) and Volodymyr Chernyshov (YP08d) who started the season on the bench stepped up big time as they were needed because of injuries and became first team players in the process. Chernyshov scored some great free kicks. Our best goalscorer was Marius Toader (YP01g) again (see all about him in last seasons report), but again he had a big dry spell at the end of the season. In the last 8 games he didn't score one goal. But José Conchinha (YP 09a) stepped up. He was during 2 injuries from Toader a good replacement and will challenge him for the striker spot next year. Unfortunately we have no talented striker in our youth team, so a lot of our survival in the top tier will depend on this two guys. Our only other striker option is our left inside forward Hélder Gonçalves (YP06d). After recovering from his 7 month long injury the year before he had a really mediocre season. I hope he finds back his old class...

The Youth Intake: Not the best intake. A few players are talented, but some are lacking in key stats for their position and unfortunately everyone has low determination. And the two best players are for a position we got good players in the last years and have so already a lot of choices.

- Rui Garcia (YP11a): at the moment we get a lot of central mids. This is the first of two really talented this year

- Carlos Lopes (YP11b): second central mid, love his teamwork

- Luis Almeida (YP11c): our central defender this year, but his marking and concentration is far too low...

- Ferreira (YP11d): a new striker with unfortunately not good finishing. He can play on the wings, too, but he's too slow for that. So don't know yet, what I will do with him.

Next season our fans need to take a drive to see us play. Our stadium will be expanded to 4.000 seats (yeah, big crowds), so we are in debt now. During the next 11 months we are playing about an 1 hour drive away in the stadium of an amateur club: 20.000 people can see there next season. And the only goal will be survival. One good thing which came with the promotion: Every important player has now a really long term contract, because they had all an automatic contract extension for 1 or 2 years in case of promotion.

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Taça de Portugal Taça da Liga Europe Squad
2017/2018 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 4th R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2018/2019 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 8th P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2019/2020 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 5th / 2nd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2020/2021 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 9th / 3rd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2021/2022 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 2nd R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2022/2023 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 3rd / 1st R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2023/2024 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 3rd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2024/2025 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 2nd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2025/2026 Ledman LigaPro 8th 2nd Rnd 2nd Phase - Squad
2026/2027 Ledman LigaPro 4th 3rd Rnd 1st Phase - Squad
2027/2028 Ledman LigaPro 2nd 4th Rnd Group Stage (2nd) - Squad

@Kazushi80 Congrats on the promotion! Hope that the shock of meeting Porto, Benfica and Sporting won't be to big, but you will at least get some nice money out of it.

@Dan BHTFC Where can I buy a tshirt with Dan's my hero in the Youth Academy Challenge. Your patience is beyond words.

Having an infuriating season at the moment. We've drawn 13 of 22 games played so far, including seven (7!!!) 1-1 draws where we took the lead /o\.

That includes scoring in the 90th minute in one before conceding in 90+3 minute, and another game we conceded in the 90+2 minute.

BRORA RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

Brora.jpg

SEASON 3 | 2019/2020

LADBROKES LEAGUE 2 | FINAL LEAGUE TABLE | FIXTURES 1 | FIXTURES 2

SCOTTISH CUP | CHALLENGE CUP | BETFRED CUP

FACILITIES | FINANCES | TRANSFERS

A major development before the season had begun was the club takeover by businessman Andy Grant. Fortunately he was happy to let me carry on as before. I also got approached for interviews at St Mirren and Dunfermline Athletic during the season.

As I said in the previous season update I wanted to create a formation this season to allow my two most promising youth players Aaron Macrae and Iain Adams (both Attacking Midfielders) into my first team, and as you can see from their profiles, they both had excellent seasons. I adopted a 4-3-2-1 formation with both players playing behind Lewis Small in attack, and the three of the were exceptional together. Lewis ending up with 29 goals.

The BetFred Cup and Challenge Cup both saw early exits, but a brilliant run in the Scottish Cup saw us make the fourth round for the first time, and were unlucky in defeat to Hamilton Academicals after leading in the tie.

It was the league that saw the best progress though, and we were in the around the mid-tables positions all season. It actually turned out that a positive result in the final match would have confirmed a play-off position, but a home hammering at the hands of Queens Park put an end to that dream this year. Plenty of reason for optimism though.

As usual, we had a new crop of youth players come through the ranks with the three highest rated players being Colin Henry, Callum Mackay-Steven and Chris Cormack.

Personal Expectations for next season: My aim is to clinch that play-off spot, as well as feed a few more youth players into the starting eleven.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEASON	LEAGUE			POSITION	SCOTTISH CUP	CHALLANGE CUP	BETFRED CUP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18	LADBROKES LEAGUE TWO	9TH		THIRD ROUND	FIRST ROUND	FIRST ROUND
2018-19 LADBROKES LEAGUE TWO    9TH             SECOND ROUND    FIRST ROUND     FIRST ROUND
2019-20 LADBROKES LEAGUE TWO    5TH             FOURTH ROUND    FIRST ROUND     FIRST ROUND
Edited by Cookie147

Ilkeston F.C Season 12

Sky Bet League 1

65Nqm16.png                           

Season overview

An incredible season for Ilkeston, that ended with us being crowned as League 1 champions. We began the season with two emphatic wins, with club icon Dennis Doherty scoring 5 of the goals. This put us in first place. Our good form showed no sign of falling away and after 15 games, we were in 2nd place, with only the Nottingham Forest above us. On a side note, I don't know if the rivalries in FM are dynamic, but I have been in the same league as Notts forest for the last 4 years and in terms of location, we are right next to each other and yet they are not even considered a rival?

Anyway back to the season, our form dipped slightly through December, not helped by our first choice GK being injured for several weeks. In January the bigger clubs started swarming around my newest talent and all 3 of the best from last years intake were attracting bids. I was able to reject all but one and frustratingly Luis Bradley left for Brentford in a deal worth 425k.

During this time our form pick up again and was excellent, we won 10 out of the next 12 games, including a confident 2-0 win over 'rivals' Nottingham Forest.  During this run we took top spot from Forest and slowly started to build a cushion. By the time we reached the 38th game we were 8 points clear of 2nd and 10 clear of 3rd. Despite losing 4 of the remaining matches, we had already done enough and celebrated promotion with 2 games to go. We were crowned Champions the following game, even though we lost.

We managed to win our first ever games in the Checkatrade trophy, but crashed out in the first knockout round. We only managed to reach the 2nd round in both the EFL and FA cup. I am going to target the FA cup next year and hope we land a big club to generate some extra money.

Top Performers

Rhys Hill A brilliant season from Rhys, he can be inconsistent, but his 29 goals for the season was brilliant.

Phil Marsh (YP27a) I was frustrated by Phil's lack of professionalism, but in pre-season we got this message out of the blue, which is brilliant and he is finally starting to develop. He scored 21 and assisted 12, becoming one of our most important players

Aaron Sleath (YP27b) Now rated as my best player and won the fans player of the year. Is moaning about wanting to leave the club (even after we won League 1)

Dickie Handley (YP28d) Can be inconsistent but for a 17 fullback to contribute 13 assists is great. Has signed a new contract this summer and so should be able to stop worrying about other clubs poaching him.

Youth Intake

Another decent one, that has produced several players who look to have a future. The personalities are very poor again and I frustrated by the overall poor jumping the seems to be another annoying thing in this years FM.

Stuart McAllister (YP29a) A great player and with 20 determination and a driven personality. Will need to develop his mental and technical attributes but a huge talent

Duncan Morgan (YP29b)  Tagged, but I don' envision him making it, we haven't used wingers for a long while and unless he develops quickly in a full back role him may never get a chance.

Gary Patterson (YP29c) Has a great work rate, needs a bit of work everywhere, but will get a chance as we need some fresh blood in our midfield.

Adam Cullingworth (YP29d) Great physical attributes and work rate make Adam a great addition to the team, will see how he gets on in the U18s

7098d34e4dac70d2c0fb1e5b7ab0f952.png

I keep forgetting to take a screenshot of Ash. He managed 2 starts this year and 6 appearances total. His determination has settled at 13 now and so hopefully he will just be content in the U23s until he can start tutoring.

Peter Havern has now reached 24 and has begun tutoring, his personality isn't as good, but with decent determination and ambition he will help the worst of our youth.

Club Overview

I cannot help but rant a little now. It has been 12 seasons and 4 promotions for Ilkeston, but we still have never had the opportunity to request to improve our 'youth recruitment network'. This seems a little broken. Especially considering the club will allow me to increase junior coaching to the 'exceptional' level. We are still producing players of decent quality, which is the only consolation.

Over the summer we have now massively increased the number of staff at the club. Even with the extra money for being in the championship I could not improve any facilities. At the minute there is a potential takeover happening so hopefully this could change.

Season summary

On the pitch, easily our best season yet, we never fell below 4th place all season, which I can't quite believe. We have a huge challenge to survive in the championship but I don't see why we can't be better than 3 other teams.

@Sanno11 - Amazing season mate! Best of luck in the Championship. Cullingworth looks like a really interesting prospect, those PPMs could lead to some interesting movement.

@Sanno11 

Congrats to promotion.

I am in the 12th season now (my first season in the portugese first division) and i have the first time the option to ask for increasing my "failry basic youth recruitment, yet. Junior Coaching i could raise to exceptional years ago.

I think the problem is: As long as there are many bigger clubs as you in the same area, you can't improve the recruiting. Because most of the players will still go to that club...

@Muttley84 Thanks. I am performing surprisingly good in the first division until yet. And the big stadium helps so much financially. Especially against Sporting, Benfica and Porto we had big paydays (for a club our size). Already fearing next season back in our own stadium. will cost me a big junk of our income...

Edited by Kazushi80

Grenoble Foot 38 - Youth Intake 2024

OwXVPVE.png

Another solid youth intake, although it doesn't look as deep as some of our recent intakes. We've broken the streak of 4 intakes with a great Goalkeeper prospect, we had too many anyway so it's nice to get some other positions instead. I'm moving my formation from a 5-3-2 WB to a 4-2-3-1, so the wingers we have been getting in are going to be a lot more important for us over the next few seasons.

Stephane Herve (MC) - Herve might be the most developed prospect I've had come through so far. He looks really good technically, which is a great change to the usual class of players we get in. I'll look to play him as a defensive minded central midfielder, and I'm really excited to get him into the first team squad as soon as he turns 16.

Aurelien David (DM) - David is nowhere near as polished as Herve and likely won't be making an impact in the first team any time soon. I will look to develop him as an MC as I don't see using a DM any time soon.

Franco Russo (AML) - Russo apparently has a ton of potential, but as of right now he doesn't look overly impressive. He's not especially quick and he doesn't have particularly impressive technical skills either. Hopefully in a couple of years time he will have improved a lot. 

Francois Dornier (ST) - Dornier looks like a good ST prospect. He has solid finishing for his age and some good composure. He needs to improve on his speed as, at 5'7", he's never going to be competitive in the air. I'll look to give him some sub appearances in the cups if I can next season. 

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C.

Season 12 – 2028/2029

Squad // League Table (11th) // Transfers

First season in the top division!

Great season in the top division. We were never in fear of getting relegated, always stayed around 7th or 8th place and dropped only at the end of the season, because like every year: Marius Toader (YP01g) can't score anymore in spring (but was still the top goalscorer again). So we lost a lot of the games during the end of the season. We got trashed sometimes, especially the big clubs are still a lot better than we, but there are enough clubs in this league against which we can compete...

Financially the top division was a big thing for us. TV money, merchandise deals brought a lot of cash (for the first time we can improve our training facilites now), and the move to another stadium helped, too. More than 4.000 people came in average to our games. Unfortunately: renovation of our home ground is completed now, so next season we will play in an arena with an capacitiy of only 4.000. Damn. The board wants to build a new stadium, but god knows when that will happen. Btw.: Because of a bug we didn't compete in the Taca da Liga, which is a shame, because it's the cup competition where you can earn a lot of money. Next year we're in it again...

Regarding our players: we need to talk about an legend first. João Vrea, our last real player (we still have a few regens with came to the club before me), retired (unfortunately he doesn't plan to grab a backroom staff position). We gave him a final game, so that he played in every season for us. He was only a tutor in the last few years, but was a good centre back for a long time. He will be missed. Missed was Hélder Gonçalves (YP06d) for a long time, too. Again, he sustained damaged cruciate ligaments and was out for most of the season. It's the second time he has this bad injury and I don't know if our former star player, who was so promising that some big clubs were interested in his services, will ever be playing a big role again. An important players was Volodymyr Chernyshov (YP08d) who my assistant doesn't rank as our first choice attacking mid, but who had a lot of good games. Diogo Pinho (YP10a) was in goal a legend sometimes. Yes, he conceded a lot, kept only 5 clean sheets, but that wasn't his fault. As is said we got trashed from the big teams and there were some ridiculous scenes, where he saved the first two shots, but since my defense did nothing to clear the ball, he had no chance against the third.

The Youth Intake: An intake with players with talent and good current ability, but again: best players are in the positions, which are not needed (central defender, central mid, goalkeeper). We desperately need good attacking players and wingers. For the first time personality is a bigger problem with an intake.

- Vasco Esteves (YP12a): Another defensive, central mid. Seems we are collecting them now. Unfortunately we need to do something about his personality. First tutor attempt didn't work.

- Oscar Andreani (YP12b): after years without talented goalkeepers, they keep on coming now. So we have now 2 goalkeepers in the squad who are playing for youth national teams.

- Hugo Guerreiro (YP12c): our yearly central defender this year. bad personality, too, tutoring didn't work with the first try

Next season is all about survival again. Our bad run at the end showed us that it will not be easy. So we need to find 2 teams we can left behind. And I hope we can hold onto all our players, especially onto our goalkeeper who wants to move, but has a long term contract.

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Taça de Portugal Taça da Liga Europe Squad
2017/2018 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 4th R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2018/2019 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 8th P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2019/2020 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 5th / 2nd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2020/2021 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 9th / 3rd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2021/2022 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 2nd R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2022/2023 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 3rd / 1st R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2023/2024 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 3rd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2024/2025 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 2nd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2025/2026 Ledman LigaPro 8th 2nd Rnd 2nd Phase - Squad
2026/2027 Ledman LigaPro 4th 3rd Rnd 1st Phase - Squad
2027/2028 Ledman LigaPro 2nd 4th Rnd Group Stage (2nd) - Squad
2028/2029 Liga NOS 11th 5th Rnd - - Squad

Shouldn't have said it. Praising words about my goalkeeper combined with the hope that we can hold to him. After that: starting the game, playing one week in game and what happened: An offer from Barcelona for him. And a lot of other top teams are interested. Since i know my board loves to go over my head selling players, i really fear i'll lose him...

Grenoble-Foot 38 - End of Season Review 2023/24

kW9Cw2e.png

Squad - Ligue 2 Table - Ligue 2 Results - French Cup Results - Coupe de la Ligue Results - Transfers - Finances

Ligue 2 - 14th

It was an odd start to the season which really felt like it cost us a chance at a top half finish this season. We failed to win any of our first 11 games of the season, although we only lost 2 of those games. There story of the season was really one of missed opportunities, as we finished the year with 19 draws which seems crazy! 

To go with the number of draws, we also threw away far too many leads to have those draws. We drew 10 games in which we took the lead, including 9 1-1 draws. We twice conceded in injury time to draw the game. In one 3-3 draw we took a 2-0 lead before letting them even the game up, we then took a 3-2 lead before throwing that away as well. 

Our improved form later in the season came from me moving away from the 5-3-2(WB) we've been using since I started to this 4-2-3-1. We scored the majority of our goals in the second half of the season, although the tactic seems to be fairly weak defensively as well. 

Overall, we were good again defensively. We conceded 38 goals, only 3 more than last season, however we kept 10 less clean sheets which was pretty disappointing. Again, we were poor going forward, although we improved from 35 goals to 36 goals. Hopefully, with a full year in our new tactic we can push that goal count up next season. 

Coupe de la Ligue - Knocked out in 1st Round

Not much to say here, we were deservedly knocked out in the first round with our goal being an injury time consolation. I'd like to see us do better next year as the prize money in this competition is fantastic.

French Cup - Knocked out in the 11th Round

A great campaign saw us comfortable get past 4 lower league teams and set up a big money tie away to PSG. We played fantastically in the game, and through deserved our 1-0 lead at half time. In the end, their quality showed out to get them the equaliser and we could keep up with them in extra-time. However, the game did earn us £600k in gate receipts which accounts for all our profits this season. 

Key Performers

Nicolas Guinot (YP21A) (GK) - Guinot has usurped Maubleu as our starting goalkeeper now, and has become the best player in the squad if my assistant manager is to be believed. The biggest question is can I keep hold of him, I'm sure there will be interest this summer!

Cherubin Kouyombo (YP19D) (DR) - The move back to right back has really agreed with Kouyombo as he's had his best season so far. He's got plenty of potential, it would be nice to see some improvement in his technical abilities.

Maxime Spano (DC) - Spano continues to be one of the stars of out side. At 29 years-old, hopefully, he still has a few more years of performing at a high level for us. He's been our Fans' player of the season for the last two years. 

Sofian Belbey (MC) - Belbey continues to impress as our playmaker in the middle of the field. He didn't reach the goal and assist number as last season, but he does a great job of getting the ball to our attacking players outside of that. 

Yacouba Traore (YP20F) (AMR) - Traore is another player who has really excelled in our new formation. He lead the team in goals in Ligue 2, although Diallo did score more overall. He also managed to create 7 goals. 

Mohamed Alami (YP19J) (AML) - I've finally managed to Alami involved in the first team and he's had a solid season for us as well. With a professional mentality and good physical stats, hopefully he can improve those mental and technical stats and become a real star for us. 

Bruno Diallo (YP19I) (ST) - Diallo has done pretty well as a lone striker having scored 14 goals in all competitions. We could do with him improving to around a 20 goal a season player if we want to make a real push up the table. 

Youth Watch

Jesus Romero (YP20B) - Romero has established himself as our starting DL now and has had a pretty solid season for us. I'd like to see his crossing and dribbling improve to allow to really excel in his wing back role. 

Julien Guillaume (YP18C) - Guillaume is the starting centre back alongside Spano. He does a solid job there and is a pretty well rounded player. He never seems to attract much interest from bigger clubs so hopefully I can keep him around for a long time to come. 

Ousmane Salamanta (YP21F) - Salamanta is a great prospect at centre back. His 18 determination is great, and I'd love to develop him into a starter so I can use him as a tutor in a few years time. 

Jeremy Mahe (YP19C) - Jeremy Mahe doesn't seem to have made much progress over the last year, but he still has the potential to improve.

Pierre Rougier (YP20D) - Like Mahe, Rougier doesn't seem to have made much progress. I really want him to grow into the successor for Belbey, but he needs to make some strides over the next couple of years for that to happen. 

Antoine Ollier (YP19H) - Ollier had a solid season playing as an AMR. I'm looking forward to following his progression over the next couple of years, although he may struggle to get into the first team ahead of Yacouba Traore.

Habib Toure (YP17B) - Toure continues to be a solid, if unspectacular, player for us. He has had a run in the first team playing as our AMC, but he needs to improve to keep it in the long run. I'm regretting making him our captain given his determination of 6, I may look to make a change this summer.

Kylian Jost (YP21G) - Jost is looking like a really solid option at AML. He will continue to back up Alami heading into next season, but he has the potential to take over the role is he can continue to develop well. 

Mathias Gunia (YP22B) - Gunia is the player to challenge Habib Toure for the starting AMC role. He got a few games this season when Toure got injured and didn't do too badly. I will likely look to rotate the two of them next season and see if either of them excel themselves. 

Ricardo Mendes (YP20G) - Mendes has been pretty good when he has stepped in for Diallo due to injuries. But, he hasn't quite shown enough to earn the ST spot when we have a healthy team. 

Club Overview

My wage reductions, and a massive cup tie, ensured that we finished with a profit this season. Unfortunately to continue the profits we'll likely have to continue to sell players every year. I hope we post a loss next season as I really don't want to lose any of the youngsters we have at the moment. 

We'll be looking to get rid of a few of our experienced players this off-season. Coulibaly, Mohamed, and Cianci have all asked to move on, and as I pay them pretty high wages and don't use them I accepted their requests. 

Goals for Next Season

We need to score more goals! If we can get an extra 10-15 goals a season, I really think we have a shot at the top half of the table at least. 

Also, I need to work out how to tighten up late in games when we have a narrow lead. 

If you listen to my assistant manager the majority of my players are only good enough for the division below us. I think this will be another year of (hopefully) developing players whilst not threatening for promotion. I need to avoid losing our star players if we really want to make progress in the long run. 

As it is quiet on here, I thought I would share this. It will be cathartic to share my pain.

Stuart McAllister (YP29a) joined last season and looked like a good prospect.

OXkGVeO.png?1

I decided to give him a chance in the first team at the beginning of my current season, to see what he was capable of. His form wasn't great but he was developing faster than any player we have ever had.

tBgvxuZ.png?1

Suspicions confirmed, he is best talent we have ever produced. Having lost 2 of our better players last year I was a little worried when the January transfer window opened.

f6kDpFw.png?1

Sold to Bournemouth for 1.3 million. The chairman didn't even let me protest.

The speed of his development was incredible. In June in pre-season he looked the same as the first image and in six months he had gained at least 2-3 points on most attributes, off the ball improved by 5. Farewell Stuart.

Hi there

FM has become quite stale for me (not because im any good) and play it rather slowly. The thought of not having to worry about scouting and transfers intrigues me, should speed my play up and make me concentrate on the tactical / development side of the game.  

What are the best leagues to try this challenge in for speed of play?. A 46 game league season in England doesn't really appeal.

Cheers

44 minutes ago, Cider Ed said:

What are the best leagues to try this challenge in for speed of play?. A 46 game league season in England doesn't really appeal.

In Norway (and probably Sweden) the league start in april and end in october/november, so that might fit. If a summer season is a no go then Hungary and Austria might be worth a go, with their long winter break. 

@Cider EdMaybe also Serbia? Norway and Sweden certainly are 26 matches per season. I don't know about it, but maybe also Denmark. I'm currently trying Lyn in Norway.

EDIT: almost forgot, in Norway you start in 2018 'cause after first season there are no promotions from the lower league. And by the rules, you can't take a team previously demoted in that first season.

Question for all: is it allowed to rebuy players produced in your academy? I saw people doing it in the Dulwich Hamlet youth challenge thread, and was wondering if it's the case here.

Edited by fabreth

Ilkeston F.C Season 13

Sky Bet Championship

65Nqm16.png                           

Season overview

This season saw us confidently step up into the Championship and more than hold our own. Things didn't start perfectly and in the first 8 games we only picked up one win. I was quite happy despite this as we drew 5 of these games and gave most teams a good game. At the end of the first month, fellow promotees Rotherham started bidding for a starting centre back Aaron Sleath (YP27b), the chairman accepted without allowing me to protest, I offered him to everyone else and to my disappointment he chose Rotherham, for 400k. He just sat in the U23s for the season and it felt like a sinister move from the bigger club.  We moved on from this and despite our weaker defence, our ability to score plenty eventually started to pay off. We went through several weeks where we won a couple and lost a couple. This really help get us comfortably into mid table. We reached January further from the relegation spots than the play offs which was great. We managed to get to the fourth round of the EFL cup where we luckily drew Arsenal, they thrashed us 4-0, but we picked up a good pay day and I was able to request youth and training facility improvements.

As I showed in an earlier post we lost the quick developing Stuart McAllister (YP29a) to Bournemouth here. He had played well in the first couple of months but his form had dipped, without a sell on clause I really hope he doesn't become a great player, but I suspect he might.

We started the new year with 3 good wins, but that was as good as it got. We didn't win away for the rest of the year and drew too many games. Once safety had been guaranteed I got as many youth players in the squad and stopped caring about our form. Our finishing position of 12th place is great and I am happy to spent a couple of years here growing the club so we can hold onto our better players for the future.

Top Performers

Nick Jordan (YP23b) With us losing a first team striker I had to revert back to 'old' Nick Jordan and he didn't disappoint. He managed 15 goals, in a time when not many others were scoring. He is rated good for Vanarama north/south which I think makes this more impressive

Derek Mansell Wasn't a key first team player, but with Sleath being sold I all of a sudden didn't have a back up. He has made incredible progress this year and whilst his acceleration is poor he played really well (was un-tagged from previous years intake)

Youth Intake

A mixed intake really and one I will wait and see before judging, Partridge is the best of the bunch. I just realised I cut the full names off in the screenshot, I only tagged two players and just label a couple with the year.

Jonathan Partridge (YP30a) Bravery aside, he looks to be a well rounded target-man. I use a deep lying forward so he should be a decent fit. Great physical attributes

Liam Wilkins (YP30b) With our lack of centre backs, Liam will be trained as one. Great pace and jumping, OK defensive attributes. I will wait to see if I can improve his balance and what effect poor balance has on his performance.

Project Tutor: The Ash Benfield Story (Formatting wouldn't copy so I abandoned it)

2030 Screenshot

Only managed to get on the field 2 this year, both substitute appearances. I have to prioritise the better youth players over Ash, so he is confined to the U23s. He has concerns he may need to move on to get first team football. He is now 23 years old and will soon be tutoring.

Club Overview

This season saw lots of positive developments off the field. We got a new chairman and Ilkeston is now on the Stock market, no investment though. Following the season, with the change in reputation and TV money the board decided to expand the stadium by 2848 seats. As a result of that we get to share Nottingham Forests stadium for 11 months, which should generate a good bit of income.

And finally, after the season I was able to upgrade youth recruitment. I suppose it makes sense, we finally have the money and we are actually a big club now, with only Leicester in the east midlands playing in the premiership and all others below us.

Season summary

Losing two of our better players didn't hurt our season and we look to have a good foundation for the next few years. The upgrades, increase in finances and stadium move were the icing on the cake and the next few years should be good fun.

Hello all

Struggled a bit with a couple of games however I've decided to take the plunge in Norway with Lillehammer.

Here is my profile

BRORA RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

Brora.jpg

SEASON 4 | 2020/2021

LADBROKES LEAGUE 2 | FINAL LEAGUE TABLE | FIXTURES 1 | FIXTURES 2

SCOTTISH CUP | CHALLENGE CUP | BETFRED CUP

FACILITIES | FINANCES | TRANSFERS

Following last season's club takeover, fortunately the new owners have let me carry on as before. However, I think they are now getting bored with my frequent requests for upgrades to our facilities. None of these requests have come to fruition. Should I issue an ultimatum? Has this ever worked? I have also been attracting the attention of leading clubs again, with Greenock MortonSt Mirren (again) and Aberdeen offering me an interview. Obviously, both were declined, although the Aberdeen one was tempting, but the enjoyment of this challenge helped me see sense.

The league was a mixed bag full of inconsistency, with early form indicating a good season ahead, with the club sitting in 4th for the first few month. However, the slump of all slumps over the winter months plummeted us into the bottom space of the table, and total out of form. However, a quick tactic alteration and a rather stern team meeting changed the clubs fortunes, and an 11 match unbeaten run at the end of the season got us so close to that play-off spot. An injury to star forward Lewis Small with three matches left, probably was the deciding factor in us not making it to the play-offs.

Other star performers were once again Aaron Macrae, Iain Adams and Sam Stewart, who I think I will make club captain next season. His form in the centre of midfield had been excellent.

The cup competitions were a major disappointment this season, with the Scottish Challenge Cup exit at the hands of non-league Keith FC.

As usual, we had a new crop of youth players come through the ranks with the three highest rated players being Barry Miller, Willie Cunningham and Ally Allan.

Personal Expectations for next season: My aim is to clinch that play-off spot, as well as feed a few more youth players into the starting eleven.

SEASON	LEAGUE			POSITION	SCOTTISH CUP	CHALLANGE CUP	BETFRED CUP
2017-18	LADBROKES LEAGUE TWO	9TH		THIRD ROUND	FIRST ROUND	FIRST ROUND
2018-19 LADBROKES LEAGUE TWO    9TH             SECOND ROUND    FIRST ROUND     FIRST ROUND
2019-20 LADBROKES LEAGUE TWO    5TH             FOURTH ROUND    FIRST ROUND     FIRST ROUND
2020-21 LADBROKES LEAGUE TWO    6TH             THIRD ROUND     FIRST ROUND     FIRST ROUND

This loading business is getting tedious. Trying for Clachnacuddin, or possibly Wick or Fort William. But I'm only getting Cove or Brora Rangers. Not even gotten Buckie yet, and they are topping the Highland league irl. Question though, for you Scotland players: Did you  take control of the play-off match, or wait till after the match to take over?

Anyone have any suggestions for a league to start with? Germany was an utter pain as I recall with the u17 rule (played it a few versions ago) but I don't think I could take playing in one of the super lowly rated nations.

I was considering a France/Spain possibly. I'm not against a mid range sort of a Scotland/Austria kind of thing but perhaps somewhere with a bit of financial backing would be nice. The big one is, much as England is a good challenge, 46 game seasons a just a tad too long.

What do you guys reckon? I may well simply take on the first suggestion made. So have at it! 😃

Edited by DrPoods

Even Saturn in Russia looks tempting. Gawd I am hopeless at making my mind up. HELP! 😂

I would adore playing as Berliner FC Dynamo but the u17 rule is a concern...

Edited by DrPoods

Question: Is it now possible to do a proper San Marino Youth Academy Challenge, since they were relegated to Serie D last season?

41 minutes ago, Raffen said:

Question: Is it now possible to do a proper San Marino Youth Academy Challenge, since they were relegated to Serie D last season?

If they are unplayable in first season yes :p But its still Itlian challenge

19 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

If they are unplayable in first season yes :p But its still Itlian challenge

True enough ;D.

I just always want the little nations to succeed, so maybe a San Marino academy, with associated clubs from Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Andorra & Malta :D.

Shame FC Andorra is so far down the leagues atm...

8 minutes ago, Raffen said:

True enough ;D.

I just always want the little nations to succeed, so maybe a San Marino academy, with associated clubs from Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Andorra & Malta :D.

Shame FC Andorra is so far down the leagues atm...

If you want get a Juniors from other countries you should go England, Portugal or Belgium

Just now, GloryFan2002 said:

@DrPoods Try Finland some cool names their like Santa Claus FC and Atlantis FC

Ahhh yes.

FC Santa Claus. The puns are outstanding.

5 hours ago, Sn00gle said:

Go Spain or Portugal  @DrPoods  

Never managed in Portugal except for a match here and there. I think Beira-Mar are down low these days aren't they?

But Spain needs a run. I think I'll start there.

Edited by DrPoods

Loading up Spain now.

Might combine with a Big Euro. Anyways, wish me luck!!

EDIT: Can't find a club I really want to try. So Spain is on the backburner.

Edited by DrPoods

I really want BFC Dynamo Berlin. Loather by many, it is a club I have always been fascinated by.

If loading is a struggle then I may consider something else.

Edited by DrPoods

Going to start in Germany with another former DDR club. The mighty Carl Zeiss Jena! Proper introductory post to follow!

Lillehammer_FK.gif.976eadec89c553d5baf29c70dfd9ebef.gif

Lillehammer
PostNord-ligaen Avdeling 1

2018 Season Review

League - Table - finished in a pretty solid 9th place, although I was worried we may get relegated at some stages

Squad

Key players:

Erik Sigtbakken: probably our best player, the winger also has a Resolute personality which has been good for tutoring

Magnus Londal: a decent enough striker, we didn't score much anyway

Frikk Strand Wulff: could be good, largely played in lieu of anyone else

Youth Intake

Pleased that in Norway you get the youth intake before the season starts - tagged a few players

Ola Solstad (18a): Start | End - easily the best prospect, became our best midfielder now has a lot of interest from elsewhere in Norway.

Matthias Sorum (18b): Start | End - a decent centre back, ended up playing at left back for about half the season due to a lack of other options

Cato Landal (18c): Start | End - a good defender also, made a handful of appearances

Alf Johannes Geilo (18d): Start | End - a great right back, ended up with a few games as the season progressed

Stian Moen (18e): Start | End - decent centre back, got the occasional appearance here and there

Finances: got a £30k payment from our parent club Rosenborg to help with this

Transfers: only player signed before my arrival

On 13/12/2016 at 21:02, darren1983 said:

Dulwich Hamlet - EFL1 - Season 2028/29

Dulwich Hamlet Badge.png

League - seems strange to say when looking at the table after our 1st season at this level but I'm annoyed/frustrated with 3rd. I've not lost my marbles, let me explain. Opening day we won 5-1 and I was all optimistic, as is our style we then lost the next 4 to make me panic, we found our feet and to our shock we discovered the jump from league 2 to league 1 wasn't as big as thought. We started to pick up wins and before I knew it we were pushing for promotion. With 7 games to go we even hit top spot. This is where frustration sets in. We then lost our next 3 before picking up a win before then drawing the next 2. Last game of the season we're away to Millwall while Bristol Rovers are away to Shrewsbury. They're 1 point clear with a better GD so we needed to win & hope they dropped points. They did. A 1-1 draw while we proceeded to throw away a 3-1 lead to draw 3-3 and miss out on auto promotion. Playoffs it was for us, our opponents? Millwall of course! 2 days before the first leg we lost top scorer Angel Weaver (09B) to illness. The next day we lost his back up Courtney Hall (05C) to injury. In the away leg they had 2 shots on target - in the 3rd minute and a miss hit cross in the 92nd minute. We lost 2-0. Home leg we did get Weaver back but he wasn't really at the races and we struggled to a 1-1 draw to lose 3-1. The fat Millwall went up was no consolation. During the season I managed my 600th game though.

League Cup - We gave Championship side Fulham a good game but they were too strong.

EFL Cup - for the 5th or 6th straight year we won1 and lost 2 :D 

FA Cup - our best run ever. 4th round and away to Premiership West Ham but a near 50k attendance was what I wanted. We gave them a good game which was nice.

Transfers - usual players out that won't make it along with some loans for players needing game time.

Squad - no real change from last season

Finances - healthy, cup run really helped. I also managed another increase in our junior coaching after the West Ham game to move us up to exceptional.

Key Players

Nicky Wright (06B) - player of the season, we really miss him when he's out suspended or injured.
Ertugrul Orhurn (07A) - thought we would lose him this year as his contract was up at the end of the season and he wanted out, he removed his transfer request and I got him to sign a new deal :cool:
Angel Weaver (09B) - top score. He's my angel

Youth Intake - another solid one.

Andrew Acton (12A) - Could be the keeper we've been looking for
Jeremy Hallett (12B) - another CB. Good mental stats already
Danny Lewington (12C) - CM with good mentals
Emmanual Lawal (12D) - striker, not the best but solid starting stats

Career Overview

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2023/24		EFL2		4th		Lost Playoff Semi Final	
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2027/28		EFL2		3rd 		Promotion!
2028/29		EFL1		3rd		Lost in Playoff Semi Final

Ok so in the past few months I've had next to no time to play FM (cheers life) and when I have I've tried a couple different saves as this one takes a certain dedication and focus I couldn't really give it, however those saves all bored me really quickly and I missed my boys from Dulwich so with some stuff sorted out and my life starting to look normal (for me anyway) I'm returning here.

Thanks @darren1983 I am glad to see you back on the thread, it has been quiet. I have just been plodding along and luckily for me it was mostly in the right direction. 

All the best picking back up the Dulwich career, looking forward to the next update. 

Gods, the first season in Scotland is brutal. Only 13 players on the rooster, and all of them rubbish. Hoping for a youth intake from heaven right now

Dulwich Hamlet - EFL1 - Season 2029/30

582de1dcd2b85_DulwichHamletBadge.png.ab4be1650b22e6ca1d689b30314b217e.png

League - after just missing out on promotion last season, this year was a step back. The only consistent thing about us this year was our inconsistency. Found a bit of form in the middle and actual looked like we might push for a playoff place but 12 games without a win (as our main goal scorer was missing for 10 of these) put paid to that. Hoping for better next year.

League Cup - Should have known from this game what sort of season it would be, with a loss to a league two team.

Checktrade Trophy - made it out the group for the only the 2nd time ever. Arsenal's U23 side was too good for us.

FA Cup - another first round exist to a league two side.

Transfers - obviously none in but the big loss was losing Superman when my chairman accepted a 450k bid from QPR. It's good money but he was one of our brightest prospects. No sell on either - idiot chairman :mad:

Squad - promoted a few players that did well on loan in the 1st half of the season. Our main issue is goals with only 1 player in double figures.

Finances - until the prize money came through we were over £1m in the red. Need promotion and/or cup run I think as can't kick on with training upgrades till we get money.

Key Players

Andrew Acton (12A) - best prospect we've produced (premier league potential) 1st half of the season was out on loan but progressed enough to be our 1st choice. Currently wanted by 15 clubs in prem & championship but got him on a 3 year deal with a £1.9m buyout.

Ben Nightingale (03A) - still a consistent presence at the back.

Ertugrul Orhan (07A) - a constant battle in windows to keep him, currently the best player at the club but thankfully no one sniffing around for the first time in years.

Nicky Wright (06B) - key midfielder, can play all 3 of the roles I use and chips in with a few goals

Angel Weaver (09B) - 20 goals this season despite 5 separate injuries. When he's missing we struggle real bad.

Youth Intake - not the best we've had with only 3 players tagged

Matt Logan (13A) - left sided player, could be a good wing back in the set up I have

Emmanuel Acquah (13B) - looking to mould him into our AP role

Jason Barton (13C) - decent set piece taker, decent physicals, needs work though.

Career Overview

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2023/24		EFL2		4th		Lost Playoff Semi Final	
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th